Garbage player attemps to complete FE6

Kubson

Lv2AT8j.jpg

So yes, as I'am garbage at Fire Emblem (I only ever completed FE7 at ENM...), I decided that it would be a good idea to torture myself and play the hardest Fire Emblem game available on GBA. As this is my first ever (full) playthrough of this game I hadn't unlocked Hard Mode, so I'll be playing on Normal Mode. To most people this mode is easy, not for me however. I have no idea hwo to tackle the chapters in this game, the only thing I know is how roughly each character good is. Let's get into this...

Spoiler

Chapter 1: Dawn of Destiny

2B7Tc3H.jpg

The first level of this game, compared to FE8's and FE7's first chapters, this looks much harder. At least it's a axe-heavy chapter so I should be able to win, thanks to WTA. Bors is gonna get wrecked though.

7RAxG71.png

So before we start let's take a look at the characters. First of all the lord of this game: Roy. Oh boy, I've heard a lot of bad things about this guy. Very late promotion and average growths, as well as being sword-locked makes him kinda bad. If he gets rng-screwed I could see this LP turning into an absolute nightmare.

uhIZNLd.png

One of two cavaliers I get: Alan. He's fairly strong, has ok speed and defence, on the other hand no res, bad luck and bad skill. But still from what I've heard he's a good unit, so hopefully he lives up to his reputation.

JiDjHVI.png

Yet another cavalier: Lance. Compared to Alan he's faster, more skillful, but has lower strength and luck. They both share the same defence. If his strength and speed develop well he could be very handy.

NaLfN2C.png

Here comes the jagen of this game! Marcus, what have they done to you! His base stats don't look impressive for a Paladin, however for the early stages of the game his stats will be really nice, while he will 100% save my incompetent ass during the beggining, I don't think he'll be useful long-term.

r5TadEf.png

Here's Bors, the first Knight we get and his stats look very knight-like, high defense, decent strength, high con and not much else. He won't get a lot of exp in this chapter as pretty much everyone is a axe user and his accuracy will be ass. Still he shouldn't take much damage in the first chapters (maybe), so that's something? I don't think I'll use, because from what I've read he's awful.

MVqm2xs.png

Holy fuck those stats are bad, damn Wil you are NOT a very good father. As much as I love archers, I won't use Wolt. Aside from chipping he looks useless and probably is.

Z9LVQwu.png

Bors has his uses.

qO5D88l.png

Awesome level-up from Alan, although more Strength would be nice.

jxLTuyi.png

Wolt heard me talking shit and decided to step it up! Keep it up and you may not (although there's a 99,999999999999% chance) be benched!

fYHcM2C.png

ROOOOOOOYYYYYY

LH6EqGk.png

More strength is always welcome.

pdjrUU5.png

Says the one who loses out to a army consisting of Wolt and Bors, when having a advantage in numbers.

MleWOYS.png

'Dastards', ah this reminds me of Sigurd so much.

GNk9UKW.png

Get rekt mate!

3hfPjms.png

And a good level-up from Roy to finish it off!

t99SAZa.png

Nothing better than conquering your own castle!

C07VKIh.png

And the great knight who can't fight against a imcompetent bunch of brigands is safe!

Anyway that's all for today, hope you'll enjoy! And for those of you who are wondering about my nuzlocke, I won't be doing it anymore as I have a new computer and my old has been taken away. See you later and have a great day/night/wahtever the **** your time is

Edited by Kubson

2 hours ago, Kubson said:

Bors is gonna get wrecked though.

.....That'll be for a lot more than this chapter. Knights do not do well here.

2 hours ago, Kubson said:

And for those of you who are wondering about my nuzlocke, I won't be doing it anymore

Not planning on starting a new one either?

Good luck! I played FE6 for the first time several months ago and I thought it was pretty tough in normal mode too. It felt great when I finally beat it though. Alan and Lance were both really good in my experience.

Also you'll probably want to get all the gaiden chapters (8x, 12x, 14x, 16x, 20x, and 21x) because you need them to unlock the last few chapters and true ending.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

.....That'll be for a lot more than this chapter. Knights do not do well here.

Not planning on starting a new one either?

I may do Pokemon Storm Silver nuzlocke as that game is a serious pain in the ass.  

3 hours ago, Zkitty8 said:

Good luck! I played FE6 for the first time several months ago and I thought it was pretty tough in normal mode too. It felt great when I finally beat it though. Alan and Lance were both really good in my experience.

Also you'll probably want to get all the gaiden chapters (8x, 12x, 14x, 16x, 20x, and 21x) because you need them to unlock the last few chapters and true ending.

Thanks! I'll need lots of it lol Yeah I'll be going for the gaiden chapters if I can 

Alright I'm back with chapter 2!

Spoiler

Chapter 2: The Princess of Bern

Y769v2p.png

iVYMLv2.png

Well the boss is imcopetent so that's a good sign!

HA1rm5Q.png

How did she even get captured by level 1 soldiers in the first place?

6cX7bGh.png

Ah, so that's how! Now that's just Rude! (sorry I had to)

Ha7E0T6.png

But she didn't escape very far and now we have to fight Bern's troops and start the war between Lycia and Bern. Now that's just what I wanted...

