The Grand Hero Battle or the Knee: Walhart

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Zeo @mampfoid @NegativeExponents- @Rezzy @Vaximillian @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @Poimagic @Nanima @eclipse

So here's something special. Lobster vs lobster, Chrom vs Walhart, two Furious swordies- it's a Matt Mercer Emblem clear!

Team is +Spd/-Res Ryoma, +Atk/-Def PA!Shigure, +HP/-Spd Horse Chrom and 4 star +Spd/-Atk Azama

Music is Treachery and Invasion - both from the Bleach soundtrack. Yeah this was so long I had to use two tracks, and Walhart's battle is dramatic enough for some orchestras and ominous chanting.

-So the biggest and first obstacle I had to overcome was the Swordbreaker blue mage, so I had to split my team up for a pincer (huh, get it because of the lobsters?) formation. Azama's double Savage Blow was key in chipping the blue mage's health down so Chrom can just swoop in and delete. 

-Crowd control was key, especially since my main hitters are both Furious melee swordies, so I had to be extra careful with any blue units that pop up. This is why I ignored the axe armour until later.

-Atk stacking with Spurs and Drive Atk was really important. One key moment was the Firesweep swordie- Ryoma needed a Drive Atk boost to finish the sword horse off. Another key moment was in the end, where Shigure needed to deal enough damage so Chrom can end the map with exact HP against the Harmonic Lance enemy. Speaking off, the reason why the video is so long was because I had to lure the lancer into a position where i can safely attack and use teamwork to bring the last enemy down.

-Wrys's kit is a great kit to inherit, so even a 4 star Azama has no problem healing Fury recoil with Rehabilitate. Heavenly Light also helps when the team had to disperse in the second half.

-----

And now for some really late comments.

@Zeo Well to be fair, my Lon'qu only has LaD 1 so far haha. And Walhart is pretty bulky, not even my Ryoma would ORKO him. I'm just impressed Lon'qu did more damage than what I expected haha. And yeah this was my first proper Morgan use, and I was still being indecisive about using him or foddering but this and the Lucina clear seals the deal. I'll use him even with the strange nature and just merge if I get a better one.

As for your clears, I like how your Hero team clear was similar in how the Wo Lance user was the last one to be dealt with haha. Great clear as always, Morgan clear was also nice and it's good to see you make the -Atk work for you.

Also that Chrom OVERKILL on the green manakete was super satisfying. That was my favourite clear of the batch. I was going to do a Horse Chrom, Freddy, Maribelle, Olivia clear but I already spent too much time recording this week, so it was nice to consolidate Chrom in the Matt Mercer clear with a fellow Lobster.

@Radiant Dragon Thanks! I really like the detail they out in this map - with 'Excellus' and 'Cervantes'. As a proud user of Galeforce Siegbert, I approve of your clear! 1 HP Siegbert was pretty scary though

@mampfoid Well it was more that I needed Drag Back so Cherche can escape from the manakete's range. Also I was really wary of the Cleaner since my earlier run had Tactic buffs and Cherche would get doubled. Then I ended up Repositioning Morgan to block the green manakete anyway.  I just have Drag Back/Hit and Run on Cherche normally anyway because it's so useful.

@Nanima Thanks! I like making fun theme clears, especially when I can make them work without high merge units. Also nice to see more underused units, and I like showcasing underdogs anyway,

@kirauza343 Thanks, it's actually convenient that Maribelle already comes with Miracle in her base kit (and the word is similar to her name!). I do feel she needs a bit more Speed at times to proc Miracle fast so I might switch her A skill. Also great clear as well, I like the use of Marisa!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Vantage Kagero looks so fun to use! Very great especially against mages- seeing those high damage numbers is satisfying. Same with Sanaki's TA-boosted Iceberg against the poor fried...err...frozen (?)..lobster

@Alexmender I love it when niche skills like Pass gets used! I've used Obstruct before on Adult Tiki (good thing it's a seal) in the Infantry vs. Ursula infernal quests to protect Lyon from horsies, the video should be in that thread. Still waiting to see if Knock Back can be useful somewhere though. Also really enjoyed the Cordelia Emblem- so much redheads!

