Let's play FE Green/Midori, HM!

Take your time, man. We'll wait for you.

Incidentally, I've also been playing HM Midori this past year, mixing it in with other stuff on my Youtube channel (It's in Italian though).

I've reached Vigarde in my recordings, though I'm a bit behind with my uploads so one can't really tell. His map is ridiculous, and a few other maps are just as hard due to leadership BS.

HM is brutal because you just don't have the stats to handle certain things reliably: for example, I had to grind 4 units up to 30/1 just to reach certain necessary thresholds in Selena's map, as well as to deal with her 120+ avoid and 27+ spd Bolting.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I found out that Vigarde is even harder, and for multiple reasons:

1. There's a recruitable enemy that spawns with 4 leadership stars, which add up to Vigarde's 5 for a total of +45% hit/avoid for the enemy.

2. To recruit said unit (he spawns in the closed treasure room, map is almost the same as vanilla so you surely have an idea of the layout) the player must open the treasure room and talk to him with a certain character, who at this point in the game is unlikely to have a way to defend herself even when promoted, because...

3. Friggin' KISHUNA spawns with him, negating all magic. With him, Swordmasters and Berserkers spawn from the stairs every turn and your physical units are unlikely to have the stats to double them. All of this could still be handled, funnily enough, if it wasn't for...

4. The druids in Vigarde's throne room having so much Magic that their Berserk staves reach all the way into the treasure room. If your unit gets berserked, very likely because druids, the "recruiter" unit mentioned above is dead, because she's on a horse and Midori doesn't let you rescue mounted units, and the "recruited" unit is useless because he's a mage and Kishuna neuters him.

So yeah, HM Midori is really painful and I don't recommend it to anyone for a first playthrough. OP is a real trooper for even thinking about attempting it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!

Not quite the update yet, but popping in just to say I'm not dead and I'm now finally coming back around and starting to work on this. I'm really sorry for such a long wait (and the fact that it'll be just a little bit longer...). The last few months have just been really rough on my family and I, not to mention busy, though I'm hoping life will finally be letting up a little bit here soon.

Still, I'm finally started to work on this again and I'm hoping that once I get back in the swing of it I'll be able to update somewhat more regularly again. I'm planning for next chapter to be up by the end of next weekend at the very latest, but hopefully sooner! Until then, thanks for the patience, and I'm looking forward to getting back into this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 5:21 AM, Dayni said:

Really should have coloured the soldiers, he's probably the messenger.

This is canon now.

Well, it is a better choice than him chasing after everyone.

I still don't quite know what I'm gonna do with them in the end either. We'll see!

On 9/12/2018 at 11:17 AM, Ruminant said:

It's pretty interesting that Safy got a movement level up given that she's the only unit in Thracia 776 who doesn't have a movement growth (though you can still make her grow movement with the Dain scroll).

Oh! So a change the original translator added in was actually giving Safy a 1% movement growth instead of 0, as she was one of I think two units who didn't have one. I didn't know the original intent was actually keeping things in line with FE5, interesting!

I also like how the generic soldier here literally has 0 for all his combat stats

it makes sense given Caellach's 34 attack speed and the soldier presumably being really weak anyway, but still

Again, I'm pretty sure the Caellach here has really buffed stats compared to how he appears in Chapter 15.

On 9/13/2018 at 6:54 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess so, SD has some really stupid shenanigans, but with Cirosan's patches it improves a whole lot. Even without them, I still think it's a pretty good game. You can never go wrong with a game where Wrys is recruited in the first chapter.

I really should go back and beat it someday...

Hey, not all of them, I wouldn't want to hog the spotlight. Just... do Orson justice somehow, okay? That is all I ask.

We'll see! I have some minor thoughts but nothing solidified.

Which is a shame. Innes's first reaction to seeing the siblings alive and well being to antagonize Ephraim for no reason at all and to ignore Eirika was absolutely hilarious.

Yeah, definitely miss some of that amusement there.

Except for the fact that they had their arses kicked about five minutes after this, and then they had their arses kicked again in the river chapter until only Syrene was alive?

Yeah I realized that wasn't the best time to say that. You get some nice Frelian reinforcements later, but even then, the best of them is Klimt who's from Carcino anyways...

But then again, Innes's is awesome for a Sniper, and most important of all, they have the Boulder. Not in this game, of course, but... I think his con and stache are huge enough that they trascend the existential plane of FE8 and invade other realms.

What I'm trying to say is, next time someone without green hair joins, replace them with Moulder.

Green haired Moulder would be a beauty.

Or maybe you could make him replace Fomortiis as the main villain. It makes perfect sense: he's pretty much the complete opposite to green hair that there is, his being the most sane, realistic hair in all of Fire Emblem. Also, he's the Boulder. There can be no mightier threat than he.

That means Eirika is fine, sadly. Stupid girl, ruining the stakes!

I still love how the first character we get in an FE hack based on green hair is...Eirika.

This is giving me Roy-Merlinus vibes.

XvQTknR.png

This is beautiful.

Cecilia in a nutshel. Seriously, she gets killed three times over by Zephiel and in the next chapter she's up and about again. In the fucking desert. This woman's a trooper!

Basically why I made it canon here that her bad stats are due to injury.

If you make her friendzone him, I'll forever be grateful. After I'm done choking to death in laughter.

Either that or one other idea I've got...

She's terrible, Elincia!

Elincia's just too nice.

He's smaller than you are, Raigh, how is he...

I've always thought of them as the same size, but I guess I never really noticed that Raigh's portrait is a tiny bit taller. If that's intentional, I find it interesting since Lugh's canonically the older twin.

KCxUJ45.png

You've got a ways ahead of you, Lotsin, but I believe in you.

Well his speed's almost there!

Why did Alec say the same thing twice? And, more importantly, why did Kyle ignore it?

Cause I'm good at the proofreading I don't always do!

You just could not resist, could you?

You act like I know anything else about Arden...

On 9/12/2018 at 7:49 PM, SoulWeaver said:

That was actually kind of refreshing after all the battling, so it works out! I'm neutral towards gameplay hacks, honestly, so do what feels best there, I'll enjoy the ride either way.

Glad to hear it!

Also, I just realized it looks like Eirika's either drunk or trying to look seductive in all the shots that have her starting to blink. Just thought the community at large should know that opinion even though it has nothing to do with the actual gameplay or story.

Now I dunno if I can look at it any other way.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:34 AM, Tamanoir said:

Since you asked so nicely, I'll share with you my scrapped ideas for that scrapped FE8 randomized playthrough I did years ago :
I wanted to make Anna replaces the Demon King. I mean, there are lots of reasons for this to happen. She's the RNGoddess after all. For me, it was because I abused RNG to get through the chapter (becuase chapter 5x with Zombie Fado, and priest Dzla who have 255% HP Growth and nothing else is quite terrible.)
Buut here it could be for lots of other reasons. First of all, all those lost Strength Growths are going somewhere, right ? Besides, you're fumbling with the game (I approve all changes btw), which could piss her off. ANd she have REd hair, which is the opposite of green.

So that's where all the strength growths are going...

On 10/10/2018 at 6:56 AM, ShadowYoshi said:

Take your time, man. We'll wait for you.

Incidentally, I've also been playing HM Midori this past year, mixing it in with other stuff on my Youtube channel (It's in Italian though).

I've reached Vigarde in my recordings, though I'm a bit behind with my uploads so one can't really tell. His map is ridiculous, and a few other maps are just as hard due to leadership BS.

I haven't had too much problem with them beating me on leadership yet. Cecilia will definitely help a bit.

HM is brutal because you just don't have the stats to handle certain things reliably: for example, I had to grind 4 units up to 30/1 just to reach certain necessary thresholds in Selena's map, as well as to deal with her 120+ avoid and 27+ spd Bolting.

I thankfully had some really, really blessed units around this time. Arden, Alec, and especially Lugh (with massive defense blessing) were all amazing for me and that helped a lot.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I found out that Vigarde is even harder, and for multiple reasons:

I don't think I found Vigarde quite as bad as Selena, but again I had some really good people.

1. There's a recruitable enemy that spawns with 4 leadership stars, which add up to Vigarde's 5 for a total of +45% hit/avoid for the enemy.

2. To recruit said unit (he spawns in the closed treasure room, map is almost the same as vanilla so you surely have an idea of the layout) the player must open the treasure room and talk to him with a certain character, who at this point in the game is unlikely to have a way to defend herself even when promoted, because...

3. Friggin' KISHUNA spawns with him, negating all magic. With him, Swordmasters and Berserkers spawn from the stairs every turn and your physical units are unlikely to have the stats to double them. All of this could still be handled, funnily enough, if it wasn't for...

4. The druids in Vigarde's throne room having so much Magic that their Berserk staves reach all the way into the treasure room. If your unit gets berserked, very likely because druids, the "recruiter" unit mentioned above is dead, because she's on a horse and Midori doesn't let you rescue mounted units, and the "recruited" unit is useless because he's a mage and Kishuna neuters him.

Yeah I'm looking forward to doing this chapter again. And dreading it!

So yeah, HM Midori is really painful and I don't recommend it to anyone for a first playthrough. OP is a real trooper for even thinking about attempting it.

To be fair I'm not going in totally blind. I've beaten the game once on NM and I got up to chapter 16 in HM, which I only stopped to start this playthrough actually!

Alright, let's get on with the update then!

Spoiler

2yiZFsB.pngyofKv8g.pngE3Pkwoi.pngK8bvTge.png

Time to get this show back on the road!

qAA1aOT.pngLAlInOx.png8zTU9uB.pngF14bOQO.png

Good ol' zombie Vigarde gives out some orders.

ZW5FAgX.pngD1T1r8F.pngAiA5qrQ.pngBZFEvIT.png

Valter is also his usual perky self.

LwbuDPu.pngc90PVms.pngNXDXGEI.pngE508NoM.png

Di0aJFQ.pngSQ4A9Tp.pngOXnttoQ.pngcrPP2ZK.png

From his portrait, I always thought Riev was really short, but then you go look at his official art and he's kinda freakishly tall IIRC.

So fun fact, this patch just for some reason skips the Duessel and Selena dialogue here. Their units move on the map like they should, then they just leave without the actual dialogue happening.

At first I thought I'd messed something up, but I loaded up a non-edited copy and the same thing happens. I don't know how to add dialogue events to a scene, but in hindsight I probably could have just added their text to one of the others. Ah well.

Duessel goes after Ephraim and the army he's with while Selena chills in the capital.

So back to Eirika and co...

7anNWS6.pngqCp6Pv2.png

Hi Karin!

PmmaZzr.pngOZ1lh7V.pnguqiofcv.png0EQOYFW.png

Karin follows the rules and gets permission before leaving, unlike Tana.

PI01XCj.pngvzu0X53.pnghw1YkSF.png

Karin and "Strong" don't go together, unfortunately.

KL8oiSW.pngnz7VqvU.pngIgIltNd.pngrgOXbGK.png

And we've made it to Port Bado...uh...Kiris!

wmZdBBB.png2RnBLuO.pngsK8AGQg.pngFx1r506.png

Yes, it's important Eirika does not forget her totally not dangerous, no fighting allowed mission.

Fx1r506.pnglVUnict.png

Eirika...you could be a little more subtle.

uBZtf8n.pngQWveN1G.png

I couldn't help myself.

0EOzYPt.pngQtUsnjb.pngxOsKn8E.png

Hey look Rennac does exist! Also, I believe I forgot to capture some Eirika thing before Sothe talked here, but it wasn't that big. I think I did it one more time later too...

p0BlAhT.pngJJn7y8y.pngLka4mc1.pngOso68PJ.png

That heart is what happens when I leave in a text coding thing from the copied vanilla FE8 text. I missed this one, but I was too lazy to go fix the one line and I thought it was amusing...

O1WDKER.pngtFMYu7A.pngqrBGkAM.pngzQqPDKk.png

One of my friends and I have taken to pronouncing her name as "L-A Rachel" lately. I don't remember how it started but it's stuck now. Brb need to go change her name in the hack to that...

0oLEXCX.pnghTnKG5p.pngcxIiso3.pngsDuOomM.png

LA Rachel all 'bout those pastries, while Rennac's just so sick of the things.

2mP1Gib.png9Q1KcMq.pngceDnwQM.pngyPfSU61.png

0VO7A3w.png02JjO1k.pngsF8R36Q.png1WOviGK.png

eOa7VFn.pngPYUXTOR.pngbZDOVEU.png6YMoLvB.png

Good thing we're on Eirika route and won't have to deal with the ship right?

5vwbNQ1.pngipjS8o5.pngxZrrBFg.pngtgWyg6t.png

Wouldn't be a video game without having to take the long and dangerous path.

Uaj4MJL.pngEJqL8f7.pngtESHUjl.pngXvvRZ8Y.png

1ipk4qN.pngqXoWh9H.pngvBQo4RE.pngUXVjeRY.png

Poor Rennac. Makes me wonder if LA Rachel dumped Aion, or he left her to get out of her shenanigans.

byCcbWr.pngComVOG1.pngtX2xaQp.png6SlGDtS.png

And the winner gets to stay in this game as a playable character! Come to think of it, Rennac's probably fine with being left out.

GrQTc6l.pngkAs36op.pngkxWkzCn.pngw8sdxlW.png

Nah they're just heading to Roston instead.

fZNVMNW.pngkGjAeG0.pngaS5srd9.png34TqUR0.png

I like how Karin's just been chilling and watching this whole time.

7MskU3W.pngjuQaKdo.png6kEgMqt.pnguthHE9e.png

See Eirika? You needed a better code name. Or a disguise, perhaps a green wig? See even this guy has green hair.

wqXZKls.pngJeGSuQn.png

I forgot to nab a shot of all the enemies coming in, but after that we hit character select.

So first off, let's look at our newbie!

aerk2wr.png5gTtouh.pngVylogFK.pngjWk5ry3.png

Growths: HP 55%, Str 30%, Mag 35%, Skl 35%, Spd 70%, Luck 70%, Def 15%

Supports: Ced, Ilios, Fee (even though she's not normally in the game, she's in the data as an option)

Karin's somewhat interesting. Tons of speed and luck, not too much strength and okay magic. She makes a great dodge tank if you can level her, but the leveling process for her can be a bit of a pain. She's also needed to recruit Ilios in a really annoying way in Chapter 16, so I'll try to get her at least some levels.

Pursuit's okay on her, since she's already fast enough to double most things unless weighed down. Critical's interesting, and does help her offense some if you give her the Slim Lance. Still, she's probably better off as a Falcoknight just to heal and dodge things, but WK piercing can help her offense even more.
hYU92cH.png

This Chapter isn't too bad, which is nice after how last chapter was. Let's look at the good ol' boss.

YCwtr5T.pngYIZAKp2.png

He's not nearly as scary as the warrior enemies in the previous chapter. Plus, we can steal either his axe or his bow, rendering him effectively harmless after that.

lcvDGEJ.pngwIeEufc.png30vI4g9.png

Elincia makes her way over the water while Eirika and Sothe hit A support and move to fend off some pirates.

v7NVg3L.png3uEtYKW.png

Lotsin and Pugi get back to the usual work, and get a half decent level out of it.

rZq1ZjZ.pngBAnJyz5.png

We take position for enemy turn, and Elincia is as usual very good at her job.

xtnSy33.pngJigwjyH.pngqDxqdQi.png8fXmYRO.png

dFKq7Dj.pngaLS5FN3.pngX2lte8r.pngd6y08RT.png

Enemy phase proceeds, and we get a Master Seal out of that Pirate.

Ozrv3DQ.pngt7FnLmo.png

Back to our turn as some Pirate reinforcements come in, and one heads to the village on the left.

q9i6xRD.pngMPHJMAj.png

Karin nabs the Pirate and Elincia starts making her way to the village.

3t0YRfv.pngpfXR8a5.pngDBUnFVi.pngwfJmuhJ.png

Even Lance can get in on a tiny bit of the action here!

ipzegKu.pngVmBt6bS.png

Not too bad. Still want more strength though. On everyone...

