Is Lyn better than Marcus/is Marcus good/ is Lyn good

gjuptonv

6 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Oh good, this brain tumor of a subject got its own topic.

No. In no reality is Lyn better than Marcus.

She's better-looking than Marcus.  CHECKMATE! :P:

50 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

His bases leave much to be desired, if all it did take as bases, then the game would be too easy to accept such bases. If you want to have a better time, you want growths, and Hector and a good deal of others have it.

If Marcus' bases "leave much to be desired", Lyn/Rebecca/any other growth unit  is eight hundred ways of screwed.

I'm all for growths vs. bases, but this is dishonest.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Oh good, this brain tumor of a subject got its own topic.

No. In no reality is Lyn better than Marcus.

Sorry I felt bad hijacking nino's topic 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

It's a tie. There's only two kinds of Fire Emblem characters: Those who are beautiful and those who are not Gonzales.

8 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Then let's try this again then and see if the community can keep themselves from saying unecessary hostile things.

-Can double mercenaries, myrmidons, as well some of the faster bosses, she also dodgetanks better as a result due to having higher SPD. For instance Marcus can't double Teodore whitout forcing him to use Nosferatu first. Since Eclipse weights less despite being a siege tome. And you don't want him to use Nosferatu and prolong the fight further, you want to reach him while he still has Eclipses to use.

-That's quite simple, Marcus DEF doesn't grow, barely so, while Lyn receives a significant boost upon promotion, if she can reach at least 7 DEF, which she does easily upon promotion, than she's already tanking better than Marcus does by virtue of having a better HP growth and having considerably more SPD and LUK. Axefighters can't even reach 10 hit midgame against her, specially if they are using handaxes. At best their hitrate is 20% or so against her, while Marcus is usually 30% when dealing with axefighters while wielding a sword (more so if he has to use Hand Axes for some reason).

- At C rank Lyn and Hector both receive a boost of 5% to their critical, 5% to critical evasion and 2% to evasion. A B rank,  it becomes a 10% increase to their critical, 10% to critical evasion, 5% to evasion, 1 extra attack and 1 extra DEF, both benefit a lot from this, specially if either uses a killer weapon and engage in 1 range combat. At  A rank that's  15% boost to all the previously 10% stats and a 3 to both DEF and ATK. They reach this support rank around chapter 27 or so, making it worthy against the enemies in the later chapters. That's quite considerable even at C rank and it's obtainable as soon as chapter 19x or around that time.

- Not imediately, Marcus still has some uses before he goes to the bench. It's only past chapter 20 or so, that usually Lyn becomes better than him. As for my other statement, Lyn is good from the get-go, since she has good stats for chapter 16.

- It's usefull, for the sake of obtaining chests and villages and the ocasional ferry, but little else. Movement doesn't make up for mediocre battle stats, so obviously those with good stats are the ones who are better. Considering how fast they level, that's usually around chapter 20 or so when I usually bench Marcus. So his uses are a bit too limited for me to consider him anything but a B rank unit.

- He really doesn't. 11 SPD doesn't cut it, it didn't cut for me in the VoD when Kent has screwed with a 15 SPD stat, so I don't see how Marcus would in HHM.

Not really. My arguements have been sound enough, whatever others think, that's up to them.

No it really doesn't apply to me, since nothing smells to begin with.

You are one of the most hard-headed people I have had the displeasure of chatting with on any forum. Arguments fly over your head and you repeatedly argue that your subjective claims are objective truths. I apologize for being so direct and rude, but you are not worth mine, or anyone else's time when it comes to discussing Fire Emblem and unit viability.

I hope that you can someday return to these discussions and meaningfully contribute. When that day comes I'll be happy to chat with you.

Edited by gjuptonv

Marcus is much better than Lyn. While Marcus doesn't have the best growth rates, he doesn't need to have good growth rates to still be an amazing unit. FE7 Marcus, while he isn't on the levels of Seth, is an exceptional early game unit, an amazing mid game unit, and a good endgame unit all without much leveling. Honestly, I believe that the stats of a unit is only one part of making a unit good. It's also the context around said unit. Marcus, compared to Lyn is already "good" without any training needed. And while Lyn could probably get to his level eventually (even though that would require a severe amount of neglect towards other units, favoritism, and luck) that still doesn't change the fact that Marcus could do just as well or slightly less well with no sort of prior investment. This is why Marcus is such an amazing unit; he can do so much without any sort of training beforehand, and while he won't grow much; he doesn't need to.

