If Lyn mode continued

Florete

What if Eliwood and Hector weren't the only choices for Ch11 to the end? What if Lyn could remain as the protagonist? What kind of changes or additions to the story do you think could/should be there to make it work?

Don't stick too tightly to FE7's box, either. What if, in a theoretical remake, they planned for this option from the start? What path do you think it could take?

For me, I've always found it a little odd how the attack on Lyn's tribe, the Lorca, isn't made a very big deal. Sure, it comes up a few times, but it's always something people kind of forget about in the grand scheme of things, so I wonder if it couldn't be connected to anything else.

Any other ideas?

Personally, I think it's fine if the Taliver never really amounted to much outside of giving Lyn a reason to leave Sacae. Sometimes, not everything has to be connected. Isolated stuff happens all the time.

That said, for any hypothetical remake, I wouldn't say it's a bad idea to have a special chapter about Wallace wiping them out, as he says in his supports with... I forgot who, but he says that's why he was in Bern by the time he shows up again in the main game. Unless that can be integrated in the main game, but then it would kinda conflict with Wallace being a route-exclusive unit. Who knows...

honestly, neat in concept, but that would lock lyn's promo to EVEN LATER possibly making her compete with roy for spot of worst lord ever, and i would not want to have to drag her along as a wasted deployment slot.

that being said, you could get an insight into the nomadic way of living that the tribes take, and the politics of sacae were never really explained in fe7, not at late route split yet in my fe6 HM run yet so might be missing out info.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

What if Eliwood and Hector weren't the only choices for Ch11 to the end? What if Lyn could remain as the protagonist? What kind of changes or additions to the story do you think could/should be there to make it work?

Don't stick too tightly to FE7's box, either. What if, in a theoretical remake, they planned for this option from the start? What path do you think it could take?

For me, I've always found it a little odd how the attack on Lyn's tribe, the Lorca, isn't made a very big deal. Sure, it comes up a few times, but it's always something people kind of forget about in the grand scheme of things, so I wonder if it couldn't be connected to anything else.

Any other ideas?

It would be kind of difficult to implement, since Lyn's personal stake is to avenge the attack on Caelin and keep it safe from further incursions. She is there for that purpose and to support Eliwood and Hector on their righteous quest.

They could have made it an Lyn exclusive chapter, a sidechapter at that, for her to get her just revenge against the Taliver.

Edited by DiogoJorge

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, for any hypothetical remake, I wouldn't say it's a bad idea to have a special chapter about Wallace wiping them out, as he says in his supports with... I forgot who, but he says that's why he was in Bern by the time he shows up again in the main game. Unless that can be integrated in the main game, but then it would kinda conflict with Wallace being a route-exclusive unit. Who knows...

I agree with this. It would be a shame if the remakes made Lyn go avenger - I find that Wallace hindering her to do so to be a integral part of his character, even if it's only addressed in his Lyn support. Maybe it would be an option to let Lyn Mode start as Wallace Mode in chapter 11, before the focus goes back to Lyn in chapter 15 (which would have her escape the castle)? Wallace would have to recruit a few helpers along the way because four chapters with only one playable character seems like a HORRIBLE idea, but those could be the Lyn Mode exclusive characters. Hector Mode has a couple of those, too, after all.

Wallace being route-exclusive would have to go away, of course, but that doesn't seem like an unsurmountable problem.

17 hours ago, ping said:

I agree with this. It would be a shame if the remakes made Lyn go avenger - I find that Wallace hindering her to do so to be a integral part of his character, even if it's only addressed in his Lyn support. Maybe it would be an option to let Lyn Mode start as Wallace Mode in chapter 11, before the focus goes back to Lyn in chapter 15 (which would have her escape the castle)? Wallace would have to recruit a few helpers along the way because four chapters with only one playable character seems like a HORRIBLE idea, but those could be the Lyn Mode exclusive characters. Hector Mode has a couple of those, too, after all.

Wallace being route-exclusive would have to go away, of course, but that doesn't seem like an unsurmountable problem.

Well, I'm not sure if his campaign against the Taliver should be the focus of what should be Lyn's focus before Ch15. Honestly, I don't know if there can be something to give Lyn around 4-5 chapters before the meet-up with Eliwood and Hector. I can see at least one where they all escape the castle, but not sure what could be added as well, and it can't be all about escaping the Laus attack.

Regarding Wallace, I still think it's more suited for a one-chapter thing than a mini-campaign or something. For that, I could think that if he had any help, it'd be the other route exclusive people. Just as a way to give all four of them (Wallace, Geitz, Harken, Karel) some screentime considering two of them aren't going to be seen in the main campaign.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I think it's fine if the Taliver never really amounted to much outside of giving Lyn a reason to leave Sacae. Sometimes, not everything has to be connected. Isolated stuff happens all the time.

20 hours ago, ping said:

I could see the relevant parts of Lyn's and Wallace's supports being integrated into the story and Wallace himself just no longer being route-locked. The revenge could be a motivator for her but over time she comes to realize it's not good for her.

I think it'd be a nice side story. Similar to how Hector mode gets his own set of chapters, hers could too. It could start off by having Lyn, along with the knights of Caelin (maybe you get Wallace for a few chapters) wiping out the Taliver bandits. Then, a messenger from Caelin tells them about Laus' occupation, so they travel back to Caelin which leads it directly into the Noble Lady of Caelin chapter, maybe a slightly different map but keeping the same general starting positions, possibly more to the south with Caelin castle in the middle. Wallace will probably go back to retirement and leave your party, coming back in Four-Fanged Offense. Similar in gameplay to FE9 Gatrie, really.