fire emblem characters as Servants in the fate series

Ottservia

So a passing thought what if fire emblem characters could be summoned as Servants to fight in the holy grail war of the fate franchise. Like what classification would each character fit into? what would their noble phantasms be? what do you guys think.

I think I set like half a grail war up in my head about this once.

Think it was something like

Lloyd was assassin, Takumi was Archer, Eliwood was Rider, Sigurd was Saber, and I forget the rest.

Honestly the only pairs I remember clearly setting up in my head map on it were Lloyd/Raigh and Takumi/Leo with Elise tagging along.

Though I don't think Lloyd would make a very good assassin all things considered... The Black Fang used strength in numbers a lot in FE7.  Like, the only stealthy assassination we ever see them do is the mission Jaffar and Nino were on then aborted.  

Well most lords would probably fit into the saber or rider class with a few exceptions. Celica would obviously be a caster (Though her possessed self could show up as a berserker). Lyn I could see as assassin with how fast she is or an archer/rider. Hector I can see as berserker actually though rider and/or saber would be more likely. Ephraim would be a lancer no doubt. Miccy as a caster or hell even assassin if Red Assassin (What ever her name was I can't remember) from Apocratha is anything to go by. Ike could also go berserker based on cipher. And that's about all I ever thought about.

I think quite a few people would be ecstatic to do a "mana transfer" with their favourite character. *cough*

In any case, here's what I think would fit. Two for each gender because I'm feeling creative today:

Rider:
Male: Jagen / Haar
Female: Shiida / Mathilda

Saber:
Male: Chrom / Alm
Female: Mia / Karla

Assassin:
Male: Jaffar (obvs) / Lon'qu (I always saw him more as an assassin than a swordmaster)
Female: Marisa (maybe?) / Olivia (?)
Come to think of it, did the FE series even HAVE any playable female assassins that were canonically of that class?

Caster:
Male: Pent / Merric
Female: Linde / Mae

Archer:
Male: Jeroge / Shinon
Female: Neimi / Louise

Berserker:
Male: Hardin / Ashnard
Female: Possessed Celica / Grima!Robin

Lancer:
Male: Danved / Devdan
Female: Nephenee / Oboro (begrudginly)

Something like that.

Saber: Zelgius, most lords, 

Lancer: Fjorm, Ephraim , Shiro

Archer: Takumi, Jeroge 

Assassin: thieves, ninjas

Rider: Xander, Sigurd, mounted classes in general

Caster: Loki, mages, Sephiran

Berserker: Karel, Peri, Velouria

Ruler: Ashera,

Avenger: Duma, 

If I were to write like a crossover fanfiction, these would be my FE servants, 1 per gender for each standard class:

Saber = Ogma/Ayra

Lancer = Lukas/Oboro

Archer = Shinon/Rebecca

Rider = Rath/Jill

Caster = Lewyn/Linde

Assassin = Volke/Patty

Berserker = Hawkeye/Charlotte

Ruler = Marth/Elincia

For me, my favorite characters 1 per gender for each standard class:

Saber = Navarre/Lucia

Lancer = Certainly not Devdan/Nephenee

Archer = Leonardo/Astrid

Rider = Sigrun/Gerome

Caster = Sanaki/Soren

Assassin = Heather/Volke

Berserker = Nolan/Anna

Ruler = Naesala/Nailah

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Come to think of it, did the FE series even HAVE any playable female assassins that were canonically of that class?

Heather says hello. Also Kagero/Nina I suppose, if you count them.

Saber: Marth, as he is the only one with a long enough time gap in-series to justify him actually being a Saber

Lancer: Oboro, her tragic backstory makes her a perfect fit for Lancer

Archer: Beck, as any projectile weapon qualifies for Archer and a ballista is more impressive

Rider: shitpost answer is Corrin because of the other "Riding" qualification actual answer is Sigurd because being a rider can be just as much about leading an army as it is riding a horse

Caster: Literally anyone, thanks for being the actual dumping ground of Servant classes, Caster

Assassin: Jaffar, because he's an actual assassin and not one just in FE class

Berserker: Muarim, as he's one of the few characters in the series that actually had something akin to a berserker rage

Ruler: No one, since no FE character is a Catholic saint

Avenger: Rutger

Moon Cancer: No one, since no one in FE is BB

Alter-Ego: Anankos, because of the whole splitting himself thing

Foreigner: Lyon, because the Demon King is the closest thing the series has to an Elder God

21 minutes ago, Lost Impact said:

Ruler = Naesala/Nailah

I don't think Naesala and Nailah would qualify as Rulers...  Being a Ruler is about being an impartial judge who can fairly mediate and not have any wish.  The only exception that I can think of is (Apocrypha spoilers+ a FGO interlude for one of the Rulers in Apocrypha)

Spoiler

Amakusa, who was forced into the class since he was the closest thing Japan had to a saint + the Einzberns are filthy cheaters, and got the qualifications retroactively through this.  He normally only qualifies for Caster, apparently.

