can get laid but don't feel like it

Junkhead

Not everyone can be talked into having the confidence that they can deal with whatever comes their way. In fact I'd say that most people can't. I've heard stories of people getting enormous confidence boosts from posting about their doubts and uncertainties on forums and reddit, and actually going out and doing the stuff they fear, but those are few and far in between.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

I mean you may as well have some fun.

yes I'm serious and can't seem to fix this strikethrough on mobile.

wtf LOL

relationships are scary. i finally got into a serious one recently and have been constantly reminded why i avoided them in the first place. emotional commitment is hard. commitment is hard. i can barely keep myself afloat, not to mention trying to support someone else through their issues.

On 7/28/2018 at 10:03 PM, Junkhead said:

I'm sometimes worried the chick is going to actually swipe right/"Like"/whatever

relatable

On 7/25/2018 at 10:24 PM, Jotari said:

If you can't do both simultaneously, then you obviously aren't trying hard enough. Filthy casuals.

if I step away or look away from the screen during enemy phase, I won't know which unit died or everyone survived, I once restart the whole chapter because I was so sure the Shinon is dead but turns out I just didn't deploy him the first time. So yeah I can't do both simultaneously. Besides I am pretty sure I would pay more attention to the game anyway, considering that I constantly think about whether I should get food afterwards in the middle of having sex.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:37 AM, Vi-astra said:

become gay

As an average gay guy I can tell you it's not that easy to get laid either, unless you are a hunk, but that applies to straight people as well. 

On 31/7/2018 at 2:08 PM, MagicCanonBalls said:

As an average gay guy I can tell you it's not that easy to get laid either, unless you are a hunk, but that applies to straight people as well. 

That doesn't explain the few times I've been hit on by gay guys. Not even trying. Guys will guys, and naturally a lot more predisponed to going after what they want. Chicks will always be more reserved, due to social conditioning as well as their nature. Even when a girl is interested, it's not likely she'll start anything. It's always on you, as the guy (not that I entirely mind, nowadays).

It's incredible how much one's perspective changes when you're not "thinking with your dick". It's no wonder I didn't care for any chick when guys around me where horndogs for any chick that passed by. I was much cooler, when I was younger (at least in this one regard).

I actually was that kind of guy who thought that getting into a relationship didn't matter because if you're friendly you don't feel alone. But I was wrong, being alone, romantically speaking, feels pretty bad and deteriorates your concept of being with people (specially when all your dudes ask you why you don't have a girlfriend yet if you're such a friendly guy). However, I always think that love isn't a thing that you have to look for constantly, it's something that needs to be... "built". Unless you're someone that never leaves home, there's someone somewhere specially looking for you for getting that S-rank Support, but you don't realize yet or you have to meet that person better.

I don't know if this was serious or not, but I wanted to share something :3c

6 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

I actually was that kind of guy who thought that getting into a relationship didn't matter because if you're friendly you don't feel alone. But I was wrong, being alone, romantically speaking, feels pretty bad and deteriorates your concept of being with people (specially when all your dudes ask you why you don't have a girlfriend yet if you're such a friendly guy). However, I always think that love isn't a thing that you have to look for constantly, it's something that needs to be... "built". Unless you're someone that never leaves home, there's someone somewhere specially looking for you for getting that S-rank Support, but you don't realize yet or you have to meet that person better.

I don't know if this was serious or not, but I wanted to share something :3c

It wasn't, but I appreciate the support. Not to mention, it's basically being evolving into a more serious discussion ever since I started being a bit more open about it (it's not the same issue).

Love is the last thing I'd expect, honestly. I don't go in with the mindset that there is love to be found. Don't expect to love any random person...I'm very reserved about that, unlike getting laid (in theory, anyway).

48 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

It wasn't, but I appreciate the support. Not to mention, it's basically being evolving into a more serious discussion ever since I started being a bit more open about it (it's not the same issue).

Love is the last thing I'd expect, honestly. I don't go in with the mindset that there is love to be found. Don't expect to love any random person...I'm very reserved about that, unlike getting laid (in theory, anyway).

It seemed like it was evolving into a serious discussion anyway, huh? There's nothing wrong by asking for opinions on a site/forum, those are just that, opinions, and you're the one who chooses to follow em' or not.

Oh, I didn't mean a random person, btw
I meant like a close friend or classmate that isn't your friend but you crossed paths some times, like it happened to me. I had to realized that person wanted to talk to me.

