Bound Hero Battle: You of the Dark (Leo & Elise)

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Hilda I was curious how Karrel would deal with the two remaining lances while having only 3 HP left, the answer was "with style Wrath."

That Wrath/Vengeance/66HP combination is really crazy stuff. 

yeah at single digit HP you can basicly ignore the Weapon triangle with Karel and Vengeance lol

@Alexmender It did seem a bit unnecessary to fall back. There was a lot more deliberation in this clear than I'm used to from your vids where everything just gets crushed under Eirika's might. Better safe than sorry though. I'll say The highlight wasn't her dealing with the Sapphire Lance+ cav but she how utterly indifferent she was to Leo's special proc and subsequent attack.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Leo's masterful use of tactics actually played a recurring part in my clears funny enough.

@Ginko Brilliant use of Escape Route to use the teleport combo to get both Roy and Azura out of trouble. I was impressed with how easily Roy dispatched Leo. A bit surprising that you didn't use him to teleport at the end to kill Elise, but I guess you just wanted to give Shiro the kill.

@mampfoid Impressive as always. I'll bet that Flashing Blade seal is only going to make things even easier for you down the line. Looking forward to the coming legendary map and seeing how you deal with that. 

@kirauza343 Top notch positioning here. I've never, repeat ever seen use of that island at the bottom of the map. I don't think I've even payed attention to that until just now. The Brave Bow+ archer having Guard actually worked in Micaiah's favor here as well. I rarely see clears with such unique and masterful use of Guidance.

@NegativeExponents- It's just a marvel seeing Odin doing things other mages do just because it's Odin. 

Second clear was a really close one. Priscilla lacking the oomph to kill that Brave Bow+ archer saved your bacon. Camilla having just enough damage to kill the flyer at the beginning was a thing as well. Odin still cleaned house at the end though, making for a perfectly synergetic clear. Also if Marth is going to be a unit you use more often I highly suggest refining his Falchion. It's just too good of a boost to just about any team.

Last clear was my favorite. Niles just rocked the map. The Flashing Blade seal is just too beast, music was on point and the two of them dominated.

@Hilda Nice Karel clear! Still no justification for him being *5 locked, but he can be a beast as you've clearly shown.

@Vaximillian @Rezzy @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Usana @Glennstavos @SilvertheShadow @Quintessence @Poimagic @DarkLordIvy @eclipse @Raven@mcsilas

Looks like I'm one of the last ones to post my clear this time around. From guests coming to my house to a bunch of other life stuff. Things have been extra busy. I actually did the recordings a day or so ago but just haven't had the time to put them up. As a result I'm even more late than I usually am but I'm here all the same so let's do this. 

This one seemed intimidating at first and it took a couple of tries initially, but once I cracked it everything just unraveled. The key was actually not striking the first blow and putting myself too far out this time around. Kind of letting the enemies come to me in even more of a passive fashion than usual. No fancy repositioning or teleporting skills like in most other clears. Just taking everything and subsequent kills cause my Matthew team is a bunch of bosses. Leo was a bit of a problem though as no one but Matthew (with his buffs active) could survive his initial attack so I made use of his idiotic approach to greens by careful positioning of Inigo on the second turn. That was the second key to victory. After that, everything else was cake. 

Now the Morgan team clear. It's funny. The more I do clears with this team the more I'm noticing not only how rarely Morgan actually uses that Close Counter, but that Ninian is starting to outshine him on the team. Don't let that fool you though. Ninian is a dragon and they're absurdly powerful, but Morgan's RES Smoke and tome buffs on her are simply so gamechanging that it puts her offensive power on par with other Dragons. She just zaps things.

Everyone played a part here, but Morgan took a backseat to Ninian and Amelia. Still, his role is crucial and together, they trivialize the map almost moreso than the Matthew team. (Technically they did as I cracked the map in one or two less tries.) Also Leo being stupid again for good measure.

Finally the last clear. First, no. Don't get used to this still, 3 clears is not going to be my norm. I just kinda wanted to do a third clear somehow and themed clears are something I don't do particularly often. I just noticed I had the units and decided to take a crack at it and it worked out.

This is a Tellius clear. Probably the easiest clear of them all and took the least tries. Initially I was surprised at how easy it ended up being, but then I realized I forgot how ridiculous Legendary Ike was and that I'd been using him for Lunatic GHB solos, then it all came back to me. My +SPD Micaiah actually showed her worth here as well. With a simple hone SPD buff she was able to double the Sapphire Lance+ cav which was the key to victory. Enjoy the last clear.

