Rose tries to Ironman FE10 (most likely will fail)

Rose482

To be honest I'm still not sure if making this is a good idea or not, but I'm going to give this a try anyway and see what happened : P I'm sooooo going to flop ;-; 

So anyway, hello to anyone who's reading this, as the title says, I will be trying to Ironman FE10, but I'm going to make this harder on me by playing this on hard mode, now I've NEVER did hard mode on FE10, I only did easy and normal, so I have no idea what to expect :cry: And of course becasue this is an Ironman run, I won't reset if anyone died, which I feel like is going to happened a lot, I feel like it's a thing that can't be avoided....so yeah : ) Pray for your favorite characters. 

My next post here will be the first chapter, now becasue it's the first chapter I would think it won't be TOO hard, or at least I hope :-_-:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have confidence in yourself, remeber to use the Jagen of this game without hesitation and to just play it safe, maybe it will be wise to bring a calculator alongside yu for really complicated formulas (And sorry for posting first and kinda disrupting the order of posts, I know how it feels to have someone comment before your post.

Okay I'm starting this now, this gif is basically me right now200.gif

Lets do this ;;

MJyHafq.jpg?1

And here are our starting units

8hRrIYf.jpg?1

Micaiah <3 omg I can't let her ANYWHERE near the enemy range, she will go down, and she will go down FAST, also her being a light magic user <3  I miss light magic ;; Also can't wait to abuse her personal skill "Sacrifice" to death in this.

qU66JhP.jpg?1

Edward is good, for a Myrmidon he has a very very good strength growth, he's also one of the easier units to use in Part 1, really the only thing I don't like about Edward is that he has a low  defense, he won't survive 2 or 3 hits, so I need to be very careful with him as well.

And here is a look at the map, becasue why not : P ?

QR8srZX.jpg?1

Should be doable I hope, really my strategy for this map is to make Edward attack, and let Micaiah finish the enemy off, she's a level 1....so girl you need those kills.

wMZLTmc.jpg?1

qFCkr1b.jpg?1

Perfect :B):

O7idIWf.jpg?1

Edward getting a critical and stealing Micaiah's kill V_V  :rolleyes:But oh well i can just let her use Sacrifice on him.

Aacsa8j.jpg?1

Edward stealing yet ANOTHER kill from Micaiah :rolleyes:THIS ISN'T FUNNY EDWARD!!

After that tragedy, a new unit joins.

yZX95dn.jpg?1

Leonardo, and he comes with a dragcoshield...which almost 32843759732 characters NEED it on part 1, I normally give it to Edward, but I'm going to be petty and not do it this time around : ) Oh and my Leonardo normally always turns out good, but i'm not taking the risk with him this time sadly ;;  However I might use him to weaken enemies.

uW6tQFc.jpg?1

tenor.gif?itemid=8059269I'm lost for words, of all the times to go on a critical run, why now? Like i bet few chapters in the future, i will need Edward to get a critical and he won't get it.

56ikGo8.jpg?1

Edward can't double him?  This is a blessing in disguise.

DRVQiKR.jpg?1

Finally our first level up <3 can't believe how much time that took lol V_V And this is mostly the normal Micaiah level up, but she also got HP, which is always nice.

Okay after dealing with all the bandits, all that's left is their boss 

U1RrH7o.jpg?1

He's a very hard hitter, however he has an awful res, making Micaiah easily able to beat him, however I'm pretty sure he can move, so I will use Edward as a shield : )

CK0Tpxj.jpg?1

:rolleyes::rolleyes:I, for some reason, forgot that Wrath was a thing, thankfully though, Edward didn't kill the boss, I know i didn't catch it very well in the screenshot, but he got another critical.

As a punishment, I let  Edward become a punching bag, but I kept healing him so he won't die, and also just wanted a reason to use Sacrifice : P 

91W8AQ1.jpg?1

He even got a level up from all of that, he got defense <3 bless, okay now time to let Micaiah kill this boss.

bDGKCx2.jpg?1

Micaiah's growths <3 okay so....this chapter is finally done with : ) lol I'm scared of what's to come, the fact it took me this amount of time to finish the very first chapter isn't a sign of good things to come. 

And thank you, Nino, KnightOfNohr and Critical <3 Yeah i'm going to very careful when it come to the enemy movement, I know a lot of the characters you get in part 1 can't really survive over 2 hits, so I'm not taking any risks and just going to play it safe, or at least for a while. 

