Rate/Rank/Critique the Events

Johann

With Forging Bonds added, we now have 5 different events in the game. I'll break down my own ranking on them:

1. Grand Conquest - This is my favorite mode simply because the actual gameplay is the most satisfying to me. The rewards are on part with most events, but even with minimal activity, you can get a pretty nice haul of feathers. I know some people can't stand the Rival Domains maps, but I love the complex challenge, and I cherish the opportunity to use a wide variety of characters, as well as friend units. The fact that a single player can influence the results is a strong point for me as well (even if it works against me half the time). I'm an overachiever in this mode, so I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes too. They really need to bring back the random music for maps though.
  2. Tempest Trials - Second simply because of the rewards. This mode offers the most by a huge margin, especially since it's the only one to provide seals and free characters. The actual gameplay is kind of stale though, and while it's easy to autobattle your way through it for the goods, that's not very fun. Still, it's a very fine event overall because it's very flexible and generous. Off the top of my head, the main thing I'd like to see is the expansion of the final reward feather brackets (merge 1-1,000 and 1,001-5,000 and increase the other ranks by 2000 feathers).
  3. Forging Bonds - While it's a new mode and very likely to have changes over the next few iterations, it's not demanding and offers a good amount of rewards without any fear of being outdone by other players. I personally have little interest in the conversations (only because they don't meet my standard of quality), but giving people more accessories and feathers is always a plus. The random bonus time thing seems not fully fleshed out, but at least it goes by every 6 hours so it's more likely you can get it on it than a VG multiplier. The stamina cost should be lowered. I'm also kinda disappointed how basic the fights are, being little more than a Training Tower battle. They could do more with this, like having you use one of the 4 characters as a guest unit or unique map objectives.
  4. Tap Battle - Not especially exciting if you don't care about rhythm games, but at least it's simple, provides rewards, takes little time, and very lenient about how much time you have to get through it.
  5. Voting Gauntlet - I expect most people will agree that this is the worst event. Part of me almost thinks they are slowly trying to phase it out or something. There's a lot of things to dislike about this mode, even if you're like me and don't really care who wins (or how they win). To me, the worst thing about this mode is how the multipliers are so time sensitive, demanding that you keep up with them in order to get a high score. In that sense, this mode can become more time consuming than the actual gameplay, or at the very least, it occupies a part of your mind that says "can't forget about the gauntlet or I'll miss out". On top of that, the actual battles are pretty meaningless, though it's probably for the best that you can cheese them with low level units or just retry given how inflexible the multipliers are. On the plus side, the quest rewards are good (greatest source of sacred coins), and we usually get a banner or two from it, plus the jokes/art/memes/whatever about characters/match-ups are fun.

Which are your favorites, which do you hate? And why? Are there types of events you'd like to see added in the future?

I was going to say my judgment of Forging Bonds is kind of up in the air until they tweak it and explain multipliers more clearly, but tbh I'd already put it pretty solidly at second place after TTs and I don't think that's changing anytime soon.

GCs are interesting but kind of a pain to keep on top of. Tap Battles are unexciting but not too much hassle as long as you don't fuss too much over the daily quests. VGs suck. So I'm putting those three in that order.

