SFMM5 Game Thread- Town wins!

riariadne

I'd like someone to talk to me about euklyd since I have logs with him but I have no idea what he's up to and I'd like to compare logs. Also someone talk to me about Blitz and tell me why he's town. Or Cam for that matter.

Also I think its poetic that the Grace and BBM roles are the only deaths and they happened in the same cycle.

##Vote: Kts

Feels like he's taking the roundabout way for lynching and that's scummy.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, EvanManManMan said:

@Athena_57 how is it physically possible to still have me as scum. I lead the lynch on Refa, I counterclaimed Refa, Refa FLIPPED MY ROLE and even tried to push a counterwagon on me at EoD2. How can you possibly put me with them?

> I lead the lynch on Refa

Many people were strongly advocating for it, so I wouldn't call you the leader. I feel Refa was pretty muched left to be lynched by his team, so bussing is definitely possible.

> Cc+role

A good point, though I'm not clearing you based on rolespec.

> Counterwagon

That wagon wasn't going anywhere, Refa was for sure the lynch so I'm treating his EoD actions as WIFOM.

Overall, yes, you advocating for a refa lynch and having role overlap pushes you towards town, but it wasn't strong enough to overrule my scumread on you. However, like I said, I like your D3 better, so I've dropped the scumread for now.

Athena, what was your role again?

Actually Snike's logic makes sense. I'm probably changing my vote, and there's more reasons why I don't feel like typing out atm.

I also realized that we may not be flipping back to OC by night phase (it makes sense with insomniac too) and I don't see any downside to claiming so I'll go ahead and say that during night phase, everyone will get to vote in secret on a player to investigate, and in the morning I'll get the result.

May have missed them, but did dyachei post her refa logs?

One sorta-read of Dya/Refa's logs, and I don't feel like lynching Dya today.  Those emotes are the worst, though.

I'm trying to decide if Marth's comments on Elie are of a bussing nature.  There's a definite tonal shift between his KTS and Elie reads.  But that requires one of them to flip first, so I'm going to leave that alone for now.  Don't mind the KTS vote, since it seems to be somewhat original logic.

Not sure what to make of Weapon's role.  If I had a role like that, I would've fired it off ASAP.

Fine with leaving my vote on athena; I wasn't that concerned with the role stuff but the immediate OMGUS and general defensiveness isn' giving me confidence

Jk im dumb that wasn't really an omgus

Still not a huge fan of how publically defensive athena has been. The eclipse shenanigans + "I'm gonna start looking into anyone that misreps me" is pretty terrible

5 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Athena, what was your role again?

Jack of all trades

1x comparison cop
1x busdriver
1x hijack

6 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I also realized that we may not be flipping back to OC by night phase (it makes sense with insomniac too) and I don't see any downside to claiming so I'll go ahead and say that during night phase, everyone will get to vote in secret on a player to investigate, and in the morning I'll get the result.

I think it would be best if we  decide who we're all going to vote for collectively / let town leaders decide and follow their lead to avoid us spreading our votes and losing control to a scumteam voting together. Does anyone have strong feelings regarding this?

1 hour ago, CT075 said:

Fine with leaving my vote on athena; I wasn't that concerned with the role stuff but the immediate OMGUS and general defensiveness isn' giving me confidence

"Gimme role info"

"no"

"Vote. Gimme role info"

"no, town leaders have it"

"OMG, so defensive"

Lol okay

1 hour ago, CT075 said:

Jk im dumb that wasn't really an omgus

Still not a huge fan of how publically defensive athena has been. The eclipse shenanigans + "I'm gonna start looking into anyone that misreps me" is pretty terrible

You realize my post RE: misreps was not an out of nowhere statement but a direct reply to Eclipse saying my vote was an OMGUS? Also, I don't see why looking into misreps is a problem. I can get seeing OMGUS as a scumtell, but misreps are a different beast altogether imo.

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

+ I don't get most of the scum reads on his slot. I get where Marth's scum read on him comes from, but I don't agree that Elie scum reading for questionable reasons comes from Scum!Elie. The other scum reads just make no sense to me, literally negative level sheepable here.

OH YEA I FINALLY REMEMBERED

I didn't really understand what this meant and wanted to know how you were even interpretting it, as well as I'm questioning if you think my Refa logs are faked or w/e

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

Because it's irrelevant at this point in the game.  AND it's something you could've done something about in the past two phases, if it was such a big issue.  Except you didn't.

9 hours ago, Elieson said:

eclipse: I'm bettin Elie's scum so here, have a vote

Elieson: If you think I'm scum, who else do you think is scum?

eclipse: Doesn't matter. You're scum.