I usually add special art to the thumbnails for my videos, but these cut ins were so synergetic (which was not intentional) that I just had to leave them as they were. Anyways, done and done. Let's see what Walhart has to offer in the next few days.

Cheers~

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Very good clears! In the first one Matthew took the spotlight tanking Leo's attacks and then proceeding to destroy the rest. Ayra taking care of the Sapphire Lance cav was a nice touch. 

For the second one, I'm still extremely impressed by how strong Ninian can be despite what her stats tell. Tanking and destroying almost all the map was so cool! 

And for the last. I'm not the biggest fan of RD!Ike but he's a really effective unit when it comes to tanking and dealing tons of damage back. It was surprising to see Leo survive an Iceberg-boosted hit from Micaiah but I guess that's what inflated stats do on top of a nice base Res. 

All in all, everything was awesome as always!

- - -

About my clear, I actually wasn't very happy with how it ended looking because I did that half-asleep (don't do GHB/BHB/LHB clears at 2:30 AM kids, your brain will fail you more often than not) and wasn't in the best position to plan my movements. Which ended up in me retreating unnecessarily due to thinking "Sapphire Lance=Danger". I re-did the clear with no animations, and I think this is how the clear should've looked in the first place (funnily enough the Lance cav took lessons from Leo and tried to use a sneak attack).

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Impressive as always. I'll bet that Flashing Blade seal is only going to make things even easier for you down the line. Looking forward to the coming legendary map and seeing how you deal with that. 

First Walhart. ;-)

Sadly Flashing Blade won't change anything soon since I don't have infantry/armored GF units. 

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

This one seemed intimidating at first and it took a couple of tries initially, but once I cracked it everything just unraveled.

Luring Leo to the wrong side of the lake certainly helps, he is so sure using the right tactic. ^^

Also speedy Genny saves the day by doubling someone and Ayra wants to show how much she cares about Sapphire Lances... not much. 

In the end Matthew (finally +9) shows Leo what he thinks of throwing trees to people. Congratulations!

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Things have been extra busy.

Yeah, RL robs too much FEH time ^^, at least there is not much to do in-game currently. Speaking of RL, I'll check the other clears this afternoon, I'm looking forward to see Morgan. 

Sorry for the double post, it's tricky to add quotes to a post while editing it on mobile. 

13 hours ago, Zeo said:

Now the Morgan team clear.

Will you ever give a C skill to Amelia that actually takes effect on this team? She works fine with boots though and like you wrote Morgans buffs/debuffs make Ninian a real killer. No kill for Morgan but a smooth clear altogether.

13 hours ago, Zeo said:

Finally the last clear.

Micaiah taking 1 damage from Leo when everyone else is dying by his pre-charged special. Nice theme, I get that three vids per map is a lot of work, but the results are more than welcome! 

Ike is an awesome unit, especially if you think that we got him for free. Soren doesn't show his strengths here, I've never solved the mystery of him as a unit myself. 

@mampfoid Ah, I forgot about that flashing blade restriction... sorry about that. Though if you ever build a unit like Raven it'll be perfect for him.

Morgan actually got the very first kill of the clear and set up the following turn. His buffs were crucial for Ninian to kill the archer as well. I'm still indecisive on Amelia also. Drive Skill fodder is a little rarer than other C skills that I tend to pull so I'm not sure what to give her yet. Hones and Fortifies don't really seem worth it on her to me and LA'Rachel still hasn't shown up so no RES Tactic fodder as of yet. I wish Armored Boots was a C skill too. Chances are they'd be on a Seasonal or Legendary though so.. eh.

Soren is an oddball, but what he really wants is a bulky partner (Like.... Ike.) Built in Chill ATK on his weapon with an Owl Tome refinement screams "Support me with a bulky unit". I've just always been so indecisive on him since I first got him to the point that I slapped Lancebreaker on him and never looked back. And after building Nino, the need to return to him simply never came.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ah, I forgot about that flashing blade restriction... sorry about that. Though if you ever build a unit like Raven it'll be perfect for him.

Yeah, all the world (including me) keeps forgetting that because it makes no sense.

Raven is ready, but GF fodder is rare (currently have 1 spare Cordelia, I'll decide spontaneous if a clear needs a new type of GF unit or Cordelia a merge). 

14 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Drive Skill fodder is a little rarer than other C skills that I tend to pull

No spare Soleil (4* Drive RES), Tailtiu (4* Drive SPD), Nanna/Linus (4* Drive DEF), Roderick (5* Drive DEF), BB!Marth (4* Drive ATK) or Fjorm/Micaiah/Leif/Delthea (5* Drive ATK)? Of the newer skills, Drive skills have a pretty good availability. 

