Let's play FE Green/Midori, HM!

Guess I'll start with my opinions on the new characters.

Cecilia: Leadership-bot, must level if you want to stand a chance in HM

Lowen: He was bad in vanilla, he's even worse in this game where you're supposed to have stats to do anything at all. Easy skip for me in HM.

Fee: I won't comment on her since she was added in the game by the OP.

Fiora: She's the magic-oriented peg, currently my best main flier and a great healer, and I use her mostly because for some reason all my fliers came out bad, even Heath (you get him next chapter btw) :(

Boyd: I think he's usable, but Lotsin and his Pugi kind of outclass him. Currently experimenting with him in my own playthrough though.

Oscar: Seems ok by bases and weapon ranks alone, but growth units are better than him by far.         why Ranger tho

Nino: ...What can I say, in my playthrough she's steamrolling everything as a mere Mage Knight (didn't want to go Troubadour, and I have no good reason for it :|), with stats comparable to Selena's which, I promise, says a lot when you consider Nino became a MK just before playing Selena's map.

-----------------

So this chapter displays a few oddities, as UG11 has demonstrated. Someone forgot to remove the Red Gem, and the priest stopped sleeping people for no reason even in my file. Also, the first few rows of map have no reason to exist, and those shamans/archers in the north are so far out of the way that you might as well pretend they don't exist either. With that said, it IS a very slow map, which in my opinion is bad design but what do I know. *shrug*

A Gromell appears again, with a class that isn't very fast and a heavy, unable-to-kill weapon in hand: as you all saw, he was dealt with fairly easily. It won't be long before another one comes, with a much scarier form and the proper leadership to back him up...

Not much else to say this time, most of everything was well played.

Still sad I don't get to see a God Arden being used by someone other than me. Here's mine for reference (still in Vigarde's chapter):

arden.png.8ee6a76b3efc4340ea023a73bf27b6b0.png

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/28/2018 at 3:59 PM, ShadowYoshi said:

Guess I'll start with my opinions on the new characters.

Cecilia: Leadership-bot, must level if you want to stand a chance in HM

Lowen: He was bad in vanilla, he's even worse in this game where you're supposed to have stats to do anything at all. Easy skip for me in HM.

Fee: I won't comment on her since she was added in the game by the OP.

Fiora: She's the magic-oriented peg, currently my best main flier and a great healer, and I use her mostly because for some reason all my fliers came out bad, even Heath (you get him next chapter btw) :(

Boyd: I think he's usable, but Lotsin and his Pugi kind of outclass him. Currently experimenting with him in my own playthrough though.

Oscar: Seems ok by bases and weapon ranks alone, but growth units are better than him by far.         why Ranger tho

Nino: ...What can I say, in my playthrough she's steamrolling everything as a mere Mage Knight (didn't want to go Troubadour, and I have no good reason for it :|), with stats comparable to Selena's which, I promise, says a lot when you consider Nino became a MK just before playing Selena's map.

-----------------

So this chapter displays a few oddities, as UG11 has demonstrated. Someone forgot to remove the Red Gem, and the priest stopped sleeping people for no reason even in my file. Also, the first few rows of map have no reason to exist, and those shamans/archers in the north are so far out of the way that you might as well pretend they don't exist either. With that said, it IS a very slow map, which in my opinion is bad design but what do I know. *shrug*

A Gromell appears again, with a class that isn't very fast and a heavy, unable-to-kill weapon in hand: as you all saw, he was dealt with fairly easily. It won't be long before another one comes, with a much scarier form and the proper leadership to back him up...

Not much else to say this time, most of everything was well played.

Still sad I don't get to see a God Arden being used by someone other than me. Here's mine for reference (still in Vigarde's chapter):

Damn, that's a real God Arden. Mine's not better by any means (+4 mov instead of +7), but I can relate to that. I might get a screencap of him, just finished Vigarde's Chapter.

Nino's currently a Super Pupil for me. I'm trying to raise her Dark magic rank so she can try to use Nosferatu/Luna, which will be fun. She's steamrolling whatever's in her way as well. Poor Amelia, man. Outclassed by an illiterate child.

Also, yeah, I know the Gromell you speak of... Let me put it like this to the lper. You NEED someone with good hit to beat that Gromell. You'll know the one when you see it.

Edited by OmegaSamurai

2 hours ago, OmegaSamurai said:

Damn, that's a real God Arden. Mine's not better by any means (+4 mov instead of +7), but I can relate to that. I might get a screencap of him, just finished Vigarde's Chapter.

Nino's currently a Super Pupil for me. I'm trying to raise her Dark magic rank so she can try to use Nosferatu/Luna, which will be fun. She's steamrolling whatever's in her way as well. Poor Amelia, man. Outclassed by an illiterate child.

Also, yeah, I know the Gromell you speak of... Let me put it like this to the lper. You NEED someone with good hit to beat that Gromell. You'll know the one when you see it.

I had to rig to kill that bastard in HM, mostly because I'm smart and stupidly triggered his Resolve.

Good job beating Vigarde! Although I suspect you're playing Normal, because even when I turtle I can't beat the chapter in Hard since the Druids have huge staff range. And I can't grind so I gotta figure something out...

Ah, you're playing on hard? Man, that's gotta suck... Even on Normal, I had issues with that chapter...

Spoiler

Tell me, how would you deal with the Luna shaman horde? I just said "fuck it" and mine-glitched all of their Luna tomes away.

And yeah, the fucking Berserk Druids are pains even on Normal, since for me, it got my Wyvern Rider (not saying who he is for spoiler reasons, though looking into the rom, the lper may already know). And the Sleep Bishop also put Nephenee to sleep, who was a Halberdier, and one of my best units, too.

So yeah... Good luck.

I'm on chapter 15, and because I didn't raise Dozla or L'Arachel, I'm trying to edit the rom to allow me to use other units in their stead. Not working out too well, but whatever.

Edited by OmegaSamurai
Finishing the post

2 hours ago, OmegaSamurai said:

Ah, you're playing on hard? Man, that's gotta suck... Even on Normal, I had issues with that chapter...

Reveal hidden contents

Tell me, how would you deal with the Luna shaman horde? I just said "fuck it" and mine-glitched all of their Luna tomes away.

And yeah, the fucking Berserk Druids are pains even on Normal, since for me, it got my Wyvern Rider (not saying who he is for spoiler reasons, though looking into the rom, the lper may already know). And the Sleep Bishop also put Nephenee to sleep, who was a Halberdier, and one of my best units, too.

So yeah... Good luck.

I'm on chapter 15, and because I didn't raise Dozla or L'Arachel, I'm trying to edit the rom to allow me to use other units in their stead. Not working out too well, but whatever.

Spoiler

I didn't grab Mines actually. Could have, and I was tempted, but then I remembered that it was an LP and the Mine Glitch makes everything easy. Instead, I bought a few Slim Lances, and I'll probably use those against the Shamans.

Also Kishuna makes Restoring hard, and he's hardcoded to be impossible to kill so... yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah I'm just behind and been busy. I just finished playing through the next chapter last night though. And by last night I mean I stayed up till 2am cause I wanted to finish it. I should have the update tonight or tomorrow unless I get really busy!

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

5 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Nah I'm just behind and been busy. I just finished playing through the next chapter last night though. And by last night I mean I stayed up till 2am cause I wanted to finish it. I should have the update tonight or tomorrow unless I get really busy!

Ah, hello! I can't wait to see what you did!

Btw, did you make Nino a druid? And if so... what palette?

Happy New Year everyone!

On 12/27/2018 at 3:29 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Oh, I've been reading along the whole time, I just haven't felt the need to comment too much. Good Chapter overall, though I'm thinking perhaps Fiora may need to pull an Orsin and mysteriously disappear to be replaced by Palla, the main difficulty of course being that Palla doesn't have a portrait in GBAFE style. I'm also tempted to say you should fix Cecilia's growths so she can also kill stuff in addition to Leadershipping everyone(let's be real, she's the one running the Support pairings from behind the scenes, letting you think you're doing it).

Glad to hear it! To be honest, back when I was considering replacing Fiora with Fee (Fee-ora...), I was throwing the idea in my head back and forth about replacing Valter and Caellach in one version of Chapter 15 (you can sort of play it twice) with Fiora and Orsin, especially since they can both promote into either a Hero or Wyvern Knight.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:13 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, allow me to reuse this image here...

0kOKKq5.png

She has two more points of magic but a lot less res because of how res works in this game, so there's that. If you want to be that guy, you can say she's got 11 more points of strength than she normally had.

I might be missing something, but wouldn't her res be equal? Mag = Res in this game, it isn't halved or anything.

Also can I just say I love how her highest growth is strength of all things? Just have her throw away all of her tomes and punch enemies to death.

That would be hilarious, I mean she doesn't have an animation for when she uses swords, so I guess you could use your imagination.

Her highest growth is strength. That's hilarious. Do use her.

I feel like I have to since I hacked her in.

Oh hey, it's Guy With Anime Closed Eyes (I never understood that, honestly. Half the time these characters aren't even blind, they just don't like seeing!), Guy I Don't Care Much About, and...

...oh, you can't be serious-- yet another unit without green hair! Perfect! Just genial!

At least even the original translator was fed up with it at that point.

I wish I knew how everyone gets all these freaky frames in their LPs. Never once did I encounter anything like this! Neither in my FE6 LP nor in any of my many, many GBAFE runs! Is it an emulator thing? Do I just have the magic emulator?

I'm wondering if either it's my emulator, SS in general, or something this hack does.

So we're not going to talk about the fact that Oscar is firing nothing with his nonexistant arm and somehow the enemy takes damage.

Is this better or worse than looking like you're firing arrows at yourself?

And you were saying all that shit about him not being good. You're right, he's not good: he's great!

That was just cause my first Kyle was kinda RNG screwed.

I know that feeling. I mean, I think there's exactly one run of FE6 where I didn't use Raigh, and that's because he fell in battle (you know what I'm talking about...). I also wish I could use Arran in FE12, but alas, that's just--

lL8Kbx8.png?1

...I'm perhaps too much of a fanboy. That was the final chapter, too!

I mean you know I'm a big fanboy for my favorite characters as well!

Aaaanyway, I think Druid Nino sounds rather funny, and it could make for some interesting interactions with Raigh, so go ahead and do it if you will.

I've finally got an idea for how I'm gonna play some of there interactions, hope you'll like it when we get there.

That physically hurt me.

Yeah if I lost there I'd have deserved it.

Of course! Everyone's playable, green hair or no green hair, but a badass like Duessel doesn't get jack shit. Classic greenFE.

The best of green related hacks, and also the worst. Fun fact, there's someone working on a Red FE hack too, though it's an English creator and not Japanese, I've played through some of what's available and it's interesting so far. Main lord are Roy and an older Eliwood, and I think it's planned for Elbert to be playable too. I actually really like the idea of a father/son combo for lords in an FE game.

Cecilia just makes everything better.

Agreed.

That was cute. I liked it, even if I don't particularly care for either Nino or Rebecca.

While I do really like Nino still, I think we both care for her sons more than her. One of these days I should figure out a bit more specifically about some of my favorites. Lugh, Cecilia and probably Raigh are top 3 in that order, Nino's high up there, and I don't really know what the rest look like. Jerrot is pretty high up there somewhere though, I've just always really liked him. I like a lot of 6's cast, of playing through PoR Devdan/Danved is probably one of my favorites too.

Hoo, boy. That sounds like a ton of joy. My friend and I both lost Amelia there when he played FE8 for the first time and I played along. With any luck, Nino won't follow the footsteps of the one she replaces.

Yeah I was hoping that same thing, cause she needs xp but taking her to this chapter can be difficult.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:59 PM, ShadowYoshi said:

Yeah I haven't used her main game much, though I was trying some in my other HM run. I've so far had more luck with Vanessa, and in my first run Karin got a lot of magic.

True, though Boyd can technically use Pugi as well.

Yeah, he helps out a lot for a while even if he'll fall off eventually.

Yeah I'm gonna miss Valkyrie Nino in this run. Mine was starting to be pretty ridiculous too.

-----------------

I mean you could take the north path as another option I guess, I've just never done it.

