The Grand Hero Battle or the Knee: Walhart

SatsumaFSoysoy

@SatsumaFSoysoy Thanks! I haven't used Obstruct outside of training maps yet, but I may use the seal one day. 

Your Kagero is as impressive as always, those Vantage one shots never cease to amaze me. It is also very nice to see a mostly vanilla Sanaki deal so much punishment, I hope to get a Lilina to those levels one day.

@mampfoid Thanks! Maybe I'll get to use the oft forgotten Knock Back one day. 

That clear was something else! I had my doubts of how you would do this with the horse and the dragon being on the corners of the map, but once again Lunge proves it's value when it comes to mobility! I'm very jealous of your +Spd Eirikalter, I had to settle with a +Hp -Res one because I haven't been able to summon more copies. It's also interesting to see a 4*+10, you don't see them a lot nowadays I wasted 11 Clairs and will forever regret that but they're still pretty strong. Nice touch going full red against the big lobster.

@kirauza343 L'Arachel saw the Conqueror's defeat as a pretty big accomplishment and decided to reward me with extra feathers, it was a nice touch that I didn't expect. I'm glad you enjoy seeing my Eirika try to take on the world alongside the cheer squad. Thanks!

That 72 dmg Ignis tho! It was a very impressive clear, I often forget how great of a tank Micaiah can be but this shows she's a lot more sturdy than what her stats show. In any case, everyone did their fair share of work here and it was very smooth. Congrats!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @mampfoid @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

"Help! A cute little girl in huge armor is standing on our spawn!"

My F!Grima Tactics team unfortunately got their faces rearranged by that Cleaner Thief, so I had to dust off the Armor team. Effie has since been replaced by LA!Lyn so the team has a ranged option.

Fun fact #1: I cleared this before LA!Lyn's Blarowl+ was refined. The only difference was that the Blue Mage went straight for her instead of Sheena, which didn't change anything because she kills him in two hits anyway.
Fun fact #2: Amelia's spawncamping job could've (and probably should've) been done by the L!Hector sitting in my barracks, but I wanted to see if I could pull it off without him. Also, Amelia is cuter.

24 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

That clear was something else! I had my doubts of how you would do this with the horse and the dragon being on the corners of the map, but once again Lunge proves it's value when it comes to mobility! I'm very jealous of your +Spd Eirikalter, I had to settle with a +Hp -Res one because I haven't been able to summon more copies. It's also interesting to see a 4*+10, you don't see them a lot nowadays I wasted 11 Clairs and will forever regret that but they're still pretty strong. Nice touch going full red against the big lobster.

I'm happy it worked out. Olivia was my first 4*+10 and I've never regretted that ... unlike making Cherche 4*+10, I'm still waiting for the last two merges for 5*+10. 

In 2017 I was most of the time without a strong red mage and in the last months I got flooded with great red mages with perfect natures (Eirika, BB!Tharja +SPD, Celica x2 +ATK). 

13 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Help! A cute little girl in huge armor is standing on our spawn!"

Lol, that Firesweep guy slowly Fury-killing himself is hilarious, Congrats! It's interesting that the AI doesn't use dagger debuffs, since Thiefs seem to attack always last.

Too bad Grimas team didn't work, better luck next time! 

Hard cleared with low HM units.

Lunatic cleared with my tactics team of L!Lyn, Shiro, Seigbert and L'Arachel.

Infernal cleared with L'Ephraim, MagEirika, Titania and Ursula. Mostly a series of dealing with enemies as they approached, though at one point Eirika and Titania have to take an enemy hit without being able to respond late on and it was a bit touch and go with getting around the fact more of the team was badly hurt by the end. Took at least 5 tries.

All three started by wiping out (or trying) the armour, then dealing with the two mages to the north. Crowd control was the main issue with clearing on higher difficulties, but I figured it out.

Cleared hard and lunatic with horse emblem but infernal I used a F2P team of Narcian, Julius, Olivia and Fjorm. I have to say I enjoyed this map it was fun.

@mampfoid Didn't expect a solo red clear but it worked out in the end. I was wondering how you were doing to deal with the green Manakete until I remembered that you still have an enemy phase for one turn clears.

Below is my Infernal clear of this map. I think this might be the most kills that Roy has gotten on a GHB map.

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Thanks! I haven't used Obstruct outside of training maps yet, but I may use the seal one day. 

Your Kagero is as impressive as always, those Vantage one shots never cease to amaze me. It is also very nice to see a mostly vanilla Sanaki deal so much punishment, I hope to get a Lilina to those levels one day.

I never even use it in training lol.

I have a fully-built Lilina, but I kinda wanted to try using Sanaki instead, especially since she already has Axebreaker. She's -Atk though, sadly, which made things more complicated... Had to rely on the Cymbeline Atk boost from Cordelia to one-shot the Green mage.

5 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

"Help! A cute little girl in huge armor is standing on our spawn!"

How rude!

