Jump to content

Who are you using Flashing Blade on?


Jotari
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I've just drew two Mias, one is a +atk and the other is -spd. I'm debating between merging the -spd one (who is also +res) or using her for Flashing Blade fodder. It seems like a really, really good skill, but I'm not really sure who to pair it with. Most of my army actually seems pretty slow on retrospect, I mainly use Darting Blow on my dedicated doublers. Though I suppose if Flashing Blade also works with Phantom Speed, it would be effective on basically any unit, if you're willing to give up the seal slot. Siegbart and Love Abounds Eliwood are the main units I'm considering for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time, I read that neither Flashing nor Heavy Blade are worth all that much as A-skills, and you're better off using the seal versions. It's probably not all that likely you'd need more than one of each in a given team anyway.

It also is restricted to armour and infantry only, so no go on Siegbert. Heavy Blade can be used by cavalry though, so the Heavy Blade seal plus his native Death Blow works well I imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought you were asking on the Seal, not the lame A-slot. I had two Mias two, but just foddered off one of them to try it out on Marisa...not gonna lie, it worked for me, but then she was S-supported with a Spd refine. And 695-700 isn't a super high score range, either.

Long story short, it's only really good in paper. The catch is taking up an A-slot when only a few characters are all that fast to live with it, and when they are, they end up Spd-dumping and sacrificing other stats (think Leif, who also really likes Def).

Just wait for the Seal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Most of the time, I read that neither Flashing nor Heavy Blade are worth all that much as A-skills, and you're better off using the seal versions. It's probably not all that likely you'd need more than one of each in a given team anyway.

It also is restricted to armour and infantry only, so no go on Siegbert. Heavy Blade can be used by cavalry though, so the Heavy Blade seal plus his native Death Blow works well I imagine.

There is no Flashing Blade Seal, though. Or, at least, I don't seem to have one. Using it as an A skill would also let you combine it with Phantom Speed to have it essentially proc against any unit as Phantom Speed gives a massive +10 boost for such a skill (wow, I didn't know it was that high when I made the OP, thought it was only 6). That's so high I could probably get away with using it on any unit. Which just comes down to who benefits the most from charging their special all the time that isn't running a really good A skill already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

There is no Flashing Blade Seal, though. Or, at least, I don't seem to have one. Using it as an A skill would also let you combine it with Phantom Speed to have it essentially proc against any unit as Phantom Speed gives a massive +10 boost for such a skill (wow, I didn't know it was that high when I made the OP, thought it was only 6). That's so high I could probably get away with using it on any unit. Which just comes down to who benefits the most from charging their special all the time that isn't running a really good A skill already.

There will be ...on Sunday. ;) It's a TT reward seal.

Edited by Humanoid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

There is no Flashing Blade Seal, though. Or, at least, I don't seem to have one. Using it as an A skill would also let you combine it with Phantom Speed to have it essentially proc against any unit as Phantom Speed gives a massive +10 boost for such a skill (wow, I didn't know it was that high when I made the OP, thought it was only 6). That's so high I could probably get away with using it on any unit. Which just comes down to who benefits the most from charging their special all the time that isn't running a really good A skill already.

The next tempest trials will have a Flashing Blade seal as a reward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

The next tempest trials will have a Flashing Blade seal as a reward.

 

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

There will be ...on Sunday. ;) It's a TT reward seal.

Oh. Well in that case, feel free to suggest who you think it'd be good on as a seal either. Though the Phantom Speed combo still seems like it could be pretty good, especially if you don't have any dedicated Windsweepers. I'm thinking now Julius could be a good pick. Being able to proc Bonfire on that massive Res stat more often could be useful, though it would mean sacrificing Fury.

Edited by Jotari
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh. Well in that case, feel free to suggest who you think it'd be good on as a seal either. Though the Phantom Speed combo still seems like it could be pretty good, especially if you don't have any dedicated Windsweepers.

