Corrupt a wish: FE edition

SMEDIA

The developers were indecisive about what elements should be strategy-based and what parts should take inspiration from platformers, and the result was a mess of a game that didn't appeal to either crowd. At least the game was difficult but fair, like the series it was based off of.

I wish/hope that there is a support where a character uses a Levin/lightning weapon to cook food in the next game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted. It's a fairly interesting support about the alternate applications of magic and the rules which govern it within the setting. However, it ends with a very forced S support, when the two characters involved seemed to just be platonic friends with intellectual but not romantic interest in one another.

I wish that there was some way to avoid the trouble of reclassing Pegasus Knights and Wyverns but their supports still mentioning their steeds.

Now they don't mention their steeds at all and it's like they don't even exist.

I wish laguz operated closer to manaketes, so without the transform gauge, just staying transformed for the whole battle.

Granted, but because IMO the characters in the Advance Wars series are poorly written, any one who has played FE refuses to buy it and it doesn’t sell.

I wish someone made a short fanfic (with lots of pictures) showing Chrom and Sumia having sex and female Robin accidentally walking in and looking furious at Chrom for cheating on her.

Robin goes into Grima mode and kills them both and Lucina is never born and the world goes to hell.

I wish SMedia would come up with wishes that don't involve short fanfics with lots of pictures

I wish we'd find out if all laguz lose their power to shift if they have kids with beorc, or if it was just punishing Almedha for being with Ashnard who wanted to mess with the world's natural balance.

We'll never know, as IS adds S-supports in the remake, but only if they're of the same race.

45 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I wish SMedia would come up with wishes that don't involve short fanfics with lots of pictures

Agreed.

I wish Zemalf would do a  Let's Play of a Fire Emblem game.

Granted, but he never finishes it because he quits YouTube right before the final boss.

I wish Mother 3 was localized... oh wait, we're doing Fire Emblem. Sorry.

I wish for Seliph to get a Legendary Hero alt in Heroes.

Granted, but they literally just give him a horse (and maybe a lance). Everything else, including his artwork, is the same.

I wish there were alternative/unlock-able costumes for your units in the 3D games.

Granted, but they force in a bland as hell Avatar - even blander than Kris - that takes away ALL the importance from the other characters. There are now forced S-supports that don't make sense for the characters (like, say, Ena x anybody) or are just plain squicky (like Ike x Mist) to go along with the already forced romantic endings. There are also children characters with no explanation as to why they are the same age as their parents even though they have only been conceived like two chapters ago and some of those children are carbon copies of Fates' worst characters with their bad characteristics turned up to eleven.

I wish for a console Fire Emblem game that is a massive crossover with all the characters from all Fire Emblem games.

Edited by DragonFlames

It does sell well, but the gameplay is utter garbage, imagine combining the worst aspects of each game's gameplay rolled into one nightmarish package.
The sales are also slightly below what Fates accomplished, so for FE17, they decide to learn their lesson and give us a fanservice-Mary-Sue-wank-fest with shit gameplay in hopes that both these things will combine to generate record sales.

That would be awful. I almost made myself cry.

I wish Radiant Dawn had real supports.

They put in the ones they had already written, but as for the ones they didn't...well, lets just say that there's a reason many of the "best written" games don't have large casts.

I wish that knights started with lances and axes.

Granted, but now Knights are even more susceptible to Armorslayers due to possible WTA. Also, their animations will be completely goofy, with them tripping when trying to swing their axes and needing five minutes to get back up.
That would be kind of hilarious, actually.

I wish the soundtrack for the next FE game would be written / composed by Revo (the guy who composed Bravely Default)

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I wish the soundtrack for the next FE game would be written / composed by Revo (the guy who composed Bravely Default)

All music is just recycled from old games, and most songs don't fit where they're used.

I wish MatPat would do a game theory on Fire Emblem

Edited by Arcphoenix

Game Theory: The complete Fire Emblem timelines!

FE14(Birthright)->FE9->FE10->FE1/11->FE2/15->FE3/12(good ending)->FE13
                            \                       ^
                               \                    |
                                   ->FE4->FE5->FE4(gen 2) (on a separate continent to Tellius)

FE14(Birthright)->....->FE3/12(bad ending) -> Tokyo Mirage Sessions

FE14(conquest) -> FE8 -> FE16(?)

FE14(Revelation) -> FE7 -> FE6

I wish Fire Emblem went back into more morally grey territory, with the heroes sometimes being genuinely in the wrong.

Granted, but one of the playable characters is only along with the party because he actually wants to take advantage of whatever evil plan to take over the world himself at the end of the game. People hate that character.

I wish the next FE game introduced a playable vampire character that could fly, use swords, and literally suck the blood out of opponents or party members to recharge his health.

The next game is bow and lance heavy, and a majority of the playable cast has low HP, thus making the character useless.

I wish Fire Emblem had New Game +.

Granted. All playable characters would retained all of their last levels and exps, last presented classes (including by reclassed and DLC classes), and their weapon ranks before; But all entire enemy's units also became the prepromoted class with very high levels and stats as well as all of their weapon ranks would be maxed from the very start, made the NewGame+ featured almost meaningless.

I wish crossbow weapon would returned in FE as a separated weapon rank, and made the new ranged-weapon triangle: bow > crossbow > dagger > bow.

Edited by illegal knight

Granted, but the supports are all grunts, screams and laughs, opening a chest takes multiple turns due to thieves feeling the need to hold items over their head, and instead of having any established characters in the army we get generic members of races for classes (deku scrubs as archers, Zoras as pirates, Rito as pegasus knights, gorons as regular knights, wizzrobes as mages). As a final topper the shopkeepers are all Morshu and the Lord is King Harkinian for no reason.

I wish that someone actually gave the continent in Fates a name. What the hell?

39 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

I wish that someone actually gave the continent in Fates a name. What the hell?

It is dubbed "Iago did nothing wrong."

I wish for an anime about the story of the first exalt, perhaps also addressing things like the absence of Alm's Falchion and the end of his dynasty.

Edited by Arcphoenix

It's made by the same studio / writing team that did SAO, so the protagonist is a massive Gary Stu and every female character wants to get in his pants. The plot will also be total nonsense despite starting out with a good premise.
It is also revealed that Alm's descendants lost his / her Falchion, because Mr. Protag beat him / her in a fight and it broke. If the descendant was a girl, she'll be totally in love with him because he broke her Falchion, but be all tsundere about it for the rest of the season. ("It's not like I want your 'sword' [instert lenny face here] because you broke mine. B-baka...")
Also, Grima gets all creepy and raep-y and stuff over the main girl or loli (or both if the main girl just so happens to BE a loli).
It'll also be the most popular anime for a year or two and more people will buy Fire Emblem games expecting elements from said anime, so the next few FE games are basically this anime over and over again: Gary Stu protag, females that only exist for wish-fulfillment (one for each fetish) and creepy / molester-y antagonist.

Wtf, brain?

I wish there was a Fire Emblem game that focused on comedy.

There is a Fire Emblem game focused on comedy, but it's an absolute mess with childish jokes that fall apart, annoying gags and the characters are unlikeable. 

I wish that Micaiah married Zelgius at the end of Radiant Dawn instead of Sothe.