@Hilda Dagger runs are so satisfying to watch, the sound of debuffs are music to my ears! Also really appreciate the use of Saizo!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So here's something special. Lobster vs lobster, Chrom vs Walhart, two Furious swordies- it's a Matt Mercer Emblem clear!

Cool theme, also Chrom killing Walhart is fitting. Nice idea to block the cleaner thief directly at his spawn point. Congrats! 

I'm admiring your units, apart from not having any Ryoma and missing horse Chrom, I noticed Shigures cool art, even the animation of his tome is beautiful. 

Tricky, but I got it with Tiki/Reindhardt/P!Azura/Lucius

I've only recently started heavily investing in Lucius (gave him a few merges and some 5 star sacks for skills)...but hot damn...

Running his miracle painbot set with close counter, and its absolutely disgusting 

@Zeo Thanks! It makes me happy to be able to make Eirika shine so much in these clears. It's been a long way since she was called "Nino's buffbot". 

For Cordelia emblem, I was planning on making Selena 5* to deal with "Cervantes" but I felt that leaving her at 4* would be fitting for the "overshadowed by mom" issues she faces, it was better because she was absolutely necessary to deal with the manakete and save S!Cordelia from the mages so she should be proud about being extremely helpful and doing stuff her mom couldn't. I think I'll use this team again whenever Gangrel/Validar come (because I totally GF'd those maps in Awakening), I also want to try a Lyn Emblem clear in some future FE7 map but I still need to pull either OG Lyn or L!Lyn to complete the team.

That Chrono Trigger music really brings back memories... I really love the OST from that game. 

Anyways, each clear was really cool. For the first one, Matthew had to live with the constant Chill Def from Walhart but that wasn't enough to stop his tankiness. This time each team member put in a lot of work so there's no one I can call MVP as everyone had their fair share of the spotlight. 

For the Morgan clear, it's nice to see your Priscilla slowly getting more skills but this time Morgan took the glory by dispatching almost all the map by himself. The use of WoM from Amelia to destroy that blue mage was very nifty. It's very curious how stuff like -Atk natures or "useless" skills can be the difference between victory and defeat in these types of maps, but that's what makes them very fun! 

About Chrom...Holy hell is he a beast of a unit! Dealing so much damage without needing hefty buffs really made my jaw drop. If that's what he does at +4, I fear whatever dares to face him at +10. Like damn, he really left an impact with his sheer strength. 

@mcsilas It's very fun when underrated skills turn out to be the key to solving hard maps, it took me like half an hour to realize that Pass could help with my setup. Knock Back seems very hard to use thanks to it only working when one doesn't kill the enemy but maybe it'll find a use in a cramped map. I'll check out your use of Obstruct for sure, outside of training maps I have a hard time finding a use of it due to it's space requirements but seeing it in action is always great.

Cool Matt clear! As always I get very surprised by non-Azura dancers dealing so much damage and with Shigure being so rare to see it leaves an even bigger impact. Ryoma and Chrom were a killer combo with Ryoma unleashing those Lunas on everything that looked funny at his armor. Chrom killing Walhart was a nice touch, King vs Conqueror both in horses. 

@mampfoid Mono-color clears are always interesting. I forgot Dancers could even attack so I was wondering how the the armor at the end would be defeated with only Olivia there but she sure had no issues.

@mcsilas Insta hype the moment I saw Lon’qu in that first clear! He’s all decked out too! He looks so fragile but like you already said, his high hp makes him pretty hard to KO without swordbreaker. And that Maribelle was great too. I’m a bit jealous since mines -atk but she still has the best offenses of any other healer plus she’s a favorite so I’m happy with her.

Woah, Blue Exorcist?! That’s too good. I never realized how fitting the ost would be. Morgan’s great and all but I felt that Cherche was the real show stopper. None stood in her way and lived to tell the tale.

Matt Mercer clear is cool. Ganging up on the lancer at the end was pretty brutal and I love it.

