Is Lowen "Good" experiment.

Hanes

lol Guy's critical attack  animation <3 It looks funny.

And we love a tank on a horse, can't believe Lowen is going to cap defense  to the point no one would be able to damage him.

Also I once had a Serra who got so much speed and magic, she was faster than both Lyn and Guy, even Matthew, she was so speed blessed it was funny. 

Edited by Rose482

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 15: Noble Lady of Caelin. This chapter wasn't that bad oh and you finally will get to see my super florina!

3IrtyXt.png
This Florina is so good! But what if I give her the Strength ring, Goddess statue and the Dracoshield?

or0qLD6.png  
Who would win? 4 Laus soldiers or one flying grill? In EHM a Florina with 13 Str and a Slim lance may kill all these enemies if they get low enough Def.

oODZNIu.png
I used Wil because... I don't know myself, he was helpful a little bit in LHM but I don't plan on using him.

BhwW9OW.png
LYN IS SUPER DURABLE!!!1!11! She was used in the Early chapters where you don't have many other units, after chapter 4 I focused more on Florina and the Xmas cavaliers.

PiUNMuk.png
Kent is cool he has nice speed and is durable enough, being a cavalier is always nice.

TjIvYvN.png
And Sain, I like using this guy. He isn't that inaccurate as people claim and he is way stronger than Kent and not all that slower than Kent so lol

jejXTRb.png  
Somebody remind me why this exists.

O588d53.png  
Hmm I imagine of Elibe historians would depict this battle in their future...

oSEhpso.png  
Slim lances OP pls Nerf

EjNdfLs.png
That Laus soldier is pissed, look at him he's flippin the bird at you.

v2wYsDS.png 
Why? Is it still a pitfall to blame the RNG?  Mekkah: Yes

oqTjsmP.png
Me: Now? Mekkah: Yes

XQ5rqoH.png
Me: Now?  Mekkah: Yes 

G0waclq.png
It's good to have the cavalier trio together again.  Me: Now? Mekkah: *Annoyed silence* Me: Ok.

CP7kQYq.png
Hey look x2 effectiveness working! 

n8m1AVt.png
And followed up by a cool crit animation.

FV1Vf2s.png
Anyway Florina did some stuff so it took time before I could have her use all the stat boosters but here she is plus the angelic robe in Lyn's story.

16ZZiUB.png
Of course I start this series and the disgusting levels start again.

63gyf0k.png
And with this, the chapter nearly comes to an end now I'm just going to grind for some supports and do some shopping

VYO9Kru.png
Of course this happens. 

Lowen's performance: 7/10. He would have a 7.5 but he had to trade a vulnerary to Kent at one point and then he just stayed in the back from then.

Edited by Hanes

20 hours ago, Rose482 said:

lol Guy's critical attack  animation <3 It looks funny.

And we love a tank on a horse, can't believe Lowen is going to cap defense  to the point no one would be able to damage him.

Also I once had a Serra who got so much speed and magic, she was faster than both Lyn and Guy, even Matthew, she was so speed blessed it was funny. 

Yoga boi

He needs at least one dracoshield to cap on average

Dodgi grill

18 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

"5, 6, 7, 8. And stretch, and back, and down. Now flex, and straight! Let's go."

If Lowen caps defense, you have to screenshot every "ding" with no damage!

Fine

17 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Good on you using the average stats patch, rules out any posibilies of blessed or screwage? Which mode is this on?

EHM 

3 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

lol that Lyn <3 maybe she should give Lowen some of her speed, while he can give her some of his defense 

The better of them 2 is Sain, Sain should get Lyn's Skill and Lowen's def. If i where you the entire section where I talk about Sain would be a billion hearts lol

1. Yeah Lyn is such a tank, my one has 3 defense at level 20. Yes, spectacular. You amaze me, Lyn.

2. You used Wil because he is a good unit.

3. That happens quite a bit with Lowen, his ofensive growths are rather bad and his def growth isn't perfect.

4. Lol Sain level up. Yeah he's probably the best cav in this game, so fucking strong and when you promote him in LHM, he breaks the game.

