Should CYL3 exclude all FE Heroes characters already in the game?

Icelerate

For people complaining of split votes, I have a new idea, include all the alts in CYL3. Can Camilla still rise to the top when there are four of her around? This won't be able to do anything about a bunch of popular alted characters due to already having Braves, but it might work to drag down a few. What is the risk of Takumi sans alts of sneaking into the top of All the Bravest 3?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Falter said:

Is there really any point to a CYL3 at this point? All highly popular characters have been getting alts left and right recently. If they are just adding these alts on regular banners, it kinda looks like alt 3 or 4 for a popular character that hasnt won a CYL yet.

Theyre gonna make those alts anyway, illusion of choice?

There are still chances for some underdogs emerging. This year we got Veronica, next it might be Hrid or Laeg, not to mention there will be Edelgard and other characters from Three houses. These things itself make pretty good arguments for CYL3

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Has one of the best Japanese voice actors in the industry.

That's so much true. Myukichi voice alone is best part of Fates. 

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m just amused that you label Camilla a “shallow walking fanservice” and at the same time seem to praise Loki who’s got even less working in her favour. But I’m not judging you for that because I know and I get that my opinion means nothing.

Loki is interesting villain . It's shame lot of people (like you) judge characters based solely on volume of their chest... 

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

There are still chances for some underdogs emerging. This year we got Veronica, next it might be Hrid or Laeg, not to mention there will be Edelgard and other characters from Three houses. These things itself make pretty good arguments for CYL3

3 houses is being released spring 2019, which should put them out of the running for the next one. That’s good news for those hoping Marth will win at least.

I imagine results would be pretty interesting. With the only predictably high scoring units being beast units. Even moreso if beast units do get added to the game prior to the poll. However loud people get over beast units now, they pale in comparison to the support of people being reminded they exist and willing to spend votes on the relatively small number of beast units that would remain.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:24 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

The abundance of Alts does make the entire contest feel pointless, it'd be a nice new spin on it now that IS has seemingly forgotten the definition on "New".

So I say sure.  Encourage some variety in here instead of Takumi #5, and I like Takumi...

That's exactly it.  There is nothing special about CYL anymore.  Before it was, wow we are getting a serious alt version of a popular character.  Well we get tons of those already now on every new hero banner.  We have tons of silly alts (with non canon move types/weapons) and serious alts (canonically possible) so what is the point of CYL?  Ephraim, Hector, Celica...characters with alts already.  Veronica is at least something new.  

It would be much better if CYL was a contest to get in the most wanted units that aren't in the game yet.  That would actually make it mean something.

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Loki is interesting villain . It's shame lot of people (like you) judge characters based solely on volume of their chest... 

"Interesting" is a subjective term. Personally I don't find her interesting, and any amount of "interest" or "tension" her motives could've brought to this game has been killed due to the recent chapters taking so long to show up and the tone of the seasonal chapters clashing with what the main story is trying to go for.

How about we all stop throwing mud at each other about "oh you only like this character because tits" or "oh you only hate this character because tits"? Even if Loki's design was more "modest", I strongly dislike characters with her type of personality anyway so I would have find her unappealing anyway.

19 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

There's plenty of fans who like Cam/Tharja beyond the designs and suggestive tones. 

it sounds like you're just salty over preferences, which is fine, but taking it out on others and making broad generalizations isn't exactly a very mature way to deal with things if you want to be taken seriously. I mean I voted for Camilla for the lulz since I found that she had a high chance of making it in and I just have a soft heart towards silly cliched anime tropes. 

Edited the post with Tharja, to make my favor for her, and Loki more clear. Also, excuse me for still not believing your words about Camilla, because FEF has been consistently declared that fails in it's writing, second FEH so far only relies in her fanservice, and that can be seen in her seasonal versions.

Really, the franchise having no shortage of eye candy, and usually more sensible ones, but having personality and gameplay perks as well. Why should I choose Camilla over..... I dunno: Titania, Elincia, Deidre, Mia, Micaiah, Sanaki, Tiki, Linde, Minerva, Olivia, Ayra, Ninian, Caeda, Eirika, Cynthia, FRobin, and what ever ladies from Echoes that I don't mention because I haven't played it but have no doubt it has them in spades? 

23 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Edited the post with Tharja, to make my favor for her, and Loki more clear. Also, excuse me for still not believing your words about Camilla, because FEF has been consistently declared that fails in it's writing, second FEH so far only relies in her fanservice, and that can be seen in her seasonal versions.

Really, the franchise having no shortage of eye candy, and usually more sensible ones, but having personality and gameplay perks as well. Why should I choose Camilla over..... I dunno: Titania, Elincia, Deidre, Mia, Micaiah, Sanaki, Tiki, Linde, Minerva, Olivia, Ayra, Ninian, Caeda, Eirika, Cynthia, FRobin, and what ever ladies from Echoes that I don't mention because I haven't played it but have no doubt it has them in spades? 