@Zeo Walhart waiting for his slow demise at the hands of Matt was the best. I was really confused when more reinforcements appeared after that Ayra battled that sword unit. It didn’t fully register that she failed to kill a unit.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

It's actually funny how most people's clears just have them holding their ground at the bottom whereas me and my tanky team wasn't able to do such a thing.

That’s neat though. It looked like a much more effective strategy thanks to the pillars preventing enemies from just bum rushing your whole team.

Warping Amelia coming in to save Morgan was the highlight. I never would’ve realized that Morgan was -atk. He never seems to have any real trouble killing anything.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

Wanted to include Lissa, but I burned all 300k of my feathers the night before and didn't have anymore to promote her.

You could always just throw her in the fray as a 4* like Olivia.

Ooh Chrom finally shows up in a clear. And he’s awesome so it was definitely worth the wait. Units can barely scratch him.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

I did have to forgo Aether in favor of Bonfire for efficiency though. Something I didn't want to do but didn't really have a choice in the matter.

Doesn’t seem that bad. It just means you have one more special to choose from when needed. Options are far from a bad thing.

———————————

@Rafiel's Aria

Took me a while but finally got around to doing some recordings of my own.

Music used was “Final Fantasy (I to VI) Battle Theme Medley”

This first one was pretty basic. I just threw the team I was using for Forging Bonds and it turned out surprisingly well.

Trilema is may not be the most reliable staff but it works well enough in helping Canas take down the armor and the green manakete while minimizing the damage Boey takes from the blue mage.

Music used was “Esaka” and “Falling Down”

A Valentian clear (let’s pretend Camus is actually Zeke because he technically is) felt appropriate for Walhart as he is definitely the biggest Alm and Celica fanboy. Didn’t have Celica though so he’ll have to settle for just Alm. It’s a shame Boey dealt with Walhart before he met Alm but oh well. This clear was tough as nails as it is and just being able to do it felt good enough.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Alexmender The more I do these clears, the more I see the use of unconventional things such as pass, obstruct and even -ATK natures (my Morgan wouldn't have survived some of the battles he was in if he'd been -HP or -RES, which is actually what I'm searching for.). The use of Pass was so quick you almost could have missed it, yet it was crucial to this clear. For a map where enemies spawn literally from all sides, you handled it with grace and elegance, fitting considering your main. Good show.

Glorious double Luna proc on Walhart in the Cordelia clear. When I saw Selena not get the kill on the armor knight my first thought was "...so what is she there for?" but she did pitch in to help her mom. OG Cordelia and the bride did the heavy lifting, but every action of S!Cordelia and Selena was crucial as well. It's rare to see alternative clears from you, so this was neat.

@Ginko I was sitting there wondering how you were going to deal with Walhart before I noticed Roy had Axebreaker. Wasn't paying attention during at the beginning. Your team crushed it. The exact 61 damage on the green manakete was a nice touch as well. Also Shiro has no business being that fast. You danced Siegbert at the end as if he was going to get the last kill but then you were just like "...ehh, I'll let Shiro do it." and to my surprise he could double. Ridiculous.

@mampfoid Wings of Mercy saves the day yet again. Very clever use of a ranged unit to snipe the Firesweep cav behind the wall. That placement of enemies is awful for clears like yours but you made it work. It was even more of a shocker than Roy surviving the green manakete. That 29 RES really served him. My B!Roy and his 21 RES would not have been able to duplicate this result. Nice work.

@mcsilas Lon'Qu! Now that's a unit you don't see often! Major kudos for promoting him, he was a treat to see. Sadly I've already merged a *4 to +10 with that same nature so he'll see no promotion from me. Even more sad that even with LnD3 and a Wo Dao+ he hits like a wet noodle as he wasn't able to chop readily through Walhart. Still I thoroughly enjoyed the clear. Things got dicey near the end but Maribelle's Savage Pain really came in handy, she really put in an incredible amount of work not only as a healer and chipper but just a flat out combat unit. Top it off with Olivia doing quite a bit of tanking. Mine is identical to yours except swap out Speed+3 with Fury and take away 2 merges (yeah.. can't seem to pull her now, really regret those days where I used her for Hone ATK 3 fodder. May have even sent some home.)

