Legendary Hero Battle: Lucina

Ginko

@Ginko @mampfoid For what it's worth, given my history with Elincia, I am glad she is so strong and fast. Even with all the swords I've received and built since then, she remains very strong in most scenarios I lay out for her.

...now that I think about it, I could give Raven Flashing Blade, since the difference of 5 or more Speed is the same as getting a double, which he usually gets anyways, and Elincia can keep Heavy Blade... hehe, this Legendary Hero Battle has awoken a demon within this summoner...

@Radiant Dragon I'm actually not all that concerned about Lucy in the Arena. Call it my cockiness from having WE!Robin and LA!Hector on my main Arena team, but I still feel Lucina is really hard on this particular map because there's so many units in a single area she can Future Vision with that she is almost unpredicable, meanwhile in an Arena it feels easier to predict the enemies movement.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

now that I think about it, I could give Raven Flashing Blade, since the difference of 5 or more Speed is the same as getting a double, which he usually gets anyways, and Elincia can keep Heavy Blade... hehe, this Legendary Hero Battle has awoken a demon within this summoner...

Those seals are fun and I upgraded Flashing Blade immediately, even if I don't have as many users for it as for Heavy Blade. 

36 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm actually not all that concerned about Lucy in the Arena.

I'll try her on my defense team, I bet enough people will get into the trap of this new skill. Since I run a lot of Fliers in my offense team, an Archer with such mobility sounds a little annoying though. 

40 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hopefully she behaves just like a 4-move Reinhardt in terms of executing a turn-one bait.

Under the right conditions she can move 5 tiles (2 move + swap to the third tile + 2 move). 

18 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Very nice! It is interesting to see a speedy Cherche, although thinking about it I think a Frederick (or Walhart) could've helped you clear this all in the Player Phase. Anyways, it was a cool clear, congrats!

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo  @kirauza343 @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

This one was a bit too easy for me. It took two tries because I started on the wrong side of the map during turn 1 but I quickly realized my mistake. From there the map fell apart on it's own. I'm very disappointed in this when I compare it to the F!Grima and L!Ryoma maps, but not all of them can be so good.

Amazing as ever!

(...why can't I pull Eirikas anymore..?)

46 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Under the right conditions she can move 5 tiles (2 move + swap to the third tile + 2 move). 

Hmm, yeah, from her perspective it is 5 tiles. Fortunately it won't be 5 tiles of genuine range because she'll usually have to take a sideways swap, or start at a rear position in the maps where the enemy starts in a square formation. So her effective range is four tiles from the nearest enemy starting position, meaning on a "standard" map where each team is in a horizontal line at the top and bottom of the map, she'll be just short of being able to hit the other side on turn one (whereas "true" 5-move would be able to do so).

This map is probably the only one that provides is an exception:

NRZBgac.jpg

Say a cavalry starts in position 1, and moves 3 tiles down. Lucina starting in position 4 moves across and swaps, and can get to the left trench. However due to the diagonally opposed teams, it means she still can't hit the starting positions.

Edited by Humanoid

@mampfoid That was some tight lung positioning with Roy to help everything fall into place, nice clear!

I was reminded of the issues colored bows face with this map, since I let Camilla deal with most of the non-red units, including Lucina. That blue bow let Camilla delete her with little issue.

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

That was some tight lung positioning with Roy to help everything fall into place, nice clear!

Thanks! It's always a little like a puzzle to make it work. 

I can imagine Camilla laughing about blue bows, guess you won't fear Lucinas arena season much. 

10 hours ago, Ginko said:

@Radiant Dragon This is first time I see a full inheritance on your clear. I thought you will bring your usual Julia to kill Lucina this time. Tiki wreck the left side is so satisfying. Great job!

Someone had to sit out to make room for Tiki, and I decided on Julia to have full weapon triangle coverage. Just in case I needed it, since I didn't know what to expect or what the reinforcements would be. I figured I'd go in, see what worked and what didn't, and go from there, but I managed to beat the map on my trial run so I just went with it. I'm actually considering recording another run, this time including Julia and Siegbert, so hopefully I'll have time to do so before the map goes away.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! It's always a little like a puzzle to make it work. 

I can imagine Camilla laughing about blue bows, guess you won't fear Lucinas arena season much. 

This one seemed like it was easier for you than Walhart was, since the enemies aren't as spread out. I also like seeing how Lunge has has been seeing even more use as your clears go on.

Hopefully she'll be just as fine +10 arena ones. That self dance is no doubt going to be a headache on defense teams, but if Camilla can safely kill her maybe I can avoid the extra dance jank.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Hmm, yeah, from her perspective it is 5 tiles. Fortunately it won't be 5 tiles of genuine range because she'll usually have to take a sideways swap, or start at a rear position in the maps where the enemy starts in a square formation. So her effective range is four tiles from the nearest enemy starting position, meaning on a "standard" map where each team is in a horizontal line at the top and bottom of the map, she'll be just short of being able to hit the other side on turn one (whereas "true" 5-move would be able to do so).

