SFMM5 Game Thread- Town wins!

riariadne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suspicious of how Iris entered the thread, especially with her response to via, which was kind of an overreaction. The thing is like 92% of the people we're wagoning today are in the same boat, where they lurk until the crowd focuses on them and then they suddenly show up. I really wish TL would do some active pushing here, especially if they're going to say that certain people are off the table. I think I will settle on voting someone who just hasn't really done much this game, and reevaluate later if we're not hitting scum.

5 minutes ago, Omega. said:

If you want Cam, then vote him. Vote the person you think is likeliest to flip wolf.

I wouldn't cry if Cam went, I don't think he voted anyone today either which is a terrible look.

He did vote me actually, because I refused to say whether I still had my cop. Also something about defensiveness I think.

18 hours ago, weinerboy said:

im saying the people who are confirmation biasing him do not have enough to convince me to change my own read. a lot of things are possible but that's how im looking at it. people are just driving a wagon on the hunt for information when they could just i dunno ask the guy what he thinks. look at eclipse's interaction with eli today for an example, that conversation was lop-sided and less about digging into elie's alignment and more about trying to get him to submit to some kinda guilt

Because his actions were that scummy.

6 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

We've been over this already in public chat when we were discussing whether I/Refa was going to be the lynch. I was a prime lynch option from Brooklyn at EoD1, then all of a sudden I wasn't deemed a viable lynch. I assume this gave scum a PR read on me. Why do you think they wouldn't block me?

The issue for me isn't that you were blocked.  The issue is that Refa's roleblock also had a tailor attached to it.  And comparison cop can be mafia-sided if there's a third party on the loose (which I haven't discounted yet).

So on straight roles, I'm on the fence.  I'll deal with content later.

BUT, as a suggestion: If you used the comparison cop, got a match, and are sure that at least one side is town, do let them know.  Being able to clear people will help the game.

3 hours ago, EvanManManMan said:

For the record i think Athena is being truthful about the joat claim, and this is the issue with calling them scum. A busdrive and hijack can be wolf abilities for sure, but a comparison cop is ? Like if scum, she lied about that ability and the likely truth would be it's a rolecop but why not be open about that

I'm pretty sure Athena's being truthful about the JoaT claim, too, but being truthful about it is null IMO.

---

Y'all talked about a bunch of people, in a very short amount of time.  So rather than trying to correlate who did what (because I'm short on time), I'm going to do the scummy thing and list off what I think.

Elie - The sheer amount of projection he's doing is scummy, and I won't be opposed to his lynch.  Refa's mention of him in his readslog pinged me, and I still haven't figured out why.  I don't buy the solo thing, since his team could be AWOL or something.

Marth - His current content is interesting, especially that KTS read.  It's something different, doesn't feel like a scum push, and something that I'd like to keep around.

KTS - Still null on you. ;/

Athena - This slot confuses me.  On night actions alone, he's absolutely null, no thanks to Refa's hook also being a tailor.  He would've been a prime investigation target, no matter what is alignment.  His tone is way better in this phase than D1, and he's talking about other people.  And then there's those Refa logs, which sound genuine (as opposed to faked).  While I have my paranoid doubts, I don't want to lynch him today.

Snike - What he mentions in Iris' log is how I feel IRL.  He does the wild theory thing as both alignments (see: fake SFMM5), so I see that as null.  Maybe one day we'll both have the time and energy to talk to each other, because I have no read on him whatsoever.

Iris - On one hand, she's been pretty unmemorable.  On the other hand, she mentioned something to me shortly after I finally logged on, and that's making me hesitate.  Her tone's different from the beginning of the game, but she also mentioned packing for a trip, which would be enough to explain it.  I'm not fully sold on this lynch, but IMO it's a better option than Athena.

Cam - He was in "get info" mode when I talked to him D1/N1 (no logs, 'cause it's via SF PM).  I'm not sure what to make of that.  Like Iris, he has something that's making me hesitate, and that's Refa logs - namely, he shows the same caginess around Refa.

