Nintendo themed banner

SuperDK

Am I the only person that thinks that it would be incredibly cool if Intelligent Systems released a banner of non-Fire Emblem Nintendo characters like Link or Zelda. I feel like there are several characters that would make great units in FEH, but I realize that the chances of this are pretty slim. Still, I believe that the concept is great. I would even be happy if they maybe did some sort of cosplay Halloween banner. Like instead of making the characters dress as monsters and witches, the characters would dress as other Nintendo characters. I think it would be both cool and hilarious to see someone like Elise in Mario costume attacking enemies with a hammer (axe). They could even make it a mount by having a horse Yoshi. 

I can see this maybe happening when Super Smash Bros Ultimate drops (and honestly it'd probably be a Nintendo-themed Seasonal banner instead), but outside of that, nah.

I can't deny that I would like to see this, but I agree with Zangetsu, we need more FE characters before we consider characters from other franchises. Especially Binding Blade. I don't think anyone from Binding Blade has gotten in since... Sibling Bonds, when Klein got in?

No,

I'd be okay if they were FE characters dressed up as Nintendo characters,

or better yet, since we've gotten hats, they could do quests for things like a Mario hat

No. Not when the series still has a lot of its own characters to add in. Accessories based off of other Nintendo franchises wouldn't be a bad idea though.

No thanks, I think Fire Emblem Heroes is doing just fine without having to dip into Nintendo's other franchises to boost sales. Besides, this is Fire Emblem Heroes, not Super Smash Heroes and I don't want to see five Link/Mario/Kirby alts before characters like Deen, Cynthia and Silas are put in the game. I would be okay with accessories though like Mario's hat, Zelda's crown or putting a Pokeball on someone's head.

Edited by NSSKG151

Like the rest here, I have to agree that we have more than enough FE characters to even be thinking about adding characters from other franchises. However, I would love some sort of cosplay banner though, or accessories like Link's or Mario's hat.

The day I want any sort of crossover will be the day that seasonals stop being A Thing.  The FE series has a gigantic cast, I don't need another existing character in a costume!

I wouldn't mind accessories based off other characters, providing they're not too intrusive, and I originally liked the idea of them dressed up as different characters but I'm just so bored of seasonals now as a whole, honestly.

Absolutely despise the idea of other Ninty characters getting into FEH. Not only do I not get my favourite character for the tenth Lyn alt, but now I have to worry about Link, etc, as well. And if they make them powercrept compared to the FE characters... No.

Nope. It's Fire Emblem Heroes. Not Nintendo Heroes. Cosplay banner could be cute, but I don't need to see (as much as I love them) Link and Zelda in FEH. Not when there's hundreds of FE characters still not in the game.

Also, I doubt IS would ever do it because they don't have the rights to those characters and if they were given permission, would have split some of the profits or (most likely) pay a hefty sum to use such characters. And they probably don't want to split profits or pay a big sum for one banner. Hiring artists is one thing, getting permission to use a copyrighted character is another.

Edited by Dandy Druid

I could have sworn we had this topic before.  I could see them doing some accessories, but anything beyond that, I'd rather not.  We have enough alts already, and I don't think non-FE characters should be in at all.

This topic tends to pop up quite a bit on r/FireEmblemHeroes; it gets shut down immediately for basically the same reasons: the Fire Emblem franchise as a whole still has a lot of characters to introduce into the game. It’s also not in the financial threshold to activate Desperation 3 to add non-FE Nintendo characters to boost sales. And the game is called Fire Emblem Heroes, not Super Smash Bros. SRPG (strategy roleplaying gacha).

At most, I can accept FE characters cosplaying as various non-FE Nintendo characters, new accessories such as Link’s hat or Samus’s helmet, and the addition of characters from Fire Emblem spinoffs (ie. Emma and Shade from Cipher, Itsuki and Tsubasa from Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE, Rowan and Lianna from Warriors, Al and Tiena from the Hasha no Tsurugi manga).

If someone really wants Link, they should just add Astram. Blonde in green with a powerful sword who is a Hero, close enough. 

2 hours ago, Lemmy said:

other IS games like Nintendo Wars or Codename Steam I woudn't mind, but anything else I'd rather not have included. 

Sami would give Infantry just the buff they've been needing with Victory March. And I'd love a broken team of AW2 Sturm, Caulder, AW2 Kanbei, and Eagle for Lightning Strike (Galeforce for all!).

Tinman for a ranged refresher and Scarecrow for some kind of unique debilitation would be fun. Lion Launcher (with innate Firesweep to avoid an enemy phase mess) would have some potential tactical value.

Although this might not be the best place to ask it, any way they could make a Smash mobile FtP game? 

I wouldn't mind promotional characters being a thing if they are a one time thing or something like that. If they do add non-FE characters though, then I would prefer they add characters that look like they belong in the world. Or at the very least nothing that feels too out of place.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sami would give Infantry just the buff they've been needing with Victory March. And I'd love a broken team of AW2 Sturm, Caulder, AW2 Kanbei, and Eagle for Lightning Strike (Galeforce for all!).

I want Sasha to give me an extra 10% Orbs on the Orb packs, Hachi to reduce the price by half, and Colin to double my inventory Orb count.

Edited by XRay

No, I'd rather keep Heroes to being FE-only. I like this game letting you mix characters from all the FE games themselves, not other series.

Edited by Alkaid

14 hours ago, SuperDK said:

Am I the only person that thinks that it would be incredibly cool if Intelligent Systems released a banner of non-Fire Emblem Nintendo characters like Link or Zelda. I feel like there are several characters that would make great units in FEH, but I realize that the chances of this are pretty slim. Still, I believe that the concept is great. I would even be happy if they maybe did some sort of cosplay Halloween banner. Like instead of making the characters dress as monsters and witches, the characters would dress as other Nintendo characters. I think it would be both cool and hilarious to see someone like Elise in Mario costume attacking enemies with a hammer (axe). They could even make it a mount by having a horse Yoshi. 

With the accessories, I lost hope seeing FE characters cosplaying and using weapons based on other Nintendo IPs. I'd rather have Oliver dressed as Mario using a Fire Flower that functions as a red Reinhardt instead of settling with his cap. A shame, because Smash is a turning point for the franchise