FE7 PME: Pink Suit Edition

Welcome to Fire Emblem 7 Pick My Edits: Pink Suit Edition!

What started as an excuse to practice ROM hacking and figure out if Assassins pick up desert items became a full PME run by a single vote (see below). Now, not only will I be doing a run of Hector Hard Mode with a "horribly mutilated team" of units in suggested reclasses, but even the game itself will be horribly mutilated with all manner of silly edits.

How this works is that, for each character, I will be assigning them a new class as well as adjusting their growth rates. Their new growth rates will be their original growth rates, minus the generic growth rates for their original class, plus the generic growth rates for their new base class. I'll also be adjusting their weapon ranks and equipment to match their new classes. Editing their bases is not necessary- because of how a character's base stats are determined, changing their class is enough to accomplish that.

I'll try to use as many characters as I can, but I can't make any promises because A) I cannot recruit both Karel and Harken, and B) I am not very good at video games, even the turn based RPG ones, so I may find myself reverting to a core team of powerhouses.

Every character has already been reclassed, but other edit suggestions are still welcome.

These suggestions can be of any kind. Changes to weapon stats, putting new items in different locations, having Dorcas start out poisoned (this is something someone suggested and that I'm doing by the way), or simply giving things new silly names or other cosmetic changes.

Unit Reclasses:

1. Marcus (Paladin -> Assassin) @AnonymousSpeed
  2. Lyn (Lord -> Pirate) @Florete
  3. Rebecca (Archer -> Wyvern Rider) @Ether
  4. Geitz (Warrior -> Paladin) @eclipse
  5. Jaffar (Assassin -> Druid) @eclipse
  6. Renault (Bishop -> General) @eclipse
  7. Dorcas (Fighter -> Pegasus Knight) @Michelaar
  8. Vaida (Wyvern Lord -> Blade Lord) @Joe Cool
  9. Bartre -> Bardtre (Fighter -> Bard) @ping
  10. Heath -> Feath (Wyvern Rider -> Thief) @ping
  11. Canas -> Can-ass (Shaman -> Knight) @ping
  12. Eliwood -> Eligood (Lord -> Monk) @Dayni
  13. Louise -> LOffise (Sniper -> Sage) @Dayni
  14. Hector -> Hectorino (Lord -> Knight) @silveraura25
  15. Wil (Archer -> Thief) @HTAS
  16. Serra -> Serra-sama (Cleric -> Wyvern Rider) @HTAS
  17. Nino (Mage -> Mercenary) @garbaeg
  18. Lowen -> Lordwen (Cavalier -> Hector Lord) @Hylian Air Force
  19. Matthew (Thief -> Archer) @Kubson
  20. Wallace (Knight -> Fighter) @Kubson
  21. Ninian (Dancer -> Mercenary) @Kubson
  22. Harken (Hero -> Berserker) @Kubson
  23. Erk (Mage -> Soldier) @Tuvy
  24. Lucius (Monk -> Fighter) @Ruminant
  25. Farina (Pegasus Knight -> Mage) @Ruminant
  26. Pent to OnPent (Sage -> Sniper) @Shiinoobi
  27. Fiora (Pegasus Knight -> Dancer) @Pengaius
  28. Guy -> Dude (Myrmidon -> Cavalier) @Pengaius
  29. Nils (Bard -> Priest) @Pengaius
  30. Athos -> Sohta (Archsage -> Magic Seal) @Pengaius
  31. Dart (Pirate -> Myrmidon) @Dinkiniensis Pontifex
  32. Kent (Cavalier -> Cleric) @Dinkiniensis Pontifex
  33. Isadora -> I a soard (Paladin -> Swordmaster) @Dinkiniensis Pontifex
  34. Karla (Swordmaster-> Archsage) @Dinkiniensis Pontifex
  35. Sain (Cavalier -> Mercenary) @saucegoblin
  36. Rath (Nomad -> Pegasus Knight) @RexBolt
  37. Eligault (Thief -> Eliwood Lord) @RexBolt
  38. OsWing (Knight -> Wyvern Rider) @Interdimensional Observer
  39. Karel -> Kareling (Swordmaster -> Valkyrie) @Interdimensional Observer
  40. Florina (Pegasus Knight -> Cavalier) @Koumal8
  41. Raven (Mercenary -> Shaman [F]) @Koumal8
  42. Priscilla (Troubadour -> Nomad) @Garlyle
  43. Hawkeye (Berserker -> Nomad Trooper) @Garlyle

Other Edits:

Spoiler

@eclipse

Silver Blades have -2 Weight, +1 Might, and +10 Hit

Vaida's Uberspear is now the Sol Katti

@Pengaius

Halve the weight of all light tomes, rounded down

Replace all mines with Elixers

Dorcas will get an Antitoxin from talking to Natalie during his Lyn mode recruitment chapter

Glass only uses Lancereavers*

Start Chapter 11H with a chest key (+ a door key)*

Replace some of the Chapter 12 brigands with mercenaries and soldiers

Add more archers to the early chapters of Eligood/Hectorino mode

"Make Aion more threatening"

