Which characters do you think they will might appear Assist Trophies in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

King Marth 64

Since we don't have a thread about Assist Trophy suggestions for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I do think I'll start one.

I do want to see some might appear as Assist Trophies in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate are:

• Mr. You (it's actually his name in the game) from Sky Skipper - since we finally gotten the game, I do think Mr. You might show up as an Assist Trophy instead of a Fighter since we haven't seen him fight outside of his plane.
  • Maybe one of the Labo characters
  • Tifa Lockhart or Sephiroth from the Final Fantasy series - since Rodin from Bayonetta was added as an Assist Trophy for the Bayonetta series and a lot of 3rd Party fighters got an Assist Trophy character joined in such as Gray Fox for Solid Snake, Shadow (and Knuckles) for Sonic, Elec Man for Mega Man, and the four Ghosts for Pac-Man.
  • Maybe a Street Fighter character, I don't know which one though?
  • A Punch-Out!! character, I do think Glass Joe, King Hippo, or Mr. Sandman would might show up since Little Mac became a newcomer for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U and we don't have a single Punch-Out!! character gets added as an Assist Trophy after Little Mac joins as a fighter in For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.
  • One of the characters from Xenoblade Chronicles X and 2
  • Black Knight, Caeda, Sigurd/Seliph/Leif, Gharnef, Frederick, Berkut, Azura, and/or Medeus - We do need an Another Fire Emblem Assist Trophy so that Lyn won't be alone.
  • One of the Donkey Kong bosses from Donkey Kong series and Poochy from Yoshi series - Since the Mario and Wario series has Assist Trophies, I think Donkey Kong series and Yoshi series should need one.
  • Snipperclippers duo - Since they don't seemed to be Fighter like due to they're papers, I do like to see if they can do something that can assist the fighters.

I know I did managed to requested these fighters, but I don't know if they'll might make it as new playable characters. I'll be ok if they didn't make it as Newcomers and still appear in the game as Assist Trophies:

• Mike Jones from StarTropics - since his two games that weren't released in Japan and I do know there's probably some StarTropics fans did put Mike Jones in the official Fighters Ballot for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U back when it was still on before it closed at October 2015 and his first game did get added to the NES Classic Edition. I'm pretty sure Sakurai probably read every characters requests when it was closed and he did said it has to be well known since what happened to Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle that he was going to originally appear as a newcomer but changed to Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.
  • Avatar and/or Elma - since there was a huge request for Rex and Pyra/Mythra to appear as newcomers for Xenoblade Chronicles series reps, I don't know what is the condition for Avatar and/or Elma's results will might happen and what might appear for Ultimate.
Edited by King Marth 64

I think having a set of Pegasus sisters performing the Triangle Attack would be an awesome assist trophy. Probs won't happen though.

Some class specifics I think would be cool:

Dancer: She'd dance in the background for a short time improving all the summoner's stats while active.

Transformation unit: Rampages around at foes. Can get KOed.

Healer: Restores health over time

Axe fighter: Throws handaxes and swings axe fiercely at close range. Can also get KOed

Edited by Arcphoenix

Megaman: I could see Zero being an Assist Trophy. He is a popular character and summoning Zero will have him chase foes and attack them with his Z-Sword or shoot at distant foes with his Z-Buster.

Earthbound: I'm guessing Duster could be one. He doesn't show up with the others in Lucas' final smash and if I remember correctly he fought with his shoes and had thieves tools or something like that.

Mario/Yoshi: Unlikely to happen but Shy Guy wielding a spear like he does in the Mario RPGs and Yoshi games.

FInal Fantasy: Maybe Black Mage could come out and use common spells from the Final Fantasy series but if not Black Mage then just summoning iconic Final Fantasy summons like Shiva, Alexander, and Titan would work too.

Fire Emblem: In my opinion the biggest potential for Assist Trophies since this series is so underutilized outside of playable characters. Either Caeda for the Pegasus Knight summon or the Whitewing sisters for Triangle Attack, summon Tiki and have her transform into a dragon to use fire or divine breath, Black Knight can warp around the battlefield and attack foes, Azura can sing to power up whoever summoned her, Takumi could shoot bows, and Xander could run foes over with his horse and can shoot sword beams from Siegfried.

If I'm just looking at Fire Emblem characters I can name a few suggestions for some.

Owain: Performs all sorts of crazy combos (kinda like Gray Fox) whilst calling out all sorts of attack names. (Could have unique lines when summoned by ANY character.)
Frederick: Think of King Bulbin on the Bridge of Eldin except he charges back and forth across the stage (in a manner similar to Gogoat) thrusting a Silver Lance into targets before turning and having his horse kick them at the end of each charge. (Unique lines when summoned by Marth, Robin, Corrin and Lucina)

5 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

I think having a set of Pegasus sisters performing the Triangle Attack would be an awesome assist trophy.

To elaborate on this one I'd go with the Whitewings OR the 3 in Warriors. That way you can represent more games at once. Easily could have unique lines for

6 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Dancer: She'd dance in the background for a short time improving all the summoner's stats while active.

I'd use Azura for a unique line when summoned by Corrin specifically but could probably give one to Robin and Marth. Though Ninian could be done for the same reason with regards to Roy... Actually, I think I'd prefer that...

I got severely distracted when starting this so I guess I'll just leave this here and come back to it later...