Bound Hero Battle: You of the Dark (Leo & Elise)

SatsumaFSoysoy

After Hinoka and Takumi previously, two siblings from Nohr are here to challenge us instead.

Map

Hard & Lunatic

Spoiler

xQVqCe8.png

Infernal

Spoiler

VpjrQI3.png

Infernal Enemy Stats

Leo

Spoiler

HP: 63
Atk: 46
Spd: 24
Def: 28
Res: 33

Weapon: Brynhildr (SP refine)
Assist: 
Special: Blazing Light (charged)

A: Atk/Def Bond 3
B: Quick Riposte 3
C: Savage Blow 3

Elise

Spoiler

HP: 48
Atk: 45
Spd: 35
Def: 21
Res: 35

Weapon: Gravity+
Assist: Recover+
Special: Kindled-Fire Balm

A: Spd/Def Bond 3
B: Live to Server 3
C: Fortify Cavalry

Axe Dragoon

Spoiler

HP: 57
Atk: 52
Spd: 30
Def: 39
Res: 21

Weapon: Poleaxe+
Assist: 
Special: Bonfire

A: Steady Blow 2
B: Lunge
C: Spur Def/Res 2

Archer

Spoiler

HP: 59
Atk: 42
Spd: 27
Def: 32
Res: 17

Weapon: Brave Bow+
Assist: 
Special: Noontime

A: Atk/Spd Push 3
B: Guard 3
C: Spd Smoke 3

Lance Cavalier

Spoiler

Atk: 49
Spd: 27
Def: 28
Res: 33

Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
Assist: 
Special: Iceberg

A: Swift Stance 2
B: Pass 3
C: Hone Cavalry

Lance Dragoon

Spoiler

Atk: 52
Spd: 30
Def: 29
Res: 21

Weapon: Slaying Lance+
Assist: 
Special: Aegis

A: Heavy Blade 3
B: Flier Formation 3
C: Drive Def 2

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strategy

- Leo will be sitting at 35 Def after Fortify Cavalry, 40 with his Bond active. Any 2-range unit with defense less than that can't double him. Luckily, he's not a factor at all on turn 1, when the buffs are all active.

- Simply throwing a Lightning Breath/DC Dragon like any Tiki or a Green dragon at the first chokepoint is quite effective.

- Placing a Green unit left of the bridge makes Leo go left, and the remaining formation should be much easier to deal with.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

About par for these BHBs in terms of difficulty, with the usual trivialisation by fliers. Leo is a tank, my plan of using Summer Corrin as per usual for these maps could have backfired but fortunately F Grima did just enough to soften him up.

Definitely a job for flier emblem. I put F!Grima just under the right-most pillar (with support from Camilla, NY!Camilla and Brinian), and she easily devoured the 4 units in range. Picking off the lance Cav and Leo was easy after that.

Myrrh and Ephraim basically took this on by themselves. Actually, Myrrh can handle everything but Leo. She might even have been able to handle him, but his blazing special nukes her QR out of commission. But yeah, move Myrrh up and she eats the fliers, Elise, and the archer. Back everyone off(stupid gravity, stupid pass) and then Run Ephraim in to slaughter  Leo and the sapphire lance.

Armor emblem destroyed this map. Elise not having dazzling staff made this much easier than it could have been.

Dropped Grima in range of the fliers, archer and Elise, killed all of them on the first enemy phase, then finished off the remaining 2 cavaliers.

@mampfoid I somehow managed the twin miracles of being awake at the battle’s beginning and not being too brain-dead to come up with stuff. Then again, this one was fairly straightforward, as far as one-turns go.

I chuckled after reading the opening dialogue. Clearly Leo has not studied the art of the one turn checkmate.

One-Turn

Spoiler

Only Caeda fights

Spoiler

This one was supppper easy, I’m surprised. Just used L!Ephraim. Erikia, LA!Eliwood and LA!Hector. 

And I didn’t even use this team on purpose, I was just doing the fire blessing thing and just went straight over and was surprised I got Infernal on 2 tries.

Just made Eliwood go up top to kill Leo/Blue lancer, and everyone else Hector pretty much mopped up.

I deployed summer Tana for the vital task of sniping that one poleaxe wyvern rider from a river tile. (The rest of team was normal Reinhardt, Azura, and I think Thracia Olwen?) Apparently, one of my maneuvers was able to separate Leo and the blue cavalier from the rest of the group, allowing me to pick off Elise, the archer, and the infernal exclusive pegasus knight while Leo and the blue cavalier fucked around and went around the river.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Leo, master of tactics

It isn't his fault that the AI had him prioritize your Santa Chrom since he's a green.