1. Grand Conquests. There's so much going on in this mode. Sure you can't communicate with teammates on which targets are the best to focus and when, but there's a lot of strategy you can employ to avoid getting invaded by the bigger team or ensure that you on the biggest team can reach as many spaces as possible for the finale. It's not fair how many good/active players end up on each team. But life isn't fair. This is the mode about making the best of your losses, not avoiding them.
  2. Tempest Trials. The bonus unit change really helps this mode be more inclusive. I said this when TT debuted but I'll say it again. Masked Marth ought to be a bonus unit on every one of these. Both because of plot significance and the idea of players going in with their build-a-unit who has the potential to also play a healer role which is vital in this mode. I feel like most of what to like about TT in 2018 is just the sheer volume of rewards. 11000 feathers plus rank rewards, forty something orbs, a free five star unit, sacred coins and refinement stones. If they had the balls to reduce the rewards on TT then they could redistribute them into the newer modes so that they can grant more than just feathers.
  3. Tap Battle. Fire Emblem Theatrhythm is as much a good idea as it was before they put a miniature version of it in their phone game. The primary shortcoming for me is the lack of reason to tackle the higher difficulty modes. Plus there's no reason for it to last long enough that there's always a Tap Battle active.
  4. Forging Bonds. I haven't played this mode much at all since there's a more pressing mode I need to grind at the moment. Forging Bonds just looks like more of Tempest Trials. It's odd that it lasts two weeks long. And the lack of daily quests encourages the player to procrastinate. Conversations with new units is kind of neat. It can give players insight into these New Heroes that they've never heard of. But the two conversations I've seen thus far seemed to overstay their welcome with their length.
  5. Voting Gauntlet. I may not hate multipliers, but it's obnoxious how much this mode can favor particular time zones. Especially when the rounds are very even. Same Hell is boring. I get that the mode rewards players that can whip out their phones on any hour of any day, but we still need sleep, and I feel like we're long overdue for some accommodating features to make us less penalized for missing multipliers. Also why aren't our bonus units given uber stats? 

1. Tempest Trials - With the scoring bonuses and stat boosts making it less of a grind to get all of the seals and characters from the tempest I quite like it. Doesn't stop it from being repetitive though.
  2. Forging Bonds - The conversations and accessories are nice but the scoring is slightly annoying as it's random who gets the heart. Even with the bonus going toward Libra I had Sumia hog a surprising amount before Libra got above 0 which was likely just weird luck. The main problem is that the stamina costs are high for what is given in terms of feathers and orbs and it can be repetitive.
  3. Tap Battle - Surprisingly good rewards for someone who wants to grab all the accessories and the gameplay isn't bad.
  4. Grand Conquests - I'm not fond of the larger than usual maps and while the reinforcements were changed to be less obnoxious it still isn't particularly fun to play for me.
  5. Voting Gauntlet - While using your friends units is nice, the scoring is in my opinion awful and the fact that the teams are mostly random means that it's very, very difficult to plan ahead leading to situations like using a triangle adept red team vs a blue team. Needless to say it isn't great when that happens. The rewards exist but aren't that great or exciting either.

1. Forging Bonds. I like that this event gives more characterization to banner units, as they've been sorely lacking it since the start of the game. While they don't offer anything that can't be found in supports of their respective games this helps those that only play FEH to know their units better. The mode is still pretty new and could use some tweaking but it feels very relaxing to do and getting new accessories is always a plus. 
  2. Grand Conquest. The big maps may be a turn off for many, but for me it offers a whole new set of strategies to play with and also forces me to take a new approach instead of just brute forcing stuff with Flier Emblem/ReinLyn. The warping nerf made the mode a bit too easy for me but at least it's still pretty unique, it still needs some improvements in terms of map composition and how scoring works but so far it's a pretty fun mode.
  3. Tap Battle. This mode is completely different from everything else the game has to offer. I like that it keeps the rewards accessible for anyone while still offering a semi decent challenge for those that are fans of rhythm games. Some will argue that clearing harder modes should give rewards, but considering that FEH is a turn based strategy game at it's core that would be unfair for those that aren't into that kind of stuff. The mode becomes pretty forgettable after the last Extra Stage becomes available which is a huge flaw, but considering that it is a little distraction it's ok in my eyes.
  4. Voting Gauntlet. This mode has a ton of issues. Volatile multipliers, having to play every half hour in order to get a great rank, Same hell, etc, etc. The mode itself isn't very fun but the rewards it offers are great considering that you only have to play like 5 times per round to get a nice amount of Orbs/Coins/Refining stones. The feathers you get for trying to play the mode are also a nice extra, they have the flaw that those choosing popular characters tend to get less though. Anyways, the mode is deeply flawed but the rewards are nice.
  5. Tempest Trials. Oh how I used to love this mode but now I despise it. While this mode can be considered the most balanced as it offers a good amount of rewards for a reasonable amount of grinding I just can't help but hate what this mode became from it's first inception. I loved how gruesome the maps were, how you had to change your perspective to one of sustain instead of just going in a 1v1 like arena, the super hard final bosses, etc, etc. Nowadays it is just a HM farming spot where the best strategy is to abuse bonus units in auto battle in Lunatic 5. After all they're going to reach the final map like 80% of the time and then you just put Horse Emblem or Flier Emblem to finish it. It is a huge chore to do and I always lose the will to do it after one day, I liked it when the mode felt like some sort of Endgame event but now it's just a crappy grind for orbs, seals and a character that will probably end in the bench.