Running the A-skill alongside Phantom Speed has the problem that you're not using those slots for anything that increases damage, and while Phantom Speed helps you get that +1 special charge, it doesn't help you actually double. Compare to even simply running Darting Blow in the A slot, and the Flashing Blade seal. Sure, it's +6 vs +10 for the Flashing Blade check, but you actually get to double with it.

As for who to use the seal on, essentially any fast melee infantry or armour is fine really. Ironically Mia herself would make good use of it, if you equip something else in her A-slot. Mia's weapon is essentially a souped-up Wo Dao, so any other Wo Dao user would similarly benefit, as would Fir and Karel. Same deal with Wrath users, like Karla or Nephenee.

EDIT: I forget if there are any ranged Wo Daos other than Lethal Carrot.

Edited by Humanoid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jotari said:

There is no Flashing Blade Seal, though. Or, at least, I don't seem to have one. Using it as an A skill would also let you combine it with Phantom Speed to have it essentially proc against any unit as Phantom Speed gives a massive +10 boost for such a skill (wow, I didn't know it was that high when I made the OP, thought it was only 6). That's so high I could probably get away with using it on any unit. Which just comes down to who benefits the most from charging their special all the time that isn't running a really good A skill already.

Hence why I said "wait".

Seriously, they really dropped the ball with Flashing Blade. Didn't this thing come out right before a Heavy Blade seal became a thing? It's almost like they knew it was bad and nobody was using it. I kept advocating Fury Ike, even back then.

Edited by Junkhead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Running the A-skill alongside Phantom Speed has the problem that you're not using those slots for anything that increases damage, and while Phantom Speed helps you get that +1 special charge, it doesn't help you actually double. Compare to even simply running Darting Blow in the A slot, and the Flashing Blade seal. Sure, it's +6 vs +10 for the Flashing Blade check, but you actually get to double with it.

As for who to use the seal on, essentially any fast melee infantry or armour is fine really. Ironically Mia herself would make good use of it, if you equip something else in her A-slot. Mia's weapon is essentially a souped-up Wo Dao, so any other Wo Dao user would similarly benefit, as would Fir and Karel. Same deal with Wrath users, like Karla or Nephenee.

EDIT: I forget if there are any ranged Wo Daos other than Lethal Carrot.

Oh, that does sound good. Give Mia Death Blow and watch her go to down with guaranteed glimmer doubles. Or maybe I'd be better off investing in something to make her a bit more defensive, as my +atk Mia is -HP and 34 sounds scary low. She probably won't even live long enough to get the second attack off in most cases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh, that does sound good. Give Mia Death Blow and watch her go to down with guaranteed glimmer doubles. Or maybe I'd be better off investing in something to make her a bit more defensive, as my +atk Mia is -HP and 34 sounds scary low. She probably won't even live long enough to get the second attack off in most cases.

Again with that Glimmer thing...just go Moonbow. It's literally better in every way.

And no, you won't a realistic scenario where the scaled off Def is so low that you can't kill with Moonbow and you somehow can with Glimmer. At least not in Arena.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Again with that Glimmer thing...just go Moonbow. It's literally better in every way.

And no, you won't a realistic scenario where the scaled off Def is so low that you can't kill with Moonbow and you somehow can with Glimmer. At least not in Arena.

I don't actually use Glimmer on anyone. It's just the first thing I think of when I think low charge skill (side note, does the double damage apply before or after the +10 damage from Mia's weapon or wrath? Because that might actually make a difference). I'm more concerned with non arena challenges really, as I win in the Arena pretty much whenever I play it (which has resulted in my rank going down rather considerably recently as it's just not all that fun. My rank has also gone down considerably since they changed it to an immediate reward system I've basically stopped playing it after the seven rewards per season unless there's quests going).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't actually use Glimmer on anyone. It's just the first thing I think of when I think low charge skill (side note, does the double damage apply before or after the +10 damage from Mia's weapon or wrath? Because that might actually make a difference). I'm more concerned with non arena challenges really, as I win in the Arena pretty much whenever I play it (which has resulted in my rank going down rather considerably recently as it's just not all that fun. My rank has also gone down considerably since they changed it to an immediate reward system I've basically stopped playing it after the seven rewards per season unless there's quests going).