MGKURs7.pngjxVunBs.pngNv0rqcZ.pngPWmwJNY.png

The Chin remains impenetrable, and gets a pretty good level for it.

UWKYlJW.pngLJMbe7Q.pngmaToHys.png1NLoM0E.png

Least Eirika's getting some needed experience here. Reinforcements continue as well!

AjycoCY.pngapxUoge.png1LDyS0h.png

This is rather typical Karin, though at least she's hitting things.

6rdMde1.pngD0i1m1z.pngWt2sb5j.png

I didn't put in the village text, but Rennac gives us a very, very nice item. I believe it's the first of the stat boosting rings we've seen, which boost their specific stat by +5 when held. These things can be life-savers in this game.

K9vAb7l.pngkOnv5kQ.pngIE1ACth.pngqZ6zRUc.png

Lots of chip here, trying to maximize what xp I can get.

CHqOuWW.pngo4ta8fP.pngSeJQiRC.png

Pirates are basically no threat to those two, especially since they're A supported.

EqcqV5y.pngzqkWPD6.pngjLZPpU5.png

Here we draw out probably the scariest enemy on the map, the Sniper. Thankfully, Bors can take the hits unless he got double critted, but Lance support helps avoid that.

yk3IOmY.png4YUf4e8.pngMytSrRV.png

Pirates are nearly finished, and Lotsin begins the process of surrounding the Sniper.

DYMrmIC.pngAMqcvzg.pngpRs3tgm.pngD91nHKI.png

Surrounding continues while Elincia helps deal with the bottom half of things up there.

nEWjkMf.pngrCjImnC.png1PvCXfm.png

Sigh, c'mon now Raigh, don't start this, I just got back!

LH1LGoj.pngOLU7j7U.pngv7pYh0k.pngHNH6mkb.png

Bad level ups won't stop Raigh from being useful, however.

3ZKYssU.pngvAurACX.pngq70c62x.png

Not you too Eirika!

hWRIbwg.pngsNu4NZM.pngHmyFlAt.png

Lotsin finally lands a blow on the Sniper.

i85co7U.pngvYTf8yr.pngCSZAlRN.png

Everyone else at least tries to follow suit.

Y9Uotk7.png

Safy's the only one who knows how to get any strength or magic nowadays it seems...

A2URwMn.pngEEEnaNN.pngB3TL33D.pngE0CbOBK.png

RANMB93.pngkyaHJSp.pngu6M9A5X.pngi3S5Onf.png

Good thing the Sniper can't do anything to us cause this is a little bit sad.

NedhySn.png

Sain also knows how to get strength at least.

mxx1iiS.pngjiLzFJ5.png

Raigh finally gets hit by something, and Lance gets a meh level out of the Sniper. He's still probably not getting used much outside of supporting Bors for a little while here.

GKpvuH5.pngbPzQ5eY.pngIkGlJ2W.png

Those two finally kill the Sniper, and Karin actually gets a fantastic level. Now why couldn't that be for someone I'm actually using long term...

40Eo7Fb.pngM07DylP.pngsZ88qA9.png

I need to take more images of placement/the map and not just the fights.

KDPyAlx.png2RRfGmh.png401bzn1.png

You're better than this Raigh.

kMxeiaJ.pngqjKPEGg.pngzTvIQvn.png

Shopping for heal staves and then healing, and I almost panic realizing I left Elincia in an Archer's range.

waZ78HD.png
But it's Elincia, so it's fine!
bPOdFpH.pngRzCdWD8.png
Meh.
uaNL8Ee.pngQcUQWrT.pngiTjidDR.pngZYdLx4H.png
Cleaning up Archers before the rest of the reinforcements make their way up.
K8tPhmO.png1qz4Lj4.png2qHjFjo.png
r3hox3a.pngUS8so5A.png
Fighter exchanges always amuse me just a little bit.
ZOi2cR2.pngIFHhGZ6.png
Korsn4B.pngjaO0z4e.png
At least Safy's getting good levels...
iHTY0Cl.pngfLSbWvf.pngCIsPN7B.pngAAWimUy.png
While everyone else depresses me greatly. This must be punishment for the hiatus.
PyCWBJk.png
Lance and Bors hit B, for what it's worth.
3oVppsw.pngC6ZX9PY.pngayTepgx.pngf6YG2wx.png
Further continuing business as usual while Elincia nabs the village safely.
MzdRamj.pngStTYNCb.png
Supernova crit! I like that shot.
1TVvTPj.pngxrpohav.png
Well at least Sothe finally got speed, but it's probably gonna be a little late...
XCYVacw.pngtO2okDt.png
And we're moving on up! Slowly so I can funnel xp where I want it. I really want Raigh to get one good level (or at least Magic) before the end here...
vT7ggvJ.pngMmhg9dU.png
At least he's still the superior Shaman.
Rxjbgje.png
Safy heals and proves once again she's the only one who can get strength or magic.
UIgxgxb.pngHoddRaM.pngcWj2jzP.png
Well I'll take the defense, and she can use the magic after promotion at least.
OmUc940.pngA5C8Gi7.png
Wolt draws out the two archers and isn't amused at them trying to upstage him.
QXm1wYS.pngnfMahN2.png
Crits ahoy! So that's where my good RNs are going...
qDXoojA.pngtRDTpz8.pngUEntWjh.pngk3F97dz.png

Business as usual.
2rsy0CG.pngZfTykEj.pngujcXjB1.png
Raigh can actually double some of the mercs!
vGkj1Nd.png
...Why Raigh?
bt5KD6t.png
For some reason the archers don't move here, or the boss for that matter.
KNbXHo7.pngSrdMYZd.png
He could really start to use more skill, but I'll take this for now, his speed's coming up really well at least.
hCjcvfR.pngsUcNLWG.png
I forgot Karin was here for a while, I could have gotten her a few more levels picking people off probably.
4jsWcgm.pngRmLyArs.pngkBorKay.png
Bors takes the bow hit before I yoink the axe off of him.
0WmrSbm.pngxExdxW6.pngPszNIO1.png
Finishing off the archers here.
pnA4KIk.pngd9fCXGc.pngPUSGUWY.png
Lotsin, Bors and Eirika whittle the boss down for xp.
ZMRzp0O.pngcsOv8az.png
Aww, Bors and Lotsin get an identical level! At least they're good stats for two statters.
KEall4U.png
Raigh finishes cause I really wanna end on a positive note for him, aaaaand:
HAK0G6w.png
Sigh. First Lugh, now Raigh's almost up to five levels without magic. It's not like his stats are bad by any stretch, but continued failure to grow is always frustrating. At least Summoner promo (which I'm probably going for) gives +3 magic.
gQzal3Z.pngzWq6A2Q.pngZiO8sXz.pngKSjIr6W.png
I'd like to think Grado Imperial troops don't typically contain Pirates. Or people like Binks but...most enemy armies in this series employ less than stellar people.
o3E0qY4.pngGZfEXSg.pnghZArgyb.png
Sothe did you even fight any sword users this chapter?
6sEAYXm.pngdU5CU9o.pngJgAB3EK.png
Was he always purpleish?
JBxNxRj.pngL1UeDKg.pngHN0GedW.png
I should work on changing Sothe's lines up a little bit more, but granted I haven't played RD so I don't know how much different he'd be.
QM88uE1.pngwIDLQsG.pngs91HAvk.pnggp7bJo7.png
Maybe because your cover identity is awful. Or it's just your hair. Or both!
04gWlgg.pngtYJ1E1R.pngjj8FfnP.pngZhpOTOp.png
Except for Klimt, he's too awesome. I've seen Klimt go toe-to-toe with Caellach in this game, Pablo's got no chance.
az7ibLb.png3WlfBjD.pngENGgWI3.pngQulqHw9.png
NUX3KSe.pngrV0rOdz.pnglQxE7Zh.png8PDjyu8.png
Pssh Ced will be fiiine I'm sure.
UuWdVKY.pngritqY7i.pngqkODghh.pngO8ObWkX.png
The messenger seems displeased that Eirika recognizes her.
k6FaDQK.pngMWJ6QJc.pngEXE4MQQ.png
She wants to go back to the journey with the not-danger in it.
WlHQjRt.pngUiXm33u.pngOZM3HTh.pngkQNDEuP.png
And off to rescue Ced we go!
9ui87wA.pngfS9wPXb.pngin3PsLT.pngJlfKw1T.png
This is a little more amusing since he actually isn't recruitable and does just go free for the most part.
zbzfVVC.pngTSctwsE.pngPulD0Qi.png
And he gives us free stuff! Thanks Rennac!
gdxoKar.pngH7QMyY3.pngKUPdtlG.png
And that's it!

This chapter's pretty easy, but I'm grateful for it as a breather between Chapter 8 and 10-Eirika, that's gonna be fun next time.

Also, on things I was planning to add in, I did realize Fee doesn't actually have unique growths, but just Tana's. So if I do go about adding her I'll have to figure out if I wanna change em or just leave them as they are. Or do my original plan and replace Fiora with her...

Again, I'm sorry for the super long wait! I definitely won't be updating as often as I did at the start of the LP (especially since I'm making English things now), but I'll be doing my best to keep going here. Hopefully the game eventually forgives me and lets me get level ups I want again! Thanks again for reading everyone, as always you're all great!

So, you're back too. Cool.

5 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Rxjbgje.png
Safy heals and proves once again she's the only one who can get strength or magic.

If only she could use that strength.....

JgAB3EK.png
Was he always purpleish?

Nope, don't think so.

JlfKw1T.png
This is a little more amusing since he actually isn't recruitable and does just go free for the most part.

I'm now imagining him as the genie just running around asking anyone like L'Arachel to give him orders and him shouting no, laughing giddily to himself. But for the most part? What does that mean?

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

Christmas isn't even here yet, what are we all doing returning so soon?

17 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

xOsKn8E.png

Hey look Rennac does exist!

You can't be serious.

Makes me wonder if LA Rachel dumped Aion, or he left her to get out of her shenanigans.

I mean, what do we know about Aion? He thought he was cool and smart, then Kishuna screwed him over.

Not much to go with, is there...

See Eirika? You needed a better code name. Or a disguise, perhaps a green wig? See even this guy has green hair.

A brown cloak should do!

She's also needed to recruit Ilios in a really annoying way in Chapter 16, so I'll try to get her at least some levels.

Hoo, boy. That sounds like it's going to be fun.

Does that recruiting requirement involve buying him a set of reasonably colored clothes? I sure hope it does.

3uEtYKW.png

Lotsin and Pugi get back to the usual work, and get a half decent level out of it.

I'll have to get used to the rearranged numbers again.

PWmwJNY.png

The Chin remains impenetrable, and gets a pretty good level for it.

Seriously, how is he this good? I smell an MVP in the making. Keep eating those levels, you chummy bastard, you.

Wt2sb5j.png

I didn't put in the village text, but Rennac gives us a very, very nice item. I believe it's the first of the stat boosting rings we've seen, which boost their specific stat by +5 when held. These things can be life-savers in this game.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that boosts defense. Am I a genius or what?

1PvCXfm.png

Sigh, c'mon now Raigh, don't start this, I just got back!

I'm truly sorry.

401bzn1.png

You're better than this Raigh.

On the other hand, maybe all this luck you're not having will happen to go to my own LP.

Nah, I couldn't possibly wish such a thing for you... or... could I...?

iHTY0Cl.pngfLSbWvf.pngCIsPN7B.pngAAWimUy.png
While everyone else depresses me greatly. This must be punishment for the hiatus.

Jesus Christ on a bike, is Safy the only... safe bet, when it comes to levels?

Huehuehuehuehue... eeheh... ah... hah... hahah... eheheheheheheheh...!

xrpohav.png
Well at least Sothe finally got speed, but it's probably gonna be a little late...

I'm sure that was quite... soothing for you. Eh? Eh?! Heheh!

HAK0G6w.png
Sigh. First Lugh, now Raigh's almost up to five levels without magic. It's not like his stats are bad by any stretch, but continued failure to grow is always frustrating. At least Summoner promo (which I'm probably going for) gives +3 magic.

I agree that you'll need a summoner to help summon the courage to continue after these level ups! Bwahahahahah... the song's still going, sorry...

most enemy armies in this series employ less than stellar people.

MTsnP51.pngzIqZi1H.png

1ZTnywo.png

less than stellar people.

byKcoCK.pngiS4ua9d.png

less than stellar people.

O9wXLb3.pngQ3D0x2I.pngggPnuZX.png

mGcblbD.pngioCigbv.png4Ytgc5W.png

Somehow, this is even more beffitting of the song than any of the terrible puns were. I wonder why.

Except for Klimt, he's too awesome. I've seen Klimt go toe-to-toe with Caellach in this game, Pablo's got no chance.

That sounds like a great sight to behold. I always felt Klimt was, alongside Glen and Orson (granted, I still love Orson even though I feel he could've gotten so much more screentime, but...), one of the most painfully underutilized characters in FE8. Please, do use him.

JlfKw1T.png

Oh, thank fuck, at least he won't be joining us with his very non-green hair. Have fun being free, Rennac. Don't get yourself killed out there.

Also, on things I was planning to add in, I did realize Fee doesn't actually have unique growths, but just Tana's. So if I do go about adding her I'll have to figure out if I wanna change em or just leave them as they are. Or do my original plan and replace Fiora with her...

Strength. Give her strength. However, give her lower speed. That is the fee she must pay for the power. Hwahahgahahgcoughcoughcough

Thanks again for reading everyone, as always you're all great!

You might want to rethink that final statement, now. Jeez, those puns were horrendous...

Is there a dancer in this edit? Who's replacing Tethys since she obviously doesn't have green hair? We have Silvia, Lene, and Ninian as choices. Well, Ninian is more of a seafoam, but if Eirika and Ephraim count as green, I can see it being justified for Ninian. Tethys' sprite would match Lene the most though, but Silvia would go together with Alec and Erinys...

19 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Is there a dancer in this edit? Who's replacing Tethys since she obviously doesn't have green hair? We have Silvia, Lene, and Ninian as choices. Well, Ninian is more of a seafoam, but if Eirika and Ephraim count as green, I can see it being justified for Ninian. Tethys' sprite would match Lene the most though, but Silvia would go together with Alec and Erinys...

Ninian and Nils are both in the game. She heals, he uses anima magic.

1 hour ago, ShadowYoshi said:

Ninian and Nils are both in the game. She heals, he uses anima magic.

Oh cool! Do they still refresh or do they just do their new roles?

A healing dancer has so much utility.

On 29/11/2018 at 8:19 PM, Dandy Druid said:

Oh cool! Do they still refresh or do they just do their new roles?

A healing dancer has so much utility.

They both also dance. And considering the fact that movement growth exists in this hack, they can get potentially ridiculous with some luck.

13 hours ago, ShadowYoshi said:

They both also dance. And considering the fact that movement growth exists in this hack, they can get potentially ridiculous with some luck.

This sounds like the return of Lara. Can they be employed at the same time?

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Not sure, I haven't gotten that far. I wanna say "yes", and it would be after the end of the route split if that was the case, but I'll have to ask the OP to sub in for me on this one

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Not sure, I haven't gotten that far. I wanna say "yes", and it would be after the end of the route split if that was the case, but I'll have to ask the OP to sub in for me on this one

Edit: Double Post oof

Edited by ShadowYoshi
Double post

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 5:30 AM, Dayni said:

Thanks! Will be trying to update again a bit more regularly, even if not as frequently as before.

If only she could use that strength.....

Well, she sorta can after promotion. Bishop gives her light AND dark tomes, and dark tomes tend to be heavy so the strength helps. If she goes Valkyrie, she can just use swords too.

Nope, don't think so.

That's odd, but not the strangest thing here by any means.

I'm now imagining him as the genie just running around asking anyone like L'Arachel to give him orders and him shouting no, laughing giddily to himself. But for the most part? What does that mean?

He shows up one more time I believe.

On 11/28/2018 at 5:17 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

You can't be serious.

Well he's not recruitable at least.

