Let's play FE Green/Midori, HM!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all! Should have posted this a little while ago, but just letting you know that, somewhat miraculously, all my stuff managed to get recovered! My momentum had been a bit shot through it all and I've still been crazy busy, but I'm hoping to get the next update and get properly rolling (again) this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, update time! Apologies for the wait, I really need to stop giving estimates of when I'll get the next update out cause life keeps going crazy and things have been kinda rough on me lately. However,  I'm determined to see this through so even if some updates take a while, I'm definitely still keeping it going!

On 2/1/2019 at 3:12 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Kyle makes accost viable. Give him enough time, and he'll turn it into the new FEGreen meta. That's the way Kyle works.

I can see it.

That's my badass.

He can't pull levels out of his chin, thus he sucks. Use Bors instead.

Already the plan, I just need to use other people as filler before they reunite.

He just needs to be lowered a bit so his shoulders don't cut off so dramatically. I mean, he towers over people as it is, it wouldn't look that weird if he was made smaller.

Might try this out when I've got time.

When my best friend player through SS (in hard mode, because I underestimated SS's difficulty and overestimated him), he got stuck in this chapter. Like, really stuck. As in, "had to do a Duessel solo because even Seth got his ass handed to him" stuck. Man, that was a riot.

That's painful, but sounds fun for you to see.

I like the bugged lance sprite. What the heck is that all about? Is he trying to burn down the ship with a flaming cloth?

Good ol' "custom" sword animation?

Bench them, only Kyle is worthy.

Benching Alec is also in the plans.

Still great.

I really want him to cap skill now!

Sounds rather cumbersome.

It's not as bad as you'd think, and I'm using the hackSS more and more now.

What's with green-haired Valkyries being amazing?

AxCg2Q.png

He didn't get more levels than HP. Bench, now.

I'm so sorry. You had me rooting for it too and I was really disappointed!

Ah, heck. Hopefully you'll be able (or have been already) to secure your files and everything important. That's a really shitty situation to be in, so you take your time, we can wait.

Thanks for the patience! Yeah that definitely slowed things down, in addition to just life in general.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:54 AM, ShadowYoshi said:

Ouch, I know the feeling. My channel almost died once because my PC had collapsed out of nowhere.

I lucked out big time in my case, since I was miraculously able to turn it on one final time after many tries, and recover everything I needed.

So I hope you can luck out yourself! :)

Thanks for the good luck wish!

On 2/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, Dayni said:

I''ll bite.

Spoiler

So you recruit Sedgar in Chapter 21 I believe, he's in a different class than Ranger. And by different class I mean he's a Maelduin. The promoted Centaur monster. Same portrait and everything, he's just in with a group of them and you can recruit him by talking to him with Ephraim. As far as I know there's almost no explanation or anything for it so...yeah! I have no idea if killing him earlier in the game does or changes anything, I'd doubt it but I could very well be wrong.

Least he's better than in PoR.

I still used him in PoR too!

Edit: Man Lugh's looking great though. Good job on his end barring HP.

I love how everyone's just rooting against his HP now.

I feel like I should point out my Nephenee from my recent PoR playthrough.

But this is you, so you wouldn't care. :P

Maybe I should have used her either in PoR or this game, but I just liked Devdan enough to try using him, plus I like throwing in a few prepromotes in most of my playthroughs.

Spoiler

ygGNupd.png

BsSQuJn.png9YinKv4.pngEu1Ikf2.png

lFjobef.pngtPh1kA1.pngyR0aEfL.png

XoUaa05.png2unB9Gq.pngJLLuELM.pngx65m9ef.png

Jpl7j1m.pngfop3j9B.pngrYcfJoE.pngq1AQLVF.png

pK89a17.pngV5J4l04.pngXZey4f3.png

Now moving on to the actual arrival.

scenething.png.e79eced332804807846fc0c624ed7ddf.pngai5b7S8.pnguo7Brqo.png98dRyMZ.png

Oh what optimistic thinking.

l3RL5vt.png8z0PFT1.pngv5rSpGr.png

And we move up to these two up here. One of them is probably playable, guess which!

scenething2.png.b48dd76874390b66503d22960de40a02.png

62asU3g.pngvbjdYs3.pngdtGnSzv.png

EjIUSRY.pngXnDgC8i.pngTxDXvUr.png2MpYGjr.png

If you guessed the archer, you'd be right, it's Rolf! Which I guess means the random villager man is a...Pegasus Knight? Now I kinda wish he was recruitable...

scenething3.png.7ab50328d36daadcb4ba4c9c4aad965a.png3EROawt.pngaC3z4FJ.png9BbuT2q.png

YoeM2He.png7iyGyTE.pngCjrwsfw.pngVQw8sba.png

I feel like "talented soliders" is an understatement in the FE universes. Have you looked at some people's stats who aren't yours Cecilia?

...Okay that was mean. You're still a favorite Cecilia!

igRzBjI.pngzHUJcej.pngR7tIDM2.pngKfNILdF.png

I'd completely forgotten this conversation even existed.

p5RfQQA.pngTnVd4PT.pngzXQ227O.pngx3UZVgC.png

Poor Myrrh, you'd think it'd be harder to ignore you when you have your super special indigo hair.

qkKQlDn.png8DPq05Q.png

nL605Mm.png

Oh no! You mean we don't get a nice casual stroll through town to just shop and arena grind?

FyT0c3D.pngagImVOu.pngBZ317IZ.pngznEnnhT.png

And with that, let's head off to our prep screen, we've got a promotion!

WYEDwL1.pngiVsahPg.png

So on the actual promo screen, it shows Lugh would get the FE7/8 Sage sprite, but if you actually choose it...

