Corrupt a wish: FE edition

SMEDIA

9 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

Granted. Donnel ducked the attack, but gets benched due to getting rng screwed so bad it shouldn't be possible.

I wish that Fates didn't feel like it was pushing you to use the royals so much.

Fates doesn't push you to use the royals anymore. In fact... they aren't even there. Just unused sprites and models found within the games data.

I wish that the children in Fire Emblem Fates were implemented in a way that actually makes sense.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all die in the story, rendering them unusable. Conquest Classic Lunatic becomes a nightmare as a result.

I forgot to check the page number.

He is an illegitimate descendant of Ike and Elincia, and it's implied Ike didn't consent to anything. Elincia's character is ruined as a result.

I wish FE12 was released in the west.

Edited by The_antithesis
Ninja'd

Granted, but no changes are made. It's not translated, the graphics aren't updated, and it works on the DS and ONLY the DS.

I wish Vanilla Lyn was actually useful in Heroes

Now Lyn is so fast that no one can double her, but she can attack four times against anyone. She more or less ignores the weapon triangle, magic and physical attacks don't even scratch her, and she can switch to her bow on the fly, so attacking at range means nothing. Needless to say, even people who love Lyn drop the game due to a single character being unbalanced, loosing IS millions of dollars, causing the production values of Three Houses to be severely reduced.

I wish there were three-way supports.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

Now Lyn is so fast that no one can double her, but she can attack four times against anyone. She more or less ignores the weapon triangle, magic and physical attacks don't even scratch her, and she can switch to her bow on the fly, so attacking at range means nothing. Needless to say, even people who love Lyn drop the game due to a single character being unbalanced, loosing IS millions of dollars, causing the production values of Three Houses to be severely reduced.

I wish there were three-way supports.

Three-way S supports are now a thing. Some result in one of the three dying or giving negative bonuses when around eachother, the partner seals won't work in 3-way s supports, child characters don't receive the modified growth bonuses, and many people view the whole system as disgusting causing the game to not sell well putting Fire Emblem's future in jeopardy.

I wish Fates had better writing staff and a better writing in general

They somehow have even worse worldbuilding for their existence than in their original games. Scientists are baffled.

I wish Panne and Yarne wore more modest clothing.

They forget to apply the brakes.

I wish that Chris Avellone writes a Fire Emblem game someday.

Edited by Hawkwing
Wrong kind of "brake".

The story of this game is absolutely AMAZING, and all the fans expect IS to continue.

This only makes the fandom even more butthurt when Fates 2.0 comes out, and the fanbase split ruins the community as a result.

I wish I could use FE's anima magic.

3 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

I wish I could use FE's anima magic.

You can, but you can't control it causing harm to yourself and those around you when trying to use it. You also sometimes use it in your sleep.

I wish for the next avatar to have dialogue choices, a bit like the Persona protagonists

They go overboard with how many options there are, reducing the quality of the dialogue as a whole, and causing the game to be super short as they couldn't account for all the paths a conversation could take.

I wish there were more characters that have beards.

They included a joke character that Smash Community instantly loves and that joke character became a template for future FE lord's design.

I wish that Three Houses' lords and avatars would do at least one musical song and dance out of no where in the main game. 

Granted, but it happens during a battle and gets someone killed.

I wish in the next FE game, there was a male unit that starts off as a virgin. As a virgin, he’s invincible and can’t die. However, if he gets an S Support with a female, he has sex and loses his immortality.

Everyone uses him as the tank of all tanks. Considering there are more male than female characters (like in Awakening) nobody bothers to pair him up with someone. However in order to keep him from breaking the game, IS pulls a nasty trick:

If he remains a virgin long enough, he'll gain a unicorn that only he can ride. It violently, yet effectively, gores it's enemies. However, if the character says "this is what you get for being a virgin, b*tch!" as a crit quote, then the unicorn realizes that it's been used, throws off its rider, and gores them.

Everyone is confused as to what the heck the lesson on the whole ordeal was supposed to be.

I wish that reinforcements didn't move on the turn they spawn in any of the Fire Emblem games that have this stupid mechanic.

It means no-one will get to experience the sheer narrative power of the terror that was the ambush-spawned Black Knight. Also, the difficulty of FE drops dramatically.

I wish there were an option to toggle "true hit" RNG in all the fire emblem games.

It becomes pretty obvious that some of the dodge-tank characters were actually pretty reliant on the current system, as now the enemies hit a lot more often than you'd expect them too. Ironmanners now favor knights.

I wish the GBA animations were less repetitive.

Now he promotes too early. He barely reaches the minimum level requirement for promotion in time, and has to deal with reduced experience gain for the rest of the game.

I wish I could bring Panne to a trampoline park, just to see her reaction and what she'd do.

Granted, but she enters into an unnecessarily violent conflict with a fox while on a trampoline. It goes viral on YouTube, but it's on someone else's channel, so you get nothing and are kicked out of the trampoline park forever.

I wish for just the weirdest frickin' Fire Emblem game ever. Something which is too out there to be indignant or even truly baffled about. Get creative with this one.

You play as bandits in space trying to create an ISIS-esque illegitimate military state in others' territory. Because of 0G, all the maps are 3D, making strategy very complicated! There are also lasers with unlimited range, but any terrain blocks them, meaning you have to worry about lines of sight. Unfortunately, as the lasers target Res and you have a special ability called "alert" that allows you to attack with lasers in enemy phase, the laser users are utterly OP and the game's difficulty is rendered a joke as a result.

I wish for an FE world with no gods or dragons.