Not much to go with, is there...

Guess that means I can't do much to screw him up when he does show up at least?

A brown cloak should do!

Another friend playing through FE7 again just got to that part, and I had to show him how much of a meme that became.

Hoo, boy. That sounds like it's going to be fun.

Does that recruiting requirement involve buying him a set of reasonably colored clothes? I sure hope it does.

Not quite, it's just the layout of the chapter and Ilios position makes it really annoying, not so much the recruitment itself but the difficulty it can cause later on in the map if you haven't been training her.

Seriously, how is he this good? I smell an MVP in the making. Keep eating those levels, you chummy bastard, you.

Him and Lotsin are both quite in that running, though I really can't undersell Elincia either. The twins have also been incredibly useful, especially with the Bolting in chapter 8, but not I'm not sure if as much as those three.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that boosts defense. Am I a genius or what?

On the other hand, maybe all this luck you're not having will happen to go to my own LP.

RNG blessed Garo and Lee incoming?

Nah, I couldn't possibly wish such a thing for you... or... could I...?

Oh, I'm quite sure you could.

Jesus Christ on a bike, is Safy the only... safe bet, when it comes to levels?

Huehuehuehuehue... eeheh... ah... hah... hahah... eheheheheheheheh...!

I'm sure that was quite... soothing for you. Eh? Eh?! Heheh!

You, and two of my best friends (who also are making their way through this, hi guys!) very much do this...a lot. I'll never escape the puns, good or bad, and I'm starting to accept that now.

I agree that you'll need a summoner to help summon the courage to continue after these level ups! Bwahahahahah... the song's still going, sorry...

MTsnP51.pngzIqZi1H.png

1ZTnywo.png

byKcoCK.pngiS4ua9d.png

O9wXLb3.pngQ3D0x2I.pngggPnuZX.png

mGcblbD.pngioCigbv.png4Ytgc5W.png

Somehow, this is even more beffitting of the song than any of the terrible puns were. I wonder why.

I love how in the first one you grabbed, he's freaking out over seeing generic NPC Fighter. And yeah, you really just can't say enough how much of a jobber Jahn is.

That sounds like a great sight to behold. I always felt Klimt was, alongside Glen and Orson (granted, I still love Orson even though I feel he could've gotten so much more screentime, but...), one of the most painfully underutilized characters in FE8. Please, do use him.

Oh, Klimt isn't a playable character, he doesn't have green hair! He is an allied NPC in two different maps though, including Chapter 15. When I ran through that chapter in my other HM playthrough, Klimt managed to make his way to Caellach and the two engaged in a very long duel, though I had to heal Klimt sometimes. Caellach had a Brave Axe and would two-shot Klimt, but never hit twice in a row with somewhere around a 50 to hit. Klimt had a Luna and only needed to hit two or three, but kept missing once he got him down to one more shot. Klimt eventually won out I believe.

Oh, thank fuck, at least he won't be joining us with his very non-green hair. Have fun being free, Rennac. Don't get yourself killed out there.

Strength. Give her strength. However, give her lower speed. That is the fee she must pay for the power. Hwahahgahahgcoughcoughcough

I might just do this. Granted this is still if I can even figure out how to hack her in.

You might want to rethink that final statement, now. Jeez, those puns were horrendous...

Like I said, I'm used to puns like that being made around me and at me frequently. It's just a part of my life now.

On 11/28/2018 at 5:26 PM, Dandy Druid said:

As ShadowYoshi stated, we get Ninian and Nils. I feel like Silvia or Lene would have been a nicer choice (even if I don't know anything about them), but there not being a sprite could have been a reason? Though at worst could have maybe just recolored Tethys?

Also to answer your other question, they can indeed be deployed together! I'm sure it's really abusable, but will I do this? Probably not. I'm having enough trouble trying to figure out who the rest of my long term team is gonna be.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:27 AM, ShadowYoshi said:

Thanks for keeping up with some of the questions in between updates! And yeah, in my first playthrough, Nils got +3 move really early on, it was kind of absurd.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:18 AM, Baby Bonnie Hood said:

Huh.  If Amelia's replacement didn't show up here, then she must be on Ephraim's route instead.

...with Gheb.

:(

Yep, Amelia's replacement will be showing up next chapter when we go back to Ephraim!

So, on to Chapter 10-Eirika we go!

Spoiler

GPbSX9Q.pngW8C9W1I.pngt7vV2Me.png7VH3XZ1.png

You know, seeing Vigarde, I have to wonder how far DK/Lyon/etc. go in keeping up the illusion of him being alive. Do they have him eat, or even sleep? Maybe they just leave him in a room standing there all night.

t4FAM8e.pngEopPBAr.pngcn799Xj.pngaXBskgt.png

So I have to wonder, since this didn't actually happen, did Grado go in and do this after we left? Or are they just making stuff up cause they know Glen won't actually verify this. Granted, either way if anyone actually tried to verify this claim it'd probably point right to Grado anyways.

SsFIeOG.pngjSyGufJ.png5OniISD.pngrb10EgJ.png

I know it's just the game engine, but I like to imagine Glen, Cormag and Valter just ride their wyverns around in the capital all the time.

kUFJpJW.pnguuC25nf.pnggJAU2Da.png3npPJwP.png

Hi Cormag! Too bad you don't have green hair though.

IHvc0Ts.png8t88SSa.png86Gttve.pngE9GYPjx.png

OpBepab.pngK34AnR1.png4t9G2E3.pnga8OXVxK.png

I wonder how old she was at the time to be getting called a "woman" of great kindness. Granted I don't actually know how old Eirika/Ephraim are even in the present.

iz7Gawf.png2iQN8aq.pngKWfhJdV.pngF4j7TvI.png

JDnTNzA.pngNetPkke.pngrHAjI9g.pngoTA57o3.png

Does Valter just stalk everyone through the halls, waiting for them to mention Eirika at all just so he can get in on the conversation?

rESpc3g.pngknH3bbn.pngjkBrEAw.pngo7Wclnk.png

HQGxlcr.pngDhDV0qn.pngkMiTpPi.pngOAnX6Al.png

At least this hack doesn't magically bring in Narcian to interact with Valter. Though on second thought that could be fun...

FMRjBIT.pngRAbji10.pnghab9O1Y.pngJbtkX8K.png

Except when they've done well? I mean Selena was half of the lead on destroying Frelia's stone. Have they actually been failing at anything...yet?

ojbkyUI.pngBpceH6o.pngpX3Z8x8.pngdcBOEms.png

I mean they're riding their wyverns already...

MnD3oN1.pngk2R9sgc.png8gRtlpE.pngRcUcgt8.png

yf6br00.png

And with that, we move over to Carcino town. And one major plot difference for this chapter...

C7DN84F.pngCPyAU6s.pngZOLzDId.pngpHUO3LW.png

So you'll see when we get to the map, but Ced's not in the fort like Innes is. Or on the map at all for that matter.

1BrpnwH.pngcJfLvpQ.pngnBjCIPi.pngtqJczoR.png

ItlPmHE.pngYFGtmUh.pngklVJYPg.pngZA1DkZI.png

Pssh, Klimt would be such a massive help on this chapter. It's such a shame his hair isn't green so I can't recruit him...

Back to Eirika and co coming in...

p7lXpRi.pngQFrWgG1.pngvRIAiKO.pngrWvhEJs.png

Sothe you're a terrible scout, but that's not surprising cause your speed sucks (for what I need it for anyways).

Olbm3Eo.png

So like I mentioned, Ced's not actually in the fort. This map doesn't look too bad at first, it's more reinforcements that come later I'm scared of. They're triggered by moving beyond a certain point of the map though, so my strategy is going to be taking it really slow to thin out everyone who's approaching now, then trigger the reinforcements once they've been dealt with.

YLX74vJ.png

So those 10 leadership stars look terrifying, don't they? Thankfully, Pablo actually leaves after the first turn. This map would be much, much more difficult if he stayed.

Also there's one other very notable figure on this map here:

oY8G9hA.pngc5KOws5.pngDmyM9Ig.png

Say hi to our friend Gromell! Why is he here? I have no idea. Why is he a Sage? I also have no idea. He'll advance towards us from the start, but he only has Eclipse so he isn't...too dangerous? Especially since he always seems to go last.

The stat-boosting rings aren't stealable, in case anyone was wondering. I could take his elixirs, y'know, if Sothe had the speed to. Oh, he also has resolve, which just makes him annoying to kill when he's run out of Eclipse, especially combined with him having Elixirs.

Epphv8I.png

Last thing of note for now is that the Priest here has a Sleep staff, which I'd love to steal but it'll probably get used a bit before I can reach him.

So let's start this fun time now.

RMX82Xy.pngrVDLLSo.png

I don't wanna risk anything for that brief time where the enemies are super leadership boosted, and I couldn't remember if Pablo left at the start of end of their turn.

ZZitYGt.pnguh7Oqdl.pngvWkaeiZ.pngc8Ge6zU.png

This is the new bosses' portrait, though it wasn't even originally used for this conversation.

UB3FqZm.pngGOvske4.png7HeFyA7.png7orKGhr.png

I'm really good at this splitting up of text thing, though I found this at least a tiny bit amusing.

DPKQhaq.pngNIS7JBd.pngKiaMFxI.pngKj1CdiW.png

XUBELwc.png

Klimt would wreck you in a fight Pablo, don't kid yourself.

NfFyAXf.pngZ4YQeUG.pngNvcl567.pngRzCTovi.png

Wolt's the only one to see any action this enemy phase.

9FUe49m.png

Brigand reinforcements also start spawning on the mountains. Whenever this happens I keep wanting to double check to see if there's any villages in this chapter.

0IfUatq.png

Because I must steal anything and everything I can.

JDaREDk.pngcxm8Qik.png

Replacement boss, who doesn't even get a name or fun description. Also, because Sothe sucks (and boss rolled good speed HM bonus), guess what I don't get to steal! The danged Vantage manual. Which really sucks cause that's such a good skill for some people. In fact, it's part of a combination that can completely break Ephraim or Ced in this game (Resolve, Wrath and Vantage).

PXkuiMF.pngUiqpIXU.pngA9qXboI.png

Back to the action we go, and Wolt takes a hit.

YqklGMl.png88gAth7.png69N5F9Q.png

Trading the Slim Lance and I get what I want out of it! Y'know, except realizing that it wouldn't be enough to kill, but only after I made the trade of course.

kZa1Wwu.pngyL8zsqX.pngwMYmf4g.png

Eirika finishes him while Elincia and Raigh take care of the Mages.

QmTgEPN.pngSBl0WSP.pngvmJizFU.png

One of these was a crit, I don't remember which.

pj4D0Uw.png9JbWnT4.pngFOsvD4B.png

Whenever I get a bunch of low% crits, I just wish instead those RNs had been used for level ups.

Fo1yYUy.pngY75nQUo.png

Enemies continue their advance, and I also remember this archer down here doesn't actually move.

DadVao5.pngdRlOPEE.png4Sfpfwu.png

So far so good, nothing too difficult yet.

qjhxCVS.png

Ooh, hadn't noticed him before. I should kill him before he can switch weapons!

Ve0TfiX.pngpUgTmba.pngK63XSMH.pngS1AYZz6.png

Eirika fails to so Elincia finishes the job.

OG6W9Ox.pngV2MF3uF.pngCcYBXWG.pngpHl0sSB.png

I guess that kinda makes up for it.

5BiMKwz.png

Eh, I'll take the defense, and it's not like more dodge is bad or anything.

VWvXCxw.pngG5qPwxl.pngyLcpVmu.pngdEHNI2G.png

Oh boy he's in range! I just used his PoR quote for the battle quote. Random thing regarding the Sages in this game though: generics, Ced, Aion and Gromell all use the FE7/8 sprite, while Lugh, Asvel and I believe Pablo all use the FE6 one. I kinda like the variety I guess.

Nhw42i1.pngLyjNUE1.png5RN3SGG.png

Lotsin retrieves the Killer Axe while we set up a defensive position here.

geqSP5E.png0vATcxg.png3QrYfs3.pngddZVew6.png

It's like that Myrmidon is trying to dab badly or something...

xMqyGrP.pngLQAdPcW.pngXiE8uZF.png

rhjOlI0.pngMlqngOv.pngAWKZhtl.png

Very nice level for Sain, getting stats he really needs. I'm still glad the strong cavs are going well for me so far.

TPJr1mt.pngmGHVMpb.pngjH3vp4t.png82yZEQb.png

Glad for those defense levels Raigh's been getting so far.

xKRCAQI.pngFh0XHDt.png

I'm also very relieved that Gromell always goes last.

MmZy3RE.pngMx55ho7.png4byNzma.pngb4kS6LM.png

Mostly just maintaining position, and getting Bors the Axereaver equipped.

4pkCdQZ.pngL0SCRld.png

Doing pretty well so far, not super worried about the Brigands.

aU2TgU7.png3BBgwev.png62vEWD4.pngYvZ2SQ8.png

Sain putting in work in the forest down there, glad he's been getting speed too.

HQoParO.pngwh0c0NC.pngtxx8Duw.png

Raigh finally gets magic again! At this point I really want this run to be successful cause my levels are actually good.

sYuEIAw.pngc3pc7xi.png8e2Lx1G.png1864cWR.png

Raigh's also tired of that Eclipse shenanigans.

oGctLJF.pngaLiEeJ6.pngPQC4I4K.png

9MJKXjh.pngk8af6sX.pngvWkoeID.pngBQdwoDS.png

Sorry if this part's a little slow, like I said I'm playing suuuper careful here cause I don't wanna trigger the reinforcements yet.

KppKiQO.pngFRUUg9Z.pngxfgKlYY.png

Lotsin does not appreciate being hit like that.

Pi2BUkA.pngrITLvLa.pngiPSaQ3Z.png

Hey, I'll take more movement on a Cavalier, yes please!

uokZ6ey.pngiKiEUqy.pngouteR19.png

Bors don't give no dams...I'm sorry.

AdsuY9a.pngV6y0IXr.pngdxwkL9M.pngVnt6oV4.png

Raigh with the low crits, man. Meanwhile Sain finally takes a hit too.

rCzGstt.png27Dgu3W.pngByNs3D9.png

Safy remains the only one who can consistently get both magic AND strength.

aG89tFY.png

Finally looking a little thinned out now.

PAGZLmV.pngO15p3nJ.png

I always like how Fighters just kinda fly there after deleting something.

9Cw68ck.pnginBmLSR.pngcShOvh0.png

N-D

rp9eTTK.pngeac5Mjp.png46cgRRI.png

Wolt finally gets strength too! He's now only one point away from capping magic too. Also I feel like I should tell you guys ever since Sain's second level here I'd been singing the unit's names to try to get better level ups. So far it's been working.

wKiNC4l.pngTL3wLvZ.png4RPqGmF.png

Safy heals her good friend Sain while Pugi continues the good work. I'm gonna need to Hammerne that thing soon.

YeYsRsg.pngQAwB18R.pngeQcOqS6.png

I love having a tanky magic user.

tPlzMhB.png47rAqAT.pngQS5yglx.png

Wolt's magic is definitely high enough to sometimes get use out of the Bownerary now.

ryU4MTL.pngGROmUyS.pngiYGwp6V.png

Gromell is still the worst of punks.

Jdy7UMb.png3EGrQ97.pngJ9s0btm.pngOtxvo35.png

Pretty much just the Brigands left, though one of them on the bottom ran away to a fort to get healed.

Gz9oiM0.pngqQLAnYX.pngzUDg5Pc.pngPX7IAjf.png

So science has recently discovered that ten uses of Eclipse on an enemy is really obnoxious!

KdN11RS.pngJUy0swp.pngrzpoDxx.png

Almost done this part...

Uq8Oi0y.png3Q6wvlU.pngeVFilVQ.pngwt08chG.png

Eirika finally taking a hit is actually a little scary...

gKeZUiw.png

However she gets a nice level out of it. Looks like her strength blessing is starting to run thin though.

