SFMM5 Game Thread- Town wins!

riariadne

also admittedly elie's defense is justified because the wagon came pretty fast to react to

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm

hold on i'm still . reading. what are the wagons currently? i would vote athena maybe elie still

this is a little harder cuz not all of the context is inthread (cuz oc). sorry for the twitterposts i'm um. you know

vi-astra-Today at 1:47 AM
i feel like athena is scum falling into the trap of misusing the word misrep i feel like we have had this problem before at sf

Via is town

Post chain was super pure

Marth making the contradiction in their Snike read is NAI because people make mistakes and messing up is human nature. I don't think that's actually scummy. As for other stuff Marth has done, well, nothing I remember. I'm gonna reach out 2 him.

Snike should be given a night because confirmable claim (is he still a wagon?)

Ya'll can lynch me if you want but but lynching Snike is probably one of the worse D1 ideas because Snike's not doing anything scummy. I'm still convinced that Marth is scum and I quoted in the main discord as to why but it revolves around him actively and intently avoiding the thread; if he's getting his information then it's coming from somewhere and i doubt that the uninformed majority would dump reads on his lap for cases to vote for. If ya'll think that's cool then please tell me I'm the wrong one so I can quit yammering about it

16 minutes ago, EvanManManMan said:

Post chain was super pure

This is their typical post style jsyk (you should see Grace back in their hayday)

8 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

hmmm

hold on i'm still . reading. what are the wagons currently? i would vote athena maybe elie still

If you vote for me please just restate your reasons because I think you usually have good cases and you're kinda like evolving your reads so I wanna know where you stand. If you vote for not me...eh same thing plz.

@Brooklyn PingPing

Basically he's being very aggro and the stuff he's saying against me makes no sense. Especially the part where I'm not playing OC like NOC or the part where I didn't call him out on his self meta, which is  ???? Feels very agenda heavy.

##vote: athena

I'm a littlw less keen on elie lynch, I just woke up & might be at work for rest of day phase

if I am need to consolidate I will

I will try to restate my case in an easier to read format but will be at work so bear with me

##Unvote
##Vote: Athena

Logs from Tuesday included (I haven't spoken to him since bc I was lazy af yesterday). I've bolded stuff I talk about later so that it's easier to follow.

sb added reinfleche to the group.Last Tuesday at 22:50
sb added Paperblade to the group.Last Tuesday at 22:50
[22:50] sb: hi
[22:50] Athena_57: hi there
[22:50] Athena_57: what's up?
[22:50] sb: not a lot really
[22:51] sb: i just wanted to talk to you bc apparently people suspect you and idk what went down
[22:51] sb: bc it seemed to mostly come from out of thread stuff
[22:51] sb: or at least omega does
[22:51] Athena_57: Did you read the logs between me and eclipse?
[22:51] Athena_57: There's also the me/evan stuff in thread yes
[22:51] Athena_57: That's probably what Omega is talking about
[22:52] Athena_57: I think he disliked the tone, but I don't know
[22:52] Athena_57: He hasn't spoken to me yet
[22:52] sb: i read the whole thread at once while discord was down and it kinda blurred together
[22:52] sb: so i should probs check back on it again
[22:52] Athena_57: mh, well after that me/eclipse happened
[22:53] Athena_57: she posted the logs and we've voted eachother
[22:53] Athena_57: I suppose you should read it and see how you feel about it
[22:53] Athena_57: I dunno, maybe I'm just angry
[22:53] Athena_57: But her case on me and uncooperativeness was just awful
[22:55] Athena_57: Any people in particular you feel I should take a look at?
[22:55] Athena_57: I'm kind of lost besides Eclipse
[22:55] sb: im bothered by snike but i need to talk to him again
[22:55] sb: to see if the trend keeps up
[22:56] Athena_57: Okay, I'll check him out, why are you bothered by him?
[22:57] Athena_57: And if you could give me a second opinion on Eclipse at some point that'd be great
[22:57] sb: yeah im reading the thread now
[22:57] sb: snike stuff is
[22:57] sb: to summarise it quickly i feel like his reads so far have been like
[22:57] sb: pretty safe/lacking
[22:58] sb: and i feel like he's kinda trying to focus on getting peope to trust him over
[22:58] sb: looking for maf
[22:58] sb: the first part could have changed since i last spoke w/ him bc i havent seen him all day
[22:58] sb: which is hwy i need to get back to him
[22:58] sb: lemme read the thread tho     // section 1
[22:58] sb: for elcipse
[22:58] sb: eclipse
[22:59] Athena_57: Okay, thank you, I'll keep it in mind
[23:00] sb: i remember not understanding really why she unvoted
[23:00] sb: when i first read
[23:00] sb: but tbh i never really read the initial votestuff that much in depth
[23:01] Athena_57: I dont even remember her placing an early vote tbh
[23:01] sb: im talking about her elie vote
[23:01] sb: or the unvote
[23:01] sb: i can see her making the initial vote as town looking at it
[23:02] sb: its not a strong vote but its not awful
[23:02] sb: i feel like im missing a lot of oc context
[23:02] sb: on that unvote
[23:02] Athena_57: I think that was
[23:02] Athena_57: the point where she latched onto me as scumread
[23:03] Athena_57: But wanted to check something before voting
[23:03] Athena_57: I hadn't actually looked at her elieson stuff yet
[23:03] Athena_57: Which is kind of sloppy from me
[23:04] sb: lol
[23:04] sb: i think theres a lot of info this game
[23:05] sb: so its hard to track
[23:05] sb: even early
[23:05] Athena_57: It's mostly that I didn't pay much attention to her
[23:05] Athena_57: Until she voted me
[23:05] Athena_57: And then acted on impulse without rereading here
[23:05] Athena_57: her*
[23:06] Athena_57: 'on impulse' meaning not literally on impulse