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

And after building Nino, the need to return to him simply never came.

Haha, exactly this. My problem was that Nino was the first ever mage I built. 

Late video clears as usual, but I finally had time after a busy week.

@Zeo @mampfoid @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @Nanima @Usana

Firstly, a full Hoshido family clear (except I don't have regular Ryoma so Legendary version will have to do)

Team is +Def/-Spd Legendary Ryoma, +HP/-Res Takumi, +Res/-Def Sakura and +Atk/-Res Hinoka

Music is Mustard for Geese from the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match soundtrack

This was a bit tricky since everyone's starting positions needed to be precise (notably, Takumi needed to be as left as possible to bait Leo). Also I saw the island down there and I wanted to use it, so fliers to the rescue! Sakura's Physic staff was also key, including a timed Kindle Fire Balm to help Takumi break through the lance cav. As for the last turn, I just wanted Takumi to say a special quote, although it's fitting how the Hoshidans who had a BHB (Takumi/Hinoka) get to finish off the Nohrians here.

-----

Next is a Hoshidan Alts/Kinshi Squad clear

Team is +Def/Spd Legendary Ryoma, +Res/-Def Summer Takumi, +Def/-Atk Kinshi Hinoka and neutral NY!Azura.

Music is Knowledge (Roar) from Fire Emblem Fates.

@Nanima Here is that Kinshi clear- not exactly the precise way I did it..since I forgot, and that original clear didn't need Distant Def/Iote's Shield. Distant Def was needed for Kinoka to survive Leo's charged AOE special. @mampfoid inspired me when he gave Escape Route to Summer Takumi back in the TT, it's such a fun tactic.

---

And last clear is from my second account, featuring the free 4 star Takumi!

Team is neutral 4 star Takumi, +Spd/-Res Ryoma, +Atk/-HP Hinoka an +Atk/-Res Kinshi Hinoka

Music is Soy Sauce For Koyadofu (South Town Team Theme) from the King of Fighters XIV

..Yeah I haven't upgraded Takumi yet since other things need my feathers. Again, another clear where starting positions and Guidance (well..Hinoka's Spear) shenanigans was key. Ryoma needed the Distant Def seal to survive as much as possible for the first onslaught because Fury damage stacks after a while. Also he needed to be able to finish the archer quickly but also be in a location where he can retreat with the 1 HP- I didn't notice that sweet spot under the tree until later (I would go in the very bottom). Again, Takumi needed to start as left as possible to bait Leo, but thanks to Hinoka's Spear, he could snipe one of the fliers when I needed him to, as well as baiting Elise.

Takumi impressed me, even as a 4 star.

---

Now for some late comments.

@Thor Odinson Wow Ryoma did most of the work in the first half! Also nice use of the island as well! To be honest I'm sure whenver you get Lyoma he'll be winning battles even more, so I hope you get him soon :)

@Zeo It's funny comparing what Leo says in the beginning, and what he actually does in battle when his green unit senses are tingling. Ayra shrugging off the Sapphire lance cav is great to see.

Ninan was amazing to see, I should really give mine Lightning Breath eventually, although she doesn't see much battle anyway.

As for the Tellius clear, seeing all those debuffed stats before the battle even began was something. Also had to laugh at Leo's pathetic attack against Micaiah. L!Ike is such a great free unit as well. 

@Nanima Nice clear as well! Those Takumis really did their work! It's funny seeing Skadikumi next to happy shirtless Takumi haha. Beware Sakura's Wrath(ful Staff)!

So I was SP grinding on the Leo/Elise map the other day and had Oliver killing everyone on lunatic. Infernal was not that much more difficult. Seeing a Blade mage nuking stuff might not be very original, but I thought you would like to see how my Oliver looks by now @Zeo @NegativeExponents-

The rest of the team is not yet ready, I'm waiting for Walhart and still have to decide if to go with fallen Takumi or Summer Frederick and Berkut or Xander. 

/Edit: Yt tells me my video violated some rules? I don't know why, there wasn't even sound. 

/Edit: Yt doesn't work, but this:

https://streamable.com/33e7d

@mcsilas Oh that's a lot of clears again, you put into these a lot of work. The first already has elements I like a lot: Guidance to reach the Island, Reposition to force Elise to attack Takumi instead of Hinoka. 

The second clear makes it even more obvious that also Sakura needs a flying alt (flying healer please), Azura helps out until then. Takumi shows Hinoka that he's the better Archer. 

Third video, third time Ryoma (infantry vision) winning against the Archer. Takumi is helpful even at 4* rarity. 

Nice clears and cool music like always! 