5. That is one beastly Florina, holy crap, nice strength and def for her standards.

6. Eliwood crit is so stylish.

7. 86% missing? I recently missed 99% soooooo....

8. Good to see this back.

Hey @This boi uses Nino you sort of asked why Slim Swords exist. When we're talking GBA Slim Sword, THAT my good man is a VERY good question. BUT did you know that in FE4 (Genealogy of the Holy War) they had the SAME stats such as might as Iron while being lighter. Pretty cool huh? Clearly they got quite the nerf, I think Slim weapons should exist for those of lower build and the like just like heavier weapons are better for higher build characters. But I think they got an unecessary nerf.

Chapter 16: Whereabouts Unknown. The hardest part is keeping the green units alive. Also I didn't bring Marcus because I wanted to givr Florina some levels and so I assigne her Guard duty alongside Erk to help her.

VRBr8jg.png
Poor archer got a horse fart in his face.

utqFLuE.png
Lowen doubling with a Javelin? Cool.

JZvcmcD.png
Stylish crits. 

ih1tnSU.png
Pathetic.

DgtbWyp.png
Lowen is cracking his whip

9Y5IKQ1.png
I thought thieves would appear so I went for their lockpicks but apparently that is HHM only.

DNUioFp.png
Lowen A support is so good.

KiqzoJW.png
Oh ok.

n6LgPdD.png
Actually a blessing in disguise, this allows another unit to take the kill.

BGPS5nW.png
You know Lowen is going to kill you when his hand becomes a comet.

EfHf0v0.png
I forgot to talk about Priscilla. She is a healer on a mount, I will be using her and Serra because that will allow me to heal more and use Warp and such more.

1B8bzcC.png
Raven is amazing, level 5 and those bases? Amazing! I will obviously be using him there is no way I won't.

VtxoDfB.png
Depending on how many of them live you will get different items but as long as one lives you will unlock the gaiden chapter.

A6kTnPK.png
A benefit from Lyn's mode is faster A rank with Serra but sadly that rarely does anything at this point in the game.

6J1iiaa.png
This looks like the custom battle sprite for a GBA Halberdier.

NSCuo0D.png
Jesus! calm down Lowen!

7DW4P4T.png
Yes!!

m5ZDsoK.png
This single corridor shows you how little 5 movement is.

xJgXt3E.png
I don't like Traps, bye... Ok so bad Def and his weapon are of the weakest tomes so I won't use him.

hsH69iJ.png
Sain is me.

CIwknei.png
And I win.

u1aB4wF.png
Actually way better reward than the Light Rune or Blue Gem because of it's glitch.

Lowen's Performance: 8/10. He would gather all the RAchers and annihilate them, if not, he would leave them injured for my other units.

1 minute ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Lowen cracking his whip, doubling with a Javelin and enemies dealing zero damage, this is truly the good run!

It finally is.

Benching Lucius? I don't know Lucius is pretty good. Considering Lucius' pretty high damage output (and speed) despite him being light magic user and the fact that upon promotion, he gets C-rank in staves which helps him a lot as a support unit. I'd say he's better than Erk on average despite his low defenses.

57 minutes ago, Jerry Kuma said:

Benching Lucius? I don't know Lucius is pretty good. Considering Lucius' pretty high damage output (and speed) despite him being light magic user and the fact that upon promotion, he gets C-rank in staves which helps him a lot as a support unit. I'd say he's better than Erk on average despite his low defenses.

Canas does more damage than Lucius and is a better candidate for the Guiding Ring because it turns him from OK to God- Like and sure having a powerful unit is cool but what would you prefer? A unit that has 60% Str and uses swords orsomeoen that has a 50% Strength and uses Lances? I would use the Lances guy not because of 1-2 range because weapon Mt matters more than innate Str as the former is consistent.

2 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Canas does more damage than Lucius and is a better candidate for the Guiding Ring because it turns him from OK to God- Like and sure having a powerful unit is cool but what would you prefer? A unit that has 60% Str and uses swords orsomeoen that has a 50% Strength and uses Lances? I would use the Lances guy not because of 1-2 range because weapon Mt matters more than innate Str as the former is consistent.

