Etrian Odyssey X

LowestRes

Just felt like posting this here, I found it on GFAQs, and it was confirmed by Dr. Fetus, one of that site's dataminers for EO, which makes it very trustworthy. Apparently there were plans for a 20th Class. Including artwork and Force skills. Here:

Spoiler

ZVjQQbf.pngvbHFQsa.png

Vampires!

Force Boost
Immortal Flesh
Endure all damage for 3 turns.

Force Break
March of the Dead
Revive all dead allies, then do 2 ranged almighty INT attacks with an additional hit for each revived ally.

There is also two notable bugs in the game I've heard. 

1. If a Hero generates an afterimage and dies that turn, they disappear from the party and end up back in the guild with messed up HP/TP.
  2. The Sovereign's Dauntless Order has a 100% activation rate at all levels, rarely will one ever fear death with this.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I love Etrian Odyssey, although I've never even heard about the series until EOIV was released. I've played EOIV, EOU, EOU2 and EOV. I haven't played the Mystery Dungeon ones, mostly due to not enjoying the demo for one of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games at all. Not my kind of dungeon crawling, I guess.

Anyway, really looking forward to EOX, though I hope they remake EOIII some day, seeing as that's the only mainline game I'm missing.

Also, EOV was friggin difficult. Good grief...

Edited by Slyfox

On 16/08/2018 at 4:49 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just felt like posting this here, I found it on GFAQs, and it was confirmed by Dr. Fetus, one of that site's dataminers for EO, which makes it very trustworthy. Apparently there were plans for a 20th Class. Including artwork and Force skills. Here:

Reveal hidden contents

ZVjQQbf.pngvbHFQsa.png

Vampires!

Force Boost
Immortal Flesh

Force Break
March of the Dead
Revive all dead allies, then do 2 ranged almighty INT attacks with an additional hit for each revived ally.

I have lost even more faith in humanity for five minutes after learning that. :(
Seemed like a funnier, cooler Yggdroid.

Seems like Atlus gave up english voices at the end of the 3DS imo. It make sense, the console is at the end of it's life... even though it's still pretty decent. I sure hope I'd be as lively at my end. :p

On 17/08/2018 at 6:38 AM, Slyfox said:

I love Etrian Odyssey, although I've never even heard about the series until EOIV was released. I've played EOIV, EOU, EOU2 and EOV. I haven't played the Mystery Dungeon ones, mostly due to not enjoying the demo for one of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games at all. Not my kind of dungeon crawling, I guess.

Anyway, really looking forward to EOX, though I hope they remake EOIII some day, seeing as that's the only mainline game I'm missing.

Also, EOV was friggin difficult. Good grief...

Really ? I though EO5 was one of the easiest with EO4. The older one are definitly kick you in the balls harder.
...Wich is quite telling since EO5 and EO4 still are still difficult games, but I feel like they are less punitive, particulary EO5.

On 8/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, B.Leu said:

Really ? I though EO5 was one of the easiest with EO4. The older one are definitly kick you in the balls harder.
...Wich is quite telling since EO5 and EO4 still are still difficult games, but I feel like they are less punitive, particulary EO5.

I've played EO4 and EO5 on their advanced difficulties and I would agree that 4 is fairly easy.

I should mention that I've only played EOU and EOU2 on their respective easy modes and never completed the 6th dungeons for those two games because (story spoilers)

of how clearly the story ends with our heroes leaving for parts unknown after their respective fifth dungeons. Couldn't justify continuing on in terms of story. Maybe I should play classic mode and change that.

Is the advanced difficulty in the remakes exactly the same as the originals, quality of life updates notwithstanding? Maybe classic mode is?

Anyway, back to EO5. I might have had a a team that was a little too light on defense, though I found that most encounters were meant to have the monsters synergize with each other to an extreme degree and the bosses were really tough too. As for what I know about the original games (1-3), which isn't much, it seems to me like much of the difficulty came from being tedious and stupidly vague. Like comparing Metroid to Metroid: Zero Mission. Yeah, the original is "harder", but it's simply because it's incredibly unrefined (it is impressive for a game of its time but it has not aged well, sue me).

Let me know what you think!

Edited by Slyfox

On 8/16/2018 at 10:49 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

ZVjQQbf.pngvbHFQsa.png

Vampires!

Force Boost
Immortal Flesh

Force Break
March of the Dead

There is also two notable bugs in the game I've heard. 