ATz9Daf.png

You know, I don't know why I really screen capped all of these, but Gromell really doesn't like Safy right now.

bxQEZNK.pngBBxtsOO.pngTfYmNh7.pngYi4hM8x.png

Is Bors' chin so awesome that it's just blindingly bright?

auXZrKP.pngwewvyn8.png

This soldier conversation that I uh...didn't have anything translated or written for, is the indicator that the reinforcements are starting.

h9J8JIk.png7YxcLJB.pngrXzYLXh.pngPEwSLMM.png
mR3aN1m.png

Did get that one though! Too bad Klimt is most likely unarmed right now.

UtI1sdf.pngxeVrsG2.pnggbjpno8.png

Here's where things get very scary.

MyLcbPe.pngQnL6kcb.png

The Falcoknight can double pretty much everyone who isn't Elincia, and I think technically Eirika now.

NiScO0L.png

Pretty much all the pegs have Slim Lances, which is both a blessing and a curse. Also this one has a Spirit Dust I'm going to try (and probably fail) to steal.

7gTritR.pngDKn1VAD.png

Elincia starts taking out the northern pegs, as they're no threat to her at all.

dYcSamJ.pngdhk3XPU.pngyYOuykE.png668doJ0.png

Everyone takes some pot shots at Gromell for xp. Lotsin unfortunately misses when a hit would get him a level.

8SyVIAh.pngJnm6tpe.pngQ9SCxxU.png
URbThqe.pngFyFCW7A.png

I like how Elincia crit with her 3 while neither of them did with their 66s.

ZxUULnH.png

Not bad, she also knows how to get strength!

dJMaB4b.pngWGRtM5C.pngRdlulhv.png

Clearing out who I can before they get here.

jqI8x4l.png

...Now I REALLY need to not reset this run.

NjH8VJg.pngZICyMfW.png

Dang it, Lotsin doesn't want that level. Especially since I think 1 speed at this point would be enough to have him not get doubled by the FK

aAX0VXY.png 

Safy finally doesn't get strength, but I'm happy to see her magic's consistent.

zGxnXyn.pngdXmH9UI.png

Elincia does it again!

VL20qhF.pngGBdkS2W.png7YHYjWg.png

Here is where things get scary though.

639nV7Y.png

This turn I think I took like 20 minutes trying to think over, cause I reaaaallly didn't wanna lose this run. The Falcoknight can kill or seriously hurt most people, and the pegs are somewhat of a threat too. The Ranger can also double many people for hefty damage.

04fLCZs.png

I decide to take a giant risk to go for gold to start this off.

V5KYexQ.png

And spectacular failure. At this point I'm almost convinced someone will die.

rcr4fYi.png

And the fun never ends!

s7XzBCn.pngvp9M6qa.png

Eirika takes out one of the cavs and of course gets hit for it.

oxYu0fC.png

Sothe doesn't crit the Ranger, of course.

iqTSJQ4.pngXhZvYeY.pngHWImiS3.png

Raigh takes out the other cav while Bors grabs the Slim Lance.

XIGkcv8.png

Lance grabs Wolt and runs to the forest, where Elincia drops him before going above Sain. Sothe (with A Eirika in range) and Lotsin block the stairs.

no3qFYW.pngDUnxUDb.png

Safy heals and hides behind Eirika and we move to scary enemy phase time, but I think I've got things as safe as I can.

dqfL3cK.pngH3oQTih.png

Phew, and Lotsin gets...an unhelpful level for the current times.

B5cNqkX.pngegYkdvd.png

These dodges are very relieving though.

tfvK6BW.pngcotyLzb.png

Ow, though that's much better than a 12 damage Soldier crit.

U0gGsZ8.pngaI07nbk.pngSpk4Ot5.pngpokp0Aw.png
OlUsgU3.png

All the pegs just throw themselves at Elincia, RIP Spirit Dust though.

QnP8QFs.png

Wolt gets doubled and barely survives!

xhxTA0z.pnghx0yJFq.png

The Ranger hits Sothe, and the Priest is finally in range to make Lance go to sleep. However, we survived the turn!

ArdtZMB.pngTMEkMl0.pngVkBnl52.png

Wolt at least hits with the Short Bow. Unfortunately, Gromell moved next to the Falco so I can't just surround her, meaning she has to die this turn.

VHUQ0XX.pngPjV4oEr.png

Bors hits but doesn't crit...

5KHpiMk.pngBiYYqzP.png80N9GuP.png

Oh no...

UI22b6C.pngxoX26xa.png

THANK YOU LOTSIN! THANK YOU!

uI9QHAT.png

Sain takes out a Myrmidon, but we do still have the Ranger to deal with. It takes me a while to find a solution, but...

S5vQHqt.png

Raigh takes out the cav and takes a spot on the stairs, while...

pAjy7Mu.png3WAdHa7.png

Sothe takes his vulnerary, uses it, and also takes his Flux tome. That's because Raigh is still getting weighed down by 1, and if he isn't weighed down, he has just enough AS to not get doubled by the Ranger! I have to wonder how Sothe convinced him to do this though...

lwQjc2U.pngi4wEjx3.png

And so we're on to enemy phase again, and Eirika is once again in Sothe's range to help him survive.

wXwcfww.pngQgi85xU.png06CGiTu.png6Hc0o31.png

No doubling means they're both safe! From here we're far past the worst of it.

wAPwlgA.pngQzJB8Zb.png

Eirika ends the Ranger with a well placed crit.

CQABUYy.png

Well, I'll definitely take more defense on her.

LlbJqt9.pngfBbjFGj.pngsYebuy4.png

Hey, that one Sleep might come in handy!

WoeiHQF.png

I'm fine with this, you're still doing awesome Bors.

Miwo1AI.png1KAThsv.png5Knz0Yi.png3CjfWbA.png

Let's stop ignoring Gromell now.

sY6mN47.pngmwVNh5m.pngi2X7XNO.pngVfEl0l2.png

Now his Resolve has procced, so it'll be a lot more annoying to kill him.

eAbXsK2.pngX2lN2ZG.pngvqzF5eS.png

We end up getting all three of the Priest's staves.

86WZGAl.png

Good stuff Safy! She'll probably be one of the first promoted over here.

ErBtsbf.png

So about him being harder to kill, not so much if Lotsin just Pugi crits him!

ftQaQda.pngq26tdCK.pngevIL6sS.pngBO7qFEM.png

Mostly just his PoR quote again...

74VEyYN.png

Don't worry 'bout that last part. Not at all. That was totally there in PoR.

7XE8CpP.png

Lotsin gets a great level out of it too, well deserved sir!

KN8zJVL.pngPJIO8CG.pngk76NkXY.png

I forgot about the Archer over there.

aToZ7Ak.png2uNrxnR.pngH5SUrKV.pngsRGghFc.png

Trying to get as much XP as I can out of these guys since a bunch of people are close to levels.

9mErYW1.pngFwcPVrm.png

Oh right there's ballistae.

xuaGnzx.png

RIP good levels.

8HVr8LB.pngNFVi5tO.png2zaRg3c.png

Or not, very happy with that one Wolt! Also, I realized I forgot to cap his level 20 level up, but he only got magic (which was enough to cap it).

aDjCeRz.png9pFL92P.png6btBTJg.pngTMxHfpY.png

Almost forgot about the Red Gem, glad I didn't!

sNmEISN.png

Raigh's back to doing fantastic, and getting magic! Hopefully Lugh takes after him when we get back to Ephraim. Raigh also should be one of my first promotions, especially since he makes Carlyle much more manageable.

A7ibzxe.pnghkGakcq.png1BpN9Tt.pngqckTdqS.png

Nothing really scary out of enemy phase.

Yfb2tRn.pngeEniVyh.pngUPubO2O.png

...Well, I guess he needed one.

83H3J9L.png

Ooh that'll be handy!

7POh1rJ.pngWW26v6q.png

I only really brought Lance to help Bors out with their B support. He's probably getting benched real soon.

2DMfBPB.png

I mean, at least Eirika can use the magic once she promotes...

aWxko9O.pngK6zRbl2.pngJR6g2QM.png

Elincia can take care of the boss just fine, but I think I'll try to get Eirika the kill.

ozxHuy7.pngbz45o76.pngGkT4xVa.png

Pretty good! Happy Elincia's remaining very good. I can't state enough how amazingly helpful she's been so far.

K1mZ7xl.pngie2rFPM.png

Also, Lot's capped speed, and Wolt has capped magic. Sain and Safy hit B as well.

tOWEESA.png

Safy's consistency in getting strength and magic is really amusing, though Lugh might beat her HP at this point.

0BSDnpG.png

May as well try, right?

wi9RwL9.png

He hit! Good job, Wolt!

BwM2aw1.pngkihrI0U.pngEDD2hvD.png

He doesn't even have a death quote. Poor Sellsword boss.

KoQ6dig.png

The usuals for Eirika to end it off.

uNyoLIh.pngMSqg16P.png

First, we have an inventory dumping party as everyone throws their whole inventory in to the convoy, cause Ephraim's people can now access that. In addition, it'll save your stuff from Chapter 12 Eirika potentially making you lose some of it.

FaFseQ3.pngRLQtZgk.pnggzpaUHY.png

Oh no it's Valter again! Boy he got here quickly.

HOfRef7.png

I mean she WAS the one getting strength for a while. Not so much anymore though.

PFlh7ym.pngd4ZJG4h.pngtVCuAQH.png

K thx bye.

Ld2JLKI.pngShtoB2P.pngc06VFjq.png

To be fair, I don't know how I did this without a reset either. Especially after Wolt missed the falco.

0u0IuA4.png6ZJv7oR.pnguCfG3uh.png

I'm not sure, but I feel like I could almost...just almost make an argument that Pablo's hair is more green than hers.

HeNNW8v.pngdr8q6XD.png53Hlmaa.png
9f8LPAk.pngp96lmiw.png8Rk6D4D.png
NjPVZHo.pngDQfmswa.png

Well this certainly takes a slightly different turn than vanilla SS, I like it though. So Eirika's party gets captured here.

vANfcCP.pngJv4Q3tX.png

Except Sothe. Granted I don't believe he should have been fast enough to escape but we'll let that slide for now.

With that, we're done with Eirika 10 and will move on to Ephraim's route for a bit. Four chapters to be precise, so it'll be a little while before we check in with Eirika and co again. I'm sure Pablo hosts a mean party though so I'm sure they'll be fine.
Again, I'm kinda shocked I got through this chapter with no resets, very happy though especially with all the good level ups. As usual, thanks for reading and replying! If I don't have an update before then, have a merry Christmas/happy holidays and all!

Overall Reset Count: 3

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

Eirika - 1

3 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

rb10EgJ.png

I know it's just the game engine, but I like to imagine Glen, Cormag and Valter just ride their wyverns around in the capital all the time.

Wouldn't you?

I wonder how old she was at the time to be getting called a "woman" of great kindness. Granted I don't actually know how old Eirika/Ephraim are even in the present.

Maybe he considers her mature for her age. It's also not that long ago that Grado hadn't gone crazy, so it could have been in the last year. Glen was a general of Grado before the events of SS after all.

Does Valter just stalk everyone through the halls, waiting for them to mention Eirika at all just so he can get in on the conversation?

I'm finding the idea of Valter climbing on rafters atop his wyvern while snooping on conversations funnier than I should.

YLX74vJ.png

So those 10 leadership stars look terrifying, don't they? Thankfully, Pablo actually leaves after the first turn. This map would be much, much more difficult if he stayed.

He has 10? Pablo of all people? Really?

JDaREDk.pngcxm8Qik.png

Replacement boss, who doesn't even get a name or fun description. Also, because Sothe sucks (and boss rolled good speed HM bonus), guess what I don't get to steal! The danged Vantage manual. Which really sucks cause that's such a good skill for some people. In fact, it's part of a combination that can completely break Ephraim or Ced in this game (Resolve, Wrath and Vantage).

Well that sucks. It also sucks Vantage and Wrath can work together, sounds like something this game will do.

4 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

txx8Duw.png

Raigh finally gets magic again! At this point I really want this run to be successful cause my levels are actually good.

sNmEISN.png

Raigh's back to doing fantastic, and getting magic! Hopefully Lugh takes after him when we get back to Ephraim. Raigh also should be one of my first promotions, especially since he makes Carlyle much more manageable.

Well this is all and good to see, though is Raigh good mainly because he'd have a Wind Edge?

iPSaQ3Z.png

Hey, I'll take more movement on a Cavalier, yes please!

He'll get at least 10 move on promotion. The horse must have decided it wanted to be useful.

First, we have an inventory dumping party as everyone throws their whole inventory in to the convoy, cause Ephraim's people can now access that. In addition, it'll save your stuff from Chapter 12 Eirika potentially making you lose some of it.

Wait, what? Why-

Well this certainly takes a slightly different turn than vanilla SS, I like it though. So Eirika's party gets captured here.

Well there's the answer. How will this link up with the next two chapters on Eirika's route then?

Ah, chapter 10-Eirika. This is where the madness started for me as well.

First of all, I can confirm that Pablo leaves at the end of turn 1, because I distinctly remember trying to battle the leadership-boosted enemies in enemy phase and getting almost destroyed.

Secondly, dat luck. I was unable to get past the promoted reinforcements without rigging.

Thirdly, it would've probably helped your chances if you killed Gromell before they could reach you. He does have a leadership star, and this IS something to keep in mind for future chapters. He only has Eclipse in his Sage incarnations anyway.

Yes, incarnations, plural.

Yes, he has other forms.

Finally, Sothe is a slow bastard for me too: I had to rig speed levels from arena (DO NOT DO ARENA IF YOU'RE PLAYING HARD MODE BTW) to steal that Vantage manual, and I just gave up on the Spirit Dust for already explained reasons.

I could answer Dayni's question about how the story reconnects, but I'm bad at forums and don't know how to do the spoiler thing.

Although I did already spoil some Gromell stuff...

Edited by ShadowYoshi

On 14/12/2018 at 4:48 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Him and Lotsin are both quite in that running, though I really can't undersell Elincia either. The twins have also been incredibly useful, especially with the Bolting in chapter 8, but not I'm not sure if as much as those three.

Ah, I knew I did well to throw the Lotsin sprite your way. Orsin would never have been able to do quite as well!

RNG blessed Garo and Lee incoming?

Hah, perhaps. We'll have to see... but, I digress, this is neither here nor then.

I love how in the first one you grabbed, he's freaking out over seeing generic NPC Fighter. And yeah, you really just can't say enough how much of a jobber Jahn is.

Poor Jahn. Didn't get any love at all, neither by the players, nor the devs. I insist that he reeks of last-minute addition.

Oh, Klimt isn't a playable character, he doesn't have green hair!

What does that matter, again?

You know, seeing Vigarde, I have to wonder how far DK/Lyon/etc. go in keeping up the illusion of him being alive. Do they have him eat, or even sleep? Maybe they just leave him in a room standing there all night.

Well, Lyon did have him leave the room. In Ephraim's route, there's a scene where Vigarde and Lyon are heading out, God knows where to, and Duessel stops them to question their orders. So he definitely has him go to bed, at least. Anything else is anyone's guess.

oY8G9hA.pngc5KOws5.pngDmyM9Ig.png

Say hi to our friend Gromell! Why is he here? I have no idea. Why is he a Sage? I also have no idea.

I have no idea!

Hey, at least you had more ideas than I did. I didn't even know who this buffoon was, or that he was popular at all, or that he got a Cipher card while Arran got jack shit and I'm not bitter, I'm not bitter, it's just some meme got a cipher card before one of my top 3 Archanea characters...!

JDaREDk.pngcxm8Qik.png

Replacement boss, who doesn't even get a name or fun description.

That's not even an original sprite, it's, if I recall correctly, an unused bandit sprite that could be found in the base game.

Random thing regarding the Sages in this game though: generics, Ced, Aion and Gromell all use the FE7/8 sprite, while Lugh, Asvel and I believe Pablo all use the FE6 one. I kinda like the variety I guess.