Tiddies sell in an anime tiddy game.

I get the feeling that most pre-awakening ladies, bar Lyn/Eirika, aren't gonna be as prominent as Fates/Awakening/maybe Echoes of Valentia for fanservice picks. We have 4 takumi and Camila already.

10 hours ago, Midnox said:

Really, the franchise having no shortage of eye candy, and usually more sensible ones, but having personality and gameplay perks as well. Why should I choose Camilla over..... I dunno: Titania, Elincia, Deidre, Mia, Micaiah, Sanaki, Tiki, Linde, Minerva, Olivia, Ayra, Ninian, Caeda, Eirika, Cynthia, FRobin

*Bangs head against wall*

The only eye candy Sanaki that exists, is the adult kinda playful/tempting beta-Sanaki that is in dire need of explaining how it ever was an idea. Not because the design was bad (it isn't), but how in the world would it have originally appeared in Tellius's plot? I need to know.

And if you were aiming for innocently cute when you said "eye candy", well there are other girls who do better fit that criteria. I do like Sanaki by the way.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Bangs head against wall*

The only eye candy Sanaki that exists, is the adult kinda playful/tempting beta-Sanaki that is in dire need of explaining how it ever was an idea. Not because the design was bad (it isn't), but how in the world would it have originally appeared in Tellius's plot? I need to know.

And if you were aiming for innocently cute when you said "eye candy", well there are other girls who do better fit that criteria. I do like Sanaki by the way.

FUCK ME, that's prescicely why I didn't mentioned Nino, but DEEEEEEERP me, I, JUST, HAD, to forget Sanaki was 13 at the oldest :lol:. For real, how long since I've last played Radiant Dawn?

Oh, I think I know what happened, I was about 15 when I played RD, and she was my crush XD

Edited by Midnox

They’ll do just like the previous CYL and exclude the winners. Stuff like some characters having split votes will still go on due to that character’s appearance in more than one game such as Marth, Finn, Eliwood, Bartre and others. Marth gets screwed up the most by this due to how divided the fanbase is when it comes to him. While the west goes for his SD appearance, the Japanese go for his FE3/FE12 appearance.

I just hope spinoffs are included in CYL3. All the main games have been covered already and we’re currently in off-season alt hell. 

Now that I think about it, due to the fact that FE7 Hector won, his FE6 version will most likely be excluded for CYL3. 

@Midnox Hahah, sorry, but why are you shitting on Camilla in a thread that isn't even specifically about her? We get it, you clearly hate Camilla, that's fine, different opinions and all. But still, this isn't necessary, and is bang out of order, so maybe just lay off and take it somewhere else's? You're beating a dead horse.

As someone who isn't hyped at all for CYL 2 unless Marth gets a Brave alt, and has completely lost faith in CYL as a whole due to the split votes...the only way IS can ignite that fire again is to combine split votes in the final tally, add the Warriors and TMS characters, and not show the mid-term results. I don't think Veronica would have managed to snag 2nd place if they hadn't revealed the mid-term results.

justice 4 Marth pls

9 hours ago, Lau said:

@Midnox Hahah, sorry, but why are you shitting on Camilla in a thread that isn't even specifically about her? We get it, you clearly hate Camilla, that's fine, different opinions and all. But still, this isn't necessary, and is bang out of order, so maybe just lay off and take it somewhere else's? You're beating a dead horse.

As someone who isn't hyped at all for CYL 2 unless Marth gets a Brave alt, and has completely lost faith in CYL as a whole due to the split votes...the only way IS can ignite that fire again is to combine split votes in the final tally, add the Warriors and TMS characters, and not show the mid-term results. I don't think Veronica would have managed to snag 2nd place if they hadn't revealed the mid-term results.

justice 4 Marth pls

Nah, my peeve about Camilla started last week actually, as I'm kinda tired of seeing her only playing with the fanservice, and getting so close in taking away the CYL spot from a more interesting female both times so far. And it's not like FE is lacking in those, and MOST of them win in the looks department as well if they are into that. That's like choosing Kratos from God of War (the older ones at least) over Solid Snake :dry: 

Regarding your peeve with CYL2, comprehensible, but I suggest you to hold on your pessimism for the moment. Just look at this:

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote2?locale=en-US

We know the results, but then why is Marth with the winners? I think it's possible for Marth to be an extra Brave Hero this year considering the split votes fiasco, but there's yet an official word for that. Still, the hope ain't dead either 

19 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Nah, my peeve about Camilla started last week actually, as I'm kinda tired of seeing her only playing with the fanservice, and getting so close in taking away the CYL spot from a more interesting female both times so far.