X3ntfzN.png

But we do get a new unit: Elen. She cannot fight but the staff she carries can heal wounded, take her with you and you'll be very glad you did. No but seriously, 1 magic on a level 2 magical unit? What the actual fuck? Although I do think her magic growth is decent so there's that and all of her other stats are decent enough (except defence). And this is also our first unit that actually has resistance!

TajbgXA.png

New weapon for Roy!

Rq7LaMG.png

Reinforcments!

1jjH1K7.png

And with that we get 4 new units, are they any decent though unlike some other certain units (I'm looking at you Bors)...

YjnMdrB.png

Holy fuck this guy looks amazing! 9 strength, 12 skill, 10 speed and 13 con, no one in our 'army' can match those numbers! Now sure, I don't think his growths are fantastic, but with those base, he'll certianly be a fantastic unit (unless he dies lol)

8RlZFmD.png

One of the two fighters we get here: Lot. His bases are alright, good speed for a fighter, alright strength, and decent skill, though the accuracy of axes is gonna fuck him over. I don't expect a lot of him long-term though.

kDo8aJn.png

This guy is the definition of a fighter. High strength and hp, but pretty much nothing else. Yeah, I don't think I'll use him either.

G958l4u.png

Wasn't your name Shanna though? Anyway she's the first pegasus knight we get. She's fast, like really, really fast, 12 speed at level 1 is absurd, though her 4 strength leaves a lot to be desired and that con is abysmal. Still, I think she'll be alright.

KisUkQ5.png

What the hell Wolt? You aren't supposed to be good! I may have to use you at this rate!!

Tv1MrQR.png

Alan gets a terrible level-up. I suppose skill isn't bad, but I would have prefered to see speed or strength grow.

LwT4Evr.png

Well he is a fighter after all...

gk8Hg5E.png

Just because you have good bases doesn't mean you only have to level up only 2 stats, you know Dieck...

CI9hjwi.png

So does fighting against someone with armorslayer...

yT1DiSk.png

And a good level-up from Roy to finish it off!

vsaiLr6.png

And the princess of Bern is safe!

iinPpxu.png

And we save Guinevere who got captured despite being a level 20 sage...

yaahO70.png

I mean look at those stats...

And that's all for today, hope you're enjoying the run so far! See you later and have a great day!

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

That low base magic on Elen seems to be a trend by starting cleric standards.

Yeah, the most annoying trend lol The only cleric with half-decent magic for his join time I can recall is Moulder with 4 and that's not even good lol

Alright, here's chapter 3. There isn't going to be talk before the chapter, I forgot to take screenshots, sorry about that lol

Spoiler

Chapter 3: Late Arrival

GOslPC6.png

Since I forgot to take screenshots about plot in this chapter, I'll try to explain what happens. Hector fights against two wyvern generals (Brunnya and Narcian) but is defeated due to their use of war dragons (!) and is confronted by Zephiel, who expresses his desire of the liberation of this world. Later Hector, greavely wounded is thrown into a dungeon to bleed out to death. This is where Roy's army steps in to try and save him. At the start of the chapter Narcian, Idoun and Zephiel are present, Idoun even suggests using dragons in this fight, but Zephiel insists it is not required and they leave Narcian alone with Slater. Narcian however doesn't want to play around with Roy's army and leaves the protection of the castle in Slater's hands and threateans to kill him if he fails. So that's pretty much the story of the chapter, with that out of the way let's get into the chapter itself...

EoNSY4U.png

To begin the chapter we get our first Thief: Chad and his stats look very theif-like. High speed and not much else, he kinda reminds of Matthew from FE7, altough he had slightly better bases than Chad

KJLIAqP.png

Have my babies Wolt! This is his third god-like level up in a row, I don't think I ever had a 'bad' unit as rng-blessed as this!

TEFiU1j.png

Lance also gets himself a good level-up, sadly this is the only one he'll get this chapter (he narrowly misses out...), but still he looks great.

26Fb73k.png

He even gets res (i took the screenshot too quickly lol)! He looks great, I'm very impressed by him. @Zkitty8 you were right about the cavalier pair being good!

ySUHx0M.png

Lol. Ironic how she gets luck when it's a unlucky level-up. Did Wolt steal her level-ups?

iW9htqS.png

Elen will find that useful for sure.

MxKK2qL.png

Bors you're a knight, not a myrmidon!

RELyBb0.png

That's good, more magic for a healer! Magic is everything!

CNMxOqE.png

Is that a new unit?!

MCFeGOy.png

Sure is. We get our first mage: Lugh, his stats are well-balanced, with speed being the highest stat. I'd like his magic to be a bit higher to begin with, but I'm sure it will grow. While he won't get a level in this chapter, I'll try to feed him a lot in the next chapter, to see how he develops.

4tSdp4T.png

Roy gets a shit level-up. Great, just what I needed.

cUjz7LK.png

I mean, I'll take strength, but speed and skill would also be nice.

F3YnEWF.png

I'm at a loss for words.

F7FZHht.png

Uh, I don't think it's Narshen who beat you though Slater...

Q2zd2p7.png

And a good level-up from Roy to finish off this chapter. Roy gained res 2 times in 2 level-ups, Roy the mage killer confirmed lol

UmluQDq.png

And the castle is conquered!

Q2XE8kz.png

RIP Hector :(:

And that's all for this chapter. Next time we'll tackle chapter 3. As always, thanks for reading and see you next time!