Let's play FE Green/Midori, HM!

Hi everyone! Never tried any sort of LP at all, but after being somewhat inspired by seeing some others like Ruben’s I’ve decided I may as well try my own. I’ve been having a lot of fun (and torture) playing through the green/midori hack, a big hack of Sacred Stones that features lots of characters from the series with green hair! It also adds a lot of mechanics from other games, and it’s something I can strongly recommend to those who haven’t tried it, so I figured I may as well try a LP of it and showcase some of the game. On hard of course.

So while the translation patch for the hack translates basically everything you need to play it, the story itself isn’t translated. From what I can tell it’s mostly sacred stones with character replacements, though a few chapters here and there are notably different. Having just started messing around with FEBuilderGBA, I had the thought of trying to write in a pseudo-translation/copy-paste of SS script, but that’d be a lot of work and probably a bit much for my first LP. I may try end up trying some small-scale things for this one later, we’ll see.

Also, since it was requested, here's the link on where to get the patch!

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3860/

This links to the patch that contains the translation. Note that you game needs to be the FE8J version. The patch comes with two styles, one with only the translation and no changes, or one that has some baked in QoL changes, which is what I'm using in this hack. The download also has a nice little guide with useful info about the game and various chapter, character and skill information.

So, let's get on with the Prologue!

Spoiler

In booting up the game, the intro isn’t any different till you get here…

cEwnyCZ.pngUN6wM6F.png

Well hi there Arden face.

ok4Cnxj.png

We have so many choices for difficulty, like normal and normal! But why make things easy on myself, right?

NnXaT7y.pngkkeii2H.pngUmEAxDj.png

We’ve got Fado ruling Renais, with hair that’s probably more green than his kids. Why can’t he be playable? I guess Ced’s doin stuff in Frelia, and he does eventually join us! Meanwhile, Ismaire rules Jyahana.

JHy0OJ2.pngCWUS5Ye.pngQjARdN3.png

Vigarde’s ruling Grado and uh…L’Arachel’s uncle guy rules Roston. I can’t remember his name. Klimt does council stuff in Carcino. I know Klimt’s name cause he’s the best NPC later in the game. You’ll see.

6ImHLtD.png21fXvMX.png

As you can see, all our units are rightfully green instead of blue. Even the soldier doing the report! I like little things like that.

MkOVYdu.png

And here’s our first of the two main protagonists! With…hair that’s sort of green I guess? This game’s definition of green for hair is sorta flexible.

qC8Rr2D.png

Seth, Sothe, close enough. He takes Eirika to escape, along with our cavalier. You know, I guess it could make sense having the thief try to sneak her out of the under-attack castle instead of Seth rushing her out.

MPBYX84.png

Once outside, we see our cavalier is Lance! Who promptly goes to get more help.

YcvrAmF.png

Then we’re found by Valter, and the inevitable ensues…

WpDls8U.png1mkOINf.png

Sothe survives his head impaling well enough to escape.

lABie7S.pngVnY3oBH.png

And Valter lets us go. What a swell guy.

SJZYPHz.pngEKeiJMH.png26k4j3d.png

I seem to be really good at catching mid-blink Eirika. Sothe then gots her a Rapier, followed by this guy showing up. Let’s get to the gameplay then! First, let’s take a look at our units and their stats/growths. And their descriptions, cause the translator decided to have some fun with those.

hnldFtC.pngFLGfGIG.png

Growths: HP 50%, Str 35%, Mag 40%, Skl 55%, Spd 55%, Luck 60%, Def 30%

Supports: Sothe, Ephraim, Lyn, L’Arachel, Ced, Alec

Eirika’s growths are actually a little lower than in SS, outside of Mag/Res. Bases are a little higher though. While she’s not the best for a while and has some very shaky durability, she actually gets all three types of magic on promotion. Her horse is also a big improvement, especially since this game has Canto work like some of the others where mounted units can move after attacking/healing as well.

In addition, magic and res are combined in this game, I think this was to allow the Str/Mag split. Max level is also 30 for all classes.

xHGXVuO.pngfyYJ7Tb.png

Growths: HP 30%, Str 60%, Mag 25%, Skl 80%, Spd 45%, Luck 65%, Def 20%

Supports: Eirika

Sothe is your only thief, and stealing in this game allows you to steal unequipped weapons and any staves as well. I think you still only need either equal or greater speed. For his stealing, Sothe is pretty much invaluable; there are so many weapons/staves you can get if you abuse stealing as best you can. He’ll turn out a fine unit too with his growths the way they are. He can promote to Assassin (where he can still steal), or Rogue which gets staves in addition to not needing lockpicks. He’s also the only one who can use the few knives you get, which are outside the triangle.

One more important note is that everyone in this game has movement growths, though I’m not sure what the numbers are on these. According to the translator’s guide, pretty much everyone has between 1-5%. The exception to this is Arden, who has much more than anyone else.

With that out of the way, let’s showcase the real hero of our story.

38KvdcA.png9ScqNQd.png

Meet my friend Snag. The game can sometimes bug and give you this extra unit in your list (though he doesn’t appear on the field). Never saw it in my first playthrough, but showed up right away here. It’s relatively harmless if you don’t try to mess with it, and will eventually go away once you get to route splits and picking units for deployment, but can be a minor annoyance like making it so you have to manually end your turn when you’ve moved everyone.

rMf71gb.pngyWofjnK.png

Some bosses get fun descriptions, O’Neill isn’t so lucky. His stats are a little scary though. Also, there’s a description of how AS works in this game. Helpful how detailed the tooltip is for that.

5dgJpn8.png40rHZBi.png

First turn, let’s get Sothe healed a little and Eirika in range of the first enemy. You can also see where I have to manually end cause snag exists.

XgmuDWF.pngECITCXM.pngzALAkWh.png

Eirika takes an unfortunate hit but crits and doubles him in return with that fun shot.

lRaTL1r.pngTZA47S0.png

This means to be safe I have to make Eirika heal for two turns and have Sothe kill the fighter. Thank goodness Vulneraries have six uses in this game.

qL7Gs2U.png

Eirika heals and moves to take the attack from this guy. In retrospect, coulda had Sothe take the attack first but I’m optimistic about Eirika dodging!

BXH0lru.png

Of course I shouldn’t be optimistic.

djVwxm6.pngdb0MBYs.png

Eirika heals up again and Sothe does his job and dodges, taking out the fighter and giving us our first level up!

haFO7yc.png

I’ll take it, as long as he gets more speed soon cause I need him to be able to steal.

wIuFrOq.pngv7jTg3T.png

Eirika heals again as we move towards the boss, and as the boss starts moving I finally decide to take the offense to get Eirika a kill.

66y5XpE.pngZ2vzFbm.png

Sothe does his job of not critting, and Eirika finishes it and gets a level!

NITRPZa.png

Eirika’s defying all my expectations by not dodging anything, and gaining strength and HP. Let’s see how long this keeps up.

p5CvaXx.png6loEU93.png

With that the chapter’s over, though I once again manage to catch mid-blink Eirika and closed eyes Sothe. Didn’t get Eirika as many kills as I wanted, but hopefully some early strength will help. Next time, we get our first FE6 units and a…fun early cameo from one of my favorites who joins later!

Thanks for reading so far! I'll try to have the Chapter 1 update within a couple days, and in general I'll try to see if I can do updates at least once a week or two.

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Never tried any sort of LP at all, but after being somewhat inspired by seeing some others like Ruben’s I’ve decided I may as well try my own.

I don't know if I'm all that happy with someone being inspired by my LPs. They blow.

I know nothing about this game, so I suppose I shall be discovering it alongside you.

cEwnyCZ.pngUN6wM6F.png

Well hi there Arden face.

This is going to be fun, isn't it?

MkOVYdu.png

And here’s our first of the two main protagonists! With…hair that’s sort of green I guess? This game’s definition of green for hair is sorta flexible.

"Sort of" green? That's as blue as it gets! This is a sham, all of it! Why couldn't Fado be the main Lord? His hair is actually a sort of bluish green, and even his armor is green! He'd be perfect! You disappoint me, FEgreen.

38KvdcA.png9ScqNQd.png

Meet my friend Snag.

Maybe he's just a special Thief Lord. He snags everything the enemy has!

Ahem. My apologies.

You can also see where I have to manually end cause snag exists.

Personally, I don't find that to be so bad. It's handy to be able to take screenshots of the overworld after moving your entire army. With autoend turns, you just can't do that.

I’m optimistic about Eirika dodging!

BXH0lru.png

Of course I shouldn’t be optimistic.

FE.png

Please tell me this game forgets about Tomas. It would make me very happy and very sad at the same time.

Incidentally, if Tomas is in this game, please do use him. That's all I ask for.

First off, thanks to everyone reading and replying so far! Feel free to let me know what you guys think is going well and what I can do better, as I'm still super new to this.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:12 PM, Shiinoobi said:

Is there a way to download the game. Also, great playthrough.

I'll go back to the first post and edit in some info for that, and thank you!

On 8/2/2018 at 3:00 AM, Kubson said:

Sothe- 'Mother of Ike's children' Riiiggghhttt xD

I just recently saw the RD text where this joke originated from. I should play RD sometime...which means I need to finish PoR first...

On 8/2/2018 at 11:17 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know if I'm all that happy with someone being inspired by my LPs. They blow.

I know nothing about this game, so I suppose I shall be discovering it alongside you.

Aww don't say that, your LPs are really done well! Despite the ensuing depression. But especially after starting this, I can really appreciate all the work that goes into one of these, and I'm only on chapter 1 and not doing fancy story stuff or portraits!

This is going to be fun, isn't it?

Hope so! Depends on how much grief some of the later chapters give me. Oh, who am I kidding, every chapter can do this. Except probably 18.

"Sort of" green? That's as blue as it gets! This is a sham, all of it! Why couldn't Fado be the main Lord? His hair is actually a sort of bluish green, and even his armor is green! He'd be perfect! You disappoint me, FEgreen.

I wouldn't mind Fado being the Lord at all. Also, isn't there part of the game where Eirika travels under some other name as a mercenary? Maybe that could be a good excuse to color (hack) her hair. Or I'm missing something and the whole plot is them going after her cause her hair is blue.

Maybe he's just a special Thief Lord. He snags everything the enemy has!

Ahem. My apologies.

I dunno if I should feel good or bad that I laughed at that.

FE.png

Please tell me this game forgets about Tomas. It would make me very happy and very sad at the same time.

Incidentally, if Tomas is in this game, please do use him. That's all I ask for.

The game totally forgot about Tomas. Actually, on the topic of FE1 characters I point you to Fiora's description.

9mf7yBc.png

I believe the only FE1/3 units are Abel, Tiki, and Sedgar. No Palla, Gordin, Tomas, etc. Instead we have questionably green haired people like Fiora, Tate/Thea and Dieck.

On that note however, if anyone wants to see a particular character get used as they come up I definitely don't mind fitting some requests in. My only absolute locks right now are the Lords, and Lugh and Raigh cause bias.

Well, let's move on to Chapter 1 then!

Spoiler

MFsrw1q.pngw5skt74.png

So that cameo I mentioned, say hi to Cecilia, my second favorite character in the series! She’ll join us later, but has a very important job to do first.

EnwDN0t.pngoHn8aDI.png 

This guy and some soldiers show up, and the boss moves towards Cecilia. Also, NPC units in this game are orange, which is a nice touch. They didn’t give Cecilia an orange palette though, but I’m pretty sure most ally units later have one.

c1DkFQr.png

Looks like she’s got this in the bag, right? He doesn’t even have a crit chance…

mmJ0jkZ.png

Now that’s just cheating!

rb9950f.png

And so Cecilia reprises her role of jobbing to an enemy before recruitment. The economy’s been hard though, so she’s had to resort to losing to first chapter one-shot bosses instead of main antagonists. Poor Cecilia…

YesvmTa.png

Hey, at least she’s alive!

bzHASCT.png

Eirika and Sothe enter the scene from the south, and so we have our start!

kbj3vJU.png

Doesn’t look too bad right? I’m sure those forts up in the top right won’t do anything nefarious and are just for decoration.

3gokseF.pngtUQkZAz.png

Unlike O’Neill, Breguet gets his own description! Typical knight stats, and he hits hard.

Fq3oO1Z.pngIBPCR3u.png

First turn is just moving north, and a few of the fighters start moving towards me.

iT4InA6.png

Lance returns and has found a giant chin to aid us! Let’s take a look at these two.

ApMbrQT.pnggXn2ytZ.pngpqet3WW.png

Growths: HP 70%, Str 40%, Mag 20%, Skl 45%, Spd 50%, Luck 35%, Def 30%

Supports: Bors, Wolt, Kyle, Heath, Abel

Similar to his FE6 self, Lance is solid, with better growths in Skl and Spd. His growths are nearly identical to his FE6 ones, but with better HP, Def, and Mag/Res. Horses are always great with canto the way it is, and he’s also got the Great Knight option for promotion in this game. He’s our only cavalier for a little while, so his movement in early chapters can be key, and his growths are fairly good. Supporting with Bors early on can be quite helpful too.

2a56xRh.pngzzJHXAy.pngVogPhKs.png

Growths: HP 70%, Str 35%, Mag 25%, Skl 35%, Spd 40%, Luck 50%, Def 40%

Supports: Lance, Vanessa

Bors joins us as well with his chin and fancy moustache-lookin hair. His growths are slightly improved from FE6 outside of HP, so you can generally expect similar things in this game. Access to Great Knight probably helps him, and he tends to get some good use from me since this game bombards you with lots of reinforcements, so a lot of maps turn defensive for me. I’ve also just never been one to go for LTC or anything.

WpbmJQP.pngs14EnBO.png 

Sothe gets the fighter above down to 1 HP, and Eirika follows.

ZSGhd86.pngIxuLHTE.pngf0Yd586.png 

Lance’s stats against the soldier are a little depressing, so I have him wait in the fort with a sword and have Bors hit the soldier.

DF4Hvdm.pngUuH28Qn.png 

Bors dodges better than Eirika’s done thus far.

pg2uyVw.png0wVlVGR.pngwGwAVbE.png 

Not so much luck the second time, but I’ll take it.

s4bhaCQ.pngUpOzmj6.png1JSuuI7.png 

Lance does well against the fighter here, the one on the left starts closing in while the fighter Sothe hurt retreats. Enemy AI is occasionally weird in this game, but I’ve mostly noticed it on this chapter where enemies can seek out forts to heal or will just retreat if they’re hurt, only to turn around to attack another unit the next turn.