I had this one in my currently hiatus'd HM run, I was up to chapter 16.

arden.png.61058d4b074d506ec0c07b0aa6ab7d92.png

On 1/1/2019 at 2:36 AM, OmegaSamurai said:

Welcome, and thanks for reading!

Spoiler

Talking about Valkyrie Gromell I assume? Or was it MK Gromell? Remember, I have beaten this game in it's entirety on NM once, and I got up to chapter 16 in HM on another run before I stopped it to start this HM one.

Spoiler

Incase you didn't know, you can have Eirika and Ephraim talk in the chapter to basically reset it and let you pick your units. You'll keep any items and XP you got. You can't re-obtain desert items for a second time, but if you missed any they'll still be there, and anyone who drops stuff or could have it stolen you can get again. Not necessarily easy to make happen, but it's an option.

Oh, and in regards to the Luna horde, are you talking about chapter 14 and the big group of reinforcement Shamans coming from the north? If that's who you're talking about, I think I just led them into Kishuna's range where they became free pickings.

Btw, did you make Nino a druid? And if so... what palette?

She'll be going Mage-Druid. There's a palette from the original author in the data that I might use for it, but I also might make my own. I'll show it in a later update and see what you guys think.

Spoiler

Aqhtyjk.png

u2404iI.pngBeKgTf0.pnghSh68HB.pngX1nU67z.png
o2zk6gT.pngnmJsRix.pngR3BMQxA.pngJILrzP7.png

That messenger totally looked like that normally.

LbndUug.pngyjA6iPD.pngvF42NTv.png

Yes, the safe option, with all of the not-danger.

J6jjo3Z.pngofRN6pS.png5mPDzLm.pngY47q3gK.png

F3u3r92.pngSsYjCXm.png

If only you knew how Eirika was actually faring right now.

kU1geRr.png7rH6tJq.png9ph12dM.png

Hard to convey the screen rumbling for the earthquake here.

HQek6FW.pngkChZVep.pngmVul77b.png0qJ8k0D.png

Didn't Zephiel's attack shake the screen up in FE6?

HdSpjXn.pngmWtJlV0.pngBq4ffmq.pngtIj32GS.png

cDpNQHn.png5EU7k7y.pngoIAnd5P.pngY2Q2OIm.png

Just imagine if a bunch of your units started the chapter hurt cause of this. Now, moving on down south...

FXW7NXY.pngTvvjdPT.pngQF5vQ6N.pngp52knJE.png

M0jkste.pngf8oWgXd.pngV2CLPad.pnghTIebts.png

You know, it's a good thing we don't actually end up fighting them both at once, that would have been quite hard.

3shyWRd.pngGKgr1is.pnguDITYzR.png

Is there some other Prince Ephraim around so that you had to specify, Selena?

bRpe4zW.pnggNzamg5.pngdrHGfXQ.pngkKKESaR.png

Gr5FfpD.pngkbo5aj2.pngQ8MpMnF.pngqo3SPYr.png

Poor Duessel. Does make you wonder what would have happened if he'd actually been allowed to converse with Ephraim.

zP9MIx4.pngkeehbgT.pngZM71cik.pngNOLNFoP.png

NWbVEZq.pngq0U2Qsk.png

And with that, we get something I don't think was in the original SS.

ZYhWpwb.pngeicJPlB.png51LI4V6.pngFTh55r5.png

Selena attacks him, missing the first strike and critting her second! Duessel doesn't attack back.

Dpu5Ads.png06qMxCo.png

He and his people go orange and run off north.

4WTUxHO.pngM9X9dfM.pngGFOL332.pngZPYEyHR.png

OlM8gWa.pnge1a7ni9.pngx2CBAga.png

And with that, we head to the prep screen, but first there's a choice to make:

JbwFNZH.pnguN9aakG.pngjanfG70.png

So I think I am going to go with the Druid option for Nino here. But, I'm not gonna do it through Shaman, I'm gonna make it an option out of Mage, so Dark will be her secondary. Basically the equivalent of Monks/Priests going Sage. This way I think will make a little more sense for her, especially with a little bit of story/conversation things I have planned for a bit later.

ZeNKNNo.png7umjJPf.png

Those are definitely some workable stats, though I'll miss the horse.

Let's move on to the map then!

4tJHwu7.png

Like with the last chapter, it's kind of an extended version of the regular SS map, this time with more ballista boats in tow. Our goal is to survive 15 turns and protect Duessel, so if he dies it's game over. We also can't recruit him, which does make it a little bit trickier. The pirates in the south will also head for the village down there, though the one plopped on the arena near the boss won't actually move ever. In addition, the archer and two cavaliers around the boss won't move either. The Shaman will though, and he has Luna which is always scary.

Let's look at some of who's here now:

8PO33LD.png62uJegM.pngKFeYlEb.png

Duessel, due to his injuries, only has 20 HP. His stats are okay, but he can very easily die to certain enemies, especially with his 5 AS. I also don't know why he has a Speedwing, cause as far as I know there's no way to get it. And yes, I wish I had the Wishblade.

YZsgNwJ.pngjkNecEv.png

The hero over on the gate at the right won't move either,  but he does drop that Short Axe and give you some hefty xp if you can kill him, which isn't exactly easy.

bBYDaGW.png

These are Selena's stats for the chapter. Not that impressive outside of the leadership stars, but as most of you likely know, she doesn't stick around. Her replacement boss does drop a Skill Ring for us, which is very handy to have.

Overall, I kinda view this chapter as a big risk-reward chapter. It's not too difficult once you're past the first few turns if you just wanna turtle, but if you want maximum rewards like the Short Axe, the Skill Ring, and rescuing the southern village, it gets a lot harder.

Also I want to point out that I was much less confident going into this chapter than I was in my other HM run, let me show you a few people I had at that point to compare (I still had a savestate there on that ROM!)

UuW6HEB.pngivq9hqo.pnga0Hbqoc.png

So a defense blessed Lugh with +2 move, a +6 move Arden, good Alec with +1 move, Nino was a troubadour so I had another healer, and both Rebecca and Nephenee were doing well too.

WKHpBrm.png

Duessel echoes my sentiments. However, this time we do have people like Kyle and Fee, and a Bolting tome, so maybe it won't be too bad! Let's get this started then, shall we?

nFRWpyw.pngSzektyY.pngt1aauhW.pngfehFmJ6.png

We start with Fee actually landing a crit when she attacks the first boat, leaving it at a nice 6 HP she can mop up next turn. Everyone else moves on up as Oscar starts to take on the Soldiers.

BiW5Sv7.png8aAHkS9.pngTHL29nf.png

aHBtV1h.pngRQZEDu1.pngrqmX3PY.png

Oscar and Nino both take some damage as the Pirates down south start advancing too.

07jvX00.pngGg2DnXU.png0f5HI1u.png6ospuaT.png

While he's not getting long term use, I'm very glad for Oscar during these chapters.

ayQJqVa.pnghSIf8LK.png

Duessel also takes some hard hits, but does finish the Fighter off.

8fGKlsH.png

He and his people all thankfully come towards me. They never attack anything on their turns, but the cavaliers will heal themselves with vulneraries at least. Still, the Duessel squad AI here can be really stupid sometimes, which can make this chapter frustrating.

After that turn, Valter flies in during cutscene mode and enters the base.

MHL8LJ5.pngM6eFqjE.png6W4fBSB.png77DuA5x.png

Wonder what Valter would have done differently if Selena had already actually beaten Duessel, or heck if he'd actually surrendered/been captured.

WONnhJR.pnglhJUMMh.pngSziAp5a.pngPMMmUo8.png

LlaRJvT.pngIGlCiTf.png

Good ol' Valter's up to his shenanigans, and then...Sedgar?

sVzo5si.pngPMDxxfx.pngDvmTDgA.png

p5lYfHy.pngnyyfPqi.pngHAYXlwy.png

So unfortunately, Sedgar isn't recruitable on this map. He does show up again way later under some...interesting conditions as a playable character, but on another interesting note, remember how there was the translators dialogue over our route choice, but there were 3 options? In the Japanese text, apparently the third choice had something to do with Sedgar, but I've never been able to find out if it actually does anything different, and I don't think I saw anything change when I picked it once.

goCqfpw.pngaPbj5vZ.pngokXTHTu.pngRT3pMfZ.png

r0y5l4Z.pnghMeijoz.pngtBufVCI.pngPK2yxKW.png

Again, at least we didn't have to fight both Duessel and Selena here, or all three of them...

TvAW0YP.pngZ0V5FU2.png7d5Cyej.pngordGt9H.png

Just blow him up too Selena, it'd make everyone's lives easier.

7TGuifv.pngcClzXu4.pngmosbKwa.pngyVmoSBL.png

ZbkUrkC.pnggoA95vk.pngrSRcw2j.pngUnB8Qjd.png

And with that, we're left with Sedgar as the actual boss for this chapter. Let's check him out!

zBacpY9.pngUvMvmm3.pngmOLyHyN.pngii9mUYA.pngn22fUuU.png

Stats thankfully aren't too crazy, but his skillset kind of is. Only 2 leadership stars is also nicer to deal with than Selena's 5. Interestingly, there is a little scene change if he survives after the chapter, but...he has the Skill Ring, so I'll be doing my darndest to kill him.

F4CnWQh.pnglznSwHK.png

Fee finishes the first boat, and gets a fairly good level out of it! Hopefully a sign of things to come.

mWVyKZY.pngEENYjo8.pngmYCNVBu.pngsiQxpTI.png

I forgot Nino has Wrath! But unfortunately she didn't crit.

seyaG0g.png19zq0Vk.pngS20w1Bw.png

As we move on here, Alec and Arden hit A.

t6mw6O6.pngggaXtYm.pngfY0YutA.png

Having one healer on this map kinda sucks, tbh.

Tzeo9T3.png1freixp.pngBzcHIjx.png

Not too eventful for an enemy phase. However...

pswkgJO.png

Duessel and his crew decide to do...this. Moving straight at them, blocking me from hitting them, and not attacking themselves. Definitely one of the more frustrating parts of this chapter.

x7nR0Sz.png

Mercenary reinforcements also start spawning on the forts over here.

V4BZ0MA.png0gO9ryH.pngjMlriVp.png

Nino heals, while Kyle moves down to take out this guy. He woulda done it with Accost, but I'll take a crit!

iIvefPP.png

Also of note, the Myrmidon has a Lancereaver, and he also doubles Duessel, which really spells some trouble.

4PBBKRV.pngs68AbbS.pngzMfVaYO.png6KOR9ms.png

Oscar unfortunately doesn't crit this guy, so Fee finishes him off.

9hbZret.png

Maybe talking with Duessel will make his AI better or do...something?

ZaVK5SW.pngVUVnmcQ.pngdjbxeXd.png

Don't mind that my unit placement looks slightly different here, I made a savestate a little before this to come record the conversation later, since I hadn't added in the English text for it yet when playing.

trQlYDE.pngCcxpQ0H.pngjkJWGT6.png1G2qYr4.png

YYdw4lz.pngJdSjENb.pngEUAO8Pj.pngqdtFVf9.png

Poor Duessel, again a shame you don't actually become recruitable here. He sticks around for some story stuff though.

Fy1JRzp.pngU8Jaohn.pngRANlsTK.pngBsncy9x.png

AMo2AeT.pngMvL7RAU.pngVAFBN28.png

VAFBN28.png53fgC6x.pngc3Rua5O.png

I do appreciate Ephraim's bluntness here, but it's what Duessel needs.

5YpUPR9.pngTqyBys0.png

So...gimme dat Speedwing? Or better yet your Wishblade? ...No? Aww....

However, this conversation does nothing to help Duessel's predicament. He'll die here pretty easily, especially with the Myrmidon doubling him. So, time to attempt to take things into my own hands here.

Which means it's time for...Cecilia to try to tank?

bXrtWVo.png

With a sword equipped and the Shield Ring, she has a much better shot at survival than Duessel. She could still die if everything hits her though, so let's take one more thing out of the equation.

h9kPCXl.pngIYRXJbk.png5MKpUMi.png

I hate having to use up two of my Bolting for something like this, but I don't wanna take the risk here.

