Is Lowen "Good" experiment.

Hanes

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see the point anymore. Why do an "experiment" to see if Lowen is good or not, but when the answer isn't a resounding "Yes he's amazing" you give up and reset? 

Chapter 11: Taking Leave. This chapter is ass becase it's boring, youll always run at a point where your unitsmight be low in health but that's when there's one brigand and the boss left.

6fNDefs.png  The name I gave him is Hitler. Lyn said "You seem to be quite experienced in battle" Sorry Europeans.

of4Pgl2.png  Yeah this is how much I sucked last time just because I semi-Iron manned it. 

3jlazmF.png  This is how it went in my recent Lyn playthrough damn that atctics I tried my hardest!

P99KviY.png  I mean cool? Whatever, I also gave him the Strength Ring like before.

tJVJEni.png  Ja, we just need to gas die band- Ich mean wir needed to put them down for the innocents (LAST horrrible joke Im ever making)

Lowen's Performance: 7/10 He is cool and all during this chapter he's bad like others at this point but his mount is useful and he kinda is tanky more than others at least.

2 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

lol the tactician name.

And Lowen getting res again <3 

Uff, I was very scared of some backlash although probably the Bandit gassing was bad.

Oh yes he always does.

"Chasing after you is like a fairytale" Not really : P I'm always in my room.

"It only takes a push to make me perish" Are we talking about Lucius here?

Chapter 12: Birds of a Feather. Name of retardedness, seriosly pick anything that is normal reverse it and there's your new title, "Tables around Humans" WOW! Anyway this was late but I needed to do stuff, Also not bad luck today :)

8qRMXYh.png  Do you guys want to say it? No? *GAAASP*  2% Critical Hit!!!!!! Damn 1% Critical Hit is giving me really good RNG here :)

NzpsNTz.png  Everything except Iron Bow because Rebecca has one with a lot of durability yet in fact...

41GxkfG.png  She's only level 2 right now, but since she isn't experimented on I will grind her because I'm a cheap boi (Not always tho)

qXvrOg0.png  Oh my luck is turning around! Yay!

5Wq4KLR.png  Marcus with Iron Sword leaves this guy with 2 HP and so you set up a kill for practically anyone.

DPwTqrh.png  So close!

CUnt0GU.png  Nice! keep geting Strength!

Tgh27Wo.png  You can Tank this archer this way and build supports somewhere else!

18KeoSd.png  Rebecca that was for Eliwood! 

x657tsM.png  Ja.

FfpVDW0.png  Nein, Ich bin 50 in Vorld Var II

KO1L0X3.png  Hector: Don't give me that Chrom "I trust this dude" crap

yDww7TX.png  Danke.

WuBL4hW.png  *Ahem* Dead, but I'm revived... here..? I thought I had... nevermind (Was the bullet inneffective and I am having illusions?)

Lowen's Performance: 7.3 Unit, He is becoming a great tank with his High HP, nice Base Def and beig placed on any fort with WTA.

5 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Maybe Eliwood will leave a Main Kampf book to his son for his studies?

Let's hope that Lowen doesn't mess everything up again!

Lol

"If bandits are giving you problems, gas them" Quote from the famous general Hitler.

"When FE shenanigans show up with big bad empire, it was dragons" Quote from the famous general Hitler.

Lowen will ensure Eliwood doesn't write such stuff if eliwood ever cares about writing down the events of the war he won which ahs advantages like making everyone think youre the extremely goog guys and the enemies soulless (they are in FE7 but that would be an exagerated version of it) I'm just saying because for friking forever people rarely wrote down a war it seems especially before the Crusades just Arqueology and some stray papers is what historians have (Well not that little).

Chapter 13: In Search of Truth. Pretty easy but the freaking levels are horrendous! At least Rebecca got Strength and Speed.

dEefXTa.png  How about a good level?

1hkz057.png  Hp, Luck and Res, yay!

jtfTHtl.png  Of course

bXEh7vr.png  This is still fine even at base (And im not too far from Lowen's bases)

l3RuLqo.png  Hp and Res. Yay! He is +0 HP, +1 Str, +0 Skl, +0 Spd, +0 Spd, -2 Def, +3 Res. This is actually average, mostly.

Lowen's Performance: 7/10 Still a good unit but I hope that atl east I can have him stay average.

16 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Nice <3 Lowen becoming the beast I always knew he is. 

l3RuLqo.png  l3RuLqo.png  l3RuLqo.png  l3RuLqo.png

NOTE: Is showing pictures this way considered spamming even if it's in only one post and doesn't take up much time?

Edited by This boi uses Nino

Chapter 13x: The Peddler Merlinus. I reset once only because Guy got hit by two number 31, a number 47 large, a number 51 with extra hit and a large soda (Get the reference?)
NOTE: I'm also posting these on Imgur, you might wanna check them out since they sometimes have different text and also upvote them because I think they can do stuff to ya if your ranking is negative.  https://imgur.com/gallery/jdbME9H 

m2tBmO8.png  I'm going to call these levels "Prussia" because they look like Germany's 1914 east territories like a splitting tail.

WW6Ijdm.png  A crit on the 1st attack? This is madness!

3z2Yuc1.png  All aboard the Res train leaded by Lowen and Marcus as advisor.

fZnVe4y.png  Oops you missed the Res train. Choooo-Chooooooo!

zaiKHdL.png  Rebecca: I like trains

3TfV9n1.png  Lowen X Rebecca A support is so good and also the most likely to be canon out of their supports.

j53ZKMs.png  :|        Well at least we have Marcus on the train.

VjqnVWj.png  Magekiller!

vq63UZZ.png  Oh I forgot! She is actually average at this point this is the best about Lyn's mode, a potential good healer early-game.

