Hrid Appreciation Thread: Who else wants him playable?

Anacybele

Now that we've finally seen Hrid, let's talk about when/if he'll be playable! Do you guys want him playable as much as I do? I really want him! He looks so cool and he also strikes me as a badass but rather gentlemanly guy. I also think he's kinda hot for an ice prince! lol I'm so glad IS didn't just make him a pretty boy. FE could always use more manly dudes with how many others are less masculine or "pretty boys." To balance it out. And I just generally prefer manly tough dudes, personally.

It's just too bad it doesn't look like Hrid will be this month's legendary hero, since it appears we're getting a blue one this month. Hrid's a sword wielder since he's got one in his artwork. Maybe August? Or could he be a free unit through the story like Fjorm? I'd kinda rather he be a legendary hero so he can get IVs. But regardless, I just want him playable in some way!

Imo, he looks like he'll be a sword version of Frederick. High Def and Atk. He looks bulky as heck. He might have high Res too. But low Spd. Dunno if he's on a horse though. He could be, since Gunnthra is. I feel like he's going to completely powercreep Alfonse, at the very least. Poor Alfy. xP

Anyway, I think the stat Hrid will increase if he's a legendary is Res. Ike and Ryoma already increase Atk and Def respectively. And I don't think Hrid will be speedy, as I said, so that leaves Res. But I could be wrong, of course.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Wait what? He appeared? Pics please!

He's in the latest story chapter.

I would love to get him.  Bulge Prince is the only male OC we've gotten at all yet, so it would be nice to have some variety.  It's a shame they're both Sword Infantry.  (Probably, it would be nice if he was Cavalry or something.)

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

Bruno was obtainable?

Not yet, although I hope he is soon.  Have we seen if his bulge rivals Alfonse's?

I don't play Heroes often but I really like Hrid. He's hot (Ironic), seems nice and if he dies I will write a complaint to IS.

Personally I see him as maybe a sword!cav or maybe even sword!armour since he is pretty bulky looking. I think he could be the legendary hero this month, though apparently we are supposed to be getting a blue hero this month so I dunno.

1 minute ago, ΔZZ said:

I don't play Heroes often but I really like Hrid. He's hot (Ironic), seems nice and if he dies I will write a complaint to IS.

Personally I see him as maybe a sword!cav or maybe even sword!armour since he is pretty bulky looking. I think he could be the legendary hero this month, though apparently we are supposed to be getting a blue hero this month so I dunno.

I think were are Blue this month and Red next month, so hopefully next month.  I could see him being a Cav, but his garb looks too light to be heavy armor, but we have Christmas Tharja, so anything is possible.

I actually sent feedback to IS asking for them to make Hrid playable and to please not do anything to him in story.  I really want him to be a dracoknight  because it would be nice to have an OC flier.  I am getting Armor vibes from Hrid's artwork though.  I am really hoping for Hrid and Bruno to be the next two male legendary heroes because I want them both.

9 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I really want him to be a dracoknight  because it would be nice to have an OC flier. 

YES I agree with this!

Fjorm and Gunnthra are playable, so we're getting Hrid (and Ylgr) eventually. Though, I'd like to see it happen sooner rather than later (biases aside). The Legendary alts are nice and all, but is it too much to askr to get an OC again. Hrid seems unlikely since he apparently uses a sword. Personally I'm kind of expecting the next one to be Bruno. Since we're presumably getting a blue one next and with the CYL 2 event rapidly approaching, we're going to need a reason for Veronica to want to join our side and he would be the perfect person to accompany her/set up for her part. Or maybe Hrid's sword will be revealed to actually be some weird Legendary arrow or something and we finally fill the empty Red/Blue bow void. I'd be fine with that, too.

It's not like what happens to him in the story bears any relation to his summonability. :P

Me, I have no strong feelings one way or another, but do like that he's a bit more solidly built than the average FE guy. It also vaguely amuses me that he seems to just have borrowed one of Fjorm's dresses. If he has a good niche or good stats I'll pull for him, like I would any unit. He'll probably be a legendary which unfortunately means he doesn't run well alongside his siblings but eh. It also means that any decision to pull will partially be determined by what other red units run alongside him. Swordhardt hopefully.

I'm really hoping to see him myself

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Or could he be a free unit through the story like Fjorm? I'd kinda rather he be a legendary hero so he can get IVs.

Why not both, like Fjorm? 

16 minutes ago, Kurrin said:

we're going to need a reason for Veronica to want to join our side and he would be the perfect person to accompany her/set up for her part.

