Who are you using Flashing Blade on?

Jotari

8 hours ago, Korath88 said:

I'm giving it to my +Spd Raven. Maybe I'll throw in galeforce as well.

Galeforce-Desperation-Heavy Blade is probably the go-to build on him. The closest thing we'll ever get to a Firesweep axe. And even then, Basilikos with the LAD refine will outshine a Firesweep axe.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see how Aether Celica uses it (the seal version, that is). I'm finding that she has difficulties OHKOing foes I have her go up against in the Arena, so a 1-round charge on Aether might be handy.

Besides that, I'll probably just use it for Galeforce clears, if necessary. I already know I'll need it for Takumi's rerun.

Edited by LordFrigid

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I'm interested to see how Aether Celica uses it (the seal version, that is). I'm finding that she has difficulties OHKOing foes I have her go up against in the Arena, so a 1-round charge on Aether might be handy.

Besides that, I'll probably just use it for Galeforce clears, if necessary. I already know I'll need it for Takumi's rerun.

I wonder how olde Lyn would fair with the Flashing Blade seal and Luna + Brazen Atk/Spd and Wrath + her weapon special refine hmmm

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I wonder how olde Lyn would fair with the Flashing Blade seal and Luna + Brazen Atk/Spd and Wrath + her weapon special refine hmmm

She seems to do well enough, though I would prefer regular old Moonbow/Attack +3. Luna/Flashing Blade does have slightly higher damage output starting at 32 enemy Def, but also has the Spd check, which actually matters in some situations (Lyn's fast, but there are faster). Realistically speaking, I wouldn't expect the Spd check to be much of an issue in the upper score ranges, since most of the units there run DC or a Breath A passive. However, I also don't think Luna's slightly higher damage matters in enough cases (for reference, it deals 1 more damage at 32 enemy Def, and 4 more damage at 50 enemy Def).

I might check it out later,  since I finally decided to finish grinding out the 20k points, and already have a Lyn ready to roll.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

I can imagine she'd possibly do more damage with it though she may shift from Def Ploy/Odd Atk Wave to Spd Ploy/Even Spd Wave if she has create the Spd difference herself (as in not having teammates carrying Chill Spd or Spd Tactic or even more basic stuff like Hone Spd or Drive Spd). And, if possible, she may go +Spd/-HP instead of +Atk/-HP for IVs. Iceberg is another special that she can use with Flashing Blade for consistent damage provided that she's not -Res.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I can imagine she'd possibly do more damage with it though she may shift from Def Ploy/Odd Atk Wave to Spd Ploy/Even Spd Wave if she has create the Spd difference herself (as in not having teammates carrying Chill Spd or Spd Tactic or even more basic stuff like Hone Spd or Drive Spd). And, if possible, she may go +Spd/-HP instead of +Atk/-HP for IVs. Iceberg is another special that she can use with Flashing Blade for consistent damage provided that she's not -Res.

Luna only ignores 20% more Def than Moonbow, so if you sacrifice too much on the Atk/damage boosting front, you're actually making her worse.

Compared to +Atk/Moonbow/Attack +3, +Spd/Luna/Flashing Blade loses out on the ~6 damage per hit (12 total dmg, assuming she gets the double) provided by the former set's nature and seal; that 12 total damage would need to be made up by Luna just to break even, which would require enemies to have 60 Def (I doubt she's actually KOing anything with that much Def regardless of her special...if she even manages to find such a foe).

The Spd Ploy vs Def Ploy comparison has some more moving parts to it, since 1) Def Ploy cuts the stat Moonbow/Luna scales off of and 2) either Ploy can be outsourced to a teammate. In a vacuum though, switching to Spd Ploy from Def Ploy would also bump up the enemy Def requirement for Luna to break even.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:49 AM, Jotari said:

So I've just drew two Mias, one is a +atk and the other is -spd. I'm debating between merging the -spd one (who is also +res) or using her for Flashing Blade fodder. It seems like a really, really good skill, but I'm not really sure who to pair it with. Most of my army actually seems pretty slow on retrospect, I mainly use Darting Blow on my dedicated doublers. Though I suppose if Flashing Blade also works with Phantom Speed, it would be effective on basically any unit, if you're willing to give up the seal slot. Siegbart and Love Abounds Eliwood are the main units I'm considering for it.

I think linde. I just need to g8ve her a special 

33 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

flashing blade seal claire.

fite me

I do not have to since you already lost.

Clair cannot equip Flashing Blade on her Sacred Seal slot. She also cannot equip it on her A slot. Flashing Blade cannot be equipped by fliers or ponies if you read its skill description.