Hey! Morgan! I have to admit I cringed when I saw he didn't have any skills, still you used him to make short work of Walhart. The AI spared you here I saw though. It opted for it's "Ranged unit attacks first" pattern. If it hadn't, the dagger could have attacked Morgan and the dragon could have finished him off. AI at it's finest indeed. 

@Some Jerk lol @ the Firesweep cavalier though. Nice B!Lyn also, still wondering how I'm going to build her. An Owl tome is definitely a strong possibility. Particularly after this clear.

@kirauza343 Really not that much to say honestly, the clear was so... simple if that makes sense. It was as if you were just clearing a normal stage rather than a GHB. That's saying something. Nicely done.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Masterful clear. The positioning and kills were so on point they were perfect. Walhart's army was trying to dogpile on top of you and spread out menacingly every turn but you knew exactly what to do every turn and just made it look easy. So strategically and surgically done that it's just brilliant. You're proud of your clear? You should be.

I've had these recorded for a while, but blah blah blah lack of time blah blah legendary Lucina clears will be in a few days, let's just cut to the chase. It's late and I'm late, you know the drill.

@Rezzy @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Okigen @Johann @Cute Chao @Usana @Hilda @Poimagic @DarkLordIvy

First the clear with my tried and true hero team. Took more than a couple of tries but mostly just because I was stubborn and wanted to punch through from the front, when I saw that wasn't going to happen then I went up the right side. It's actually funny how most people's clears just have them holding their ground at the bottom whereas me and my tanky team wasn't able to do such a thing. Never the less, we did the deed. Go.

Next we have Morgan. Morgan I actually cleared in even less tries than Matthew, but when it was time to record I actually forgot what I did and ended up sinking dozens of retries trying to replicate the strat. After nearly giving up and getting ready to opt for another strategy I thought "...I wonder if I just-". A simple swap from Amelia to Morgan was all I needed to secure victory. This is also one of those cases where -ATK saved Morgan. Had he been -RES or -HP this clear would have been impossible without some sort of fortify or tactics skill. Check it out.

Lastly we have a themed clear (no this is still not the norm and likely not to happen for the Legendary battle, that one's brutal) with Awakening units. But unlike everyone else, there's no Cordelia or even Cherche in this one. Instead we take a far left and have Chrom headline the clear. He's my *5 +10 of choice but he's stuck at +4 at the moment due to lack of copies. He put in enough work to make this clear a reality though and he's been decked out with a premium skill or two. It was my intent to have him spearhead this clear to give him some spotlight but it worked out that way in the end without me even trying to. I did have to forgo Aether in favor of Bonfire for efficiency though. Something I didn't want to do but didn't really have a choice in the matter.

Wanted to include Lissa, but I burned all 300k of my feathers the night before and didn't have anymore to promote her. Didn't end up neccesary though, and I'm happy at how the clear turned out. That and it gave my future endgame sword unit a chance to shine. Last clear guys. Go.

I'm done here. Still need to do Lucina. We'll get to her soon enough. 

Cheers~

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @NegativeExponents- @Rezzy @Vaximillian @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @Poimagic @Nanima @eclipse

Team is +Spd/-Res Ryoma, +Atk/-Def PA!Shigure, +HP/-Spd Horse Chrom and 4 star +Spd/-Atk Azama

Music is Treachery and Invasion - both from the Bleach soundtrack. Yeah this was so long I had to use two tracks, and Walhart's battle is dramatic enough for some orchestras and ominous chanting.

-So the biggest and first obstacle I had to overcome was the Swordbreaker blue mage, so I had to split my team up for a pincer (huh, get it because of the lobsters?) formation. Azama's double Savage Blow was key in chipping the blue mage's health down so Chrom can just swoop in and delete. 

-Crowd control was key, especially since my main hitters are both Furious melee swordies, so I had to be extra careful with any blue units that pop up. This is why I ignored the axe armour until later.