3UZSvHb.pngs7w0o6l.pngZLomrFM.pngLpQIslM.png

Did he just slice Duessel in two?

o4LLvcQ.pngItbOw2H.pngTLBJ2Fx.pngLCqNMqq.pngN6TmjqA.png

So nobody even went for Cecilia anyways yet. Still, was safer putting her there I think, especially if one of the Boltings had missed.

v1dyvWO.png

Valkyries don't have a sword animation, which makes me sad. If only I knew something about doing FE animations I'd make one myself, but alas.

ZXghYES.png

Oh right, Heath has been here the whole time!

eAtiI7m.pngbNaf2y1.pngb0r4fes.png

We'll get to his write up once I recruit him, but for now he'll be running around with a Killer Lance which is a little scary.

fQ2TQiL.png

Duessel's people didn't do much, thankfully.

N5AoSrZ.png

Well we'll be plenty prepared with Torches I guess.

J2PJOKu.pngQAMr5J0.pngeJb0XTq.png

I really wish Aircalibur had been in FE7/8. Oscar also takes the boat down a bit, which should leave it in range to get one shot by Bolting, cause I don't think I have time to spare for Oscar to sit there wailing on it for 3 more turns, or for Fee to get herself over there safely.

bce9nP6.pngF80mSdv.png

Ooh, that brings her up to Killer Lance level, which is nice.

W7x7nwK.png9dXBZ3c.pngkARXFZR.pngPNvIYO8.png

Arden doesn't crit, which makes me sad, but at least I can finally get Nino a little xp again. Cecilia's most likely on heal duty for most of the chapter, which is fine.

8pVsxRN.pngLkibBpq.pngiWi23Gt.png

Kyle takes to blocking the bridge off, but doesn't crit the first Merc unfortunately.

Y6BYFD7.pngdyy5UD6.png

He does get the southern one who goes for him though!

urVgt3j.pnghC3i5Je.png

Duessel and co., why must you do this to me? Back to a tricky player phase then. Heath is currently connected to the bridge, so if I can get through two mercenaries Ephraim can talk to him. The other two wyverns make this tricky though, cause they can double team either Fee or Cecilia and kill either of them if they don't have the Shield Ring. Let's see what we can do here.

HALSweh.pngj0hvQQn.pngIWYfUv1.png

Great start from Kyle getting the crit. He's gonna move south after this in case I need him to beat the Pirates before they hit the village. His level's kinda meh, but I'll take more magic since it counts as Res. He's REALLY obsessed with getting skill though, it's getting kind of funny.

632oKud.png

Can Arden keep the crits going?

K7uFPV5.png

No, no he can't. I want Bors back...

rcMoNfN.pnglw9x9at.png0BvV2aw.png

Very thankfully, Fee lands her crit. Unthankfully, she gets that as a reward.

So let's move Ephraim over and get Heath on our side!

jiTwZGf.png2UmO1iM.pngoo9xAqi.pngOjawwDK.png

MWPp8Cd.pngx3dBmjl.pngS5QEsnT.pngZfXxCpT.png

nG1oj09.pngR1hcUVO.pngnGoxSuw.pngGmlAJuQ.png

So let's take a look at our only Wyvern Rider in this hack!

Oe4PZY5.pngfATfFzR.pngPHd0DTu.png

Growths: HP 80%, Str 50%, Mag 20%, Skl 50%, Spd 45%, Def 30%, Luck 20%, Mov 1%

Supports: Sedgar, Lance, Elincia

While I've never used him in the main game, Heath's fine. No skills, but his growths are all fairly good and his bases are workable. Probably the best thing about him is that Wyvern Lords in this game get axes in addition to lances and swords. Add to that the fact that Wyvern's have really good movement, you're looking at an at least 10 move flyer with great weapon triangle control and most likely good stats. Sure Pierce is nice if he goes WK, but I don't think it's worth giving up two more weapon types for, especially when you can get more WKs from the four (or five, if you hack in Fee) unpromoted Pegasi in this game if you so desire. It is kind of unfortunate that his supports are either both on Eirika's route, or you're Sedgar who joins very very late.

Anyways, let's go back to seeing if we can survive this turn!

vFNxFkc.pngVIkeiYq.png

Cecilia hides inbetween Duessel's and my people, so she's safe and hands off the Shield Ring to Fee before healing her up.

sFJ1a8f.pngolQdaLW.png

Lugh uses one Bolting to finish off the western boat, which drops a Skill Book. With Bolting being down to three uses now, I might have to Hammerne it soon.

GFH28mV.pngQRjU7WJ.png

Nino heals up and Rebecca gets close to her, but both stay out of range of the Wyverns as we end turn around here. Heath's heading for the village so I don't have to rush for the Pirates as much.

CbxF0aE.pngSzMAgRk.pngNLbsHVk.pngPXuRUqa.png

Ephraim and Kyle really have nothing to worry about themselves at this point.

mMCZmg8.pngmMCZmg8.png

Oh yeah, I had Lugh with Bolting still equipped. Thankfully, the other Wyvern should be out of range of him, so even if he hit I think I'd be safe.

yM4dQRs.pngfPmzTRn.png

Duessel's Cavaliers kinda suck, but hey there's an orange palette for them at least. That was there already, I didn't make that one.

D7qlPDv.png760jZpi.pngYMd2amB.png

Enemy phase ends with that, while the one hurt cav runs north and heals some. Unfortunately, a bunch of enemy reinforcements come right around then too.

vXUofgy.pngM5H8Sen.png

On my turn again, Heath visits the village to find...Dieck? He doesn't join us (yet), but does give us a nice Master Seal.

uVGqksD.pngHxNAueW.pngJKKoN85.png

Arden still won't crit anything, but it does let Nino get the kill.

BqdYLQT.png

Well, everyone wants skill today I guess.

ExZqmhy.pngh2IGteC.pngXCtgSPp.pngeAjisjv.png

It's nice when Cecilia can actually contribute in combat some.

5sFhbYK.pnglkaqfHv.pngktoVz1I.png

Please don't make this a level up trend, that's one of the most unsatisfying 3-stat levels possible...

3DifpOQ.pngFMP80vE.png

Fee hands off the Shield Ring to Lugh so that he can start mopping up the Mercenaries faster, since he's the only one who can reliably one round them. Plus, I wanna get him promoted sooner rather than later so I get another healer too.

ciFL8pF.pngTXUgHG8.png4mliJ18.png

Good start.

kMlagFH.pngANz99DS.pngpNsZZks.png

Geez, these level ups. However, he did miss HP, so we're one closer to seeing Ruben's dream realized.

b3s8FPX.pngau4iP1j.pngizYkScl.pngVCzH7J9.png

And that takes care of one wave. With any luck I'll be able to get to the Hero and start whittling him down before too long.

VwDlcmK.png3FFtRYK.pngoAvSWJk.png

I am getting a good amount of crits though, that Arden A is helping with that.

FzSVopE.pngKVpepUO.pngEOrGAuc.png

...Well, at least the one up top ran away.

9PdiJQ7.png

And say hello to wave two!

838bekj.pngDaA5h1t.png

Not much going on on my turn but some movement. Kyle's gonna head north to help Ephraim since they have a B support. I'm not too worried about Ephraim since he's got Reginleif and will proc Resolve if too many of them hit him. Oscar and co are gonna head south to try starting to clear out some people down there.

bvyMkNJ.pngr0m0oBe.png9zoA5sa.png

One of them is probably gonna die soon.

BE2U9jW.pngtPGSKQL.png95K7YRm.pngc48Rsxu.png

And of course they get doubled easily too.

juE4BKE.png0XMzdUK.pngkV9ESD7.pngl1ixTcs.png

Well, he's barely still alive I guess.

PwkwPnR.pngL6RnflI.png4T0gdXc.png6iGQA73.png

We'll be getting a lot of this coming up here.

SYPLOaC.png

Is the game trying to tell me something here?

SPbaZZL.pngs4F8yh6.pngUCO3hI5.png

And some of them start actually hitting him. So much for him getting luckier.

WvCpWnN.pngQ8hS23r.pngNGfCle6.png

Thankfully, Duessel's people get outta there and heal up a little. Ephraim heals up some while moving up, but of course the one Duessel cav decided to come back up there too.

8MWRxG3.png

Kyle takes out the Troubadour and blocks the enemies off from our NPC friend.

e2y6oiE.pngd5oPJn4.pngaX9IhSO.png

Fee takes a hit in this, but does kill the Cavalier up here.

OSeA077.png5Q019YZ.pngrM1s94H.png

Still no crits from Arden, but at least he can double the guy.

UTFeWyK.pngC63mtOe.png

So for a reason you'll see shortly, Arden needs to move south on the peninsula. To help that out, I had Alec rescue him with the thought that Oscar would drop him off further below, but...Oscar can't rescue Arden. I'm good at this guys.

kmVDvQ3.png1lC9nFA.png

Not even Nino's immune to this.

ZC4bDTh.png

Reminder that the Luna Shaman's the only one who moves among this group. The Archer has a Killer Bow, the Cavaliers each have Javelins, while one also has a Zanbato and the other a Killing Edge.

sMv6aKf.pngnaz9zPc.pngpnUw8cs.png

Some unneeded crits happen, but I'll take em!

6LjqQgS.png5fhhnR6.png3yukuo0.png

HaU7o3e.pngFNTdlcB.png

Lugh continues clearing out Mercs while trying to get to the Hero.

4Squ19u.png

Thanks Lugh! I'll definitely take that over another HP/Skill/Luck.

ALreMTK.pngte7VgIE.pngQLuJ12t.png

Hoping that's the last of the reinforcements on this island. Oh, just now seeing it reminds me, the shop that's on this island has Mines, but I'm not gonna be picking any up.

tfvUw0v.pngz8s2qJs.pngbr66keB.png

Alec's in not the best state since rescuing Arden turned out to be a bad idea, and Ephraim continues cleaning up the top.

eaFCuHj.pngAHBy5Ru.pngJKZEfpA.png

And doing a good job of it too! Though Resolve's procced at this point, which does help his survival some.

z6TERse.pngI8rAqi1.pngfjmKXva.png

I might actually get through this with them alive! Though I don't like Duessel going south...

IgZRfAA.pngpjcPxhS.pngfL6BLBx.png

Arden's dropped off (though one square too high) and Alec gets away, while Heath weakens this guy.

nYicvB5.pngPE6h2dG.png

Well for how little I've been using her, at least Rebecca's getting great levels.

cgSEYav.pngAokiEjq.png3dzpaXW.png

Well, strength is nice I guess.

i0wljIs.pngPixYtwD.png

Lugh gets healed up, then uses a Pure Water and positions himself to get attacked by the Hero.

HC9H9RY.pngnvC5J3u.png

I mean I guess that's fine Ephraim.

sViKS8K.pngoxgUVMn.pnguzYxr2T.png

Good start, though the gate healing is gonna get annoying.

fX92Ls8.png

We're on turn 10 now, and now there's also more Mercenary reinforcements on the bottom area, plus Wyvern reinforcements for a few turns.

UoHQZ9Z.pngRQUd0wl.png

Well, I wasn't expecting much else from her. Two more levels until another star though!

dVUTGwC.pngZbcclBU.pngkgAPWf0.png

Alec heals up, and Oscar takes out the Luna Shaman, eliminating one more potential big threat.

XzehSm5.png

So looking at another LP for this hack done as a community on one site, I learned this shop has Slim Lances! They won't be there on the overworld map afterwards, so I help myself to two of em since those are always nice to have.

TIlUH14.png

Heath heals up, and Ephraim has been rescue chained down this way a bit.

ZtUqFSq.pngxv5yJXZ.pngXPQmis0.pngojk5hZH.png

Not too much danger to Oscar there.

efupsBZ.pngVOjLTT6.png

Boo, Lugh!

tPNYvpS.pngSfzRX01.pnger2BbSp.png

Duessel's now running away up north. That troubadour gets to probably live since I don't have time to send someone to go kill her. Long as she doesn't come down and heal (she has a Physic) that's fine.

lZPj31U.png

Oh, Arden's now made it to here.

uN6ESpU.pngQqSbYNn.pngzob1zeL.pngSbpIiW0.png

I pulled most of this conversation from the equivalent one in FE4, though with a few modifications.