94RgnzI.png2AQ2aHm.png

You get the FE6 sprite for him (and Asvel). There's the promo bonuses. However, you know that's not what we're actually choosing.

MdxCjg5.png

There we go. The palette isn't exactly my favorite and I may decide to alter it at some point, but we'll go with it for now.

ezJLDxZ.pnggb5MBtt.pngwwhpaEH.png

So compared to Sage, you trade one defense for three movement/horse, and light magic for swords. I'll miss the light magic against the multitude of shamans/druids out there with Luna and I doubt I'll get too much sword use, but the horse is really nice! Extra healers is always nice too, and makes it easier for him to get xp. His starting rank in both staves and swords is D, so at least he doesn't have to work his way up from E.

oKc0RRD.png

In-house vendor sucks, but this chapter's shop doesn't have Flux and I realized we left off Eirika's route with only 5 or so uses left for Raigh, so I pick up another one to throw in storage, and a Lightning tome for Cecilia.

map9.png.595b712604015de07a55f69e3252f188.png

Here's our map, though anyone who's played the SS chapter knows the enemy layout's gonna change a bit moving forward. Gonna be splitting the team in two here. Of note, some of the Shamans do have Luna, but otherwise nothing so far is too too crazy.

IVxA6u4.pngASyUAPD.pngO7uxeW3.png

Caellach here is scary and has 5 leadership, but he's also very temporary, so not too worried. Seeing Cancel and Sol on him does mean he probably has those when we fight him properly later though, Cancel especially being slightly worrisome. With that, let's get started.

G9fKGzk.pngCBPiKcq.png

Not much but moving around first turn and equipping Ephraim with an Axereaver. The Archers, Mages and Danved all head to the left, the rest take right, with Cecilia and LA Rachel staying slightly closer to center in case of emergency healing.

cLY7jBI.pngdiNzED2.pngPuTYpr3.pnghIUJiUu.png

ar2psPu.pngcZvEHf9.pngQp1wkoC.pngmXCuiZS.png

What a speech, thanks Caellach! Those 5 leadership stars aren't for nothing.

euqnXZ2.pngFz3TnKa.pngsRyzViF.png30ReYsv.png

Devdan strikes first blood with a nice crit. Having a Halberdier in the GBA era is always fun.

xK4gd1b.pngiqhvUvM.pnghxcqcvf.png

Easy enough so far, Alec support is helpful for Arden too. 

5XPmMVb.png

It's a little late Arden. Sure, you'll be seeing use for a few more chapters mostly out of necessity, but you can't compete with the Chin.

AZ4TguB.png139GoTc.png

Not many other people reach us yet.

oFz2rji.png

Y'know, if they actually both stayed this would be horrifying, especially for the leadership stacking.

eQGTXrh.pngexpArX5.pngSCNmedh.pngw0UoK8C.png

I love Caellach showing absolutely no respect for Riev. I mean he really doesn't show it to much of anyone, but especially Riev here.

AvRKWVq.pngkJ69e1g.pngazE26kx.pngX9JeSfM.png

a2E3pee.pngxy0Lyvy.pngkDt99ri.pngCuLJJJI.png

See, he even changes his insults! Also, little do they know Pablo actually has Eirika at the moment.

FwcuYdp.pngOKcRpJd.pngxZb3793.pngNjWb1vT.png

Cause they've been so good so far, right?

hpIAj17.png7RDN0QJ.pngQQBnMQz.pngJsPhnXL.png

1gf5V8m.png

I'm sure you could take Riev, Caellach. He deserves it anyway.

zCq3FrM.pngO1Wfraq.pngGqKbOHn.png

Oh right, I forgot I grabbed some of this text off my hacked SS...that explains the units in the background not quite matching up with my party.

cjvzFmt.pngwgh1faZ.pngAlCZLSv.pngQK2JD6q.png

That's a little more accurate. So let's take a look at a few of these.

hDUFd8M.pngCr1c37a.png 

Boss himself isn't anything special, and even has no leadership which is nice.

KtExKTJ.pngQCqadag.png

Mauthe Doogs can be a little scary with their 22 AS though. Once you start seeing the promoted version though, those are terrifying with speed in the 30s.

MFJqS6K.pngVHhYPhY.pngAiI43O0.png

Lugh's first MK combat here is mostly to set up Nino for the kill on this guy.

xti7tuK.pngcBljjK9.png

Every bit of xp that I can get her is nice, especially since I didn't go Troubadour for easier leveling...

LenJ6sK.pngjD5cOsQ.png60EM5Ru.png

Oscar and Danved start clearing out the left some more, especially important on the fliers.

w31bAGg.pngfne3WbI.pngdKWLZtH.png

Well Devdan critted earlier and Danved didn't. I feel like I should start keeping track of which one does what.

JZEHCQh.pngNnIsh4D.pngjeV8i9W.pngcoYGgAx.png

Thanks to the water here, Fee can serve as someone to snipe out a few targets while retreating to (relative) safety with a Slim Lance.

aAkWTBE.png RvkZ6yn.pngoJT11zv.pngY1jfIwG.png

O6xh8q8.pngUarFy9t.pnghOBrcS6.png

I think that's A swords? I don't remember at this point.

mML63Jm.pngl7AmUy9.png1tHSXmJ.png5xdGUfl.png

At least Alec can be sorta useful for a little while longer before getting benched.

oGJ5NdH.pngRMHIwMK.pngptJZzJt.pngozV5P6t.png

Kyle Accosts his way to a few rounds on this Fighter, but can't kill him. He does get a sword rank up though which is nice.

