Bound Hero Battle: You of the Dark (Leo & Elise)

SatsumaFSoysoy

@mampfoid For some reason I figured Smite would have come into play here -- I blanked on the whole Fliers + Reposition thing.  Whoops lol

My own clear took a bit of trial and error.  The enemies are annoyingly well-placed for my brand of enemy-phase units.  It certainly encourages a more proactive approach, but I stick to my own style.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

For some reason I figured Smite would have come into play here -- I blanked on the whole Fliers + Reposition thing.  Whoops lol

I could have integrated Smite or other skills here, but my first try worked so I got a little lazy. 

19 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

My own clear took a bit of trial and error.  The enemies are annoyingly well-placed for my brand of enemy-phase units.  It certainly encourages a more proactive approach, but I stick to my own style.

Good you kept your playstyle, looking good! Throw a tree at Shanna, she doesn't care, lol. The beginning seemed a big tricky, but after that your squad gained control very fast. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid You are right, Roy should warp to Shiro and finish Elise after Azura dance him. That will finish the map perfectly and Siegbert doesn't have to take his aunt's Gravity.

Your one turn clear amaze me too, this map force you to downgrade some skill again. I think it's fliers only to one turn clear this map.

@mcsilas I will wait for your video. As you know, I never miss any of yours even if it's late.

It's my first time to use Eascape Route this way. I just want to use Roy mimic Leo and narrow Elise to death lol.

@kirauza343 Marisa's Ignis looks scary. She would actually one round that blue flier if she had Wrath. Brilliant way to use Cherche as a bridge for her teammates.

Edited by Ginko

17 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Your one turn clear amaze me too, this map force you to downgrade some skill again. I think it's fliers only to one turn clear this map.

Fliers certainly make it a lot easier. Theoretically I could bring horses to clear the right side, but then the Archer has got Guard equipped, so I didn't bother. 

@mampfoid

Nice job, as usual! Interesting, to initiate with Elincia. It looks like I wouldn't be able to replicate that with Caeda unless I set her up with Brave Sword+/Life and Death, and removed Summoner Support (hahahahaha like that would happen).

@kirauza343

Guidance shenanigans are best shenanigans. I'd keep running Celica/Tana/Julia as one of my Arena cores if I could get away with it. But wow...Hit and Run → Guidance combos, that was awesome! Also, Micaiah tanking a Brave Bow.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Master of tactics, indeed, haha! I actually considered trying to use that corridor to split the enemies for my own clear, but it ended up not being necessary.

@Ginko If Escape Route was intended to be used as a defensive skill, you wouldn't know it after watching your clear. Congrats!

@kirauza343 I'm going to have to find a use for the Guidance seal on my Morgan someday, your clear was awesome! Also, that Lance Dragon must have gone through a complete spectrum of emotions when she took 42 damage immediately after taking 0.

For my clear, I baited Elise and the Bow Fighter with Lyon, and then used Fjorm and a tree to separate the Cavaliers from the fliers. Everyone except Klein had at least a little bit of Enemy Phase combat.

Armours stomped Infernal. Distant Def seal + Draug meant Tharja took 0×4 from the brave bow dude. Meanwhile, Hardin was busy up top tanking Leo and his pals, with LA!Hector helping with his Goad Armour.

...Bold Fighter is obnoxiously powerful.

15 hours ago, Hilda said:

That stupid Axe Flier is killing my solo buzz with  Clair... if only there was Wrath or steady breath available to flyers ._.

You doing all-melee Flier Emblem? Tried that once, and swore it off. My Summer Camilla just has the default kit and an atk seal, with Juicy Wave refined for speed.

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

You doing all-melee Flier Emblem? Tried that once, and swore it off. My Summer Camilla just has the default kit and an atk seal, with Juicy Wave refined for speed.

no no i am just trying to solo the map with Clair. The other units have no skills equiped ecxept for WoM or Escape Route or Repostion to get themselfs out of the way. Clair can kill 5 of the 6 units, but she cant kill the Axe flier. too bulky for her.

On 7/22/2018 at 4:33 AM, Hilda said:

Had this one cleared with the Askr trio after the 3. or 4. try, after that i went into stripping as much useless skills as possible and stripping off 5 Star exclusiv skills.

Please consider crediting the artist in your videos. This is their Reddit/Tumblr

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Aera @Usana @kirauza343 @Khid @DefyingFates

This one was pretty easy, I did it first try which is why I was running away from the Sapphire Lance even if it was unnecessary

Your Eirika makes everything trivial. ;____; With the Flashing Blade, she just makes everything instantly easier.

@mampfoid Nice clear! It's always fun seeing units defeating enemies with exactly enough attack. Will you be pulling for Elincia merges on the upcoming Death Blow banner?

Couldn't bait Leo with his charged Special after horse buffs so I decided to bait the Bow Fighter. BH!Roy needed the QP seal to activate Galeforce for some hit and run tactics but pretty straightforward clear overall. 