Though yeah, that's what he did in my clear too since I'm pretty sure my legendary Hector was sitting in that exact spot as your Chrom. Anyways, this one was complete piss and fell to my Arena team of my three +10 5*s (Klein, Cordelia, Soleil) and legendary Hector who was a glorified overseer in my first attempt.

Bridelia, Micaiah, Bridian, and Skylivia. I took Micaiah because she could have the power to murder some horsies, I took Bridelia because fliers, I took the flying dancers because they could inflict some good buffs on the team.

Turns out, Micaiah does have the power to OHKO even the bulkiest of horses. She couldn't OHKO Leo because of refined Brynhildr, but she also didn't take damage from him, so it somewhat balances out.

Vimeo keeps uploading since more than 50 minutes, so first some comments:

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Leo, master of tactics

Clearly he is calling reinforcements.

Thanks for opening the topic. 

25 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Aera @Usana @kirauza343 @Khid @DefyingFates

This one was pretty easy, I did it first try which is why I was running away from the Sapphire Lance even if it was unnecessary

Sapphire doesn't scare Eirika, that we already knew. What is cancel affinity for? Congratulations!

Btw: I've decided to build a mixed team around Eirika and Nino, but I don't know yet how to distribute buff skills. 

16 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid I somehow managed the twin miracles of being awake at the battle’s beginning and not being too brain-dead to come up with stuff. Then again, this one was fairly straightforward, as far as one-turns go.

I chuckled after reading the opening dialogue. Clearly Leo has not studied the art of the one turn checkmate.

One-Turn

Hide contents

Only Caeda fights

Reveal hidden contents

Cool clears like always, congratulations. I thought Leo could bring up something better for us by studying our clears before . Surprised by your starting approach of the one turn clear, good we didn't do the exact same thing. 

Btw: Video keeps uploading ... 

16 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy He’s clearly about to flank you and wipe out your army from behind. Using his own sister as a sacrifice to hold your attention is just part of the ruse.

Seriously though, I laughed much harder than I should have at that.

As long as he wins, any method is fine! Except he didn't...

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It isn't his fault that the AI had him prioritize your Santa Chrom since he's a green.

Though yeah, that's what he did in my clear too since I'm pretty sure my legendary Hector was sitting in that exact spot as your Chrom. Anyways, this one was complete piss and fell to my Arena team of my three +10 5*s (Klein, Cordelia, Soleil) and legendary Hector who was a glorified overseer in my first attempt.

Blaming Fate(s)

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Clearly he is calling reinforcements.

But no one came...

With female Grima this was an utter joke. In first enemy phase she killed everything aside of lance cavalier and Robin. The reistracted movement didn't hurt me with a dancer in my team. In turn two Cordelia killed Leo and tanked the cav. 

Would be funny if Grima could kill everyone in first enemy phase. I want oneturning too.

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid @kirauza343 

This battle is hard to the point that I have to change Roy B skill to Escape Route but it's fun. Roy is the MVP for luring them out. Azura survived with 1 HP risking her life to save Roy. Leo is troublesome, I have to ORKO him with no other choice. 

Enjoy the show as always ^^

Edited by Ginko

Leo & Elise in one turn:

Water means Fliers, stacked enemies means no big trouble for my team. Nothing special, only Elincia needed to lower her attack a little to get the quad. Looking forward to the next Legendary map. 

Leon and his harem of dancers took care of this handily.  I think PA!Azura/Flying Olivia is necessary for the stat buffs (otherwise he fails to KO Leo, IIRC).

Baited everyone by killing the axe guy, pulled a dancer out of the way, and the rest was history.  Probably should've run Bowbreaker for a more consistent clear.

Edited by eclipse

@mampfoid Wow, you whip those out fast. Nice one turn victory though. Funny enough I used the same team you used to clear all difficulties except I was using H!Nowi instead of Elincia. Speaking of Elincia, only had Life and Death 1 on her?

Used my Team Awakening Kiddos to clear this one. F!Morgan, Gerome, Lucina, and Noire cleared it with some minor difficulty but nothing crazy. The main challenge was the Brave Bow archer. 

Flashing Blade seal on Noire together with Blazing Wind seems to be working quite well so far!