It's a cool detail, it seems like the characters from older games got the older sprite while the ones from new--

Ced uses the FE7/8 sprite

Pablo uses the FE8 one.

...okay, maybe it's just the kids that got the--

Pablo

...it's completely random, isn't it?

jqI8x4l.png

...Now I REALLY need to not reset this run

This made me feel a little fearful for the future. I know what it is to lose this kind of level...

639nV7Y.png

This turn I think I took like 20 minutes trying to think over, cause I reaaaallly didn't wanna lose this run. The Falcoknight can kill or seriously hurt most people, and the pegs are somewhat of a threat too. The Ranger can also double many people for hefty damage.

This is one of those situations where doing an ironman isn't so bad. Best to sacrifice some scrubby unit than to have to screw everyone else over.

Of course, if this was an ironman, the scrubs would be the only ones not to die, because FE hates you.

H3oQTih.png

Phew, and Lotsin gets...an unhelpful level for the current times.

D'aww... don't slack off, Lotsin!

xoX26xa.png

THANK YOU LOTSIN! THANK YOU!

Scratch that, you're still the game-carrying juggernaut that I came to love.

74VEyYN.png

Don't worry 'bout that last part. Not at all. That was totally there in PoR.

7XE8CpP.png

Lotsin gets a great level out of it too, well deserved sir!

Yep, definitely still got it. Also, that thing about Gromell? Now that's believable. What, is he going to be this game's Morgan or something?

sNmEISN.png

Aw, yeah, all my favs are doing well. You and I both know I was not able to do this kid justice in my own run...

K1mZ7xl.pngie2rFPM.png

Also, Lot's capped speed, and Wolt has capped magic. Sain and Safy hit B as well.

Dem stats! His defense is lower than I'm used to for Lot, but eh, he's getting there.

tVCuAQH.png

K thx bye.

Did this happen in the game, too? He just sorta left? It's been a while since I last played Eirika's route.

uCfG3uh.png

I'm not sure, but I feel like I could almost...just almost make an argument that Pablo's hair is more green than hers.

Almost? It is greener than hers! It's teal, whereas Eirika's a pure blue!

NjPVZHo.pngDQfmswa.png

vANfcCP.pngJv4Q3tX.png

Except Sothe. Granted I don't believe he should have been fast enough to escape but we'll let that slide for now.

...the disrespect for Eirika is real, isn't it? Damn...

Well, with any luck she'll redeem herself by not handing over stones to demons this time around.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

@Saint Rubenio Does this help the bitter?

Oh, damned wiki... I should've known it was lying to me with the lack of cipher images!

I had no idea he had a card for so long. It's about as awesome as I hoped it'd be. Thanks, now I feel a lot better. 

...incidentally, can I just say I love that the friggin' Reaper is just kinda hanging out above him? 'Cause I love that.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, damned wiki... I should've known it was lying to me with the lack of cipher images!

I had no idea he had a card for so long. It's about as awesome as I hoped it'd be. Thanks, now I feel a lot better. 

...incidentally, can I just say I love that the friggin' Reaper is just kinda hanging out above him? 'Cause I love that.

Usually the Serenes Cipher Wiki doesn't update images or translations until after the set comes out now, what with the lack of card numbers on the reveals. Wish they didn't, it gets really annoying sometimes...anyways, Arran just dropped in the latest set, which only came out like a week ago, but he's still more available than Gromell, who's a Promotional card and thus really annoying to find even though he is a Tournament Promo. He's not...amazing, but at least his art looks epic and he's still better than Gromell, even with only 10 Support.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:56 PM, ShadowYoshi said:

I booted the game up yesterday, and this is slightly inaccurate, as it turns out. Vigarde actually has 6 stars, not 5. So the total is actually worse than I made it out to be: 50% hit/avo on every enemy until the recruitable guy is recruited.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time! Also, Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day (I'm in Canada at the moment) to all of you!

This update took a bit longer than I expected it to. There was a lot more text than I thought there'd be, I had a few original scenes I wanted to do and changed some pre-existing ones up, did some hacking for Fee, and I was slow playing the chapter. Just so you guys know, anytime there's a scene that's not quite a copy-paste from vanilla SS or it involves a character or situation not from the original game, I'm doing at least some (if not entirely) original writing for it. Sometimes I'll throw what's there in google translate to get a vague idea and that can help, but it's not always entirely helpful, or all the original author did was name change and I wanna do more.

It's fun this way just a little more work, and I hope when I do end up writing things it's at least okay enough to be passable and you guys enjoy it!

Also two things regarding the last few chapters:

1. I completely forgot about the Shield Ring last chapter. You know, that handy item that boosts someone's defense by 5 when holding it? Yeah, that would have been helpful in what turned out to be a quite difficult and stressful chapter.

2. Karin's movement growth! It's 2%.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:48 AM, Dayni said:

Wouldn't you?

Probably.

I'm finding the idea of Valter climbing on rafters atop his wyvern while snooping on conversations funnier than I should.

It is a really funny mental picture, and now I feel like every time I see Valter I'm just gonna imagine that.

He has 10? Pablo of all people? Really?

Strangely (and thankfully) enough when you fight him again I think he only has like...two or something. So really it's only here as a scare tactic for that first turn it feels like.

Well that sucks. It also sucks Vantage and Wrath can work together, sounds like something this game will do.

Thankfully enemies outside of bosses don't tend to have skills very often, at least as far as I'd gotten in my other HM Run.

Well this is all and good to see, though is Raigh good mainly because he'd have a Wind Edge?

Yeah, Carlyle has a Wind Sword and good enough stats to wreck most of your physical units in both melee and range. Raigh and Safy (especially if she went Bishop for Dark Magic) are usually your best bets to take him on and he may not be able to hurt them if their magic is really good (or boosted with barrier/water), yet even then I remember in my first playthrough just waiting for Raigh to hit a few 40% hits in a row.

He'll get at least 10 move on promotion. The horse must have decided it wanted to be useful.

Sain's horse, the real unsung hero, mostly because it has to put up with Sain more than anybody else.

Wait, what? Why-

I misspoke in what you quoted here, meant to say Chapter 11 Eirika is where you might lose your stuff, since it's the chapter immediately after Eirika was last captured on her end.

Well there's the answer. How will this link up with the next two chapters on Eirika's route then?

Well Sothe did escape after all.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:42 AM, ShadowYoshi said:

Finally, Sothe is a slow bastard for me too: I had to rig speed levels from arena (DO NOT DO ARENA IF YOU'RE PLAYING HARD MODE BTW) to steal that Vantage manual, and I just gave up on the Spirit Dust for already explained reasons.

Never tried it and probably won't at all for this LP. While I'll definitely boss abuse and abuse attack xp as much as possible, I'm not gonna use the arena or tower to grind at all unless it's absolutely necessary to pass a chapter, which I don't see happening. Still, it's slightly comforting knowing Sothe isn't just a jerk to me too.

Thirdly, it would've probably helped your chances if you killed Gromell before they could reach you. He does have a leadership star, and this IS something to keep in mind for future chapters. He only has Eclipse in his Sage incarnations anyway.

True, I was just impatient there and I should have waited to see if he'd move closer to me. Also killing him can sometimes take a while.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:01 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, I knew I did well to throw the Lotsin sprite your way. Orsin would never have been able to do quite as well!

Thanks again! It always make me smile and laugh seeing Lotsin as part of this thing now. I'm still proud of his description too.

What does that matter, again?

Touché.

Hey, at least you had more ideas than I did. I didn't even know who this buffoon was, or that he was popular at all, or that he got a Cipher card while Arran got jack shit and I'm not bitter, I'm not bitter, it's just some meme got a cipher card before one of my top 3 Archanea characters...!

I'm not sure why he's a meme either, he was kind of a joke in NM PoR anyways, but I've heard he can be kind of difficult on HM?

That's not even an original sprite, it's, if I recall correctly, an unused bandit sprite that could be found in the base game.

I feel like I knew this at one point and then forgot. Thanks for the info though! I like learning things like this.

It's a cool detail, it seems like the characters from older games got the older sprite while the ones from new--

...okay, maybe it's just the kids that got the--

...it's completely random, isn't it?

I mean I think you're mostly right with it being the kids who got the FE6 one for the most part, perhaps Pablo just got it so some enemy would. It's still weird since Pablo's normally in the game anyways, but I dunno.

This made me feel a little fearful for the future. I know what it is to lose this kind of level...

Oh I was terrified, especially with how the rest of the chapter went.

This is one of those situations where doing an ironman isn't so bad. Best to sacrifice some scrubby unit than to have to screw everyone else over.

Lance would have been the sacrifice, which is funny cause had this been an ironman he would have been the only one to actually die so far. He hasn't even contributed much somebody else couldn't do, heck Vanessa would have probably taken over his job for the most part and done better. Except in chapter 3 it would have made recruiting Raigh a bit more up to luck without Lance.

D'aww... don't slack off, Lotsin!

Scratch that, you're still the game-carrying juggernaut that I came to love.

He's being so gooood!

Yep, definitely still got it. Also, that thing about Gromell? Now that's believable. What, is he going to be this game's Morgan or something?

I guess sorta kinda?

Aw, yeah, all my favs are doing well. You and I both know I was not able to do this kid justice in my own run...

Glad I'm getting good use out of people you like!

Did this happen in the game, too? He just sorta left? It's been a while since I last played Eirika's route.

Believe so, I think I took the text from that scene (or just the whole scene in general) from vanilla SS.

Almost? It is greener than hers! It's teal, whereas Eirika's a pure blue!

Yeah...yeah you're right about that.

...the disrespect for Eirika is real, isn't it? Damn...

Well, with any luck she'll redeem herself by not handing over stones to demons this time around.

We'll see. I'm not actually sure if the route choice even picks which lord is your main after Chapter 15 or if it's always Ephraim.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:26 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Usually the Serenes Cipher Wiki doesn't update images or translations until after the set comes out now, what with the lack of card numbers on the reveals. Wish they didn't, it gets really annoying sometimes...anyways, Arran just dropped in the latest set, which only came out like a week ago, but he's still more available than Gromell, who's a Promotional card and thus really annoying to find even though he is a Tournament Promo. He's not...amazing, but at least his art looks epic and he's still better than Gromell, even with only 10 Support.

Glad to see you're back and reading/replying again!

With that, let's move on to the beginning of Ephraim's route! We'll be with him for the next four chapters before going back to Eirika!

Spoiler

First off, while still on the world map, we've got a few new recruits to look at:
MytGZik.png
Let's start with Cecilia, shall we?
2TRZIn3.pngET3VMDu.pngltb4We7.png
Growths: HP 60%, Str 70%, Mag 25%, Skl 45%, Spd 25%, Def 20%, Luck 25%, Mov 1%
Supports: Lowen, Sain, Ephraim

So...Cecilia, my second favorite character in the series. Let's be honest here, her stats in this game are for the most part complete and utter garbage. Her bases are barely better than in FE6, and her growths outside of strength aren't impressive at all. Her skill growth is okay but her base is horrendous, she'll be horribly slow and still pretty frail, and her strength base is low too! Even once her strength hits an acceptable level, sending her to melee things is likely to get her hurt against any meaningful enemy. She doesn't have any skills either.

Garbage stats aside however, she does get at least some utility. Her weapon ranks are all good, she cheats and can use both Light and Anima in addition to swords, and at the very least she's a mounted healer with a good staff rank, and can canto in and out for some chip damage here and there and to heal more safely.

Doesn't sound like a very appealing unit right? Well, in my opinion at least, she can turn into one of the most valuable units in the game. Take a look at her description again. She gains leadership stars as she levels, and is the only character in the game to do so. This isn't based on a growth rate either, it's fixed. She starts with one, and from that point on her leadership is equal to her level/4, so at level 8 she'll have 2, at 12 she'll have 3, up to a max of seven. SEVEN! That's far more than anyone else can get; almost everyone only gets 1-2 stars unless you're Aion who's a special snowflake and gets 4 for some reason.

Now you still have to level her for this, but she's in a great class to be pretty easily leveled as a mounted healer, as again she can canto in and out to either heal or chip something with more safety than non-horse people can. Promoted healing gives you 10+ xp per heal, in addition to the fact that she's the only healer at the start on Ephraim's route unless you promote Lugh by now. So when you put in the effort, Cecilia becomes an amazing boon to your team simply by existing on the field, and she'll still be giving decent utility here and there too. Sure her combat will almost always suck, but her leadership buffing makes her extremely useful and especially on HM helps counteract all the leadership enemies will get. So overall, I actually really like her gameplay design, she's guaranteed to be a fantastic help if you put the work into her (which isn't too difficult), but in a way that's different from most other FE units.

Next up we've got good ol' Lowen!
ECYd8NI.png48FGd8g.png95qFF41.png
Growths: HP 85%, Str 30%, Mag 30%, Skl 30%, Spd 30%, Def 45%, Luck 50%, Mov 2%
Supports: Cecilia, Rebecca, Kyle

Lowen's...okay I guess. He's supposed to be the tanky cav as per FE7, but Kyle joins earlier and probably fulfills that role better, though Lowen will have better mag/res and luck. He can turn out fine if used, he just joins a bit later than most other similar units, and doesn't have too much that makes him stand out. His support pool is also a bit limited. I probably won't be using him long term, but I'll take him along this chapter and throw him a few levels.

AYVtf3V.png
With that, I do a tiny bit of shopping for an Iron Bow then move on to the chapter itself
sdKTAi0.pngtf0SaZ3.pngdXFfWR4.pngL93SwnA.png
XS2evXB.pngcF1qzzR.pngxaoK0oR.png28JGrLX.png

So we actually do get the Selena and Duessel conversation, it was just split up among the routes. Kind of weird, but oh well.

lTm6KsF.pngBNcxraA.png0VeIf1N.pngX2zrKNN.png
u926jvA.pngbl04DYB.pngsffzUdU.pngU8eYxxF.png
Duessel's got guts, at the very least.
cvVDeJI.png0ZEMQyh.pngrj5vj5i.pngAbqmhF6.png
jbbBRbd.pnguVtOldn.pngRhft20l.pngnB9XHAC.png
I like Vigarde's constant referral to everything as "we" "us" "ours", throwing Lyon in even before we know or think he has much of anything to do with this.

