The way people use the little swiggle swaggle online is kinda cringe

Junkhead

Fortunately I have rarely seen it used in such a capacity. But I could see it coming off as being kinda psychopathic.

The one use for it I see is as a stand in for the word "roughly", or some other kind of estimate. So like "~10 posts a day I make here".

How would one exactly express a ~ IRL whilst talking too? 

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

Exactly.

Except you're a little shit and actually adorable.

dafuk where you.

WAIT

SOUL

THAT'S YOU

LOL IM DED

I thought you were just some random new person XD

I was busy with life I guess :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

Honestly, to me, it does look a little weird and suggestive at times...

Not all the time at least though.

I remember you mentioned this, Sexie Rexie Wexie ~

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The doof is whoever named it that, it's weak and pathetic. Which rather suitable for as wobbly and hesitant a form of punctuation it is. It needs to straighten up and be strong!

I mean it's not even used on our language, it's Spanish o.o

We have no right to criticize it as long as we're speaking in english LEL

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

We have no right to criticize it as long as we're speaking in english LEL

Fair enough, I'll be kind to the foreigner and accept them, tolerance is a wonderful thing and all. :wub:

And who thought it was a good idea many kalpas past to give SF its own emoticons?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fair enough, I'll be kind to the foreigner and accept them, tolerance is a wonderful thing and all. :wub:

And who thought it was a good idea many kalpas past to give SF its own emoticons?

No idea tbh

I keep wanting to post eye-emotes and thinking emotes and stuff

but I cant

Also @Junkhead

Looking at your name history

image.png.f382aa251f3e173d5ec49a6714f0cbb5.png

Soul is a pedophile confirmed

I just wanna express singing and teasing~

Also the majority of users here aren't children, mostly late teens and adults (and if they are children, they better have their parents permission).   Talking to members here with tildes isn't really pedophilia in any sense of the word.../serious reply to likely non-serious claim

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

/serious reply to likely non-serious claim

It's soul, all he does is post crap

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

You actually stole the thing I wanted to say.

You are now on my hitlist.

Alright pichu better hope you kill me before you kill yourself ;):

39 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

man, you retconned the portuguese language so hard, I can't help but approve.

1 minute ago, Rapier said:

I'd probably agree, if I knew what retcon meant

5 minutes ago, Rapier said:

Isn't Portuguese just a Spanish spinoff that happened to form into its own language and not just a dialect because for some odd reason the monarchal effort to unify the Iberian Peninsula never brought Portugal under permanent Castilian/Aragonese control though the Dark, Middle and Early Modern Ages? There was a period of personal monarchal union I know, but never was more an effort made to unify the administrations and elite societies into one polity.

No offense to Portuguese or Portugal, it's existence just seems less owed to "natural" boundaries or "ethnicities", and more the pure happenstance of centuries of politics, from little I know that is. Still is less of an oddity than say Luxembourg or Monaco- why did big powerful nation-states and empires allow these itty-bitty dots to live?

Portuguese is perhaps a case of defining a language as having "borders and an army", while a dialect does not. Of course, by this simple definition, American should be its own language apart from English, and that I refuse to accept!

was wong wit wanting to be cute~~~~

uwu~~~

In all seriousness, I use it for punctuation sometimes since that's how it's supposed to be uses (Or as accent in some languages) but I agree when people use it to look cute, it's cringy as fuck.

5 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

was wong wit wanting to be cute~~~~

uwu~~~

In all seriousness, I use it for punctuation sometimes since that's how it's supposed to be uses (Or as accent in some languages) but I agree when people use it to look cute, it's cringy as fuck.

I mean, sometimes it's possible, but it doesn't always play out.

Oh~? Do you not like my little friendly tones~?

... I personally just use it in that context for like, a playful type tone since otherwise that's hard to communicate through text. Not often or anything just... occasionally.
Some people online definitely use it in, um...
Certain ways.

Spoiler

HEWWO~!!!!! UWU
DO U LIK ME??~~~~~ PLS LIKE ME BAC SENPI!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(∩♥ ³♥)⊃━☆゚.*

Otherwise I just use it like you would in mathematics, as a way of saying "about" something.

1 minute ago, Emerson said:

Otherwise I just use it like you would in mathematics, as a way of saying "about" something.

Besides this and its glorious purpose in diversifying the titles of pieces of music, I adamantly believe (and will continue to tilde end of time) the only acceptable use of the that symbol is to say "You'll never see it coming~".

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Isn't Portuguese just a Spanish spinoff that happened to form into its own language and not just a dialect because for some odd reason the monarchal effort to unify the Iberian Peninsula never brought Portugal under permanent Castilian/Aragonese control though the Dark, Middle and Early Modern Ages? There was a period of personal monarchal union I know, but never was more an effort made to unify the administrations and elite societies into one polity.

No offense to Portuguese or Portugal, it's existence just seems less owed to "natural" boundaries or "ethnicities", and more the pure happenstance of centuries of politics, from little I know that is. Still is less of an oddity than say Luxembourg or Monaco- why did big powerful nation-states and empires allow these itty-bitty dots to live?

Portuguese is perhaps a case of defining a language as having "borders and an army", while a dialect does not. Of course, by this simple definition, American should be its own language apart from English, and that I refuse to accept!

yes, Spain is like Shin Megami Tensei and Portugal is Persona, but don't tell the fans the latter is a mere spinoff of the former.