Edited by Rose482

I couldn't stop laughing at that many crits holy crap. I think you might want to give it to Edward since having a def of 8 turned to 9 with the earlygame Weapon triangle advantage might help him survive maybe? Also make sure to give all the weed to Edward so he doesn't die : P  (It reminds me of the very 3rd screenshot of my Rbeecca thread when Lowen stole the kill with a crit and did the same in the next chapter)

Although if Sothe isn't very durable in Lunatic you might want to give the Dracoshield to him.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

10 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I couldn't stop laughing at that many crits holy crap. I think you might want to give it to Edward since having a def of 8 turned to 9 with the earlygame Weapon triangle advantage might help him survive maybe? Also make sure to give all the weed to Edward so he doesn't die : P  (It reminds me of the very 3rd screenshot of my Rbeecca thread when Lowen stole the kill with a crit and did the same in the next chapter)

Although if Sothe isn't very durable in Lunatic you might want to give the Dracoshield to him.

XD Yeah I was dumbfounded by Edward in this chapter.

And hmmm, yeah that might be smart, although  I don't believe Weapon triangle is a thing on hard mode in FE10, I feel like this is both a curse and a blessing.

Edited by Rose482

Oh nice!

Good luck with this project!

Playing hard mode for first time takes guts. However you only really see the difficulty jump for the DB. Like Edward won't double constantly, Micaiah will get doubled and oneshotted and Nolan will have speed trouble with his base equipment.

Differences between normal and hard

• generic enemies are two levels Higher (bosses have same stats, Equipment and A.I. as in normal)
  • the final two chapters are identical to normal
  • less exp. (-5 per kill or weaking)
  • by far less bexp. => pretty much impossible to bring everyone to max level at the end, so take your time instead and give your allies as much exp. as possible

A few tips

•  establish earth-earth supports since evasion is the most important stat for the DB
  • only focus on a few units: Edward and Nolan are good in HM. Leo is ok in part 3 when he has Lugnasadh. In general everyone in hard mode is usable except for Meg and Fiona. I wouldn't even recommend Aran.
  • since weapon triangle is removed you have to care more about biorhythm

Edward didn't get speed in his first level up which is already bad because he won't double in 1-1. At least with the strength point he can finish the weaken fighters by Nolan. Edward's usefulness depends on his strength and speed. He needs speed like in each level up to double constantly and strength to finish enemies off weaken by Nolan.

Edited by Jules

1 minute ago, Rose482 said:

XD Yeah I was dumbfounded by Edward in this chapter.

And hmmm, yeah that might be smart, although  I don't believe Weapon triangle is a thing on hard mode in FE10, I feel like this is both a cruse and a blessing.

OH i totally forgot that, damn also out of topicbut is the lunar eclipse visible for you? America get's no love : (

7 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

OH i totally forgot that, damn also out of topicbut is the lunar eclipse visible for you? America get's no love : (

It's a shame, I wanted to see that moon and to add insult to the injury it's cloudy in Santiago

6 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

hpw do you control biorhytm though?

It's a turn waiting game, suffering with waiting times to get a good biorhythm to attack properly, i think

1 minute ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

It's a turn waiting game, suffering with waiting times to get a good biorhythm to attack properly, i think

be creful, you just doublepostef you might get warning points for that

FE10 can be brutal, since you have to juggle armies around so much.

I can't wait to see Nolan be awesome, since he's my husbando.

Heey, I think this is a pretty cool ironman run. I really like how you're just jumping into a higher difficulty as well. I don't have that much experience with FE10 but I'm gonna to be following. I'm not that good of a FE player myself but some advice would be to make use of the fundamentals of the game, you know... like calculating the stats, counting movement squares and all that. Forging of course is really good for helping units reach a certain attack threshold, whose strength may be lacking. You probably already know this but it helps hearing it again sometimes haha. Good luck on this run!! :)

@Jules Yeah I think part 1 is the part that I'm most worried about, if I can go through it, I think I might have a good chance of finishing this run, and thank you for the tips <3 I will keep them in mind, even though apart of me really wants to try to use Meg, but that might be too risky V_V I'm not sure what I want to even do yet.

@Rezzy Nolan <3 He's one of my all time favorite axe users in FE , I'm normally not crazy about axe users, but with Nolan it's a different story.

@Black Zero Aww <3 I'm also not that good lol, but for some reason I really wanted to give hard mode a try, and thought making a thread to show myself flop at it will be fun, and thank you <3 

Okay now time for the next chapter.