*stares at topic intently, emitting locomotive noises, steam pouring out of my ears as I try to figure out if it's against the rules to use the term 'boypussy'*

distractedly, out of the side of my mouth: generally the most important thing about having success with whoever it is you want to have success with is treating them like a human being and fully realizing everything that implies, plus being a generally pleasant and interesting person to be around.  it seems like maybe that's not your issue though, since you mostly are talking about being afraid of a relationship on some level.  that's fine too, just don't hide it from people.  if they're not interested then they won't be led on, but there's plenty of people out there who might want to fuck you without committing to a long term relationship, and there's nothing at all wrong with you and them hooking up

19 hours ago, Defeatist Elitist said:

if they're not interested then they won't be led on, but there's plenty of people out there who might want to fuck you without committing to a long term relationship, and there's nothing at all wrong with you and them hooking up

I can guarantee you that there will be some hardcore Christians out there that'll give you a piece of their minds if they ever see this. But hey, who cares :KnollRoll:

1 hour ago, indigospace said:

I can guarantee you that there will be some hardcore Christians out there that'll give you a piece of their minds if they ever see this. But hey, who cares :KnollRoll:

They do, apparently. :P:

1 hour ago, indigospace said:

they can choose to not fuck people, or not fuck people who they aren't married to, and that's fine, but attempting to apply that philosophy to anyone other than yourself is absolutely wild

plus my opinion generally is that volcel is good but abstinence is one of the dumbest things imaginable.  if you don't want to fuck, don't fuck, but don't be an abstinence person

Edited by Defeatist Elitist

7 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

i'm pretty much abstinent because i don't want sex until i get married. is that different from abstinence? 

I feel like this is a rhetorical question, but I'll answer it anyway.

no

8 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

what's the difference?

i'm pretty much abstinent because i don't want sex until i get married. is that different from abstinence? 

that's pretty much abstinence but i guess i'll explain

not wanting to fuck is fine, and not wanting to fuck for x period of time or whatever is fine.  the reason i think abstinence is such an awful concept is that it is explicitly "I don't want to fuck at all until i enter into a probably extremely expensive legally binding contract".  what if you do that and then realize that you really hate fucking the person you married?  what if you generally like fucking, but just didn't get to do it for years?  what if you get married then get divorced fairly quickly (fairly common?  it's a bizarre concept that doesn't really make sense if you think about it.  if both people are abstinent then they'll probably really suck at fucking when they get married, since sex is absolutely not something you save yourself for, it's something that you get better at with practice, so it's probably not even going to be good.  abstinence is almost entirely a tool of social control, and while it sort of applies to men and women, it really is specifically targeted at women and historically hasn't really been strictly applied to men.

basically, if you want to fuck, then fuck, i don't see any reason why you would want to wait until one of the worst possible times to start.  abstinence is deciding that you want to fuck one day, but only after you've decided to get rid of all your other options

2 hours ago, Defeatist Elitist said:

that's pretty much abstinence but i guess i'll explain

not wanting to fuck is fine, and not wanting to fuck for x period of time or whatever is fine.  the reason i think abstinence is such an awful concept is that it is explicitly "I don't want to fuck at all until i enter into a probably extremely expensive legally binding contract".  what if you do that and then realize that you really hate fucking the person you married?  what if you generally like fucking, but just didn't get to do it for years?  what if you get married then get divorced fairly quickly (fairly common?  it's a bizarre concept that doesn't really make sense if you think about it.  if both people are abstinent then they'll probably really suck at fucking when they get married, since sex is absolutely not something you save yourself for, it's something that you get better at with practice, so it's probably not even going to be good.  abstinence is almost entirely a tool of social control, and while it sort of applies to men and women, it really is specifically targeted at women and historically hasn't really been strictly applied to men.

basically, if you want to fuck, then fuck, i don't see any reason why you would want to wait until one of the worst possible times to start.  abstinence is deciding that you want to fuck one day, but only after you've decided to get rid of all your other options

i

c

i dunno. i feel like practicing having sex at the start of marriage is fine for me. i also hope i wouldn't marry someone i despised! the sex stuff seems like no big deal to me. if we're both bad and we'll stick together as a married couple until the end of our lives, then that's fine with me

*shrug*

Sexual compatibility is a plus, but it certainly isn't the be-all and end-all for relationships. Nor should it be...provided that both parties are in agreement and at the same wavelength.