Corrupt a wish: FE edition

SMEDIA

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted. The 3DS games are fully voice acted, at IS's expense. This makes Fire Emblem financially nonviable.

I wish more minor characters were story relevant (like Joshua)

Edited by The_antithesis

Granted.  They're all the most useless characters in the game and don't become releavant until after the final boss is defeated.

I wish the next Fire Emblem game was rooted in the slice of life genre and had no severe grand scale conflict other than the occasional arguments that are all settled peacefully and without killing or hitting, and more than ever the game is about getting two characters into a romantic relationship together.

Fire Emblem turns into a full-on visual novel dating sim. Of the 18+ NSFW kind. You know the ones.

I wish Fire Emblem had a game mode similar to Dynasty Warriors Empires or the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games where you start off as a humble mercenary or farmboy / -girl and would have to work your way upuntil you could eventually claim land for yourself.

Edited by DragonFlames

It's extremely repetitive, and advancing to the next stage takes much, much longer than it should. There is a noticeable jump in difficulty as the mechanics get more complex the higher up the ladder you get, and what you learned in previous stages doesn't apply in future ones. By the time you get to become a king/queen, you've sunk, at minimum, 200 hours into the game, killing all replayability.

Oh, and permadeath is a thing, and you can die from something as random as tripping on a pebble and cracking your skull. And your save file is erased every time you die.

I wish that the saints in SoV wore a proper dress instead of the weird thing they currently do.

Granted.  Absolutely nothing else in Shadows of Valentia is changed.

I wish the next Fire Emblem game was one giant nudist beach episode.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Fire Emblem turns into a full-on visual novel dating sim. Of the 18+ NSFW kind. You know the ones.

This is supposed to be a corruption?

Granted, but people jam their panties so hard Fire Emblem gets banned.

1 hour ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

This is supposed to be a corruption?

I mean, for some it certainly would be. Personally, I'm open-minded when it comes to that kind of stuff, which is probably why fanservice never bothered me much.

I wish the next Fire Emblem game had full-on character creation, where you could pick appearance, starting class, growths etc.

Granted, and you learn the hard way just how easy it is to create a weakling that can't even pass the tutorial level, or an overpowered demigod that could beat the final stages of the game right then and there.

(On a serious note, I have had some legitimate ideas for how to implement that for a while, and I wouldn't mind seeing it in a more open-ended Fire Emblem game).

9 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Granted.  Absolutely nothing else in Shadows of Valentia is changed.

So... my wish was granted?

This is the second or third time that has happened on this thread.

I wish I knew why all my dreams that featured the Taguel also coincidentally had trampolines in them.

Granted.  The game is based on surprise tactics and the game doesn't offer an efficient way to communicate strategies between players.  The game is also built on one lord getting to the end of the level first and the first one to get to the end first 3 times has to progress the rest of the game alone while the other gets a Game Over and has to start the game over from scratch.

13 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

So... my wish was granted?

I guess.  Unless you really don't have any other ideas or wishes on how the game could be improved.

I wish the next Fire Emblem game had S supports between human characters and characters who were actual beasts and the conversations were so well written that even the hardest opponents of such couplings would find them sweet and likable.

Granted, but the characterization between the story and the S-supports is very inconsistent, so there is a jarring disconnect between their story and support selves, creating another, even worse Fates situation. Worse yet, one of the human characters is an implied child molester, murderer, and otherwise very unpleasant fellow that doesn't develop beyond that, and his only eligible partner is a beast character that is an actual underaged shota/loli and the support is STILL portrayed as sweet because of said inconsistency.

... Wtf, brain?

I wish for a Fire Emblem game that has a plot so nonsensical, it goes right back around to being the most hilarious game in existence.

IS tries to redo Fates as a comedy. It works about as well as you would expect.

2 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

I guess.  Unless you really don't have any other ideas or wishes on how the game could be improved.

I mean, I just asked for a simple change, and I received it without any other drawbacks, so...

12 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Granted, but now you eternally question your subconscious.

5cb387b8d2d9c_MetalGearMeme3.thumb.png.94d347dc3b34d4d465ef5f28f88464b1.png

I guess my wish really was granted.

I saw great potential for a meme, and couldn't resist the temptation to make it.

I do wish I knew what font the comic uses, as I realize in hindsight that Impact isn't the most fitting.

I wish that Hiiamdaisy made a comic about Fire Emblem.

9 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I wish that Hiiamdaisy made a comic about Fire Emblem.

Granted. The comic is paranormal against your favor. It’s so hilarious that some people actually die from laughter. The comic also contains your credit card number, three digits on the back, and expiration month and year. It also changes to whatever identifying information is most relevant to you currently. Nobody has had any luck taking the comic down, and somehow, some way, you wind up getting blamed for it.

