New Tempest Trial+: Sweet Dreams [Datamine]

So much salt for M!Marth on earlier pages and here I am actually happy to have a free Falchion user at +5 merges (+7 for other people) and I honestly don't even care for Lucina that much plus now I feel good about not being pressured into wasting orbs pulling a summer unit just for the TT bonus. I might have to consider using M!Marth in arena now since she/he is getting might actually be viable to get a high score now and dragons are still dominating the metagame. Also, Flashing Blade looks nice since a lot of units I tend to use have over 40 speed before other stat boosts.

I guess I will be using M!Marth plus a bunch of fliers considering the final map looks like it has a lot of terrains you can't cross on in the center.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Mia died for nothing. At least I kept the one with a better nature. My Tailtiu already has Sturdy Blow so I can switch out her seal slot for flashing blade

Jeez, Masked Marth. If I were the type of person who merged my 5-stars, I'd probably be more excited to see her. Alas, I do not and she doesn't even have any skills, so I feel like I'm going to merge the 4-star one for SP and send the 5-star one home for feathers. Or something. I wouldn't mind "Marth" getting rerun if it weren't for the fact that we have no idea if we're ever going to see the other Tempest units rerun. I don't know why they didn't just make copies of the old Tempest units rewards for tap battle or something.

Also, I guess I'm lucky that aside from the Masked Marth I already have built up I have a summer Corrin. Who is -spd.

Well, there goes my hopes of another "Marth alt to poorly make up for gender imbalance in seasonals" situation here, or really anyone with more than just a weapon on them, but I like TotallynotLucina so I guess I won't complain too much.

Anyways, took long enough for SPD Ploy to show up. Flashing Blade isn't the first thing I'd expect but I'm sure I could make good use out of it. HP/RES ... not bad, but not the most interesting combination. Would've preferred any two of Atk/Spd/Res, but my healers could still make good use of it.

And for the first time since our first ever Mini TT I've got a full team ready right out the gate. Feels good.

I wonder how the Mid-July Character Update will ended up looking after all this "gender imbalanced" banners.

Edited by Troykv

10 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I keep seeing people mention MM coming up to +7...I know I didn't s3nd any home (i think), and my MM is only +2...where're the other copies from?

She has been rewarded in three previous TTs (Dark Clouds over Awakening, To Die on the Battlefield, A Gift of Peace) as a 4* and a 5* in each, so the total copies you could possibly have of her will be bumped up to eight after this TT.

Well...fml. i really don't remember them. Oh. Oh wait...one of those i was working odd hours the two weeks it ran...so I missed out on a lot of the rewards from it...i remember I having to go back and make the seals after they came out.

3 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Well...fml. i really don't remember them. Oh. Oh wait...one of those i was working odd hours the two weeks it ran...so I missed out on a lot of the rewards from it...i remember I having to go back and make the seals after they came out.

To Die on the Battlefield was also a mini TT which only lasted a week back in September, if that helps you remember anything.

Edit: I forgot A Gift of Peace was full length and not a mini TT.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The latter two were also both mini TTs which only lasted a week each (Battlefield was in September while Peace was December), if that helps you remember anything.

Yeah...i think I missed the December one completely and only got half the rewards for September.

I'm glad Speed Ploy is getting a Seal, not so much for Flashing Blade, because all the fastest units are Fliers or Cavalry (usually post-Hones), and they can't use the seal...

Oh well, I suppose I at least have something to give to one of my more speed fortunate units...

I was wondering how this topic got so many pages... lol Now I'm not surprised.

I'm not sure if Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade will be better for Raven, but it's nice to have the option. And SPD Ploy will go straight to Lucius. With means someone else will get to run either Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade! Arena just got a little more fun. 

I guess my MM gets another merge. I'm tempted just to go ahead and promote the 4 star copies too since they're not doing anything else in my barracks, and I could use the space. I don't have any of the other bonus units aside from Summer Corrin, so it looks like I'll probably run Summer Corrin, Hinoka or Tana (for Hone Fliers), Cherche/Minerva/Michalis/Myrrh, and Masked Marth for heals. (I'll probably just run Cherche for the nukes. XD) 

40 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I was wondering how this topic got so many pages... lol Now I'm not surprised.

Most of the posts are about if the rewards are worth enough to spend time playing this TT+, and something about BHB which I didn't pay attention.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not angry at all, only a little disappointed. While I appreciate the free merge of a good and useful unit, a new unit would have been better. Especially a free seasonal unit, since Corrin and Marth are pretty useful and have good art. 