1. If a Hero generates an afterimage and dies that turn, they disappear from the party and end up back in the guild with messed up HP/TP.
  2. The Sovereign's Dauntless Order has a 100% activation rate at all levels, rarely will one ever fear death with this.

That's actually... something else.

By either scanning 100 guild cards or playing 100 hours, and also getting a guild card with one of those two portraits as their set character, you unlock a sidequest that gets you an item that inflicts vamprisim on a character (red eyes and changes their force skills), as well as gaining those two portraits as selectable options for new characters.

...Yes, at first people didn't even believe it. It took the series' director/producer making multiple tweets saying "they've finally found that" and talking about a plague that had people convinced it was something bigger. The funny thing is that they seem to have counted on dataminers finding it in the data and sharing guild cards where they've hacked in the portrait, only to set things off for everybody else.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Reveal hidden contents

By either scanning 100 guild cards or playing 100 hours, and also getting a guild card with one of those two portraits as their set character, you unlock a sidequest that gets you an item that inflicts vamprisim on a character (red eyes and changes their force skills), as well as gaining those two portraits as selectable options for new characters.

...Yes, at first people didn't even believe it. It took the series' director/producer making multiple tweets saying "they've finally found that" and talking about a plague that had people convinced it was something bigger. The funny thing is that they seem to have counted on dataminers finding it in the data and sharing guild cards where they've hacked in the portrait, only to set things off for everybody else.

Spoiler

You actually get it by fulfilling two conditions out of how many there are. Right now only three confirmed which are:

1) Having 100 Guild Cards

2) Playing 100 Hours

3) Having one of every class in your guild as well as having a guild card that has a character with the vampire accessory equipped.

Any combination of these three will trigger the event. So it wasn't necessary for someone to hack in the Vampire since they could meet the first two conditions and become the patient zero. There have been reports that people have gotten the event without doing two of these three so it's very possible that there's more conditions. 

1 hour ago, TildeHat said:
  Hide contents

You actually get it by fulfilling two conditions out of how many there are. Right now only three confirmed which are:

1) Having 100 Guild Cards

2) Playing 100 Hours

3) Having one of every class in your guild as well as having a guild card that has a character with the vampire accessory equipped.

Any combination of these three will trigger the event. So it wasn't necessary for someone to hack in the Vampire since they could meet the first two conditions and become the patient zero. There have been reports that people have gotten the event without doing two of these three so it's very possible that there's more conditions. 

Thanks for the corrections; wasn't fully keeping my eyes on things, so didn't know it had been hammered out.

9 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Wow.

Spoiler

While I would have liked a full Vampire class, this isn't bad either. Yes it overrides the character's natural Force skills, but I can see it being rather useful. At the least, it's a panic button with the party revive (albeit capping at 200 HP apparently) and three turns of endurance (although the right ailments can fudge it up). It could be great on a Protector obviously too. Hyperoffensive might find a use for it by letting someone go all out even if fragile, but given most Force skills have at least one offensive component, it wouldn't be guaranteed to be the pest for this- some binds or an ailment might be better.

Do they have the "day hurt, night heal" passive found in the data as well?

One of GFAQs other major dataminers, HououinMakise, had this to say:

"For the record, the Vampire portraits are very late in the internal portrait order. They come after the one NPC battle portrait (Spoilers [I've replaced the name that was once here]), which are always the last portraits inserted into the game--this has been the case since EO4. This lends credence to the "added very late, dropped in a hurry" theory.

(Spoilers is portrait class 20, Vampire is portrait class 21.)"

Whether you choose to believe their theory, I'll leave up to you, I'm only presenting the evidence.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2018 at 2:19 AM, Slyfox said:

Is the advanced difficulty in the remakes exactly the same as the originals, quality of life updates notwithstanding? Maybe classic mode is?

Anyway, back to EO5. I might have had a a team that was a little too light on defense, though I found that most encounters were meant to have the monsters synergize with each other to an extreme degree and the bosses were really tough too. As for what I know about the original games (1-3), which isn't much, it seems to me like much of the difficulty came from being tedious and stupidly vague. Like comparing Metroid to Metroid: Zero Mission. Yeah, the original is "harder", but it's simply because it's incredibly unrefined (it is impressive for a game of its time but it has not aged well, sue me).

Let me know what you think!

Frankly, I think that EOU and EOU2 are a piece of cake, Story mode and Classic mode. And then somebody say that about EO, there is something smelly. Of course, it is still difficult, but not as it where in the past. I dunno if I'm actually happy or unhapppy about that or not.