Marcus is amazing. Unless you're some chump who's arena abusing and claiming to be excellent at the game due to that. (again, noone cares until you open your mouth and try to sound like a hot shot.)

Lemme put it this way.

Marcus is incredibly solid. His low-ish base speed is actually handy since you can give him steel weapons early on to leave enemies with half their healty, allowing Hector/Lowen/Dorcas/etc. to nab the kill. Rebecca won't likely be able to take out said enemies because lol 11 base attack and no doubling.

Lowen is amazingly solid for a cav. He comes early, has 10 base con and solid bases. Aside from marcus/hector/maybe Oswin/Erk/Eliwood, depending on playstyle, he's probably the only other long-term investment of all the earlygame units due to the mount and solid combat. While it's easy for him to get stat screwed, his bases and utility cannot be denied. Furthermore, by the time you get more units to choose from in the Lyn and Co. crew, you can easily drop him for Kent/Sain at no cost. 

Sain is likely the best investment of the LHM knights crest, assuming at least average stats at like 10-14/1. He pretty much turns into a second marcus, but with even better growths since 60% str/40% spd is pretty good when coming into HHM with early promoted stats. But even if you don't earlypromote him or go for Kent, he's still incredibly solid. Again, assuming average stats.

Kent is probably the worst of the cavs, since he's a speed focused cav in a slow enemy game that's EP heavy. Still, he performs well enough in LHM if he procs a single point of speed in his first level. This lets him double and 1-2RKO everything there. However, that strength growth is kinda suspect. If earlypromoted, he's kind of Isadora-lite statwise. But doing this will let him build axe rank sooner, which could mitigate some of his attack issues. Iirc, he's also got the best res out of the three cavs.

If Kent isn't promoted, he comes into HHM around sayyy lvl 8-10. He's still good due to competant combat and horse. If Lyn mode is skipped over, he's pretty much the worse of the three cavs since Lowen's got greater availability and Sain has 9 base str+ a stupidly high growth to 2HKO a lotta shit.

Lyn isn't outdoing Marcus or Lowen by any stretch of the imagination. Marcus is good all game long and Lowen is just a purely solid dude. Even if we compare her with the other Lyn mode returnees in that chapter, she's being compared to Florina, Kent, and Sain: three of the best units in fe7. Then we gotta deal with the arrival of Raven Lucius, Canas, Fiora, and even Dart (if we're talking non-LTC)  in the next few chapters. 

Lyn is a usable unit in the sense that she can be used. But if we're gonna be honest, most fe7 units are perfectly fine and usable. Even nino to an extent is fine since she comes at a time where one can say fuckit and raise her since she hits the res stat and comes right before COD.

Rebecca, Wil, Guy, and Lyn suffer from being rangelocked with little utility in an enemy phase heavy game. Rag on Louise and Rath all you want, but Louise gets instant A bows and an instant A support with Pent. She's useable. Rath gets a horse and a shitload of aids plus little competition for the orion bolt. 

Like in terms of long term investments, Lyn's main use is manni katti nuking and getting Geitz. (I'm not ragging on anyone and saying that she sucks and you shouldn't use her. I like her character and she's gotten tons of exposure. ) But to say that she's better than Marcus, when she's even be questioned for performance vs Guy is pure bullshit.

@DiogoJorge being dishonest is far worse than cussing. Literally noone gives a fuck about swearing given the right context. But being stubborn and refusing to listen to what others have to say is the epitome of being a loser.

Shit, this exploded. Just gonna answer the title.

I have a higher opinion of Lyn than most do. I think she's a good unit. Good, but not great. Compared to Marcus, though? In no context is Lyn on the same tier as Marcus. Casual, ranked, LTC, any difficulty, Marcus is always better.

8 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

How so? Lyn is easily usable and good at that.

Solid =/= usable. Being usable doesn't make you solid. If it was, then Dorcas would be solid.

dorcas doesn't get 2HKO'd by the most common enemy weapon type in the game, comes in as a solid early-midgame unit and has 1-2 range and wta vs lances. if blessed, he's amazing. if average, then he's still solid.

apply that solid=/=usable remark to fucking rebecca. while usable, she gets 2HKO'd by everything forever unless you're turtling.