8WRvihm.pngx5awbk6.png 

Reinforcements show up. A shocker, I know.

P7sE2q5.png2qm7nu9.png 

With kind of scary stats too, the cavalier is better than Lance!

WtyiWjl.pngePqEqfj.png8zWCXlF.png 

Sothe takes out the runaway fighter and Bors finishes the soldier, while Lance does his best on the fighter.

PbcgFVR.pngtbqUIys.png 

On enemy phase the 1HP fighter realizes the error of his ways and goes out with a generous sacrifice, giving Bors his first level!

fcG3zj3.png 

Decent enough.

JKgGTlh.pngPdu3dEw.png 

I think I missed a few shots here cause this is a little ahead, where the approaching fighter gives Sothe an okay level. I’ll always take speed on him.

OgTZZGZ.png9dkflNj.png 

We get everyone into defensive positions with all the reinforcements approaching, and Bors heals himself up with one of Lance’s vulneraries

ahY9jpq.png 

Keep it up Lance.

YpPbrlX.pngUzesrCZ.pngpIwKeAI.png 

Sothe finally misses something, but he hits his second attack.

Hg7tfff.pngrEtoofa.pngtCshiQN.pngb5Ou99v.png 

Eirika finally dodges something, and returns the attack with a crit! Maybe things are looking up for her! The other peg dies to Sothe’s counter.

0JnZ69u.pngXweHCq2.png 

On our turn Lance finishes the soldier Sothe softened up and gets a good first level!

Xi7iagW.png3edcDrh.png 

Lance can then move onto the fort to heal himself as we go defensive again.

2C078eP.png2H6NRPh.pngXWR2kvd.png 

So here’s where things get…interesting, and I actually had to reset (for the second time).

My failed actions for this turn were this:

Ge3TPHi.pngfyICPum.pngJ1MYVpn.pngeg3X6Ra.png 

Sothe weakens the hand axe fighter and levels, then Lance finishes him. My plan had been to move Lance back onto the fort, but I forgot just how penalizing the forest/fort movement costs were and realize I screwed myself.

I might be fine if Bors can take care of the fighter though…

JnDQHiy.pngYyNArJo.png 

Urw6Nkv.pngMc71b47.png 

This means rip Lance, and I have to reset.

However…since the chapter is rather short and I’m annoyed at this point (it’s actually my second reset), I actually just repeated the exact same actions up till this point and got the exact same numbers. I feel bad about this cause it feels like sorta cheating, even if my error was just not remembering movement costs.

I’ll try not to do that in the future. However, I haven’t decided if I’m gonna post shots from failed attempts or just do the successful ones in the future. Will probably depend on how much work I feel like doing or if you guys wanna see em.

Moving on, let’s get back to the moment of truth and do things differently.

W9GA2i9.pngPofQvKh.png 

Sothe kills the already weakened fighter and gets a better level up this time.

rn0cvEu.pngJuswfPW.png 

Bors fails to hit the hand axe fighter and Lance stays put and heals up.

FIVf8cP.pngj7P7jwx.pngfzpsWHd.png 

The soldier goes for Lance while the fighter goes for Eirika, and the cav goes for Bors.

vHT597z.pnguI8eFwK.png 

Lance finishes the soldier and goes to lure over the one near the boss. Sothe weakens the fighter for Eirika…

2uyTUFN.png 

Who gets a fairly solid level up. I do hope she gets some defense sometime soon though.

LLlOkYd.png

Bors gets a little xp for attacking.

lwpTsRM.pngCnW2GlB.png 

As the soldier hits Lance, he gets a level fitting for an FE6 character. I think it’s punishment for my reset.

dtcR6cz.pngFBWM4Nd.png 

These two finish off the cav. Who just so happened to have an iron sword I’d been planning on stealing, but I forgot as I killed him. Probably more karma for my reset.

mob6aZp.png 

The soldier runs away on their turn.

FlMostd.png 

But as I move Sothe in range he comes back. I’m not trying to give Sothe this many kills, it just kinda keeps happening. Or I might just be bad, who knows?

pMr4kwZ.png

And more reinforcements!

bCL6b0g.pngtFiZeyI.png 

We get some fort healing done and wait em out.

PtXMjsv.png71uc6QI.png 

Bors gets another level! Pretty good, but I hope he starts getting some speed soon. Please don’t be like my other HM speed screwed Bors…

LTSwDzk.pngiRQkhmT.png 

Lance tries to finish the soldier and fails.

wwFNd9y.png 

So does Bors.

SRxu64P.png6NvXJGD.png 

Lance succeeds on enemy phase and gets a pretty sweet level.

L1acxT4.png 

Yeesh, that woulda hurt, though Lance would be safe unless he crit…

7EHaKiU.png 

Yeah that could have been bad.

9WPQn5e.png 

For some reason the fighter didn’t move to attack anyone. Guess he saw what Lance did to his friend, and who wouldn’t be intimidated by a chin like Bors’.

Bseicql.pngMOFHgvN.pngL2njRhS.png 

He’ll gladly attack Eirika though. Must be the not-green hair.

L2njRhS.pngt5RPVAC.png 

Bors also gets in there to get a little xp, and Eirika finishes him.

jTnqiJF.png8ruUeHd.png 

Only thing left is the boss! Let’s have Sothe soften him up first.

4SEpZyN.pngPxuGx6K.pnggRBHJpJ.png 

He gets a pretty good level out of it before retreating. Next let’s send up Eirika, who might get him if she hits both Rapier hits.

KMdBRjt.png

Nope.

64c88uB.pngrN0kLlp.png 

Bors tries to get some xp in there while Eirika heals up.

3Oy3Kbf.pngjRQJpwZ.png 

Once she’s healed up we do a very unnecessary rescue drop chain to get her in front of the boss.

oh0KTcN.pngDdcTuM1.png 

She succeeds, and gets some strength for her trouble. Maybe her description lied now get some defense please.

WK0mYHH.pngkPmLqt5.pngYR9m0pO.png 

And so we seize, save Cecilia, and move on to Frelia, where we meet…

b9xxfzW.png 

Erinys! Who I guess is the ruler of Frelia here and not Hayden (or Ced). For some reason we don’t actually get her, though she has some data in the game. I’m assuming she was going to be playable but either wasn’t finished or the idea was dropped.

8g13gj2.png 

She assigns us Vanessa, who looks very unamused with everything going on. Or she’s judging Eirika on her not-green hair. No way of knowing for sure. Maybe Frelians are prejudiced against other colors.

Ac6oncd.png

Lastly, there’s Erinys talking with…Fee! Who is also strangely not playable. She also has a lot more data in the game than Erinys, including showing up in other character’s support tables and having unique growths. Pretty much everything but a palette. Hmm…maybe I could hack her in over Fiora or something.

Q4D2ODU.png

And with that we move on to Chapter 2, where we’ll get quite a few characters, and all from different games! Chances are the update will be sometime tomorrow (or later today depending on time zone), since it isn't too long a chapter and I'm still on vacation for a few days, so I'm trying to knock some of the early ones out quickly.

Got it done pretty quickly, so here, have chapter 2!

Spoiler

INwe87Y.png

And so with these two and Lance added to our party, Eirika continues her quest for Ephraim. Or better hair.

4Ibjdkd.png 

Vanessa goes ahead to scout, only to find...

XKorqp6.png

Bandits? In Fire Emblem? No way.

ZyUhWQu.png23hubEO.pngbat9ajH.png

And hey, it's Wolt and Rebecca! Who appear to be about the same age. They make it out as that village is destroyed.

9UaOVMr.png

Vanessa reports back, so it's time to look at the map, then our new characters!

eq6zS68.png

A bit different than SS's chapter 2, which is good to see.

JjWHgkf.pngdxc2gJ8.pngdxc2gJ8.png 

Growths: HP 50%, Str 35%, Mag 25%, Skl 30%, Spd 50%, Luck 50%, Def 45%

Supports: Syrene, Bors, Alec

As her description says, Vanessa is actually a very tanky flier once she gets going, which is a great boon to have in this game. Her strength, skill and magic are nothing impressive, but she'll have solid speed, luck and defense. She's also our first unit with a skill, which is fittingly Big Shield. For her promotions, WK gives her a better offense while Falco gives her swords and staves.

uGH211Q.pngBQjLFYS.pngpovwZXJ.pngkYV4cK8.png

Growths: HP 70%, Str 35%, Mag 50%, Skl 45%, Spd 50%, Luck 40%, Def 30%

Supports: Rebecca, Lance

Poor Wolt gets no love from the translator (though he's kinda right, at least in FE6...). Here, he's actually a trainee archer. He can go typical archer which leads to Sniper (+15 crit and sure strike) or Ranger (horse and swords). Or he can go super Fletchling, which is basically a Sniper but with different caps, notably a 40 magic cap.

His growths are odd. He'll be fairly durable but somewhat weak offensively. He gets good Mag, but can only use it with the Bownerary that he starts with, which only has 3 mt. His skills are both quite good though, especially Cancel. Maybe I'll give him a shot this playthrough...

x9SEAPi.pngvEPD92n.pngy3uDbkk.png

Growths: HP 50%, Str 50%, Mag 20%, Skl 55%, Spd 60%, Luck 55%, Def 20%

Supports: Wolt, Nino, Orsin, Nephenee, Lowen, Sain

Rebecca's generally got much better growths than her son, and they're generally improved from FE7 as well. No skills like Wolt, but her great growths and solid bases make up for it. I'll probably end up using her a fair bit even if not into the endgame.

I also wanna point out a few weapon changes here. I've already mentioned Wolt's Bownerary:

Xx7yauG.png

But let's look at Vanessa's weapons too.

FsspGeC.pngrirkdEX.png

Yeah, Slim Lances have 80% crit. Still weak mt and low weight, but the crit on them is just frankly ridiculous. Makes it very fun to use though, especially since you don't get another one for a good while. Also scary when enemies start packing them.

The Javelin is just there to point out how heavy it is. I'm actually fairly okay with that as a balancing measure. Hand axes have a similar extreme weight to help further their downsides.

Oh, and let's not forget to check the boss.

ryPoGLz.png

While he does get a description, statwise he's actually quite worse than O'Neill from the Prologue, so fortunately he's not too threatening.

wHo7XYP.pngE3FeqvW.png 

We start our advance and Lance takes on the first Brigand.

VKpmBmb.png

Fun feature: hitting select lets you display the danger zone. I don't think that was originally a feature in FE8, though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

TvsFtFn.png0YgcH0m.png

Vanessa visits the village and is equally judgemental of Selena, and we red gem got! Maybe I should make all the bosses have a single hair color...

I also forgot to mention Erinys gave us 5000g last chapter.

Re6ZTbq.png0i7YB8X.png

We end turn, and Eirika gets attacked.

R0rbOc5.pngrKpMGlI.png

She weakens the poor bandit while Lance ends another.

WDtjSWc.png

I'll take it, a little more luck to get rid of those low crit chances can't hurt, and we could use all the defense we can get.

MmUT4my.pngH814XwM.png

The Archer pokes Lance while Wolt heals up on the fort and with his Bownerary.

e8i4LSs.pngjcLFvHD.pngWC8AZY4.png

Bors makes a ghost out of the weakened Brigand and gets an okay level. Please get speed soon...

Qk785dZ.pngGykvUZB.pngfSxRu3y.png

We get some xp for Vanessa off the Archer, as she moves towards Wolt before he gets himself killed.

rTFou69.pngKM4mjMz.pngxNK0rDj.png 

The enemies just move a little, and Eirika goes after Bone. She can get rescued if she gets hit at least.

Cf7GgJ9.pngd6kQ0WZ.png

Thank goodness, though I keep accidentally getting shots after the fight animations are done. Mostly cause I forget I should take one till it's almost over.

xLlQfYT.png

Seriously, Eirika REALLY wants to prove that description wrong. Not complaining though.

yG2ylbK.pnghnzp3FM.pngXjYrfq8.png

Vanessa gets the other village and we Elixir get, then moves back towards Wolt and out of the reinforcements' range.

qk3yqZg.png77qli1b.png

End our turn here, and the reinforcement goes for Sothe.

grPsbL4.pngPggjylC.png6PCFlMx.png

Bone tries to use the mountain to his advantage, but terrain is no match for blue hair.

HVomK5c.pngpP8tvMK.png

"Mooom! They're cheating and attacking from range 1 again!"

fh763sH.pngYu6ER93.pngbqgzF9X.png

Lance goes for the village while Vanessa kidnaps Wolt. I'm sure Rebecca doesn't mind.

zwhxE1q.pngqRIMJ6u.png 

Sothe gets a nice level for his troubles. He's definitely getting speed like I want.

UEdBVZ8.pngG04uxUA.pngrSJZE90.png

Rebecca actually knows how to dodge. She needs to teach Wolt that.

nFzyxwV.pngzq4atXX.png

She also doesn't approve of cheating bullies.

3vlP4BM.pngUZmBqLB.pngZWwiVOc.png

Bors joins Sothe in dealing with reinforcements while Lance recruits a new face. I think we're really starting to stretch our definition of green though.

dj0dSgR.png2PhGMGZ.pngw2WHSDV.pngiKREAyD.png

Growths: HP 85%, Str 40%, Mag 5%, Skl 35%, Spd 45%, Luck 55%, Def 35%

Supports: Rebecca, Deke/Dieck

Seriously...I feel like he breaks the rules here with that hair. Anyways, Orsin gives us a much needed axe user. Fairly impressive bases and has decent growths as well as Wrath. He ever so slightly reminds me of Lot in going for the more "balanced" stat distribution. He was great my first playthrough and got str screwed the second.

You also do get Pugi later, and it's not even prf for him.

d6OUAE2.pngSDXqEKO.pngkltajYg.png

Moving on, Vanessa drops off Wolt to get recruited, who heals himself up. You know, I should check if non-Archers can still use the Bownerary's heal effect, could come in handy.

vRXunDa.png7nW4zB2.png

Behold, even more reinforcements. Actually, those spawned like FE6 ones do so they move immediately, ugh. I think there's only a few chapters where they do that though.