T1wgWmz.pngPEey1lw.pngGJinuB6.pngMLxIpY4.png

And with that, we have...

XVaLFb7.png

Yep, Arden gets us the Speed Ring! Thank you original translator's note document for informing me of this one!

pCPzHo0.pngp0mYXtK.png

Alec and Karin work on a supply chain to get the Speed Ring over to Lugh, cause if he has it he can double the Hero.

64Emzbo.pngxHHnoVz.png

So uh...not my best screenshots. I think that's Oscar attacking the Wyvern and killing it.

9BSasHs.pnghDWiQHX.pngxvevFUX.png9QGhqJi.png

CdK08zH.pngOJufVYe.pngHU3MDhr.png

It would help if the Hero missed an attack so I could safely attack him on my turn, but nope.

YGXp7lO.pngcLswYnK.png

We get the Speed Ring to Lugh, and this is just to demonstrate how you can be ridiculous by stacking rings and using things like Barrier/Pure Water. But as you've seen, it can be kind of necessary since promoted enemies are ridiculous.

Cigr3p8.pngRAISp5T.pngCy6KwcX.pngc0HAF4A.png

cqDcmOl.pngzb01gdt.png

Still kinda trudging through the reinforcements, only a few turns left here too.

Qtn3mBy.pngruNme44.pngomUAeFX.pngomUAeFX.png

The Mercenaries do mostly minor damage. Heath at least hits back I just forgot to cap it.

ra9vMcN.pngL9GAlQA.pngGqvD10X.pngRRkF1h1.png

And he's down!

syBrVHE.png

Sweet, I'm really loving this magic. Lugh's been such a good offensive unit so far, especially with help from Bolting. Oh, he's capped speed now, and is one point away from capping skill. I'm just happy my favorite character is turning out well and being incredibly useful.

DWUF5sk.pngKaw9oOk.png

Nice little reward there.

bIYGGGt.pngUfq5j2P.pngmoGGlnp.png

Hopefully that'll be handy someday.

bhJdDUk.png37yzPSq.pngm8bO0Nx.pngZwON3aY.png

Oscar's also been putting in major work this chapter. Actually, I'm generally happy with most everyone being at least somewhat useful this chapter, but especially Oscar, Ephraim, Kyle and Lugh.

jHMhb7Z.png8oIeeTW.png

Getting close to being done with these guys at least.

fKTwln3.png

Hooray! Finally some magic and speed again. Also, she's only level 4 and is only a few points behind Lugh in HP...

AxTlHFV.pngoovMrl7.png

More Slim Lances are definitely nice here too!

Rx3tjde.pngXysuoiR.png

Fee and Heath helped rescue chain Lugh down here, he might be necessary if I wanna get Sedgar killed in time.

H0yyTus.pngHxFQqDd.pngZyQGD0U.pngGnFjjZY.png

That one Cavalier really doesn't want me to have all of them survive.

r0ZyVuU.pngyyaZHEd.png

Thankfully he runs away again though!

CsrqYeS.png1geooKc.png

Oscar takes a small shot as hurting Sedgar.

GxXpB1W.png

Darn.

hkeBsSd.png

But he doubled? Oh! Sedgar's Accost proc'd, which meant I got an extra round of combat. Haha!

dXDI0vv.png

Not bad Oscar, I'll especially take more defense on you.

bJxPiZ8.pngoGtBILm.png

She'll probably cap speed soon, and hey, movement!

WL0l8mx.pngThk3wNB.png

Well, the strength is nice I guess.

ntjFxIY.png5R9qhMC.pngnGE3HtD.png

I had meant to have Kyle attack Sedgar this turn, but I misplaced Ephraim and he wouldn't have been able to get out of range. Kyle could probably survive it, but he'd get attacked four times and could get crit multiple times.

However, that is how we start the next turn.

G3Dtqgj.png4iB3kFY.png

Having the Critical skill on lance units is a lot of fun for just this reason.

f9JYEsz.png

And Kyle gets a great level out of it too! He still really wants all the skill, but I'm happiest about the defense.

5GWIOVU.png5QSdEtK.png

Nino finishes off the Pirate who wasn't bothering anybody, while Lugh moves in to hopefully finish off the Boss. If he misses though, I should be in a pretty good spot still to have someone get him.

nwswlSg.pngaXYYzlQ.pngQGBYcNT.png

Got him!

kwa9yX3.png

That's fine, he hasn't gotten those for a little bit. Also, three more levels Ruben, can he do it?

RpZGkfT.png

And another ring to add to the collection, this will definitely come in handy, especially for hard to hit bosses.

AeYhTBy.png8jhAAWN.pngetGY9mJ.png9yEF6jW.png

96vhvKW.pngkpxCC5T.pngC4ehfMC.png1ZV1yPn.png

Straight to the point, eh Ephraim? Poor Duessel's been through so much today though.

NuWkZSt.pngwGux5Cp.pngWhbW9Wf.png6UOvlKN.png

jLkP47M.pngl2BcoT2.pngDqWXm7q.pngwfpQR2t.png

fiDxzpU.png8wC9d4n.pngrfKCyMa.pngPKYBg6Q.png

6dNPPQX.pngQBkHjrf.pngg6f0Kc1.png7y0SAw9.png

I do have to wonder if Duessel ever tried bringing this up to Selena and Glen. Not sure if it would have done much good, especially for Selena, but still. Granted, she would have known a little bit more about magic stuff.

QiZkoaA.pngKQRBf7I.pngWJTfaNC.pngCmFrMlp.png

mqrmoAp.pngyxHxbMj.pngVIFMfSy.png0jj0xD4.png

Gsm27iS.pngNAhVaRi.pngRomThM9.pngMfMSbHK.png

While Ephraim jumps straight to that, I do wonder if it crossed his mind here that Lyon had been carrying it the whole time, and thus could have been affected just like Vigarde.

6jXmo5C.pngHWarifQ.pnglvI3to6.pngo49Usyx.png

6ja2QNZ.png9fvz4dR.png

I'm sure you can still find some use on the sidelines doing stuff in camp, Duessel!

wepyZss.pngWV5iqTf.pngFZcA0Ld.png

So, this is the first time I'd beaten this chapter in Green with all of the Cavaliers alive, so I wasn't actually sure up until this point that you got a reward or not. And I finally remembered to make orange Soldiers!

g8GIiE5.pngLXcTesH.pngR1jR0WI.pngJY8PcgT.png

VX182hd.pngNjbLPl4.pngeTzagQu.pngXPUupoK.png

Yes take your weird AI nonsense to them, not me!

ekhMv1L.pngOFpp47R.pngwUxy3sz.png

Oh, so that's why their AI is so wonky, they're older dudes!

hVPzEpH.png

That's a nice bonus there!

lXMvqiJ.pngODVad75.pngzJ8TJ4e.png4M2JfHk.png

Cecilia looks like she needs the rest in her half-blink shot.

0TRMQij.pngEUsXse7.pngx3rdSle.png

Well there's neither Dozla nor Rennac there. Also, I don't know why those tiles darken.

MhoTW83.pngLINSPwE.pngdSUuipT.pngEZU0yUx.png

LA Rachel sure does travel fast.

rqYdTBc.pngCnQDhHj.pngeucBOlw.pngH8qEmfj.png

I do like how this kind of makes her going in the wrong direction in Eirika's Chapter 9 make a little more sense. I think?

njuCfJr.pngDvLxqDS.pngv8SpATm.pngwoCOcpx.png

Well hello again Aion.

9A1mQwq.png

And...say hi to Danved everyone!

ZUUlBdc.pngZO7UTec.pngYpWUTzh.png1C3wt9C.png

eD3hXh8.pngjYLKXPA.png0vqVJ13.png

And they're off, I'm sure we'll see em again soon. Also the tiles go back to normal there.

y8vusVt.pngAogNO8U.pngtrhKwqr.pngSavk53o.png

Very slight change to allow one more conversation I wanted to add...

Lx8JwBz.pngdmztMA9.pngSHtRmG8.pnggVGKFsw.png

t2jYvXH.pngMiLPUva.pngNRl2hPZ.pngDszZne8.png

Figured this was a fun way to tie in that I'm having Lugh go Make Knight. Also they're my two series favorites so there's some bias in giving them a conversation, haha!

44297gz.pngkHBy9rJ.png6xidScG.png

xigsRMB.pngmNJUk29.png0XwkgWG.png

eqLL0nE.pngyNhWKy7.png7V9VaAn.pngvPGs1zc.png

7wjdT2B.png9OWHCtY.pngp1ZWbIX.png

q3NWHuH.pngevR7ktB.pngyjxA51s.pngj3kO93W.png

h7GffcO.pngEpwSncS.pngXkSZaV9.png6mK6SFS.png

miUzDkX.pngbVS9sW7.pngCLOdAr6.png

ngCu7JZ.pngyibKj7U.png4Kc9O2X.pngIF6ZcVR.png

UjQwZ4f.pngOsGiEjn.png3TFVph5.png

RqSVreN.pngy6AYuBU.pnghyOoEU0.png

1EsN73e.pngbEtb6ZP.pngSCzAuOK.pngVJLmwct.png

And that's it for Chapter 10-Ephraim! Man, I think that was the smoothest I've ever done this chapter before, I'm shocked I didn't need a reset and that all of Duessel's Cavaliers actually lived for once! Next chapter shouldn't be too bad, there's only one big thing I can think that might cause me to lose, but I'm hoping to keep this train going for as long as I can.There's also a conversation or two I'm really looking forward to doing, probably at Chapter 12. Until then, as usual thank you all for the patience in my slow uploading and let me know what you think. Hope you all enjoyed, take care until next time!

Overall Reset Count: 3

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

Eirika - 1

I have fond memories of this chapter. I played it last year for my LP (and I plan to upload it in the coming days, since I have an unexpected amount of free time for the channel), and it was laughs, raging and all around fun for the whole time.

(EDIT: I'm actually a fool, because I already have it up, and it's been there for months. What I actually had in mind was a different future chapter and I don't know why. Oops.)

I remember seeing the Hero and telling to myself "I'm not getting that axe". I remember reading the translated descriptions for Duessel and his weapon, and laughing madly at them.

I remember my first loss in this chapter, which was caused by me not noticing that Duessel had like 20 HP to start.

I remember browsing the shops and finding Slim Lances (I bought like 6 of those) and Mines (which I didn't buy because I'm not a cheating wuss).

I remember seeing the first wave of reinforcements and thinking nothing of it (standard fare, the vanilla game even uses the same formation), only to panic when the second wave appeared. And even that panic would then vanish in thin air as soon as I remembered that Ephraim had Resolve and could solo everything.

Great chapter overall, and I approached it in a very similar way. There's a lot of shit to do, and 15 turns can be surprisingly tight if the RNG is unkind. In my case I had to give up on the Short Axe and prioritize the Skill Ring, and of course some of Duessel's cavs ended up dying.

UG11, you lucky bastard, I was sure that it was almost impossible to save all three of them in HM, to the point where I was confident they wouldn't give me anything even if they survived, but here we are.

It's now painfully obvious that this game was never meant to be played on Hard. If obtaining secondary objectives becomes a luck-based endeavor, that's where people start seeing the lack of proper balancing Japanese modders are known for.

Edited by ShadowYoshi
Correction

I think you skipped me in replies, unless you had nothing to say in response. Either way, would have missed the update if I hadn't checked. :P

18 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

mVul77b.png0qJ8k0D.png

Think it was because he crit her.

51LI4V6.pngFTh55r5.png

Selena attacks him, missing the first strike and critting her second! Duessel doesn't attack back.

That's a surprise.

Also ouch, that's a lot of damage.

p5lYfHy.pngnyyfPqi.pngHAYXlwy.png

So unfortunately, Sedgar isn't recruitable on this map. He does show up again way later under some...interesting conditions as a playable character, but on another interesting note, remember how there was the translators dialogue over our route choice, but there were 3 options? In the Japanese text, apparently the third choice had something to do with Sedgar, but I've never been able to find out if it actually does anything different, and I don't think I saw anything change when I picked it once.

