Legendary Hero Battle: Lucina

Ginko

@Sasori That was amazing to see! It's great to see you pour so much love into your guys. Raigh is wonderful with his new build. May he magic-punch a lot of cavs to death from here on.

@Robert of Normandy No problems from what I could tell. It all looked very smooth. Hope Hinoka gets more time to shine in the future. Good job!

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Azuris @daisy jane @mcsilas @ruruo @kirauza343

And here is my birb clear:

Music: Song of the Ancients - Fate,  from Nier

I was actually dreading this, because when it was first released, this LHB kicked my ass on Infernal. Of course, this was way before I got my birbs and I gotta say, they really layed waste to this map. I actually did this on the second try. Now I finally understand why people were saying it wasn't so hard with all the reinforcements coming from one direction. I also loved that I was able to have both herons get kills this time (with their respective husband's help, but still). Overall, this was very fun and I enjoyed myself. See you next time!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Robert of Normandy That green cav seemed to have paid pretty well for him being a pain.

And thanks. I like making the team do things as well even if it gets increasingly hard for them to catch up.

@mampfoid. Thanks. Glad to see my old team can still wow peope.

Raigh did make himself a pretty important member of team Sharena. It helped that I had absolutely no idea on what else to do with the close counter skill.

@Nanima

He also stole Canas' owl tome for when there aren't any horses around. I only need 2 Niime's and he'd have stolen from the entire family.

And Reyson seems to have continued his boss killing streak. With help this time, but still funny to see a dancer kill stuff.

Edited by Sasori

20 hours ago, Nanima said:

For one moment I had the feeling you were going to try a one-turn clear. Very smooth clear, hard to believe you ever had problems with this map. 

Congrats! 

16 hours ago, Sasori said:

Raigh did make himself a pretty important member of team Sharena. It helped that I had absolutely no idea on what else to do with the close counter skill.

I know that feeling ... sitting on premium fodder for ages (CC, DC, Breaths). Mostly because I'm using more Player Phase units. 

On 3/29/2019 at 4:01 PM, Sasori said:

Another Infernal LHB completed by Sharena and friends. The team's biggest problem is that Sharena is the only one that can counterattack from one range. In LHB's thats not great with all the reinforcements running about.

I fixed that problem and now I am probably the only person in the world with a close counter Raigh.

Your units got split up right at the beginning, but they all held their grounds. Sharena's warping strategies provided some clutch saves, as is CC Raigh! So many Cavs on this map and he makes quick work of them. Matthew was also an efficient sniper keeping them from being overrun. Nice work!

On 3/29/2019 at 7:05 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Fuck that Axe Cavalier in particular:

Hinoka got stuck in Repo duty this map. :(

Morgan gets the nice kill on Lucina, she's becoming quite the boss slayer. Repo duty is a dignified job, I'd say. She's like the captain~

On 3/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, Nanima said:

Music: Song of the Ancients - Fate,  from Nier

I was actually dreading this, because when it was first released, this LHB kicked my ass on Infernal. Of course, this was way before I got my birbs and I gotta say, they really layed waste to this map. I actually did this on the second try. Now I finally understand why people were saying it wasn't so hard with all the reinforcements coming from one direction. I also loved that I was able to have both herons get kills this time (with their respective husband's help, but still). Overall, this was very fun and I enjoyed myself. See you next time!

It's so fun to see Tibran fly in, kill everyone in a two foot radius, and then dip back out. He is an amazing Galeforcer! Poor Lucina wasting her Future Vision to move twice right in the face of danger. Glad to see both Herons got their kills on such a tough map! Reyson ended up taking quite a few hits, he's a tough one. Great clear for the Birbs as expected!

22 hours ago, Sasori said:

He also stole Canas' owl tome for when there aren't any horses around. I only need 2 Niime's and he'd have stolen from the entire family.

And Reyson seems to have continued his boss killing streak. With help this time, but still funny to see a dancer kill stuff.

Can't wait to see that happen then!

Yeah, i love turning units that aren't really intended to be huge damage dealers and make them take out bosses. It's what I did with my precious Sakura.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

For one moment I had the feeling you were going to try a one-turn clear. Very smooth clear, hard to believe you ever had problems with this map. 

Congrats! 

Naesala would probably also need Galeforce for that. I am not sure actually if I should try that at some point. I like having my units survive all the waves of reinforcements though. 

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's so fun to see Tibran fly in, kill everyone in a two foot radius, and then dip back out. He is an amazing Galeforcer! Poor Lucina wasting her Future Vision to move twice right in the face of danger. Glad to see both Herons got their kills on such a tough map! Reyson ended up taking quite a few hits, he's a tough one. Great clear for the Birbs as expected!

Three move fliers are the best thing in this game. And yeah, Galeforce was made for him. I was nervous the entire time that Lucina would randomly charge in my face, but thankfully the AI isn't that smart. And thank you, I hope you continue to enjoy them!

@Landmaster @mampfoid @Nanima @Robert of Normandy

My second Abyssal run and ouch this one took quite some time to do. Guard really complicates a lot of things and that healer fully deserved to die in a (bon)fire.

Seliph was the main powerhouse of this run. He could hit hard, double, restore his healt and his refine saved his butt more then once.