>Lyndis and Marcus

...Hoo boy. Lyndis is, in my opinion, solidly one of the worst units you get in the game. Bulk is nonexistent, damage output is poor and frequently nonexistent without the effective bonus of the Mani Katti. She has Speed, yes, but Speed alone means absolutely jack-shit when you don't have damage to back it up. Then we get Marcus. Extremely good bases for his jointime and he carries himself with those bases through the entire game, even if his growths absolutely fail him. Has the bulk to cover when his speed fails, reliable damage output all game and his Speed is usually enough that he can typically avoid being doubled for a solid chunk of the game, which is handy because it's FE7 and evasion's not worth shit.

1 hour ago, Mister Rogers said:

dorcas doesn't get 2HKO'd by the most common enemy weapon type in the game, comes in as a solid early-midgame unit and has 1-2 range and wta vs lances. if blessed, he's amazing. if average, then he's still solid.

apply that solid=/=usable remark to fucking rebecca. while usable, she gets 2HKO'd by everything forever unless you're turtling.

Neither does Lyn. 

That isn't solid. If he was, he would be doubling as well. Don't see how turtling has anything to do with being 2HKO, since she has enough HP.

And what do you sugest I do about listening to others if their advice doesn't help me and handicaps me instead? Is that also being a "loser"? To be a doormat and just let others indocrinate me?

Edited by DiogoJorge

28 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

Neither does Lyn. 

That isn't solid. If he was, he would be doubling as well. Don't see how turtling has anything to do with being 2HKO, since she has enough HP.

And what do you sugest I do about listening to others if their advice doesn't help me and handicaps me instead? Is that also being a "loser"? To be a doormat and just let others indocrinate me?

Thing is, we've been discussing HHM.

Marcus is really good there. If you look across all of sf, you'll find that  there's a shitload of runs in HHM with ltc, drafts, and general efficiency/no-grind runs that display why he's top tier.

Furthermore, you haven't set down any sort of metric. For crying out loud, you even threw out using fe7 ranked runs as a metric due to believing the tactics rank is bugged. You've had an arrogant tone on top of mis-representing facts. Hell, you don't even seem to be taking Balcerzak's input at all and rather run around with this faux-authoritative tone.

No, it's not about being a doormat, but rather realizing that perhaps-just perhaps- you might want to think about clarifying exactly what your metric of measurement on units is. Even now you're going all over the place and purposely seem to be dishonestly sandbagging units to compare them with Lyn or Rebecca. 

It's important to analyze what others have to say in a reasonable discussion.  I'm not doing this with the intent of being mean or denegrating in any way, but I can barely understand your arguments since there's a lack of cohesiveness to them. I recommend checking up this quick crash course vid.

Spoiler

Marcus is consistently good, end of story.

If you don't like him, that's fine, but by no means is Lyn outdoing him anywhere except for maybe FE Heroes if he ever debuts in that game.

Lyn is not better than Marcus. Marcus is good - in fact, probably the best unit in the game by all relevant metrics to game completion. Lyn is okay. hth

14 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

Thing is, we've been discussing HHM.

Marcus is really good there. If you look across all of sf, you'll find that  there's a shitload of runs in HHM with ltc, drafts, and general efficiency/no-grind runs that display why he's top tier.

Furthermore, you haven't set down any sort of metric. For crying out loud, you even threw out using fe7 ranked runs as a metric due to believing the tactics rank is bugged. You've had an arrogant tone on top of mis-representing facts. Hell, you don't even seem to be taking Balcerzak's input at all and rather run around with this faux-authoritative tone.

No, it's not about being a doormat, but rather realizing that perhaps-just perhaps- you might want to think about clarifying exactly what your metric of measurement on units is. Even now you're going all over the place and purposely seem to be dishonestly sandbagging units to compare them with Lyn or Rebecca. 

It's important to analyze what others have to say in a reasonable discussion.  I'm not doing this with the intent of being mean or denegrating in any way, but I can barely understand your arguments since there's a lack of cohesiveness to them. I recommend checking up this quick crash course vid.

Reveal hidden contents

Marcus is consistently good, end of story.

If you don't like him, that's fine, but by no means is Lyn outdoing him anywhere except for maybe FE Heroes if he ever debuts in that game.