Edit enemies near Valkyrie Karel's spawn so (he?) is better able to survive

Replace the Monk near Nino with a Fighter

Give Vaida a Lancereaver

Denning has a 1-3 range bow called "The Messenger" with the item description, "This is a message from Lord Nergal, 'I await you on the Dread Isle'"

Berserk staff may backfire (?) <- I'm not sure if this is possible

Using an antitoxin when not poisoned poisons you

Vulneraries only heal 7 HP, but they have 15 uses

Iron Rune and Delphi Shield can be used as antitoxins (which may or may not poison the user if they use them while not poisoned)

In Battle Before Dawn, Zephiel "should be stupidly OP like the stats of BB hard mode Murdock op and use Ekesachs and have 20 movement with super aggressive AI"

@Interdimensional Observer

Short Bows have 1-2 range and +5 crit, but -1 Might and -15 Hit. They are buyable in Four-Fanged Offense and have 20 uses instead of 22.

Items which initially required a connection to Double Dash are now scattered throughout the game as follows*:

Spoiler
  • Eliwood will come with the Goddess Icon.
  • Lyn will have the Emblem Axe.
  • Hector will take the Emblem Lance.
  • Guy can have the Emblem Sword.
  • Lordwen will carry the Body Ring.
  • Bardtre can start with Thor's Ire.
  • Teodor doesn't drop anything as a boss, Ninis's Grace will now be his to give, he found it in the ruins and decided to keep it.
  • Erk can have the Secret Book.
  • Priscilla will have the Emblem Bow.
  • As a fond memory his dear sister, Raven shall carry the first Speedwing she ever molted
  • Dart can have the Dragonshield.
  • Legault will have the Emblem Seal.
  • Ninian can pack the Wind Sword.
  • Isadora will come not with one Angelic Robe, but TWO now.
  • Wallace can get the Dragon Axe.
  • Geitz will have the Talisman.
  • The Energy Ring, Farina shall bring, the last of the statboosters.
  • Karla can bring the Silver Card.

Thor's Ire gives +15 crit instead of +10

@Dinkiniensis Pontifex

All Steel weapons have -2 weight

Silver weapons are B rank, while Brave weapons are A rank

@Koumal8

Hand Axes have -2 Weight, -3 Might, +10 Hit, +5 Uses, and also target Res (as a Light Brand)

All magical classes have +10 base HP (?) <- Unsure on this one, I'll probably reduce the base HP of my own magical classes if I do this

All Fire tomes have +8 Might and +8 Weight

@Kubson

Devil Axe has 100% Hit, +2 Might, -2 Weight, and +15 crit

Dorcas starts his Lyn mode recruitment chapter poisoned

Batta only uses a Killer Axe

@Dayni

Regal Blade has the Luna effect

Rex Hasta has the Brave effect

Basilikos has the Nosferatu effect

Reinfleche is effective against Armors and Dragons (?) <- I'll have to check if they're in the same weapon effect slot or not

Excaliber gives Speed and Luck +3

Luce gives Magic and Skill +3

Gespenst gives Defense and Resistance +3

Slim Weapons have their might reduced to 0, but gain +10 crit for every point of might they would have had

The Gespenst Druid is now Teodor with boosted stats

@Garlyle

Bards now use the Dorcas Emblem bard animation*

@HTAS

Silver weapons hit their user

If you'd like to play along or otherwise share in this experience, I'll be releasing several patches. One will just be the unit reclasses, while I'll be playing with the "complete" patch.

Original Opening Post:

Spoiler

That's the right acronym, right? "Pick My Units" also includes "reclassing" them?

Anyway, hello everyone! Partly as an excuse to mess around with Nightmare and familiarize myself with it, partly as an excuse to figure out if Assassins pick up desert items, and partly as an excuse just to post some silly nonsense, I'll be starting a run of Fire Emblem 7 with the horribly mutilated team given to me by you! You plural. As in, all of you who respond with stuff to edit.

The premise is simple, post a unit from FE7 and their new class. The only reclass which will be predetermined is my pick, Assassin!Marcus, since he is ostensibly the point of the run. I would like to change every character (even if I'm not using them) because...why not? It's really so I can make this edited version into a patch for other people to mess around with.

I'll try to use a lot of them, but I can't make any promises because A) I cannot recruit both Karel and Harken, and B) I am not very good at video games, even the turn based RPG ones, so I may find myself reverting to a core team of powerhouses. I'm limiting it to one unit two units however many units you want to do per person.

For each unit, I'll be changing their class and also their growth rates. To determine the latter change, I'll be subtracting their generic enemy class growth rates from their personal growth rates, and then adding the generic enemy growth rates of their new class to those decreased growths to get their final personal growth rates. I'll probably do something different for Lords/Dancers/Bards but, like, I have no idea what.

Did I say "growth rates" enough times there? Anyway, I'll also be updating their starting equipment so they join with weapons they can actually use which correspond to their original equipment.

