Most unintentionally funny moment in Fire Emblem (spoiler warning)

The entire Renvall part in Sacred Stones was pretty damn hilarious. The place is made out to be this near impenetrable fortress but in just a few chapters it's taken over twice. The worst part is Ephraim breaking back into the place after previously escaping from it. It's basically like the scene from "Asterix in Britain" with the Tower of Londinium.

Didn't find the clip uploaded in English unfortunately. But hey, physical comedy needs no words.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a while since I played Awakening but I'm pretty sure some dialogue doesn't change depending on who is married and what not.

Chrom when paired up with his wife, fem Robin: Thanks, friend.

I support that Conquest is funny for how bad the plot was made... But yeah,  Fates in general can be... funny in a lot of parts or ways and honestly, I can't remember laughing at the others games, in no funny parts,  like I did in Fates lol

So, talking about Fates, literally any time Corrin cries in Fates... At least with the voice I choose for her! Is just... So bad... That I always laught when she start to cry, it was supposed to be sad, but welp, bad voice while crying happened! Actually, every time a character cry, since it happened the same with Percy.

One for Revelation, the classic: Reclass Takumi into Ballistician, before he fall from the bridge, so we can have Leo saving a whole freacking metallic tank! And the other classic, reclass Takumi to Pegasus/Kinshi for Leo actually doing nothing since Takumi can fly.

Btw, replaying levels in Warriors can make some funny momments too, since you can choose to play with the same character you need to defeat

Edited by SniperGYS

FE4 Chapter 6- could be an error in translation, but "It's ONLY the Rebel Army!" cracks me up. For some darker humor, the same chapter, Iuchar and Iucharba fighting to the death over a girl they barely know. And then surviving brother never mentions or laments over the family member he killed/had a hand in killing. I get it's war, but lol.

For something more modern, "NOHRIAN SCUM" cracks me up, despite it supposed to be a racial slur of sorts.

After starting PoR and learning about some of its significant differences in its gameplay mechanics, I looked back at the other Fire Emblem games I played - more recent and older than PoR - and wondered to myself "How have my units been throwing axes and javelins and shooting arrows through walls this whole time? And why haven't I questioned it until now?"

Edited by Arcphoenix

1 hour ago, Arcphoenix said:

After starting PoR and learning about some of its significant differences in its gameplay mechanics, I looked back at the other Fire Emblem games I played - more recent and older than PoR - and wondered to myself "How have my units been throwing axes and javelins and shooting arrows through walls this whole time? And why haven't I questioned it until now?"

Uhhh, they shoot over the walls? (though that only works if they’re outside)

[Path of Radiance spoilers]

Spoiler

Seeing the fight between Greil and Black Knight a second time (I'm on my first playthrough though), the fact that Greil used an Axe in a swordfight, even when given the option to use a sword.

It hurt me physically given the weapon triangle.

Edited by Arcphoenix

37 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

[Path of Radiance spoilers]

Hide contents

Seeing the fight between Greil and Black Knight a second time (I'm on my first playthrough though), the fact that Greil used an Axe in a swordfight, even when given the option to use a sword.

It hurt me physically given the weapon triangle.

Spoiler

Dude I got the exact same feeling seeing that fight 

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2018 at 11:22 AM, CyberController said:

When Ryoma stabs himself in Conquest, it looks like he's stabbing his nuts.

And Shiro poofs out of existence.

Seriously though is there a gif of this anywhere?

34 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I google image searched "Ryoma stabbing his nuts" and got nothing :(

Best I could find was this:

Spoiler

Related image

Spoiler

Ya know, it really does look like he's trying not to scream his head off after getting stabbed in the groin.

Spoiler

Fun, Random, and a little disgusting Fun Fact: There's little to no recovery time for medical castrations. Yeah, it's painful, and your head will be swirling for 30 minutes due to the amount of pain medication they give you during the operation, but you can legitimately walk out the same day you walk in for the procedure. If my teacher was correct, then the whole process barely even takes an hour to complete.

...I remember the strangest things from health class.

Spoiler

Other Random Fun Fact: The wives of samurai were taught a variation of seppuku were instead of cutting their stomach open, they slit their throats with a knife. They did this either to avoid capture or because their husband had just committed seppuku or had otherwise been dishonored. Before committing suicide, they tied their knees together so that their body would be found in a dignified pose even after death convolutions.

When searching for that, I also found this:

Related image

Spoiler

Lilith's death. Not only did it not make sense to me that a completely maxed half-dragon would be insta-killed by one blow from an ordinary axe, the fact that the game seemed to expect me to feel sad about her death was just laughable. My Corrin getting a handful of lines of dialogue with her twenty chapters ago was supposed to make me feel sad when Lilith jumped out of nowhere and shielded them from a blow that probably wouldn't even do half their max HP at that point in the game? Yeah, not happening. 

Spoiler

Also, the fact that I can literally pair my male Corrin with his cousin, Azura, and have two children with her, but I can't marry my female Corrin to Soleil even though she pretty much wants to lay anything that looks vaguely female. If the game really had to pick just one option for same sex marriage, why couldn't it be her? 

Edited by Farina's Pegasus
added proper spoiler warnings.

3 minutes ago, Farina's Pegasus said:

Birthright / Conquest Spoiler Warning -

Fates General Spoiler Warning -

Just so you know, you can hide spoilers using the eye button in the button row of the text editor

On 7/14/2018 at 12:21 AM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Chapter Name: Living Legend

Units Allowed: 11

Objectives: Secure the enemy before Pent soloed them

I remember when I started that chapter for the first time. I was like: "Oh no! Pent is surrounded by bandits, we've got to save--oh wait, never mind."

Flora's death in birthright. Um, Felicia... You have ice powers. Try using them you dunce.

FE7: The chapter where Pent joins. The gaiden chapter requirement is to simply get a ton of exp. Problem is Pent is soloing the entire map and stealing it all from you. For once its your own allies screwing you over!

9 hours ago, Faellin said:

Flora's death in birthright. Um, Felicia... You have ice powers. Try using them you dunce.

FE7: The chapter where Pent joins. The gaiden chapter requirement is to simply get a ton of exp. Problem is Pent is soloing the entire map and stealing it all from you. For once its your own allies screwing you over!

Does she? I only ever remember Flora using ice powers.

23 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Does she? I only ever remember Flora using ice powers.

Felicia does have ice powers but not to the same extent flora does:

“Naturally, Felicia has some control over ice, but is not quite as proficient as Flora.”