Slinking around in a line like a snake for the setup turns was kinda amusing.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

Walhart infernal vs all my 6 legendary main Teams i run

Jesus, half an hour. You went crazy.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

I keep reading this as "Battle of the Knee". ;/

Maybe you're not wrong.

love seeing all the different runs here 

also @Hilda what's the song at your third clear?

swords only is my gimmick

also did a "solo" Corn clear with 3 dancers but i can't get it to where one of the dancers doesn't have to take a hit from the blue cav or someone else because they can't move to a safe spot, which i guess is interference. i feel like it's much alike to the Eirika solo (their stats aren't too dissimilar! but i don't have DC and Wrath), so it'd be a boring rehash anyhow :P

I cleared infernal using Sanaki, NY!Takumi, PA!Azura, and Soleil. All of my emblem teams would have no trouble with this map so in order to challenge myself a bit I went with an all infantry team. Positioning was key and I had to make sure the red mage didn't die to Sanaki on a certain turn. I'm thinking I'll try a colourless only team but Walhart and the green armor might be a problem for that kind of team.

Was going to wait a bit longer but then I realised my horse team is mostly Fire and Fire season ends in about a day, so I bit the bullet and did Infernal, got it second attempt. As usual, won't bother doing the other difficulties because one copy plus feathers is all I need (and have room for) right now.

Nothing too interesting to report from the clear. Xander +1, Horse Ephraim +4, Cecilia 4*+10, Bowlyn.

4 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Didn't expect a solo red clear but it worked out in the end. I was wondering how you were doing to deal with the green Manakete until I remembered that you still have an enemy phase for one turn clears.

Yeah, the red solo was a coincidence and I realized it only when checking the video. I prefer PP only clears, but it's not always possible. 

4 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Below is my Infernal clear of this map. I think this might be the most kills that Roy has gotten on a GHB map.

Roy killing stuff is always enjoyable, but Cecilia also got 4 kills here. Well done!

@mampfoid Another impressive clear! I think Roy bonking the green armor and carrying on his way was my favorite part. Elincia's Armored Blow for finessing that Walhart kill was pretty sneaky too.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid Another impressive clear! I think Roy bonking the green armor and carrying on his way was my favorite part. Elincia's Armored Blow for finessing that Walhart kill was pretty sneaky too.

Thanks!

Elincia is -DEF which is practical to proc WoM, but here it needed some help. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @mampfoid @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

I really should've done this alongside the Eirika clear. Awakening was my first game (like with many others) and Cordelia was and still is one of my favorite characters from that game so this clear is meant to show that. 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

wwww i love the new Flashing Blade Sacred Seal on Anna

The combination with Vantage on Anna is nearly evil. Alfonse will get very handy for your clears once he get the TA refinement, won't you miss the challenge? 

Finally getting around to responding, here.

@kirauza343

I won't lie, I did a double take when you moved Micaiah in such a way that she was in Walhart's range. Then I saw Marisa go up in front of her, and there was nothing to think except "Well. He's dead". I was quite surprised when he hung on with 1 HP, but dang...nearly 2HKOing him is quite the feat. Nice work!

On 7/29/2018 at 9:18 AM, kirauza343 said:

(I am really looking forward to being able to preset it)

Also, this. So much.

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Nice job! I couldn't help but think of Excellus' Ch 20 battle quote when he got Vantage-KO'd by Kagero, because whichever unit I send after him usually takes him out in pretty short order. I liked the positioning that went into Sanaki's take down of Walhart too, and I still think it's hilarious when a fiery tome like Cymbeline explodes into a bunch of snowflakes because Iceberg activated =P .

@Alexmender The more I do these clears, the more I see the use of unconventional things such as pass, obstruct and even -ATK natures (my Morgan wouldn't have survived some of the battles he was in if he'd been -HP or -RES, which is actually what I'm searching for.). The use of Pass was so quick you almost could have missed it, yet it was crucial to this clear. For a map where enemies spawn literally from all sides, you handled it with grace and elegance, fitting considering your main. Good show.

Glorious double Luna proc on Walhart in the Cordelia clear. When I saw Selena not get the kill on the armor knight my first thought was "...so what is she there for?" but she did pitch in to help her mom. OG Cordelia and the bride did the heavy lifting, but every action of S!Cordelia and Selena was crucial as well. It's rare to see alternative clears from you, so this was neat.

@Ginko I was sitting there wondering how you were going to deal with Walhart before I noticed Roy had Axebreaker. Wasn't paying attention during at the beginning. Your team crushed it. The exact 61 damage on the green manakete was a nice touch as well. Also Shiro has no business being that fast. You danced Siegbert at the end as if he was going to get the last kill but then you were just like "...ehh, I'll let Shiro do it." and to my surprise he could double. Ridiculous.

@mampfoid Wings of Mercy saves the day yet again. Very clever use of a ranged unit to snipe the Firesweep cav behind the wall. That placement of enemies is awful for clears like yours but you made it work. It was even more of a shocker than Roy surviving the green manakete. That 29 RES really served him. My B!Roy and his 21 RES would not have been able to duplicate this result. Nice work.