OXEeIbn.pngK1KZLfl.png

Axes are exchanged as Orsin sees his first combat. Orsin looks like he only barely tapped him with the axe though...

yls4wg7.pngrkmMo0K.pngqRW0GfL.png

You know, I want Orsin to get xp, but I don't wanna risk a reset here.

ou53rO3.pnggdqJ27c.pngJF2ISdU.png 

Vanessa rescues Rebecca while Bors holds off the reinforcements, who thankfully can't scale cliffs even if they can scale mountains.

kFeXeTz.pngqtQilTJ.png5kq7thP.png

Wolt recruits his Mom into our shenanigans, and she starts to get some xp.

WuEBLni.png

This brigand is far too blurry for Bors to hit.

VBALObL.pngggrHjNH.png

Vanessa gets her second kill, and we back up so both Rebecca and Wolt can pelt the slow approaching Cutthroats.

VH8YOxH.pngUAfd2o0.png

Bors continues to take axes during enemy phase.

BifkT2D.pngjeffDee.png5y4J2wb.pngDD1i4aY.png

This process gets Wolt a kill and 87xp!

0c98env.pngFyeI97l.pngOPHMFyl.png

Bors heals and Vanessa tries to get a hit for xp and fails.

VjI4X57.pngkFiJnDE.png

The same process as last turn repeats and Wolt level!

Pretty meh, more speed for Cancel is nice though.

oOQkTzG.pngFuFBYjC.pngS3oaPtn.png

Vanessa misses yet again and Bors levels.

YQJT7iv.png

Thank you! Speed! Also he's really getting a lot of strength too.

WrScKh9.pngsc3GcfD.png

Meh, same level too again, but minus the HP. C'mon Wolt, I wanna give you a chance.

6C0L9VH.pngQC3xsuR.png

Same process again, but the speed lets Bors double this time!

RMfqLtd.png9h12cQh.png

Rebecca gets the kill this time and tries to show her son how to level.

klLcsrz.pngNMfH7Y4.png

Vanessa finally gets a hit and a fantastic level to go with it.

FElQ2sy.pngbmw1U8x.png

Lance gets some hits in and Eirika finishes.

Rmrzldb.png

Yeah so far Eirika is just dead-set on proving her description wrong, and she finally got defense! See Wolt? If you try hard enough, you can beat your description too!

ITKwBh8.pnggEqtL8s.pngIaw7O9R.png

Let's try again Wolt...

MRxtEz9.png

Eh, sort of better.

u4jizS7.pngUthCblx.png

With that, the chapter's over! Eirika's getting real tired of seeing people with greener hair than her, and the villager's thank us.

0ZtFzdh.png9xV6bAU.png

Eirika flashbacks, and is it just me or does her hair look more green with the flashback filter?

txfnAyS.png 

She's too busy daydreaming to notice...Raigh! Who shows up to steal her bracelet or whatever it was.

GRmHtoS.png

Uh...Raigh...you might have tried a little too hard to get away fast. What're we gonna tell Lugh now? Reminds me of the cav from last chapter...

fzpsWHd.png

I'm not sure if this is just the VBA screen capture going crazy and not being perfect, or there's just some really bad single frames in there.

vmw7xUP.pngTSfOTRH.png

Sothe comes up and checks on her, and we proceed to chase Raigh! Coming up, we get two of my (obvious) favorites in the series! And fight more bandits cause FE is varied.

The Erinys data is more than likely just the creature campaign Hayden data from creature campaign but as a falcoknight and fee was more than likely another CC replacement unit maybe Caellach or Riev 

Guess I'll just respond to two updates instead of just one.

On 3/8/2018 at 5:25 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

The game totally forgot about Tomas. Actually, on the topic of FE1 characters I point you to Fiora's description.

9mf7yBc.png

No, no, forget about Fiora, what do you mean they forgot Tomas? Tomas is as green as it gets! He's fundamentally green! How dare they forget about him?

I wouldn't mind Fado being the Lord at all. Also, isn't there part of the game where Eirika travels under some other name as a mercenary?

No, actually, she just tries to paper-thinly disguise the fact that she's Eirika of Renais if she visits the village with Selena in it. Selena quickly catches on to the fact that she's not just any common joe, and the best Eirika can think up is "Erina, the mercenary". It's about as pathetic in game as it sounds.

w5skt74.png

So that cameo I mentioned, say hi to Cecilia, my second favorite character in the series! She’ll join us later, but has a very important job to do first.

Cecilia!

rb9950f.png

And so Cecilia reprises her role of jobbing to an enemy before recruitment.

Are you serious, FEgreen? Why does nobody respect Cecilia?

YesvmTa.png

Hey, at least she’s alive!

Right, I'd forgotten she has the power to get killed three times over by the main antagonist of the game and still live. Maybe she's a distant relative of Frey?

Similar to his FE6 self, Lance is solid

His eye's still solid in here too, I see. Injokes!

Bors joins us as well with his chin and fancy moustache-lookin hair.

Fun fact: in the fanmade hack, Order of the Crimson Arm, one of the characters is just a recoloured Bors with his hairdo turned into a moustache and Gonzales's hair thrown in to replace it. He's one of my favourite characters in the game.

2uyTUFN.png 

Who gets a fairly solid level up. I do hope she gets some defense sometime soon though.

The first time I read this, I thought "more defense?! But she already has 10! I've never had such a tanky Eirika!".

Then I looked again and realised that's luck. Stupid magic, ruining the perfectly good order of the stats in the level up screen. I'm sure it's just as useless for physical units as it is in Archanea!

L1acxT4.png 

Yeesh, that woulda hurt, though Lance would be safe unless he crit…

7EHaKiU.png 

Yeah that could have been bad.

Nice. Crits don't just kill you when they're performed by the enemy. Crits suck, even when you are the one to get them! Crits are fair and balanced, to be sure.

4SEpZyN.pngPxuGx6K.pnggRBHJpJ.png 

He gets a pretty good level out of it before retreating. Next let’s send up Eirika, who might get him if she hits both Rapier hits.

This guy's pretty good, isn't he? Except for the low magic. His magic is too low. Bench.

oh0KTcN.pngDdcTuM1.png 

She succeeds, and gets some strength for her trouble. Maybe her description lied now get some defense please.

I wouldn't complain, that's an unbelievable amount of strength for Eirika. What she truly needs is green hair.

And so we seize, save Cecilia, and move on to Frelia, where we meet…

b9xxfzW.png 

Elincia?

Erinys!

I have no idea who this is. I'm a Fire Emblem fan!

Hmm…maybe I could hack her in over Fiora or something.

Do it. Fiora's got blue hair. She does not deserve to be in FEgreen. While at it, you could replace Eirika with Elincia or something.

8 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

INwe87Y.png

And so with these two and Lance added to our party, Eirika continues her quest for Ephraim. Or better hair.

Wait, where's Moulder's replacement?

I should've known these japanese hackers could not possibly find a worthy replacement for the Boulder himself. Which is bad for you, as it means you get no healer.

The Javelin is just there to point out how heavy it is. I'm actually fairly okay with that as a balancing measure. Hand axes have a similar extreme weight to help further their downsides.

Personally, I like the way FE12 balanced them better. Higher weight just means only the fastest and/or biggest units get to be ridiculous, keeping great units just as good as always while further hurting the lesser ones. With low might, nobody can just barge in with a javelin and destroy everything, because even with high strength, the low power of the weapon still matters.

Of course, DSFE had forging, but let's not dwell on that.

ZWwiVOc.png

Bors joins Sothe in dealing with reinforcements while Lance recruits a new face. I think we're really starting to stretch our definition of green though.

Oh please, they're just grasping for straws at this point, and we're barely a couple chapters into the game. That's clearly black!

OXEeIbn.pngK1KZLfl.png

Axes are exchanged as Orsin sees his first combat. Orsin looks like he only barely tapped him with the axe though...

Seriously, does this mean green clothes also count? Are we going to get Lot, just because his shirt is a really pale shade of green?

Man, it'd be awesome if we got Lot, but somehow, I doubt that's going to happen.

Rmrzldb.png

Yeah so far Eirika is just dead-set on proving her description wrong, and she finally got defense! See Wolt? If you try hard enough, you can beat your description too!

That's a really good Eirika. I'm happy for you. Although I bet Eph is still going to be better.

txfnAyS.png 

She's too busy daydreaming to notice...Raigh! Who shows up to steal her bracelet or whatever it was.

GRmHtoS.png

Uh...Raigh...you might have tried a little too hard to get away fast. What're we gonna tell Lugh now? Reminds me of the cav from last chapter...

He's a thief now? C'mon, that's very unlike Raigh. Raigh'd get into her good books and make her take pity on him so that she'd give him the bracelet, just "for research". Knowing Eirika, that could very well happen.

Let's not talk about the fact that he now has dissasembling powers.

fzpsWHd.png

I'm not sure if this is just the VBA screen capture going crazy and not being perfect, or there's just some really bad single frames in there.

Pretty sure that ought to be the game, I've never seen anything like that.

Coming up, we get two of my (obvious) favorites in the series!

It would be a shame if... something happened to them, would it not?

So Lugh is Neimi. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Another relatively quick update for chapter 3!

17 hours ago, Pengaius said:

The Erinys data is more than likely just the creature campaign Hayden data from creature campaign but as a falcoknight and fee was more than likely another CC replacement unit maybe Caellach or Riev 

Makes sense, especially for Erinys. I do still think Fee was originally intended to be playable, as she still has almost everything done, and actually shows up as a unit in the support table for other characters. You can't see in-game that it's her, since you just see an "unknown" Pegasus Knight since you never get her, but data in the editor confirms it's her. You could still definitely be right though.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guess I'll just respond to two updates instead of just one.

Heh, sorry! Like I've said, these chapters are short and being on vacation means I can actually knock some of em out quickly. Like with this update!

No, no, forget about Fiora, what do you mean they forgot Tomas? Tomas is as green as it gets! He's fundamentally green! How dare they forget about him?

You know I kinda wish he was in too. At least the archers we do get are green enough.

No, actually, she just tries to paper-thinly disguise the fact that she's Eirika of Renais if she visits the village with Selena in it. Selena quickly catches on to the fact that she's not just any common joe, and the best Eirika can think up is "Erina, the mercenary". It's about as pathetic in game as it sounds.

Yeah it is kind of sad now that I think about it. At get a name with a different first letter...

Cecilia!

Are you serious, FEgreen? Why does nobody respect Cecilia?

At least she's kind of sort of good in this game? Not in stats though.

Right, I'd forgotten she has the power to get killed three times over by the main antagonist of the game and still live. Maybe she's a distant relative of Frey?

Reminds me I've seen some people head-canon/theorize that her injury from Zephiel is why her stats are so bad.

His eye's still solid in here too, I see. Injokes!

Hasn't stopped him from being my only unit to die thus far. Twice. Good thing I'm not iron manning I guess. Maybe one day.

Fun fact: in the fanmade hack, Order of the Crimson Arm, one of the characters is just a recoloured Bors with his hairdo turned into a moustache and Gonzales's hair thrown in to replace it. He's one of my favourite characters in the game.

I need to see that. I looked at the hack briefly and bookmarked it to play at some point. Looks fun!

The first time I read this, I thought "more defense?! But she already has 10! I've never had such a tanky Eirika!".

Then I looked again and realised that's luck. Stupid magic, ruining the perfectly good order of the stats in the level up screen. I'm sure it's just as useless for physical units as it is in Archanea!

At the very least since magic and resistance are combined it's defensive for them. Plus, this game has a few classes that can use both magic and physical weapons. I think it's just Mage Knights (swords), Valkyries (swords), Falcoknights (staves), Rogue (staves), and Eirika promoted (all three magic types). You do get a Bolt Axe way later, and there's the Bownerary for archers even though it's really underwhelming.

Nice. Crits don't just kill you when they're performed by the enemy. Crits suck, even when you are the one to get them! Crits are fair and balanced, to be sure.

Don't forget crits you get when trying to weaken someone for another unit! Where's the crit cancel button when you need it.

This guy's pretty good, isn't he? Except for the low magic. His magic is too low. Bench.

Not gonna complain about Sothe being good. I consider him pretty much forced deployment on most chapters. Stealing's just too nice to pass up.

I wouldn't complain, that's an unbelievable amount of strength for Eirika. What she truly needs is green hair.

Maybe on promotion!

Elincia?

Don't worry I had no idea who she was too. Had to look it up, she's from FE4 apparently, Fee and Ced's mom.

Do it. Fiora's got blue hair. She does not deserve to be in FEgreen. While at it, you could replace Eirika with Elincia or something.

Maybe if I didn't actually get Elincia later on.

Wait, where's Moulder's replacement?

I should've known these japanese hackers could not possibly find a worthy replacement for the Boulder himself. Which is bad for you, as it means you get no healer.

Yeah no healer here sucks.

Personally, I like the way FE12 balanced them better. Higher weight just means only the fastest and/or biggest units get to be ridiculous, keeping great units just as good as always while further hurting the lesser ones. With low might, nobody can just barge in with a javelin and destroy everything, because even with high strength, the low power of the weapon still matters.

Of course, DSFE had forging, but let's not dwell on that.

Fair. Here I guess they just get less punishing as people start getting more strength, which is true for the enemy too.

Oh please, they're just grasping for straws at this point, and we're barely a couple chapters into the game. That's clearly black!

Seriously, does this mean green clothes also count? Are we going to get Lot, just because his shirt is a really pale shade of green?

Man, it'd be awesome if we got Lot, but somehow, I doubt that's going to happen.

You know, I'm really...really tempted to try to hack in a green haired Lot in his place. Would just have to get a blinking version of his portrait and recolor from there.

That's a really good Eirika. I'm happy for you. Although I bet Eph is still going to be better.

First playthrough Eirika ended up being better cause my Eph was kind of underwhelming. Doesn't help she gets magic and he gets pretty much nothing on promotion. He does come with an amazing skill though, so I guess that makes up for it.

He's a thief now? C'mon, that's very unlike Raigh. Raigh'd get into her good books and make her take pity on him so that she'd give him the bracelet, just "for research". Knowing Eirika, that could very well happen.

Let's not talk about the fact that he now has dissasembling powers.