He's good alright, for half the game, then he's average for the most part at best, using him to the end only makes the game harder as well, since his average stats aren't what I expect of a lategame Paladin. My tone was been arrogant? And yours isn't by calling others losers? I'm confident, not arrogant, since in all my years using units in this game, I never had a good reason to use Marcus to the end, his stats aren't satisfatory for what I need for mid-lategame. 

What about Balcerzak's input? He said that it was turtling, when in reality it wasn't, I told him that much. most chapters I had done in the 5 stars turn limit for those chapters that weren't bugged for most part. Thus it can't be called turtling, so obviously I'm dismissing his claim.

It is bugged though, 0 turn requirements for certain chapters? Really IS?

I'm not sandbagging anything, just stating how it goes. And I did say that some units are better than those 2, so don't see the issue.

I'm analyzing what others say, but they compute with the results I got.

Marcus is only good for half the game, average for the rest at best, end of story.

Lyn has better stats in most areas by midgame, so I will hear what you say but disagree with it, always.

Thank you for the video, anyway. I will see if it helps me in any way.

he's your best guy by a country mile in the earlygame where most of your other units are shit. no other unit in the game is anywhere near as dominant for any period of time.

he falls off to become alright in the mid to lategame, when you have plenty of other strong units.

even if you don't use Marcus 'to the end', why do you have to use a unit throughout their entire availability for them to be good? even the terrible-growth Jagens (like, well, other Marcus) are good units for what they offer when nobody else comes close

58 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

Neither does Lyn. 

Level 15 Lyn (26 HP / 5 Def) gets 2HKO'ed by lance enemies with 17 Atk. In Dragon's Gate, about half of the Iron Lance enemies 2HKO her.

Level 10 Dorcas (36 HP / 5 Def) gets 2HKO'ed by lance enemies with 24 Atk or more, which only Darin himself reaches. Iron Lance enemies only 4HKO him, even assuming that all of them roll high Str.

Level 13 Guy (which seems fairly realistic - mine is at level 11 at this point despite skipping four chapters before this) (33 HP / 7 Def - I rounded HP up and Def down for the sake of the argument) is barely 3HKO'ed by 17 Atk lance enemies. Basically, if Lyn can survive two hits, then Guy can survive three. He can also tank two steel lance hits (20 Atk at most for generics, 21 Atk for Cameron - Guy survives two Cameron hits with 3 HP remaining) - Lyn needs to be RNG-blessed to survive even two 20 Atk hits at level 20 (29 HP / 6 Def gets 2HKO'ed by that).

10 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

using him to the end only makes the game harder as well

Even if I agreed with this part - not fielding Marcus for VoD doesn't make his irreplaceable earlygame contributions disappear. Lyn doesn't come close to that level of irreplaceableness at any point of the game. I'm going to do my thing and refer to one of my previous posts that you conveniently ignored.

15 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

What about Balcerzak's input? He said that it was turtling, when in reality it wasn't, I told him that much. most chapters I had done in the 5 stars turn limit for those chapters that weren't bugged for most part. Thus it can't be called turtling, so obviously I'm dismissing his claim.

You're aware that it is still possible to S-rank HHM as a whole? And that Balcerzak (among a few other people in this thread) managed to do so? You "only" have to make up for the zero requirement chapters in the regular chapters. Balcerzak in particular reached the 5 Star Tactics threshold in chapter 23x and kept below it for the rest of the game.

Personally, I'm actually more worried about XP rank than turn counts in my current run. Chapter 23x is good for at least 10 turns, and either version of FFO can be cleared way ahead of time, for example.

The difference between Marcus and Lyn is that Lyn has a chance to be somewhat OK, although that's questionable in and of itself. Marcus is consistently usable at the very worst. Lyn's bases are not great, her damage output is mediocre without effective damage (which is almost always at WTD so good luck surviving any of that combat), her bulk is worse than basically any other playable unit and her speed is her only good stat, which is neither use nor ornament when there's literally nothing else on the unit. Evasion is not a reliable survival technique, and doubling means nothing when your damage output is piss. Add in that she promotes late and gains the infamous rangelock combo, and there's really very little reason to ever bother using her. She starts bad and doesn't get much chance to get better, and even when she's given the chance she's no better than if literally anyone else is given that exp. Hell, you could probably give it to Bartre or Wil and they'd come out just as usable if not slightly better. Lyn's a solid candidate for the worst playable character in FE7.