-Atk stacking with Spurs and Drive Atk was really important. One key moment was the Firesweep swordie- Ryoma needed a Drive Atk boost to finish the sword horse off. Another key moment was in the end, where Shigure needed to deal enough damage so Chrom can end the map with exact HP against the Harmonic Lance enemy. Speaking off, the reason why the video is so long was because I had to lure the lancer into a position where i can safely attack and use teamwork to bring the last enemy down.

-Wrys's kit is a great kit to inherit, so even a 4 star Azama has no problem healing Fury recoil with Rehabilitate. Heavenly Light also helps when the team had to disperse in the second half.

-----

And now for some really late comments.

@Zeo Well to be fair, my Lon'qu only has LaD 1 so far haha. And Walhart is pretty bulky, not even my Ryoma would ORKO him. I'm just impressed Lon'qu did more damage than what I expected haha. And yeah this was my first proper Morgan use, and I was still being indecisive about using him or foddering but this and the Lucina clear seals the deal. I'll use him even with the strange nature and just merge if I get a better one.

As for your clears, I like how your Hero team clear was similar in how the Wo Lance user was the last one to be dealt with haha. Great clear as always, Morgan clear was also nice and it's good to see you make the -Atk work for you.

Also that Chrom OVERKILL on the green manakete was super satisfying. That was my favourite clear of the batch. I was going to do a Horse Chrom, Freddy, Maribelle, Olivia clear but I already spent too much time recording this week, so it was nice to consolidate Chrom in the Matt Mercer clear with a fellow Lobster.

@Radiant Dragon Thanks! I really like the detail they out in this map - with 'Excellus' and 'Cervantes'. As a proud user of Galeforce Siegbert, I approve of your clear! 1 HP Siegbert was pretty scary though

@mampfoid Well it was more that I needed Drag Back so Cherche can escape from the manakete's range. Also I was really wary of the Cleaner since my earlier run had Tactic buffs and Cherche would get doubled. Then I ended up Repositioning Morgan to block the green manakete anyway.  I just have Drag Back/Hit and Run on Cherche normally anyway because it's so useful.

@Nanima Thanks! I like making fun theme clears, especially when I can make them work without high merge units. Also nice to see more underused units, and I like showcasing underdogs anyway,

@kirauza343 Thanks, it's actually convenient that Maribelle already comes with Miracle in her base kit (and the word is similar to her name!). I do feel she needs a bit more Speed at times to proc Miracle fast so I might switch her A skill. Also great clear as well, I like the use of Marisa!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Vantage Kagero looks so fun to use! Very great especially against mages- seeing those high damage numbers is satisfying. Same with Sanaki's TA-boosted Iceberg against the poor fried...err...frozen (?)..lobster

@Alexmender I love it when niche skills like Pass gets used! I've used Obstruct before on Adult Tiki (good thing it's a seal) in the Infantry vs. Ursula infernal quests to protect Lyon from horsies, the video should be in that thread. Still waiting to see if Knock Back can be useful somewhere though. Also really enjoyed the Cordelia Emblem- so much redheads!

@Hilda Dagger runs are so satisfying to watch, the sound of debuffs are music to my ears! Also really appreciate the use of Saizo!

Cool, I cheesed out and beat it with Reinhardt, Bridelia, and two dancers.

I went ahead and merged my Walmart to +2, too.

@Alexmender Your Eirika clear was really cool to watch, especially the use of pass! It makes me really jealous watching your videos because Eirika won’t show up for more merges ugh

I’m really biased towards Cordelia because Awakening was my first FE game and Cordelia was the first person I S-supported, so the themed team was nice. Glad to see Selena put in some work too.

8 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Mono-color clears are always interesting. I forgot Dancers could even attack so I was wondering how the the armor at the end would be defeated with only Olivia there but she sure had no issues.

Mono color was a coincidence after putting the team together and I needed the dancer kill on EP. Wasn't a big achievement since three enemies were green and the only blue was of low bulk. 

Took me a while but finally got around to doing some recordings of my own.

Nice use of Maribelles new skill directly in the beginning. Canas makes short process of Walhart, but doubling the Archer was a little surprise. Boeys long duel with the dragon ends in his favor. 