I mean at least he did sort of run off with Hugh's Nosferatu tome. Maybe trying to sell the bracelet it to get him and Lugh some money here? Not sure, also not sure where Raigh got those powers.

It would be a shame if... something happened to them, would it not?

Ugh, ugh I say. At you :P:. At least I'm not iron manning. This time...

So Lugh is Neimi. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I guess there's a tiny bit of similarity, but at the least from what I can tell the text is changed enough that he's not saying her lines

With that, on with the chapter!

Spoiler

3FtCaRv.png

Before we move on, gonna hit up the armory from last chapter for a few weapons and sell the red gem we got. Worries me a little though, since the game can be kind of sparse on money for a while.

f5etmzY.png

Of note, that's what Slim Swords look like in this game.

8BvcE4K.pnggoWh3PQ.png

Here we can see good ol' Snag in the menu with some buggy weapons. In this menu, he also appears as a color distorted version of whoever you were last on.

z2XIbzL.pngTx5hxkY.png

And so we chase after Raigh straight into a bandit fortress, but someone calls out to us first.

o42TPxw.pngaocHTNm.png

Hi Lugh!

u7LWTM8.pngLRZChMj.png

He joins us at the start here, as Bazba sics his people on us.

rV7XcZU.png

So cropping maps together is more annoying than it looks, and I'm scared of when they start getting really big.

If you want to get the most out of this chapter you need to rush it. If left alone, Raigh can easily get himself killed before you get over there (the archer 2 shots him). The thief will also start taking treasure, and you'll only get 1 chest key from mobs here, so if you can steal his lockpick and any treasure he's nabbed it's really helpful. Let's take a look at our new kids first though.

VroxqSH.pnglvD1AwP.png32Mjujm.pngVMoXl7K.png

Growths: HP 60%, Str 25%, Mag 40%, Skl 55%, Spd 45%, Luck 45%, Def 25%

Supports: Raigh, Elincia, Nino, Safy, Danved, Dozla

My favorite character in the series! His stats and growths are fairly similar to 6, with a little boost to HP, skill, luck and defense and a little nerf to speed. Pursuit is also a really good skill as long as his speed keeps up, and it helps his early game damage a lot. He's still very frail at the start and has no HP, but can become amazing if his growths don't hate you. He also can make some really good use out of Bolting during Ephraim’s route if you can get him up to B rank, which Pursuit helps with.

For promotion, Mage Knight gets him a horse (and swords, but his strength sucks) which is always great, and Sage gets him Light magic, which can be helpful when the game starts sending lots of Luna Shamans/Druids at you. He and Raigh are also your only decent source of magic damage for a long while, which can be really necessary.

For the short of why he’s my favorite, first off he's Nino's son (my favorite when I played 7 as a kid), a mage, I like his character/relations/etc., and in my very first playthrough of 6 (on an imported cartridge) he and Raigh were both absurdly RNG blessed. Probably helps I was close to their age when I first played the game too.

txLDhhT.pngwXbKrGy.pngUQKDZvw.pngl6p5PKr.png

Growths: HP 60%, Str 35%, Mag 45%, Skl 40%, Spd 40%, Luck 30%, Def 35%

Supports: Lugh, Renault, Nino

And here we have his twin brother; Raigh's around my 3rd or 4th favorite. His skill growth is a bit worse than 6, but HP and luck are better, and his defense growth is much better. Vantage is also really nice, especially once you start getting better tomes like Luna and eventually Nosferatu. With some luck, he can actually become quite tanky, in addition to being one of the game's few Dark users. His okay strength growth at least helps him wield the heavier Dark tomes eventually. Along with Lugh, he was critical in my other two playthroughs, especially once his staff rank got up.

Druid promo gets him Anima, though it doesn't do him too many favors until you get to B for Aircalibur and Bolting. Summoner gives him a lot of utility, though I've never actually made him one cause I just like Druids. Maybe this playthrough.

XLPU4YL.pngDBBTCE4.png

Bazba unfortunately doesn't get a cool description, and I guess I forgot to cap it anyway.

hg4Splh.pngGj5vRix.pngj7tNAyg.pngllgnqDZ.png

We'll start with Eirika taking on the nearby Brigand, with Lugh finishing him off for a Chest Key.

J00xvcl.pngBwfMDY5.pngbbOaM8k.png 

Lance and Sothe rush forward and Orsin takes a swing at the top guy.

U43ArEI.pngnWQvaFk.png 

Orsin does well.

hJyKyJc.png4zPGnjk.pngBg5d1La.png

Vanessa does not as she misses, and doesn't crit the second hit. Now she could easily die here.

TczNAkL.png

Phew.

Qy5AtFr.pngu7ZKa6B.png

Meh level for Lance.

j5L2nSR.pngle7kJv8.pngJ0O91IQ.png

Lugh gets hit and stares the bandit out of existence.

oKi224u.pngqSeYOWe.png

We cut to Raigh where he pulls a Flux outta nowhere (it's not like he opened the chest).

flFUq5G.pnggYJkHdn.png

He starts to kill the mercenary, who can't counter him and won't move. Smart man.

I1KfWcA.pnglloYcFy.png

On our turn Lugh gets a pretty nice first level! Wonder if he'll get defense blessed again...

QgHoBmC.pngvz6xoMr.png

Lance takes a shot at this Brigand while he and Sothe continue to move forward. This guy does have a pure water, but I really don't have the turns to spare stealing it.

7OCJ9cl.png2HraqdI.png

Wolt gets a half decent level finishing the guy up top.

R80zqE4.pngbfQARUZ.png

We end our turn with everyone moving slowly forward, and the brigand gets himself killed by Lance.

wtp84FK.pngA6077eD.png

The thief starts his pilfering, and I'm totally okay with Raigh missing. Buys him time before he can get counter attacked.

DFTQflG.png90zqT8H.png

Figured I could show the tome's stats. They're generally the weight of FE6 tomes. Remember, AS in this game doesn't factor Con for weapon weight, but strength. So Lugh's losing 1AS atm while wielding Fire thanks to his 1 strength.

oIiSYqP.pngkhWoGMG.png

The others continue healing and moving up, and I have to decide where to move Lance. If he draws the mercenary out, one of the others can attack Raigh.

62cROdh.pngeReGG9b.png

He takes a hit from the mage and the thief takes another weapon.

UtfvWAr.png

Raigh finishes the mercenary on his turn, leaving him open now.

eDug0uz.pngg2WpRfC.png

Lance takes some healing items and goes to start tanking attacks, with Sothe closing in too.

rPj4sJE.pngdZ0wA24.pngu4tWTQD.png

End turn here, with Lance blocking the way to Raigh. He takes a bunch of hits for it.

mXoQ6rd.pngW8vtu7R.png

The thief unlocks the door, and Raigh hits him which I forget to cap.

NxLfeLV.pngQFUjYsH.png

This means I need to steal the lockpick before Raigh kills him, and I figure I can at least get the lance by having Lugh kill him.

0Dg0rKe.png

I'll take any magic I can get on him.

RdimTcz.pngot1eDEt.pngA2vzTdv.png

Lance heals as everyone else keeps moving up, and takes the same hits.

wR6t6Q8.pngf1LzWCa.pngG2iLxf1.png

Raigh hits the archer on his turn, and I have Lance and Vanessa get him in Lugh's range.

AYXxkTj.pngUKEvasc.pngtr2g5Fu.png

Lugh recruits his brother!

MjY9Fe3.pngsvf7ity.png

Raigh finishes what he started with the archer, and Sothe moves for the treasure.

H1YcvKg.pngJL8LVbx.png

The mage goes for Rebecca and they trade.

m81cUMZ.pngWQp58Jw.pngj2pFzZs.png 

The twins kill the enemy mage, and we get our first stat booster! Might be good for Eirika, but I'm gonna hold on to it for now to see how people grow.

gvG8tKc.png1txufL1.png

Everyone starts moving up, and we have Bors tank the mercenary so he at least can do something this chapter.

1txufL1.png

Bors has been pretty on point with these low chance dodges.

joAAZ0z.png8miKpHI.pnguXXOSL6.png

Sothe nabs an anti-toxin from him as the others miss. I figure I'll just wait and try to get one of those two the kill next turn.

zAcY1IQ.png

Sothe foils my plans and crits him...

So, remember what the bosses inventory was?

DBBTCE4.png 

I think we all know what this means.

9PvGbc1.png

Time for some minor boss abuse!

DIVkGeu.pngePMDsCn.png

Sothe also gets a level from the stealing. I'm really happy with how he's turning out so far. I think he has my second highest defense at this point. He's then rescued to go for the treasure back near the start.

ig7pa2i.pngPZujGGo.png

Raigh gets the exact same first level Lugh got. Twins!

hUY27yc.pngS4LBrJ1.png

Wolt of course misses, and Lugh can at least double the guy.

4hJqdPs.pngyUNiwVn.pngszLbxTp.png5ijX5Yv.png 

Just to show what everyone else looks like against him. He could one-shot Eirika...

Y2o03WF.pngHHF0Wqo.pngIaKYDI3.png

We repeat this process a few times. Don't think I've mentioned it, but I like this game's extra xp gain. You get around 20 per attack on a same level enemy.

B29V1M2.pngEqhYvvb.png

Wolt's levels are okay. He still has a chance to shape up into something here.

1OxUz5k.png 

Atta boy! He can now wield Fire without AS loss!

Wxcz5nD.png 

Over on the other side we get a monster killing sword!

JbuBLE9.pngmNjaI29.png

Wolt misses again and Raigh gets the kill.

UeMy6p0.png

Solid enough, especially with defense.

KUmKfaY.png

We seize!

x4EjIVA.pngSiE3rLN.pngcGAW5O4.png

Lugh and Raigh chat after the battle. Outta curiosity I took this to google translate, and it's very similar to their B support in 6, with Lugh mentioning Raigh leaving and asking if he was in the way. Raigh denies and says he was going to pick Lugh up again. Lugh's glad he hasn't changed and say something about going together, and when he leaves Raigh says something about the bracelet. Google translate's not really good but it provides an idea at least.

0VZWbBE.pngwq2r12S.png

Eirika and Sothe chat again, and we cut over to Grado Keep.

vTpeF9I.pngSnMEovT.pngJAgXB64.pngpTcezFC.png 

Nothing different here I imagine as it's just Vigarde introducing the new generals.

GXjZHNW.png

And we're off to chapter 4 next time. Monsters, fog, our first prepromote, and a really scary boss! Also, figure I may as well start a reset count, and see who ends up making me reset the most. So far, it's Lance causing two resets on chapter 1.

Thanks for reading thus far!

Reset Count: 2

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The character formerly known as Fury.

50 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

We repeat this process a few times. Don't think I've mentioned it, but I like this game's extra xp gain. You get around 20 per attack on a same level enemy.

That's pretty crazy. How difficult is Midori in general? I assume it's a bit high on stats in late game if this is something that happens.

51 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

Dammit Lance don't keep this up.

1 hour ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Heh, sorry! Like I've said, these chapters are short and being on vacation means I can actually knock some of em out quickly. Like with this update!

On the contrary, I like it. Do update away as long as you can.

42 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

You know I kinda wish he was in too. At least the archers we do get are green enough.

But surely not as green as Tomas. He's so green, even when he's a prepromote, he's a growth unit.

Reminds me I've seen some people head-canon/theorize that her injury from Zephiel is why her stats are so bad.

That's my headcanon, too, but it doesn't really help that her stats in chapter 13 still stink before Zephiel whacks her.

I need to see that. I looked at the hack briefly and bookmarked it to play at some point. Looks fun!

Go right on! It's great. The current release is... obviously still not the final one, but as far as the gameplay goes, it's complete.

Maybe if I didn't actually get Elincia later on.

Ah, rats. Maybe make Tomas the new Lord?

You know, I'm really...really tempted to try to hack in a green haired Lot in his place. Would just have to get a blinking version of his portrait and recolor from there.

I got you covered.

l6V3Vbq.png

Here. As well as the blinking, I also slightly edited his smiling frames. Hope this suffices, if you do decide to put him in.

Ugh, ugh I say. At you :P:.

Mission accomplished.

At least I'm not iron manning. This time...

Too bad...

47 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

f5etmzY.png

Of note, that's what Slim Swords look like in this game.

3 might. That's all I see.

47 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

rV7XcZU.png

So cropping maps together is more annoying than it looks, and I'm scared of when they start getting really big.

I feel you, man. If you leave a white hole in the middle, here's my advice: think of something funny to put in there.

49 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

For the short of why he’s my favorite, first off he's Nino's son (my favorite when I played 7 as a kid), a mage, I like his character/relations/etc., and in my very first playthrough of 6 (on an imported cartridge) he and Raigh were both absurdly RNG blessed. Probably helps I was close to their age when I first played the game too.

Sounds similar to my story, except Raigh was the one to actually win me over more than Lugh. Still one of my favourite characters in the series, although he's not alone there. I couldn't possibly choose between him and, say, Frost.

50 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Summoner gives him a lot of utility, though I've never actually made him one cause I just like Druids. Maybe this playthrough.

I love Summoner Knoll. I bet I'd like Summoner Raigh even better.

51 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

flFUq5G.pnggYJkHdn.png

He starts to kill the mercenary, who can't counter him and won't move. Smart man.

Wait... NPCs are orange? C'mon, why didn't they make them blue? You disappoint me once more, GreenFE. A few more of these and I'll be forced to start calling you CastorFE.

52 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

DFTQflG.png90zqT8H.png

Figured I could show the tome's stats. They're generally the weight of FE6 tomes. Remember, AS in this game doesn't factor Con for weapon weight, but strength. So Lugh's losing 1AS atm while wielding Fire thanks to his 1 strength.

That doesn't make any sense, the tome's got a weight of 1. Either he has 0 strength and I just didn't notice or something's wrong with that sentence.

54 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

AYXxkTj.pngUKEvasc.pngtr2g5Fu.png

Lugh recruits his brother!

Whoa, FE6 blinking frames.

54 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

B29V1M2.pngEqhYvvb.png

Wolt's levels are okay. He still has a chance to shape up into something here.

1OxUz5k.png 

Atta boy! He can now wield Fire without AS loss!

Very trainee stats right there, Wolt. Also, Lugh did have 1 strength, so... how, exactly, was he losing AS from Fire? Am I missing something?

55 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

mNjaI29.png

Wolt misses again and Raigh gets the kill.