Alright, I understand your context better. And in that case...Glimmer might actually be better. Enemies just tend to have strange durability (as in, really HP and middling defenses at times)...so yeah, in that case, it's probably better. Probably the only time I ran it was in the Chain Challenges, and was considerable.

Anyway, it does count the +10 Dmg. It goes for all specials.

 

Apart from that, I wouldn't suggest anyone to quit Arena. There are two ways to see it. One is probably a more in a more competitive kind of way; which is not really my thing, but apparently a lot people do. In my case, I enjoy it because of the rewards (namely, extra feathers) and because staying decently high up allows you to fight competent teams and sometimes a variety of builds- which is the fun part, if you ask me. Never stray from feather and orb income.

Edited by Junkhead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Alright, I understand your context better. And in that case...Glimmer might actually be better. Enemies just tend to have strange durability (as in, really HP and middling defenses at times)...so yeah, in that case, it's probably better. Probably the only time I ran it was in the Chain Challenges, and was considerable.

Anyway, it does count the +10 Dmg. It goes for all specials.

No, I mean, say you were attacking an enemy with 4 defense uing 10 attack. Normally you'd deal 6 damage, with Glimmer, you'd deal 9. With a Wao Dao, do you deal 19 damage (adding the 10 after the multiplication), or 24 damage (adding the 10 before multipling the damage, 6+10*0.5).

Edited by Jotari
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The extra damage from skills like Wrath and the Wo Dao are added after calculation, so you would deal 19 damage.

I'm probably going to give my Nino the Flashing Blade seal, so I can pass on Heavy Blade back to Raven indefinitely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Mia is -spd. I gave her darting blow, so she could double permanently. (LaD might be better for having a decent enemy phase as well)

Might try to pull a better version from the current luna banner.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

My Mia is -spd. I gave her darting blow, so she could double permanently. (LaD might be better)

Might try to pull a better version from the current luna banner.

L&D is better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know because of having better enemy phase (-> vantage), but LaD is a skill I don't pull all that often. Tbh I can't pull often because it's stuck on the colour I favor the least. And there's only one other unit with a different colour who has this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably one of my speedy infantry units will use the seal well. Nino and Soleil are good options. Once I put Galeforce on my Soleil, she'll be golden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Hence why I said "wait".

Seriously, they really dropped the ball with Flashing Blade. Didn't this thing come out right before a Heavy Blade seal became a thing? It's almost like they knew it was bad and nobody was using it. I kept advocating Fury Ike, even back then.

Flashing Blade was released long after Heavy Blade did; Heavy Blade was first released in Spring of 2017, Flashing Blade was released in Fall of 2017. Heavy Blade didn’t have any class limitations besides the standard not being a staff user. Some players found it a little too good at the time as it led into some crazy 1-turn clear setups, especially on fliers and cavalry. Flashing Blade addressed this by being only usable by infantry and armored units (and Caeda and Clair).

 

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I don't actually use Glimmer on anyone. It's just the first thing I think of when I think low charge skill (side note, does the double damage apply before or after the +10 damage from Mia's weapon or wrath? Because that might actually make a difference). I'm more concerned with non arena challenges really, as I win in the Arena pretty much whenever I play it (which has resulted in my rank going down rather considerably recently as it's just not all that fun. My rank has also gone down considerably since they changed it to an immediate reward system I've basically stopped playing it after the seven rewards per season unless there's quests going).

Generally speaking, Moonbow is more generalist though it’s more useful if the unit has low to mediocre Atk and is facing off against units with decent to high Def/Res. Glimmer is more useful on units that can score high damage numbers (Blade tomes, effective weapon users), especially against opponents with high HP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I pulled Karla on the newest summer banner, so she's getting it. I'll also have Kaze use it sometimes. Referring to the seal we're getting soon, of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Some players found it a little too good at the time as it led into some crazy 1-turn clear setups, especially on fliers and cavalry. Flashing Blade addressed this by being only usable by infantry and armored units (and Caeda and Clair).

It's all your fault @mampfoid!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...