[23:06] sb: i think im like
[23:06] sb: gutscum on her maybe
[23:06] sb: but its not strong
[23:06] Athena_57: Did you get to the logs between the two of us yet?
[23:06] sb: i can see the stuff she's doing being justified as town but they're also the kind of pushes that are fine for scum to make i think
[23:06] sb: not yet
[23:07] Athena_57: Cause that what caused my scumread
[23:07] Athena_57: But ehm, you talking about this
[23:07] Athena_57: Makes me realize I should really reread Eclipse
[23:07] sb: mmm
[23:11] sb: i dont feel super off on those logs really just bc i think its the kind of thing eclipse would go after
[23:11] sb: im not sure on what i'd read her
[23:11] sb: not even sure its gutscum anymore
[23:13] Athena_57: Mkay, that's sort of similar to what I remember people saying on her meta at some point? That she tends to push tonal/playstyle stuff regardless of alignment
[23:14] Athena_57: Still, do you think town!her doesn't realize the misrep, doesn't care, is just mad etc. I don't know her at all so I don't know.     // section 2
[23:15] sb: its within her townrange yeah
[23:15] sb: i think
[23:15] sb: i wouldnt give her a pass totally but
[23:15] sb: i can see her doing it

[23:15] Athena_57: Okay, thank you
[23:15] sb: its kinda hard to read
[23:15] sb: np
[23:15] sb: aside from eclipse stuff
[23:16] Athena_57: Yeah, that's what I figured
[23:16] sb: what are yoru reads looking like now?
[23:16] Athena_57: ehm
[23:16] Athena_57: kind of a mess
[23:16] Athena_57: there was this evan stuff which has mostly disappeared for me now
[23:16] Athena_57: I disliked what I've seen from Omega, but people have told me he's been townie over chat
[23:17] Athena_57: And I've yet to reach either for a 1 on 1 coversation
[23:17] Athena_57: elie and snike look bad-ish, but both are being pushed already so why bother // section 3
[23:18] Athena_57: And I prefer not throwing out townreads to early
[23:18] Athena_57: Cause I've learned from my past games
[23:18] Athena_57: I tend to get stuck with them way too long
[23:18] Athena_57: When they're mostly just activity reads
[23:18] sb: its fine to have townreads as long as you revaluate them
[23:18] sb: but i can get the activity thing lol
[23:19] Athena_57: I agree with the townread on possible future town leader Brooklyn in any case
[23:19] Athena_57: So there's that
[23:19] sb: i see
[23:20] sb: what did u mean by
[23:20] sb: the why bother bit
[23:20] sb: w/ snike and elie
[23:21] Athena_57: If there's pressure I don't add much, I doubt I can add much in terms of questioing and if both turn out wagons I can take the people on the wagons into account
[23:21] Athena_57: In any case
[23:21] Athena_57: no need to rush with hopping on either
[23:21] sb: ic
[23:21] Athena_57: I'd like to talk with both, sure
[23:21] Athena_57: But I'm not about to vote either in the short term

[23:21] sb: alright
[23:23] sb: i wanna sleep soon bc im tired
[23:23] Athena_57: same
[23:23] sb: did u have anything to ask me or n
[23:23] Athena_57: nothing specific, no
[23:23] Athena_57: not yet at least, perhaps tomorrow
[23:24] sb: thats fine i just didnt wanna ditch if u did
[23:24] sb: good night
[23:24] Athena_57: Good night!

So, why don't I like Athena?

Section 1: I don't like the defensive approach they took to the game. I understand thinking that someone voted you for bad reasons  (I love you too Shinori) and then reading into their actions more closely, deciding that they're scum based off of that, but Athena is missing a step. It just looks super defensive, and the rest of the log supports this. 

