Fire Emblem Awakening is a ripoff of Dragon Ball Z!

What a farfetched accusation. The time traveler in Dragonball actually gives valuable information about the nature of the threat and where it appears instead of going all "the end is near" and just walking away without having said anything useful. He missed some information but that's probably because Toriyama doesn't plan ahead and makes stuff up as he goes along. This Cyborg case is a really infamous one, with each set of them being initially intended as the main villains until Toriyama's former editor voiced complaints. So that mess is not really Trunks' fault, after all he can't know stuff that Toriyama hadn't yet decided on.

And once the threat in the past had been dealt with, Trunks actually went back to his own time to bring peace to that world as well instead of leaving it to burn. Although in retrospect he may not have needed to bother with that.

And I wouldn't consider that cheap piece of plastic with a hole in it that Lucina wields a sword. I mean, come on.

Edited by BrightBow

19 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

What a farfetched accusation. The time traveler in Dragonball actually gives valuable information about the nature of the threat and where it appears instead of going all "the end is near" and just walking away without having said anything useful. He missed some information but that's probably because Toriyama doesn't plan ahead and makes stuff up as he goes along. This Cyborg case is a really infamous one, with each set of them being initially intended as the main villains until Toriyama's former editor voiced complaints. So that mess is not really Trunks' fault, after all he can't know stuff that Toriyama hadn't yet decided on.

And once the threat in the past had been dealt with, Trunks actually went back to his own time to bring peace to that world as well instead of leaving it to burn. Although in retrospect he may not have needed to bother with that.

And I wouldn't consider that cheap piece of plastic with a hole in it that Lucina wields a sword. I mean, come on.

Damn, you beat me to say it

at least dragon ball z has a compelling main character who isn't just a knockoff fusion of the most popular characters basically having all the baggage that comes with the tropes but none of the charm and doesn't add a lousy vessel for the fans to imprint on taking all the credit as the sole reason goku hasn't died yet (you did that, you).

1 hour ago, Sage of the Mist said:

Nice to see you back to posting the same low quality shitposts that got you suspended.

Vice's threads are a ripoff of the youtube series "Third Rate Gamer". Both make deliberately low quality accusations that one thing is a rip-off of another thing, sometimes ignoring chronology (like in the Kim Jong Un/Sanaki thread), and both stop abruptly before coming back. What a load of phallus flapjacks.

On 7/31/2018 at 7:11 PM, Sage of the Mist said:

Nice to see you back to posting the same low quality shitposts that got you suspended.

That's not the reason why!

Anyways, Basilio is a ripoff of Goku! Both cheated death thanks to time travel!

On 7/31/2018 at 8:59 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Vice's threads are a ripoff of the youtube series "Third Rate Gamer". Both make deliberately low quality accusations that one thing is a rip-off of another thing, sometimes ignoring chronology (like in the Kim Jong Un/Sanaki thread), and both stop abruptly before coming back. What a load of phallus flapjacks.

I don't want any liberal SJW cucks in my discussions!

56 minutes ago, ViceTOLUCT said:

Anyways, Basilio is a ripoff of Goku! Both cheated death thanks to time travel!

In Basilio's case it's really more of a mix of plot armor + absurd levels of plot contrivance.

Plus, do you think Goku would let someone fight in a tournament on his behalf? Even in the Cell games where he intended for Gohan to win, Goku made sure that he got to take a swing at Cell first. And make no mistake, he did that for himself. The anime adaption may have given Piccolo a line about Goku wanting to show Gohan how Cell fights but that's nonsense. If Goku merely wanted to give Gohan any advantage he could provide then he wouldn't have given Cell a Senzu Bean.

Besides, anyone in that setting got killed at least once. Well, at least I think so. I haven't seen Ressurection F, so I don't know if Mr. Satan was among the ones who survived the destruction of the Earth. And I suppose Buu technically never died.

Edited by BrightBow

On 01/08/2018 at 10:03 AM, Hectorcopter said:

Pokémon also has an experiment that goes wrong.... Mewtwo!

I wouldn't say that Mewtwo went wrong. It was a perfect success (outside of Pokémon Adventures anyway) but the issue is that it grew smart enough to question existence and thus developed as an individual. Remember, the Pokédex states that Mewtwo is incredibly violent, which I believe is credited to it being created explicitly for the purpose of fighting. As a result, everything about Mewtwo is operating as planned. Just a little better than the creators intended.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:16 PM, DerTheVaporeon said:

Oh lord, someone's gonna get the banhammer for having such an "amazing" pfp, even if it's a mirrored image meme onto the wrong pic.

It's fucking hilarious.

5 hours ago, Junkhead said:

It's fucking hilarious.

But I hate hypocrisy!

And finally, Grima ripped off Cell from Dragon Ball Z! Both are experiments gone wrong, both are evil, and both killed their own creators!