Euklyd/Euklyd's other half - This is a total null read for me.  No interaction whatsoever, other than what's been posted in-thread.

I'm going to post this, see what those new posts are, then continue (if I don't get called away again).

Wait, weiner subbed in for Euklyd, and new guy subbed in for Blitz.

I wasn't scurmeading Blitz, but that was an early read, and he disappeared.  No interaction with new guy, so this would be a mostly-null lynch for me.

Trash reads, sue me.  This is not a good time of year for me.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The issue for me isn't that you were blocked.  The issue is that Refa's roleblock also had a tailor attached to it.  And comparison cop can be mafia-sided if there's a third party on the loose (which I haven't discounted yet).

So on straight roles, I'm on the fence.  I'll deal with content later.

BUT, as a suggestion: If you used the comparison cop, got a match, and are sure that at least one side is town, do let them know.  Being able to clear people will help the game.

I'm pretty sure the hook/tailor were separate roles? His role PM had him declare targets for both separately from what I'm reading.

I'll check the logs you posted RE:Cam now

2 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

I'm pretty sure the hook/tailor were separate roles? His role PM had him declare targets for both separately from what I'm reading.

I'll check the logs you posted RE:Cam now

Right, I took over BBM's reading skills for that role PM.  Then yeah, really not interested in lynching you.

I don't want Cam today bc townreading him at various points in the game (it kinda fades in and out) and I gave him a chance at phase end yesterday to change my mind on the lynch. He was townreading Refa but didn't use the opportunity to convince me so it's either down to choosing between buddies or Cam is probably town? So if you want to lynch Cam I'd say Athena would have to be scum with him for it to make sense.

I'm not advertising my reads on everyone for a reason.  At least one person is somewhat town to me on role - but to reveal that person and that role would be the equivalent of me claiming in-thread.

Of my nulls, I have the least strong feelings on 10%/Snike/acidphoenix, followed by Iris.  I like my vote where it is, since I feel that Elie's actions are that bad.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

ON REREAD:

Everyone voting Cam, thoughts on this?

I'm not going to pretend I know what a faked log looks like. I could waffle on how this doesn't really discuss reads but I don't really know where that leads me.

What I do notice however is that Cam's tone is super different than ITT. I'm not sure whether this is because he's talking to a scumbuddy, or just because he's talking to someone he enjoys talking to / it's a 1 on 1 conversation. Has anyone (who knows him reasonably well) spoken with him over PM's? Is his tone similar to that in these logs?

Just now, Athena_57 said:

I'm not going to pretend I know what a faked log looks like. I could waffle on how this doesn't really discuss reads but I don't really know where that leads me.

What I do notice however is that Cam's tone is super different than ITT. I'm not sure whether this is because he's talking to a scumbuddy, or just because he's talking to someone he enjoys talking to / it's a 1 on 1 conversation. Has anyone (who knows him reasonably well) spoken with him over PM's? Is his tone similar to that in these logs?

I did.  Notice how Cam has said very little to Refa, despite the length of the conversation?  He was in info-gathering mode with me as well.

7 minutes ago, SB. said:

I don't want Cam today bc townreading him at various points in the game (it kinda fades in and out) and I gave him a chance at phase end yesterday to change my mind on the lynch. He was townreading Refa but didn't use the opportunity to convince me so it's either down to choosing between buddies or Cam is probably town? So if you want to lynch Cam I'd say Athena would have to be scum with him for it to make sense.

Was this somewhere in public or private? If the former, could you link it, if the latter, do you think scum!him would've had a shot at convincing you there?

2 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

Was this somewhere in public or private? If the former, could you link it, if the latter, do you think scum!him would've had a shot at convincing you there?

This was kind of a dumb question maybe, but I'm not sure whether I would've gone for a risky defense of my buddy in that spot, which is why I'm asking