I think the point being made is that "Lucius is bad because Light magic is bad" is a bit of a pitfall. Light vs. Flux is the difference in 3 MT which is pretty negligible since Lucius is doubling consistently before promotion whilst Canas isn't. Then after promotion in cases where Canas is doubling, their damage amount is pretty much the same (unless Lucius is using Shine, in which his will be higher) since Lucius has +3 MAG if both promote at LV15, while Lucius also gets C staves rather than E.

What Canas has going for him is a level lead (possibility for an early promotion) and is bulkier (while also having Nosferatu as a situational option). Luna is incredibly niche since it weighs Canas down and enemies rarely have RES.

And even then, both can be used (using Lucius + Canas is usually strictly better than say, Rebecca/Wil + Canas for example, in the context of a player phase unit) and you can use a Guiding Ring on Lucius for an immediate healer rather than promote Serra/Priscilla. Using two of Erk/Lucius/Canas is not inherently flawed.

Edited by Dunal

2 hours ago, Dunal said:

I think the point being made is that "Lucius is bad because Light magic is bad" is a bit of a pitfall. Light vs. Flux is the difference in 3 MT which is pretty negligible since Lucius is doubling consistently before promotion whilst Canas isn't. Then after promotion in cases where Canas is doubling, their damage amount is pretty much the same (unless Lucius is using Shine, in which his will be higher) since Lucius has +3 MAG if both promote at LV15, while Lucius also gets C staves rather than E.

What Canas has going for him is a level lead (possibility for an early promotion) and is bulkier (while also having Nosferatu as a situational option). Luna is incredibly niche since it weighs Canas down and enemies rarely have RES.

And even then, both can be used (using Lucius + Canas is usually strictly better than say, Rebecca/Wil + Canas for example, in the context of a player phase unit) and you can use a Guiding Ring on Lucius for an immediate healer rather than promote Serra/Priscilla. Using two of Erk/Lucius/Canas is not inherently flawed.

It's not just that he only does more damage with a shine, its like if I said "Lyn is better than sain because i she has a Steel sword she does more damage than sain with an Iron Lance!"

Also you rarely want a mage as a healer because their staff rank will be low, I already have Serra who has around C or B in staves when Lucius joins so I'm not going to use him for staves, I get Pent who requires no investment at all

He doesn't survive anything and he doesn't stand out for doubling because retty much anyone can do that. And if I want someone that can double a lot I use Raven or Rebecca or maybe even Lyn. Even though Lucius can counter on enemy phase (unlike Rebecca) Why would you? His DEf is bad and even with 2 Dracoshields it's still horrible. Canas actually does more damage and he doesn't need a higher rank weapon to be strong. Again saying "Lucius is stronger because he can use Shine" while comparing him to Flux canas is a dumb argument.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

7 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

It's not just that he only does more damage with a shine, its like if I said "Lyn is better than sain because i she has a Steel sword she does more damage than sain with an Iron Lance!"

You're missing the point. Lucius outperforms Canas in offense before promotion with a Lightning (and then are the same post-promotion IF Canas is doubling which he can only really do with Flux). However, Lucius can actually still double beyond his base tome so actually has an option to secure 1RKOing if need be. It's a pretty minor point since Shine doesn't appear until later (possibly around the time they're promoting) but the point is that it's essentially an immediate +4 ATK which counteracts Canas' ability to enable doubling slower enemies.

Both are likely killing if doubling regardless since enemies (and their RES) are pretty bad in this game, but...

Canas actually does more damage

... clearly isn't true aside from the circumstance where Canas has promoted (early on) and Lucius hasn't.

Also you rarely want a mage as a healer because their staff rank will be low, I already have Serra who has around C or B in staves when Lucius joins so I'm not going to use him for staves, I get Pent who requires no investment at all

C isn't low. One rank away from using any staff except Fortify or Warp. Otherwise MAG is only other important factor for staves (movement aside) and Lucius doesn't exactly lack in that regard.