I'd say that EO5 and EO4 are harder than EOU/EOU2, but that EOU/EOU2 are nothing compared to their original. The EOU series help you a tad much, and give you toys to make everything easier. Like Grimoires, or the House. You obviously, don't have that in the original. Futhermore, EOU2, you can casually walk in Yggdrasil in normal difficulty without problems, escaping FOE and surviving left and right, or heck, just escaping and surviving..
Don't you dare dreaming of that for past EO or you'll get your arse kicked something fierce faster than Fafnir Knight can melt bosses. :p

About EO5, just gonna put that, the post-game is mean, lot of gimmicks, ailments are your friends, prepare to get confused by the bonus floor. I thought the Porcelain Forest was bad...

On 22/08/2018 at 1:17 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wow.

Reveal hidden contents

While I would have liked a full Vampire class, this isn't bad either. Yes it overrides the character's natural Force skills, but I can see it being rather useful. At the least, it's a panic button with the party revive (albeit capping at 200 HP apparently) and three turns of endurance (although the right ailments can fudge it up). It could be great on a Protector obviously too. Hyperoffensive might find a use for it by letting someone go all out even if fragile, but given most Force skills have at least one offensive component, it wouldn't be guaranteed to be the pest for this- some binds or an ailment might be better.

Do they have the "day hurt, night heal" passive found in the data as well?

One of GFAQs other major dataminers, HououinMakise, had this to say:

"For the record, the Vampire portraits are very late in the internal portrait order. They come after the one NPC battle portrait (Spoilers [I've replaced the name that was once here]), which are always the last portraits inserted into the game--this has been the case since EO4. This lends credence to the "added very late, dropped in a hurry" theory.

(Spoilers is portrait class 20, Vampire is portrait class 21.)"

Whether you choose to believe their theory, I'll leave up to you, I'm only presenting the evidence.

Excuse me, but, Nani ?

Spoiler

Those conditions are rather bullcrap for suck gimmicks :/
I'm kind of dissapointed to see that it's just a color change and a change of Force Boost and Break, but boy, I really, really want to see more of those things in future EOs.

Immortal Flesh, nulify all damage for 3 turns sounds perfect for a protector who use a 'All party Shield' skill, but by being a vampire he would lose his one turn Nulify Party Damage for 1 turn. So I guess the question is, which one is better.
March of the dead, revive everyone plus 2+1 per revived allies almighty INT attacks, unless we found the Hexer way of EO2 to make it gamebreaking, it's rather lame-sounding, plus the 'almost dead party' thingy.
Sounds badass though.

14 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Frankly, I think that EOU and EOU2 are a piece of cake, Story mode and Classic mode. And then somebody say that about EO, there is something smelly. Of course, it is still difficult, but not as it where in the past. I dunno if I'm actually happy or unhapppy about that or not.

I'd say that EO5 and EO4 are harder than EOU/EOU2, but that EOU/EOU2 are nothing compared to their original. The EOU series help you a tad much, and give you toys to make everything easier. Like Grimoires, or the House. You obviously, don't have that in the original. Futhermore, EOU2, you can casually walk in Yggdrasil in normal difficulty without problems, escaping FOE and surviving left and right, or heck, just escaping and surviving..
Don't you dare dreaming of that for past EO or you'll get your arse kicked something fierce faster than Fafnir Knight can melt bosses. :p

About EO5, just gonna put that, the post-game is mean, lot of gimmicks, ailments are your friends, prepare to get confused by the bonus floor. I thought the Porcelain Forest was bad...

Do note that the Untolds and EOX are balanced around Expert mode. It's true that you can do some ridiculous damage in the Untolds but there is no way EO4 is harder than EOU. EOU Claret Hollows has particularly evil encounters. And escaping from battles is generally a valid thing to do in Etrian games outside of 4 due to 4 having a really broken escape formula.

2 hours ago, TildeHat said:

Do note that the Untolds and EOX are balanced around Expert mode. It's true that you can do some ridiculous damage in the Untolds but there is no way EO4 is harder than EOU. EOU Claret Hollows has particularly evil encounters. And escaping from battles is generally a valid thing to do in Etrian games outside of 4 due to 4 having a really broken escape formula.

So basically, I played them as not the true normal mode. Well, there goes my argument and my dignity. :p

For running away, in past EO, I always thought it wasn't the good thing to do, simply because it failed most of the time, and if I did escape, I probably lost characters. Maybe the RNG did not like me at the time.