PDfyZ5F.png  And as for Matthew I never trained him but I might level him up until he gets a Spd level up to steal a member card.

yEAFG9M.png  There can never be a chapter without Rebecca criting. At this point I give her 3 Iron bows and they never break.

Lowen's Performance: 7/10. He is still useful even if he were at base right now, however, since I'm not amazing I really wish he could hurry up and get more of what we need, since I'm using him my entire playthrough.

23 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Can't wait for him to cap RES, it's happening, I can feel it.

It probably will, once I get a pure water and barrier staff alongside's ninis grace and spam them on him and not even Nergal will damage him.

3 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Mage killer Lowen!

I definitely don't understand why the RNG goddess hates Lowen

She doesn't he would still be useful in a 0% growths playthrough here, well maybe with the exception of his skill which can be low (In fact in one of my tries he missed an 80%).

50 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

He needed that skill growth lets be real, now if only he can get more speed...

And Rebecca getting blessed again <3 

Poor Lowen needs that speed, at least a decent amount to not get doubled

Seems like Rebecca is showing off after her victory last time

19 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Chapter 13x: The Peddler Merlinus. I reset once only because Guy got hit by two number 31, a number 47 large, a number 51 with extra hit and a large soda (Get the reference?)

I get it! 

I'LL HAVE TWO NUMBER NINES

A NUMBERNINE LARGE

A NUMBER SIX WITH EXTRA DIP

A NUMBER SEVEN

TWO NUMBER FOURTY FIVES, ONE WITH CHEESE

AND A LARGE SODA

This really isn't a good way to check whether Lowen is good. First of all, Eliwood Mode (NM or HM doesn't matter) enemies are absolute trash. Any unit can be decent. 

Second of all you're not using an average stat patch so you could get ridiculously screwed or blessed. To make it worse you're also resetting because the level-ups weren't to your liking, so it's even less of an experiment now. 

third, it looks like you're prioritizing him for EXP (can't quite tell if it's a solo), in which case he'll outgrow enemies so fast that yes, he'll always be good.

31 minutes ago, Mekkah said:

This really isn't a good way to check whether Lowen is good. First of all, Eliwood Mode (NM or HM doesn't matter) enemies are absolute trash. Any unit can be decent. 

Second of all you're not using an average stat patch so you could get ridiculously screwed or blessed. To make it worse you're also resetting because the level-ups weren't to your liking, so it's even less of an experiment now. 

third, it looks like you're prioritizing him for EXP (can't quite tell if it's a solo), in which case he'll outgrow enemies so fast that yes, he'll always be good.

I'll work on HHM after this experiment.

Where can I find those? Anyway Lowen ain't growing much so his usability seems to be the same. No only once I did that Resetting thing and because I don't have a LUA script I was doing it blind, I dont know anything bout that.

Nah I'm using him alongside other units it's just that I really only like a few of the stating units that it looks lke I give him a lot of kills when in reality it's just because I use a few units of the team only. (How to be hyper redundant)

Here's a patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bik8v7wbryb7yb6/FE7 Tony Mode Patch.ups?dl=0

It's fair enough to focus EXP into him early on since like you said the other early joiners aren't very good. But you're really testing something that's already been tested through the ages. Lowen's average stats have been compared to enemies time and time again. He is a tanky unit that has some doubling issues but overall is really solid just because his class is so good and FE7 enemies (even in HHM) are super slow. 

4 hours ago, Mekkah said:

How do they work anyways? I'm just curious but do they fix the stats of every level in position? It doesn't look like it since your FE6 Shanna in Pitfalls 6 got "Luck-screwed" so how?

Me after playing Lyn's mode with the patch because I felt like it (yes I restarted this series AGAIN, but this time so that I'm not blessed or screwed):

5b6267da324bd_SainLv_6PLV.PNG.2ed42d0e6a921e1d5eb16cde5b92c8a0.PNG  My first perfect level up since the Experiment series started and it's an artificially made one : |

Alright people. It's time you get your 14th chapter. I've been gone on a trip and I also had to play Lyn's mode just because I wanted to and well here it is, I'm using the tonymode patch and you now I have crippling luck when I got blessed using an average stats patch SO thank you @Mekkah.

Chapter 14: False Friends. So this chapter wasn't hard. Now let's talk about stat boosters, the only one I used was the Secret book to Hector the rest I'm saving for Florina which I got to level 11 oh you will see tomorrow the beast she is!

imzeXb6.png 
I never get Magic with those that belong in the Elen Archetype. So the tonymode actually helped me.

84aQcs4.png 
His levels come from Eliwoods story, I want to be able to steal the member card so I'm training him up a bit.

j1SapLd.png 
I don't use Dorcas much, so he is the same.

2X1U2Ga.png 
And Lowen the star, finally I get so lucky!

O1IBGVp.png 
The yoga crits remind me of Disco Kid from Punch Out!! Wii.

3q9cawd.png 
I trained Erk as well and he turned out nice.

SiTUdyE.png 
Hector is about to chop some wood.

biLT65Z.png 
Missed a level but he got HP and Def.

2xDI3ZU.png 
Taste my lance!

ysu4iaL.png 
It is a pitfol tu bleim de ar-en-ji. This miss isn't that bad though.

GYTbTIG.png 
Thought he had effectiveness against her. Rebecca: Are you saying I'm an animal! Me: N-no!

SpGGegp.png 
Put some earplugs if you wish. CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bd62qeR.png 
And Rebecca takes the kill.

Lowen's Performance: 7/10 He did ok, his only problem is that Low Skill which since he will commonly use Javelins it can be an annoyance to have low skill but hector needed the secret book more.

Enlarged text to a more readable size with the new format.