Tempest Trial: Easily my favorite of the events. Just the fact that every new TT brings in new seals and usually a new character is exciting and a good enough reason for me to like it. The gameplay itself is alright and can offer a challenge as the only mode with inflated enemy stats. My only complaint is with bonus units but at least you’re always guaranteed to have one due to always including the reward units as a bonus.

Forging Bonds: I might be too hasty by saying this but I feel like I can confidently say that this is my second favorite event. And any improvements that might come to Forging Bonds will probably usurp Tempest Trials spot as the favorite. I like that the battles are short and quick compared to TT’s long drawn out battles. It makes it easy to play in short bursts. I also love how the bonuses aren’t tied to characters but accessories instead. The rewards aren’t all that but a reward is a reward. I like the accessories and I like getting more of them. The supports to me so far seem fine and in character. 14 orbs just from daily participation is good and 4 more if you cap out a character affection. My complaints so far are that the heart drop rate and worth are too low for the stamina cost and that the maps become a mindless grind if you want to actually cap out each character. Also the randomness of whose affection is rising.

Tap Battle: I was real excited for a rhythm game mode when it was first announced but it turned out to be really half assed with the enemies not even matching the rhythm of the music most of the time. Never mind the bosses in which they always use the same enemy music and completely give up on the rhythm aspect of a rhythm game... yeah. The side scrolling aspect also makes it a bit confusing, for me at least, in determining in which row enemies are and think it would have been much better if it was scrolling from top to bottom (I know I can hold my phone sideways but that’s even more disorienting).

Voting Gauntlet: Not much to say here. I don’t hate the multipliers and it’s random nature. I like being able to use a friend’s unit. I appreciate the orb and coin rewards. I dislike everything else. I hate the 30 minute wait time between each battle. Not having the character you’re supporting means less points which means less feathers. The battles are stale and you are at the mercy of random partners.

Grand Conquest: I actually dislike the Rivals Domain and GC gameplay. Constant reinforcements, big maps, warping enemies, stalemates with neither side showing signs of going down. It’s just a hassle and chore. You’re also even more reliant on your teammates being able to capture areas and no way of communicating hurts even more than in Voting Gauntlet. I do like that it at least gave the friend list a purpose for existing outside of VG.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

1. Grand Conquest, probably. It's the closest thing we've currently got to proper FE maps. Bigger teams, bigger maps, more variety in team comps, goals other than rout. Plus, it's nice that less prepared players can still use other player's units so they aren't entirely excluded.

2. Tempest Trials. First things first, it has actual plot kind of. It may not be much at the moment (or at all), but it gives the mode purpose. Second, the obligatory rewards comment. There's actual reward variety. I love the introduction of Seals and while the TT reward units are stuck at GHB status they're still solid units that are easily obtainable within the span of the event, especially after the recent QoL changes to the mode. It's also nice that it is a marathon mode that's easier to handle than Chain Challenges without taking away the endurance aspect.