PprneqJ.pngJ7u5Q0g.png7VxeuZV.pngJ29IoZc.png

f6G80YY.pngOMtNp3z.png6hicLJs.pngiLVu4nF.png

I'll take all the Kyle experience I can get as well, he's my next target for promotion, though it won't be by the end of this chapter at least, unfortunately. I'm getting a little worried I won't have many promoted by Chapter 14.

o76qEAq.pnggCOreCJ.pngy5lHkx6.png

nXECyP4.pngDv27NIG.pnggW4ulBA.png

Thankfully none of these guys can to much to Kyle, the wonderful tank he is.

62CXzDg.pngoRh1eZ1.pngZ1dc6yq.png

ny9DXgp.pngBfKawTm.png

Fee unfortunately isn't so lucky, but she's safe for now.

xs75or3.png

Back to our turn again, trying to stay out of range of the Shamans on the right boat as long as I can.

v69p5ae.pngf99AdTU.png5P74lle.png

I appreciate the crit, Alec. I guess he doesn't want another close call with dark magic like last time.

HnChG2c.pngsMQcYl5.pngTIOGFNc.png9tS4RqK.png

Thankfully Fee's hitting her crits this time, and she retreats again to more safety.

UalMcpR.png

Awesome! Definitely need more speed on her, and she should almost definitely cap strength before promotion.

EEgCreN.pngHzWRvmC.pngjKpFFCd.pngXiBkvwc.png

I must admit, I do like the Mage Knight crit animation.

hCs1j7l.png

Oh yeah, Bright Lance! Handy thing to have at a time like this.

wwwpb4h.pngdxEEU2A.png

Hooray for magic again! She's very close to capping speed as well.

zZfn2pF.pngOzdj5iS.png

Rebecca keeps really making a good case for use, but it's still a no at this point. Sorry Rebecca! Granted, is her strength better than Wolt's at this point?

QGRHXT1.png01HoyXs.png

With all the fliers cleared, the left's looking pretty decent for now.

7SpduZa.pngMEH5Sh0.png

Of course Ephraim had to go ruin the streak of good levels. Also, I just realized he has base 6 move. Interesting...

NQFP9C9.pngfbTk2go.pngTNa8nSa.png

Kyle...what even are you doing with all that skill? What made you choose this path for your life?

whhSL2m.pngDHsj227.pngKisROKy.png

Cecilia gets in on some of the action here! Always nice when she can help at least a little in combat.

lyz882G.pngcuNA99f.pngAaPPIfj.png

Enemy phase time, which means Mauthe Doog time!

SurDT6A.pngdhp2Nwx.png1VmWOWm.png

Thankfully their strength and HP isn't too great yet.

x7CTesy.pngEKKf21v.pngR97EMh2.pngQhQXAS2.png

Unfortunately, magic still hurts most of this team a ton when it hits.

xfU2mXt.pngsZAXn4q.png

Not too long of an enemy phase, but some reinforcement spiders start coming.

rfYqypT.pngT2EzFgk.pngXQNR4nk.png

Still no crits from Danved!

l3mtYKW.pngAYUdzyf.png

Thankfully we've got Lugh as a third healer on this route now! Like I said, it helps his xp too, and the earlier I can get his staff rank up the better.

0jFwd5H.pngmA0Yzvu.pngLNJD79V.pngKSUDEgU.png

Slim Lances are wonderful things, I'm so glad I caught that the one shop had more of em a few chapters ago.

ct8dGlp.pngqTnYCPx.pngjsxPZz9.pngjmZ3AqU.png

However, Alec shows you don't need a Slim Lance to keep the crits going!

qC62l0s.pngzOK7Nbo.pngkNhXgzg.png

Cecilia yoinks Arden's Killing Edge to try to keep the chain going...

peVZOjO.png

But she unfortunately fails. Well, it had to end somewhere I guess.

uQeH9aF.png

Arden unnecessarily picks up where we left off though! Is it weird that I look at that shot like he's holding a really long pick-axe?

Xv0CydF.pngT1LhlpP.pngpUHY9oI.pngAnRD2j1.png

Somehow I always manage to forget Critical is a thing at times like this. It gives Kyle with a Slim Lance so much use!

V8h252z.pngHyyrIPW.pngzSmSB9R.pngk0vgNtP.png

My goodness Alec, you really wanted to join in on Kyle's fun didn't you?

ofLe1B3.png

A fairly great level, but it's not gonna stop the impeding bench from forcing Alec onto it.

njJiih3.pngzXv6ouK.pngr1yz1qk.png

Right, I should have re-equipped Cecilia's Lightning. Also, we got more spider reinforcements.

52fc2Vt.pngDa43M2v.png4s6nJoI.pngQWyEFxW.png

I don't even know what I do to get these funky shots. I blame the dark magic.

w0wtAfB.png

Eh, coulda been worse I suppose.

ixlspIJ.pngqMVEWBl.png6vlOFq7.pngFAecOkr.png

Still no crits for Danved. However...

DSS5bql.png

He does get a fairly solid level out of it, speed and def being two things he really needs.

4M2zNNt.pngfYm0DL1.png

At least him not critting twice leaves the kill open for Nino.

SxClHGw.png

She's gonna be fun to promote one of these days.

TNUyyfy.pngC4DHrUh.pnggyhhKCc.png

I really like how I'm getting to use Fee here, even getting to snipe the Archers and run away safely.

BNMZvcC.png

Not a surprising level, least her magic's in double digits now.

6Obnx7B.pngQvcI9T3.png

Boo! At least I get to go back to Bors after this chapter.