Oh yeah and also suggest any silly name edits you want, like renaming a unit to a pun based on their new class or giving items similarly ridiculous renamings. I'm not sure about gameplay/functionality edits so I put it in the poll.

Unit Reclasses:

1. Marcus (Paladin -> Assassin) @AnonymousSpeed

inb4 play Lyn Mode Dancer Lyn.

Original Poll Questions and Responses:

Spoiler

Play Lyn Mode?

Hector or Eliwood

Spoiler

Hectorino (18): Florete, Ether, Shimmerfang, Joe Cool, ranger016, ping, Dayni, Garlyle, coldhand25, Ruminant, Tuvy, Hylian Air Force, Pengaius, saucegoblin, Jules, Koumal8, Interdimensional Observer, Rose482

Eligood (7): Michelaar, HTAS, Kubson, NinjaMonkey, Shiinoobi, RexBolt, Sweet Summer Tana

Difficulty?

Spoiler

Hard (13):  Florete, Ether, Shimmerfang, Joe Cool, ranger016, HTAS, Kubson, NinjaMonkey, Tuvy, Shiinoobi, Hylian Air Force, Pengaius, Interdimensional Observer

Yes to the Above (12): Michelaar, ping, Dayni, Garlyle, coldhand25, Ruminant, saucegoblin, RexBolt, Sweet Summer Tana, Jules, Koumal8, Rose482

Should I make this a full PME run instead? So you can have 20 weight slim swords or whatever.

Spoiler

Yeah (13): Florete, Shimmerfang, Joe Cool, Dayni, Garlyle, coldhand25, HTAS, Ruminant, Shiinoobi, Pengaius, Jules, Koumal8, Rose482

Nah (12): Ether, Michelaar, ranger016, ping, Kubson, NinjaMonkey, Tuvy, Hylian Air Force, saucegoblin, RexBolt, Sweet Summer Tana, Interdimensional Observer

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Lyn (Lord -> Pirate)

Heck yeah pirates. Pirates are the best. Once you find an Ocean Seal, at least.

45 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

Vaida (Wyvern->>Lyn Lord)

have fun!!!

One Uber Mani Katti coming right up.

15 minutes ago, ping said:

Bardtre!

(if you don't think that a chapter 11/12 refresher is too OP)

Not at all, but even if it was, I wouldn't worry too much about balance for this. On the note of turning burly men into tiny bards, I'm actually doing a randomized FE7 run where Dorcas and Oswin are both Bards. It's not as powerful as I'd hoped.

1 hour ago, Kubson said:

Wallace (Knight -> Fighter)

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

My inner sadist demands Geitz (Warrior -> Paladin).

It is war, then.

Oh right Wallace and Geitz can't join together just realised that lol I dunno maybe a poll on who joins out of the two? If not, then Matthew (Thief-> Archer)

Edited by Kubson

Hm, I just realized something. How am I to recruit Karla when Bardtre can't promote? I'll have to think of something for him to promote into. Perhaps he can promote from Bard into Bard again.

9 hours ago, HTAS said:

How about Wil (Archer -> Thief) and Serra (Cleric -> Wyvern Knight)

I must ask you to just pick one for now, but I'll keep your other vote in mind for when the one vote per person rule is lifted.

2 hours ago, Kubson said:

Oh right Wallace and Geitz can't join together just realised that lol I dunno maybe a poll on who joins out of the two? If not, then Matthew (Thief-> Archer)

Well, technically you can get Wallace in Lyn Mode and then Geitz later. I was planning to do this so I could show off both of them, but I might put it to a poll later in the playthrough or, if the people demand it, before it. I put you down for Archer!Matthew for now, though.

The race between full PME and regular PMU is leaning towards the former, but it's a close race. At the current rate, I might close that question when the cast is reclassed.

5 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I must ask you to just pick one for now, but I'll keep your other vote in mind for when the one vote per person rule is lifted.

Oh, i didn't know that. I guess I pick Wil

6 hours ago, Tuvy said:

Erk (Soldier --> General)

6 hours ago, Ruminant said:

Lucius (Monk -> Fighter)

Hilariously, I had these same reclasses in my aforemention randomized run. Thankfully Lucius won't have a 5% speed growth now.

1 hour ago, HTAS said:

Oh, i didn't know that. I guess I pick Wil

That's fine, it is a bit unclear, looking back over it. Good to have a thief in case Marcus can't get those desert items.

Fiora (Pegasus knight -> Dancer) just to make triangle attacks harder

also as a note you might want to avoid reclassing nils, to make it easier to get 17?xpt2, he needs to bard himself to level 11 or something like that

also for the, split chapters, you can probably just re-order them so it plays Wallace level, Geitz level,(whatever came next I think it's uberspear chapter) And then both versions of pale flower of darkness, and recruit harken and karel in seperate maps

Edited by Pengaius

16 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Fiora (Pegasus knight -> Dancer) just to make triangle attacks harder

Double dancin' woot woot I don't even need to add a promotion for this one.

As long as the other two aren't also archers/dancers/bards, we're fine.