Section 2: Athena's unvote phrasing is basically parroted from me here. It reads like frozen scum instead of town who agrees with the point imo, especially when I was also expressing uncertainty about eclipse, so it looks like they just wanted an excuse to get off of the vote they were being pressured for.

Section 3: It doesn't look like Athena is trying to be proactive with his scumhunting/trying to get better reads. They said "I don't have good reads apart from eclipse" but then they don't really care that much about what happens to Snike/Elieson which is questionable. In general it feels like Athena is really cautious this game and I think it's more likely to come from scum based on their comments so far.  

< Quote from SB's case >

"Section 1: I don't like the defensive approach they took to the game. I understand thinking that someone voted you for bad reasons  (I love you too Shinori) and then reading into their actions more closely, deciding that they're scum based off of that, but Athena is missing a step. It just looks super defensive, and the rest of the log supports this. 

Section 2: Athena's unvote phrasing is basically parroted from me here. It reads like frozen scum instead of town who agrees with the point imo, especially when I was also expressing uncertainty about eclipse, so it looks like they just wanted an excuse to get off of the vote they were being pressured for.

Section 3: It doesn't look like Athena is trying to be proactive with his scumhunting/trying to get better reads. They said "I don't have good reads apart from eclipse" but then they don't really care that much about what happens to Snike/Elieson which is questionable. In general it feels like Athena is really cautious this game and I think it's more likely to come from scum based on their comments so far."

On section 1: I don't have anything to say, this is my knee-jerk reaction and felt it was justified. How is this more likely to come from scum!me? You know from experience town!me does this as well, so at the very least it's NAI.

Section 2: I don't remember getting pressured for the vote, so I don't get this accusation. Me agreeing with you is not really a good point, I asked you specifically for a second opinion (so I was already not set on the read)

Section 3: I've got nothing. It's true I was a little lost and demotivated as a result.

Town reaction to bad case on them: This is bad, maybe there is more to this player, I will look into this more
Scum reaction to bad case on them: This is bad, you are scummy

I don't care that you were defensive on its own, but it doesn't look like a naturally developed scumread to me.

eclipse gave you pressure for the vote and you were in the spotlight in-thread for a bit. It also doesn't look like you actively dropped your scumread or anything or really tried to do anything with the eclipse read in general fmpov.

4 minutes ago, SB. said:

Town reaction to bad case on them: This is bad, maybe there is more to this player, I will look into this more
Scum reaction to bad case on them: This is bad, you are scummy

I don't care that you were defensive on its own, but it doesn't look like a naturally developed scumread to me.

eclipse gave you pressure for the vote and you were in the spotlight in-thread for a bit. It also doesn't look like you actively dropped your scumread or anything or really tried to do anything with the eclipse read in general fmpov.

The first thing is what I did though, I talked to Eclipse, once it became clear she didn't really care about how she misrepped me (I think using this term here is fair) I solidified my scumread.

Saying "Nice OMGUS" doesn't really count as pressure in my eyes, at least I don't give a shit about it.

at least I will say I got to talk to eclipse in private and I liked what I saw compared to what I've seen in thread 

52 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

##Unvote ##Vote:Elieson

https://pastebin.com/ktHqhx9L

Damn this shit juicy with content. I think it looks really bad for Elie and good for you on an individual level. Like these logs completely disprove the "Marth is scum for contradiction" point and I kinda saw this as what was happening despite having no insight on the situation.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Phoenix

Came 48 Hours into the game with empty townreads and pushing Marth based on how he was responding to discord pms, there was a fuckton of marth content and it felt like scum staying afloat.

Willing to consolidate on Athena, the fast read swapping looks really out of place in addition to SB's case. Marth lynch is bad and based on outdated info as I've said in discord. I don't personally see Elie scum.

Evan bothers me with potential White Knighting of KTS and tunnelling on Elie, but the KTS interaction is a clusterfuck of nonsense to me and there are safer lynches today. He's also been at least active in pushing cases and not staying on the sidelines, which I would prefer over Phoenix's nothingness and Athena's defensiveness / waffling. 

Dyachei bothered me early game but has stepped it up, not getting many pings there anymore.

I'm going to start collecting claims after D1 ends and attempt to bring some order into this game, I think this day has suffered from being fractured by playstyle differences as well as the split between NOC / OC. I think i've personally been talking to a wider amount of the player base along with my role being likely to be town, so we're gonna lead this bitch and see what happens.

One of the last votals of this day phase unless things get crazy:

Ampharos (1): acidphoenix
SB (1): Shinori
Elieson (5): EvanManManMan, Iris, Omega, Marth, Athena_57
Marth (4): Elieson, Snike, Weapons, Refa
Athena_57 (3): eclipse, Via, SB
Killthestory (1): CT075
acidhoenix (1): Brooklyn

There are 6 hours and 3 minutes left un the day phase. In unrelated news, a reminder you are allowed to edit posts in this game.

Edited by Reinfleche