IWEyjHs.pngRzG1kHi.pngOn4ad14.pngyD4eEsS.pngRppXKPt.png

Just some cleaning up of the right side, close to being able to move forward! Glad this chapter's been not too bad so far.

QpxsOvN.pngo7T16fq.pngnelDVwB.pngyhUNk4h.png

Pretty uneventful enemy phase, my army's doing a pretty good job of dodging everything. Unless it's a Flux, of course.

evXbSfa.pngTdrCQnD.png8jILrze.pngGJbPiJ0.png

Everyone's just rolling in the crits today! 

88Ng5jh.pngePdwPIo.pngrjOqOPA.pngz9zFG6V.png

Well Danved finally gets one too! Wonder if Devdan's getting bored. They're tied now though.

0PEp5u9.pngT7YqvMY.png6KmMjth.png

And then there's times Critical means I don't kill someone and I can never be bothered to do or remember the math myself.

xUcti0L.pngFuGNS7a.pngkF9HfiJ.png

as1Ttfa.png2cz69Kl.pngNrRLu5r.png

And still nobody can dodge Flux, even with WTA. I also realized I really didn't need that Lightning tome for how little Cecilia does with it, but still nice to have I guess.

Y3Zmb1X.pngOcsF9wk.png4thSEo3.png

I don't even think I need to say it at this point.

L9AfuGR.png

Well, her speed's capped now.

7f8pOMw.pngm4HRisk.png

Well I did a bad job getting that shot, but I'll assume Oscar hits him. Probably twice.

BPUVXEJ.pngVjQl8TF.png

Not bad, will at least help her survivability while I'm using her.

PQ16ma3.png5xxOJex.pngSNFvKJg.pngxtgDB4C.png

Well she certainly doesn't need the Slim Lance all the time.

ONcnNBi.png4q9Rq6Y.pngRI1Yb8f.pngOBYalQZ.png

Though no crit with an actual Killer Lance, a little disappointing.

aghvvQG.pngOONkpL2.png

There we go! Kyle sensed my disappointment and made sure it didn't stay that way. Thanks Kyle!

MZKSoGw.pngHF987Q0.pngUrC17Ph.png1YMeNmz.png

Well I'd wanted to get Nino the kill and just get some sword XP, but Lugh decides he wants to kill his first time fighting with a sword.

UdDcbsS.pngUt7L9K8.pnguLcgkpJ.png

Well she can kill the Archer at least. 

MSOETuz.pngRzDnA0Y.png

Have we dodged a single Flux this entire map?

8BDplcH.png

Another pretty unexciting enemy phase, but reinforcements start popping up from the north.

20H244o.pngSQwMhZr.pngKeXTln4.pngaqQIzbr.png

May as well have Cecilia whack things with a sword from time to time.

UaqQD37.png

Very nice. Would love for her to get some defense at some point but I'll take more speed.

K5MILz7.pngHPx7Hbf.pngCQnlKlA.png

At least Kyle can always double and quadruple slow things like these guys.

A9oqrjo.png

Beautiful. Could use more speed still, but that's fixable if need be.

Sr9Pu7f.pngpSD2yXA.pngPmOCtsi.png

Shot of me visiting the wrong place, Rolf is NOT in there and we don't even get anything for it. After that we go visit the correct one though.

HzOakX4.png2ITd0hb.pngZSnYERe.png9BHrKKM.png

XMAUlNg.pngINinvnS.pngY6ZrVuH.pngcTPmjAj.png

Zp5heWf.pngt6FXIcT.pngNejW7eY.pngLQgSb2p.png

l6TlLjK.png8ZktTbY.pngiiUYhCn.pngg9TK10X.png

And with that we have a Rolf! Let's take a look.

gwbV3sf.png4R6Zyc2.pngcIie46Q.png

Growths: HP 85%, Str 75%, Mag 15%, Skl 45%, Spd 45%, Def 35%, Luck 35%, Mov 1%

Supports: Oscar, Boyd, Gerik

If you can manage to use him, Rolf's actually pretty darn fun with that 75% strength growth, and the rest of his are pretty good too! 35% defense, 45% on skill and speed, good HP, actually good bases for his level, his only real problem is just his join time. A physical attacker joining at level 5 around here is really hard to raise, especially as Ephraim's next few chapters are very difficult. But if you can, at the very least his strength will rise really quickly.

Won't be using him this run unfortunately, though it would be pretty fun to. I did use him in my recent PoR run where he got massively defense buffed which was pretty fun. Will probably use him in RD once I get around to that too.

IkKMzhg.pngyXz3bru.pngKDg1u3y.pngaSL4Kdm.png

I'm so glad I ended up using Kyle this time. I kind of feel bad for hating on him on my last playthrough, but he got pretty rng screwed there.

oaZEdFj.png8mqERrO.png

First MK level, I'll take getting magic and speed. Good start Lugh!

og4a8qK.pngRmXmEiq.png

Not as good, but at least there's defense so eh?

YggLGJE.pngaZO3lAH.pngPaKN5OP.png8XwRGph.png

As usual I take it really slow here, but there's a Luna shaman a little further up so I'm scared of him.

DSeQiPX.pnggCKlNWd.pngr33pn0X.png

This would be scary, but it's Kyle so we're fine.

eyDYcje.pngyxkt58v.png

Ditto, Kyle does not fear flashly light show arrows!

FK5YjgM.pngYPw2tlJ.pngrqFg8Ex.pngwKg0X2h.png

Still nobody can dodge magic, but at least Oscar's mag/res is actually pretty good. He's really weirdly tanky.

i0SbhYc.pnggB6WqiD.png

Not too worried about her getting attacked up there.