Hm, considering my reactions to the Summer units,I'm kind of glad they don't have a free one. Who knows: maybe the devs are aware not everyone wants to be saddled with a bikini character, and left the matter there.

@Tybrosion Gift of Peace was full length.

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Most of the posts are about if the rewards are worth enough to spend time playing this TT+, and something about BHB which I didn't pay attention.

That much I saw... Considering that TT's give you the biggest chunk of orbs in one event, it's definitely worth it unless you're more willing to spend money on the game. I guess you could just buy 42 orbs, and you could probably grind up 42 orbs other ways...but that doesn't make up for the fact that you just chose to ignore 42 of them...so you're 42 short regardless. lol 

If you don't like the character rewards, send them home. If you think it's a waste of time, make a team and autobattle on a relatively easier mode to collect at least some of the rewards with minimum effort. ...or you could do the three matches a day and collect all the rewards that way with no extra effort required...... 

I do hope they reintroduce some of the other characters eventually even if they just do a special throwback event. People say Tobin is trash, but he's a great hardcounter in AA. And my Joshua is one of my favorite swordies to use. But that being said, orbs are still orbs. And at the end of the day, I'd rather have the ability to pull for new characters over everything else. 

I'm not gonna lie, I wish they're rerun non-Masked Marth reward units so I could get some of their skills. As of now, I've never pulled any unit who has close counter but I have a decent number of tank units who'd love that skill. Never pulled Shiro so don't have any other units who give steady stance. You know, things like that. Masked Marth is nice for merging, but for people like me who'd like rare hard-to-obtain skills who don't merge their 5-stars, she's kind of boring XD;

Like ... giving old tempest rewards at like 4-star rarity would be perfect for tap battle mode, I really wish they'd do that.

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm choosing to miss these 42 orbs though. I don't choose to miss those BHB orbs.

I'll never understand people who choose to miss out on Trials. It's...what it sounds like. A trial where you grind your ass off, but then you get massively rewarded for it. It's the single most rewarding event of the month. 42 orbs is massive, and especially for an F2Player. Not only that, but you can gather anywhere from 15 to 20k+ in feathers, as well as the reward characters, Seals and Coins.

It used to be a lot more satisfying when they didn't water it down to kindergarten mod. It actually felt like you earned it. And let alone with all these people half-assing the hardworkin' folk with their lame Auto-Battle.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Like ... giving old tempest rewards at like 4-star rarity would be perfect for tap battle mode, I really wish they'd do that.

I'm not sure if they'd ever give out real serious rewards like that for Theatrerhythm Fire Emblem, since you need reflexes for it, unlike every other mode. Then again, if the rewards were obtainable on the easiest settings, then maybe it'd be okay. But then it sort of defeats the point of attaching to the mode I guess. ...And I'm overthinking it now.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure if they'd ever give out real serious rewards like that for Theatrerhythm Fire Emblem, since you need reflexes for it, unlike every other mode. Then again, if the rewards were obtainable on the easiest settings, then maybe it'd be okay. But then it sort of defeats the point of attaching to the mode I guess. ...And I'm overthinking it now.

Well, it's just one suggestion. I'd also be happy if they just ran a tempest trial with ... like, the first five non-Masked Marth tempest trial reward units as 4-stars in place of some of the shards and crystals. ANYTHING to help out people who missed earlier units or people who want to merge their units.

29 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm guessing in future they'll either make them GC rewards or put most of them in the general summoning pool a la Kaze. I wish they'd do something, because I missed every TT unit before Joshua and I'd like a chance to get them that doesn't involve me shelling out cash for one.

My selfish perspective is that while I'd prefer a completely new unit as the TT reward, I'm happier with the Marthed Mask re-run than I'd be with a unit that hasn't been rerun yet, such as Clive or Tobin. I realise that sucks for people who missed out on their only appearances so far, but for those who got them, I feel the pragmatic option is to prefer one highly-merged reward unit over multiple lowly-merged ones. It'll be slighly annoying that on the 5th rerun we'll have 12 copies and thus one more than needed for the +10 merge though.

But yeah, attach the other former TT units to various monthly events like Tap Battle, GC, VG, whatever. Even if it's for the trivial quests like "clear a stage on Tap Battle 20 times" or whatever. Or make them into 1-2* Hero Battles even, as some of them would be disappointing to get even at 3*.