The interlude in question

For someone who does qualify, no idea.  

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Saber: The Black Knight or any sword wielding lord

Caster: Any Gharnef clone (especially since casters cause most of the problems in the Fate series)

Rider: Sigurd

Lancer: Devdan/Danved (Since lancers are my favorite in Fate why not have it be my favorite FE Lancer)

Assassin: Jaffar or Volke

Archer: Jeorge, Shinon, or Takumi

Berserker: Gonzalez (since I don't no anyone else who fits)

11 hours ago, Lost Impact said:

Heather says hello. Also Kagero/Nina I suppose, if you count them.

Oh, right. I forgot about those three. Though thieves and assassins never had much in common for me and I was kind of estranged when Matthew suddenly promoted into one in FE7.
The closest thing to a "real" assassin is probably the Ninja class, anyway and the Assassin from Fate/Stay Night was a Samurai, so... anything goes, I suppose?

Edited by DragonFlames

• 4 weeks later...

Saber: Most of the Lords in addition to most Myrmidons and Mercenary class units. Some fitting choices for a Saber servant from the latter two classes include Ryoma, Joshua, Navarre, Lyn, Inigo/Laslow, Owain, and Gregor.

Lancer: Ephraim, Azura, Oboro, and Nephenee.

Archer: Takumi, Innes, and Shinon.

Caster: Basically any Mage and Cleric from the Fire Emblem series.

Rider: The Cavaliers, Pegasus Knights, Wyvern Knights, and even the Kinshi Knights would work well for this. Sigurd, Xander, Eliwood, Jagen, and Frederick are the notable ones that I think would make fitting servants,

Assassin: Thieves and Ninja units are most appropriate. Sothe, Gaius, Saizo, and Matthew would make fitting Assassins. I think Kaden and Selkie could also fit as Assassin because of how nimble and agile the Kitsunes, though they could also fit as Berserkers because of their beast-like characteristics.

Berserker: Peri and Camilla could work just because of how crazy they are, and I can imagine Mad Enhancement would kick in to make them extra powerful. I'd say even Henry and Karel could be fitting Berskers too. For the more Feral-type, I think any of the Laguz, Taguel, and Beastkins would fit too, though Keaton seems the most fitting to me just because of the werewolf thing going for him. Some axe-users like Charlotte and Vaike could also fit as Berserkers just for their crazy fighting-style.

Avenger: Any of the possessed versions of certain Fire Emblem characters. The ones that would be chosen for it would probably be the major antagonistic ones where they are possessed by some entity that wants to destroy humanity. That in mind, Takumi and Lyon would work well for this; they would both be their possessed versions for that class.

In a hypothetical Holy Grail War featuring the Fire Emblem characters as servants, these would be my choices:

Saber: Lyn

Lancer: Ephraim

Archer: Takumi

Caster: Leo

Rider: Sigurd

Assassin: Sothe

Berserker: Keaton

Most of these choices are major characters from the games they appear in with the exception of Keaton. Takumi and Leo are together in this war to have the good ol' younger brother rivalry they are commonly known for.

Hmm, the only female Servant in this hypothetical Holy Grail War is a Saber and the other servants from the other classes are male... reminds me of Fate/Zero!

Joke answers:

1. Saber from SoV as assassin. The master thought that he is summoning Saber class servant but instead it's Saber (mercenary and assassin are both paid private soldier). Noble Phantasm is gonna be the Golden Dagger.

2.Arthur as Lancer because of his low base luck.

On 7/23/2018 at 10:51 AM, DragonFlames said:

I think quite a few people would be ecstatic to do a "mana transfer" with their favourite character. *cough*

here's a question how do mana transfers work with a female master. like if a female master were put into the same position as shirou and they had a male servant are they just SOL or what. I'm just curious.

10 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

here's a question how do mana transfers work with a female master. like if a female master were put into the same position as shirou and they had a male servant are they just SOL or what. I'm just curious.

Let's just say it involves kissing, or other means.