This map is probably the only one that provides is an exception:

NRZBgac.jpg

Say a cavalry starts in position 1, and moves 3 tiles down. Lucina starting in position 4 moves across and swaps, and can get to the left trench. However due to the diagonally opposed teams, it means she still can't hit the starting positions.

This map wont be so hard to deal with her. Just imagine the Big Bridge map or the 2 Wall maps left and right or the 2 small bridge maps. How you plan on avoiding her there... Oh god this will be so much bullshit -_-

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

This map wont be so hard to deal with her. Just imagine the Big Bridge map or the 2 Wall maps left and right or the 2 small bridge maps. How you plan on avoiding her there... Oh god this will be so much bullshit -_-

Yeah, not saying this one will be hard, but it's the only one where she truly gets to move 5 tiles - i.e. 5 tiles from the nearest enemy position. For the rest she has an effective move of 4.

For the close quarters maps (side-to-side) hopefully the AI still prioritises attacking immediately into a Hector on turn one. That works for the big bridge at least. Double wall may well be hell though, yes.

Welp another long video of all 6 Teams clearing her up!!

Team Hector and Gunnthra had real struggles due to some misjudgement -_-. Most fun was Team Ephraim when he charges in thrusting everything with his lance!

Took me a few tries since Future Vision is a b**ch:

• Xander: Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Cavalry, Distant Def 3 SS, Siegfried, Reposition and Ignis
  • Elise: +Atk -Def, HP+5, Live to Serve 3, Fortify Cavalry, Gravity+Wrathful, Restore+ and Heavenly Light and Drive Def
  • Reinhardt: +Atk -Spd, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, Quickened Pulse, Reposition and Moonbow
  • T!Olwen: +Atk -Def, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry, Drive Atk, Reposition and Glacies (Need Glimmer)

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

This one seemed like it was easier for you than Walhart was, since the enemies aren't as spread out. I also like seeing how Lunge has has been seeing even more use as your clears go on.

Both maps took me about the same amount of time. Lunge and Drag Back come to use when the WoM beacon has to be brought into position. Lunge is also useful to cover more ground (see Ursulas map). 

I used the same team as usual. Niles, M!Corrin, Bridal Tharja, F!Grima. Actually making use of Harsh Command is always fun!! Anyway stats/skills/supports are in the description again.

@mampfoid Very clever use of Draw Back on Cherche taking advantage of Roy's Spd-stacking.  I wondered why you didn't simply move her in range of the lancer, but as always there's a method to the madness.  

This one took a little while for me.  Someone kept getting killed courtesy of Future Vision, but I finally found a configuration that gets Lucina to move in a way I can deal with.

As one might guess from the thumbnail, Caeda takes absolute command here.  

6 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Very clever use of Draw Back on Cherche taking advantage of Roy's Spd-stacking.  I wondered why you didn't simply move her in range of the lancer, but as always there's a method to the madness.  

Thanks! Yeah, Cherche needed every little bit of SPD here.

6 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

As one might guess from the thumbnail, Caeda takes absolute command here.  

Caeda took command, but Narcian got the boss-kill. Didn't look like you'd have problems, but since the positioning looks particular, every step must have had a reason. Good work! 

@Ginko Amazing Shiro as well. Axura surviving with low HP was nerve-wrecking though, good thing Lucina had color disadvantage. Also yeah, Future Vision is really annoying.

@mampfoid Really great use of Lunge! Again, quad Cherche is always so satisfying to see! Good thing you don't have to worry about Lucina's assist in this clear.

@Zeo @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @Nanima @Usana @NegativeExponents- @eclipse

So after beating Walhart, I wanted to see if I could do an Awakening clear with the same exact team. Well I sort of did it- although I had to swap out Olivia this time.

Team is +HP/-Def Male Morgan, +Res/-Def Performing Inigo, +Atk/-HP Cherche and +Spd/-Def Cordelia

Music is Turn The Tables from Bleach the Movie OST. (I just really found this perfect for a heroic themed battle and it fits Lucina, so have a listen when you can mampfoid :D )

So yeah, Olivia's son joins this battle instead. Actually I did it with Skyzura first for Hone Fliers action but then since she only danced, I decided to see if Inigo could replace her and except for the battle with the manakete in the end, everything played out the same (Skyzura's weapon allowed Morgan to survive in the original clear).

Again, Morgan is unbuilt (time to cringe again @Zeo) but it's amazing how he held up well with pretty much no learned skills. Definitely keeping this Morgan now after this, and it's ironic how much his Grima's Truth tome is instrumental in this battle against Lucina haha

Hit and Run/Drag Back was also really key to this clear. Positioning was also important to manipulate the AI and so Lucina couldn't use her assist. Also Cordelia's Galeforce is always helpful.

And yes I did try to dance a Cordelia who activated Galeforce. Bit of a brain fart there haha

Edited by mcsilas

@Alexmender Man, everything just got shredded when they tried to attack...

@mcsilas Nice Drag Back tactics. I find it funny you just skipped all the other difficulties lol.

@Zeo @Vaximillian @mampfoid @LordFrigid I honestly didn't think I could get away with this cheese, but I somehow did, so I recorded it.