@mcsilas Lon'Qu! Now that's a unit you don't see often! Major kudos for promoting him, he was a treat to see. Sadly I've already merged a *4 to +10 with that same nature so he'll see no promotion from me. Even more sad that even with LnD3 and a Wo Dao+ he hits like a wet noodle as he wasn't able to chop readily through Walhart. Still I thoroughly enjoyed the clear. Things got dicey near the end but Maribelle's Savage Pain really came in handy, she really put in an incredible amount of work not only as a healer and chipper but just a flat out combat unit. Top it off with Olivia doing quite a bit of tanking. Mine is identical to yours except swap out Speed+3 with Fury and take away 2 merges (yeah.. can't seem to pull her now, really regret those days where I used her for Hone ATK 3 fodder. May have even sent some home.)

Hey! Morgan! I have to admit I cringed when I saw he didn't have any skills, still you used him to make short work of Walhart. The AI spared you here I saw though. It opted for it's "Ranged unit attacks first" pattern. If it hadn't, the dagger could have attacked Morgan and the dragon could have finished him off. AI at it's finest indeed. 

@Some Jerk lol @ the Firesweep cavalier though. Nice B!Lyn also, still wondering how I'm going to build her. An Owl tome is definitely a strong possibility. Particularly after this clear.

@kirauza343 Really not that much to say honestly, the clear was so... simple if that makes sense. It was as if you were just clearing a normal stage rather than a GHB. That's saying something. Nicely done.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Masterful clear. The positioning and kills were so on point they were perfect. Walhart's army was trying to dogpile on top of you and spread out menacingly every turn but you knew exactly what to do every turn and just made it look easy. So strategically and surgically done that it's just brilliant. You're proud of your clear? You should be.

I've had these recorded for a while, but blah blah blah lack of time blah blah legendary Lucina clears will be in a few days, let's just cut to the chase. It's late and I'm late, you know the drill.

@Rezzy @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Okigen @Johann @Cute Chao @Usana @Hilda @Poimagic @DarkLordIvy

First the clear with my tried and true hero team. Took more than a couple of tries but mostly just because I was stubborn and wanted to punch through from the front, when I saw that wasn't going to happen then I went up the right side. It's actually funny how most people's clears just have them holding their ground at the bottom whereas me and my tanky team wasn't able to do such a thing. Never the less, we did the deed. Go.

Next we have Morgan. Morgan I actually cleared in even less tries than Matthew, but when it was time to record I actually forgot what I did and ended up sinking dozens of retries trying to replicate the strat. After nearly giving up and getting ready to opt for another strategy I thought "...I wonder if I just-". A simple swap from Amelia to Morgan was all I needed to secure victory. This is also one of those cases where -ATK saved Morgan. Had he been -RES or -HP this clear would have been impossible without some sort of fortify or tactics skill. Check it out.

Lastly we have a themed clear (no this is still not the norm and likely not to happen for the Legendary battle, that one's brutal) with Awakening units. But unlike everyone else, there's no Cordelia or even Cherche in this one. Instead we take a far left and have Chrom headline the clear. He's my *5 +10 of choice but he's stuck at +4 at the moment due to lack of copies. He put in enough work to make this clear a reality though and he's been decked out with a premium skill or two. It was my intent to have him spearhead this clear to give him some spotlight but it worked out that way in the end without me even trying to. I did have to forgo Aether in favor of Bonfire for efficiency though. Something I didn't want to do but didn't really have a choice in the matter.

Wanted to include Lissa, but I burned all 300k of my feathers the night before and didn't have anymore to promote her. Didn't end up neccesary though, and I'm happy at how the clear turned out. That and it gave my future endgame sword unit a chance to shine. Last clear guys. Go.

I'm done here. Still need to do Lucina. We'll get to her soon enough. 

Cheers~

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Wings of Mercy saves the day yet again. Very clever use of a ranged unit to snipe the Firesweep cav behind the wall. That placement of enemies is awful for clears like yours but you made it work. It was even more of a shocker than Roy surviving the green manakete. That 29 RES really served him. My B!Roy and his 21 RES would not have been able to duplicate this result. Nice work.

Thanks! Roy wouldn't have survived the manakete if he would have been in range of the deploy. 

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

First the clear with my tried and true hero team.

Interesting how Matthew held the choke point, forced to Walhart to wait (for his death) and the Archer to suicide on Inigo. 

In the end I thought Ayra would finish the map before the last reinforcements arrived, but I forgot about the defensive special of the sword fighter. 

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Next we have Morgan.

You gave your CC to a -ATK Morgan? I've never realized that, good it helped here. 

Hey WoM on Amelia works good here, I like it! She also got finally a different C skill and Priscilla gets a rare kill. 

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Lastly we have a themed clear (

Well you say three clears are not the norm, yet you did this already some times in a row. Imagine the uproar if you cut it to two clears again. ;-)

I wondered when you would bring your Chrom already, united with his future daughter in disguise, but Chrom gets the majority of kills. No shame in using Cordelia and Cherche though :-p. Nice Frederick, @Anacybele would approve of this.

Congrats, again a cool collection of clears.