Also the argument that "unit X is bad because I'm using Y" isn't a great one. You could easily argue that Canas is "bad" because Pent exists or that Marcus and/or other prepromotes can collectively stomp the game regardless. Spending a Guiding ring on Serra for example is purely preference for the long term and neither unit invalidates eachother.

I'm not even advocating Lucius > Canas or vice versa, they're more-or-less even as far as units goes (same with Erk). One's a better player phase nuke and the other has some enemy phase potential with an earlier possible promotion. Either way comparing the two isn't strictly necessary since having two units that target RES isn't inherently flawed (in that sense you're getting more mileage from Lucius than you are Rebecca/Wil/Lyn for player phase purposes, who then ends up with utility later on... keep in mind that enemies barely have RES, so unlike the aforementioned Lucius or Erk etc... are dealing high damage no matter what).

He doesn't survive anything and he doesn't stand out for doubling because retty much anyone can do that.

The former is hyperbole (if comparing to Rebecca/Lyn for example) since enemies usually either inaccurate or weak in this game. I don't really understand your latter point if we're strictly comparing him to Canas. Which is again, different from other units who target DEF instead.

Again saying "Lucius is stronger because he can use Shine" while comparing him to Flux canas is a dumb argument.

It doesn't help that Canas doesn't get an "upgrade" to Flux (meaning that his ATK increases quite slowly throughout the game in comparison -- no MAG on promotion either). Either way, you do understand that wasn't my whole argument to begin with.

Regardless, Lucius =/= bad if that's what you're trying to argue. He's fairly decent overall. Same with Erk/Canas and they're all fairly interchangeable depending on what you value more (availability, damage/utility or bulk). Lucius himself might as well be an speedy archer who targets RES in context to how he's used (for player phase) as an absolute minimum (ignoring matchups against enemy magi and his possible 1-range against them, plus staff utility), which happens to be inherently more palatable than certain other units.  

Also, to go back on-topic, Lowen's pretty great just by virtue of being a cav. Maybe not quite as good as Sain/Kent (with Lyn mode) but not far off. Even Isadora is decent/good due to her class.

Edited by Dunal

So, well, I just happen to have a pretty all-inlcusive analysis of Lowen lying around, so yeah... Maybe it adds something to the discussion 

Alright, simply put, Lowen is actually a pretty amazing unit that is easily top tier in Blazing Sword. He is on a horse which comes with the usual advantages. High mobility and availability, Canto, access to the best weapon ranks in the game and so on and so forth. But mounted utility aside, Lowens stats and growths are pretty fine too. He has the third highest defence growth in the game after Hector and Oswin and coming off a decent defence base of 7 and HP of 23 Lowen will be able to tank rather well throughout the game while providing a lot of utility with his control of the weapon triangle as a paladin and rescue-dropping. And since the player gets enough Knight Crest throughout the game to promote all three Cavaliers to Paladins, there is no reason not to field Lowen… unless of course one would like to promote Oswin which, honestly, is not a too bad choice, but Kent, Sain and Lowen still have a greater claim over it than Oswin does. 

Both Kent and Sain can be trained in Lyn Mode and as a result will have inedible an edge over Lowen as they can accumulate weapon ranks and levels while Lowen cannot. And adding to that is the fact that Sain and Kent can be promoted with Wallace’s Knight Crests in Lyn Hard Mode to make them essentially a second Marcus. 