Oh look, it's Sedgar of all people.

Is he looking for Wolf or Coyote? How does that recruitment work?

mOLyHyN.pngii9mUYA.pngn22fUuU.png

Stats thankfully aren't too crazy, but his skillset kind of is. Only 2 leadership stars is also nicer to deal with than Selena's 5. Interestingly, there is a little scene change if he survives after the chapter, but...he has the Skill Ring, so I'll be doing my darndest to kill him.

Shame he couldn't have it stolen from him.

While I've never used him in the main game, Heath's fine. No skills, but his growths are all fairly good and his bases are workable. Probably the best thing about him is that Wyvern Lords in this game get axes in addition to lances and swords. Add to that the fact that Wyvern's have really good movement, you're looking at an at least 10 move flyer with great weapon triangle control and most likely good stats. Sure Pierce is nice if he goes WK, but I don't think it's worth giving up two more weapon types for, especially when you can get more WKs from the four (or five, if you hack in Fee) unpromoted Pegasi in this game if you so desire. It is kind of unfortunate that his supports are either both on Eirika's route, or you're Sedgar who joins very very late.

Heath defends pizza.

I can respect a pizza defender.

He gets a pass on the white bit of hair.

vXUofgy.pngM5H8Sen.png

On my turn again, Heath visits the village to find...Dieck? He doesn't join us (yet), but does give us a nice Master Seal.

So Dieck canonically speaks Japanese?

Also, he's as teal as Fiora!

XVaLFb7.png

Yep, Arden gets us the Speed Ring! Thank you original translator's note document for informing me of this one!

Oh Arden, him and his girlies and his powerful items.

I assume he can't get there on time on his own.

ngCu7JZ.pngyibKj7U.png4Kc9O2X.pngIF6ZcVR.png

That could have been better.

40 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I think you skipped me in replies, unless you had nothing to say in response. Either way, would have missed the update if I hadn't checked. :P

Huh, that's odd. Might have been when I copied everything over once I missed yours somehow, cause I remember typing out responses! Thanks for letting me know though.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:46 AM, Dayni said:

That image seems so unreal to me.

You know, I still don't really know why I didn't just cap all of Sethcilia's stats, but I still went ahead and gave ridiculous growth rates.

Mahnya's the name of her aunt as well. Yes, the pegasus is named after her.

I'd forgotten about that!

Considering we don't know how they get the wyvern, maybe they go and "offer" something to it so it'd come down. That's terrible.

I can't remember if there's any conversations where Tana or Vanessa talk about their Pegasi, since that could happen even after they've promoted to WKs.

Look, it's the Kyle Train!

I'm so glad he's doing well so far, it's been super helpful having a tanky cav who can sometimes quadruple attack things.

Seriously, why Fiora? Fee was right there.

I have no idea, to be honest.

She's still the worst of the BS pegasi imo, Farina has bases and Florina has early game going for her.

Yeah Fiora's probably my least favorite of the three as well.

My Boyd's barely faster in PoR and is at least level 12. I think he's 14 right now.

Point is that's no good.

Before promotion by Boyd was getting so RNG screwed. He started catching up a little bit afterwards, but it still made me very sad.

Maybe they wanted to implement that triangle attack at one point?

Maybe they wanted less lances because there's so many already?

This could have been worked around, eh?

Yeah that's my only thought on it, but if it wasn't finished or able to be done I still think they coulda made him a Cavalier or Paladin.

I'd be fine with a Druid path, though I'd see what other people say on that. Also, I really want to see that Asvel support personally.

Well, I'll go ahead and use him then! I don't know much about his character but I'll try to figure out at least some conversation to have the two of them have. Also, using Asvel is harder than using Nino, he comes as a level 1 Mage midway through Chapter...13 Eirika? That'll be fun!

42 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That could have been better.

Ah, sorry to disappoint, but I appreciate the critique. Always feel free to let me know what I could be doing better (either here or PMs or whatever), especially with that sort of stuff! I'll get to the rest of this reply on the next update!

I'll just do ahead and respond quickly there, mainly to clear the air a bit.

6 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Yeah Fiora's probably my least favorite of the three as well.

It's quite clear turquoise and teal is enough for this game.

Bit of a shame, imagine if Ced or Alm was the lord.

6 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Well, I'll go ahead and use him then! I don't know much about his character but I'll try to figure out at least some conversation to have the two of them have. Also, using Asvel is harder than using Nino, he comes as a level 1 Mage midway through Chapter...13 Eirika? That'll be fun!

Ouch, that's a shame.

5 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Ah, sorry to disappoint, but I appreciate the critique. Always feel free to let me know what I could be doing better (either here or PMs or whatever), especially with that sort of stuff! I'll get to the rest of this reply on the next update!

Oh, that's not what I meant by that!

I actually don't have complaints with the writing, though I must admit that sentence could have been clearer on that.

No need to respond by that right now.

On 14/1/2019 at 12:08 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

I might be missing something, but wouldn't her res be equal? Mag = Res in this game, it isn't halved or anything.

You're probably right. I'm just accustomed to TRS, I guess.

While I do really like Nino still, I think we both care for her sons more than her. One of these days I should figure out a bit more specifically about some of my favorites. Lugh, Cecilia and probably Raigh are top 3 in that order, Nino's high up there, and I don't really know what the rest look like. Jerrot is pretty high up there somewhere though, I've just always really liked him. I like a lot of 6's cast, of playing through PoR Devdan/Danved is probably one of my favorites too.

I've always had too much trouble trying to arrange my favourite characters, to the point where I've given up. Arran, Frey, Frost, Matthis, Tomas, Malice, Lot and Wade, Jerrot, Cecilia, the mage twins of FE6, Hugh, Knoll, Lyon, Moulder, Duessel, Syrene, Forde, Wallace, Renault... add to that my favourites from TRS, like Lee, Mintz, Raquel, etc. and the list is just gigantic. I'm probably forgetting some people, too!

JILrzP7.png

That messenger totally looked like that normally.

I like the color swap. Very nifty.

0qJ8k0D.png

A lot of things were shaken that day. Not Cecilia, though, she just got some nondescript healing from a sucky-ass Shaman and she was good as new. Stats can suck my dick, this woman kicks ass.

51LI4V6.pngFTh55r5.png

For a moment there I thought Selena had killed the man. Good thing she didn't.

and then...Sedgar?

sVzo5si.png

zBacpY9.png

Soooo you kill him and then he reappears later on in the game. I assume with some stat increases, 'cause as it is, he's more or less exactly the same as Oscar.

What can I say, aside from the fact that I like his DSFE design better. At least there every archer, horseman and other bow units didn't look the exact same.

So nobody even went for Cecilia anyways

They were afraid of her.

Ah, yeah, Heath. FE is usually rather grounded with its characters' design, even if they're very clearly anime-ish, but this fellow? Jesus Christ, look at the hair! The weird eyes! The random crack in his shoulder pad! It's just... urgh. To me, not very good. But at least he has green hair.

vXUofgy.pngM5H8Sen.png

No translation makes me sad, but I guess he'd only say the same thing as Marisa normally does here, "meta jokes meta jokes I can't use this because no level 10".

SYPLOaC.png

Is the game trying to tell me something here?

Yes, that it wants you to quit. Don't take it personally, though, the RNGoddess doesn't like humanity in general, it's not just you.

CsrqYeS.png1geooKc.png

Oscar takes a small shot as hurting Sedgar.

Oh my goodness, that palette! It's so ugly! It looks like he's got mint-flavored gum all over him and his horse! Look at how great Oscar's sprite is! What happened?

uN6ESpU.pngQqSbYNn.pngzob1zeL.pngSbpIiW0.png

I pulled most of this conversation from the equivalent one in FE4, though with a few modifications.

References! I knew that stretch of land looked tacky.

f9JYEsz.png

And Kyle gets a great level out of it too! He still really wants all the skill, but I'm happiest about the defense.

Kyle just keeps on kicking ass and earning names.

kwa9yX3.png

That's fine, he hasn't gotten those for a little bit. Also, three more levels Ruben, can he do it?

He only needs two non-HP levels. C'mon, kid! Do not let me down! Or should I say, do let me down... but in a way that will not be disappointing... so that the disappointment is what I want to get, and not a let down? Urgh... my brains.

FZcA0Ld.png

So, this is the first time I'd beaten this chapter in Green with all of the Cavaliers alive, so I wasn't actually sure up until this point that you got a reward or not. And I finally remembered to make orange Soldiers!

Not bad, but I recommend touching up the green. Both tones are too similar, it looks like a plain block of color. Combined with the dark orange lines, it just looks like crap (no offense). Try to make one of the greens a lot darker, that should work.

woCOcpx.png

Well hello again Aion.

9A1mQwq.png

And...say hi to Danved everyone!

It's random FE7 recolor again and probably the worst of the Radiant Dawn sprites I've seen in this game so far. Sure, Elincia looked like she had taken a frying pan to the face, but with this guy, they didn't even bother to resize him so his shoulders weren't cut off so obviously.

Also, what's with L'Arachel's entourage constantly changing? You'd think it would've been really easy, Dozla also has green hair, he only needed to grab a green-haired Thief and replace Rennac with him. And guess what, Sothe was perfect for the role, but since the creator wanted Sothe to be the Jeigan oh so bad, it couldn't be. And then he decided he didn't like Dozla enough to put him in the game over the myriad of blue-haired fools (and Orsin) that he shoe-horned in. Please tell me Dozla is in this game. If he isn't, then I officially don't understand this hack.

t2jYvXH.pngMiLPUva.pngNRl2hPZ.pngDszZne8.png

Figured this was a fun way to tie in that I'm having Lugh go Make Knight. Also they're my two series favorites so there's some bias in giving them a conversation, haha!

I could totally see this being a support in FE6. Please do not drop this little plot line.

UjQwZ4f.pngOsGiEjn.png3TFVph5.png

RqSVreN.pngy6AYuBU.pnghyOoEU0.png

Ouch. That was awkward. Now poor Nino will lose her sleep wondering what exactly made her abandon her two children like that.

And that's it for Chapter 10-Ephraim! Man, I think that was the smoothest I've ever done this chapter before, I'm shocked I didn't need a reset and that all of Duessel's Cavaliers actually lived for once! Next chapter shouldn't be too bad, there's only one big thing I can think that might cause me to lose, but I'm hoping to keep this train going for as long as I can.There's also a conversation or two I'm really looking forward to doing, probably at Chapter 12. Until then, as usual thank you all for the patience in my slow uploading and let me know what you think. Hope you all enjoyed, take care until next time!

Uh-oh, you've gotten lucky? There's only so much luck to go around... and I'm likely going to play TRS today, since the voting's winner seems to be pretty clear... feeaaaarrr...!

Hey guys, I have a question for you :

I've just finish the green patch and i found in the support section that I miss a pegasus knight.

I have Vanessa, Elincia, Karin, Farina, Syrene and Tate.

Can someone say to me where and how to recruit her ?

Thanks guys ! Keep doing your great LP ! :P

4 hours ago, Jayko04 said:

I've just finish the green patch and i found in the support section that I miss a pegasus knight.

I... think you mean Fee? I dunno.

She's normally unused, you'd have to hack her in yourself.

16 hours ago, Jayko04 said:

12 hours ago, OmegaSamurai said:

I... think you mean Fee? I dunno.

She's normally unused, you'd have to hack her in yourself.

^This. She's unused, so you're not getting her ever.

Alrighty, 11 Ephraim time! I've had most of this chapter done for a while, just work got insane this past week and will be insane for another week or two unfortunately :(

But alas, let's go!

On 1/13/2019 at 7:58 PM, ShadowYoshi said:

I have fond memories of this chapter. I played it last year for my LP (and I plan to upload it in the coming days, since I have an unexpected amount of free time for the channel), and it was laughs, raging and all around fun for the whole time.

(EDIT: I'm actually a fool, because I already have it up, and it's been there for months. What I actually had in mind was a different future chapter and I don't know why. Oops.)

I should check out yours sometime!

I remember seeing the Hero and telling to myself "I'm not getting that axe". I remember reading the translated descriptions for Duessel and his weapon, and laughing madly at them.