Elieson: Try again. Who else to you think is scum.

eclipse: I said it doesn't matter. You're scum.

It's five zillion percent relevant who your damn other scumreads are, and if you refuse to give a straight answer on who you think is scum, then you're intentionally being a hinderance to scumhunting in this game. If you are wondering why I'm scumreading you now, this is why.

9 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

If Eli's entire case on me is for my D1 then that's a pretty terrible case to make.  Me not calling you out on your self meta and not participating in the thread is such a terrible argument I'm surprised that you're still committing to the tunnel. Wouldn't be surprised if he flipped scum, he's making easy cases on inactives instead of telling us why what they do is scummy.

If you missed my case on you from D1 that involves::

1. You voting for Snike for reasons which you never really stated having until wayyyy afterwards [Entirety of our OC logs] (Keypoint summary below)
    • bluedoom07/18/2018
      Yeah exactly
      So
      Why would I post in the thread?
      When I can talk to peeps
      Anyway
      Elieson07/18/2018
      because you're scum
      bluedoom07/18/2018
      My Snike vote is basically
      Shinori telling me that Snike had challenged walrein with a claim that his role was provable which made me think that he wanted to be leader

Then later snike backed off from wanting to be town leader which made me think that he was trying to undermine walrein for no reason
      Which seemed scummy to me

Then I talked with sb
      To ask him about his Snike vote because
      I didn't even know where people were voting given that
      We had the discord channel
      And then he told me to read the thread
      I did and was like Snike is a good vote

2. You comfortably placing a vote while claiming to have no knowledge of the game's votal status
  3. You not looking at things right out in the open and commenting about them, and instead, hiding your activity levels in OC while other players fill you in on what's happening

Then IDK what else to say. I've told you this stuff before and considering that you haven't yet brought anything new to the table outside of a flip on your original KTS thoughts which are arguably decent...

##Unvote (Marth)

##Vote eclipse

As I type this out, I realize that my scumread on Marth still exists but that I think that it may be more of a conflict of playstyle method that just got under my skin, rather than the initial reasoning of the weight of the SnikeVote in the first place. Seeing the Iris logs provides the consistency of thought flow that I really wasn't expecting but backs up his case good enough, leaving me to only think he's scum for #2 and #3. I weigh eclipse's dodging my "who is scum" question way more heavily than what I've got left of my marth read.

17 hours ago, EvanManManMan said:

@Athena_57 how is it physically possible to still have me as scum. I lead the lynch on Refa, I counterclaimed Refa, Refa FLIPPED MY ROLE and even tried to push a counterwagon on me at EoD2. How can you possibly put me with them?

you didnt lead shit fool dont forget where you came from 

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

One sorta-read of Dya/Refa's logs, and I don't feel like lynching Dya today.  Those emotes are the worst, though.

I'm trying to decide if Marth's comments on Elie are of a bussing nature.  There's a definite tonal shift between his KTS and Elie reads.  But that requires one of them to flip first, so I'm going to leave that alone for now.  Don't mind the KTS vote, since it seems to be somewhat original logic.

Not sure what to make of Weapon's role.  If I had a role like that, I would've fired it off ASAP.

It’s scripted specifically for N3

I can't get into elie's eclipse case because kts was doing the same thing (being closemouthed about his reads) which feels like a playstyle difference

I'm reading marth's posts

I have reason to believe both weapons and athena are town, which fucks with like all of my reads ever, and I can't really tell if elie is scum tunneling or town with a confirmation bias but he's the best scumread I got 

athena's role seems like scum could have it to have a shot at determining who the itp is but with what I know he's probably town which is frustrating 

marth's kts vote is pretty bad but I'm also still not entirely convinced kts is town

36 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

marth's kts vote is pretty bad but I'm also still not entirely convinced kts is town

there's nothing i can say that can change this, so if you could word this in a way that presents an opportunity for me to talk to you about either read, that'd be awesome 

NOC Votals 2

Elieson (3): Evan, Athena, Via
Marth (2): Omega, Killthestory
dyachei (3): Snike, SB, Iris
Snike (1): Weapons
Omega (1): dyachei
Killthestory (1): Marth
eclipse (1): Elieson

Deadline is in 25 hours 39 minutes. Speaking of deadline, we may have accidentally put deadline at a time that is bad for both of us, though I will at least attempt to post when the phase is over at the correct time. If that's the case consider the phase ended at that time and we will resolve the phase end properly as soon as we can.