If you employ some imagination, that death quote looks like he's blowing air with his eyes closed. See, the lower lines are the cheeks full of air, and the upper ones are eyes. I don't know. Just a random thought on this death quote from the guy that didn't even get a unique sprite.

57 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

UeMy6p0.png

Solid enough, especially with defense.

Make me proud, Raigh. Don't let crits take you again.

58 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

x4EjIVA.pngSiE3rLN.pngcGAW5O4.png

Lugh and Raigh chat after the battle. Outta curiosity I took this to google translate, and it's very similar to their B support in 6, with Lugh mentioning Raigh leaving and asking if he was in the way. Raigh denies and says he was going to pick Lugh up again. Lugh's glad he hasn't changed and say something about going together, and when he leaves Raigh says something about the bracelet. Google translate's not really good but it provides an idea at least.

Soooo basically they just copypasted their support and turned it into a recruitment conversation, then added in some line about the bracelet he stole for no particular reason. Joy.

58 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

GXjZHNW.png

And we're off to chapter 4 next time. Monsters, fog, our first prepromote, and a really scary boss! Also, figure I may as well start a reset count, and see who ends up making me reset the most. So far, it's Lance causing two resets on chapter 1.

Thanks for reading thus far!

Ergh... what's with the random font change?

Well, in any case. I look forward to seeing the next replacements. Maybe we'll get, I don't know, Matthew and Serra instead of Lute and Arthur. I know, neither of them is green, but at this point, I expect anything.

Good update, I liked it.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

... how, exactly, was he losing AS from Fire? Am I missing something?

Figured I could answer this real quick. This game's AS formula is as follows.

OyFdG1k.png

It's similar to Por's, but with Str/2 instead of just Str. So for level 1 Lugh who has 9 speed, it'd be 9 - (1 - (1/2)), which leaves him at 8. I guess they round the fraction down, or it rounds the ending 0.5 up. In retrospect, I guess that can be kinda dumb, but now you know!

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ergh... what's with the random font change?

I...have no idea what I did to make that. And now Serenes isn't letting me edit it, I'll try again later. Thanks for pointing that out though!

I'll get to the rest when I do the next chapter!

On 8/4/2018 at 5:14 PM, Shiinoobi said:

Do you need to buy a lot of weapons because of enemy counts? If yes, the amount of money and inventory management needed will be scary.

Yes and no. Everything has greater durability than they typically do in the GBA games which helps a lot. Good use of stealing can also help remedy this, as you can get a good amount of weapons out of it. Tomes and Staves are sometimes a bit scarce and are more expensive than most weapons as well, so you definitely wanna steal as many staves as you can. Especially if you're like me and will heal 1HP injuries for XP.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:32 PM, Dayni said:

The character formerly known as Fury.

That's pretty crazy. How difficult is Midori in general? I assume it's a bit high on stats in late game if this is something that happens.

It's pretty difficult, but so far has never felt impossible, though I haven't beaten HM yet (paused my mid progress run to start this one actually). Quite a few chapters also have a lot of high risk, high reward type scenarios like in some games. Like if you want to rush thieves that are escaping with treasure, killing bosses on defense maps for good items, or defending all the civilians in chapter 17 (the one with Syrene) from masses of reinforcements.

Max level both promoted and unpromoted is 30, and stat caps are between 30-40 instead of 20-30 like typical.

Dammit Lance don't keep this up.

Hopefully I won't have to reset too much until some later chapters. Or just freakin chapter 8...I'm terrified to do that one again.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:45 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

On the contrary, I like it. Do update away as long as you can.

I'll try my best!

But surely not as green as Tomas. He's so green, even when he's a prepromote, he's a growth unit.

I need to play FE12 one of these days too.

That's my headcanon, too, but it doesn't really help that her stats in chapter 13 still stink before Zephiel whacks her.

Maybe they just didn't wanna give her two sets of stats?

Go right on! It's great. The current release is... obviously still not the final one, but as far as the gameplay goes, it's complete.

Might wait it to be finalized, but I'm also okay with just trying the gameplay. I'll see if I can get to it eventually.

Ah, rats. Maybe make Tomas the new Lord?

Eh, Eirika's earning her place, and I have a tiny idea for later.

I got you covered.

Wow, thanks for this!

Mission accomplished.

Still waiting on that last update to probably depress me more!

I feel you, man. If you leave a white hole in the middle, here's my advice: think of something funny to put in there.

I've got an idea or two maybe...

Sounds similar to my story, except Raigh was the one to actually win me over more than Lugh. Still one of my favourite characters in the series, although he's not alone there. I couldn't possibly choose between him and, say, Frost.

Sweet! Seeing as Raigh's still up there among my favorites, you've got good character taste.

I love Summoner Knoll. I bet I'd like Summoner Raigh even better.

I'll have to give it a try, though I need to fix his palette first. For some reason its hair is mostly blue.

Wait... NPCs are orange? C'mon, why didn't they make them blue? You disappoint me once more, GreenFE. A few more of these and I'll be forced to start calling you CastorFE.

I actually kind of like the orange for being different, though it can be kinda close to the enemy red.

Whoa, FE6 blinking frames.

Minor, but I appreciated this when I first played this hack.

If you employ some imagination, that death quote looks like he's blowing air with his eyes closed. See, the lower lines are the cheeks full of air, and the upper ones are eyes. I don't know. Just a random thought on this death quote from the guy that didn't even get a unique sprite.

Not even a funny description either!

Make me proud, Raigh. Don't let crits take you again.

He's doing really well so far!

Soooo basically they just copypasted their support and turned it into a recruitment conversation, then added in some line about the bracelet he stole for no particular reason. Joy.

Does make me sorta wanna write my own stuff for some of this, but text editing doesn't work as well with the editor I'm using on this game as it does on a vanilla FE6/7/8. Also it'd be a sort of massive undertaking and I'm still getting used to this.

Well, in any case. I look forward to seeing the next replacements. Maybe we'll get, I don't know, Matthew and Serra instead of Lute and Arthur. I know, neither of them is green, but at this point, I expect anything.

Good update, I liked it.

Thanks! I feel like for the most part the game's decent with the green characters, but there's still some notable exceptions down the road. I do remember hearing there's something different with Japan and blue-green distinction, but I'm not sure of the details.

Alrighty, onto Chapter 4. Which is admittedly a bit of a slog through enemies.

Spoiler

goooYIl.png

And so we move on into the woods, where I'm sure those zombie looking figures are just friends.

uHnbMaC.pngxI7TdwV.pngxRbn4im.png

Oh no, monsters! Who woulda thought?

owg4uy9.png

Over in this village waaay over here we have...

wCnfSrV.png 

Elincia and Nephenee!

v53wfeW.pngEtGAXN1.pngEtGAXN1.png

Elincia flies over, abandoning poor Nephenee in the village.

CAttYLR.pngSkPDN27.png

Sothe butts in as always, as a floating eyeball attacks Elincia.

TZpOBcD.pngSPoZn1A.png

She cheats and attacks twice in a row in a scripted battle, and we go to deployment.

vtbIw0P.pngmWyyXDQ.pngBJAmZA4.png

Snag'd version of more characters' portraits.

9DFTL3E.png

As I go and do some hacking you may notice we've got a...new party member?

VjcGlhO.pngfvMbvYa.png

I couldn't resist after you made that portrait Ruben, thanks again! I apologize to all Orsin fans. Maybe he'll come back for revenge!

CBciSJ9.png

The in-house armory prices are ridiculous, you wanna avoid buying from there as much as possible. I do pick up an extra Fire for Lugh cause I'm not 100% sure his will last through this chapter.

For this chapter, I end up having Rebecca and Vanessa sit out, though I do wanna get them levels later...

CFNTSaE.png

Elincia points out the village she abandoned Nephenee in. Good thing the monsters don't actually attack it. So, let's take a look at our uh...Jeigan?

7ze4YHH.pngYDQhVgP.pngL8EJ1gQ.pngGXhfN5q.png

Growths: HP 60%, Str 65%, Mag 40%, Skl 50%, Spd 70%, Luck 60%, Def 20%

Supports: Nephenee, Heath, Lugh

For a level 1 Falco, her bases are really nothing impressive, especially the 9 strength. However, her growths are amazing, she comes with A staves and B swords, and frankly she's pretty indispensable early on. Her growths let her keep up later game too, and she also eventually gets Amiti, though any Falco and Sothe can use it.

u7kgSNY.png

In addition, she's our first unit with leadership stars, and two of em to boot! The way they work is that every star boosts our team's accuracy and evasion by 3%. For enemies, this boost is 5% per star. In addition, stars from different characters stack, so later on when enemies have a lot you'll want some on your side too.

Stars are static, so you either have them or you don't. The one exception is Cecilia, who gains some at a fixed rate as she levels.

nOPIQo2.pnghpfHT3U.png 

Gotta be sure to watch out for this slim lance guy, thankfully he doesn't move.

That does remind me though, one of the QoL changes with this version of the translation patch increases sight in fog. In the original version, everyone except Sothe can only see one square. That seems just far too annoying, so I'm okay with this change.

Another small note I like, the hack actually seems to have music from all 3 GBA games, as well as what I’m assuming is music from FE4/5 since I don’t recognize it.

MBnqiZN.pngBJei9qO.png9m1ECa1.pngJmUhcr8.png

We start some zombie combat, and I realize I haven't changed Lotsin's palette yet. Let's fix that.

rXVNX5e.pngENIQofd.pngYhpqXDc.png

Sothe's vision reveals more friends, who start coming over on enemy phase.

aANpbtK.pngjoKPlEg.png

Lance weakens this one while taking a hit.

mhuZ6YZ.png6cjWJHp.png

...I'm really happy with Eirika so far.

1JFwhqJ.png 

Can also see there's the flying Mogall's out there too.

uMiylCY.pngbD43qob.png7w95XJP.png

That's nice and all Lance, but you'll need more strength eventually.

27iRtRV.pngNg1XWqt.pngWwZQCWk.png

Lotsin's new palette! Wolt's almost out of Fletchling levels too.

up7MuM3.pngmo42db0.png

These two take care of the nearby sword skelly, and back to enemy phase.

9WVVxKN.pngE0jCjdF.pngGbjeN6J.png

Bors is doing really well! Making a strong case for continued use.

mT2djCD.png5q40NtT.png

Lots of combat this chapter, as it's kind of a slow trudge through the forest.

CNo682r.png

And who do we have down here?

jVdQfW9.pngjFk7tis.png

L'Arachel and Dozla! But Rennac isn't a Sage and doesn't have green hair...

nidlAzx.png

It's...Aion? He's that one FE7 boss on the first chapter Kishuna shows up for anyone who doesn't remember. Those three run off to find a way down or something.

WwhmWsT.pngdUmHPjs.png

Thanks to the speed, Bors can now double some of these guys!

PvtYZlp.pnge1eprW3.pngM2CT9Q3.png 

Lance crits again to one round that guy.

JDPRFta.pngIW8LCZo.png

Lotsin gets a great first level, clearly better than Orsin would have done.

LEAcUga.pngLEAcUga.pnggAtXtGr.png

Elincia and Raigh finish off the eyeball.

Vpq68Kn.png

Raigh's turning out quite nicely so far. Keep it up!

DOiumW0.pngX23H3Pj.png

Wolt finally hits D bows as these two burn a zombie.

8NL3ONF.pngX0suNSg.png

I should probably stop using Sothe's steel sword if I don't need to.

Azn6fQR.pngnmAILBp.pngus1UwtD.png

These guys are no match for Bors, his chin does not fear the undead!

ftZSUio.pnggfUpMXZ.pngeZ4Q2X9.png

Finally start taking some damage, mostly Lance though. He is the only one to die so far...

a4hSboe.pngIooesUp.pnglq9uFPp.png

One more trainee level to go! At least he's a little more durable now.

cM1SCop.png1324dXs.png

I'll take the magic, but please get some HP Lugh.

WLJ7UyB.pngVdX4w4z.png 

Get my first support, between Eirika and Sothe. No conversations, but I'll take the bonuses.

U3eIlCO.pngsST1X1c.pngDYVDb5L.png 

More speed and skill are nice, but please Lance, strength!

CrmUxYE.pngwxomenj.pngCJBGU2e.png

Starting to thin the horde a little...

tb90hao.png84TeJxz.png

Bors, you're making me quite happy here.

GeAFvT5.png0R8Ta9s.pngN0uPCP0.png4KJQzVr.png

Lugh gets to D, Pursuit's definitely helping that.

CEUJIO7.pngigFQBqx.png 

Not the best, but I can't complain too much about Sothe so far.

lHqAOBL.png 

Finally starting to clear this area a bit.

VvpsPQo.pngfndT44z.pngZVuq7Av.png

Wolt ends his trainee-hood with an excellent level! He's still got hope! I'll probably take him the Archer -> Ranger route.

h55A5VL.pngWZFixcx.pnggwoplqw.png

More defense? Very nice.

hduN5Vp.pngdJirITB.png 

Man some of these guys have a lot of defense...

zXDDEgj.pngpaIbgv1.png

Lugh, I'm happy you wanna get a lot of magic, but remember HP exists...

CFKUJRQ.pngJB0oVya.pngGKOzwQL.pngzmeuTRJ.png

Lotsin's continuing to do amazing. Clearly out to prove his superiority.

1ZICJTQ.png1xRjSLp.png7gVFNQV.png

More thinning out.

LhRR6K8.pngFGEBXdt.pnge3RXhLW.png

Torch is nice, but I don't really need it the way this chapter's going.

5UXFOwh.pngddajrIE.pngHJG5kaj.png

Maybe Lance and Lugh should exchange level types.

vCTDbVT.png4qsuxAT.pngkP037p3.png

Mooooore zombies, and another Mogall.

O8nsa62.pngHrZE7Cb.pngvB7h9Y3.pnggzvmCR8.png

Nobody seems to actually aim for the eye of the Mogall, always around it.

x3VGhp3.pngmEceECf.png

Well it had to end somewhere, but as far as single stat levels go I like speed.

UKwOShz.pngyTmVZbW.pngtUJuk2R.png01xVFCC.png

Will they ever end? At least it's good xp.

6zQKpxZ.pngmlKxdre.pngnW0uxfL.png 

She finally doesn't get strength, but she's done well enough for now.

