• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Sumia hits like a noodle with 30 atk. Though she's got 39 speed

Libra has great mixed bulk and decent speed. His attack is also great

Maribelle is better Elise

Olivia is pretty much herself. 30/34 offense

Walhart is a slow heavy hitting tank with shit res. His weapon is pretty good. +4 to all stats if number foes is equal or more than the number of allies within three spaces. Plus +3 defense

33 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

DAZZLING STAFF IS NOW IN THE REGULAR SUMMONING POOL

THANK YOU MARIBELLE

Also, Libra looks kinda meh skills-wise (though Wo Gun probably has some units that want it... I'm thinking Anna might like one) and I'm guessing he'll drop, Sumia interests me, and Olivia... She looks quite nice. Chill SPD & Guidance alone make me like her, and Skuld is pretty neat as well. Not sure how useful Bracing Stance will be on her, but eh.

I'm gonna have to try Red/Colorless > Blue > Green. I know in my heart that this banner is bait, but I don't care. I want.

Also, for the story chapter, we got our first look at Hrid... Doesn't look like he's doing too well. If he's the next legendary hero, he may be joining Gunnthra soon in two ways. BY WHICH I MEAN HE'S GONNA DIE

One final thing: How does Olivia dance on a pegasus? Seriously, how does that work?

Am I only one who thinks Shigure should have been a flying dancer? He’s a default Flier.

Anyway, I’m choosing colorless, then Red. I need another staff user, since I only 2 Elise and Lyn. I want Olivia because I love Olivia.

@silveraura25 

Spoiler

Better Elise? How so?

At least Libra sounds alright stat-wise. And Sumia's lowish ATK makes sense to me since she's got Fierce Lance.

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

Am I only one who thinks Shigure should have been a flying dancer? He’s a default Flier.

Anyway, I’m choosing colorless, then Red. I need another staff user, since I only 2 Elise and Lyn. I want Olivia because I love Olivia.

Nah, I thought that too at first. But he wasn't a Dancer in Fates, so I see why his regular version isn't one here either.

Same with me, except I'm going Colorless > Blue. I want Maribelle, and Sumia would be fine by me as well.

Ugh, I hope my wallet can handle this. I want Staff Valor and another flying Dancer.

I'm so excited for Mari <3, not only does she have a great kit she has better offenses than Elise. Bulky Sumia? Mine in Awakening was a force to be reckon with but she was frail. Btw, y'all should check out Olivia's damaged artwork, it's uh interesting. 

I found the datamined stats (Walhart looks good there too, looks like he will be an awesome free unit) but where did you find chill defense skill @silveraura25?

Anyways the banner is a pass for me, but will do one full summon with the free redeem.  I think Awakening and Fates still dominates this game, so would have rather we got Binding blade or Tellius, but at least this Awakening banner includes some actual new faces that were popular characters in that game rather than alts and kid characters.  Sumia, Maribelle, Libra (okay he wasn't that popular), and we get an alt of Olivia.  Dancing sword flier with PRF weapon, well of course an alt would be the star.  Still.  Anyways as far as ranking I think it is

1. Flier Olivia.  The only sword flying dancer in the game, PRF weapon, solid stats, and fantastic hard to get skills.

2. Maribelle. Elise has been surpassed, and Maribelle already comes with Dazzling staff meaning you just do wrathful upgrade and you are set!  Also staff valor for training the very slow leveling of healer units.  

3. Libra. The Wa do axe hits the normal pool.  Great stats as well.  Infantry axe is hardly exciting but still.

4. Sumia. The weapon and position B skill actually can make her attack really good so she can be a monster.  Thing the skill and weapon can go on one of the better lance fliers.  Her speed is superb indeed though.  

We have Catria. We have fucking Maribelle, who I am so hyped for. Just one more IS. Just one more and my trinity of favourite characters will be complete, and I'll be completely satisfied with this game.

Anyway... I'm now very much aware of why people call special banners bait. They suck your orbs dry, then your favourite character comes, and you freak out. Boy... I see a whole lot of colourless in my future.

Trilemma is an interesting weapon and definitly not a Arena defense weapon. 

There is a multitude of ways to use this weapon and it makes some matchups more easy if it works correctly. 

For example could use this weapon in a normal team for mire advantage or in a team that runs TA for even more sturdyness. Or you run this weapon in a team with a unit that runs Cancel affinity in the BSlot. example: Roy with special refine could suddenly also tackle Blue unit. 