Also, I do wonder how effective an approach it would have been had they made Vigarde actually come up with reasons to give him instead of just "shut up go away do it", kinda like how he gave Glen the half-baked "Eirika went and tore up Port Kiris so get get 'er!"
w25ooo6.pngywzYnHD.pngBrWYl2z.pngRJHV8mM.png
oCAMRZq.pngVqAOyLQ.pngTzznbTv.pngwDQ3PoB.png
S4P2MiC.pngo0R9a1x.pngFXe7vpy.png
Vigarde.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Cutting over to Ephraim and co:
soZZo66.pngfQuKeDW.pngB3NokFA.pngyLqm2dY.png
On this route, Cecilia's our Seth stand-in! Which reminds me, I forget if I mentioned it, but for some scenes that are either the same or barely changed, I've been using a vanilla FE8 run with a hacked Seth to save me from having to do as much changing on the Japanese text, which also saves space on the green ROM which is a little tight.
ev297tu.png
So yeah there's that.
QzdCO7C.pngKJgSVls.png2h8m0El.pngVL7LLj6.png
iWoT0y9.pngPnSXWtd.pngSxl0Xfv.pngCHKcRDO.png
pXcZYuQ.pngIlOSqSK.pngX1xAlB4.pngFHEJGEK.png
Again, Duessel's a pretty cool guy. For some reason I keep thinking he was better at axes in SS, but I'm probably wrong and I'm too lazy to go look it up.
eJuV8Qr.pngk6H0qeS.pngsOCtn0u.pngBsk11Qr.png
bTbWplY.pngofWMbBS.pngXMzUJCG.pngF0WUjQy.png
Heh...rushing the throne room, sparing enemies, good joke Ephraim.
7cp3rXS.pngKV1ry8I.png9g5cpvh.pngTzcOuor.png
68XlFu4.pngqqKUuA8.png
But wait, there's more!
TI7RijF.pngyG1fl7t.png
Say hello to our friend Fee, who's now all hacked in and ready to go! Figured I'd give her a joining conversation of some sort.
rkOv8FO.pngbREJpxk.pngXh0468x.png2895Gpo.png
AGZdTju.png9GdayFo.png
According to the script I read from FE4 that's her Pegasus, which would make it funny if I made her go Wyvern Knight...
gEz6Fm7.pngGlv1TMs.png4vnaav8.png
IwTu3wm.png2dcc67V.png
I do bet Ephraim was the trouble making, bold one of the two growing up, though I could be wrong on that.
NT1JCTA.png
Oh no we got spotted, stealth mission failed.
5Mv87sr.pngEaXGWUR.pngZHdHENL.pngGoma4L2.png
OunNePf.pnghTVkS1w.png5XCuMsO.pngDlHzmKY.png
Run man, run while you can.
a0d5qW7.pngPvehWsR.pngxnDa43g.pngUKQKYgp.png
Oh boy, it's everyone's favorite boss. I never really cared too much for Gheb, even if he was a big meme for a while.
WVXgbTl.pngHIPBUGN.png5uVKWb2.pnggqTA0s7.png
I can't wait to end this guy.
x2z2zye.pngy8tnjJ9.pngQaRapPU.pngJffeOdN.png
jH50Lb0.pngZUr5FzN.png
And here our Amelia replacement, we have...
kYlpr1O.pngqu9oiNX.png
Nino!
fBFyFMU.pngXepCAhR.pngi5vzBq0.pngXHwBtNx.png
by68uLy.pngNwt6vd9.pngLcfoENr.pngV5ITGFk.png
Gheb is still the worst.
upy51uH.pngFngyCxH.pngP2coTZq.png8Ly3MtZ.png
Z8iwSJ8.pngieJYNUI.png
You have to wonder how he even got to be a commander of an apparently important fort anyway. I mean Valter's pretty terrible but at least he's supposedly skilled.
9lJW8mN.png6LVtLGT.pngyXUsG1o.pngulG1Z5p.png
Poor random soldier man. Can you be recruitable too?
jERQrme.pngTk7uiPD.pnghsgQcK7.png
And with that, let's take a look at Fee!

GrCNDwn.png4akUBOE.pngRJS519M.pngbp3RdYe.png
Growths, done by me: HP 55%, Str 60%, Mag 40%, Skl 30%, Spd 45%, Def 25%, Luck 40%, Mov 4% (was already in there)
Supports: Ephraim, Eirika, Ced, Karin - these were all already there in the game.

Sort of on Ruben's suggestion and to differentiate her some from the other Pegs, I gave Fee a more strength based build. Her skill and defense will probably be on the lower end, with decent speed, magic and luck. I almost gave her Nullify (immune to effective weapons) since only Syrene has it later and she kinda sucks, but thought that might be a bit OP. Instead, she's got Adept, and while her speed probably won't be insane, when she does proc it it should hurt a lot.
I didn't want her to be overpowered to any degree since I hacked her in myself, but wanted her to be still competent and interesting to use. Since I went through the effort I think she'll be on the main team, though not sure which promotion I want her in yet. Also, her description was actually from the original translator, not me.

With that, here's the map!
Djo0TNv.png
Larger version of the FE8 map. It's not too difficult, but I go at it really slowly here just to be careful, and to squeeze as much xp out of it as I can to prepare for the upcoming chapters. Apologies if it goes a bit too slowly though.

The thief isn't hard to deal with since he immediately goes for the treasure, putting him in range of your ranged people, and Lugh can double him now. Some reinforcements do come from various points, but none are too bad to deal with.
Also guess who in the bottom corner!
k36WuEz.pngEsmYAlB.png
Yeah...this game has Gromell show up in different classes in many different maps, usually with Eclipse or Staves or something. I guess he's enough of a meme the author thought it'd be funny. He's again annoying, but less so in this chapter than the last.
mzAoxDP.pngPze0C0y.png
Gheb's a joke of a boss, and for such a "brilliant tactician" he doesn't even have any leadership stars. Means I get to take my time and savor the xp out of him.
m87OyeF.pngBuarf8I.pngXFjYRat.pngAz7dcAp.png
Nino's down there, we'll get to her write up once I recruit her. That other mage has a bolting that can reach me from the start, and this particular Shaman has Luna, which is scary cause nobody could survive a crit from it. Lastly, since we don't have Sothe, enemies here drop chest and door keys to accommodate us. Now let's get started!

ulIWZuN.pngW0hkIWe.pngEO1mBug.png
Gromell gets in a line as we start here that I decided to have a tiny bit of fun with.
fOHH1Dt.png
Also gave Fee the Shield Ring to help her leveling a bit. You know, that handy item I completely forgot about last chapter.
Gp3mvmy.pngqRFMNla.png9FOiEah.png
I could have tried to lure the mage into longbow range (I had to do it last playthrough cause I forgot the Bolting on Ilios), but I don't feel like it today.
PQWsR1Z.pngdpklumz.pngczDn7Zu.pnga2ow18i.png
Only Gromell and the Thief move up, and Rebecca starts to slowly chip away at this Myrmidon so I won't have to deal with him later.
gv0WrOa.pngDnAT4UZ.png
This might take a while. Ending here and just kinda waiting out Gromell's advance. Lugh's up top getting ready to get the Thief.
GsH7TOW.pngX64O0dT.png
I forgot Arden had Vantage for a moment as he crits this enemy Knight. You're no Bors Arden, but you can try your best!
iCtYCWO.pngoSJTE4n.png
The cavs are now following Gromell up, and the northern cavs are gonna be heading towards Lugh soon.
kKcYMMJ.png20IAY1A.pngdLohcBW.pngdgJ1RDM.png
Easy enough, no danger on the treasure now. Rebecca lands her first hit too. Alec and Arden are heading up to help Lugh in case he needs it.
TE0f356.pngvVRiRmT.pngxNcoB3p.png
So I guess all the Gromells pull from the same quote. Also there's Fee's palette I made!
IDbzxmX.png
His Troubadour knows what's up and just stays out of everything. I'll get to her eventually since she drops a Physic.
L9EzK8Z.pngNCBbBev.png
Lugh can one round most physical enemies on this map. Rebecca...not so much. Granted she's not really leveled.
JW5rqew.pngrZbAx7H.png9knbNFt.png
Kyle's Accost let's him one round this cav with four attacks. It is sometimes a really handy skill, it's just such a double edged sword.
pBeGDe3.pngnj2imjy.pngJn6HWF0.pngaVlrbfl.png
Ephraim helps Fee get her first kill!
X0AAA7w.pngjLetLaY.pngYyTN6ns.png
With how little HP he has, I'm glad Lugh can dodge. You know, I calculated his averages at one point after chapter 8 and while he's above on most things, he's -6 on HP I believe. Still, I'd take that over any other stat being that low.
bPFULs7.png
Good start, and he finally got magic again! I'll take the defense too! He's decided to try not letting his levels overtake his HP, sorry Ruben. There's still time though...
7g6sCTA.pngEmYnEgG.pngviwoa2Y.pngDMZA4q7.png
At least Rebecca's getting around 20xp per attack, and we start picking away at Gromell now too!
3SLRzkJ.pngfNsnMG5.png1n7DqSu.pngHcYacUB.png
I'm really glad that Archer didn't have a Longbow cause I forgot to check beforehand. Kyle's Accost also triggers again.
EYnQeTw.pngbH5wEPy.png
Didn't quite finish him though, and he uses an Elixir.
48J81bg.png8yySMnD.png
Well at least the strength might help this go faster. I'm probably still not using her full time but the levels should help out on Ephraim's route at least.
k6ibbeW.pngTJpqXRt.pngeWiTsVE.png
Well, that's probably what I should be expecting from her.
KxjY3h1.pngwzSjyav.pngvLcavPn.png
A little repetitive here, but getting good xp, and heal xp for Cecilia.
iusbnlT.png3Qn0A20.pngdp5uPVb.png
Sigh.
Axl88Ul.pngzTUd7H8.pngJu0Jew6.pngYUg4iKN.png
Getting there on the Myrmidon, and Lugh takes a hit killing the Archer.
Se09fPU.pnglLFphYO.pngjHli8mj.png
Not the best Ephraim, though you're still good for now at least.
GBuDe39.pngFeh7TZp.png
That's the end of him, or at least that one.
9zZouCD.png
Kyle, you're a wonderful soul. His defense is kind of crazy at this point.
kwdLRSJ.pngRfcjUHC.pngbndpRUM.png2Z6JA7j.png
XGEtu65.pngoGdTR0Y.pngIuRZX6v.png
Rebecca's levels are at least going well, which will hopefully help out a little in the chapters to come. We'll see. I forget how much deployment freedom I even have to be fair.
0RKrbmx.pngDuyndzW.pngaVL3qQH.png
Did I mention the Priests have Sleep staves?
gRnmVg7.png
That's...actually a fairly good first level. Keep it up Cecilia? I can hope your stats might get blessed.
xtgWH3Z.pngxqHlOgy.pngbPZgPI3.png
Kyle and Ephraim hit B, though I'm not sure if they'll get to A or not, since he might get it with either Cecilia or Fee. I should figure this stuff out at some point.
tJeAkZW.png4jdZ3VM.pngkq0LtBr.pngGsraFHh.png
Cavs start approaching as we move in to the fort. But that also triggers something else here in a sec.
mAfT7Uk.png
Of course.
sOskfDR.png
And who might these scrubs be?
gfIVUh3.pngFJv639N.png
Oscar! Who is...the Ranger? I'll get to that shortly.
069cN33.png2OlPDaL.png7xMl3tf.png
Also with Boyd and uh...Fiora I guess! Cause why not?
z2yfmRi.png3Wy8oxS.png8sEwQBR.png
I should have thrown in a line earlier about expecting reinforcements, but oh well. In addition, some cav reinforcements spawn right next to us as well. So, let's take a look at these three!

FujNv71.pngSPA6olw.pngIJdcnbi.pngln6FcfQ.png
Growths: HP 70%, Str 35%, Mag 50%, Skl 60%, Spd 50%, Def 20%, Luck 30%, Mov 2%
Supports: Oscar, Sain

Fiora comes in with I think the exact same growths she has in 7. Her strength is kind of low, along with defense, but otherwise she's pretty good. Cancel on a high speed unit is also very handy. Her high magic tends to make her better as a Falco Knight for promotion since she can use it well with Staves, though like with the others Pierce can help her somewhat shaky offense. She doesn't have much in terms of support options though.
Still, she's got solid bases and good enough growths she can end up making a solid character, despite that there are better green haired options for Pegasus Knights in this series.........................

M1vIcbY.pngHUd9ePF.pngdPFRMaK.png
Growths: HP 75%, Str 60%, Mag 20%, Skl 50%, Spd 45%, Def 25%, Luck 35%, Mov 1%
Supports: Oscar, Gerik, Rolf

Despite coming a bit later, Boyd's got very solid growths and workable enough bases. He's better offensively than Lotsin but has a bit less HP/defense/luck, and also no skills. There's also no triangle attack between the three brothers as far as I can tell, though they all can support each other at least. If you haven't been using Lotsin, Boyd's a fine option, especially with this game's scarcity on axe users.

7QYPV6P.pngSls4a5M.pngDS0NuE8.png
Growths: HP 55%, Str 45%, Mag 30%, Skl 50%, Spd 45%, Def 35%, Luck 30%, Mov 1%
Supports: Boyd, Fiora, Rolf

So first things first...why is he a Ranger? Seriously, Oscar is the LANCE Cavalier in PoR/RD, and he's in a class that can't use lances at all. I think he was even originally going to be a cav, if you go to the support table in the main menu...
sSxuQ3V.png

I don't get a number of things FE Green does, and this is very high on that list. Maybe they wanted another Ranger instead of another Cav, but you could have used Sue or Shin or Dayan and I'm sure some others, and had Oscar take...I don't know...Sain's place?

Anyways, Oscar's a fairly useful prepromote at least during some of Ephraim's difficult chapters. His growths are fine and his bases are at least good enough to help out for a while, especially with his high base HP/mag/def keeping him fairly durable. He'll probably fall behind growth units eventually, but with any luck Oscar shouldn't fall extremely far behind. He should be getting some use in the next number of chapters just to help me out even if I won't use him long term.

0Vb1ScM.png
Moving on, the other two hide behind Oscar since the cavs will go for them. Fiora doesn't want to be touched by the archer and the cavs with swords can probably rip Boyd apart right now.
31FGo5V.pngVGHls7Z.pngr1JE3K2.png
FlT3XP5.png2LZtzwn.pngkwnnZqV.png
We finally get Lowen a kill! Most things kind of destroy him on this map.
MTGFuUs.pngFt9VTOq.pngLcUGuJR.png
Alec what are you even doing? Are you sure there's no Voldemort hiding on your head? That looks like some dark magic to me.
cSDHQad.png
That's what I like to see, Fee!
q0ugdeG.pngrJzfbAH.pngc5dKsx6.png06lF92N.png
S9RnYqt.pngkPAs5rK.pngnvthO9L.png
Oscar with a good first showing, makes it a little easier down there!
62fzZMk.png
Kyle hits someone for...that. It's okay Kyle, not worried about you quite yet.
MCJ29zd.png
Thanks Fee!
VxWV2sl.pngVFzLpRd.pngkGdj2eD.pngYsmh82K.png
SXxnmhk.pngme0DB7g.png
Everyone there should be safe I believe. The cav will double Boyd, but the Archer should only be able to reach Oscar.
qhU2jt8.png4QZvAvz.pngdQIEOqI.png
Lowen's trying his darndest to be helpful.
143bi8E.png
Eh, not the best case for continued use there.
JMbh9OQ.pngFfnBkRl.pngyxR3KsD.png84mh8os.png
hLasGmx.pngedUART1.pngwAR4SxR.png
Enemy phase going fine so far, Oscar holding the line in the south.
ybmrFEB.png8jCzkY4.pngUAItmB2.pngy3ceXJY.png
Rebecca starts poking people through walls again! It's...as slow as before.
DVboqpy.pngOjjehTT.pngPSaYoCw.png
Still don't want the Archer touching them.
NLHEpgi.pngV2nfxgS.png6RqzalU.pngR8IqhJj.png
The Knight down there has a Horseslayer, so I don't want Oscar getting whacked by it. Rebecca also gets even more strength! Maybe I should have been using her more earlier...
bZzbrNN.png2U1O4O2.pngnPx3K6M.png
Hey guess what? I forgot about the Troubadour!
ty1jjLw.pngQwMU5uT.png
Sigh...he really doesn't wanna get move. Past Arden experience makes me very sad seeing this one.
VClj9pW.pngsDe173A.pngWy58dxD.png
WpX5wtE.png3Jqjgl9.png
Oscar can at least start poking him cause he can canto out of range.
vM2nliw.pngtjzKecG.png
Lowen's been sent to get the Troubadour, cause I'm pretty sure there's no reinforcements from the back.
2DxVC0p.png
Well he got strength at least. It's not like Alec's bad now, but I'm sticking with Kyle.
QDabAoh.pngYXUP7PJ.pngmKxbdQp.pngVITO1qA.png
LKlrIc0.png7YZBKae.pngwnJ6b1V.png
Almost cleaned up everything before the door now!
PhlLDEU.pngUJCiJAW.png1leX4mD.png
Well I was gonna feed that Knight kill to someone else, but okay Oscar, you do you.
RZBQkUv.png
So...I'm gonna guess this Archer had this in vanilla SS? Otherwise this is just mean, cause I can't steal it...
FocC0BW.png2d2vuf2.png
Lowen atually gets a good level out of the Troubadour, who gives us her Physic. I dunno why he seems so intent on getting magic. When I leveled him post game in the ruins on my first playthrough, he nearly capped it, which was kind of crazy, even though it's only res for him.
8selSCN.png
Rebecca finishes one of them and continues to get solid gains.
DcoWUad.pngqJh7EYr.png
Oscar's gonna longbow the other Archer there real quick...
x2xZWCl.png
And...gets a terrible level out of it. Oscar I know you're salty about being in the wrong class, but I could use your help for a little while. So please suck it up?
dlyl8Dk.png
Time to open the door now! Lugh and Cecilia are positioned to get attacked by the Knights.
fDXMI2h.pngHTAT2eO.png
She doubles him to get him low but...
Mn5RneT.png
Well, this is typical, aside from not getting strength.
jBlXZo0.pngmXF4sKn.pngpHaQHhK.png
Lugh brings this one down to 1 HP, while Nino and the Soldier move up. Unfortunately, Ephraim is the only one who can recruit Nino. Not Lugh, not Rebecca, just Ephraim.
Ec4TvyS.png
Cavs also start spawning from the bottom there for a few turns.
b9bN4xQ.pngCEBva7y.png
Well she's getting skill! Just not speed. Weird, but fine I guess?
FRiC6NW.pngLlG3vXZ.png
Fiora coulda done better on her end.
lffvDvo.png85ARb2a.pngcgPx9EW.pngwl89WNe.png
Is this our first notable enemy crit? Either way, glad it's against Kyle who just shrugs it off. Kyle also doubles again thanks to Accost.
UJIeX8Y.pngalz5Hos.pngA11vNGd.png
Nino's just out of range, and the Soldier will probably die against Lugh.
ZJHCVMH.pngKBN7gDr.pngoR9J3qa.png
Bananas burn things.
RHu6q4S.png7jVVTpa.png
The cavs have moved closer, and it's time to recruit Nino!
4gNIHMx.pngRXTt7yU.png7elnehG.pnglQn2IGA.png
I6y1ze5.pngH0kDbjb.pngg9yZXUG.png1VVMwOO.png
HY71ZoM.pngBtHdAIr.pngYT3PVQ9.pngv8gGiu2.png
nofnJED.pngaDHeuif.pngv5JGCIA.png7JV1tTr.png
7PPuFrG.png5Il4pr0.pngDD5KivG.pngdJLN53l.png
nBkngej.pngGuQZQ8X.png
Heh...taking prisoners. More good jokes from Ephraim. We might just be horrible. Anyways, on to Nino!