V5y5APR.png

Fantastic, especially getting defense! Just like her sons, seems like she gets a surge of magic levels after not getting some for a while.

TuvvabF.pngtpeeKqx.pngSQsr5U3.pngCj2v7q1.png

Honestly, I probably should have taken out the archer first, not like this guy was a threat if trapped by Kyle.

OtXh3CF.pngEsPiOzS.pngKFk9HxD.png

A bunch of healing going on, but the Archer stays alive cause I don't wanna get in Luna range.

IA8NQUf.pngAlWOcHd.pngqVRtJ3w.pnguGVE6gn.png

Fairly simple for Ephraim to take these guys, but around here I realized I'd left Cecilia in range of the Archer, and he could kill her with a crit...

Djm2IbU.pnge7iivNV.pngxMJnB9S.png

Is Nino giving a thumbs up here?

Y0FPFtq.png

Thankfully he goes for Ephraim instead. I'm pretty sure the AI in this game will almost always prioritize someone who can't counter attack, which can come in handy sometimes.

oSyqX3U.pngyoQYdpc.pngUzaQmDn.pngslsARUL.png

I forgot the Great Knight had a ranged weapon. Good thing he couldn't one shot Fee!

0tdfzmy.png6I2g6YT.png

Pretty sure I just bought some heals and maybe a tome or two.

v6QTHFk.pngjC9p7mf.pngW1dy7DG.pngFN1hZ3X.png

Another case where my plan was to have someone else get the kill, but crits said otherwise.

QDbifwW.pngNMHTJDw.png

Time for another Ephraim level and...

JTDsJ6w.png

Much to my surprise, he actually CAN get good level ups!

0690S9G.pngC740538.png5xLYfXJ.pnghpj8qES.png

I'm probably being way too cautious about this Shaman, but we're getting there at least. It probably doesn't help that the last time I played my other HM run, I lost a chapter from a Luna crit.

DBJn5gh.pngjCmz2ie.pngkdiirdV.pnghvTUJsV.png

I really hope this luck doesn't continue when almost every Shaman/Druid has Luna or Nosferatu...

L9yTg7i.png7MEWKYy.png5iDw5Au.pngqgcAZOC.png

I'm way too paranoid and careful for my own good as I rescue chain Ephraim out of range.

AwHO7nn.png9EKz9t8.pngiBBKje0.png

Sa2Lrvc.pngtopuDCz.png

That arrow impact seems to be...in front of the monster, not on it.

P2cPATM.pnghNAktBg.png

So...so many crits.

GP7V2qb.png

But unfortunately it just leads to that. It must be the fee for all my good luck on crits.

qD81YLA.pngmSSeKpd.png

Kyle shall lead the way to victory!

gx7EJhI.png

Yes! Also he's getting a halfway decent amount of magic, which is nice if he'll be out front tanking things. Can't remember the cav defense cap off the top of my head, but he could cap both that and skill at this rate if he's lucky. Speaking of, he could use some luck though...

zMLoia1.png

Well there's Rolf's palette for you to see, that's probably about all the combat he's getting this run.

1C2tw2i.pngh2ZWo1k.pnglYcJ46s.pngl3MTF6p.pngW8u59Xx.png

Well something that's not Flux finally hit me I guess.

ejjzGOP.pngJEFBmvk.pngfEgaGKr.png

I think that's a crit for Danved, so he's taken the lead!

FnFFgpp.png

I...don't know how I feel about this level?

bpTD5Cj.pngq7bxwrX.pngr9QjJKD.pngTKHygrl.png

Devdan returns with a vengeance, and a crit! So back to tied I think.

gxEDl0p.pngvIH6O7w.pngMxDPTMb.pngmxj8jJD.png

I think that's finally all the reinforcements, so time to get the Shaman killed.

wD4Ec2X.pnggb8efVe.pngJzXQxG8.pngQFW6YHs.png

Hooray for safety! Should be a breeze from this point on.

6qj9Xm7.pngtoC6Ibo.pngS4o0Vkp.png3uxgHxO.png

Someone finally dodged a Flux! It's possible after all!

699jw3X.pngH85Dl2e.png0wTleEs.pngQdeOJoS.png

I have always found the Lightning/Shine animations rather satisfying for lower level spells.

6VTeDhi.pnguhE2rqF.png

Sword practice doesn't hurt either, even if he's not likely to use them too much.

rdg7J57.png

Awesome! Also he stopped getting HP. Ruben, I feel like this is really just to spite you now.

8GhQVm6.pngCsRe5fh.pngYAbmer4.pngDCZzrag.png

Is it just me, or did Kyle lose his arm there?

OwHCY7T.pngTmMLdA1.pngUCQZy0y.png

More xp I meant to have go elsewhere. Ah well.

F0EPdLS.pngEFqbO70.png8zHb0wH.png06zjCc6.png

I don't even have the words for this anymore. Except I'm scared this will happen against me some chapter.

njw3YzF.png1zqZdkZ.pngD84Tzvj.pngHZ2RcpY.pngnFRfJ7n.png

tmlI78H.png

Hey, I'll take that for him! Seems Danved can get good levels so far. Which means I'm right now expecting Devdan to get the bad ones.

wtSTXGv.pngZD8cEV1.pngarkrQuo.pngam8lnjh.png

Feeding Kyle as much as I can here.

Y4JqJP0.png

Well, I can't say I'm surprised at least. Still, one level away from another star!

en4pt7j.pngLwd9C6c.pnggX6Bg9L.pngMKvGlaH.png

I'm still always a little surprised at just how much HP these guys have.

