Most unintentionally funny moment in Fire Emblem (spoiler warning)

7 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Felicia does have ice powers but not to the same extent flora does:

“Naturally, Felicia has some control over ice, but is not quite as proficient as Flora.”

Yeah, so like not really enough to help someone who's just committed suicide by immolation.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

She still has some control over ice no matter what her class is so she still could have very well at least tried 

Pushing Flora over and stamping on her with a cloak probably would have been more effective.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:52 PM, Farina's Pegasus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lilith's death. Not only did it not make sense to me that a completely maxed half-dragon would be insta-killed by one blow from an ordinary axe, the fact that the game seemed to expect me to feel sad about her death was just laughable. My Corrin getting a handful of lines of dialogue with her twenty chapters ago was supposed to make me feel sad when Lilith jumped out of nowhere and shielded them from a blow that probably wouldn't even do half their max HP at that point in the game? Yeah, not happening. 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, the fact that I can literally pair my male Corrin with his cousin, Azura, and have two children with her, but I can't marry my female Corrin to Soleil even though she pretty much wants to lay anything that looks vaguely female. If the game really had to pick just one option for same sex marriage, why couldn't it be her? 

It always bugged me that Treehouse censored the swimsuits, but not the ability to marry your siblings.

40 minutes ago, CyberController said:

It always bugged me that Treehouse censored the swimsuits, but not the ability to marry your siblings.

Well think of it in practical terms. One if a visual edit of little consequence to the game as a whole, while the other is a major gameplay feature that would actively nerf the depth of gameplay international players could experience.

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

Pushing Flora over and stamping on her with a cloak probably would have been more effective.

Or she could have stopped, dropped, and rolled.

Seriously, so many fictional characters forget that simple rule, it's ridiculous.

30 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Or she could have stopped, dropped, and rolled.

Seriously, so many fictional characters forget that simple rule, it's ridiculous.

It was a suicide though. She set herself on fire.

16 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Sure, but the survival instinct is a thing. Like how you can't really kill yourself by holding your breath.

Edited by BrightBow

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Sure, but the survival instinct is a thing. Like how you can't really kill yourself by holding your breath.

That's more so because you lose consciousness (and therefore control), so your autonomic nervous system (which includes breathing) takes back control. It's not the same thing

Edited by Arcphoenix

On 28/10/2018 at 5:54 PM, Dragoncat said:

How did she do that anyway? She's a Maid, from the ICE tribe, how does that give her the power to do expontaneous combustion? One actually more powerful than a Ice tribewoman snow powers?

5 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

How did she do that anyway? She's a Maid, from the ICE tribe, how does that give her the power to do expontaneous combustion? One actually more powerful than a Ice tribewoman snow powers?

Fates has terribad writing. 

But I didn't get to that part anyway. Assumed she used a torch.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

Maybe a fire tome? Wait shit maid’s can’t use tomes. Oh I know she stabbed herself with a flame shuriken! Yeah that must be it!

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

Same way Lorenz made himself explode in Mystery of the Emblem.

If you consider that heat is energy, most likely the magic of the ice tribe works by absorbing the heat of their surroundings so the "cold", or lack of heat more exactly, is expelled outwards of their bodies. A cold exhaust, if you will. So simply put , Flora went into overdrive with her powers, absorbing too much heat into herself to the point of self-combustion.

... makes sense to me...

Not that I expect that's what they were really going for there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you consider that heat is energy, most likely the magic of the ice tribe works by absorbing the heat of their surroundings so the "cold", or lack of heat more exactly, is expelled outwards of their bodies. A cold exhaust, if you will. So simply put , Flora went into overdrive with her powers, absorbing too much heat into herself to the point of self-combustion.

... makes sense to me...

Not that I expect that's what they were really going for there.

Since there's nothing in that scene i can interpret as this i would say they for sure didn't think this out. 

She just feels super sad and duper guilty so she catches fire without moving and nobody can put it out, for reasons i guess.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Same way Lorenz made himself explode in Mystery of the Emblem.

Wait, really? I thought he just stabbed himself with a sword and died. Like this CG in FE12 implies.
image.png.0ea2370435eda79f38e00027df6f3f86.png

As for another funny moment: I started laughing pretty hard when Saizo tried to blow himself up to "show his loyalty to Hoshido". He was no better than some of those idiots who blow themselves up to get 72 virgins (which don't all have to be female, by the way) at that point.

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wait, really? I thought he just stabbed himself with a sword and died. Like this CG in FE12 implies.
image.png.0ea2370435eda79f38e00027df6f3f86.png

As for another funny moment: I started laughing pretty hard when Saizo tried to blow himself up to "show his loyalty to Hoshido". He was no better than some of those idiots who blow themselves up to get 72 virgins (which don't all have to be female, by the way) at that point.

That's New Mystey of the Emblem. It plays out a little... differently in the original.

Marth's "General Lorenz, how could you?" can be taken very literally.

Also on that virgin thing, only way that's in any way realistic is if we count miscarriages and still births as virgins. *Shudder*.

Edited by Jotari

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

That's New Mystey of the Emblem. It plays out a little... differently in the original.

Marth's "General Lorenz, how could you?" can be taken very literally.

Also on that virgin thing, only way that's in any way realistic is if we count miscarriages and still births as virgins. *Shudder*.

Huh, interesting. I like the New Mystery version better, by far. This is pretty hilarious, though. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

I could see it perhaps as using black powder. Either way, yeah, it kinda does make it a little out of place to explode. Though I can't bring myself to laugh at the scene.