I remember my first loss in this chapter, which was caused by me not noticing that Duessel had like 20 HP to start.

I've lost to that in the past before too, thankfully not this time!

I remember browsing the shops and finding Slim Lances (I bought like 6 of those) and Mines (which I didn't buy because I'm not a cheating wuss).

I remember seeing the first wave of reinforcements and thinking nothing of it (standard fare, the vanilla game even uses the same formation), only to panic when the second wave appeared. And even that panic would then vanish in thin air as soon as I remembered that Ephraim had Resolve and could solo everything.

I'd forgotten they were there in vanilla too.

Great chapter overall, and I approached it in a very similar way. There's a lot of shit to do, and 15 turns can be surprisingly tight if the RNG is unkind. In my case I had to give up on the Short Axe and prioritize the Skill Ring, and of course some of Duessel's cavs ended up dying.

Lugh's always been a great help for me in getting the axe, and I was happy to have thought of ferrying the speed ring to him to make it faster/

UG11, you lucky bastard, I was sure that it was almost impossible to save all three of them in HM, to the point where I was confident they wouldn't give me anything even if they survived, but here we are.

It's now painfully obvious that this game was never meant to be played on Hard. If obtaining secondary objectives becomes a luck-based endeavor, that's where people start seeing the lack of proper balancing Japanese modders are known for.

I...disagree, at least to an extent. This chapter it's definitely a bit much, though that's more due to the wonky AI of the Cavaliers then anything else, and just wait till Chapter 17... But the rest of the game other than that I wouldn't agree that it's not meant to be played on hard. Nothing I've come across so far (up to Chapter 16, anyway) has felt impossible, and the game gives you plenty of tools and ridiculous things to use yourself too. I hadn't even used any of my statboosters yet in my other file, plus there's still grinding if you absolutely need it.

On 1/14/2019 at 1:09 PM, Dayni said:

Think it was because he crit her.

I maintain that that's worse than whatever Grado tremor they felt.

That's a surprise.

Also ouch, that's a lot of damage.

It's a neat addition I like.

Oh look, it's Sedgar of all people.

Is he looking for Wolf or Coyote? How does that recruitment work?

It's not that the recruitment intself is hard or strange, more something with Sedgar himself. I can let you know if you'd like!

Shame he couldn't have it stolen from him.

Yeah...I just can't pass it up to test out my curiosity.

So Dieck canonically speaks Japanese?

Also, he's as teal as Fiora!

Yeah it really is teal...also I need to stop being lazy on village visiting.

Oh Arden, him and his girlies and his powerful items.

I assume he can't get there on time on his own.

He can, especially if you're any luckier than me and he's gotten more than +1 move. And heck I horribly flubbed my rescue chain attempt.

Ouch, that's a shame.

Could be worse, plus it makes him a half decent candidate for the afa's drops equivalent you get a few chapters later.

Oh, that's not what I meant by that!

I actually don't have complaints with the writing, though I must admit that sentence could have been clearer on that.

Ah okay, sorry for the misinterpretation!

On 1/16/2019 at 8:59 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I've always had too much trouble trying to arrange my favourite characters, to the point where I've given up. Arran, Frey, Frost, Matthis, Tomas, Malice, Lot and Wade, Jerrot, Cecilia, the mage twins of FE6, Hugh, Knoll, Lyon, Moulder, Duessel, Syrene, Forde, Wallace, Renault... add to that my favourites from TRS, like Lee, Mintz, Raquel, etc. and the list is just gigantic. I'm probably forgetting some people, too!

Dang this makes me want to attempt to make some sort of list myself, even if not ordered. Syrene's an interesting choice, don't see much talk about her. Also, both she and Renault come later, and Renault can technically support Raigh! I think Knoll still shows up once in the story too, though it might just be for the flashback.

I like the color swap. Very nifty.

Thanks!

A lot of things were shaken that day. Not Cecilia, though, she just got some nondescript healing from a sucky-ass Shaman and she was good as new. Stats can suck my dick, this woman kicks ass.

Seeing more Cecilia appreciation makes me happy.

Soooo you kill him and then he reappears later on in the game. I assume with some stat increases, 'cause as it is, he's more or less exactly the same as Oscar.

Yes. With some stat increases and some other differences...

They were afraid of her.

Makes sense to me.

Ah, yeah, Heath. FE is usually rather grounded with its characters' design, even if they're very clearly anime-ish, but this fellow? Jesus Christ, look at the hair! The weird eyes! The random crack in his shoulder pad! It's just... urgh. To me, not very good. But at least he has green hair.

I guess he never stuck out too much to me but yeah...you're right.

No translation makes me sad, but I guess he'd only say the same thing as Marisa normally does here, "meta jokes meta jokes I can't use this because no level 10".

Again, I should stop being lazy on village visits, especially if there's characters there.

Oh my goodness, that palette! It's so ugly! It looks like he's got mint-flavored gum all over him and his horse! Look at how great Oscar's sprite is! What happened?

I'd never taken too close a look but I like your description of it there!

Kyle just keeps on kicking ass and earning names.

He's very well earning his keep this run!

He only needs two non-HP levels. C'mon, kid! Do not let me down! Or should I say, do let me down... but in a way that will not be disappointing... so that the disappointment is what I want to get, and not a let down? Urgh... my brains.

You've got me in this mindset now too!

Not bad, but I recommend touching up the green. Both tones are too similar, it looks like a plain block of color. Combined with the dark orange lines, it just looks like crap (no offense). Try to make one of the greens a lot darker, that should work.

Fair, I should have taken another look over it. I'll show an updated go at some point before it gets used again.

It's random FE7 recolor again and probably the worst of the Radiant Dawn sprites I've seen in this game so far. Sure, Elincia looked like she had taken a frying pan to the face, but with this guy, they didn't even bother to resize him so his shoulders weren't cut off so obviously.

I really wish I had portraiting skills to fix it.

Also, what's with L'Arachel's entourage constantly changing? You'd think it would've been really easy, Dozla also has green hair, he only needed to grab a green-haired Thief and replace Rennac with him. And guess what, Sothe was perfect for the role, but since the creator wanted Sothe to be the Jeigan oh so bad, it couldn't be. And then he decided he didn't like Dozla enough to put him in the game over the myriad of blue-haired fools (and Orsin) that he shoe-horned in. Please tell me Dozla is in this game. If he isn't, then I officially don't understand this hack.

Don't worry Dozla's still in, he's the only possible Berserker. He just shows up on Eirika's route actually. This does make me think...I wonder if you could make the argument that Dart might have green hair under his bandana, since IIRC you don't see his hair at all ever.

I could totally see this being a support in FE6. Please do not drop this little plot line.

I'll try to get at least another conversation or two between em!

Ouch. That was awkward. Now poor Nino will lose her sleep wondering what exactly made her abandon her two children like that.

Yeah I imagine that's kinda rough to have dropped on you all at once.

Uh-oh, you've gotten lucky? There's only so much luck to go around... and I'm likely going to play TRS today, since the voting's winner seems to be pretty clear... feeaaaarrr...!

I'm so sorry, after seeing what's happened in your run. I've been mostly keeping up I just haven't gotten to a longer response yet, though I might just make a quick one next time to keep it easier.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:25 AM, Jayko04 said:

It's Fee, she takes the spot Tana was in. Like the others mentioned I just hacked her in myself.

Thanks! Glad you're reading!

On 1/24/2019 at 9:23 PM, OmegaSamurai said:

Besides, even if you did hack her in, I think she uses the generic palette that all Pegasus Knights without assigned palettes share, so you'd have to make one of those as well.

She actually just still has Tana's, as she takes her spot. Thanks to you and ShadowYoshi for filling in and answering for me though, appreciate it!

Chapter 11 time!

Spoiler

4NBvmMV.pngLg4DEo6.png1Gu3Kwl.pngwH9iZEq.png

3ViYgw3.png1kiPES3.pngjVbRZUV.pngFmiwbr0.png

bJP17MV.pngCAxSbnA.png13ktobA.png730FdGQ.png

Vigarde's real eager to lose his people it seems.

uvKzngk.pngxZ9uw9i.pngI1K0NWB.pngYLgtNHf.png

TDrZF1z.pngnm6OK2F.pngqFH64Nj.png88l6caX.png

gB78RW5.pngvprkrVc.pngINzCzi7.pngsYG1IuC.png

I'm not sure if that's true anymore given we get a different Manakete in this game, but Myyrh's still here too...

ijqcfDJ.pngSFrlrth.pngCT2VhcH.pngpZLX4rB.png

0min809.pngfUYnaIm.png85REhPQ.pngJrfW4ff.png

Wonder what the Dragonstone would have let him do...

UjuWpY2.pngsBABYdx.pngi0YEKj5.png

Like I've said, I do really like Selena, and when I was a kid I'd wished she was recruitable.

rxWxsJX.pngmpFmnr9.png8LUs5dc.png9AKVHig.png

Back to Ephraim we go!

gw5kGZa.pnghFDajg1.png9Yr6yPL.png0Mmm4EL.png

I wonder how many days the voyage of in these few chapters actually takes.

hOUTMj1.pngvstSG5B.pngqfBZZvk.pngE9GihWH.png

Not much to say, but I do like this little bit of Ephraim.

CoqSchJ.pngIcIlSxv.pngjCVHmfj.pngypQN0tk.png

fnmdzZk.pngIPHj7rE.pngitsPPBw.pngYLZTGZS.png

oTGDwTh.pngc3HYQeW.png

Hey look it's everyone's favorite teleporty man!

qnRsXxb.pngaW44zDY.pngz3YbIND.pngALB84OU.png

3GkeE3S.png

So...it took me way too many tries to get a screen shot of the teleport, I actually had to slow down the emulator...

J3QyNZ3.png

Not much to say about the map since we can barely see it, but it's not too different from the Sacred Stones version.

tQ6Z1Ne.png

So I could technically give Pugi to Boyd buuut...I feel like it just wouldn't be fair giving it to anyone but Lotsin.

YdXTo6L.pngw9qjcoz.pngpWVSCrv.png

That's my ring distribution for now anyways, let's see if I end up trading around mid-map or not. And with that, time to get started!

eGe1yXx.pngrdM9zIt.png

Seeing as the Torch staff has 20 uses and Cecilia needs all the xp she can get, I'll start by lighting up over there. Sure, I could light up the enemy ship but...you'll see later. Let's just say I don't remember when people come from over there.

3DSryUb.pngyzwBdjv.pngJ5lREl1.png

And before the enemy ship even gets here we start seeing some enemies.

fQKbLwh.png5TDYVvJ.pngv07ca0f.png

Well that's new!

T5WiHVS.pngiioeqrf.pngZWQ0ZTz.pngO08ioX6.png

Would prefer someone else like Nino get the kill, but that's fine.

SBt8brZ.pngGs5oxHU.pngE9HiYRn.png

So some of the eyes up there don't move. Yet, anyways...

K5NAE20.pngjfa3Tpb.png

It's good when I get the x2 to cover up the actual number of damage, right?

ecuA4U2.png

Pretty good!

kEBkZTx.pngc4wMEw7.pngY0BuSAY.png

I'll be trying to make it so I can get Lugh promoted by the end of this chapter, so might be feeding him a bit. Kyle will probably be my next priority after him.

DXncbbV.pngNt9IlH3.png

Fee and Ephraim get a C Support!

FW9nB8t.pngcrkgmaE.png

vUhNbt5.png7jKgCUr.pngaGidk7Z.png

wZJWMZq.png0uFK0tP.png

This'll be fun guys! Though I'm pretty sure the eyes still won't move for a little while.

J3O1PQy.png

Let's see exactly what we're dealing with here...

X2PCaFL.pngCJ8SHMu.png

Goodie! Two Entombeds are a little scary.

qNnUzWs.pngc1NlM0J.png

On the other hand, the boss Wight isn't too bad, and doesn't move.

Eejyax4.pngwzs9Nuo.png

I still can't remember when people spawn in further back or when they eyes move, so I'm a bit scared here. Also I put Fee in Archer range...

gYHohKd.pngSAFRpiO.png6nFOz7D.png

3T3rH6o.png

Kinda what I expect, I'll take it from her.