3. Forging Bonds. It's like the FE support system, FEH style. It may not do anything gameplay-wise, but the extra characterization is a nice addition to the small handful of character info screen voice lines and a line or two of dialogue in their level 40 convos. The personal accessories are also neat. Each character getting their own accessory adds an extra bit of personality to them. The premise of "bonds give us strength" is cheesy, but it's par for the course at this point in FE so I can let it slide. The only thing I'd like to see changed, as many have already stated, is 1) either give more rewards or reduce the Stamina costs per map and 2) actual explanation as to how scoring works.

4. Tap Battle. It's a nice, casual side mode that gives rewards at no cost, all with the added bonus of some nice music to listen to. I also like that it's different than have "Hero X fight Enemy Y." It's a nice starting point to possibly seeing more variety in future side modes. That being said, there's no incentive other than a self-imposed challenge to finish on all difficulties and the end reward feels very underwhelming. I'm not saying we should be getting a bunch of free units, but an actual reward would be nice.. If they're going to reward us like they do now, I'd rather they actually fix (i.e. speed up) the support system as a whole instead.

5. Voting Gauntlet. It's barely even a popularity contest anymore. The last chance multiplier rules all. And even getting past that, winning means almost nothing. If I wanted those measly extra 500 feathers, I'd look forward to sending home some bad pulls on a banner instead. And that's all winning gets you. No fancy alt of the winner. No celebration banner. Nothing. I'll just take my end of round ranking reward feathers and mission rewards and skedaddle, kthxbai.

1. Forging Bonds. Leisurely with a very easy-to-reach goal cap. Doesn't really require you to be logged in at specific times of day.
  2. Voting Gauntlet. The gameplay is actually pretty fun if I'm not stuck surrendering twenty times to get specific colors for quests. The time-of-day requirements are literally perfect in my time zone, so I don't really mind. The fan art is also usually fun. And the salt. That's pretty fun, too.
  3. Tempest Trials. Three runs a day is okay, but sometimes feels like a chore.
  4. Tap Battle. It's fun like the first time I do each stage and then tedious after that.
  5. Grand Conquest. Too much time commitment. The amount of wiggle room for acquiring all of the individual performance prizes is too small and pretty much requires you to make sure you always use all of your stamina when it caps, which is too restrictive on what time of day I have to play the mode. Auto-battle is boring and non-auto-battle is tedious.

1. Voting Gauntlet

I found the suspense on who wins or who loses to be exciting. It helps that the events are short and don't take too much time. I dislike how multipliers make it so that certain teams will not get many so you can't burn your flags unless you watch the multiplier 24/7. However, the sheer fun of using other people's units and supporting your favourite is something the other modes don't give. 

2. Tempest Trials

The rewards are amazing and allow you to grind HM. Can get a bit tedious grinding for all the rewards but since the rewards are so good, you might as well do so.

3. Tap Battle

Decent rewards for the little effort you put in. The lack of time commitment means you'll not be screwed over especially since the event runs for a long time. 

4. Grand Conquest

Still don't really understand how this mode works. Hated the stamina aspect in this mode as I couldn't get all the rewards due to not having enough stamina and not wanting to play the lunatic version due to facing enemies with skills. 

1 Tempest Trial: The Grind feels just right, and the reward is rather fulfilling. It doesn't feel like you're grinding for nothing, and I actually have grinded well past the top rewards just because I find it enjoyable to do over and over again, and it's a decent place to grind for Hero Merit

2 Forging Bonds: I also find this grind to be enjoyable, and the rewards, a little over 16,000 feathers and support conversations with new characters, to be great. My only hope is that they will have Forging Bond events for characters that are already in the game, and not just new characters added to the game. 

3 Grand Conquest: While I really do enjoy using friends' units and trying to make a working brigade out of my friends units and my own, I find that this mode is a bit unfriendly to me. I find it hard to reach max level.

4 Voting Gauntlet: I just dislike this mode. An individual player can control very little, and I find the actual "gameplay" of the mode to be very boring

VG and GC are going to be at the bottom because I don't like how it incentivises play at certain windows during the day. That's a design that doesn't respect the player's time and it feels shitty that it's basically IS deciding when you should play the game, not you.