7JWZ3Ol.jpg?1

I will be honest, I don't like this chapter, and really the biggest reason is that you need to escape in less than 10 turns, I suck at  chapters where I need to rush, so yeah ;; I'm a little worried I might run out of time, whenever I played this chapter on normal mode, it always comes down to the last turn, and I just barely escape before I run out of time, so really for this chapter my strategy is going to be to just make my units do as much as they can do each turn, so I won't be wasting someone turn by making them go visit that house on the left, also Edward and Nolan are going to be the punching bags of this chapter, so pray for them.

4Wz3joO.jpg?1

And speaking of Nolan <3 He is easily one of my favorite axe users in all of FE, I just love his growths, he also can take few hits, which is something you don't see a lot from the units that you get in part 1, so yeah I for sure will be using him, but I will try not to give him kills, the others needs those kills more than him at the moment.

6dGu4oA.jpg?1

I didn't catch it on time, but Nolan dodged a 80 something hit rate <3 Edward could never. 

isqk77a.jpg?1,

lol....overkill much? Also I believe this is the first kill that Edward didn't steal from someone, not sure if I should be happy or sad that it took this much time.

tIhxyCe.jpg?1

I have no idea what I'm doing ;__;  I think someone could die this turn.

Okay never mind, everyone survived, and Edward dodged a Javelin <3 Nolan teaching Edward his ways I see.

45kj4Hg.jpg?1

Did I say how much I love Nolan? He's already saving the day ;; 

*Me before the chapter starts*

me: I don't want to take risks : ) 

*Me once the chapter started*

uHyErkt.jpg?1

Things aren't looking too good ;; 

38Fmpw3.jpg?1

knFJgJV.jpg?1

Micaiah however got a level up, and it was a very good one <3 HP AND Speed <3 You know today is going to be a good day when Micaiah gets speed.

vDeTJbA.jpg?1

This has to be the first time where I'm thankful Edward got a critical hit, also I hope Micaiah won't be the only one to level up this chapter, but no one is close to leveling up somehow ;; You sure do get less exp on hard mode.

Okay now that only two enemy units are left, lets look at the boss of this chapter.

rsxHyjg.jpg?1

That speed though...however thankfully he can't double any of our units, but the same goes for us, he doesn't have much defense really, so really both Nolan and Micaiah can easily team up to bring him down.

kdsHTQH.jpg?1

And this should do it, it does make me sad that no one except  Micaiah got a level up though ;; Edward was close, maybe I should had given him the boss kill? I'm not sure, like I'm still not sure if I want to use Edward or not, I'm thinking maybe using Zihark over him might be a smarter choice? Also I just really want to use Zihark and Meg so I can pair them up together : P

Damn, Edward needs more levels. Otherwise he'll become pointless.

Nolan's bases are good... for this chapter. In the next chapter he'll start to struggle already thanks to his equipment. He definitely needs the hand axe. It applies the same to him as to Edward: He can become great... but he needs strength and speed early on. He's one of very few DB members who can take more than one physical / magical hit.

Escape chapters tend to put me on edge, but they can be kinda fun as well. I get why you feel that way about them though. I'm just looking at the comparing bases and the stat averages between Edward and Zihark... based off of that alone I would pick Zihark.

Yeah I think i'm going to ditch Edward for Zihark, and plus I can use all that exp that I would had normally gave to Edward on someone else <3 *I look at Meg*

edit: And I do find escape chapters fun, but like you said, being put on the edge can be awful though ;; thankfully there isn't too many of them.

Edited by Rose482

15 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Yeah I think i'm going to ditch Edward for Zihark, and plus I can use all that exp that I would had normally gave to Edward on someone else <3 *I look at Meg*

edit: And I do find escape chapters fun, but like you said, being put on the edge can be awful though ;; thankfully there isn't too many of them.

Wait you're using Gwendolyn? I mean at least her base speed is good but I think she is away for many chapters? You can use her a few times only in part 1 none in Part2 a few times in Part 3 Way more in Part 4 and in the endgame, this seems bad? I dont know I cant speak here and discuss this game when I havent even played it.

I mean I don't know I can only read the wiki for fast information which is unreliable.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

1 minute ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Wait you're using Gwendolyn? I mean at least her base speed is good but I think she is away for many chapters? You can use her a few times only in part 1 none in Part2 a few times in Part 3 Way more in Part 4 and in the endgame, this seems bad? I dont know I cant speak here and discuss this game when I havent even played it.

As long as I'm able to get her to promote before part 1 ends, everything should be okay I think, and her joining time isn't that faraway.