I need Nap Taking Tips

Well, it shouldn't. People heavily understimate sleep and have no idea how much it affects one's well-being. I'm probably happier than most people, partly because of it.

Naps aren't that necessary if you sleep the correct hours.

What do you mean by taking a nap?

But it goes for the same as regular sleep: Get your mind away from your troubles and worries, try to sleep on a comfortable space and eat well

7 minutes ago, indigospace said:

Extra sleep that you can get in during some free time. Something like that.

How many hours do you sleep daily?

If by casualty you sleep 5 hours per day, a 10-30 minutes nap makes you feel more refreshed. If you sleep more than the always mentioned 8-9 hours, then you could try to have a 1 hour nap after some grub.

If you have some sort of depression or insomnia, it's better that you don't think about doing it because it disrupts sleep-wake patterns worse than insomnia itself.

figure out what your sleep cycles are like. there are a few apps that'll do this for you. it's one of those things that i should really do but haven't done myself yet.

14 hours ago, Junkhead said:

like actual sleep

None of this prescribed 7-8-hour recommended. I feel best at 10-12 whole hours. Like, actual happy drugs good.

I agree. I prefer 9-10 hours of sleep, or sometimes a little more.

14 hours ago, indigospace said:

Well that's good to know. I hear power naps help, too. Although I don't know the extent of it.

Power naps definitely help. I nap during lunch sometimes.

18 minutes ago, Hectorcopter said:

Doesn’t exercise just make you feel more awake, and therefore make it more difficult to sleep?

You have to do it an hour before I believe

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I agree. I prefer 9-10 hours of sleep, or sometimes a little more.

I think people really overlook this, but it may also partly have to do with their time management and probably their job. I assume standard jobs are around 8 hours, so maybe not many people know how to balance it out.

An ideal job for me would be to work around 6 hours, so I can manange the rest of my life best. This includes sleep, obviously.

If you find that your feeling sleepy more often try to relax a little bit before going to bed, shut down your brain and focus on being comfy, if you just like napping, just make sure you do it in brief periods away from direct sunlight in a safe place. Source:Wikipedia.com 

1 hour ago, Junkhead said:

I think people really overlook this, but it may also partly have to do with their time management and probably their job. I assume standard jobs are around 8 hours, so maybe not many people know how to balance it out.

An ideal job for me would be to work around 6 hours, so I can manange the rest of my life best. This includes sleep, obviously.

Yeah, I prefer a 5 to 6 hour day too. My job is 8 hours, but it is more like 6.5 hours since I get an hour lunch break and 2 fifteen minute breaks. My old job is actually 8 hours though, and I ate lunch at my desk since I do not want to come in early or leave late; I worked there only for a month, but it was starting to stress me out, so I am glad I switched to my current job.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I prefer a 5 to 6 hour day too. My job is 8 hours, but it is more like 6.5 hours since I get an hour lunch break and 2 fifteen minute breaks. My old job is actually 8 hours though, and I ate lunch at my desk since I do not want to come in early or leave late; I worked there only for a month, but it was starting to stress me out, so I am glad I switched to my current job.

I don't know if this is too relevant to the topic, but does anyone know jobs that are 6 hours and not necessarily part-time?

22 hours ago, Junkhead said:

I don't know if this is too relevant to the topic, but does anyone know jobs that are 6 hours and not necessarily part-time?

Best thing I can think of would be a school cafeteria worker. Although it's most likely 7 hours instead of 6.

yeah they tell you all that bulllshit about oversleeping being bad for you/making you more tired but 1. it is different for everyone, you gotta figure out how many hours of sleep at once your body prefers and 2. nothing beats 10-11 hours at once EVER nothing beats that. everyone who says otherwise is wrong

i have a sleeping disorder so i can't help but take naps (more like involuntary naps LOL) but here's my two cents. if you wanna take naps try to give them a particular schedule (and as someone else suggested it's good to learn your sleep cycles). disruptions in your sleep schedule can cause waking up in the middle of REM sleep which causes sleep paralysis which is incredibly unpleasant and can leave you feeling worse after a nap (waking up in the middle of REM just feels awful in general) and uhhh yeah just learn what's right for you tbh.

On ‎26‎-‎7‎-‎2018 at 12:38 AM, Junkhead said:

You might be able to negotiate a 30-32 hour workweek. There's no jobs that come with those hours as standard, afaik.