Hrid Appreciation Thread: Who else wants him playable?

Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, true. Especially Marth since he is so due for a legendary version as well.

Yeah, I'm expecting Marth myself, though I won't mind whoever they add really

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hrid is going to be an Armor unit. His clothes look bulky enough. And while people complain that there are too many Sword units, Sword Armors And Sword Fliers are actually quite scarce, so Hrid could be unique.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

August's hero should be red, so he would be a possibility. He has a bit of competition given how many sword using MCs there are from mainline games though.

I'd expect Eliwood first myself. We just got Lyn and Hector after all (that is unless IS just really hates Eliwood that much, lol)

He's a QT for sure. I'd like for him and Yglr to be playable.

Yg's holding a book in her art, so she's probably a tome user. If all the Nifl siblings correspond to a different weapon color, what if she had a colorless tome? Don't know how badly that'd break the metagame, tho.

15 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I'd expect Eliwood first myself. We just got Lyn and Hector after all (that is unless IS just really hates Eliwood that much, lol)

I think they love Roy even more though. I'd be surprised if our first red Fire hero isn't Roy

It isn't that IS hates Eliwood. The fandom does. Eliwood is just not popular and is probably the least popular lord of all, at least out of an internationally released game. Hector, Lyn, and Roy are definitely popular.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

Playable, yes. Legendary, no. I don't want any more "legendary" Nifl siblings. The ones we have are bad enough as is - especially Gunthra, whose only role in the story is that of a glorified compass.

Gunnthra’s accomplishments: being a compass, dying

Yup, definitely legendary material.

Yes, please! Sadly, he’ll probably be legendary too because his sisters are.

15 hours ago, Humanoid said:

She isn't. It's a handbag.

Oops, my bad. Well, maybe she's hiding one in there.

Dagger is more probably more likely. Snowflake shaped shuriken would be cute.

But this topic is about Hrid. He looks like a sword armor to me, and dagger flying Yglr would complete the snow siblings movement and weapon quartet. If that's what the devs are going for, anyway.

I saw Hrid last night while trying to orb grind before some banners ended. It was love at first sight. I really hope he's playable. Don't care how.

I'd hope he'd be a flyer but I will accept Hrid in any form.

I hope him to be a legendary Hero. I still have no legendary Hero which I would throw my orbs for. And he is one who would be awesome.. But we will see D= Don't think that it happens anytime soon.

I'd rather see Eliwood, Seliph, Sigurd or any other sword lord in the next legendary spot.

I play this game to play with my old favourites from FE past, these OC's add nothing to the game for me.

10 hours ago, Etheus said:

Playable, yes. Legendary, no. I don't want any more "legendary" Nifl siblings. The ones we have are bad enough as is - especially Gunthra, whose only role in the story is that of a glorified compass.

sorry but the story hasnt even ended for them and you rate them allready as not legendary?

Based on the fact that Gunnthra as so far done pretty much nothing, I'm willing to bet all of the orbs I currently have that she's either going to pull a Ninian or pull a Levn.

I mean, we left the supposedly dead body of a member of the royal family in front of a temple of their patron dragon god. What could possibly not happen?

(By the way, I currently have 4 orbs.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

sorry but the story hasnt even ended for them and you rate them allready as not legendary?

She's dead. If that isn't an ended story, I don't know what is. Unless they pull a resurrection plot, Gunnthra is less legendary than Tobin at this point.

Edited by Etheus

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

She's dead. If that isn't an ended story, I don't know what is. Unless they pull a resurrection plot, Gunnthra is less legendary than Tobin at this point.

There are a lot of characters in Fire Emblem that death does not stop.

And that's not even counting the fact that off-screen deaths are always suspect.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There are a lot of characters in Fire Emblem that death does not stop.

And that's not even counting the fact that off-screen deaths are always suspect.

Does this really count as an off-screen death though? As far as the limitations of Heroes goes, this is about as close to on-screen as they are going to get. I mean, what do you expect - a high fidelity animated cutscene for a single plot point in a mobile gacha game?

Edited by Etheus

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Does this really count as an off-screen death though? As far as the limitations of Heroes goes, this is about as close to on-screen as they are going to get. I mean, what do you expect - a high fidelity animated cutscene for a single plot point in a mobile gacha game?

We didn't retrieve the body to confirm the death.

The intro scene to Chapter 2-7-5 has Surtr believing to have killed Gunnthra. She's still alive in the ending to the chapter, meaning Surtr is a poor judge of if someone is dead.

Gunnthra appears to sacrifice her life to give you a mysterious power while in front of a temple to her kingdom's patron dragon god. Dragon gods are known in the main series to take pity on the humans bound to them and do various things with them including resuscitating their body. If I've learned anything from Fire Emblem, it's that people with close ties to dragons are very difficult to permanently kill. Hell, the power Surtr has from the Rite of Flame is the ability to resurrect after death.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We didn't retrieve the body to confirm the death.

If there even was a body to retrieve that is, given that they're dealing with an insane pyromaniac. For all we know, Surtr could've burnt her down to ashes (why else would the chapter be titled "Snow and Ash"?) after the heroes ran away just because he could and/or felt like it.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If there even was a body to retrieve that is, given that they're dealing with an insane pyromaniac. For all we know, Surtr could've burnt her down to ashes (why else would the chapter be titled "Snow and Ash"?) after the heroes ran away just because he could and/or felt like it.

For all we know, Surtr left the body as it was because he apparently can't tell a dead one from a live one and doesn't think to double tap after he thinks it's dead.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For all we know, Surtr left the body as it was because he apparently can't tell a dead one from a live one and doesn't think to double tap after he thinks it's dead.

That's an equally valid possibility. Though maybe Surtr went out of his way to destroy the body because he failed to realize that she was dead the first time...is what I want to say but then I'd be giving King Flame Hyenard way too much credit. Yeah, your possibility is the far more likely one.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Based on the fact that Gunnthra as so far done pretty much nothing, I'm willing to bet all of the orbs I currently have that she's either going to pull a Ninian or pull a Levn.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for an alt. How much of a visual change that would bring, who knows? 

Could it mean a trip to the underworld, complete with some king/queen of the dead? It'd be more original than dragon-godism for FE.

Hrid is a pretty interesting character, even though he may have just shown up to replace Gunthra but that's my opinion. It would be great if we could get him but that's probably going to be a while if we're being honest. But let's hope he'll be available as soon as possible.