The story seems to imply that vanilla and brave heroes aren't the same. There's the whole "people's dreams pulling them to another world" thing. I'm expecting her to be from somewhere else like Spring Alfonse and Sharena

Edited by Arcphoenix

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's not like what happens to him in the story bears any relation to his summonability. :P

Me, I have no strong feelings one way or another, but do like that he's a bit more solidly built than the average FE guy. It also vaguely amuses me that he seems to just have borrowed one of Fjorm's dresses. If he has a good niche or good stats I'll pull for him, like I would any unit. He'll probably be a legendary which unfortunately means he doesn't run well alongside his siblings but eh. It also means that any decision to pull will partially be determined by what other red units run alongside him. Swordhardt hopefully.

Hrid is older, Fjorm borrowed one of his dresses.

13 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I actually sent feedback to IS asking for them to make Hrid playable and to please not do anything to him in story.

I agree with this entire sentence. Especially the bold part. Here's hoping Hrid doesn't go the way of Gunnthra... Well, he can join her in the Legendary Banner rotation, but don't you burn him, IntSys.

14 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I really want him to be a dracoknight  because it would be nice to have an OC flier.  I am getting Armor vibes from Hrid's artwork though.  I am really hoping for Hrid and Bruno to be the next two male legendary heroes because I want them both.

And personally, I expect Ylgr to be the flier if the Nifl royals get one, while Hrid will be either Armored (to complete the move-type quartet) or Infantry (this dude gives me Ike vibes, and Ike is only Infantry, so...), though I'd be happy to have flying Hrid instead.

As for Bruno, I feel like we won't get him until somewhere in Book III, hopefully with a better Vaskaljalf (with Vantage 3, and maybe some kind of Enemy-Phase-Only Desperation 3 or something unique like that), so we most likely won't see him until next year. Hrid could happen in August, but I feel like we'll get one of Alm, Tiki or Marth then instead, so maybe we'll see him toward the end of the year.

Or who knows? Maybe Hrid will follow the path of Fjorm and we'll get him as a pretty-alright free unit, a Legendary unit, and a unit who doesn't die during the story!

If Hrid is a flier, I hope he's on a Pegasus. Remember, Pegasi like colder climates if FE7 is anything to go by. And Muspell has dracoknights already. I don't think both a nation of fire AND a nation of ice would have wyverns. Instead, make it like Hoshido and Nohr: one has Pegasi and the other wyverns.

It doesn't matter anymore that Hrid is a guy, Subaki can ride a Pegasus just fine!

2 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Why not both, like Fjorm? 

Oh yeah, true. :P

Edited by Anacybele

38 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I actually sent feedback to IS asking for them to make Hrid playable and to please not do anything to him in story.

I will do this myself. We should all do this

20 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I want Hrid and Fjorm to spout Mr Freeze's one liners as they take down Surtr at the end of the act. "What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!"

Let's also pull in Cryo from Mighty No. 9 so that we would really have an avalanche of bad ice puns.

As for Hrid, whatever happens with him is of no consequence to me as he looks no more interesting to me than any of the other OCs. Though, I am debating whether I want to bet double or nothing on him being dead by the end of the next chapter.

I'm pleasantly surprised with his design. But they definitely missed the opportunity to give him pink hair. I do think they reached a nice compromise between "pretty" and "beefy" with his design. We haven't seen much of him otherwise, so I can't really say how I like his personality. To be honest, he doesn't seem that bright trying to Leroy Jenkins his way into assassinating Surtr.

Sword is super disappointing. It would have been nice to see him as a mage or colorless unit. I know a lot of people were rooting for the "assassin prince." But I figured sword was inevitable. Making him a flying mount with higher RES and DC would give him a nice niche, but I'm wondering if they'll take the opportunity to make him an armored unit. If IS wants to make all four siblings unique, we could have red armored Hrid, blue infantry Fjorm, green cavalry Gunnthra, and colorless flying mini-Fjorm. I also wouldn't complain if mini-Fjorm turned out to be the armored one. 

Note that the 3 original OCs, were 2 female (Anna, Sharena) and 1 Male.  Note that only 2 OCs have been added afterwards both female.  Note that Veronica will be coming soon, another female (though this is CYL).  So after CYL2 banner drops next month, we will have 5 female OCs, and 1 Male.  Alfonse is frequently considered the worst of them by some margin.

Laegjarn and Loki are going to be very high on CYL next year if Three houses isn't out by then, maybe one of them also gets in that way.  Males aren't very high priority, I think particularly with OC characters.  They want to sell banners.  Even if OC characters are badly written, if they are a hot female, it will sell.  Hot male?  Probably not so much.  

Not to be a downer, it looks like Hrid may come next month.  

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

He does look awesome! Is he sweating though?

He is, and has quite a few scorch marks on his outfit.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe August?

August's hero should be red, so he would be a possibility. He has a bit of competition given how many sword using MCs there are from mainline games though.

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

August's hero should be red, so he would be a possibility. He has a bit of competition given how many sword using MCs there are from mainline games though.

Yeah, true. Especially Marth since he is so due for a legendary version as well.