SFMM5 Game Thread- Town wins!

riariadne

9 minutes ago, Iris said:

egregious

ngl I did have to google this word since I haven't heard it use in years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Like my Snike "read" (or lack-thereof), I don't have a read on Iris. I'm currently more flared up in making my thoughts understood, and trying to form a read on Iris at this stage is not something that I can do because it mixes my emotions with my reads and that's not cool for anyone. If you want an Iris read, then when Iris and I reach an understanding on each other's positions with the Snike thing, then I can move on to making reads at the conclusion of our discussion.

. . .I don't like this one bit.  Pure defense this early is not a town tell, even for you.

on: wagon. I think it's kinda ok on the first half.

Brooke wanted to prove role so etc.

i think the in thread looks like a kinda catch by sb so his voting me looks ok.

i'd like to think we dealt with that in oc last night but i'm not certain given no vote shifts.

that being said i do take issue with the  last 2 votes, Refa less so than Marth.

refa at least had the excuse around that time in chat he said he ran out of scumreads but marth has not said a word to me nor have I heard much abiut him.

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth.

currently contemplating the ethics of an elie vote. I'm a little hesitant about Evan but I trust yolo and iris and elie was nullish to me. To chew, or not to chew?

would also be interested in what people think about cam rn.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Pure defense this early is not a town tell, even for you.

You'll see an offense from me when I find something I'm prepared to push. Can't rush perfection :D

Shinori - Today at 2:52 PM
[9:00 PM] sb: i actually had a weak itp read on you that was genuine
[9:01 PM] sb: based on you tryharding more earlygame than i remember you doing in previous oc

Elieson - Today at 2:52 PM
nice
thx for the source
is that in thread? if not, can i just post it
Shinori - Today at 2:53 PM
No it's not in thread. You can post it but it's not anything big.

Good God I've been waiting for this

My mom has a brother, so. . .

##Unvote

Still reading through SF public chat.  Omega's a player, and Discord is scum for cutting out associative reads.  And no, I'm not going to lock this thread, because I'll probably forget to open it.

1 minute ago, dyachei said:

@eclipsewas it you that had the meta read on Elie? Can you go over than in a bit more detail? Like what makes up his meta as town/scum? Does that change w/ OC games?

I'm a snarky asshole when I'm scum, typically

and I'm usually pretty prone to putting myself out in a negative spotlight for doing dumb things to generate reads, as town

I'm doing more of the former and less of the latter, I'd wager is eclipse's thought process on my meta atm

1 minute ago, dyachei said:

@eclipsewas it you that had the meta read on Elie? Can you go over than in a bit more detail? Like what makes up his meta as town/scum? Does that change w/ OC games?

I know him as the guy that will break RVS SPECTACULARLY, by doing something so ridiculous that he'll end up with a bunch of votes.  The game goes on from there.

Haven't played OC in forever, but Discord was down at the time, so I treated that section as NOC.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I know him as the guy that will break RVS SPECTACULARLY, by doing something so ridiculous that he'll end up with a bunch of votes.  The game goes on from there.

Haven't played OC in forever, but Discord was down at the time, so I treated that section as NOC.

So you think he's scummier here than town because he didn't break RVS? Is that the general gist?

Just now, dyachei said:

He didn't break RVS?

RVS was breaking by the time I showed up. The game done stole my thunder!

Just now, dyachei said:

So you think he's scummier here than town because he didn't break RVS? Is that the general gist?

Him dedicating a bunch of responses to defense is null.  Him not getting anything out of those responses is what pinged me.

I really want to solidify town reads, so I can go back to my usual OC shenanigans.

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Him dedicating a bunch of responses to defense is null.  Him not getting anything out of those responses is what pinged me.

I really want to solidify town reads, so I can go back to my usual OC shenanigans.

ok, thanks. Do you have any solidified reads?

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

Supposedly that's brooklyn.

Apparently I'm an OMGUS Mayor.

>_>

I had a good laugh when reading about that.  Not enough swearing, though!

Just now, dyachei said:

ok, thanks. Do you have any solidified reads?

Working out a couple of scum reads.  Rereading this thread one more time to make sure I have the proper context.

4 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

Having no detail in itself is not a problem, but if you continue to push an undetailed case for flimsy reasoning it looks like you're finding evidence to support your existing case rather than using evidence to develop reads and build a case. If the reasoning was initially there, it looks better.

Where I'm at right now with reads is a few small gutreads which continue fluctuating and my stronger one on you.

My read on you remains because your defensive tone bothers me.

Where are you at?

. . .what?  There's pushing people, and then there's scum pushes, and this feel like the latter.  Problem is, I can't point out why this feels so tonally. . .off.

The reason why I wanted to reread the public chat thread was to make sure I wasn't taking this out of context:

[9:20 PM] Athena: Hello everyone, I'm here on a phone and have no idea what I should be doing. If you're a scum member who wants to pocket me or a townie interested in a conversation, feel free to hit me up. Alternatively, if you're slightly less desperate, you can wait until I have access to a computer in roughly 8 hours.

The additional context is a whole lot of nothing.  You're pushing people in-thread, yet (apparently) not doing anything in OC.  If you want to talk to people, go start up a conversation.

##Vote: athena_57

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The additional context is a whole lot of nothing.  You're pushing people in-thread, yet (apparently) not doing anything in OC.  If you want to talk to people, go start up a conversation.

##Vote: athena_57

That's exactly what I'm doing and have been doing the past few hours? That post from chat was from 12 hours ago or something

Saw a log in OC that Eclipse is talking about, and I'm inclined to sheep it, as the second most scummy slip out there next to Marth's empty Snike vote.

Which as it turns out, OC EXISTS! This is why we cite stuff in thread kids!

[12:21] bluedoom: Yeah I think he's sus of you for that,  I was wondering why you voted snike after giving that explanation
[12:21] sb: i thought the way he got his read on me initially was fine but im not sure how i feel about him after i talked to him post-vote
[12:21] sb: wdym on the snike thingg
[12:22] bluedoom: Uh in that
[12:22] bluedoom: You voted snike
[12:22] bluedoom: In spite of having the read on shinori?
[12:22] bluedoom: Itp read that is
[12:22] sb: my read on snike is stronger tho
[12:22] sb: why is that part weird
[12:22] sb: lol
[12:23] bluedoom: I haven't seen the thread
[12:23] bluedoom: I'm just going off of what shinori told me

You voted for Snike, without reading anything and going by hearsay. That laziness can only sort of get by in OC in which no one sources, but we're not playing that game yo

Just now, Elieson said:

the second most scummy slip out there

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Athena: If you're a scum member who wants to pocket me

This, I mean. There's some meaning in here, beyond what it says at face value, I'm positive