WgubA0e.png3hUz1Xl.pngTO4WPMV.png
uSXUHzP.png69TvrHX.png4ecb14z.png
Growths: HP 50%, Str 10%, Mag 55%, Skl 55%, Spd 60%, Def 15%, Luck 45%, Mov 4%
Supports: Lugh, Raigh, Rebecca, Asvel

While taking Amelia's spot, Nino's actually our Pupil for the game. Her growths are pretty fantastic and better than our other mages offensively. She's definitely more frail than they are, and also will struggle more in strength which means more weighing down from some times, though Anima at least is mostly pretty light. If you can get her trained up, she'll be quite the powerhouse for offense, especially with her skills! Miracle and Wrath can also help her out in dire situations, and she also could have been near unstoppable had I been able to throw Vantage on her. Again, her one downside is just that she's pretty frail if hit.

Unlike Ewan, her promotion options are Mage, super Pupil, and Troubadour. Except...as a Troubadour she keeps Anima. I don't know if that's intended or not, but it makes Mage pretty moot for her, unless you want the Sage's higher caps. This means that like Cecilia, she can use both Light and Anima as a Valkyrie (which makes Mage Knight also moot), which also gets her a horse, and as you know Canto is great. Having healing also gives her utility and will help her level up more easily and safely in the next number of chapters.

However, like I mentioned I'm debating giving her a Druid promotion option somehow, either out of Mage to make Dark her secondary, or by replacing super Pupil with Shaman. Let me know what you guys think of this or if you have a preference (I'm perfectly fine not hacking and just going Valkyrie or something else), cause it could be fun mixing it up a bit. Either way, if I get her to 10 here I'll need to have a decision before I start gameplay on the next chapter.

I'm almost assuredly using Nino, as she's also in my top four or five characters of the series. I was originally gonna give her B Lugh/B Raigh, but I'm considering not since I might use Danved and give him Lugh's B, and use Asvel and get her an A with him. Not positive yet though.

Anyways, getting back to things now:
nmLMxig.pngPWo58PE.pngoGKu5Q7.pngQ8iFQY9.png
I think I'll be able to save one of the cavs for Nino to chip at for xp to help her get out of Pupil this chapter.
bVxuP03.pngrbkfyWI.pngBB63GzV.png
Hooray for all enemies missing!
81NJd0g.png04HV319.png
This is fine.
fCShHSn.pngyheit8v.png
Starting off with a good level here.
aMHOxB6.pngb0gHWmH.png
Alec wants to prove he's the better Javelin tosser!
JJMp3FJ.pngGl2O357.pngD4y3vBy.png5m62t0o.png
Kyle gets his own woobly scythe now!
naEKlYi.png
Eh. I mean the mag is fine for res, and the skill is nice, though he's falling behind on strength for him (though it's still pretty good).
9jUZ7bc.pnghFAn3AM.pngmnQp620.png
Lugh is unamused by red bananas and their shocky spells.
BtkLsKP.png
Sweet! My magic worries are starting to go away for now, and more strength is always handy. Glad he and Raigh are keeping up again! Also still trying to catch up on HP now.
2QnPlyO.png1kyMrMt.pngjWHEEvt.png
Nino starts chipping for massive xp, and Lugh finishes the Mage because nobody else can 100% hit and risk not getting a low crit if they miss. Infinitesimally small chance of someone dying but...I don't wanna take it.
ngxoo7R.png07TcLG7.pngjVlOJig.pngttY0JX8.png
The Pegs double team one of the mages in the wings.
PMsCUq2.pngzSj0CmB.pngwQgVHWy.png
This poor cav just gets to slowly die by fire. From the girl who said she wanted to spare people here.
uo9JByn.png
She attacks again for another good one.
9bQE7pE.pnga8VfgGJ.png
Rebecca unfortunately misses that.
ICrYXt6.png2ErEkt1.png6SvDvCH.pngNMZAxy3.png
0jAkrXr.pngBTP0BD1.png
Second mage down as Nino continues burning things.
95Nx3jt.pngNb5imFx.png
Yeah these are going really dang well.
ok44iln.pngDFDSB3C.png
What's with Fee and getting all this skill?
ud0b02f.pngH1BsgKn.png
Have to be careful with the Luna Shaman, probably gonna Longbow him with Oscar.
BcBpXL6.png8mjY73J.png
Lowen finishes one Priest while the other misses Oscar.
aiBYaGZ.pnguGutzN7.png
One threat taken care of, Boyd eats some Z's.
Pcuq71d.pngl4l3uuM.png
Rebecca starts taking the Priest out, while Cecilia has been doing a lot of healing and gets...that. That's a very typical Cecilia level.
WWziT76.png
So this turn, the Priest still has a Sleep use but he just...didn't use it? Okay then, thanks game.
2yq32ve.pngWax6tfd.png1vMuxf8.pngGY7dXMd.png
Rebecca doesn't like dark swirly things hitting her.
vC3CNR3.png
Dang her strength is just going crazy.
09rSW2J.pngjkIvtZo.png
Cav reinforcements are spawned from moving past a certain point here.
k8KDtH8.png8Rk7j3B.png2WNnxqF.png
We get in formation here to deal with these reinforcements for a few turns. Nino's getting xp from chipping behind Fee up top.
eHwSVjS.pnge8OEqvx.pngv6Ygth3.pngcjvAnck.png
Ephraim can pretty easily take care of these guys.
RMPRiYJ.pngdU5H5nK.pngpjuTRMc.pngVOd9ddz.png
m0bsmwc.pngZYtcfUL.png
Even the less impressive levels from Nino so far are pretty good.
kqNKJSU.pngzdFXT0W.png
Oh, Cecilia hit A staves from her healing. Staff rank raises pretty darn quickly in this game, and this is only from a Heal staff and a few Restore uses.
4p703EP.pngm5sb6aQ.pnguEBGLSH.png
Better, Ephraim. I'll take some of the stats you're lower in.
wIo5aQq.png5p1JEpy.png
Dang it Fee!
nLvoDdF.png4IPpjg8.pngZgxNbFk.pngKDw3ZF8.png
Still giving Lowen some xp here and there, not really sure why but it's fun I guess? I just like levels.
Cc2FO85.pngSImiGU2.pngnipXch5.pngrmiqcul.png
Things proceeding as normal, until I realize by moving Lowen and some others I left a hole in my formation. Didn't get a good cap of it cause I didn't realize till now.
wsl43n1.png
A little scared...but I think she's out of range of the Javelin guy...I hope...
xXCceUI.png3cUydcw.png
I'd also moved Arden up. No biggie, right?
dTBfJnx.png
So uh...this was terrifying. He doubled Arden and very...very thankfully he didn't crit. I would have been so mad. Still, there's at least one enemy left...
KwL4Uaj.png
Phew...crisis averted for now. Good thing my stupid didn't get me killed there...
dTQ3aFt.png
That's fine I guess, she's capped Pupil speed now.
eQXuMZX.pngcbOpNWE.pngEcGywF4.pngs11NpRV.png
Still getting in what chip I can though. Attacking just gives so much xp in this game.
EHiWHmA.png
Lowen still really likes magic I guess.
wkUkHhM.png68N1U26.png1NcTSad.pngPj47xxv.png
Arden gets revenge and Oscar blocks Nino off while Fee's getting healed.
jV7ui3E.pngHneNAK7.pngaLdtlRn.pngUuv0bmx.png
FKCOPby.png
There's honestly not that much left to the chapter, just takes a little while cause I wanna get Nino to 10, get the rest of the treasure, and mop up the enemies up north.
SYH1iRq.png
Hooray for strength and HP!
K4o6MuB.pngCnOdlol.pngww96tBV.pngRTkXBZV.png
Lugh should probably be one of my first promotions over here.
MQlczmQ.png
She finally gets speed, and even more skill! Feeling much better about that one than her last one.
UFZ80fr.pngXYJSxB2.png
Well, nobody can escape the HP only level up.
T07o0lg.pngefSgWUU.pngPqmzP8F.png
Man, I got really bad at paying attention lately, not noticing this guy had an Armorslayer. Thankfully, he can't double Arden, and wouldn't quite kill him even if he could.
AuiIGSe.png
However, Arden refuses to be fun. Just look at that face, he's so sad he doesn't have a fun chin like Bors and now he just wants nobody else to have fun either.
canRmKD.pngY0PP0RL.pngorjMH6K.png
Well we can start poking Gheb now.
QfsRquc.pngHqAvrrL.pngv9zZcDw.pngou7BWpf.png
Good stuff I guess.
7i09s8Q.png
Now Kyle has more skill than strength, and his defense is still higher than both. Kyle, what are you doing with your life? You can keep it up, but what are you doing?
K7vTB32.pngIB5LRyU.png
And Nino hits 10 with a little more HP. You know, she's probably gonna get more than Lugh at least.
DXvVN0F.pngz596eCp.png
Poor Cecilia, though three levels away from another leadership star is nice.
rhycpZs.png
More Pure Water is always nice.
0Og4o0H.pngV5Lf7Y6.png63JwoVp.pngyAblQ13.png
Kyle got hit this time while Lugh decides to keep rolling out the crits. I wanna get both of them one more level if I can, Lugh's close.
w9KSq6G.png
Oh, a crit! It'll take a little longer for him to heal to get Lugh one more attack...
uHlAjwM.png
OH! Kyle has the Critical skill and I forgot! So yeah that crit killed Gheb cause of different formula. Good riddance!
FJJhXja.png
And a fairly solid level out of it! Way to go Kyle!
5Tz60l1.pngqWK6nsE.png
Oh yeah and we gots things.
8K3VF84.pngRtUlmXn.png
Continuing with my trend of not paying attention, didn't realize he had a hand axe. I also got Lugh up here to finish off his level.
Om0NQUp.png
Again with the crits!
ESpu9h1.png
Oh yeah, moving around this path has Shaman reinforcements come from the stairs. Seeing as I never take the top way though they're usually not a threat.
sRaKXcw.pngZuJqr9z.png
Hey, I'll take speed after a few levels of not getting it. With any luck he'll cap skill and speed before promotion.
fyRFR2p.pngxsOvZoK.png5w9D40o.png
Did the arrow chop of Lugh's hood or something?
ETTJfDy.pngx0vo5gC.pngprStOjt.pngHQrrxwX.png
6lUCAKM.pngw0Up7Ri.png
And with that that's our last enemy, but Oscar got a level to end us off!
Phx5Ocw.png
Dang it Oscar. Oh well, at least it's a good stat.

With that, we seize on move on to the end cutscenes, with one original scene thrown in.
4TgHDEt.pngpGCOdCR.png2bKrUVD.png
So I guess we did take some prisoners and didn't lie to a little girl to get her to burn our enemies. Maybe we're not that horrible?
y4AKUJl.pngpxMrMJr.pngQg5MaVJ.png7zP2unS.png
PupByk6.pngoXVB06h.pngSWwj0Im.png
To be fair, Ephraim kind of should have expected this.
BJOCncu.pngMADCkqp.pngncN2ALl.pngNo3La7P.png
Pleading for days; man, I do give Duessel respect. A shame he's not playable here.
QjSmTD7.pngDiTCAca.png9MxvQWi.png2hlkDkr.png
MGMwfn1.pngynnsGtt.pngJf88inL.pngueBqXc2.png
I do wonder how these rumors got started to the point the soldiers were hearing it. I also can't remember if any of the generals bring this up, other than Riev since he knows for obvious reasons.
gsIkUMl.pnguCHhVGu.pngIxLmPNh.pngo0nw0HM.png
5oRZzZr.pngCeQdSW2.png
I do feel like Cecilia works decently well getting mostly pasted in here.
Y7Vfvc7.pngRKKtGnj.png8gUnGfB.pngBLt50v9.png
HxajY3X.pngGDpADQX.pngDlkfmDF.pngWxaL3ho.png
Well, you can't say Ephraim's not strong in his convictions/opinions at least.
6VawxOp.pngmXWBw9f.png1abyKpJ.pngpylBkHd.png
cj2qL5B.pngvnlXevB.png5uQhAqw.pngUwrRBEJ.png
It does make a tiny bit more sense to me that he's explaining all this to Cecilia, whereas Seth should know a lot of this.
qlANdfy.pngZDyqy2u.pngrQPjQij.pngKqJZ1qi.png
OYCSBB5.png5fLfdkL.png

And after that we go on to another conversation with Myrrh!
9h7wpii.pngXTmiZum.pngLNFhX9y.pngm0G36ki.png
rzmLlim.pnguExWHXF.pngnfKXduv.pngUbisUvO.png
Oh yeah, she's still tagging along isn't she?
XkjqYqn.pngBj8pPNi.pngA5D0Muo.pngNDfQmef.png
It's not like Frelia would be super super safe either.
4gBxF5g.pngkzaAij0.pngWrM8oqN.pngt2KxAw1.png
a3NZw79.png4PPk0Xw.png5ZT81em.png
So Myrrh does still appear in this story wise, but she's not going to be playable. We do get Tiki later, but Myrrh still keeps all her normal scenes I think. Kind of odd, but oh well.