But all this only applies if the player decides to do Lyn Hard Mode before continuing with either Eliwood or Hectors story. And since Lyn Mode isn’t mandatory anymore after the first playthrough, the player can choose to directly start with either Eliwoods or Hectors story. Since Kent and Sain are reset to their default stats, they loose out on quite a bit of lead on Lowen. Lowen also joins four chapters prior to both of them with only slightly worse stats. He starts out with the same HP as Kent and one HP more than Sain, while having one point of attack less than Kent and two points less than Sain. With his skill base of 5 he lacks behind Kent with two points and is on equal footing with Sain. He is one point slower than Kent and exactly as fast as Sain, but has two points less luck than Sain and one point less than Kent. With seven points of defence, he has the same amount as Sain and one point more than Kent. Resistance wise Lowen and Sain have an equal amount, but Kent has one point more than both of them. Lowen also has one more point of constitution and all three have the same weapon ranks in Swords and Lances. With other words, their battle performance is almost identical with the one large difference, that Lowen joins four chapters ahead of both of them, two/ three levels lower and is the only one in his starting crew that is a great contender for the experience you’ll get in the first chapters in both Hector and Eliwood Mode besides Hector and Serra, but Serra doesn’t concern herself with battle experience and Marcus doesn’t need it anyways. This means that if you really want to, Lowen can have caught up with Kent and Sain in every stat while outclassing both of them in HP, defence and resistance within seven levels. That sounds like much, but is actually not all that hard to accomplish considering Lowens mobility and decent stats. Also, in Eliwood Mode he is the only unit on the first map worth feeding kills to, as Rebecca, Dorcas, Batre and Eliwood are all pretty bad and Marcus doesn’t need any experience and can soften up enemies for him easily.

But Lowen can hold his own even without special treatment. While 7 points of speed appears to be rather slow, particularly with his rather mediocre 30% speed growth, one has to consider that this is Blazing Sword we’re talking about; where enemies attack speed is ridiculously low. Even in Hector Hard Mode, the hardest difficulty in the game, Lowen would stay undoubled if not weight down for the majority of the game save some bosses, Short Bow Nomads, Iron Sword Mercenaries and thieves while only taking minor damage from their attacks. The Archers in Chapter 12 of Hector Hard Mode deal 5-6 points of damage to him which means that with his physical bulk of 30, they would need 5 to 6 turns to kill him, if he is not standing on a forest or fort. Because on one of the forests, he would only take 4-5 points of damage, cranking up his survivability to 6 to 7 turns and if he stands on a fort… well, then the archers cannot kill him period. They would deal 3-4 points to him, while Lowen would recover 20% of his HP every turn. Well, 20% of 23 is 4.6 meaning that he would survive indefinitely. The brigands in the chapter would deal 9-6 damage to him, if he is wielding a Sword and 11-8 damage if he would be wielding a lance. While he would only survive two to three rounds of combat against the brigands, with a sword equipped and on a forest tile his avoidance will be high enough to dodge some of the incoming attacks. On the offense, Lowen would deal 9-10 damage against the Archers and Brigands, which means he would need three rounds of combat to kill them with an Iron Sword. While this sounds somewhat unimpressive, consider that everyone on the map minus Marcus, Oswin and Hector need at least three turns or more to kill an enemy on his or her own. Lowen also does well against the Mercenary on the map, only taking 3 points of damage from him when he has the Iron Lance equipped, while killing him in two rounds with the Iron Lance in return. The Pegasus Knight deal 6-7 damage to him with the Iron Lance equipped while he, as well, kills them in two rounds.

Simply put, Lowen has favourable match-ups against the entire first map he’s in and can eat up the enemies’ hits like nothing. And this trend continues as Lowen will continuously and more importantly quicker than the enemy grow tankier and tankier. The enemies in Blazing Sword scale horribly, meaning that around the midgame, once he’s promoted, Lowen will double most of them while tacking only very minor damage and being able to dish out quite the amount of damage with axes and hard hitting Lances. While he will always be slightly behind Sain and Kent damage wise, he will tank much, much better than both of them. He will also laugh at Horse Slayers and Halberds since his sky high defences and the fact that effective weapons only deal double damage rather than triple damage will make them deal minor damage as well. Since his resistance growth is surprisingly high and magic users in Blazing Sword are pretty lacklustre, he will also be great against enemy Mages as he will take less damage than Sain and Kent and nuke them in return.

