Corrupt a wish: FE edition

SMEDIA

Instead of logging you out, Serenes Forest downloads a virus on your computer and becomes completely inescapable. You get pop up notifs from every single post, including far from the forest spam, non-fire emblem stuff and giant trolly argument threads with people who still think Marcus is bad and Lyn is amazing. These notifications plague your computer, inbox, phone and your real life mailbox

I wish we got a game expanding on Karel's story, and connecting him with the other sword saint, Od, giving an official connection between Elibe and Jugdral/Archanea/Valentia/Ylisse

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I wish Serenes Forest would actually co-operate when I try to send posts~!

It overcompensates and spams your posts. You get permanently banned.

I wish there was a wiki dedicated to the various FE memes we've had over the years.

Edited by Arcphoenix

It only tracks the ones made about Awakening and Fates.

I wish there was a way to strategically interact with the environment beyond terrain bonuses and Dragon Veins.

Granted, you get actions to interact with the environment that only certain classes can use, even if the other classes can use the equipment needed. And it's all really messy because Intelligent Systems realised that to do so properly would take a decade, and no one was gonna wait a decade just for another Fire Emblem game!

I wish that Warriors could swap between its Real-Time battle style and the classic Fire Emblem style.

There are several long loading screens when switching between the Real-Time battles and the Turn-based gameplay. The game also can't handle a unit being inbetween two squares of the grid when switching from real-time to turn-based, and thus crashes. AI controlled units have an inability to move diagonally in battle due to the turn-based mechanics.

I wish there were idle animations on the tactical map.

Granted, but some of them are rather insulting to the player (like when Sonic stands around too long). Just like Sonic from I believe one of his games, if a unit is idle for too long, they kill themselves in some very strange, inexplicable way.

I wish the next dancer/bard unit were a literal cheerleader (note: I haven’t played every game, so I don’t know if they did this before).

Granted, but they're so out of place in the established world that they draw almost universal complaint for how unfitting they are in the series. It doesn't help that all their support conversations sidestep the issue of the costume entirely, or that they provide even more blatant fanservice than the maids in Fates do.

I wish that there was a Star Wars and Fire Emblem crossover.

20 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I wish that there was a Star Wars and Fire Emblem crossover.

Granted, there's a dragon with the power of carbon-freezing (which turns out to be Han Solo gone completely off the rails sanity-wise), carbon-freezing causes insanity due to sensory deprivation, the game is really hard and the story is incredibly dark, units who fall to carbon-freezing become uncontrollable berserkers (not in class) who just kill everything in sight in following battles, and all the Star Wars characters are unplayable enemies who fight against you until the end of the game because they're too scared to betray Han and get driven to insanity. Oh, and a few commit suicide in some really horrific ways just to make sure they really die.

I wish Fire Emblem had more blood and gore.

Granted, but the game is seen as unoriginal because it borrows monster enemies from the Resident Evil series (zombies, hunters, a couple tyrants, Las plagas, etc).

I wish there was Armor Breaking in a traditional FE game for “reasons”

7 hours ago, SMEDIA said:

Granted, but the game is seen as unoriginal because it borrows monster enemies from the Resident Evil series (zombies, hunters, a couple tyrants, Las plagas, etc).

I wish there was Armor Breaking in a traditional FE game for “reasons”

The portion of the community that hates what Fates and Awakening did become even louder. The Fire Emblem community becomes a hellscape.

I wish that if future FEs include any more Waifu-ism, it's kept in it's own isolated optional portion of the game so that both sides of the fandom can be happy.

The waifu elements are required for 100% completion, as well as some exclusive items and weapons. It's also pretty jarring how the otherwise strong cast acts out of character just to appeal to... uh... 

12 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Granted, there's a dragon with the power of carbon-freezing (which turns out to be Han Solo gone completely off the rails sanity-wise), carbon-freezing causes insanity due to sensory deprivation, the game is really hard and the story is incredibly dark, units who fall to carbon-freezing become uncontrollable berserkers (not in class) who just kill everything in sight in following battles, and all the Star Wars characters are unplayable enemies who fight against you until the end of the game because they're too scared to betray Han and get driven to insanity. Oh, and a few commit suicide in some really horrific ways just to make sure they really die.

So you think carbonite is bad, eh?

Spoiler

And this isn't even getting into the EU books, where blood and gore is allowed...

12 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I wish Fire Emblem had more blood and gore.

Spoiler

Image result for mount and blade memes

A teen rated game, everybody.

I wish that walking trees were a class.

Granted, but to balance the tree units high HP and Def, if an enemy uses even one fire attack against your tree unit, it dies a horrific death. Also, the final boss uses long range fire attacks too that really frustrate the players that invest in their tree units.