1) TT - it's like triple the orbs of the other modes.

2/3) Tap/FB - can't split them yet until we get a full run of Forging Bonds to see how far the multipliers go. I dislike it conceptually due to it being 100% recycled content but this applies to both so it's even in that regard.

4) GC - at least you know in advance what time to play, and the GC tier aspect of it is not time-sensitive.

5) VG

Rankings not final.

1. Tempest Trials+ - while it's grindy and repetitive, there aren't any dumb gimmicks that can screw a player over. It also offers huge rewards including orbs, feathers, seals, and free units. Not to mention the daily quests.

2. Forging Bonds - the accessories and conversations pretty much define this event. Similarly to TT, there's no dumb gimmicks. While it's still a grindfest, it does keep track of how many points the player has earned and has a strong incentive for daily play. It also offers more interactions for characters that can be summoned and the conversations can be viewed without actually owning the featured characters, especially since FEH has a criminally near-zero amount of character interaction for summoned heroes. However, multiplier mechanics aren't very clear.

3. Grand Conquests - orbs and feather payout are pretty decent. It'd probably be better once in-army rank is included so that active players in a team don't get screwed over by having passive teammates. Using friends' units is pretty fun as you can use units you never used before, haven't invested in, or haven't thought much before. Unlike Voting Gauntlet, there's no "schedule" to play around with; you can dump your Conquest stamina and then don't have to worry again for up to 8 hrs.

4. Tap Battles - while I do like rhythm games on occasion, this mode is pretty boring after playing it a few times especially since it's the same few tracks over and over again. Not helping the fact is that the ending cutscene at floor 100 is essentially the same: lead unit finds some body of water to swim and relax in with their party members. The rewards are light but it is a simple mode and it does hand out a couple of accessories.

5. Voting Gauntlet - this cursed gamemode feels like a lottery not unlike summoning; instead of picking an orb and hoping that you get the hero you wanted, you're picking a team and hoping not to get screwed over. Many things can easily go wrong in the fight to help a team win a round especially since you're competing against every player participating in the gamemode (cumulative score), including players in your own team (army rank). Multipliers can make this gamemode fairly stressful as multipliers pretty much decide the round alongside active playerbase size. Its saving grace, if any, is that the round quests offer generous rewards for a rather unengaging gamemode (135 sacred coins in a period of 5-6 days!).

Edited by Roflolxp54

1. Forging Bonds. I ranked this highest because it's fresh. It's something new. This is something I needed after a good portion of the other modes got pretty old for me. Also, accessories! Yay! (Not to mention what looks to be a lot of feathers to unlock heroes' potentials with. Not sure if it's more than possible from TT though.)

2.Tap Battle - It's nonstandard gameplay, but that's a bit necessary for times. It always feels new because of the different music pieces. Speaking of, it also gives a great chance to enjoy pieces of music in the game, something I really like. I also like being able to just play it casually to get the rewards I need. (Admittedly I only bothered to complete all difficulties at S rank during the first Tap battle). The quests admittedly I often miss sometimes XD (They and the event itself almost feel like they extend out for an unnaturally long time, but eh. I guess that's to give opportunity for people to catch up or maybe try higher difficulties).

3. Voting Gauntlet - It's fun and feels a lot less demanding on time, especially given the set 30 mins cooldown between battles. (I kind of hope IS goes back to giving orbs for reaching a certain vote count XD). You can also get a decent amount of sacred coins and refining stones as well during these times

4. Tempest Trials - I used to love this mode, though it got a bit stale over time, which is why it's ranked so low. Don't get me wrong,  I love the rewards but until IS adds a more advanced automation and maybe making it so that phones don't time out during autobattle it'd be a bit nicer.

5. Grand Conquest- This mode bores me, and often I feel like I'm not contributing much. Granted, that's gone away somewhat due to changes in GC but I'll need time to change my opinion. One great thing I have to say about it though are the reward tiers. I love the rewards. Gameplay? Meh. The time limit really annoys me sometimes, especially in the mode its based on.

