Legendary Archer: Lucina

Poimagic

11 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

According to this Robin's English video received the least amount of dislikes despite being out the longest and I have heard plenty of people throw a hissy fit of two Grimas being released in a short amount of time so if anything that should be the most disliked video so I see it reasonable to believe that the amount of likes/dislikes a video received shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Since Robin is an avatar character with two genders, I don't think giving both versions a seasonal or evil version is that egregious, especially since Grima is its own character of sorts in the source material.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Glad to see Lucina get a Legendary Alt. It was honestly kind of overdue given her popularity, though the dislike bar definitely does make me worried.

Why should you be? You like the character regardless so don't let it affect you

4 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Eh, I think the Sonic fandom has calmed down after Mania was released. Undertale would probably be the more relevant pick imo, maybe League of Legends though the toxicity there is for different reasons.

It's just frustrating that the "my way or no way" mentality is so strong (more so with some of the vets ngl, but sometimes the way the newish people respond don't help themselves either). Not everyone is going to agree with who you like, how you play, or what's your favorite. Deal with it people. 

Is LOL's fandom really that bad? If it's one toxic player every game then that's a tenth of the fandom in general

Eh, Lucina getting a Legendary version doesn't surprise me. It was gonna happen eventually, she's one of FE's most popular characters. And while I'm a fan of her, I can see why some people aren't happy with this banner. It's like the whole issue with Legendary Lyn again. 

Also, not sure if I'll even roll for Lucina when I want Micaiah on the Distant Defense banner. 

3 minutes ago, Paris said:

• Ishtar: Like Azura, I wouldn't mind if I summoned her. I don't need her as I have enough mages already and her art doesn't win me over. As petty as it is, I dislike that one of her voice lines is about Reinhardt (same with Julius). 

What's wrong with Ishtar talking about Reinhardt?  They are pretty connected in FE5, from what I've seen.

26 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

That's what I meant we have a single colourless compared to three green, three blue and two red. Both of the bow legendary heroes should have been colourless 

I don't see colored bows as a problem as there were no physical ranged units that have to obey the weapon triangle before Legendary Lyn came along. Similarly, before F!Grima, every colorless unit was a ranged unit. The main problem is that IS doesn't seem to have a clue on how to put together marketable colorless units, especially given that many major characters use very traditional weapons like swords.. Not helping matters is that F!Grima (well, female Robin) is just popular.

For the Lucina fans, have fun getting merges/IVs! This is something Lyn fans have to deal with on top of the number of alts.

24 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

You don't need to be a "3DS hater" to dislike the new legendary.

And really, posts like this are part of the problem in why the Fire Emblem community is so toxic and divisive. 

That's rich coming from the guy who believes Lyn deserve getting a 5th alt.

You call toxic, but I'm the guy who did try to get like & understand the franchise, but it's far more insisting to have a "Us Vs Them" mentality.

22 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Awakening is my second favorite game and I don't even care about Lucina. So can we all just get along for once? I'm tired of all this toxicity. 

I'll only be pulling green orbs, colorless if they're unavailable. 

You ask for the impossible.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think a large portion of the saltiness is anti-alt in general and not just anti-Lucina.

I got more real reasons to hate on Hector's alt than anyone else here. He's been the same color 3 times already & no one is nearly bitching about as they should. & That's really really fine, but if you're going to tell that the worst things that could happen to Seliph & Julia is having 4 more alts then this fanbase go can to hell

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nope, because enough people in this fandom are hellbent on trying to get us to surpass the Sonic fandom when it comes pointless bitching and overall toxicity, assuming we haven't already.

Though yeah, I more than wholeheartedly agree with you. Sadly, things in this fandom are more likely to continue to get worse before they get better. 

I will never ever understand how exposure & relevancy are the worst things that could happen to a franchise.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, I'd say it's something even more ridiculous.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, it's gotten to the point where I think FE has a puncher's chance at winning in a free-for-all with Sonic, My Little Pony (FiM), Five Nights at Freddy's, Undertale, Overwatch, etc. for shittiest and most unpleasant fandom. Why can't we be chill like the Kirby fandom or something?

Does Kirby even have an active fandom? Or are they just so chill that they literally just by the games and smile?

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Why should you be? You like the character regardless so don't let it affect you

Is LOL's fandom really that bad? If it's one toxic player every game then that's a tenth of the fandom in general

I have heard that LOL has the worst fandom of all. Takes a lot to beat Sonic, Metroid, FE, and (to me) Smash.

For those who don't like Lucina getting an another alt, don't worry IS will release Lyn dancer to comfort us for the next legendary banner. 

Colourless male Grima as a legendary cavalry dragon will have to do.

I'm still totally in favour of abolishing the colour(less) altogether though. Obviously logistically it's nigh-impossible now, but if there was a sequel, I think it'd make perfect sense. Both bows and daggers already have the framework to be implemented in the RGB system, and it'd be simple enough to merge healers into tomes. Attach a damage penalty to staves or healing assists, instead of having it something inherent to the class.

Probably the most disappointing part of this month's reveal is that it's the first time there hasn't been a new movement type for a given element. Currently we have the following:

Water: Infantry, Flier

Wind: Cavalry, Infantry, Infantry

Fire: Cavalry, Armour

Earth: Infantry, Flier

So all previous legendary heroes have come with the opportunity to build a new emblem team around them. Lucina, on the other hand, would generally just use the same teammates as Lyn. Would have been nice to have her as Flier or Armoured, or otherwise add her as a Fire hero instead, which still lacks infantry.