I wish Game Theory would do a video on Fire Emblem at least once

Edited by Arcphoenix

14 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

5cb387b8d2d9c_MetalGearMeme3.thumb.png.94d347dc3b34d4d465ef5f28f88464b1.png

I guess my wish really was granted.

I saw great potential for a meme, and couldn't resist the temptation to make it.

I do wish I knew what font the comic uses, as I realize in hindsight that Impact isn't the most fitting.

I legit laughed out loud when I saw this. This needs to be a thing!

The above wish is granted, but MatPat gets one tiny little detail wrong and he gets major heat from the FE-part of the Theorist community, causing him to quit GT forever.

26 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Wish not granted because you DIDN'T MAKE ONE!

I wish I could be better at ruining your wishes.

Granted, but now everyone hates you for ruining their wishes.

I wish I could marry more than one guy in Fates

Granted, but now everyone else gets a harem, too, and FE delves fully into the harem genre turning off many, many players to the point where FE becomes financially nonviable, forcing IntSys to cancel it outright.

10 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Wish not granted because you DIDN'T MAKE ONE!

I'm sorry! Please don't kill me...

I wish Echoes had more replayability.

Granted, but then it gets exploited for exp and money grinding and pretty much becomes easier than Birthright.

I wish that people would stop making wishes that result in FE devolving into something ridiculously stupid and therefore being pulled from the shelves, etc.

Granted.  Now the wishes only result in Fire Emblem getting a decade long hiatus in between all entries.

I wish for a Fire Emblem game that had a Daemon X Machina setting, had a story written by the people who made Attack on Titan, functioned as a strategy game that offered one on one fights between giant mechs that are as awesome to play as they are to see, and would go on to become the highest selling game in the franchise ever.

5 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Granted.  Now the wishes only result in Fire Emblem getting a decade long hiatus in between all entries.

I wish for a Fire Emblem game that had a Daemon X Machina setting, had a story written by the people who made Attack on Titan, functioned as a strategy game that offered one on one fights between giant mechs that are as awesome to play as they are to see, and would go on to become the highest selling game in the franchise ever.

Granted, but it is multiplayer only, becomes mainstream and gets flooded by cringy 12 year old boys like fortnite to the point where it's unlikable.

I wish they actually released the drama cds in English. In fact, all extra content in English.

Edited by Comycat_Aleu

Granted, it takes a real long time to do the translations, which then results in...

7 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Fire Emblem getting a decade long hiatus in between all entries.

I wish there was more Fire Emblem creepypasta.

1 hour ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

I wish there was more Fire Emblem creepypasta.

There’s also more copypasta. Outsiders get so sick of the oversaturation of comments about FE in non FE places that the fandom stops growing. As people die and leave the fandom as time moves forward Fire Emblem eventually is no longer viewed as financially worthwhile by IS, and they decide to cancel the series.

I wish none of the previous corrupt wishes of this thread come true

36 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

There’s also more copypasta. Outsiders get so sick of the oversaturation of comments about FE in non FE places that the fandom stops growing. As people die and leave the fandom as time moves forward Fire Emblem eventually is no longer viewed as financially worthwhile by IS, and they decide to cancel the series.

I wish none of the previous corrupt wishes of this thread come true

Granted, but even worse corrupt wishes take their place.

I wish there were good, in character supports of every single character with every other character.

IS spends so much time and money on hiring stellar writers and ensuring high quality that the game itself ends up as a bare-bones, buggy mess. At least no one is complaining about the story and characters, for once.

@DragonFlames Glad to hear you got a laugh out of it! Those where among my first thoughts when I heard the corruption, and I couldn't resist  turning them into a joke/meme and sharing it. I'm not certain if you mean the meme or seeing taguels jump on trampolines when you say "this needs to be a thing", so I'll just say that I agree.

I wish that Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia gets an expansion pack that adds new characters, classes, enemies, gameplay, levels, and more. Along with some new campaigns that continues the story where it left off, as well as background details and different perspectives.

Edited by Hawkwing
Why must adding quotes into edits be so difficult?

It turns Echoes into a mess. The characters don't act in-character anymore, the writing and plot is all over the place and is entirely inconsistent with future plots explored in Awakening.The background story also causes a lot of confusion when taking Shadow Dragon and New Mystery into account.

12 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

@DragonFlames Glad to hear you got a laugh out of it! Those where among my first thoughts when I heard the corruption, and I couldn't resist  turning them into a joke/meme and sharing it. I'm not certain if you mean the meme or seeing taguels jump on trampolines when you say "this needs to be a thing", so I'll just say that I agree.

I did mean the meme itself, yes. Though imagining Taguels - giant killer bunnies - jumping on trampolines is a hilarious idea in itself.

Speaking of Taguels, I wish there was a really beefy Taguel warrior who turns into a really tiny albino rabbit, like the one from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.