This thread reminds me of me when I was way way way younger and made threads on SF defending really bad units and saying they were good if you like put all your resources into them and stuff like that. It's borderline painful to skim.

Anyway. Marcus is godlike. I can't think of a better unit in the game off the top of my head. Maybe Florina if you're into crazy LTC rescue shenanigans but even then it's a solid run for your money deal and that's only if you care about shaving every single possible turn. Marcus is still crazy good in that regard too. I have seen a lot of flac for Lyn in this thread though, I don't think she's as bad as some people are saying. Certainly middle of the pack, not "one of the worst" or close to it. But as for the thread at hand:

Is Lyn better than Marcus? By any semi-objective metric, no.

Is Marcus good? Yes.

Is Lyn good? She's literally okay.

7 hours ago, Ironthunder said:

The difference between Marcus and Lyn is that Lyn has a chance to be somewhat OK, although that's questionable in and of itself. Marcus is consistently usable at the very worst. Lyn's bases are not great, her damage output is mediocre without effective damage (which is almost always at WTD so good luck surviving any of that combat), her bulk is worse than basically any other playable unit and her speed is her only good stat, which is neither use nor ornament when there's literally nothing else on the unit. Evasion is not a reliable survival technique, and doubling means nothing when your damage output is piss. Add in that she promotes late and gains the infamous rangelock combo, and there's really very little reason to ever bother using her. She starts bad and doesn't get much chance to get better, and even when she's given the chance she's no better than if literally anyone else is given that exp. Hell, you could probably give it to Bartre or Wil and they'd come out just as usable if not slightly better. Lyn's a solid candidate for the worst playable character in FE7.

Lyn vs Wil/Rebecca is honestly debatable, but that's mostly because Lyn can at least 1-2RKO some things without being completely spoonfed.

But yeah, I fully believe Bartre/Dorcas/Guy to be better than Lyn.  But that's mostly due to 1-2 range for the axedudes and earlier promotion/durability for all three.

4 hours ago, Darros said:

This thread reminds me of me when I was way way way younger and made threads on SF defending really bad units and saying they were good if you like put all your resources into them and stuff like that. It's borderline painful to skim.

Anyway. Marcus is godlike. I can't think of a better unit in the game off the top of my head. Maybe Florina if you're into crazy LTC rescue shenanigans but even then it's a solid run for your money deal and that's only if you care about shaving every single possible turn. Marcus is still crazy good in that regard too. I have seen a lot of flac for Lyn in this thread though, I don't think she's as bad as some people are saying. Certainly middle of the pack, not "one of the worst" or close to it. But as for the thread at hand:

Is Lyn better than Marcus? By any semi-objective metric, no.

Is Marcus good? Yes.

Is Lyn good? She's literally okay.

Spoiler

This dude's been playing fe 7 since launch.

or so he says.

that places him as quite a bit older than you or I and places him like around Bal's age.

To answer the topic,  I use lyn for longer but Marcus is far more helpful early game. I've found that I don't really need Marcus after a while and I kind of just use Lyn because she's a lord. Not sure why everyone thinks she's so bad, like come on guys she's nowhere near Roy levels of suck. Is she the best unit in the game? No not by a long shot but neither is Marcus for that matter. Each has their own uses and benefits. That being said I will say that Marcus is a god send on HHM but he pretty much always ends up out classed by Sain at the end

55 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

But yeah, I fully believe Bartre/Dorcas/Guy to be better than Lyn.  But that's mostly due to 1-2 range for the axedudes and earlier promotion/durability for all three

Lol how? They are slow as snails and axes in general suck as a weapon choice for anyone not named Hector 

8 hours ago, Ironthunder said:

Evasion is not a reliable survival technique,

Ninian would like to have a talk with you.

15 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

Even nino to an extent is fine since she comes at a time where one can say fuckit and raise her since she hits the res stat and comes right before COD.

With like 5 chapters left at which point Pent is already available and better than Nino in every possible way. Also it's  too bad COD is a mage fest in HHM and 7 res isn't  doing her any favors.

16 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

Even nino to an extent is fine since she comes at a time where one can say fuckit and raise her since she hits the res stat and comes right before COD.