Edited by Humanoid

Another Lucina is kind of boring, but has some really interesting skills, just not enough for me to summon for her.  I'll probably just pass on the banner in general, especially since I could always spend my orbs on the Distant Defense banner for more Micaiahs, or summon of the Summer one for pretty much anyone.

10 minutes ago, Paris said:

As petty as it is, I dislike that one of her voice lines is about Reinhardt (same with Julius). 

Ishtar talking about Reinhardt is no different than the Fates nobles talking about their retainers.

Julius on the other hand, I don't know enough about FE5 to know on what terms the two of them are with each other.

BTW, reminder that there's ANOTHER Special Heroes banner coming up not long after the Legendary Heroes banner ends. Tata.~ :^)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ishtar talking about Reinhardt is no different than the Fates nobles talking about their retainers.

Julius on the other hand, I don't know enough about FE5 to know on what terms the two of them are with each other.

Julius, basically being the possessive and jealous boyfriend of Ishtar, sees Reinhardt as a dangerous rival for Ishtar's love.

Julius's line about hating Reinhardt is actually directly from FE5. It's just ... presented out of context because he's saying it directly in reply to Ishtar saying she doesn't want to fire Reinhardt.

People's brains register the worst they experience from something. That's how you get "X has a bad fandom/community" statements. It'd be incorrect to say X has a toxic fandom when it's only 5% of fans being toxic 

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What's wrong with Ishtar talking about Reinhardt?  They are pretty connected in FE5, from what I've seen.

It's mainly because it's not just her who has a voice line about Reinhardt but also Julius. Unlike her, Reinhardt isn't important to Julius besides him disliking him. That point isn't that important to the story, his character or arc. It just seems like IS is trying to include/increase Reinhardt's presence due to his popularity despite not making sense for said character IMO. I would have preferred a line about her family as that has more of a role in her character/arc from what I can remember of FE5.  

Edited by Paris

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I got more real reasons to hate on Hector's alt than anyone else here. He's been the same color 3 times already & no one is nearly bitching about as they should.

People did complain at the time, and they still criticize the move, chill. If you're swearing about a bunch of pixels called Hector, you mustn't have many problems in your life.

Actually...

EVERYONE CHILL!

Were it not this topic is for the upcoming banner and thus relevant, I'd ask for it to be locked. Maybe the mods could approve of in the future "Crumpled Aggression Paper Topics"? Initial release topics (for VGs and banners alike) for people, just in case, to vent all their frustrations into. Within two days, the topic is deleted, and a separate one is used for serious, calm discussion of the actual banner at hand. Thus all needless rage is wiped out of existence doesn't pollute a good topic and forum, hopefully that'd get it all out of everyone's systems.

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Julius, basically being the possessive and jealous boyfriend of Ishtar, sees Reinhardt as a dangerous rival for Ishtar's love.

Seems reasonable enough, then.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Julius's line about hating Reinhardt is actually directly from FE5. It's just ... presented out of context because he's saying it directly in reply to Ishtar saying she doesn't want to fire Reinhardt.

Alright then. I still would have preferred a different line but fair enough. I guess it's like with Nino's "Do my best line" which was also presented out of context. Thanks for informing me about that. 

Edited by Paris

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

2 minutes ago, Paris said:

It's mainly because it's not just her who has a voice line about Reinhardt but also Julius. Unlike her, Reinhardt isn't important to Julius besides him disliking him. That point isn't that important to the story, his character or arc. It just seems like IS is trying to include/increase Reinhardt's presence due to his popularity despite not making sense for said character IMO. I would have preferred a line about her family as that has more of a role in her character/arc from what I can remember of FE5.

I think Julius threatens to kill Reinhardt if he sees him towards the end of FE5, if I remember correctly.  Reinhardt is somewhat prominent in FE5.  Maybe not as much as Heroes has hyped him to be, but like Petrine in PoR or Narcian in FE6.

11 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I question his reasoning. Didn't Reinhardt raise Ishtar? Most likely she would view him as a brother or mentor figure than a potential lover. Wouldn't he be concerned about more important matters such as the liberation army, getting more children and/or crushing rebellions? It seems like a case of screwed priorities. 

Edited by Paris

17 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Does Kirby even have an active fandom? Or are they just so chill that they literally just by the games and smile?

As someone who’s been playing the games since Crystal Shards on N64, I’d say there’s no need for the fandom to be particularly vocal when the games are as inoffensive and simplistically fun as they are. Vocal Kirby fans probably do exist, there are just very few in number unlike the FE fandom.

19 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

This is roughly what I do with Kirby games: sit back and smile as Kirby fills me with happiness.
I mean, I don't really interact with the Kirby fandom (though I'm sure it exists), and I'd imagine that they have some level of drama, but yeah, if any series is gonna have a relatively chill fanbase, I'd bet on the pink puffball of cuteness.

13 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

BTW, reminder that there's ANOTHER Special Heroes banner coming up not long after the Legendary Heroes banner ends. Tata.~ :^)

Thanks for the reminder. Although, now I have to wonder if this next banner will be CYL2 (which, assuming we get one freebie, I can mostly skip 'cause I can just grab free Veronica and hope for someone neat on the free pull) or a regular seasonal banner...

Edited by ILikeKirbys

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

As someone who’s been playing the games since Crystal Shards on N64, I’d say there’s no need for the fandom to be particularly vocal when the games are as inoffensive and simplistically fun as they are. Vocal Kirby fans probably do exist, there are just very few in number unlike the FE fandom.

Hey, Kirby is dark if you think about it.