Valentian clear

Interesting team composition, also original idea to block the path for both sword units with green Boey. I like to see some Alm action, he doesn't seem to be the most famous protagonist.

Great clears!

@NegativeExponents- Great themed clears again! I wanted to do a Valentia clear but I had no Alm. I do have Celica but I wish Valentia had a dancer unit because the restrictions in the map can be hard with squishy mages heh. 

Impressed at Boey surviving the red attacks.

Also nice use of Trilemma for the first one! I haven't actually taught that skill to Maribelle yet but it would be really useful for PvE clears like this. Canas shone really well in this clear!

I lucked out with my Maribelle- I guess it's the game throwing me a bone after not having a 5 star horse healer until now haha. 

Also I find it funny that both Maribelle and Skynian are also part of my Forging Bonds team, (albeit in separate accounts)

And yeah Blue Exorcist had some darn good music. One of my favourite soundtracks.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention in my post but Shigure needed the Close Def SS not to tank a hit, but to manipulate the swordie to approach in a specific direction. I hate how changing that seal changed the AI patterns.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Mono color was a coincidence after putting the team together and I needed the dancer kill on EP. Wasn't a big achievement since three enemies were green and the only blue was of low bulk. 

Didn’t even notice there were was only one blue in this GHB. It’s still impressive regardless.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nice use of Maribelles new skill directly in the beginning. Canas makes short process of Walhart, but doubling the Archer was a little surprise. Boeys long duel with the dragon ends in his favor. 

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also nice use of Trilemma for the first one! I haven't actually taught that skill to Maribelle yet but it would be really useful for PvE clears like this. Canas shone really well in this clear!

Maribelle’s Trilemma coming into play was one of my goals. It seems like an interesting skill but more often than not it works against my favor or does nothing at all. It’s pretty great when it actually works as it’s useful for both tanking and attacking. I’m glad I found a use for it.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Interesting team composition, also original idea to block the path for both sword units with green Boey.

Impressed at Boey surviving the red attacks.

Believe me, Boey holding a choke point against some reds was not my first idea but both Alm and Camus had some bigger fishes to fry and the only one left to distract the reds was Boey. I couldn’t even move him one space back because the other swordie would’ve annihilated him. He just needed to stay his ground until backup (Camus) arrived.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I like to see some Alm action, he doesn't seem to be the most famous protagonist.

Which is strange because I remember him doing pretty well in CYL 2 and his refined Falchion is one of the best weapons. 16mt brave sword with no spd penalty, built-in renewal, and dragon effectiveness is awesome. Sure the brave effect is only there at full hp but it’s still great. I wonder why he’s oftenly used.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention in my post but Shigure needed the Close Def SS not to tank a hit, but to manipulate the swordie to approach in a specific direction. I hate how changing that seal changed the AI patterns.

Hmmm... I assume you used it to force the infantry sword user to go up and approach Ryoma from the upper left corner? Was I close?

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Hmmm... I assume you used it to force the infantry sword user to go up and approach Ryoma from the upper left corner? Was I close?

Without Close Def, the Firesweep sword user would from the left instead of the top, which would mean I couldn't dance everyone out when the blue horse mage approaches. Shigure was the only one able to tank a hit from that blue horse mage, it was a real threat to my team.

As for the Alm thing, I guess it's because he is quite rare. The last banner that had him, he shared with 3 other Falchion users. Also he did fairly well in CYL but I guess that's also recency bias since SoV came out the year before. He doesn't have any strong characteristics that stand out, unlike say, Hector because of his personality/axe or something. I guess SoV isn't as popular as other games, they don't even have alts yet. Either way, I sure would like an Alm.

@mcsilas Ah I see. At least I was right about forcing a swordie to go up but it just happened to be the wrong sword unit.

I thought about him being a 5* exclusive as an issue. I wasn’t sure if that was enough though but you’re right about him being rarely featured in a banner so I guess it’s a combination of those two things. Huh, I’m luckier than I give myself credit for.