Chapter 16x: Port of Badon. So I must give an explanation, I was absent for several reasons which had to do with me failing and getting bored or just having grinded too much yesterday that I immediately went to sleep lol. Anyway here's the chapter.

lKFHUjM.png
6 deployment slots... I had to pick carefully. So you are probably wondering: Where's Marcus? Well I wanted some fun with this chapter if I use Marcus this chapter would only have 1 screenshot also if he kills all the enemies it's kind of a waste because going to attack and jumping several levelups is supposed to be the reward I'm not saying Marcus steals exp just that I wanted other units to level up. Also, Where's Rebecca? Isn't she your waifu? Well yes but because I'm on EHM and I can't not bring him I had to not bring her, don't worry she is still being used :) (Damn this entry was long)

KpUH4fV.png
I value my units hitting over buying silvers and missing (Wow that rhymes). But in reality, thank you Canas, Lowen has accuracy issues, not with his sword but with his lance and no rebecca makes his hit worse.

PYUC7jl.png
He is a better mage but why? Erk and Lucius joins early and can train in Lyn's mode. Well here is my argument. First of all his theoretical accuracy issues don't exist. His base skill is really high, it means 18 Hit. and that 7 luck is 3.5 more hit so he wont miss a lot. Then he has the best tomes in the game, Flux is very damaging,  Nosferatu recovers HP, Luna is a bosskiller and the rest are irrelevant, let's see what the other guys have. Well it's just plain boring does magical damage and he also has one of the best promotions ever, he goes from not doubling to doubling nearly everything, he gains 3 speed but essentially its 4 AS and not many enemies have 8 speed so he is doubling a lot of things now. Erk and Lucius are fast but in the endgame one triumphs over all not Nino, it's this guy! Welcome to my Permateam!

YZk3ivS.png
Marvelous, the present level up stands as one of the greatest I've seen in all of time.

9XX4xog.png
To ensure Hector, the claimed good lord, survives I must rid of this inconvenient practicer of the natural arts with my flying steed, his powerful arts carry him a drawback however which ensures my flying steed would attack twice with a Javelin.

sAqijyL.png
To some it might seem like a good idea to equip a Javelin to counterattack, however that reduces avoid and so it is preferable to lure the enemy with a slim lance equipped and let the more elite forces take care of him.

QCmKBYe.png
I find quite comedic entertainment in seeing the tables differ from their previous state as the flying steed's rider, which goes by the name of Florina, is meant to be countered by those that posses archery prowess.

OIUUGIZ.png
Just kill this butthole Javelin or no Florina will survive.

ByjQomH.png
His stats might be bad for a LV5 paladin but lets not think "for this level" and instead think "for this point in the game" in which case, those stats are formidable he is also one of the few enemies I just realized to have a luck stat.

DBgSQcG.png
However, the major problem with facing him is that meddlesome Killing Edge.

ISTksEQ.png
Hector is as brute as ever, he knows no honour to not throw a Axe, such a rud weapon, at a maiden. In all seriousness I feel bad for the fact that I'm practically killing a defenseless maiden its fine when they fight you like Ursula but other wise? Nah. (I'm not british by the way, I said honour to sound more elegant-ish)

FrWjmC1.png
Nice.

gMdQSiA.png
Florina seemed about to die but then she crit, nice!

UOQyh4A.png
What? How did this happen? @Mekkah Do you know if this is intentional on Tony Mode?

RG8vM2h.png
Seriously what the hell?

SHec6kS.png
I have savestates but I only realize now that it's a @1% Critical Hit wow.

19GxEms.png
You too brutus? I mean You as well Raven? Well Raven is finally tanky!

6BAY3WF.png
Damn, that's nice.

JSeLwsS.png
Well then I guess it's promotion time.

tUC95yX.png
Does Canas also get that insane level up at some point?

xyVZukb.png

Image result for No Star wars Gif

qTLyJ8R.png
And it took me 187 turns, it could have taken me more but I savestated so I wouldn't die (It happened to me with Rebecca in one of my attempts.

Lowen's Performance: 8/10 He is extremely tanky and actually reached Marcus base Def and has more HP so I guess he is a bigger tank? ANyway he did most of the fighting, like always, I don't Arena abuse the charcater who I'm experimenting.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

11 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

There I am again!

What's with everyone having cap stats all of sudden?

I dont know its cool that they did but why?

Well, I think you broke it somehow. 

Also how is this a proper experiment anymore if you're going to arena abuse for 100+ turns? Your Florina also seems way above average.