Sharena: Princess of Askr

Corrobin

Like her brother, Sharena has been derided for a weak personal weapon, mediocre stat distribution and a lack of IVs or merges, but with the new weapon refinery, she can now be better!

43/32/32/29/22

Sharena is balanced. Aside from her Resistance, no stat is awful, but they're not exactly great, either. I'm a little stumped as to builds, but here's the most obvious one.

Princess of Bonds (Double Bond build)

Spoiler

Weapon: Fensalir, refined for Speed/Defense Bond
Special: Flexible, but I say keep her default Rally Attack.
Special: Moonbow
A: Bond skill, but flexible as to what type. Attack/Speed or Attack/Defense would be my first picks.
B: Flexible, but first instinct is a Breaker or possibly Renewal.
C: Also flexible. If you're on a budget, stick to Fortify Defense, but otherwise, Tactics, Threatens, Drives, Spurs, your choice.

Well, since her lance ups bulk, there's always the possibility of a Steady Breath EP build. You could do a budget build that runs fury and potentially takes a different refine to make mixed phase performance a little easier—the unique refine would still give better results, but bond skills can be a little tricky to run on PP from my experience with Lucina and Fjorm. There's always the brave lance/DB/attack +3 meme build She's not the best at it, but it's still a decent build. If you really wanted to be difficult, and since her res isn't actually bad per se, just not particularly good, you could give her warding breath, berkut's lance, and distant defense to get her res up to effectively 43 before buffs. Then you could sort of run a mini Brave Ike type build where you get hit twice and smack them with a special on the player phase. Slaying lance would work for that as well and let you run aether, though then you might want to switch to steady breath since she wouldn't have the +7 res of BL.

I will say it seems like she wants QR pretty much no matter what if you're going for an EP build.

For something a little more thought out:

Weapon: Fensalir (Unique)
Assist: Reposition
Special: Moonbow, Dragon Fang, Ignis
A: Atk/Spd Bond, Atk/Def Bond, Steady Breath
B: Quick Riposte, -Breaker, Atk/Def Link, Renewal, Chill Attack, Chill Speed, Chill Defense
C: flexible
S: Quick Riposte, Close Defense, Attack +3, Atk/Def +2

This could probably stand to be separated into a couple builds since there's a lot of pieces there, but generally, turns her into an EP unit who can rescue a glass cannon out of range, and then benefit from the bonds to kill an enemy.

With full attack and defense stacking, i.e. Atk/Def bond, Atk/Def link, and CD, she can hit 57/37/51/28, which isn't too shabby, though you have to sacrifice something for QR.

The 4 charge specials are only if she's running Steady Breath, and Bonfire is only if she's def stacking since my guess is that she'll be doing more damage with the others if she's capping her def at Fensalir's bonus.

She wants QR somehow since even with a double speed bond, she's only actually hitting 42 speed, which isn't quite enough to double particularly well in arena or AA anymore, so her B or S is based on whichever isn't QR.

EDIT: I'm a dope and forgot SB boots cooldown on both units' actions, so you'd want to run 4 cooldown specials.

As a disclaimer, I haven't tested any of these, so they very well may be crap. I guess my point is, don't feel obligated to limit yourself to what seems like the optimal build.

As a disclaimer, I haven't tested any of these, so they very well may be crap. I guess my point is, don't feel obligated to limit yourself to what seems like the optimal build.

EDIT: that last part is in twice because I couldn't figure out how to get it out of the spoiler.

Edited by bottlegnomes

• 1 month later...

Having summoned a Spring Kagero from the Legendary banner, I gave Sharena Spd/Res Bond for enhanced Arena shenanigans. It's working out pretty well-- combined with Close Def 3 seal and Def/Res Tactics, the only thing she really struggles against are green armors with Bold Fighter (I usually have to weaken them first with someone else). Pretty satisfying to have her take out Myrrhs and Faes though.

• 2 months later...

With the release of the Attack/Defense Bond Sacred Seal, Sharena can now run a triple Bond set.

My immediate reaction is for her A slot to be Attack/Speed. Her weapon has Speed/Defense and the seal is Attack/Defense, which means that she gets +10 to Attack, Defense and Speed, which is bonkers.

Or you could go Attack/Defense in her A for +5 Speed, +10 Attack and +15 Defense. Or Speed/Defense for +5 Attack, +10 Speed and +15 Defense.