EvyfsAd.pnglqKfMLW.pngickbVcv.png

QN7Oi8w.pngVmZEwUo.png

Well you can't get unnecessary crits when you don't have a crit chance!

a7otCm0.png

I'm satisfied with that, helps his weird tankiness even more.

1TMKMEQ.pngKnXiWa1.pngBpvnb3a.png

Aww...Kyle! Not when you're so close to promotion!

5u7BIy0.pngbBxVW9A.png

Two defense so quickly, not bad for her! Her HP's also growing really well.

nQDgMhb.png9c17Uo0.pngfiTtDFB.pngucPejih.png

6GpxpkE.pngzJhh9pZ.pngJwQClCV.png

Now the horse is losing limbs too. Kyle, what are these mysterious powers of yours? Does it come from all that skill?

DgBbJAk.pngwatICtS.pngQUyJBj4.pngNAUZwmS.png

Well at least she can't get one shotted. Though I shouldn't have done that attack, if she'd have double critted it might have killed (she has Critical so I'm unsure), and I need to inventory dump!

yaXtUmU.png

So since we're about to change routes, it's time to throw almost everything into Storage so people on Eirika's route can use it! Hooray for continuity?

3KHuA3e.pngbbaKsAC.pngXpGRh1a.pngXx1TcfW.png

Have I mentioned that Kyle is wonderful before?

n4HXn3C.pngNPuYPrK.png

In the middle of all this, I get Lugh and Danved a C support!

3gNBxlG.pnggxIeSXz.pngbqoTnyJ.png

And Kyle gets one more skill! Not surprised.

RkuKDVV.png8CjE3cA.pngEFOphUJ.pngCrEkHmU.pnglPzTALQ.png

XsSc8G0.pngYrlKvGx.pngBjA6E00.png

With that, chapter's done for gameplay purposes!

8XaJ7wO.pngu2lXxd3.pngodUB9Pf.pngPw88Dn2.png

ozFuUvj.pngdnZK9ra.pngWA6ee9Y.pngWga3CEc.png

jIK1gr3.pnglQIYBLR.pngA3MIrtq.pngYH4iFki.png

"Unsteady on her feet." As it makes flying noises when she moves.

MI7F8Id.pngEErbYKn.png5ZxpRmO.pngMXHPgRs.png

9jNMBoN.pngolyyWYs.pngDduY1HA.pngklEFk7R.png

lrT7aZV.pngMtUmzvu.pngAbjiI59.pngbtHPcFO.png

Didn't do much changing to here, it's a nice scene for Ephraim at least.

XpxSiBt.pngkPWhxTd.pngjWbSy70.png

And with that, we're finished! Thankfully this chapter was pretty easy, a nice change before the next few both in Eirika and Ephraim's chapters. Not gonna give a guess on when next chapter will be since life seems to keep getting crazy for me, but I'll definitely be working on it! Thanks as usual for reading and replying!

Overall Reset Count: 3

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

Eirika - 1

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

5 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

If you guessed the archer, you'd be right, it's Rolf! Which I guess means the random villager man is a...Pegasus Knight? Now I kinda wish he was recruitable...

I think I'd take pegasus rider Moneyman.

Certainly over Rolf.

So compared to Sage, you trade one defense for three movement/horse, and light magic for swords. I'll miss the light magic against the multitude of shamans/druids out there with Luna and I doubt I'll get too much sword use, but the horse is really nice! Extra healers is always nice too, and makes it easier for him to get xp. His starting rank in both staves and swords is D, so at least he doesn't have to work his way up from E.

Why is the Mage Knight so close in promo bonuses when it is just ridiculous because it gets most of the sage's promo stats and a horse?

cLY7jBI.pngdiNzED2.pngPuTYpr3.pnghIUJiUu.png

ar2psPu.pngcZvEHf9.pngQp1wkoC.pngmXCuiZS.png

What a speech, thanks Caellach! Those 5 leadership stars aren't for nothing.

Just inspiring, no wonder he has that many.

A true leader of men.

uQeH9aF.png

Arden unnecessarily picks up where we left off though! Is it weird that I look at that shot like he's holding a really long pick-axe?

Is he a dwarf with that pickaxe?

ofLe1B3.png

A fairly great level, but it's not gonna stop the impeding bench from forcing Alec onto it.

Poor Alec, benched despite him trying.

QWyEFxW.png

I don't even know what I do to get these funky shots. I blame the dark magic.

I suppose it's a regular occurrence in the realms Elder magic is drawn from.

xMJnB9S.png

Is Nino giving a thumbs up here?

"Good job, you tried!"

6 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

a7otCm0.png

Oscar and tankiness are hand in hand, I'll have yo know!

Good to see this back too.

18 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Sedgar

That's something. Don't think I can come up with much else to say. How does one manage to one-up Kaga when it comes to weird, inexplicable stuff?

XZey4f3.png

This whole scene was cool. Even if it reminded me that Raigh got captured alongside the others for no good reason and that's really annoying.

5XPmMVb.png

It's a little late Arden. Sure, you'll be seeing use for a few more chapters mostly out of necessity, but you can't compete with the Chin.

Pah. Efficiency? That's for sissies. Real men take 50 turns to complete each map!

1gf5V8m.png

I'm sure you could take Riev, Caellach. He deserves it anyway.

I mean, they're both insane piles of crap. Difference is, Caellach does it in style.

hDUFd8M.pngCr1c37a.png 

Boss himself isn't anything special, and even has no leadership which is nice.

How'd he be supposed to lead, anyway?