Edited by Arcphoenix

With Forging Bonds added, we now have 5 different events in the game. I'll break down my own ranking on them:

1. Grand Conquest - I like this event for the fact you can use your friend units and that the maps use some thought to it to be beaten on Infernal. The rewards are also good for me its a 7/10
  2. Tempest Trials - I like Tempest trials simply for the rewards. Its a nice way to grind Hero merits, but what makes this event great are the rewards. It gets a bit stale, but luckily they toned down the point requirement to get all important rewards, so for me its a 7/10
  3. Forging Bonds - Too simply, too tedious and too repetetiv. There is no challenge its just a big grind with meh rewards, appreciate the story effort. 4/10
  4. Tap Battle - Easy, fast, i wouldnt say fun. But it has okeish rewards for the short time you need to clear one tap battle 6/10
  5. Voting Gauntlet - If it werent for the coins and stones... i would totally ditch this event and not do it. 0/10

GHB, BHB LHB and the new Tactics Drills are my favourite "events", but they are called maps they get a 10/10 for me. Its allways nice to tackle the infernal Challenge with different setups. All in all my favourite are Grand Conquest and Tempest Trial. Now if only they could do an event on the scale of GHB that has more then 1 map with good rewards i would be thrilled!!!!

My favorite events are the GHB/BHB/LHB maps, but I think that doesn't count

1. TT: in the beginning it's a fun challenge though it gets repetitive after a few days. Then the goddamn grind starts. Goes downhill from there

After this everything is mediocre or worse

2. Forging Bonds: supports are interesting and rewards are nice. Though I dislike the player praise. I like that there isn't a ranking so that you can take your time. But at best 5 minutes of content daily. Otherwise, a very slow mode. Can be very grindy if you want to receive the rewards immediately

3. Tap battle. Yes. If you think this is number three then you can guess that everything I haven't mentioned is garbo. Music is nice though. I liked the meme battle with Bartre and his axe buddies. Very easy mode to exploit as you can just tap repeatedly the bottom screen

4. VG: Generates a lot of memes, but very investment demanding and requires planning. Also, doesn't do a good job of outright telling you constantly that it's not a popularity contest. Some tend to not realize that.

5. Rival domains: The worst. Time consuming, grindy. Easily exploitable with autobattle and bonuses. Lack of communication with teammates can lead to randomness. You don't even need to put any planning into it because of the things I mentioned about exploiting. Over glorified autobattle mode. Also, rival domains. Yuck

Grand Conquest: unless it's a conquest where I need to use armors, I'm ok with this. Probably I have the least understanding of all the events in this one. If it's armors I need to run for bonuses, I'll just hit auto battle, because it's boring to bring them across these big maps. Also the rewards are very nice.

Tempest Trials: without the bonus multipliers, it's a long way to go. Working for a good rank is not worth it, just get the score rewards, complete daily missions, and it's good to go. Possibly the best reward from all the events, and a good game mode to grind for HM. But it can get very repetitive over time.

Forging Bonds: Feels like a stamina burner for now, the rewards don't look that good for me. Getting those 4 orbs is a lot of work, and I'm not sure if I'm going to reach them. Only event without additional quests. It's ok for people that like those characters, or desperately need feathers.

Tap Battle: Good the first time around, but once completed all for the first time reward, I usually sit out.

Voting Gauntlet: I can't influence the outcome of this event in my timezone, the multipliers are making sure of that. By that, I just try to get most rewards out of it, and picking the winner at first is difficult. Like the rewards on it, and it's a very easy event.

1. Voting Gauntlet. I get why so many people don't like this mode, but I LOVE it. The rewards are pretty good, and I love all the intense fights on who wins it, since now it's a lot more exciting than it used to be. I just love this gamemode so much.

2. Forging Bonds. Probably the most chill mode of the bunch so far. My only gripe I have with it is that it costs so much stamina when I have only 20 stamina potions left. 