I wish that Marisa from FE8 got her own side story action RPG that showed her relationship to her father, how she became kinda a sociopath, and why the hell she got the nickname “The Crimson Flash”

It extensively shows her backstory, but midway through, in typical FE Sacred Stones fashion, she becomes nothing more than a bumbling sidekick to some random idiot she falls in love with. Because apparently, your only job as a female character in Sacred Stones (and most of FE in general, really) is to fall in love with some random dude, even if you have zero chemistry with him, or he's the biggest douche on the planet and will most likely dump you after "dipping his sausage in your mustard", if you catch my drift.

Your idea is really cool, though... minus the part I wrote, of course.
I'd definitely play that game.

I wish FE stopped 'shipping the most unlikely pairs (like Boyd x Mist, Eirika x Innes, or Nowi x Gregor)

Now the only romances are the cliched ones.

I wish that there was a Fire Emblem game set in a universe where futurist technology, steampunk aesthetics, and medieval weaponry all existed at the same time.

10 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Now the only romances are the cliched ones.

I wish that there was a Fire Emblem game set in a universe where futurist technology, steampunk aesthetics, and medieval weaponry all existed at the same time.

Medieval weaponry exists, but it's pointless with the new weapons brought in along with the steampunk theme, (Gosh I actually want that as a game, minus my part).

I wish for the next inclusion of children in a Fire Emblem game to actually make sense and not feel as tacked-on as it was in Fates. Preferably without reusing Awakening's time travel and next time maybe scrapping (or making less important) the whole "strategic breeding" aspect of it. 

Edited by Arcphoenix

The games is set 1000 years apart. Aside from the odd comment on ones family history, pairing two characters up has absolutely no impact on the gameplay or the story of the next generation.

I wish that several of the male characters slowly grew beards over the course of the game.

They all end up with Guan Yu level beards, which would look absolutely stupid on most characters. Also, there is an entire race in the game that isn't able to grow a beard, but the playable characters from that race grow one anyway.

I wish the next FE game only had as many playable characters as deployment slots at all times.

Edited by DragonFlames

On 19/11/2018 at 11:46 PM, Hawkwing said:

So you think carbonite is bad, eh?

What!? I just took the idea of carbon-frozen Han Solo still being conscious and I ran with it. I thought Han Solo would have made a good Feral Dragon, seeing as he had been stripped of all his senses for at least around a year! Trust me, if I were in that situation, I would go insane from my boredom within a matter of hours or days. Jeez, can't I have an imagination?

On 22/11/2018 at 6:10 AM, DragonFlames said:

I wish the next FE game only had as many playable characters as deployment slots at all times.

This means that units in your party have to come and leave over and over to accommodate for this, which makes training some of your units extremely hard. Oh, and there would be no skirmishes, Castle Battles or even the ability to capture enemy units because the party size always has to change. Oh, and this makes Classic Mode all the more harder.

I wish there would be a Fire Emblem Fates and Undertale crossover game.

Do you WANT Corrin to be any more of a wuss? Because showing them a world where pacifism actually is the answer will make them even more of a wuss.

I wish FE16 handles multiple routes in a similar fashion to FE10, showing perspectives from all sides and potentially allowing you to battle your own units.

You don't get to choose which army you use in the level, and units you defeat in other armies are killed off for real. The game also has multiple endings, so if you want to see them all, you have to outright loose certain fights.

I wish that fights with major foes had a dueling minigame where you defeat them in one-on-one combat.

Edited by Hawkwing

Granted, it's a lot like Undertale's battle system and is really poorly handled. Also, the battle system takes up the whole chapter so you miss out on everything else.

I wish Fire Emblem had a system similar to RPG Maker games where you could use skills or moves that function similar to weapons in battle or in the overworld.

• 3 weeks later...

Since skills don't have durability, people only use them to play the game. Weapons are very quickly a thing of the past.

I wish that I could find a Fire Emblem emulator that actually worked on my computer.

Granted, it was simply a terrible attempt at turning a Fire Emblem game into a PC game, because the creator was forced to use a shitty Windows XP laptop that had barely 1 GB RAM and a single core processor. So they rushed it and there's a lot of bugs and stuff.

I wish I got access to Birthright/Conquest tracks in Revelation (e.g. Alight, A Dark Fall, Justice RIP) without having to complete either of the former two.

13 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Granted, it was simply a terrible attempt at turning a Fire Emblem game into a PC game, because the creator was forced to use a shitty Windows XP laptop that had barely 1 GB RAM and a single core processor. So they rushed it and there's a lot of bugs and stuff.

I wish I got access to Birthright/Conquest tracks in Revelation (e.g. Alight, A Dark Fall, Justice RIP) without having to complete either of the former two.

Those are the only ones you get.

I wish that there was a dancing spinoff after each release of a mainline FE game, just like how Persona has theirs