However, Clair can get Flashing Blade on her Weapon by Refining Rhomphaia.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

She seems to do well enough, though I would prefer regular old Moonbow/Attack +3. Luna/Flashing Blade does have slightly higher damage output starting at 32 enemy Def, but also has the Spd check, which actually matters in some situations (Lyn's fast, but there are faster). Realistically speaking, I wouldn't expect the Spd check to be much of an issue in the upper score ranges, since most of the units there run DC or a Breath A passive. However, I also don't think Luna's slightly higher damage matters in enough cases (for reference, it deals 1 more damage at 32 enemy Def, and 4 more damage at 50 enemy Def).

I might check it out later,  since I finally decided to finish grinding out the 20k points, and already have a Lyn ready to roll.

Well one could also do some fancy builds like galeforce brazen wrath & flashing blade seal. although her attack stat is crap. or run a Pavise shield pulse brazen flashing blade

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I do not have to since you already lost.

Clair cannot equip Flashing Blade on her Sacred Seal slot. She also cannot equip it on her A slot. Flashing Blade cannot be equipped by fliers or ponies if you read its skill description.

However, Clair can get Flashing Blade on her Weapon by Refining Rhomphaia.

oh yeah

fuck i wasn't thinking lol.

Flashing Blade on someone like Karla should be fun then. I don't recall if it stacks with wrath though.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Well one could also do some fancy builds like galeforce brazen wrath & flashing blade seal. although her attack stat is crap. or run a Pavise shield pulse brazen flashing blade

Pavise is for units whose Atk stats aren't crap.

30 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

I don't recall if it stacks with wrath though.

Wrath and Flashing Blade do two entirely different things.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:51 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Wrath and Flashing Blade do two entirely different things.

False. They're somewhat different, but still have the same end effect of speeding up special cooldowns.

I actually put the Flashing Blade seal on Karla myself!

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

False. They're somewhat different, but still have the same end effect of speeding up special cooldowns.

From a technical standpoint, they are very, very different.

While reducing the maximum Special cooldown, reducing the cooldown at the beginning of the turn, increasing the rate at which Special cooldown decreases, and reducing the cooldown at the end of a round of combat all have a similar end effect, they behave radically differently from each other and are generally not interchangeable, and none of these effects somehow prevent a completely different effect from activating.

Wrath and Flashing Blade are about as similar to each other (make your Special charge faster) as Death Blow and Ignis are (make you do more damage).

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

From a technical standpoint, they are very, very different.

While reducing the maximum Special cooldown, reducing the cooldown at the beginning of the turn, increasing the rate at which Special cooldown decreases, and reducing the cooldown at the end of a round of combat all have a similar end effect, they behave radically differently from each other and are generally not interchangeable, and none of these effects somehow prevent a completely different effect from activating.

Wrath and Flashing Blade are about as similar to each other (make your Special charge faster) as Death Blow and Ignis are (make you do more damage).

Well yeah, I didn't mean they weren't different, they certainly are. I just don't agree that they're QUITE as different as you say. And I don't think that's really a fair comparison there, as a LOT of skills make you do more damage. That doesn't mean that many are similar in any way. Only a few skills speed up cooldown charge.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I don't think that's really a fair comparison there, as a LOT of skills make you do more damage.

The number of things that are similar to each other don't make them any more or less similar to each other. Five hundred identical butterflies are not more different from each other than two slightly different butterflies.

The Special charging half of Wrath and Flashing Blade both have fall under the umbrella of "makes your Special skill activate faster and more often". Death Blow and Ignis both fall under the umbrella of "allows you to directly deal more damage".

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'll probably put it on Ayra or Mia. If/when I summon Karla, maybe her.

Ayra already has Flashing Blade on her weapon, and it doesn't stack with itself. If you're not running Ayra's Blade, then you're probably using Slaying Edge for a 1-cooldown Regnal Astra, and Flashing Blade is useless in that case.

Mia would be a better option.

Leaving it on my +Spd Lancina, so far so good.

I had already given the A skill to Kaze and it's working well, but more and more do I wish Windsweep had better availability.

31 minutes ago, Johann said:

Leaving it on my +Spd Lancina, so far so good.

I had already given the A skill to Kaze and it's working well, but more and more do I wish Windsweep had better availability.

I am using my Flashing Blade seal on... Felicia... yeah. Altough there are better suited units in my barracks its a bomb on Felicia with her refined weapon in a tactics team. Throwing out Specials every battle round against mages or melees is nice!