0eDxtjQ.pngwsDgZz7.pngnv30rfJ.pngQudn3eY.png

Almost to the boss now, and he's gonna be fun.

NrxeBCQ.pngJnChxR5.pngRUBzUlV.pnghGWS2Jm.png

And we can finally move on!

5hhHIYz.png

Lugh, do you want to get one-shot later?

Z7yLFad.png 

Hey look, we've finally reached the boss!

Sgl7jy4.pngGmjn8pv.png

And...his stats are freaking insane. On NM he's pretty standard, but my first time through here on HM I was kind of shocked. He one shots Eirika, Wolt, Lugh and Raigh, and would have one rounded Bors had he not gotten those speed levels.

Tcit4xX.pngNQbZhVO.png6mGj0hE.png 

Let's get the skeletons out of the way first.

FnToa4S.png

Raigh, can you please help your brother bulk up a little?

uTBs6A6.pngxIpnQ7N.pngMWW4uos.png

You're still fine Lotsin, and you need some luck anyways.

sEyWN8p.png7rzjoZY.pngAQjHPR2.png

Well, Bors will be able to take a few magic hits too, which is a nice surprise for a Knight.

TrZTlFW.pngdBwuMy5.pngbXNUK7x.png

We lure the boss out, as Bors won't get doubled if he has the slim lance equipped.

8pk0iZT.pngT6TSzaz.png 

Elincia can heal him and canto away. Falcoknights have no healing animation, but I'm fine with that. Bors moves further down so that the others can hit from range.

W0T5D1k.pngMYORTCw.pngYc2vvko.png 

This process is gonna get repeated for a few turns.

ivc6TIM.png

Elincia gets a nice first level from healing in the middle of this.

oznj9AB.pngFA1hlA6.pnguuXHw5p.png

...Lugh, I get it. The core stats are important and I'm happy you're getting them, especially magic! But it's been 7 levels and no HP. I'd almost be happy with an HP only level at this point. Almost.

nBbGBwV.pnghIOuNdc.pngbWBXQGy.png

Bors has been dodging a lot here actually, and gets a solid level for his troubles.

hyAFW6H.pngE9a0JwW.png

Meanwhile, Raigh finishes him after a couple more turns. That defense is making me really happy.

BA4jYR3.png1Pq2NC2.png

Now we've got a few more scattered enemies and the village, while Bors and Lance support.

kc8ozkR.png 

Forgot that description earlier. Evil Eye doesn't have one unfortunately.

r9nZgJ4.pnghrWxaOd.png

Sothe lures him out, and we visit for Nephenee!

7TOuawq.pngovUA3Td.png 

Growths: HP 60%, Str 35%, Mag 20%, Skl 60%, Spd 55%, Luck 25%, Def 30%

Supports: Elincia, Danved, Rebecca, Sain

Nephenee's our lance trainee! She's got better bases than Wolt did for sure. Her growths are fairly solid, though strength can be iffy. Her promotion options are Knight, Soldier, or Super Recruit. Soldier gives her the choice between General, or Halberdier. Outside of it being fitting, Halberdier helps with her offense a lot and it's cool seeing it in a GBA game. Great Knight and General can get her more weapon types and a horse though. Of note, Generals get all four physical weapons in this game.

I forgot to cap it, but her skill is Wrath, so 50%+ crit when under half HP. Same as Ors...I mean Lotsin.

Around here is where I accidentally restarted the chapter when I had meant to resume for a better shot of something. I had a nearby save state, but I lost a really good Nephenee level in the process.

rSwv7qj.png

She still gets a decent first one.

etUVVzn.png2076GKa.png 

Elincia kills an eye as Lugh and Raigh support.

Eh2VFv3.png4M0IlgM.pngQD9KTJK.pngsTO8hoj.png

Shaping up decently so far.

NvpXz0t.pngJstqBL9.pngH3Fxfys.png

And she finishes off the last couple zombies to end the level, getting fairly solid gains throughout.

OrKLb69.pngQbXGXyN.png

These four have a short chat, L'Arachel comes far too late and doesn't join us, and we're at chapter end now! Next time we're back to human enemies, two more new recruits, and bolting!

As usual, thanks for reading and replying! Apologies if this chapter was a bit on the boring end of combat.

11 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Sweet! Seeing as Raigh's still up there among my favorites, you've got good character taste.

Hey, thanks.

Does make me sorta wanna write my own stuff for some of this, but text editing doesn't work as well with the editor I'm using on this game as it does on a vanilla FE6/7/8. Also it'd be a sort of massive undertaking and I'm still getting used to this.

For me, it started with just a throwaway joke about characters retreating after getting killed. Then I started making lame little intros. Then I wrote a plot.

I also said this at the beginning. Oh, to go back to being a naïve guy who just wanted to make a LP... things were simpler those days. I wasn't a college dropout yet.

Thanks! I feel like for the most part the game's decent with the green characters, but there's still some notable exceptions down the road. I do remember hearing there's something different with Japan and blue-green distinction, but I'm not sure of the details.

Blue-green I can sort of wrap my head around if I try hard enough, but... Orsin's hair is pitch black, for crying out loud! Headbands aren't hair!

wCnfSrV.png 

Elincia and Nephenee!

Why is Nephenee's sprite so much better than Elincia's? Are these japanese hackers trying to tell us something?

VjcGlhO.pngfvMbvYa.png

I couldn't resist after you made that portrait Ruben, thanks again! I apologize to all Orsin fans. Maybe he'll come back for revenge!

Well, hello there, my man. Ready to become the MPV of yet another LP in this forum?

Also, can I just say the description made my day? 'Cause it made my day. He better get the Pugi or I'm reporting this thread.

Stars are static, so you either have them or you don't. The one exception is Cecilia, who gains some at a fixed rate as she levels.

Now I'm curious. Do use her.

mhuZ6YZ.png6cjWJHp.png

...I'm really happy with Eirika so far.

She's about to have more strength than skill. Who are you and what have you done to Eirika? Whatever the answers are, keep it up.

27iRtRV.pngNg1XWqt.pngWwZQCWk.png

Lotsin's new palette! Wolt's almost out of Fletchling levels too.

Wolt's doing good. That's cool. Show them what you're made of, Wolt.

GbjeN6J.png

Bors is doing really well! Making a strong case for continued use.

There is noching like a knight getting speed. Sadly, though, his movement continues to chine by its absence.

jVdQfW9.pngjFk7tis.png

L'Arachel and Dozla! But Rennac isn't a Sage and doesn't have green hair...

nidlAzx.png

It's...Aion?

So... hold on. They've got Merric, one of the most iconic mages in the series who also just so happens to have green hair, and they go and add this completely unmemorable buffoon over him? Okay, you do you, authors, I guess...

IW8LCZo.pngzmeuTRJ.png

Amazing. Those are the sort of levels I'm used to when it comes to Lot.

mEceECf.pngMWW4uos.png

These ones... not so much. You're still the best, Lot.

E9a0JwW.png

Meanwhile, Raigh finishes him after a couple more turns. That defense is making me really happy.

He's already better than he is at base in FE6, while being 4 levels lower than his base FE6 level. That makes me very happy.

7TOuawq.pngovUA3Td.png

Nephenee's our lance trainee! She's got better bases than Wolt did for sure.

No kidding, that's preposterously unbalanced! Level 1 trainee with bases befitting of a level 5 tier 1 unit? Why not!? All for everyone's favourite soldier waifu!

NvpXz0t.pngJstqBL9.pngH3Fxfys.png

And she finishes off the last couple zombies to end the level, getting fairly solid gains throughout.

Not to mention the fact that her growths are too good, too.

OrKLb69.pngQbXGXyN.png

These four have a short chat, L'Arachel comes far too late and doesn't join us, and we're at chapter end now! Next time we're back to human enemies, two more new recruits, and bolting!

I just love how much Eirika stands out in these cutscenes.

Now, I'm going to make a baseless prediction and bet that the next unit we'll get is... Guy! Let's see how wrong I am.

On 8/6/2018 at 2:08 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I also said this at the beginning. Oh, to go back to being a naïve guy who just wanted to make a LP... things were simpler those days. I wasn't a college dropout yet.

Yeah we'll see where I get to once this one's finished. I'm pretty sure I'm already planning out what I wanna do next...

Why is Nephenee's sprite so much better than Elincia's? Are these japanese hackers trying to tell us something?

I feel like I read something about how Japanese hacks tend to take sprites from a lot of places, potentially even without credit or anything. I could be wrong though.

Well, hello there, my man. Ready to become the MPV of yet another LP in this forum?

Also, can I just say the description made my day? 'Cause it made my day. He better get the Pugi or I'm reporting this thread.

That makes me super happy to hear that, as I'm kinda proud of that!

Now I'm curious. Do use her.

Will do. Probably a good idea on this mode anyways.

She's about to have more strength than skill. Who are you and what have you done to Eirika? Whatever the answers are, keep it up.

Clearly this is Erina, the mercenary, not sure who this Eirika person is but she doesn't sound very important.

Wolt's doing good. That's cool. Show them what you're made of, Wolt.

I'm really hoping he keeps up, I'd like to get good use out of him.

There is noching like a knight getting speed. Sadly, though, his movement continues to chine by its absence.

.........Speaking of movement, just wait till we get Arden...

So... hold on. They've got Merric, one of the most iconic mages in the series who also just so happens to have green hair, and they go and add this completely unmemorable buffoon over him? Okay, you do you, authors, I guess...

Again, the lack of some FE1/3 units is weird. At the very least I guess Aion makes a little more sense as the morally questionable one of L'Arachel's party. There's one uh...fun...thing involving him later too in his recruitment chapter.

Amazing. Those are the sort of levels I'm used to when it comes to Lot.

These ones... not so much. You're still the best, Lot.

I really want him to keep up too!

He's already better than he is at base in FE6, while being 4 levels lower than his base FE6 level. That makes me very happy.

Me too. Now he just needs to teach Lugh how to get some of that defense or HP, so that he can take care of himself in case, you know, they get separated, or go on different routes, or something. Not like the game would ever split your team or anything.

No kidding, that's preposterously unbalanced! Level 1 trainee with bases befitting of a level 5 tier 1 unit? Why not!? All for everyone's favourite soldier waifu!

Not to mention the fact that her growths are too good, too.

Yeah...good growths...

Now, I'm going to make a baseless prediction and bet that the next unit we'll get is... Guy! Let's see how wrong I am.

Uh...about that...

On 8/6/2018 at 4:55 PM, Shiinoobi said:

hope that wasn't to hard.

That one wasn't too bad, more just long. Most of the enemies weren't too threatening until the boss as long as I was careful.

On to Chapter 5 now!

Spoiler

XZf7z6x.png

Something something monsters all about the land now. Except monster skirmishes don't actually appear in this hack, though you can still use the tower/ruins.

qGuDBSB.pngQ6dRDGa.png

We move on to another town, with a spooky scary enemy knight!

Jx5gKW4.pngzsG57t4.png

Guess what Ruben, you were right!

lEAhXfS.png

Instead of Natasha however, we get Safy.

13XTvw0.pngc9v4WhT.png

Glen talks to his knight subordinate who looks very memorable. I'm sure they have a trusted relationship and Glen will be heartbroken when we beat him.

57Aiuxg.pngDlhyIis.png

It's uh...Saleh? I can't remember if he showed up here in SS or if the hack is just being weird again.

p5T7ncF.pngR5gEI30.png

Uh oh, she's surrounded!

R5gEI30.pngpARd1hx.png

Good thing these guys can't move after teleporting into place, or else she might have been caught!

cmnQ2dZ.pngNN7YnNB.pngxvn2TxV.png

And we're about to get our first...sort of promotion! Unfortunately there's no difference between the two Archers. Fletcher gets us more magic on promotion and can lead to Super Fletcher, which just has different caps than Sniper, notably higher magic.

I decide to make him go Archer though, since it isn't that worth it for the magic cap for only the Bownerary's 3 MT.

72f4yb1.png 

His stats are looking at least decent now, so let's look at Safy.

qo1G20T.pngpDt6tkL.pngJ6CKuvv.png

Growths: HP 35% (ouch), Str 50%, Mag 60%, Skl 45%, Spd 40%, Luck 20%, Def 15%

Supports: Guy, Lugh, Sain

Our first unpromoted healer! Safy's growths are kinda mixed. She's really, really frail, especially if her speed gets screwed. She'll become a magic powerhouse though, and her strength will be really good too, which can help either with swords or wielding tomes. Valkyrie gets her Light, Swords and a horse, whereas Bishop gets her Light, the Slayer skill, and...Dark magic! Yeah...Bishops can use Dark in this game. Given all the evil Bishop bosses we see in the series, I'm kind of okay with that.

Starting C Staves is also really nice, and obvious healer utility keeps her useful for a while. If she promotes early she can also give you another magic attacker, since those can be quite scarce for a while.

jX1Ku1R.png

Numerous villages here, though most are actually covered by enemies, which does protect them from bandits.

mSaAxmO.pngw8HCCTa.png

Saar's another boring boss, and isn't much of a challenge, especially with that 0 AS thanks to his Javelin. He does have three leadership stars though, so a 15 boost to all enemy hit/avo rates. Next to him though...

0t8YS3y.png

It's Chapter 5 and we already have a Bolting mage, and it has 10 uses in this game! I actually kind of like that though. It makes it very obnoxious on enemies, but when you get it yourself it actually feels like you can USE it.

RaKMSoh.png 

Inventory wise, Raigh's running low on Flux so I need to get one from the shop here. There's nothing to steal this chapter so I have Sothe sit out, and I wanna get Nephenee promoted so I sit Lance out as well.

V0s5XbY.pngypJTGDQ.png

Guy emerges on the map, and I'm guessing Safy is talking about him. Let's take a look.

a7A0XZ0.pngqlgJzca.png

j6eOO8w.pngTdWI3uX.pngXM2vspq.png 

Growths: HP 70%, Str 30%, Mag 25%, Skl 55%, Spd 60%, Luck 45%, Def 15%

Supports: Safy, Rath, Gerik

I feel like the developer really liked Guy, looking at that skill set. Stat wise he's what you'd expect from your early Myrmidon. Great skill and speed, lowish strength and defense. Both Pursuit and Adept mean he'll get a LOT of attacks on pretty much everyone, and Vantage is always good. Oddly enough, he only has one promotion option (Swordmaster), maybe they only wanted Sothe to have Assassin.