Edited by mampfoid

@mcsilas Having Skadikumi in a team with either Nyakumi or Tak-Tak is an endless fountain of "Someone will die..." "OF FUN" memes. Hope I can get some Wrathful/Dazzling fodder for Sakura in the near future. I am planning on +10 her, and it would make her the scariest member of the team. haha

Those were some really excellent themed clears. Reminded me of how I still need to get Kinshi!Ryouma, but I only have 80 orbs right now, that I should save for Kinshi!Sakura instead since she might be more limited. Anyway, it was great to see Hinoka and Takumi work together as flying archers, since most people will just use one or the other. It's also great to see a 4* Takumi pitch in, so people can see he's far from useless.

Edited by Nanima

@mampfoid Thanks! Well since Kinoka is -Atk, she would be overshadowed by her summery brother, but at least she can withstand magic attacks better than him!

Maybe you have some settings in youtube that is causing that? Do you have monetisation or something? I haven't really explored all of how youtube works to be honest, so not quite sure why your video is being deleted :(

@Nanima I hope you get Ryoma soon in the next banner! Who knows, you could be lucky- I got mine in the first session. +10 Sakura sounds good, she has really balanced defenses so she can be quite bulky!

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe you have some settings in youtube that is causing that? Do you have monetisation or something? I haven't really explored all of how youtube works to be honest, so not quite sure why your video is being deleted :(

Nope, I created a new account and used standard settings. Updated the file with different file sizes but he keeps deleting it and when I visit the link it tells me some rules where violated. No idea why. 

I would upload it to vimeo, but I would exceed my weekly upload limit. 

Tried streamable, let's hope that works:

On 7/30/2018 at 12:35 AM, mampfoid said:

Nope, I created a new account and used standard settings. Updated the file with different file sizes but he keeps deleting it and when I visit the link it tells me some rules where violated. No idea why. 

I would upload it to vimeo, but I would exceed my weekly upload limit. 

Tried streamable, let's hope that works:

Yeah it works, but it does lag a bit when it loads. Also this is a bit late since I finally have proper downtime to watch videos..

Other than that...WOW that Oliver sure handled everyone! Shurgging off Leo is expected, but to see him shrug off the Brave Bow archer? I'm impressed!

Also great use of his AoE special as well! As Oliver says- beautiful!!!

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah it works, but it does lag a bit when it loads. Also this is a bit late since I finally have proper downtime to watch videos..

It was worth a try, I'll think of something else for Olivers clears. Believe it or not, I can't upload any FEH video to yt, I tried also some of the newer one turn clears. 

Other than that...WOW that Oliver sure handled everyone! Shurgging off Leo is expected, but to see him shrug off the Brave Bow archer? I'm impressed!

DD3 and DEF tactic did the trick against the Archer. His main problem isn't bulk but his sluggishly slow SPD, since the Archer would quad him at full health thanks to his push skill. 

Also great use of his AoE special as well! As Oliver says- beautiful!!!

4 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Look at this Oliver going, he sure is more than what first meets the eye.

Never underestimate the power of blue tome users.

Oliver will return with a different squat! Walhart already joined him, but the other mates need some training first. 

I forgot to respond here so I might as well do it now before I forget again.

On 7/25/2018 at 6:56 PM, Zeo said:

Also if Marth is going to be a unit you use more often I highly suggest refining his Falchion. It's just too good of a boost to just about any team.

Don’t need to tell me twice. The only reason he didn’t have it was because I didn’t have the dew to give it to him but now he has it and ready for action.

@mampfoid Oh that was wonderful! Seeing Oliver just solo that map was just... ugh disgustingly good.

I can’t wait to see how the rest of his squad turns out.

12 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh that was wonderful! Seeing Oliver just solo that map was just... ugh disgustingly good.

I can’t wait to see how the rest of his squad turns out.

Thanks! I just finished Takumi yesterday (nothing too original though), since I needed barracks space and Walhart was already used in arena. I'm still undecided for the fourth spot, though I tend to try Stahl. He is no GHB unit, but free. 

@NegativeExponents- Sorry for the late reply, I completely missed commenting on your video! 

Again, I always enjoy your Odin clears, and they were very fitting (with Niles/Camilla) in this BHB

Nice use of Priscilla and her Panic staff. Also Obstruct being useful is good to see, in a failed run of my Nohrian royals I did want to put Obstruct because of those annoying cav range but I just couldn't quite deal with Leo (darn no blue Nohrian royals!).

That Flashing Blade is really good on Niles! Good to see it works so well. I share your sentiment in Maribelle's Res being a bit lower than I'd like but she gets the job done- nice use of Trilemma again!