DMfHg3G.png7YTHPRQ.pngeY0IVo2.pngkyQqcYl.png

I'm really glad I saw that the Slim Lances were buyable last chapter.

coWd9Nr.png956u0vO.pngnELrwbT.pngBbDC00H.png

For all I talked crap about it, I do really love Accost sometimes.

nCbvXFq.pngTRM88g3.pngR9CvmO5.pngqYSscv5.png

She does get another level up somewhere in here or a little later that I missed the shot of. She gained an HP, Mag, Speed and Luck.

VAdpKLz.png

So the Archer just...doesn't attack Fee. Cool! Thanks game! My turn again.

Qc11fsV.pngR5OgzI8.pngfNDDPKa.png

769qvUw.pngucAW7Gx.pngtFVXyAU.pngDhpDkpC.png

You know, it'd be nice if Fire did extra damage to the zombie enemies. Come to think of it, Anima having a couple bonuses against certain monsters would have been nice, since once you can only fight monsters there's almost no more Light magic for them to be effective against and they'll always have triangle disadvantage against magic enemies. Have fire spells good against the zombies, SS could have had Aircalibur for fliers, etc.

vEbHRar.pngy43X0L5.pngWXIy1Fv.png

I again just always wish those low RNs were used for levels instead, or movement growths!

m8xLsib.pngZJFES2y.png

Keeping the back torched gets Cecilia an...actually good level? Hey, keep trying your best Cecilia!

HownI05.pngyjBgVml.pngnyW66iR.pngAQNB1wB.png

xjImCPj.pngqg0Jc75.pngEOWgszw.png

Arden continues to make me, himself, and his friends sad. Well, Alec might be getting a kick out of this.

SNTZxC2.pngiznr21t.pngD7SbMEv.png

98oNgzb.pngecyWhfK.png

Hooray for more fliers waiting in the fog!

f1ciFhz.png2PGgsft.pngl2foN31.pngL7xFpZd.png

Good thing these guys have terrible accuracy and no leadership stars on their side.

gXSn5VO.png1L6tN4n.pngnwHlnCU.png

Hey look more friends!

HEJJIl2.pngEkdXYTF.pngEggR1kv.png

Danved's portrait here is...yeah. If I had portrait skills I'd maybe try to fix it. Maybe still will someday if I get time.

zbx8mMz.pngkgLMRqe.png99SD2TE.pngMcHVDrb.png

JGQDivh.pngpDrPOJb.pngIqfFyVJ.png

So LA Rachel has made her recruitable appearance on this route, with a Danved in tow. We'll get to their stats when we recruit them. In the mean time...

mN98w7B.pnguVv0U7x.png2OvNgsn.png

Closer friends! So while I played through my hacked SS copy for some text recording, I didn't realize these guys actually pop up on Ephraim's route in the vanilla game, it'd been so long since I played SS.

Suffice to say we're in a bit of a jiffy here. I think the eyeballs start moving now too. Joy...

SmMt12D.pngSmMt12D.pnggNVboZv.png

Entombeds are ridiculous, seeing as we're getting ?? level health already.

aV7MhG6.pngtmRiCug.png

And unfortunately, Ephraim doesn't crit the second hit. That is the risk with Slim Lances, due to their low might it really sucks when you don't get that crit.

gj12UUY.pngtDTKYkr.png

Nino continues rolling out much lower crits though.

oENulwb.png

Eh. I wonder if she'll take after her sons in the "Don't get magic for 4-5 levels" department. Granted, both of them made up for it after that, so hopefully she'd do the same.

N05Qo5b.pngxt3wJ7k.pngLkK39a7.png

Moving Kyle out to hopefully tank a little while Lugh finishes the Entombed.

J6gfTSb.png1x6aHMY.png

Hey, Nephenee decides to actually get in on the action!

wLyw0XM.pngd93cr1d.png6nGv1UQ.png

I realize I mis-placed Oscar here, he should have been one square to the left to protect Rebecca. I have to improvise cause of this, so Fee (I almost just typed Karin...) picks up Rebecca and moves over below Nino.

npetaCt.pngTg2jjSM.pngcZAXJ5x.png

Cecilia takes the Shield Ring to be able to survive the turn, before healing Ephraim up and getting to S staves! Alrighty, I think I'm in best position to survive this, but let's see...

HhCbnIQ.pngoIAMrBf.pngA9yPD8H.png

J1cl7QJ.png0c3dzDD.png8WUNYSo.png

Well, her speed does happen to be good.

ok3LVFr.png

Well dang, Nephenee's really trying to win back some points here.

M6bEbt2.png5tfhOgb.pngExvN6jo.pngM1f6mu1.png

Fee gets doubled, though the Javelin wasn't helping with that...she should be safe though.

37PdHIg.pnggmOMONR.pngw0xfVIp.png

ZMIttjl.pngz3YuKy0.pngCwAyCsg.pngne5AGsH.png

Devdan makes quick work of this guy!

pBmVCDk.pngUIdZLzb.pnghyjjoAx.pngmzVDLi2.png

And another one!

0tuZjL5.pngfXSL0tf.png6pxxBbZ.pngmU9p2Qt.png

3Vzg4M3.pngOcmfu9Y.png

Nephenee and Alec both taking some damage...getting a little worried.

nyFib3u.pngkIGldOI.png

My mages really like to crit, don't they?

XwAOkkV.png

Very nice! We're equal on HP now, skill is capped, and more magic helps!

BTWXRRT.pngt8gYHhZ.pngfIhOj7k.pngiPY2Efn.png

TWDHkT2.pngaH56iyk.pngG95Pgpr.png

She takes a hit, but at least can deal a lot back to the boss! On to ally phase then.

cT35NIp.pngBY75QpA.png

At least I'll get the Bright Lance from him, pretty nice for one shotting monsters.

yDEaQMt.pngAZvtzk3.png

Well, a few more tough turns, let's do this!

H82Ls34.pngfhTJa6G.png

Well, if she'd been trying to make one last attempt at getting on the team, this wasn't how to do it. To be fair, she's capped two stats and isn't actually that bad by any means, I just wanna use other people instead.

XW2KLP6.pngpGfp7EA.pngSAFO8LC.png

Well that's nice at least.

p0aDZwj.pngaj6KOuI.png

Woah, Arden actually got a crit when I needed it!

OA7yleG.pngOkQU9m8.pngNzcUkdd.pngOzTDGJ7.png

Taking out some of the stragglers with these two.

IN8kBW7.pngnS12W9o.pngbooBbfQ.pngao07MPI.png

Nino takes a Pure Water to go tank some of the eyes (I can't remember their name while writing this right now) while Alec takes another hit killing that monster.

w7IkdKq.pngVbWiEJY.png5ug3RPX.png

Man nobody can dodge right now.

GPSpdDX.png

It's...not the worst? I guess?

CnW8pg1.png5YCD8gK.pngTZawskt.pngD0m1f9O.png

At least when Kyle takes a hit it barely does any damage.

ltShFrH.png

Here's our ending formation as the eyeballs come to swarm us. The guy Kyle killed let him move one space up to be in Ephraim's support range, which helps. Crossing fingers now...

ZxnJOpS.pngkWBUHeP.pngYO5xsG5.png8u9bqC3.png

MUOKRfs.pngjzEaxHD.pngZ657E7C.png5wWb8CA.png

Oh gosh. This isn't gonna go well now is it?

JQdzuo0.pngTJo9d0b.png

Alec that's barely gonna help anything at all!

o4b97AT.pngKgQQzPZ.png3iutW73.png

Well Arden's actually doing well so far.

IqEqxSm.png9j8NydX.png

No crit that time though makes me very sad.

AXZ53Yg.pngzUOrz0a.pngAOu9dEj.png

Kyle, I'm not so worried about you at least.

2hSWthQ.pngciFzkZg.pngxTfjKRT.pngIJfzATa.png

Again, not getting crits when I need 'em, and if she'd gotten a point more of magic she coulda killed these guys...

YzkLoC0.pngK6mKBy0.pngRXxCkxK.png

You know, I considered buying her a Lightning tome before this chapter and I really should have. This'll take up a lot of my Aircalibur too...

656OITT.pnghb6ZvRn.pnggYWGVZk.png

Hurt, but she'll be fine...

xLbA4K6.png

AAAAHHHHH! Phew...man. What is it about the speed Cavaliers this run wanting to make things difficult for me. Don't be like Lance, Alec!

IFf3yuJ.pngCzzhkGt.pngGsU5ana.png

Meanwhile, Kyle's doin just fine and dandy!

MtUbeGF.pngg6nvDXi.png

Danved takes a hit, but he should be able to hit that one on his turn.

gw2oA1J.png2n33Sf9.png9Zcy7dk.pngYlXHPSt.png

WG88rhM.pngJRhhXV3.png

Man, having one healer right now really sucks. Fortify would be so lovely here...

57qyZet.pngVOZt3n0.png

At the very least if he'd been hit Ephraim would have procced Resolve.

9R1WG8P.png

Devdan easily takes out the one other eyeball over there by stabbing it...not in the eye. People really should work on their aim on these things.

Alrighty, so hopefully this should be the last difficult turn. I can't take out everyone, I only have one healer, Rebecca is still rescued by Fee, so I'm gonna have to position smart here.

4jPCTwH.pngK0c1XwP.pngXjxY17e.png

HP still equal, and he won't cap magic now, but that's fine.

LGS4aJS.pngF1HVWg1.pngDzVu7OY.png

Fee, you had one job! Ugh...great.

hAwkhHq.png3CrTbvl.png

Cecilia grabs some Pure Water and goes up to block some space.

67NA1Sb.pngd6uGyjX.png

Alec hands a Javelin to Arden before running to the bottom corner of the ship.

P825MTO.pnguu0CReN.png

Still good, but still no magic.

ITHKxBq.pngTNuO9aK.pngLabDJlp.pngOXlWt2m.png

It turns out Arden had a 1% chance of missing with a Javelin, so he takes Nephenee's Short Spear so I can be sure.

nyy3OXz.pngFHub674.png9MIynE5.png

u46XRYU.png7JTKZ1x.png

Kyle succeeds where Fee fails.

IAbXMCx.png

Well Kyle's just said screw the rules to being the strength Cavalier. He does have green hair...

VNjZgXr.pngtDkHCGG.pngLmIhbuT.png

And with that, I think I've blocked off all the too vulnerable people. Cecilia can't take damage thanks to the Pure Water, and Nino shouldn't be able to either.

ITECMxS.pngozyBSrn.pngQ5OPHY6.png

Rmqv4gM.pngdshpGF1.pnge6L5VL1.png

I do wish I'd switched his weapon off the Longbow, I'm really using up that and Aircalibur unnecessarily.

9HBB17o.pngTFGvgmq.pngOvuCCje.pngjITH4Tw.png

LLqOTje.pngqJnsuvb.png

That's more typical for Cecilia, but hey, she's level 8 now!

HHN5IEx.pnguwrIvTo.pngGsq3DTn.png

0a8boej.pngliyoJKT.pngI11Q3aM.png

Pure Water is so good in this game!

yYbl98N.pnglLaMZ2s.png6A9ly3a.png

And we've survived! Should be smooth sailing from here on out.

CKQjfbS.png

So being level 8, Cecilia's up to two stars!

20cB6z0.pngiu26HrY.pngg3OviJs.png

Finally have time to heal up some.

PanzQdr.png

Yup, definitely see where Lugh and Raigh got no magic trend. Again though, they turned around, and she's got time to.

fSEwlrs.png

Ending here cause I'm pretty sure there's no danger left.

klwsoUh.png

Yeah, boss doesn't move so we're good to go recruiting.

LJzrkqb.png

So if Lugh kills the boss he'll be like 8 xp from level 30, so I'm gonna have him get attacked while we heal up.

CwtN8km.pngNJjIL9L.pngr4J9JN1.pngROK6dbm.png

Time to recruit LA Rachel!

ZLHT1WM.pngLYwFo9z.pngiwAbCGy.pngwAroOFv.png

wAfZ7O6.pngCQNjIbl.pngcdNIs55.pngZk1MGrg.png

We've known her for a minute and Ephraim's already done with her shenanigans.