Back to some original stuff here...
vZGLVjZ.pngeS6pY04.pngyoOsBQn.png
q4klXHo.pngU6tqzta.pngpYNXRyY.png
6sNBr8P.pngvczyVrn.pnglp7FJyL.png
JHvm1mj.pngTTRddAA.pngK6ETDti.png

Figured I should do something with that. And on to the last conversation!
WwwSfBz.pngwcYoPTn.pngrwpCoJf.png48UXedm.png
7eY8Z7E.pngXIUumfn.pngTzHAi4M.pngjyZecxm.png
oeUNis1.png5zrflV9.pngPz0tcAH.pngsHizf6v.png
I still think you could have made a better effort to keep him on your side Vigarde. It probably wouldn't have worked, but still.
CLcBzc6.pngBhGRG9l.pngIm1hc79.pngWzaNvoH.png
IOAsyrz.pngYgqkIgR.png3n1Crof.pngNj2pFeq.png
It is nice to see Selena lose her composure here. I always liked her when I first played the game as a kid.
PwNFAbR.pngQviYqJQ.pngKDDKarZ.pngX7QQ7VX.png
"Oh no not this again...might have to add her to the list too."
F9Dm8Um.pngRoDZBg9.pnghs4AGHU.pngnOoHicB.png
bGLjkOG.pngHLLINJ3.pngS0DvDKx.pngZk9Ai6y.png
QS9gFF3.pngmjRvsMl.png
Again, this just makes me think, what if Vigarde/DK/Lyon had put in more effort to make the people of Grado more willing to go to war?
sKkbieG.pngHbywMih.pngSYPQlJb.png

Phew! And with that, we're done fully done the chapter! Again, this took a lot longer than I thought it was initially gonna take, but like I said there was a lot to it! Not to mention seven new units joining. So thanks for sticking with it and I hope you guys enjoyed. If it makes you feel any better, next chapter has a 15 turn cap so it can't take super long, right?

As I mentioned, let me know if there's any opinions on what to do with Nino's promotion. While I'm at it actually, let me give my thoughts for what I'm thinking on promotion paths for some people; I'm totally open to anyone's input on this so please feel free to let me know if you wanna see a particular one:

Bors: Ruben's suggested General, so far I'm leaning towards that.
Lotsin: I could go either way, Hero would be a nice change of pace but I like Warriors too...
Lugh: Thinking Mage Knight as I've never done it before, especially since I may use Asvel later and I'd make him go Sage. I could be convinced either way though.
Raigh: Summoner, unless anyone objects.
Kyle: Leaning towards Paladin, I want at least one between him and Sain.
Sain: Leaning towards Great Knight.
Fee: Could go either.
Wolt: Leaning towards Ranger.
Safy: Leaning towards Valkyrie, though I could be convinced otherwise (especially if Nino goes it).
Sothe: Assassin, as he can still steal in it.

As usual, thanks for the patience and keep on being cool people! Next time we go off to find Duessel in a fairly difficult chapter, let's see if I can keep things up!

Overall Reset Count: 3

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

Eirika - 1

Oh, I've been reading along the whole time, I just haven't felt the need to comment too much. Good Chapter overall, though I'm thinking perhaps Fiora may need to pull an Orsin and mysteriously disappear to be replaced by Palla, the main difficulty of course being that Palla doesn't have a portrait in GBAFE style. I'm also tempted to say you should fix Cecilia's growths so she can also kill stuff in addition to Leadershipping everyone(let's be real, she's the one running the Support pairings from behind the scenes, letting you think you're doing it).

15 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

I feel like I knew this at one point and then forgot. Thanks for the info though! I like learning things like this.

You're very welcome, then.

Her bases are barely better than in FE6

Well, allow me to reuse this image here...

0kOKKq5.png

She has two more points of magic but a lot less res because of how res works in this game, so there's that. If you want to be that guy, you can say she's got 11 more points of strength than she normally had.

Growths: HP 60%, Str 70%, Mag 25%, Skl 45%, Spd 25%, Def 20%, Luck 25%, Mov 1%

Also can I just say I love how her highest growth is strength of all things? Just have her throw away all of her tomes and punch enemies to death.

ev297tu.png
So yeah there's that.

I need a cold shower.

GrCNDwn.png4akUBOE.pngRJS519M.pngbp3RdYe.png
Growths, done by me: HP 55%, Str 60%, Mag 40%, Skl 30%, Spd 45%, Def 25%, Luck 40%, Mov 4% (was already in there)
Supports: Ephraim, Eirika, Ced, Karin - these were all already there in the game.

Sort of on Ruben's suggestion and to differentiate her some from the other Pegs, I gave Fee a more strength based build. Her skill and defense will probably be on the lower end, with decent speed, magic and luck. I almost gave her Nullify (immune to effective weapons) since only Syrene has it later and she kinda sucks, but thought that might be a bit OP. Instead, she's got Adept, and while her speed probably won't be insane, when she does proc it it should hurt a lot.
I didn't want her to be overpowered to any degree since I hacked her in myself, but wanted her to be still competent and interesting to use. Since I went through the effort I think she'll be on the main team, though not sure which promotion I want her in yet. Also, her description was actually from the original translator, not me.

Her highest growth is strength. That's hilarious. Do use her.

k36WuEz.pngEsmYAlB.png
Yeah...this game has Gromell show up in different classes in many different maps, usually with Eclipse or Staves or something. I guess he's enough of a meme the author thought it'd be funny. He's again annoying, but less so in this chapter than the last.

That's like, if I grabbed Wrys and made him one of the main characters of a random fanfic that I shoehorned into a game's already established storyline in which Wrys doesn't even exist. So random!

vVRiRmT.pngxNcoB3p.png
So I guess all the Gromells pull from the same quote. Also there's Fee's palette I made!

Very green.

bPFULs7.png
Good start, and he finally got magic again! I'll take the defense too! He's decided to try not letting his levels overtake his HP, sorry Ruben. There's still time though...

He doesn't have 30 HP yet, and he's only 2 levels away from the goal. I believe in him still.

gfIVUh3.pngFJv639N.png
Oscar! Who is...the Ranger? I'll get to that shortly.
069cN33.png2OlPDaL.png7xMl3tf.png
Also with Boyd and uh...Fiora I guess! Cause why not?

Oh hey, it's Guy With Anime Closed Eyes (I never understood that, honestly. Half the time these characters aren't even blind, they just don't like seeing!), Guy I Don't Care Much About, and...

...oh, you can't be serious-- yet another unit without green hair! Perfect! Just genial!

So first things first...why is he a Ranger? Seriously, Oscar is the LANCE Cavalier in PoR/RD, and he's in a class that can't use lances at all. I think he was even originally going to be a cav, if you go to the support table in the main menu...
sSxuQ3V.png

I don't get a number of things FE Green does, and this is very high on that list. Maybe they wanted another Ranger instead of another Cav, but you could have used Sue or Shin or Dayan and I'm sure some others, and had Oscar take...I don't know...Sain's place?

Great, and he makes as much sense from a gameplay perspective as his eyes do from a design viewpoint.

MTGFuUs.pngFt9VTOq.pngLcUGuJR.png
Alec what are you even doing? Are you sure there's no Voldemort hiding on your head? That looks like some dark magic to me.

I wish I knew how everyone gets all these freaky frames in their LPs. Never once did I encounter anything like this! Neither in my FE6 LP nor in any of my many, many GBAFE runs! Is it an emulator thing? Do I just have the magic emulator?

VFzLpRd.png
Everyone there should be safe I believe. The cav will double Boyd, but the Archer should only be able to reach Oscar.

So we're not going to talk about the fact that Oscar is firing nothing with his nonexistant arm and somehow the enemy takes damage.

QwMU5uT.png
Sigh...he really doesn't wanna get move. Past Arden experience makes me very sad seeing this one.

He's not the Chin. The Chin is the best. Not this guy. This guy is not the Chin.

cgPx9EW.pngwl89WNe.png
Is this our first notable enemy crit? Either way, glad it's against Kyle who just shrugs it off. Kyle also doubles again thanks to Accost.

And you were saying all that shit about him not being good. You're right, he's not good: he's great!

dJLN53l.png
nBkngej.pngGuQZQ8X.png
Heh...taking prisoners. More good jokes from Ephraim. We might just be horrible. Anyways, on to Nino!

I'm tempted to suggest that maybe that nice generic soldier from before's the bizarro version of a certain cousin of Doom Guy... but no, we've got enough injokes going as is.

However, like I mentioned I'm debating giving her a Druid promotion option somehow, either out of Mage to make Dark her secondary, or by replacing super Pupil with Shaman. Let me know what you guys think of this or if you have a preference (I'm perfectly fine not hacking and just going Valkyrie or something else), cause it could be fun mixing it up a bit. Either way, if I get her to 10 here I'll need to have a decision before I start gameplay on the next chapter.

I'm almost assuredly using Nino, as she's also in my top four or five characters of the series. I was originally gonna give her B Lugh/B Raigh, but I'm considering not since I might use Danved and give him Lugh's B, and use Asvel and get her an A with him. Not positive yet though.

I know that feeling. I mean, I think there's exactly one run of FE6 where I didn't use Raigh, and that's because he fell in battle (you know what I'm talking about...). I also wish I could use Arran in FE12, but alas, that's just--

lL8Kbx8.png?1

...I'm perhaps too much of a fanboy. That was the final chapter, too!

Aaaanyway, I think Druid Nino sounds rather funny, and it could make for some interesting interactions with Raigh, so go ahead and do it if you will.

BtkLsKP.png
Sweet! My magic worries are starting to go away for now, and more strength is always handy. Glad he and Raigh are keeping up again! Also still trying to catch up on HP now.

Maybe he just doesn't want to let me win after what I did to him in the FE6 LP.

dTBfJnx.png
So uh...this was terrifying. He doubled Arden and very...very thankfully he didn't crit. I would have been so mad. Still, there's at least one enemy left...
KwL4Uaj.png
Phew...crisis averted for now. Good thing my stupid didn't get me killed there...

That physically hurt me.

AuiIGSe.png
However, Arden refuses to be fun. Just look at that face, he's so sad he doesn't have a fun chin like Bors and now he just wants nobody else to have fun either.

Too bad for him, Bors is having fun. So much fun...

w9KSq6G.png
Oh, a crit! It'll take a little longer for him to heal to get Lugh one more attack...
uHlAjwM.png
OH! Kyle has the Critical skill and I forgot! So yeah that crit killed Gheb cause of different formula. Good riddance!
FJJhXja.png
And a fairly solid level out of it! Way to go Kyle!

Astounding. It's the perks of being a veteran from the base game. He knows his stuff.

Pleading for days; man, I do give Duessel respect. A shame he's not playable here.

Of course! Everyone's playable, green hair or no green hair, but a badass like Duessel doesn't get jack shit. Classic greenFE.

It does make a tiny bit more sense to me that he's explaining all this to Cecilia, whereas Seth should know a lot of this.

Cecilia just makes everything better.

Figured I should do something with that.

That was cute. I liked it, even if I don't particularly care for either Nino or Rebecca.

It is nice to see Selena lose her composure here. I always liked her when I first played the game as a kid.

Yeah, she's a cool woman.

Bors: Ruben's suggested General, so far I'm leaning towards that.

That's the only way it could be.
Lotsin: I could go either way, Hero would be a nice change of pace but I like Warriors too...

Warrior for canon purposes.
Kyle: Leaning towards Paladin, I want at least one between him and Sain.

But everyone knows Kyle should go Great Knight! Listen to Gamefaqs!
Sothe: Assassin, as he can still steal in it.

No, he can't. He doesn't have the speed.

As usual, thanks for the patience and keep on being cool people! Next time we go off to find Duessel in a fairly difficult chapter, let's see if I can keep things up!

Hoo, boy. That sounds like a ton of joy. My friend and I both lost Amelia there when he played FE8 for the first time and I played along. With any luck, Nino won't follow the footsteps of the one she replaces.

16 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Thankfully enemies outside of bosses don't tend to have skills very often, at least as far as I'd gotten in my other HM Run.

That's good to know.

Yeah, Carlyle has a Wind Sword and good enough stats to wreck most of your physical units in both melee and range. Raigh and Safy (especially if she went Bishop for Dark Magic) are usually your best bets to take him on and he may not be able to hurt them if their magic is really good (or boosted with barrier/water), yet even then I remember in my first playthrough just waiting for Raigh to hit a few 40% hits in a row.

Ouch, that's not so good.

I like Vigarde's constant referral to everything as "we" "us" "ours", throwing Lyon in even before we know or think he has much of anything to do with this.

Well, thing is there's such a thing as "the royal we" where a monarch might refer to themselves in first person plural. We don't know for certain if he'd say it or not though. What you're saying there's still a real nice theory. I'm behind it.

ev297tu.png
So yeah there's that.

That image seems so unreal to me.

Cecilia capping stats. How bizarre.

AGZdTju.png9GdayFo.png
According to the script I read from FE4 that's her Pegasus, which would make it funny if I made her go Wyvern Knight...

Mahnya's the name of her aunt as well. Yes, the pegasus is named after her.

Considering we don't know how they get the wyvern, maybe they go and "offer" something to it so it'd come down. That's terrible.

9zZouCD.png
Kyle, you're a wonderful soul. His defense is kind of crazy at this point.

Look, it's the Kyle Train!

FujNv71.pngSPA6olw.pngIJdcnbi.pngln6FcfQ.png
Growths: HP 70%, Str 35%, Mag 50%, Skl 60%, Spd 50%, Def 20%, Luck 30%, Mov 2%
Supports: Oscar, Sain

Fiora comes in with I think the exact same growths she has in 7. Her strength is kind of low, along with defense, but otherwise she's pretty good. Cancel on a high speed unit is also very handy. Her high magic tends to make her better as a Falco Knight for promotion since she can use it well with Staves, though like with the others Pierce can help her somewhat shaky offense. She doesn't have much in terms of support options though.
Still, she's got solid bases and good enough growths she can end up making a solid character, despite that there are better green haired options for Pegasus Knights in this series.........................

Seriously, why Fiora? Fee was right there.

She's still the worst of the BS pegasi imo, Farina has bases and Florina has early game going for her.

M1vIcbY.pngHUd9ePF.pngdPFRMaK.png
Growths: HP 75%, Str 60%, Mag 20%, Skl 50%, Spd 45%, Def 25%, Luck 35%, Mov 1%
Supports: Oscar, Gerik, Rolf

Despite coming a bit later, Boyd's got very solid growths and workable enough bases. He's better offensively than Lotsin but has a bit less HP/defense/luck, and also no skills. There's also no triangle attack between the three brothers as far as I can tell, though they all can support each other at least. If you haven't been using Lotsin, Boyd's a fine option, especially with this game's scarcity on axe users.

That's pretty good.

My Boyd's barely faster in PoR and is at least level 12. I think he's 14 right now.

Point is that's no good.

Maybe they wanted to implement that triangle attack at one point?

Maybe they wanted less lances because there's so many already?

This could have been worked around, eh?

RZBQkUv.png
So...I'm gonna guess this Archer had this in vanilla SS? Otherwise this is just mean, cause I can't steal it...

That is correct I'm pretty sure.

WgubA0e.png3hUz1Xl.pngTO4WPMV.png
uSXUHzP.png69TvrHX.png4ecb14z.png
Growths: HP 50%, Str 10%, Mag 55%, Skl 55%, Spd 60%, Def 15%, Luck 45%, Mov 4%
Supports: Lugh, Raigh, Rebecca, Asvel

While taking Amelia's spot, Nino's actually our Pupil for the game. Her growths are pretty fantastic and better than our other mages offensively. She's definitely more frail than they are, and also will struggle more in strength which means more weighing down from some times, though Anima at least is mostly pretty light. If you can get her trained up, she'll be quite the powerhouse for offense, especially with her skills! Miracle and Wrath can also help her out in dire situations, and she also could have been near unstoppable had I been able to throw Vantage on her. Again, her one downside is just that she's pretty frail if hit.

Unlike Ewan, her promotion options are Mage, super Pupil, and Troubadour. Except...as a Troubadour she keeps Anima. I don't know if that's intended or not, but it makes Mage pretty moot for her, unless you want the Sage's higher caps. This means that like Cecilia, she can use both Light and Anima as a Valkyrie (which makes Mage Knight also moot), which also gets her a horse, and as you know Canto is great. Having healing also gives her utility and will help her level up more easily and safely in the next number of chapters.

See this? I would be pretty happy if Ameila were this.

I mean, she has Wrath on top of everything else.

I'd be fine with a Druid path, though I'd see what other people say on that. Also, I really want to see that Asvel support personally.

95Nx3jt.pngNb5imFx.png
Yeah these are going really dang well.

This? I like this.

JHvm1mj.pngTTRddAA.pngK6ETDti.png

"Well, two someones but there's only one here now."