Is Atelier for girls

Junkhead

Like not that I care, I'll probably play it either way. But, like, the target demographic seems slightly confusing to me. It's generally pretty heartwarming and overall rather innocent, but some of the fanservice posters and promotional material seems strictly targeted towards guys...but then the rest of it just has a pretty "girly" appeal to it.

I'm really confused. :awesome:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Integrity said:

this is one of the worst threads of modern history

yeah

apparently it's really hard to answer one simple question

Atelier is made for guys who think they're enjoying a game for girls.

13 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

apparently it's really hard to answer one simple question

Tbh it's not the clearest answer to come to. The fact you asked the question should be enough evidence of that.

If I were to try to give a serious answer, I would guess that it's primarily for girls but also tries to grab the demographic of male players that like playing as cute girls.

15 minutes ago, Florete said:

Atelier is made for guys who think they're enjoying a game for girls.

Ohhhhhhh.

15 minutes ago, Florete said:

Tbh it's not the clearest answer to come to. The fact you asked the question should be enough evidence of that.

If I were to try to give a serious answer, I would guess that it's primarily for girls but also tries to grab the demographic of male players that like playing as cute girls.

See, guys? Was that so hard?

Thank you.

yes, sometimes answering you seriously can be incredibly hard

but really though florete and integrity (and sophie once you turn your sarcasm detector on) basically said the same thing, just that florete was a lot more helpful and specific about it

sometimes things don't target only one gender. If you're confused on which it targets, that probably means it doesn't target only one group.

Edited by Freohr Datia

It does appear one game had a choosable male protag, a quick read of their description on Wikipedia suggests edgeboy to me to be precise. 

The franchise has a slight look of being cheap prolific second/third-tier JRPGs. But at the same time, I can't say truly say bad of something I've never having tried that isn't de facto garbage. Not big on crafting, but nonetheless, of all the titles available in English, any suggestions as to which are the cream of the crop? Just in case I ever want to try just one.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It does appear one game had a choosable male protag, a quick read of their description on Wikipedia suggests edgeboy to me to be precise. 

Not even close...

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The franchise has a slight look of being cheap prolific second/third-tier JRPGs.

>(

Atelier is like Neptunia: The (adorable) characters dragged me to this series... till I noticed that they don't have much more to offer than that...

Playing 2h of Shallie and Meruru were already enough to give this statement.

Edited by Jules

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Atelier is like Neptunia: The (adorable) characters dragged me to this series... till I noticed that they don't have much more to offer than that...

yeaaah no

Neptunia's marketing demographic is more obvious to me. They're a lot more fanservice-like...Atelier tends to run modest.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Playing 2h of Shallie and Meruru were already enough to give this statement.

Don't compare Atelier to that shit. >:[

Sure Neptunia is more sexulaized, but it applies to both series that the presentation of the characters is a main reason for lots of people to play them. I haven't read any good criticsm about these series, and this matches with my impressions.

3 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Don't compare Atelier to that shit. >:[

... But both are Atelier parts...