His personality doesn’t seem all that different from Ephraim and for some reason his tendency to make puns really stuck out to me (although I guess all pun induced fun was restricted strictly to investigation). Punny Ephraim, what’s not to like? Well I guess it’s just me then.

Also I’m glad you brought up alts because that reminds me:

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Great themed clears again! I wanted to do a Valentia clear but I had no Alm. I do have Celica but I wish Valentia had a dancer unit because the restrictions in the map can be hard with squishy mages heh. 

Faye would be awesome as a Valentia dancer. Would be unique too as she would be the first Healer/Dancer since “Again” was restricted to her Healer class.

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

16mt brave sword with no spd penalty, built-in renewal, and dragon effectiveness is awesome. 

Yeah, his refinement is great, was one of my first to spend Dew on. 

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Didn’t even notice there were was only one blue in this GHB. 

The starting six had one blue, the reinforcements had further (I guess, never saw them myself). 

• 6 months later...

Looks like I am the only one who still has to post a clear of this:

@mampfoid @mcsilas @kirauza343 @Zeo @Azuris @ruruo @daisy jane @Sasori @Landmaster

Music: 1. Snow in Summer 2. Cold Steel Coffin - both from Nier Gestalt/Replicant

I think this is when they started to really get into reinforcement GHBs. It didn't take too much time to clear though, since the reinforcement spawning units were easily picked out and murdered in a controlled fashion. Although the Takus did have to take a few hits, it still worked out fine for them. All of these guys put in their work and had little trouble offing the enemies aside from the green trash can. (still regret not being able to pull for H!Ryouma's dagger.)

I'll try to get to the other clears this week, but things will take longer due to me having started a full-time internship.  

@Nanima, @Landmaster, @mcsilas, @Zeo, @mampfoid, @Usana, @Robert of Normandy, @Alkaid

The Lag issues are still there, but i figure, just turn the sound off, and you won't be bothered (LOL maybe I'll figure out how to get rid of this - i use an iphone, and it really just started happening). I still have the Nephenee/Elincia clear (two one with Myrrh one without) if people like to see it.  just lemme know. 

Anyhoo. I had Ideally wanted to do this with Cherche whom i've recently promoted - but with all the magic, and the fact that she explodes if anything resembling a tome comes near her  that was a no go. So Myrrh was happy to step in, but i am also happy that everyone had a role to play, including Bath Sakura in her official debut (I sacrificed Camilla for her, giving her Atk/Spd 2, and Hone Fliers). I am hoping one of these days I'll be able to run a squad without a dancer but.... today is not that day. 

The Squadron This time Is:
Red; Elincia (+hp/-res - not for long because on the BHB banner I lucked out and got a +spd Elincia)
Green: Myrrh (+def/-spd +2). 
Blue: Bridal Ninian taking her usual spot (+spd/-def) and
Colourless: Bath Sakura (+atk/-def, using gravity+ instead of grandscratcher which is so much better even though it's 2 less might)

The funny thing about this is - I figured it out in the third try - but then when it went to record, I couldn't remember what i had to do. i swear short term memory loss when it comes to recording clears or something. anyway! A Thrashing Awaits!

Oh thank god someone else bumped this first.

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Sasori

This was actually a bit trickier than I was expecting, partially due to all the effectivness negating skills. Also had to feed one of my last Bartres to Caeda for Smite so that Hinoka could take out the firesweep cavalier. :/

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Nanima and Robert - Great clears!!:)

Thanks - and good job on your clear as well!

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

(seriously, if i could give you my Bartres, Robert, i would. i have like a gazillion of him)

If only, eh? I'm sure I'll get more of him down the road.

Got my clear out of the way after agonizing hours which I dedicate to @mampfoid and @LordFrigid for teaching me about the wonderful world of Smite and Lunge.