3. Tempest Trials+. I like it! Always fun and gives fantastic rewards.

4. Tap battle. It's kind of fun but gets dull.

5. Grand Conquests. I find this mode so boring. I don't like the huge maps. I'd like it better if you would have gotten the option to play 4 v 4 instead.

I dislike events in general since it just means more grinding.

1. Tap Battle: This is my least favorite mode from a game play and engagement point, but it is easy as pie since there are no requirements to get the rewards besides passing the level, so I guess the is my favorite.

2. Forging Bonds: Same as Tap Battle, but it takes a little more brain power and it is more fun. I guess I could just auto battle it with my armor team. I am not a huge fan of the grind though.

3. Tempest Trials: I am not a huge fan of grinding things repeatedly, but at least it is still easy and the daily score multipliers help a lot. The grinding sucks, but the rewards are great though.

4. Grand Conquest: It is pretty much worse than Voting Gauntlet in every way besides being less demanding of my time. Grinding on large maps is not fun and it is not as easy, and the rewards are crap for the amount of effort I need to put in. Rival Domains is fine though since it is just once a week and there is no grinding involved.

5. Voting Gauntlet: This is my least favorite mode due to how time consuming it is, and the meager amount of Feathers does not justify it. If this was not as time consuming, this would be better than Grand Conquest. And I hate the score multiplier. I prefer the Voting Gauntlet to just be a simple popularity contest.

Edited by XRay

1. Tempest Trials+. Before they halved the requirement for the rewards, it was a very obnoxious grind. With the changes however, it ends just before it overstays it's welcome for me. I don't feel the need to grind for top ranking, but the HM is nice and I like finding a good and reliable team to make it through.

2. Forging Bonds. Although the randomness does bother me a lot, since I would prefer building everyone's score evenly, the supports really make up for it all. It was definitely something the game needed to give more soul to it's characters beyond their standard lines.

3. Tap battle. Just sonething fun to do on the side. I wish they switched it up more with setting and daily quests, but outside of that I am fond of it.

4. Grand Conquest. I hate the gameplay of rival domains. And how it feels impossible to influence anything as an individual player. Maybe the new update will change at least that.

5. VG. Just all around terrible. The constant checking, random multipliers that actively put people from certain timezones at a disadvantage, and how the event mostly brings out the worst in the fanbase.

TT+: IS seemed to take a look at TT Mini and say "But what if we made it longer?". Thus TT+ was born. More time allowed for clearing, so it pips TTm on that alone. That and having all units be boosted during bonus runs, Finn was ridiculous in the one that just passed.

TTm: This was already a massive improvement over the original. Halving the score total was enough of a benefit that it wasn't something I missed at all for scoring. Naturally, regular TT just looked worse and worse with each iteration. The changes over time also made it more palatable in general.

FB: I'm surprised I've gotten into this event as much as I have. It's very simple in structure with the 1 map rounds and how basic the fights are making it satisfying and quick to clear. . It might help that Maribelle is in this one and I at the very least don't dislike anyone else on it. If we ever get a Peri alt.........

TB: So, it's simple, to the point and we get good tracks (and Roy's Journey) on it. How could you go wrong? It's main issue is that it's too underutilised. For most of the time it just sits there unused pretty much entirely. I have to assume that's noticed by IS and I have to ask why nothing's changed on that front?

GC: This is a mode I could see working if it was tweaked. The Rival domains isn't a bad idea in concept, though we'll see if the new changes fix its issues. Personally, if I get into the swing of things it's a pretty enjoyable time. If I'm not focused with this mode however it is sheer misery to look at. I burned out on the last one so hard I had 14 lances unused, which is shoddy from me.

VG: THE SALT MUST FLOW. It's not that well implemented a mode and frankly it never was in a perfect place. We've gotten more upset winners than could be expected from a straight popularity contest and the way things are makes it pretty unenjoyable when you're asleep in the last few hours. Enjoyment is still higher than GB or TB though because those lore dumps from each one have been nice to see (the most recent being a reconstruction of Lyon through facing his insecurities by fighting the person he has a massive inferiority complex with, a renowned champion repeatedly referred to as the strongest in the series and someone similar to himself in being corrupted by dark forces). Why no summer gauntlet #2 though IS?