"Huuuurrrrrr huuuuunnnnnnn gooooooo keeeeeeeeell unnnnnhhhhhh"

I'll take all the Kyle experience I can get as well, he's my next target for promotion, though it won't be by the end of this chapter at least, unfortunately. I'm getting a little worried I won't have many promoted by Chapter 14

If you get to promote Kyle, you shouldn't need to be worried. Kyle knows his stuff, he was in the game before you even applied the FEGreen patch. Can't beat that sort of availability.

HzWRvmC.pngjKpFFCd.pngXiBkvwc.png

I must admit, I do like the Mage Knight crit animation.

So do I. Mage Knights in general looked awesome in FE8. A shame I barely ever see them, because I dislike Lute, L'Arachel's too much trouble and I like Moulder and his hilarious con better, and Ewan's better off as a dark mage if you do use him.

DSS5bql.png

He does get a fairly solid level out of it, speed and def being two things he really needs.

Now he just needs not to physically harm my retinas whenever he appears on screen.

L9AfuGR.png

Well, her speed's capped now.

I'd just like to point out that she can have higher level than HP, and succeed where her son failed. Sure, it'd take 28 levels straight of no HP, but all is possible.

RzDnA0Y.png

Have we dodged a single Flux this entire map?

FE.txt

If you can manage to use him, Rolf's actually pretty darn fun with that 75% strength growth, and the rest of his are pretty good too! 35% defense, 45% on skill and speed, good HP, actually good bases for his level, his only real problem is just his join time. A physical attacker joining at level 5 around here is really hard to raise, especially as Ephraim's next few chapters are very difficult. But if you can, at the very least his strength will rise really quickly.

He's the Lilina of Archers, then. Huh. How curious. Still worse than Leonie because no move growth.

RmXmEiq.png

Not as good, but at least there's defense so eh?

I just can't get over that, she's fuckin' buff, my Cecilia. I suppose she was tired of people making fun of her stats, so she's decided that she's gonna benchpress Zephiel next time she sees him and show everybody what she's capable of.

V5y5APR.png

Fantastic, especially getting defense! Just like her sons, seems like she gets a surge of magic levels after not getting some for a while.

Like father...

...wait, that's not right. Their father was edgy. Then again, so is Raigh.

Yeah, it works. Like father, like son.

W1dy7DG.pngFN1hZ3X.png

Another case where my plan was to have someone else get the kill, but crits said otherwise.

Lugh, you absolute unit, leave some for your mother! Perhaps he senses that you're trying to feed the experience to her, and since he's still going through his angsty phase, he refuses to let you do it?

JTDsJ6w.png

Much to my surprise, he actually CAN get good level ups!

This was me in my last run. My friend may've lost his mind in the river chapter of all chapters and now refuses to ever play FE in hard mode ever again, but he and my other friend at least had the satisfaction of watching me get the worst Ephraim in the history of Ephraims. Seriously, he was the worst Eph I've ever had in this game. A pain in the ass, that one.

Then again, I also had Moulder and Colm competing to see which of the two was the tankiest unit of my team. No kidding. The Thief and the Healer, my tankiest units.

Isu3xicp oJahbrzvo o

Colm came out on top in the end, just barely, but Moulder capped speed and he didn't, so there's that. Besides, they were support partners, so it's not like I was going to bench one or the other anyway.

...it was a really fun run. I need to play FE8 again one of these days.

gx7EJhI.png

Yes! Also he's getting a halfway decent amount of magic, which is nice if he'll be out front tanking things. Can't remember the cav defense cap off the top of my head, but he could cap both that and skill at this rate if he's lucky. Speaking of, he could use some luck though...

This guy and the Chin are going to do great things, I'm telling you right now.

8zHb0wH.png06zjCc6.png

I don't even have the words for this anymore. Except I'm scared this will happen against me some chapter.

This reminds me of all the times I had to pray to the RNGoddess not to get crits in the final chapter of FE12, because everyone has a 20% chance to crit at that point and can only take two or three hits from dragons. I dread the moment I get there in my current maniac run.

rdg7J57.png

Awesome! Also he stopped getting HP. Ruben, I feel like this is really just to spite you now.

Oh, yeah? Well...

In all fairness, after what I put the kid through, I probably deserve it.

Y4JqJP0.png

Well, I can't say I'm surprised at least. Still, one level away from another star!

Christ Almighty.

a7otCm0.png

This has to be the one of the oddest units in the game. Everything about him just screams "why?". Also, Cecilia is as strong as him.

JwQClCV.png

Now the horse is losing limbs too. Kyle, what are these mysterious powers of yours? Does it come from all that skill?

He accosted the game engine. It cannot keep up.

bbaKsAC.pngXpGRh1a.pngXx1TcfW.png

Have I mentioned that Kyle is wonderful before

Multiple times, but not as many as I have.

"Unsteady on her feet." As it makes flying noises when she moves.

That soldier was drunk, and just happened to nudge us in the right direction by complete accident. A happy accident, to be sure.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

It wouldn't be as random as the Sedgar situation, at any rate.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Agreed. Now go and give ME views, Unknown, you lazy bastard! Nah just messing with ya

Yooo, he's back!

Yeah, Rolf's join time makes him almost unredeemable in HM. As for the rest of the chapter, I have very little to say. It's that easy... assuming you can gank all the Luna Shamans before they crit you, and as long as you have Slim Lances, you can do so with no effort.

There is one thing I would like to figure out, though. As I rewatched the video I made for this chapter on my channel, something dawned upon me.

L'Arachel cannot be statused due to Boon. This begs a question, which spoils something for the future so I'll ask discreetly.