I've never actually used Guy in this game, and I'm not actually sure I have in FE7 either. Maybe once? Not sure I'll use him this playthrough either, as there's a lot of people I'd wanna use more. He would be very helpful though...

zbgvCzC.pngg0LfeKq.png

Elincia is gonna dash for the top left village while everyone else inches forward.

ORq6UtQ.png2udAQmC.png

Bandit reinforcements literally right next to me are fun! Good thing they're not same-turn like from Chapter 2.

oSUBffb.png

Bolting range goes up to here. I'll have Elincia draw him out and kill him after visiting the village.

QWxkuiK.png

Hey, this guy has a portrait!

KWUrp8P.png 

Lugh, this is why you need HP...

KOisFBd.png5jyXfZR.png

Lotsin crits for D axes!

klhmoh5.pngUPSIzrh.png9faUCMA.png

I try to get Wolt or Nephenee the kill to no avail.

zvxOCXj.pngIK7ymiH.png

Eirika has to finish him and Safy starts doing her job.

Mj5YO36.pngHMju1KA.pngh3zhNio.png

In the top left village we see...Nino! Who talks to herself before leaving and dropping an Aircalibur. She'll be joining us a bit down the road. Also, there's no special conversation or anything if Lugh or Raigh visit the village :(:

wt8A1ld.pngfQAfNjP.pnggbCguFX.pngxw0hYx1.png

Lugh misses the archer, and even with healing, will probably die if left there next turn, so I rescue him away. I leave Raigh out to hopefully hurt the approaching Archer.

gphpCdz.pngeg3EinB.png

More healing, and the Fighter moves first and blocks the Archer from attacking...

Udm874u.pngYHCxw9B.pngQyTTDNl.png

I should have given her the Slim Lance. Bolting Mage lives another turn.

7LGdjfy.pnggjywipS.png

Eirika's level is meh, her skill wants to stay ahead of her strength.

6JXZYVY.pngtq8xj2t.pngVqnU9EJ.png

...Phew. That's a good start Lugh, now please get more.

xhDxTrJ.pngmmCoePg.pngrXmp8b4.png

We have to rescue Eirika to ensure her safety, so Lotsin starts tanking.

rXmp8b4.pngXziRo0L.png7n9U45i.pngWVLw6cI.png

Enemy phase.

N9VfZKQ.pngrgml4N6.png

Elincia takes the Mage out and gets out of there.

IC7tyz9.png 

Despite his frailty, Lugh definitely has the best offense on the team so far, especially with Pursuit.

dKFQITf.pngHibngPA.pngmGKmQFe.png

Wolt procs his first Cancel! It does nothing but he gets the kill anyway.

bpZRNad.pngTreAwqi.png7iMLC4E.png

Lotsin seems stuck on two stat levels unfortunately.

HafGHD5.png 

More Brigands spawn. Fortunately, they don't seem to go for the southern village, only the ones covered up here.

ED4jZIq.pngfWZDXmn.pngLTOSLjU.pnglLAkHga.png

Meh for Wolt, but great start for Safy!

5v1lAiU.pngWwze70V.pngEJgUsx8.png

I'm going slowly here cause I don't wanna open the villages for the Brigands. Though I'm forgetting one important thing here.

sUyLvVS.pngHObrEai.pngYKpyGHE.pngJsdv6AQ.png

Slowly drawing the southern enemies out, as more Brigands spawn on the left. I had more time for the northern village than I thought.

6YdWy4q.pngcP5haFH.pngYVpC7gg.png 

Raigh and Bors finally get in on the action, Wolt fails to get some XP.

xM1T7rn.pngUE210Qw.png

That'd be nice for the boss, but I doubt I'll actually need it, he kinda sucks.

mlxO0ue.pngPXdFvul.pngHTS2mfl.png

Unlucky, but I'm sure she'll do better soon.

Ua4I0tn.png2m6xD80.png

Lugh picks up a Flux for his brother, and it seems one of the Brigands is gonna go south.

ICRXuNX.pngTMfV9Gi.pngatJpV1y.png

Again, trying to be careful for the villages, but I'm still missing something obvious here.

nb8h8AH.png0MqV5qC.pngrUL9lfq.pngnFE0CGM.png

Elincia crits both the Soldier and Brigand, but doesn't kill either.

YaX0V9B.pngvzlXEcI.pngfDrldgj.png

Fair enough, making her more dodgy.

vklW4xM.pngPflAgAM.pngTFJRuSJ.png

You're doing great Wolt! Not so much for Safy, though she still could beat Lugh in HP at this rate...

ifyHsgp.pngTHlKcgR.pngZ91POXQ.png 

xsYbtma.pngLqVbpmt.png

Also fair, helps his AS a bit. Nice seeing his luck not being awful either.

DBOLiaA.png1ofFXtd.png4bd6tXo.png

All in position to save this village! Going great until...you know...it's not a visitable village anyways. Would have been nice if I noticed that earlier. I'm smart guys!

6MyN4Es.pngnyNzfTM.png6vvazu1.png

C'mon Nephenee, save some of the HP for Lugh now.

gG0UXX9.pngFJ9gCAk.pngOV2Rz05.png

At least Lotsin's stuck on two stat levels instead of one like Nephenee there.

5qPv4rn.pngbQ6MF92.pngWU7OJa0.png

Having a healer that can move after is such a blessing.

ZTdfCke.pngId8Gwes.pngSwZRnNP.png

He's been such a tank this chapter.

eJqFgoQ.pngnsQSQAV.png

It's like she thinks she's in FE6 or something.

2VMEoD9.pngyjf2LH9.png

No Wrath crits for me

oLAYI9t.pngT1L3oV9.png

"I wanna be a glass cannon when I grow up!"

CGMgnHm.png

End here to draw Guy out.

EyMq2vl.pngvSZFgUK.pngxfrrSOU.png

Lotsin crits, and that guy is no match for Bors.

JQPIT8s.png 

This isn't a double blink, they're just closing their eyes. Did Natasha and Joshua do this?

fvU4O8z.pngAn8lnd8.pngGC3wJ7L.png

Is that...five two stat levels in a row? Come now Lotsin I really want you to be good!

ZkC8foV.png

We also see Ninian in a village, who even gets her theme to play during the visit. Like Nino, she also joins us a fair bit later, but for now only gives a Goddess Icon.

ianDsmt.pngx2vL0DK.png0Tx8gCk.png

Whereas Wolt started getting better levels at the end of trainee-hood, Nephenee's mostly got worse.

If anyone has any input on what you want her to be (Soldier, Knight, next tier Recruit) lemme know!

eWNNrO1.pngeydY3ya.pngXeUH99y.png

That's more like it Safy! Also, we have our first movement level up! In short, I believe everyone in the cast has between a 1-5% chance of leveling movement. Arden's the exception, who has a much greater chance.

q9KdcB4.pngrCsenPW.png

Elincia gets us a skill book as we near the end here.

cOWYtSc.png

Nephenee visits the village that looks like a shop, and gets yelled at. Clearly her levels ups aren't impressing anyone.

b9ACkwI.pnglHxJtHj.pngTURqFLL.pngaBFdhb3.png

Lotsin visits instead, and we get...Pugi!

Y2dYlF0.png

Pugi is amazing. Only weighs 5 (compared to a Hand Axe's 20), 1-2 range, powerful, 30 crit, high hit, and...it's E rank. I think I'll keep it on Lotsin mostly though, since it's supposed to be his. Well, Orsin's, but he was kicked out of the green club.

geuX3Ss.pngjHDX1Cv.png

We lure out the boss, who can't really do to much to the superior Bors.

Y3H5Qmc.png0NfQ0F2.pngVrFEWFu.png

We squeeze some XP out of him, and Wolt pulls off a successful Cancel, stopping his counter attack.

hKWt9ID.pngK86LWmk.pnghZI703O.png

Raigh finishes to catch up to his twin's level. Okay one I guess, both strength and magic are welcome.

kigLNR6.pngUVTtgQS.pngqYTyVQA.png

For saving all the villages, we get our first Master Seal! Nobody can use it yet so it goes to storage.

And with that we're at the end here. Next time, we get a look at Ephraim's crew in 5x!

Next update may not be till next week, since I'll be at Otakon most of the weekend. Till then, thanks for reading and replying!

On 8/9/2018 at 4:30 AM, Kruggov said:

Wait, Level 20?

:dry:

Yeah, as mentioned, level cap in the hack is 30, both unpromoted and promoted. Stat caps are raised as well, ranging from 30-40 instead of 20-30.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:39 AM, spiritomb108 said:

Also, I don't think Sothe's growths were shown?

Wow, I did totally forget to put those in. Thanks for pointing that out! I'll go back to add them into the first post if I can, but I'll show em here too.

Sothe Growths: HP 30%, Str 60%, Mag 25%, Skl 80%, Spd 45%, Luck 65%, Def 20%

Once I've got the time I'm hoping 5x won't be too long, though it does have a fair bit of reinforcements...kinda happens a lot in this hack, though maybe not quite to FE6's HM level overall.

nephenee should go soldier -> halberdier imo

great knight is probably a better class overall but having to slog through 19 levels of knight movement to get to it doesn't seem particularly worth it to me

also some of this might be my personal bias against her speaking and I get that the same issue has already been complained about with other characters (with a possible explanation in the fuzzier distinction between blue and green in Japanese) but I'm pretty disappointed in Ninian's inclusion, her hair isn't green, like, at all. it's particularly glaring considering there are dancers in the series who do have clearly green hair (Sylvia and her daughter Lene; and if you want to stretch things a bit, Lewyn's class is Bard, though it functions differently from the Bard class Elphin and Nils have)

come to think of it, Lewyn would even have been a good replacement for Rennac, certainly better than Aion at any rate

Thanks for the patience everyone, and sorry for the delay. Otakon was great though! A quick note, I think I've found the number that refers to everyone's movement growths in the editor, so I can now post those along with all the other growths when characters are introduced. I'm not 100% certain it's right, but pretty darn sure. At the start of next chapter when we're back with Eirika's gang I'll post all of theirs.

On 8/11/2018 at 4:26 PM, Ruminant said:

nephenee should go soldier -> halberdier imo

great knight is probably a better class overall but having to slog through 19 levels of knight movement to get to it doesn't seem particularly worth it to me

That's fair. If I end up using her long term I'll send her down that route, and she'll definitely at least go Soldier.

also some of this might be my personal bias against her speaking and I get that the same issue has already been complained about with other characters (with a possible explanation in the fuzzier distinction between blue and green in Japanese) but I'm pretty disappointed in Ninian's inclusion, her hair isn't green, like, at all. it's particularly glaring considering there are dancers in the series who do have clearly green hair (Sylvia and her daughter Lene; and if you want to stretch things a bit, Lewyn's class is Bard, though it functions differently from the Bard class Elphin and Nils have)

I feel ya. I didn't mind stuff like that as much my first time playing, but with you and the others pointing it out it's sticking out more and more. The blue-green distinction is the reason for a lot of them, but Ninian's a stretch either way, Nils at least has more tealish hair than her. There's just some bizarre choices like her, Fiora, Thea/Tate, Asvel (though his hair is at least green in certain art) and a couple others.

come to think of it, Lewyn would even have been a good replacement for Rennac, certainly better than Aion at any rate

I don't have much experience with the characters having not played FE4 or 5, but all of them are more green than our current dancer/bard, especially the dancers compared to Ninian, so I would have liked them! Aion is also just such a...bizarre choice. I kind of like that he's in as a randomish inclusion, but not at the cost of other people who coulda been a better fit.

Alrighty, let's move on to Chapter 5x then!

Spoiler

602XaiA.png 

Inside the castle, we cut to Valter and...Tirado I think? Having a conversation here, before cutting to the Ephraim crew outside.

jqUOC7w.png

Looks like we got Ephraim of course, along with Alec and Arden!

QIaGKny.pngMFHQ5Zm.png

Kyle gets to stay at his usual spot, and our last newcomer is Ilios!

s44PCaB.pngMTQVVsE.pngmOecqsd.png 

We sneak into the castle, the subordinate of the subordinate rallies his dudes...

XZuyFCj.pngrIiSF1A.png

Ilios gets to talk to himself a bit. Gee, I wonder which one's the Orson stand in?

Rcv1yg5.png

This chapter takes a while, though that's partly cause I play it really slowly. Reinforcements trickle in for a while and I always just chokepoint them with Arden and let the others trade off the Javelin for xp. It's definitely not the most exciting chapter and it's mostly really straightforward, so some parts I might speed through some of the combat. For now, let's look at the squad!

ryYQMWI.pngMVZJ4tM.pngkOKoV4k.pngZJCqlLt.png

Growths: HP 70%, Str 40%, Mag 15%, Skl 40%, Spd 35%, Luck 40%, Def 30%, Mov 1%

Supports: Eirika, Kyle, Tiki, L'Arachel, Cecilia

Oddly enough, Ephraim's growths are kinda...significantly worse than in SS. He does have impressive bases, and although he doesn't get anything fun on promotion like Eirika, he does come with two leadership stars which is always handy. In addition, Resolve is amazing, and makes him much harder to kill and can let him one-shot some enemies pretty easily.

GGFnQUP.pngg0K9OHk.pngvpYkAoT.png 

toOWqGt.pngadIVjs3.png

Growths: HP 70%, Str 35%, Mag 20%, Skl 50%, Spd 40%, Luck 35%, Def 30%, Mov 2%

Supports: Arden, Vanessa, Eirika, Thea/Tate

Adding to our green Cavalier pile is Alec! His growths and stats are really similar to Lance with a little more skill and less strength/speed. He does have a decent set of skills though. Nihil's decent for dealing with some boss skills, though I'm not sure if it works on WK pierce or Sniper's Sure Strike. Pursuit is always good too. I've had really good luck with Alec before, we'll see if it happens again.