TT: OG TT was kind of the worst. Very grindy and the further along it was the more burnt out you felt. The original was one of the lower points in this game for me, not even getting the 5* copy of M!Marth and all (Capping off an awful 6 weeks with the game to be honest). The reason it's the lowest now is because it's been utterly supplanted by now. Think I only bothered to fully clear once, in February.

I rate pretty much every event in terms of how much free stuff it gives out, the ease of acquiring said stuff, and such. From best to worst:

1. Tempest Trial+: Same rewards with half the grinding time, and thus the best event.

2. Voting Gauntlet: I actually likes multipliers because it means there's the potential for interesting match-ups and wins instead of the same boring characters that IntSys refuses to retire winning all the time (and as a tangent, I have no idea why people want a straight popularity contest and thus the same winners all the time which sounds insufferably boring, outside of wanting feathers). There's no real grind which is nice too. I do wish there was a system in place that would balance the color of your allies, though.

3. Grand Conquest: I find Rival Domains-style gameplay to be pretty boring overall since it's just normal combat but with more units, but since GC has actual good rewards and you can just use 8 spears and autobattle it that means the grind is minimal, which means GC itself is pretty high up on the list for me.

4: Forging Bonds: TT but you need to get four different scores and also the rewards are pretty mediocre (1 orb per character? yeah no). The grind makes this pretty unbearable and the idea of support conversations is nice in theory but a( was given to Awakening characters who don't need more supports and b( is just an excuse for more player butt-kissing.

5: Tap battle. What a pointless and content-free mode. The rewards are okay but being a mediocre rhythm game with stages that go on for too long kills it for me. The only real benefit is that if you wait a couple days it's not super-grindy.

6: OG Tempest Trials. Thank goodness these are gone because boy were they obnoxious.

1.- Tempest Trials; the best grind fest in the game; I like to play this kind of experience because is a good way to get everything and take my time to do it xD

2.- Grand Conquest: It's like playing Rival Domains but in a game-mode and with maps; it looks nice to me

3.- Tap Battle: It's weird this mode to me; I technically like its gameplay but I have problems to make my mind to play it after completing the daily rewards xDU

4.- Voting Gauntlet; eh... this mode has the problem that is almost impossible to create equal battles, every time we just feel the obvious winner won, or the multiplier sheningans defeated someone... the best things that comes from this event are the amusing number of feathers and the fun jokes and comics that the community creates

I think FB is a bit too recent to get a proper rating; I want to see what IS would do to improve it.

Grand Conquests - offers something different compared to other modes, and allows me to use several units that would just be gathering dust otherwise.

Tempest Trial/Forging Bonds. Not very exciting, but at least they have some kind of progression to make turning stamina into HM less repetitive. Rewards aside, I prefer Forging Bonds for being quick.

Voting Gauntlet - The same except you're restricted as to when you can play it.

Tap Battle - not FE, the novelty has worn off.

1.Tempest trials, this is probably the most fun place in the game, it's satisfying to send the units you have built up against maps of enemies of increasing difficulty and unlike the arena you aren't going to run into the same four units every map 

2. Tap battles, they work as a fun little distraction if I'm not feeling like playing through maps and the rewards and time investment are pretty equal

3.Grand conquest, it's a good concept but the rival domain maps become tedious when played back to back like they are. The game mode is fun but often becomes tedious toward the end 

4. Forging bonds, the rewards feel inadequate for the time investment, if I wanted to play the tenth stratum over and over again for basically no reward I would just play the tenth stratum. Also the stamina cost is too high and the maps themselves too easy, it would be more entertaining if the enemy had beefed up stats like the last tempest map 

5. Voting gauntlet, you sometimes get free orbs when it starts, that's probably the only thing in its favour