Here was have Alm's debut with his waifu and her two frens~

Tried many different ways of tackling this upfront, but the reinforcements became too much, so we took it from the side~ In order for Alm to not get completely destroyed by the Swordbreaker Blue Mage, I had him Lunge himself out of harm's way~ After that, just had to Smite him to safety from the the Red Mage and we were good to go. Originally Boey was becoming more of a liability than an asset but once we reworked the strategy, he came through like he always does~

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

Looks like I am the only one who still has to post a clear of this:

Music: 1. Snow in Summer 2. Cold Steel Coffin - both from Nier Gestalt/Replicant

I think this is when they started to really get into reinforcement GHBs. It didn't take too much time to clear though, since the reinforcement spawning units were easily picked out and murdered in a controlled fashion. Although the Takus did have to take a few hits, it still worked out fine for them. All of these guys put in their work and had little trouble offing the enemies aside from the green trash can. (still regret not being able to pull for H!Ryouma's dagger.)

I'll try to get to the other clears this week, but things will take longer due to me having started a full-time internship.  

Nice having Poison Strike on Sunkumi to chip away at the Wary Fighter. Plus Skadkumi helps with that, too, with his effect. I got worried with the number of reinforcements in that close space, but the Takus sniped down their foes as fast as they appeared. OG!Takumi was quite the MVP taking care of Walhart and the final Bow Cav who could have been an issue if he got another turn to live. Everyone took a bit of a beating but they pulled off the victory. Wonderful job! Dancing Ryoma's dagger is a nice one, I was lucky enough to be able to snag it on the current Banner~ Hopefully you'll be able to get it to deal with those annoying refrigerators. 

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

The Lag issues are still there, but i figure, just turn the sound off, and you won't be bothered (LOL maybe I'll figure out how to get rid of this - i use an iphone, and it really just started happening). I still have the Nephenee/Elincia clear (two one with Myrrh one without) if people like to see it.  just lemme know. 

Anyhoo. I had Ideally wanted to do this with Cherche whom i've recently promoted - but with all the magic, and the fact that she explodes if anything resembling a tome comes near her  that was a no go. So Myrrh was happy to step in, but i am also happy that everyone had a role to play, including Bath Sakura in her official debut (I sacrificed Camilla for her, giving her Atk/Spd 2, and Hone Fliers). I am hoping one of these days I'll be able to run a squad without a dancer but.... today is not that day. 

The Squadron This time Is:
Red; Elincia (+hp/-res - not for long because on the BHB banner I lucked out and got a +spd Elincia)
Green: Myrrh (+def/-spd +2). 
Blue: Bridal Ninian taking her usual spot (+spd/-def) and
Colourless: Bath Sakura (+atk/-def, using gravity+ instead of grandscratcher which is so much better even though it's 2 less might)

The funny thing about this is - I figured it out in the third try - but then when it went to record, I couldn't remember what i had to do. i swear short term memory loss when it comes to recording clears or something. anyway! A Thrashing Awaits!

Precious baby Myrrh killing everything at the start. You really weren’t bothered causing all those reinforcements to spawn at once at all. Using Elincia’s Flying mobility made reaching the enemies much easier~ And nice using that Gravity on Dr. Sakura, great and kept everyone safe~ Nice job!

AND YES POST THE NEPHLINCIA ONE

4 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Oh thank god someone else bumped this first.

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Sasori

This was actually a bit trickier than I was expecting, partially due to all the effectivness negating skills. Also had to feed one of my last Bartres to Caeda for Smite so that Hinoka could take out the firesweep cavalier. :/

The Lunge and Smite strats, really nice how you maneuvered everyone around here. Awesome job!

So, I expected this to be worse when I first failed. But nope.

Askrtrio cleared with Genny. I start with Genny hitting the knight and being dragged back by Anna, while Alfonse sits in range of the knight where the blue mage can't hit him and he finishes the knight. Next turn I have the blue mage taken out and Alfonse is in range of the red mage and Walhart, where the mage fails to kill and Walhart gives 0 damage and gets 1-shot in return (Triple Brazen is beautiful. Triple Brazen with Sol is hilarious.). From there it's mostly things as they come, though Alfonse had to tank a it and I had a scare with the blue mage (Thankfully Noatun's refine proved worth it again.)

Walhart fought himself with LunEirika, Finn and Brunonica, also pretty simple once the mages were dealt with but Walhart was trickier to fight with himself.