The fact that you're saying this means you're not assuming HHM, where Nino's SOL thanks to Cog of Destiny being a mage fest. And even outside of HHM, I'd say she's more trouble than she's worth.

2 hours ago, Sage of the Mist said:

Lol how? They are slow as snails and axes in general suck as a weapon choice for anyone not named Hector 

Dorcas has 6 base speed and a whopping 13 con. He's slow, but that slowness is going to really only hinder him against sword units for quite a while, who you really shouldn't be tossing him against. He's strong enough to do in 1 round what speedy units with low strength tend to do, and he's going to be beefier than any of them. And, unlike most of those units who emphasize speed over strength, if you give him an effective weapon, he will likely kill whatever is in front of him safely.

Also what? Axes are bad in plenty of FE games. FE7 really isn't one of them, since the game tosses out lance enemies like they're TRYING to get them killed, and Hand Axes are arguably the best utility weapon in the whole game, and simply having access to them is a positive on a list of bullet points.

Doracs' is not good on the whole, but he's a totally usable early-early/midgame unit(As somebody mentioned, he's a good filler unit until you get somebody who can do his job better), and he doesn't struggle right out of the gate. Lyn starts off struggling, and eventually gets decent, but the problem with Lyn is that she essentially needs to promote to get decent. Which will rob Eliwood of the better promotion. Then you'll have to wait until until you're entering the very endgame to promote her, at which point it's really too late for her.

Bartre sucks, but if we're going the "Nonono, they just suck when they join, if you train them, they'll be good eventually! That makes them a good unit!" argument, well... That also arguably applies to Bartre.

You're aware Ninian isn't a combat unit, and should avoid being in fights, right? If you put Ninian in combat range, I'll put money on her dying by the third time she's attacked by anything that isn't a Bandit.

Edited by Slumber

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Also what? Axes are bad in plenty of FE games. FE7 really isn't one of them, since the game tosses out lance enemies like they're TRYING to get them killed, and Hand Axes are arguably the best utility weapon in the whole game, and simply having access to them is a positive on a list of bullet points.

Agreed, FE1-4 Axes are junk/nonexistent, FE5 is the first game to try to redeem them (as you know full well), FE6 seems like a step back, but come FE7, Axes are certainly on the start of a rising tide. Maybe Lances due to less Wt are better overall, but Axes have moved up to 2nd best physical type at least with FE7, a place they'd continue to hold in SS. Then PoR and RD become the games where Axes rule the world and not even magic can compete with them. By comparison, FE7 seems to be the first game where Swordlock becomes a bad thing, not as bad as it is in PoR or Awakening, but still bad.

To answer the topic,  I use lyn for longer but Marcus is far more helpful early game. I've found that I don't really need Marcus after a while and I kind of just use Lyn because she's a lord. Not sure why everyone thinks she's so bad, like come on guys she's nowhere near Roy levels of suck. Is she the best unit in the game? No not by a long shot but neither is Marcus for that matter. Each has their own uses and benefits. That being said I will say that Marcus is a god send on HHM but he pretty much always ends up out classed by Sain at the end

With like 5 chapters left at which point Pent is already available and better than Nino in every possible way. Also it's  too bad COD is a mage fest in HHM and 7 res isn't  doing her any favors.

6 base speed and enough con to use any axe 1-2 range.

Let's not forget that enemy quality is so bad in fe7 outside of some bosses and the valkyries that having 1-2 range and half-decent durability gets you pretty far.  Sure, they're not the greatest, but they're there when the game's the hardest. Want to hold a point in the lance mobs? stick an axedude there with hand axes. 

Dorcas can just promote early and then bump his bow rank up if you're really concerned about getting doubled but want to use him. Due to fe7's lower effectiveness modifier for effective damage, the strength stat actually matters for bowmen early-midgame. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

The fact that you're saying this means you're not assuming HHM, where Nino's SOL thanks to Cog of Destiny being a mage fest. And even outside of HHM, I'd say she's more trouble than she's worth.

i mean it's more along the lines that training her is likely more feasible than one would realize in hhm.

and Cog does have lower res enemies like generals. It's not the most difficult thing to get various dudes down to low HP then let her kill them. Protecting her from getting swarmed and picked off is a problem, however.

But yeah in any metric of efficiency she's bad. i'll give her that.