Except it was uninteresting Heroes OC Number Who Cares Veronica who stole 2nd in the first place "thanks" to IS showing the results at the midpoint. You can't convince me that a bunch of people who hadn't been voting for her up to that point didn't start spamming votes for her once it was revealed that she had a shot.

Also, I'm pretty much 100% sure that you told @Lau information she has been well aware of for months now with that link.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

Nah, my peeve about Camilla started last week actually, as I'm kinda tired of seeing her only playing with the fanservice, and getting so close in taking away the CYL spot from a more interesting female both times so far. And it's not like FE is lacking in those, and MOST of them win in the looks department as well if they are into that. That's like choosing Kratos from God of War (the older ones at least) over Solid Snake :dry: 

Regarding your peeve with CYL2, comprehensible, but I suggest you to hold on your pessimism for the moment. Just look at this:

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote2?locale=en-US

We know the results, but then why is Marth with the winners? I think it's possible for Marth to be an extra Brave Hero this year considering the split votes fiasco, but there's yet an official word for that. Still, the hope ain't dead either 

Except she wasn't taking away any spot? She earned her votes fair and square, just like any other character on the poll.

Believe me, I've seen the results screen. Originally they depicted Marth as his NMotE appearance before switching him to his SD appearance. I just don't have any faith that IS will release three male Brave units, because then they'd probably have to release the third place female to balance it out, because God forbid we have a male dominated banner (LA doesn't count, Eliwood was a TT reward).

If Marth gets a Brave alt this year, that's great, my crops will grow, my skin will be clear and I'll sob happily for weeks. If they give him a Legendary version to coincide with the release of CYL, I'll be iffy with that because Ike, Ephraim, Hector and Lyn all have a LH and Brave alt. If he gets nothing at all, I won't be a happy chap. But we'll see.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Except it was uninteresting Heroes OC Number Who Cares Veronica who stole 2nd in the first place "thanks" to IS showing the results at the midpoint. You can't convince me that a bunch of people who hadn't been voting for her up to that point didn't start spamming votes for her once it was revealed that she had a shot.

Also, I'm pretty much 100% sure that you told @Lau information she has been well aware of for months now with that link.

Veronica is interesting enough. She isn't even In my top10 and probably not even close to it. But she has personality, interesting background and pretty much everything that makes decent character. 

Also why do you consider her getting more votes after midterm results bad thing? It's not like it's unfair to characters that didn't have shot as they..  didn't have shot. 

Nooo, I really want Brave Micaiah!

Honestly I'm expecting the next winners to be like, Takumi, Chrom, Eirika, and Camilla or Loki (assuming Marth is being counted as the 5th winner for CYL2). None of which I would vote for, but I already got plenty of favs in the first two polls, so I'll just do my best to support Micaiah and the rest of my favs who have like no chance of winning. But if they made everyone who's already in Heroes ineligible, it wouldn't be very exciting since at this point most of the characters that aren't in the game in some form are very minor.

51 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Honestly I'm expecting the next winners to be like, Takumi, Chrom, Eirika, and Camilla or Loki (assuming Marth is being counted as the 5th winner for CYL2). None of which I would vote for, but I already got plenty of favs in the first two polls, so I'll just do my best to support Micaiah and the rest of my favs who have like no chance of winning. But if they made everyone who's already in Heroes ineligible, it wouldn't be very exciting since at this point most of the characters that aren't in the game in some form are very minor.

I would agree that if such thing happened, it would make things pretty interesting 

i mean out of all the relevant characters from western released games that we haven't gotten yet are

• Marcus 
  • Sain/Kent/Lowen
  • Oswin
  • Kieran/Geoffrey-Crimean Knight Reps
  • Nolan/Edward/Leonardo for DB reps
  • Silas/Rinkah have distinct roles in Fates that are relevant enough to show up.
  • Volke, Shinon, and the rest of the Greil Mercs
  • Ashnard, Nergal, and Garon GHBs.

that's  just scratching the top of my head. Out of all of them, I'd say that the Greil Mercs, Marcus/fe7 cavs, and maybe Silas/Rinka have the most potential as brave editions if we talk about characters that aren't in the game right now but are still somewhat relevant to their base games.

3 hours ago, Book Bro said:

That's not true at all, still a lot of major characters left to add.  

On 7/25/2018 at 11:17 AM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Alternate proposal: CYL 3 will exclude characters in Heroes who already have alts, leaving room for those that do not to obtain alts. Once they get alts they are automatically disqualified from CYL.

While it wouldn't as fair for past characters (who could be voted on whether they had alts or not) I think this would be the most reasonable compromise to get "new blood" into the game.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:44 AM, Cat Villager said:

Honestly, I wish it was impossible to vote for one character more than once. You have seven days and need to vote fot seven different characters. So the winners would be those characters who got the most votes from different people.  But I guess they cannot do it properly unless they will restrict voting only for those who already have accounts for proper tracking.

I approve of this 1 vote per character idea.