Edited by tobuShogi

32 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Nice clear! It's always fun seeing units defeating enemies with exactly enough attack. Will you be pulling for Elincia merges on the upcoming Death Blow banner?

Thanks!

No, I won't go for 5* exclusive merges, with the only exception being Roy. If I get additional copies of Elincia somehow I wouldn't complain though. 

34 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Couldn't bait Leo with his charged Special after horse buffs so I decided to bait the Bow Fighter. BH!Roy needed the QP seal to activate Galeforce for some hit and run tactics but pretty straightforward clear overall.

Horses still work, no big problems for you. Did you have trouble in any Infernal map with that team so far?

I did a dragon only clear without DC which was quite fun. Flying Tiki and Myrrh are an awesome couple. 

On 7/23/2018 at 2:25 PM, mampfoid said:

No, I won't go for 5* exclusive merges, with the only exception being Roy. If I get additional copies of Elincia somehow I wouldn't complain though. 

I don't pull for 5* exclusive merges either but I might start doing that for arena if I can't consistently get back into tier 20. I'm also in an awkward position with BH!Roy and Elincia where they have a good boon but their banes could be better so I always debate if I should pull for another copy(especially Roy since he only has been rerun once) whenever one of them show up on a banner. I hope they don't tempt me with a Galeforce banner.

Horses still work, no big problems for you. Did you have trouble in any Infernal map with that team so far?

GHB wise, Valter, Camus, and Takumi gave me the most trouble but Takumi definitely takes the cake. I think it took an hour to figure out the Infernal map. Takumi was difficult because Skadi's Panic Ploy effect discourages sticking together and my horses would very much like to be adjacent to their teammates to receive cavalry buffs so I had to take Takumi out before his bow's effect went off. 

As for BHBs, I was either lazy or too busy at the time but I didn't try Corrin & Azura's BHB with my horses because the starting positions weren't favorable for the player. 

I did a dragon only clear without DC which was quite fun. Flying Tiki and Myrrh are an awesome couple. 

I know that you like fliers but do you usually pull for them if they play a new role? I wanted to pull for SS!Takumi given how good BB!Cordelia is but given my recent history of pulling off focus 5* characters, I decided to not tempt fate.  

Edited by tobuShogi

7 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I hope they don't tempt me with a Galeforce banner.

A Galeforce banner would be cool, I could go for Roy and Cordelia copies while trying to get my first Lyn. Every additional Lyn would serve as GF fodder. 

8 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I know that you like fliers but do you usually pull for them if they play a new role? I wanted to pull for SS!Takumi given how good BB!Cordelia is but given my recent history of pulling off focus 5* characters, I decided to not tempt fate.  

Yeah, usually I try to do that. I nearly failed to get Corrin last summer and I utterly failed to get Bow Hinoka and Grima. I don't need Hinoka anymore since I got a Takumi, but Grima would be nice. 

----------

I can't edit the area below the following quote, so find my answer here:

Corrins BHB should be doable with horses while difficult. 

8 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

As for BHBs, I was either lazy or too busy at the time but I didn't try Corrin & Azura's BHB with my horses because the starting positions weren't favorable for the player. 

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Zeo @Rafiel's Aria

Leo not moving until a unit was in range made things somewhat difficult but nothing a good hit-and-run won’t fix.

I’m not sure why but I ended up doing multiple clears for this BHB.

Still running that new Odin team since it’s pretty darn fun to mess around with. This one ended up being a lot more Odin focused than I was intending. I liked how it turned out though.

Poor Marth was just there for reposition and buff Odin in the last one. Marth and Priscilla can be more than just Odin’s buffbots. I also managed to finally find a use for Obstruct so I guess keeping around some extra Lukas paid off.

And finally, this BHB wouldn’t be complete if Niles didn’t join Odin in the revolt against their lord (and Elise). I use Niles often but I was still surprised by how well he took care of certain enemies. Flashing Blade was the perfect replacement to his Quickened Pulse here.

I had a plan to use Trilema to let Odin survive against a buffed Leo but sadly it didn’t really come into play because Maribelle doesn’t have the res to survive him either and I couldn’t find a way to take her out of his range.

@mampfoid Yeah, he’s my newest toy now that I’ve given him a team so of course I’d be eager to do more with him and his teammates.

Oh, obstruct was used to prevent Leo from just waltzing up to Marth and nuking him with that annoying pre-charged Blazing Light of his. He might be able to take physical hits like a champ but magic is a strict no.

I know! I couldn’t believe how well they worked together. I’ll definitely try to run them together as much as I can. As far as ally support goes, I prefer to keep Odin’s support with his great ol’ grandad Marth. Marth is just capable of taking him to greater heights.

8 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh, obstruct was used to prevent Leo from just waltzing up to Marth and nuking him with that annoying pre-charged Blazing Light of his. He might be able to take physical hits like a champ but magic is a strict no.

Yeah, Marth tanking the Brave Archer with zero damage was quite nice.