EpIQRoF.png3HXAZN9.png6cQIrLL.pngd4qkKyW.png

And with that...let's recruit the other guy!

N0srBvX.png23UMDp0.png96irqMr.png3Sz7Dys.png

yEowwLO.pnghiboaMA.png

Alrighty, let's take a look at their stats then.

cGiRPkw.pngdMCUFxn.png9pVbBUg.pngOHE5wgs.png

XEEyQsp.png

Growths: HP 45%, Str 60%, Mag 50%, Skl 45%, Spd 50%, Def 15%, Luck 65%, Mov 3%
Supports: Dozla, Eirika, Ephraim, Sain

Holy cow her growths! Outside of HP and defense, her growths are all around just fantastic. Of course, this is probably to help make up for her low level and late join, but it's definitely not that bad leveling healers in this game, especially in this route where we've only had Cecilia so far. Plus, she has a leadership star going for her too!
Her skills are also nice, being immune to crits and auto-clearing status effects is handy, so if you get her up and combat ready she can more safely combat Luna Shamans/Druids and other high crit enemies. Her high strength also means she can actually get some decent use out of swords once she hits either Valkyrie or Mage Knight, and her speed and luck should help her dodge a lot to offset her low bulk. Put in the effort, and she's a great unit. I'll be using her for a bit just to help out on healing and give myself some leadership, plus she's a unit that's force-deployed on Chapter 15, so it can help a bit there. She probably won't stick around for endgame, but we'll where she ends up level wise.

1okuqol.png74FKiFx.pngVNaVIEi.png

Growths: HP 75%, Str 40%, Mag 25%, Skl 30%, Spd 45%, Def 45%, Luck 60%, Mov 1%
Supports: Nils, Lugh, Nephenee, Dozla

So first things first. Regarding this character, the original translator added in a fun little easter egg with him that you've probably noticed by now. His name randomly changes from Danved to Devdan and back in-game!
Although it turns out the stuff I did to be able to type in English text actually broke this functionality somehow, but I still really wanted it to be present in the LP. So I'm now using three different files for this LP: the hacked vanilla SS with Sethcilia, a midori file for gameplay, and another midori for english scenes where I need them that I transfer save-states back and forth from. Hooray!

On to gameplay wise, he's unfortunately not super impressive. His growths are decent, especially in defense and luck, but his low speed base and mediocre defense base hurt a lot. His strength is fine, and his high skill will at least add a bit to his already boosted crit. Still, I think it'd be fun using him and I liked him when playing through PoR recently, so I'm gonna give him a shot. Maybe he can get some stat boosters if need be, or a skill or two.

ZhT9T9i.png

So back to the rest of the level, Lugh keeps getting attacked while LA Rachel and Cecilia heal everyone up for some xp.

HSEY177.pngv6GIyoM.png

Another actually good level for Cecilia! I'll take any speed she can get. LA Rachel's level is pretty great too, especially getting both HP and defense! Now let's finish the level off.

RVdYk9d.pngTrNeSbg.pnghVWyG0z.png

Well unfortunately, Lugh's levels don't overtake his HP. Darn it Ruben, look at what you've done to me, I'm rooting against my own characters getting stats! Anyways, since he's level 30, I figured whenever someone reaches here I could show how different people are from their averages at the moment, so let's look at Lugh's!

HP -4, Str =, Mag +3, Skl +1, Spd +1, Luck -1, Def -1

Not bad, losing out on bulk and a tiny bit of luck, but +3 magic is really nice to make up for it, plus the capped skill and speed. Either way, been very useful so far and I'm looking forward to him getting a horse!

9OaWDCR.pngQVru1bR.pngbDYXHCh.pngvZyrCnP.png

DUvetjC.pngUFByAR0.pngE5zKqu5.png

Because LA Rachel can travel cross continent very fast!

BCTOknF.pngU2f5cWi.png7OhziQp.png6oAn8E2.png

k1PNlz4.png318n43k.pngKA699y2.pngQxeMC69.png

D6xHnEG.pngv9Hq6sH.pngnrx2Rxp.pngeRFNF5J.png

She's actually from another dimension! Wait...

pmWNa9Z.pngk8FApQl.png5xOigLo.png3rD4mql.png

kc4zscG.pngzPufoBZ.pngXJMlHzZ.png

I can't remember, did she try to keep up her "charade" on Eirika's route longer?

p9a36Ds.pngpOLvgzJ.pngVOrsLMj.png

QTETU0F.pngfiiSqML.png

I'm sorry, I just had to try to have some fun with this...

e1Au3V7.png2uLPSax.pngzSgMdw5.png

QFBqYKa.pngvpKBYfu.png

And with that, we're finished! This chapter was a lot more difficult than I feel like I remembered, but somehow managed to get through fine. Next chapter I don't think is too bad, but there's still some difficult sections. Anyways, hope you all enjoy and catch you next time!

Overall Reset Count: 3

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

Eirika - 1

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

On 30/1/2019 at 6:56 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Don't worry Dozla's still in, he's the only possible Berserker. He just shows up on Eirika's route actually.

Ahhh good, good. I was starting to worry.

Like I've said, I do really like Selena, and when I was a kid I'd wished she was recruitable.

I think everyone's wished an enemy unit was recruitable at some point.

So...it took me way too many tries to get a screen shot of the teleport, I actually had to slow down the emulator...

I can relate.

v07ca0f.png

Well that's new!

He struck the enemy so hard, he duplicated the stat box.

coWd9Nr.png956u0vO.pngnELrwbT.pngBbDC00H.png

For all I talked crap about it, I do really love Accost sometimes.

Kyle makes accost viable. Give him enough time, and he'll turn it into the new FEGreen meta. That's the way Kyle works.

ZJFES2y.png

Keeping the back torched gets Cecilia an...actually good level? Hey, keep trying your best Cecilia!

That's my badass.

EOWgszw.png

Arden continues to make me, himself, and his friends sad. Well, Alec might be getting a kick out of this.

He can't pull levels out of his chin, thus he sucks. Use Bors instead.

EggR1kv.png

Danved's portrait here is...yeah. If I had portrait skills I'd maybe try to fix it. Maybe still will someday if I get time.

He just needs to be lowered a bit so his shoulders don't cut off so dramatically. I mean, he towers over people as it is, it wouldn't look that weird if he was made smaller.

Closer friends! So while I played through my hacked SS copy for some text recording, I didn't realize these guys actually pop up on Ephraim's route in the vanilla game, it'd been so long since I played SS.

Suffice to say we're in a bit of a jiffy here. I think the eyeballs start moving now too. Joy...

When my best friend player through SS (in hard mode, because I underestimated SS's difficulty and overestimated him), he got stuck in this chapter. Like, really stuck. As in, "had to do a Duessel solo because even Seth got his ass handed to him" stuck. Man, that was a riot.

tDTKYkr.png

Nino continues rolling out much lower crits though.

She tried to do the thing Lyon does with his cape.

ok3LVFr.png

Well dang, Nephenee's really trying to win back some points here.

Still not Bors.

XwAOkkV.png

Very nice! We're equal on HP now, skill is capped, and more magic helps!

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

He's got all of two levels to not get HP and I'll be proud. You can do it, son! Disappoint us all!

fhTJa6G.png

Well, if she'd been trying to make one last attempt at getting on the team, this wasn't how to do it. To be fair, she's capped two stats and isn't actually that bad by any means, I just wanna use other people instead.

Hey, at least you got only one. TRS hands them out like they're cheap candy.

aj6KOuI.png

Woah, Arden actually got a crit when I needed it

I like the bugged lance sprite. What the heck is that all about? Is he trying to burn down the ship with a flaming cloth?

xLbA4K6.png

AAAAHHHHH! Phew...man. What is it about the speed Cavaliers this run wanting to make things difficult for me. Don't be like Lance, Alec!

Bench them, only Kyle is worthy.

XjxY17e.png

HP still equal, and he won't cap magic now, but that's fine.

I still have faith. That's going to be one heck of an intense last level.

IAbXMCx.png

Well Kyle's just said screw the rules to being the strength Cavalier. He does have green hair...

Still great.

CKQjfbS.png

So being level 8, Cecilia's up to two stars!

She inspires people by telling them about the time she got killed three times over by her game's final boss and lived to join one scrubby boi the next chapter.

So first things first. Regarding this character, the original translator added in a fun little easter egg with him that you've probably noticed by now. His name randomly changes from Danved to Devdan and back in-game!
Although it turns out the stuff I did to be able to type in English text actually broke this functionality somehow, but I still really wanted it to be present in the LP. So I'm now using three different files for this LP: the hacked vanilla SS with Sethcilia, a midori file for gameplay, and another midori for english scenes where I need them that I transfer save-states back and forth from. Hooray!

Sounds rather cumbersome.

On to gameplay wise, he's unfortunately not super impressive. His growths are decent, especially in defense and luck, but his low speed base and mediocre defense base hurt a lot. His strength is fine, and his high skill will at least add a bit to his already boosted crit. Still, I think it'd be fun using him and I liked him when playing through PoR recently, so I'm gonna give him a shot. Maybe he can get some stat boosters if need be, or a skill or two.

The Man of the Bad Portrait.

HSEY177.pngv6GIyoM.png

Another actually good level for Cecilia! I'll take any speed she can get. LA Rachel's level is pretty great too, especially getting both HP and defense! Now let's finish the level off.

What's with green-haired Valkyries being amazing?

hVWyG0z.png

AxCg2Q.png

HP -4, Str =, Mag +3, Skl +1, Spd +1, Luck -1, Def -1

Not bad, losing out on bulk and a tiny bit of luck, but +3 magic is really nice to make up for it, plus the capped skill and speed. Either way, been very useful so far and I'm looking forward to him getting a horse!

He didn't get more levels than HP. Bench, now.

On 1/30/2019 at 5:56 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

It's not that the recruitment intself is hard or strange, more something with Sedgar himself. I can let you know if you'd like!

I''ll bite.

cGiRPkw.pngdMCUFxn.png9pVbBUg.pngOHE5wgs.png

XEEyQsp.png

Growths: HP 45%, Str 60%, Mag 50%, Skl 45%, Spd 50%, Def 15%, Luck 65%, Mov 3%
Supports: Dozla, Eirika, Ephraim, Sain

Holy cow her growths! Outside of HP and defense, her growths are all around just fantastic. Of course, this is probably to help make up for her low level and late join, but it's definitely not that bad leveling healers in this game, especially in this route where we've only had Cecilia so far. Plus, she has a leadership star going for her too!
Her skills are also nice, being immune to crits and auto-clearing status effects is handy, so if you get her up and combat ready she can more safely combat Luna Shamans/Druids and other high crit enemies. Her high strength also means she can actually get some decent use out of swords once she hits either Valkyrie or Mage Knight, and her speed and luck should help her dodge a lot to offset her low bulk. Put in the effort, and she's a great unit. I'll be using her for a bit just to help out on healing and give myself some leadership, plus she's a unit that's force-deployed on Chapter 15, so it can help a bit there. She probably won't stick around for endgame, but we'll where she ends up level wise.

I want these growths on her in SS now.

Least he's better than in PoR.

Edit: Man Lugh's looking great though. Good job on his end barring HP.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still not Bors.

I feel like I should point out my Nephenee from my recent PoR playthrough.

But this is you, so you wouldn't care. :P

Edited by Dayni

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just a quick check in to let you know it'll be a little delayed on the next update. Just been insane at work including having to overtime a lot last week, in addition to some potential health/medical stuff going on for me lately and a bunch of busy weekends. Sorry I seem to delay a lot these days, but thank you all for the patience!

Well, worse news, turns out my computer might just be dead or dying now too, and I don't have a backup of this on another computer (cause I'm an idiot). Still have some things to try and recovery's a thing if it gets to that, but...there's a chance this could be another hiatus, cause if I've ended up losing all my stuff I don't really know what I'd do. Sorry to all you guys who read and reply, and I'll try to keep posted when I figure things out.

Ouch, I know the feeling. My channel almost died once because my PC had collapsed out of nowhere.

I lucked out big time in my case, since I was miraculously able to turn it on one final time after many tries, and recover everything I needed.

So I hope you can luck out yourself! :)