NYCorrin did his cheerleading like usual, but this time he occasionally had to put the pom poms away for combat. I had to replace some of his kit for this one.

Reinhard did his Reinhard thing. (Also he finally got death blow 3)

My last spot went to a very surprising addition. Someone I never considered taking along for Infernal runs, let alone Abyssal ones.

3 hours ago, Sasori said:

My second Abyssal run and ouch this one took quite some time to do. Guard really complicates a lot of things and that healer fully deserved to die in a (bon)fire.

Seliph was the main powerhouse of this run. He could hit hard, double, restore his healt and his refine saved his butt more then once.

NYCorrin did his cheerleading like usual, but this time he occasionally had to put the pom poms away for combat. I had to replace some of his kit for this one.

My last spot went to a very surprising addition. Someone I never considered taking along for Infernal runs, let alone Abyssal ones.

That was a really awesome clear, great use of Seliph's weapon taking on Lucina in the enemy phase. It's great to see how well he can be when invested. Corrin was great, too, he got a good amount of kills for a usually more supportive unit. I was happy to see Clive able to do a lot of work here, too. Even with Rein on the team, it was hardly him carrying, the often overlooked units stole the show. Congrats!

6 hours ago, Sasori said:

Congrats on pulling this off! Surprised to see Clive, but it's always nice to see underused units. And it was pretty funny how Seliph kept tanking Lucina, that weapon effect is just too goofy.

On 1.4.2019 at 8:06 PM, Sasori said:

Haha, don't tell me about guard. 

I love your unusual teams, wouldn't think of using Clive myself. Also Corrin, he has a very nice art, cool how you make him work.

King of them all is Seliph, tanking Lucina two times (!) and a lot of other stuff. Congrats! 

@Sasori (this got lost a bit in the sea of things I have to reply to. Sorry for the lateness.)

What an amzing team to take into Abyssal. Aside from Reinhardt, you really wouldn't expect to see any of these units there, but you made them work incredibly well. I think you are first person I've encountered (or at least remember) who uses Clive. You made him look great and Corrin too. But especially Seliph was impressive with how much abuse he took from Lucina and others. Such a great scene. Congrats!

On 1-4-2019 at 11:53 PM, Landmaster said:

That was a really awesome clear, great use of Seliph's weapon taking on Lucina in the enemy phase. It's great to see how well he can be when invested. Corrin was great, too, he got a good amount of kills for a usually more supportive unit. I was happy to see Clive able to do a lot of work here, too. Even with Rein on the team, it was hardly him carrying, the often overlooked units stole the show. Congrats!

Seliph is putting in a lot of good work for me. He would be my second +10, but the final one doesn't seem to be showing up. The jerk.

I hope to keep using at least some overlooked units, although in Abyssal I also have to bring out the big guns.

On 2-4-2019 at 2:19 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Congrats on pulling this off! Surprised to see Clive, but it's always nice to see underused units. And it was pretty funny how Seliph kept tanking Lucina, that weapon effect is just too goofy.

It was a surprise for me too. And yeah Seliph doesn't really care much about blue's when he's above 50%. Its a good thing those green units where lining up to get their health stolen too

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Haha, don't tell me about guard. 

I love your unusual teams, wouldn't think of using Clive myself. Also Corrin, he has a very nice art, cool how you make him work.

King of them all is Seliph, tanking Lucina two times (!) and a lot of other stuff. Congrats! 

Its torture for galeforce guys/galls.

NYCorrin played a key role too. His buffs allowed Seliph to stay in QR range once or twice which made enemy phases a lot easier. And agreed his art is good too

21 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Sasori (this got lost a bit in the sea of things I have to reply to. Sorry for the lateness.)

What an amzing team to take into Abyssal. Aside from Reinhardt, you really wouldn't expect to see any of these units there, but you made them work incredibly well. I think you are first person I've encountered (or at least remember) who uses Clive. You made him look great and Corrin too. But especially Seliph was impressive with how much abuse he took from Lucina and others. Such a great scene. Congrats!

No problem. I'm not always the fastest either.

I would't be surprised if I really was the only one. Most of the lance cavs are pretty boring so I barely have any. To clear as many enemies as possible on turn one I needed someone to repo Rein away and someone who could kill swordguard jerk. Clive was the only one in my barracks that fitted that bill.

Forgot to mention I did this one to, with the same team of Ophelia, Celica, Lewyn, and Legendary Azura I used for my Yune clear.

It was... actually really easy, and I only needed to reset like once or twice to account for experimenting. Lucina never even got to use Future Sight.

...I usually record these or do a play-by-play, but I... didn't and don't really wanna. Sorry.

@Nanima

Yay, good to see you enjoyed yourself!

Having everyone come from the same side made this one of the easier ones like you said for sure, as the units that can't take that many hits weren't under the constant threat to be attacked from all sides. The danger of this map was keeping track were Lucina could end up, so she didn't suddenly shoot down a flier, and you managed that really well by having the mage attack Reyson so Lucina would be blocked from attacking. You really seem unstoppable wth that team. Well done!

Edited by Azuris

• 1 year later...

Technically I already beat Abyssal difficulty some time ago with the Limited Hero challenge but I didn't have the golden accessory yet so I figured I would steamroll this one quickly with my Anna team and move on to the other unfinished Abyssal challenges.