79BczHs.pngNDJ57Nn.pngi28Pbi6.png

gHYjIVq.png7Pupaw9.png

Growths: HP 80%, Str 45%, Mag 20%, Skl 35%, Spd 35%, Luck 20%, Def 45%, Mov 2%

Supports: Ephraim, Syrene, Lance, Lowen

Yet another green Cavalier, though at least he's of the strong archetype. Compared to SS he gives up a little in his main growths for a big defense growth boost, making him fairly tanky. Critical is an interesting skill that can get some really good use with a slim lance. Accost however, I have a love/hate relationship with. It can be great, but it can so...so easily get you killed when you aren't expecting it. In my first playthrough, I had to reset once cause Kyle got doubled by bolting at the start of a map thanks to this skill.

It also didn't help that his gains weren't very good in my first playthrough, and even leveling him in the ruins post-game he continued to be massively disappointing. Maybe he can get another shot here.

5jhkdks.pngdloZCXO.pngJYvaoJb.png

Here we have Ilios, who right now is our Orson stand-in. Since this isn't where he permanently joins, I'm not gonna go as in depth with him since his stats (and growths) change when you recruit him later. I do need to remember to steal his stuff at the end though, which in my other HM playthrough I forgot to do...man losing that Bolting sucked...

Anyways, his growths in this chapter are Karel level, so if you do level him it's amazing. Here they are for reference.

Growths: HP 150%, Str 120%, Mag 135%, Skl 165%, Spd 150%, Luck 210%, Def 45%, Mov 0%

LxNPs1N.pngvRUM2nq.pngnBF2yHR.pngxQ0Hf3z.png

Growths: HP 90%, Str 55%, Mag 5%, Skl 20%, Spd 35%, Luck 20%, Def 45%, Mov 20%

Supports: Alec

And lastly we've got Arden! He's got the fun ability to use swords as well as lances! He's the more typical all strength and defense Knight, though his speed growth isn't too bad. He also has the highest move growth in the game at 20%, whereas everyone else but Nils is stuck between 1-5%. So if you're lucky, his movement can just get hilariously good. Vantage is also always nice to have. He and Alec have made a good pair for me before, and this chapter is a great place to feed him levels, so we'll see how he starts going.

BIkzTVZ.pngmLEOhax.png

Nothing really special about Zonta here, he's pretty bad and doesn't even have any leadership like the last boss.

lT27fh2.pngK2Dy4tH.pngPnmpOdM.png

We start our advance, and at the end of enemy phase Soldier reinforcements start that last for a good while.

h274a4n.pngI0SEtPY.pngaeCaJB3.png 

Cavaliers get some xp and I give Ephraim a vulnerary, since Ilios wasn't smart enough to bring a staff.

tb6wNPk.pngQXvUoaA.pngg3g7tHk.pngbtt7vpL.png

I trade off the Javelin a lot this chapter just to get chip xp.

rWPxduZ.png67E9Ctt.png5bZ23qp.png

Ephraim gets a solid first level, though he's now below half HP...

Tkxs8Ax.pnghOOIPd8.pngkbjcWOh.pngYzclrRy.png

Thankfully, Resolve kicks in and saves me, while he gets another level, which is meh.

tNctSrm.png

Have I mentioned this skill is great? Just wait till stats get in the 20s-30s...

1tqKjqa.pngBjOIOnF.pngzqtwnMP.png

Ephraim heals a little and Arden gets in position, and by now the Fighter reinforcements start. This section will take a while...

0F2p7To.pngFGL0zkE.pngHtQg17F.pngM9n7Y75.png

Trying to spread out the xp as much as I can in this chapter, outside of Ilios obviously.

bWNih8A.pngkC9kQ2l.png

Good first level for Alec, maybe he'll get more strength than Lance has been getting!

Wd2SClK.pngnejBe8E.pngpUVuYo8.png

Arden fails to kill so Kyle gets it! Not a bad start this time Kyle, maybe you won't be the butt of disappointment jokes anymore!

SYFQKAF.pngaXJwxBc.pngVk79r6Z.pngHe6ZdVB.png

Arden's slowly getting whittled down, though his first level is pretty darn good!

TDnaNqp.pngC6Um0cv.pngKTgIT89.pngMU0Rkbn.png

Thanks to Accost, Kyle gets in two rounds here, but of course he misses the kill.

FYm4E9T.pngGNofA17.pnglcJwkPH.png

More Javelin chip, and we're building up quite the roadblock here.

6fn7xYb.pngJhah0c8.png

Hey, I'll take luck twice in a row!

StHq2Jh.pngPGIxOgZ.png

I guess some res is good here and there?

3ibktyj.png42AgeN5.pngSrRrBnR.png

The Soldiers are finally almost gone, so Arden should switch to sword soon. The level's about what I expect from a two stat.

E1SX9BB.pngLp8qBEy.png 

I knew the beginning of chapter luck wouldn't last. Sigh.

1O9RtIu.pngzpW7Loo.pngke7vWv6.png

I'm glad there's at least some animation for swords.

ZZqxg61.pngNlGjWTy.png

At least he can sometimes dodge while we're dealing with them.

b2RAbse.pngYb09HeB.png 

All nice stats for him, surprised to see two skill levels so quickly.

xtK83xi.pngmf1mReb.pngVKsRQXN.png

This process continues for a while, Arden gets two typical Knight levels and Ephraim is so far shaping up well.

5ZwNi4P.png

Mage Knights have the same animation for swords that Rangers do, which works I guess.

pgBVVS4.png7YXIcCc.pngy58afIA.png1w3tLcT.png

Didn't cap too much combat here, so have some levels! Arden gets his first move, Kyle gets more tanky and Alec likes his two statters.

C6aBVVk.pngTJeJK2B.png9p8dvDo.png

Finally moving on to the soldiers on the left, some of whom now dink against Arden.

hmgZvt3.pngLeFoC3X.pngDeYBeFj.png 

My Knights are so far really trying to impress me. I'm glad!

8yRuLf3.pngymhw4G5.pngvJZumf2.png

Alec finishes off the last one as we finally start to go forwards.

6Jd4Mgz.pngChSd2x5.png 

Clutch double dodge.

myQqcxp.png4qKZz2n.png

Keep it up Kyle, keep it up!

Avvx9Wu.pngN7DLX3l.png3hAiEun.png

Luring people out slowly here...

cqrf1Ob.pngPCdhRlq.pngOECmupz.png

I do wish Arden could double at least an enemy Knight though. Also of note, the Archer and Fighter up top don't actually move, and they drop chest keys.

UnbCWO5.pngKYeSZMJ.png

Ephraim's luck seems to have finally run out too. This game loves its two statters this run.

0ad7ATD.pngXR33ft3.pngY7efPGY.png

These three finish off the Archer and Alec gets a good level!

XypGsLP.pngN4CBJ02.pngoPAAI8O.png

Typical.

ovTw0Hv.pngSzoGQi6.png0ejlY9N.png6acUHDF.png

Hooray for unnecessary crits! Kyle's actually turning out pretty good, especially with that defense!

Cztw4z1.png7kdchAg.png

Ephraim finishes an Archer and I move Alec to get the fighter to attack him. I forgot that opens up that door and spawns more reinforcements though!

bca9ttV.pngqSefQzX.png

Joooooy....

m7VfFLe.pngXqUIf0R.pngXqUIf0R.png4ioq8t8.png

Trying to finish off the key dropping enemies before getting into position for the reinforcements.

pQCIzJm.pngLaAWQjN.png

Eww. C'mon Alec, you're better than this, don't let Kyle of all people beat you.

FGtoczU.pngFzFhM8E.png 

Kyle finishes, and we set up Ephraim to tank the Myrmidons and Arden the cavs.

QgnD3qd.pngtVSfqlN.png

Thankfully this is pretty safe.

h2i0bZX.pngdY45CUG.png

Kyle's taking after Arden this time around.

F7hrHYL.png

I mean...more defense is always nice? I'd love more move though.

BIOY0Or.pngUHxBabl.png

I move Ephraim to start tanking the cavs instead, not realizing he could totally die.

hyt7JDT.pngMATU8EL.png

The Myrmidons double Kyle, but all that defense is paying off nicely.

YRt6Yq3.pngRrQTZeM.png

Come on now Ephraim, please?

f2m1QHu.pngv2dwNOj.png

I'm so glad Resolve is a thing for him, though he coulda still died.

nCvsC3L.png4KQSXRj.pngzxUegEf.png

This is actually getting kind of ridiculous, I dig it.

Rar0Nob.pngmP6YkoT.png

Meanwhile Alec is taking lessons from Lance in "How to never gain strength again!"

GKjaWrH.pngX0B7dIv.png

Ephraim continues the mediocre levels, though it's not like he's anywhere close to underperforming yet.

b5UPPOm.pngVGUTaBQ.pngWRASfm8.png

With the reinforcements finally over with we can move on to the rest of the enemies. Slowly! I'm probably conserving Vulneraries way more than I need to.

A8vdokL.pngxYt8ltQ.pngW16xXyI.png 

That Shaman could probably kill most of my team right now since they aren't healed up.

t94k17z.png5Xhfg7S.pnggyO4Iti.png

I can't say it's a bad level up, cause it's not, I just want some strength!

xvhEWia.pngMVxLX3x.pngZCPytJ2.pnggVFRbRr.png

Resolved Ephraim takes the lead here, and the Knight gives us a door key.

2gfBmA9.pngvcyh61D.png

Kyle gets two rounds with the fighter cause Accost, and takes a lot of damage for his troubles.

a73lMmj.pnghKunRMV.png

Hooray for decent treasure!

aOZJ586.pngmlJX0Xo.png

Arden weakens one for Kyle, who's seriously making a strong case here. I might actually put up with Accost to use you dude!

JeWB3h9.pngHhcIxJL.pngYWf2edJ.png

Alec and Arden support, and at least Ephraim's latest two stat is a better one.

2yldWzW.pngBoZZUap.pngMkvhOtf.pngAHI6oET.png

Hooray for Resolve one shots!

5uRqaUI.pngmfrSwPI.pngEIN9U9C.png

Arden's dodging continues even on the boss to get him one more level!

MSjhxE3.png

....Sigh.

G6dVuuz.pngIGfFWSI.pngbm2LkQ3.pngvZYXiuj.png 

Alec finishes the boss for us, and geeeets....

vDe8gZy.png 

I guess the speed cavaliers just aren't allowed to get any strength. It's really weird to me that Kyle is the best one so far...

Bm4lN0K.png

WAIT WE'RE FORGETTING SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT I ALMOST DID IT AGAIN!

3uB0f0j.png 

Phew...much better. Now let's seize!

PXlzKuA.pngG7FdpC4.png

These two talk, and as the scene changes I love how Arden takes the throne, like he knows he was the MVP here.

HEIXCQl.pngOGYfDRb.png

Oh no, Ilios has mysteriously gone missing and there's enemies outside!

LYGR5Tj.png

Well hi again Valter!

LUpjCjM.png

And here's our end! Next time, we rejoin Eirika and go into an awful fog level where there's a freakin sleep staff! That I could steal if Sothe doesn't get hit...he always gets hit...

Again, apologies if this chapter's a little bit of a slog, it's definitely not one of my favorites. At least you get a lot of levels out of it, these guys need it in prep for 8.

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

48 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

MFHQ5Zm.png

Totally not a traitor. Nope.

(Also, I assume Ilios took the wrong coloured clothes and just accepted it after the fact.)

1 hour ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Oddly enough, Ephraim's growths are kinda...significantly worse than in SS. He does have impressive bases, and although he doesn't get anything fun on promotion like Eirika, he does come with two leadership stars which is always handy. In addition, Resolve is amazing, and makes him much harder to kill and can let him one-shot some enemies pretty easily.

Man, Resolve with ridiculous defence and resistance sounds invinceable.

Anyone pull that off?

Also, Arden did not get enough move imo.

I missed an update. Nothing that can't be fixed easily.

On 9/8/2018 at 9:15 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Jx5gKW4.pngzsG57t4.png

Guess what Ruben, you were right!

Awesome, I'm a genius. Next time, Nino will join. The genius said so, so it has to be the truth. If it isn't, make it so.

QWxkuiK.png

Hey, this guy has a portrait!

He did in the original game, too. It never did make much sense.

vklW4xM.pngPflAgAM.pngTFJRuSJ.png

You're doing great Wolt! Not so much for Safy, though she still could beat Lugh in HP at this rate...

Soooo for starters, Wolt's awesome in this game. Also, if Greenasha overthere beat Lugh in HP, I'd laugh really hard.

ZTdfCke.pngId8Gwes.pngSwZRnNP.png

He's been such a tank this chapter.

It has begun.

Lotsin visits instead, and we get...Pugi!

Y2dYlF0.png

Pugi is amazing. Only weighs 5 (compared to a Hand Axe's 20), 1-2 range, powerful, 30 crit, high hit, and...it's E rank. I think I'll keep it on Lotsin mostly though, since it's supposed to be his. Well, Orsin's, but he was kicked out of the green club.

Hwahahahahahah... unlimited POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAah, sorry, I was just... enjoying this moment.

Otakon was great though!

I'm happy for you!

jqUOC7w.png

Looks like we got Ephraim of course, along with Alec and Arden!

Huh, so the FE4 boys are the Forde and Kyle stand-ins.

QIaGKny.pngMFHQ5Zm.png

Except... Kyle himself refused to leave his game! I'm so happy for him.

Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate that Olson is replacing Orson? I don't know about you, but I find that to be highly amusing.

Also also, this guy is fabulous. What, did Karin tell him bright pink clothes are more lordly? Jesus Christ... but at least his hair is green.

Mov 20%

That's going to be fun.

5ZwNi4P.png

Mage Knights have the same animation for swords that Rangers do, which works I guess.

I really like his palette. It's like Cecilia if she was a Mage Knight instead of a Valkyrie. And also a man.

MSjhxE3.png

....Sigh.

That was less fun than I had anticipated. Arden, my man, you'd best get some moves if you want to surpass Megachin of the Stachehair.

vDe8gZy.png

I guess the speed cavaliers just aren't allowed to get any strength. It's really weird to me that Kyle is the best one so far...

Kyle didn't just refuse to leave his game; when the creator attempted to bring him down by forcing a shit skill on him, he also refused to give in and be bad! Astounding!

HEIXCQl.pngOGYfDRb.png

Oh no, Ilios has mysteriously gone missing and there's enemies outside!

Noooooo He-man is a traitor!

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

(Also, I assume Ilios took the wrong coloured clothes and just accepted it after the fact.)

Sorry, that's more or less faithful to his artwork. They're a darker shade there, but still pink.