Also reinhardt with Cancle Affinity can become more random with her in the Team lulz. „Oh your green reinhardt got hit by Tridillemma and killed then off by Rein?!?! Too bad!“ thank god cancel affinity cant bevused by tomes lol

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am surprised by Olivia's artist, AKIRA.

AKIRA made the original Olivia too, and this is a way better job! Flying Olivia looks amazing!

Now we only need a 4th Olivia for Olivia Emblem.

He's actually not bad to begin with, his art for FGO fro 2015 is even better than original Lonqu, Olivia and Hector. 

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

'cause waifu 

That is a fine Olivia indeed, I would try that. I don't have a lot of dancers, and Ninian did heelp me a lot. Olivia's skills look really good for me, wonder what her stats are.

Rest is, OK whatever.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

Wait for the second Shigure alt. Flying lance dancer.

It's nice to have a proper 1st Gen Awakening banner at least. I know Awakening already had a lot of reps via seasonals, but it's good for Awakening fans who want other actual new characters as well (3 out of 4 new ones ain't bad).

Libra is a nice and welcome surprise. Low-key want to summon him just so I can have him fight vs Lucius while the BHB is up.

I like the art, except Maribelle's. At least she's a good unit with those tasty skills.

I will try for Skylivia/Maribelle first in 1 or 2 summons. Then wait for legendary banner before continuing. At least they're in the main pool so I have no rush, but I guess not sharing a colour means it's also good to pull.

I really like Maribelle and Libra, Sumia is ok and a third Olivia is meh, but alright. Still wanted this to be a Fe6 banner so I can't help but feel disappointing by Awakening yet again.

So they reverted to the "Wo Dao" convention for the weapon naming instead of Harmonic Lance's naming pattern. And yet, the translation team still gives me a reason to hate them. Why the everloving fuck did they feel the need to put the tone marker on "gun" when neither "wo" nor "dao" gets one?

It already bugs me that none of the old weapons have diacritics (because they didn't have diacritics in the source material), but all of the new weapons that have diacritics in their names get diacritics.

Olivia has the best art of the bunch. AKIRA really knocked it out of the park this time. Most notably for me, at least, the new Olivia doesn't have the absurdly thing waist that the original Olivia had.

Sumia's art is also excellent. Everyone who was saying that Pikomaro should stop doing art for Heroes should go sit in the corner facing the wall and reflect on their sins.

Libra's art is good and pretty par for the course for Miyajima Haru. Seems their art is pretty consistent.

Maribelle's art is definitely the weakest. Mostly her really wide head. It's reminiscent of original Xander's head.

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Funny thing is that harmonic lance is Wo Mao in the Japanese version.

Wo Mou.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@Ice Dragon Perhaps they got a new translator(s) to work on the game.

The Wo Gun or the diacritics?

The Wo Gun's localization is shit because of the diacritics inconsistency. My personal opinion is that inconsistency is unprofessional. Either retroactively change older translations to match or keep in line with the older translations.

The general inconsistency of diacritics and special characters (mostly the eth characters everywhere) is mostly due to the old games not having those characters in their font sets. The GBA games only had diacritics in the font set for the EU release, for example. However, that's again no excuse not to retroactively change older translations.

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Three non-alt units on a New Heroes Banner. And none of the three with a personal weapon. Watch them really party like it's 2017 by having two demotes

Hey IS? This is your best opportunity to slip Kellam into the 3-4 star pool.

I honestly would be unsurprised if Sumia ends up demoted as well. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also yes, that would be an amazing plan. He'd totally be a TT reward though.

So, I'd like to pull Maribelle. If Olivia didn't have Sword Uror I wouldn't have anything else to be focused on this banner. Either way, C > R > B > G.

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Wo Gun or the diacritics?

The Wo Gun's localization is shit because of the diacritics inconsistency. My personal opinion is that inconsistency is unprofessional. Either retroactively change older translations to match or keep in line with the older translations.

The general inconsistency of diacritics and special characters (mostly the eth characters everywhere) is mostly due to the old games not having those characters in their font sets. The GBA games only had diacritics in the font set for the EU release, for example. However, that's again no excuse not to retroactively change older translations.

Inconsistency for the wo daos really is mind boggling for me. I do wonder if they don't have any full-time translators and are just relying on freelance translators who happen to be available

Not going to deny that this game has had a rough localisation. Though if they were to change names purely for the sake for being correct, it would cause confusion for players who are already use to the older names. Then again, they did something similar with ally menu

Edited by silveraura25