Spoiler

Is she immune to Kishuna's silencing field in Vigarde's chapter? I shit you not, I've never bothered to check, and if she IS... I just might be able to get past the Druids' Berserk BS, with Ninian's help for double Restore action, of course. I'm asking whoever is willing to answer, because lately I haven't had the time to do much of anything, let alone even thinking of opening up Midori after months. Having a temporary job does that to you, although my contract will end in about 10 days.

• 4 weeks later...

Jail break time! Had expected to get this out earlier, things are just rather rough on me right now.

On 3/20/2019 at 7:54 AM, Dayni said:

Certainly over Rolf.

Poor Rolf, he's done me well in my PoR run at least.

Why is the Mage Knight so close in promo bonuses when it is just ridiculous because it gets most of the sage's promo stats and a horse?

It is a little ridiculous, but getting Light Magic is actually quite nice just for the amount of dangerous Shamans/Druids there are sometimes later, not to mention you don't have any monks in this game.

Is he a dwarf with that pickaxe?

That's basically exactly where my thoughts were.

Poor Alec, benched despite him trying.

At least he's not quite as bad off as Rebecca, whose levels are almost entirely fantastic and I'm still not using long term.

Oscar and tankiness are hand in hand, I'll have yo know!

True, my Oscar in PoR was rather tanky as well.

Hopefully I'll get back to posting sooner than 3-4 week intervals. I should have finished this one a few weeks ago though...

On 3/20/2019 at 6:09 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

That's something. Don't think I can come up with much else to say. How does one manage to one-up Kaga when it comes to weird, inexplicable stuff?

Just wait till something early on in this chapter about another character.

This whole scene was cool. Even if it reminded me that Raigh got captured alongside the others for no good reason and that's really annoying.

Thank you! At the very least the capturing makes for a much more interesting chapter than the fortress of monsters one.

Pah. Efficiency? That's for sissies. Real men take 50 turns to complete each map!

...Yeah that's basically me all the time I play FE. I'm super slow, as you guys have seen.

"Huuuurrrrrr huuuuunnnnnnn gooooooo keeeeeeeeell unnnnnhhhhhh"

I hope at least one monster boss has some leadership in this game just so I can imagine them being ever so slightly better than that.

So do I. Mage Knights in general looked awesome in FE8. A shame I barely ever see them, because I dislike Lute, L'Arachel's too much trouble and I like Moulder and his hilarious con better, and Ewan's better off as a dark mage if you do use him.

I think I had a run where I got all the Mage Knights possible, though some of them were probably just trained post game in the tower.

Now he just needs not to physically harm my retinas whenever he appears on screen.

I might fix that one day. Or not. We'll see!

He's the Lilina of Archers, then. Huh. How curious. Still worse than Leonie because no move growth.

This is true but Leonie's ridiculous.

I just can't get over that, she's fuckin' buff, my Cecilia. I suppose she was tired of people making fun of her stats, so she's decided that she's gonna benchpress Zephiel next time she sees him and show everybody what she's capable of.

This is a wonderful mental image.

Lugh, you absolute unit, leave some for your mother! Perhaps he senses that you're trying to feed the experience to her, and since he's still going through his angsty phase, he refuses to let you do it?

I'll take it as an explanation I guess.

This was me in my last run. My friend may've lost his mind in the river chapter of all chapters and now refuses to ever play FE in hard mode ever again, but he and my other friend at least had the satisfaction of watching me get the worst Ephraim in the history of Ephraims. Seriously, he was the worst Eph I've ever had in this game. A pain in the ass, that one.

Do you have what his stats were? I'm curious.

Then again, I also had Moulder and Colm competing to see which of the two was the tankiest unit of my team. No kidding. The Thief and the Healer, my tankiest units.

Isu3xicp oJahbrzvo o

That's...beautiful. Reminds me I had a Chad once with like 13 defense. I also need to show off my Lugh from my other playthrough of this at some point again.

Colm came out on top in the end, just barely, but Moulder capped speed and he didn't, so there's that. Besides, they were support partners, so it's not like I was going to bench one or the other anyway.

I forgot they could support!

This guy and the Chin are going to do great things, I'm telling you right now.

I should add support for them for bonuses, not like either can support many characters anyways.

This reminds me of all the times I had to pray to the RNGoddess not to get crits in the final chapter of FE12, because everyone has a 20% chance to crit at that point and can only take two or three hits from dragons. I dread the moment I get there in my current maniac run.

That sounds horrifying.

This has to be the one of the oddest units in the game. Everything about him just screams "why?". Also, Cecilia is as strong as him.

The image I had of Oscar being a cav in the main support menu is "why.png".

Agreed. Now go and give ME views, Unknown, you lazy bastard! Nah just messing with ya

I will! I'd been keeping up a little bit

but since things have gotten crazy I've fallen more behind. Just need to sit down and read through a bunch at once one of these days.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:28 PM, ShadowYoshi said:

Yooo, he's back!

Yeah, Rolf's join time makes him almost unredeemable in HM. As for the rest of the chapter, I have very little to say. It's that easy... assuming you can gank all the Luna Shamans before they crit you, and as long as you have Slim Lances, you can do so with no effort.

Or a Longbow and Oscar! Either works. Yeah this chapter's definitely among the easier ones.

There is one thing I would like to figure out, though. As I rewatched the video I made for this chapter on my channel, something dawned upon me.

L'Arachel cannot be statused due to Boon. This begs a question, which spoils something for the future so I'll ask discreetly.

Spoiler

She can still be silenced. Boon clears statuses at the start of turn, it doesn't make you immune to them entirely. If she's promoted she can use swords though, and you can kind of glitch the game by trying to use magic out of the attack command from there.

On a side note, I forgot to mention last update that I actually started playing heroes! Got a new phone with space for it and the FE6 banner was a nice excuse to try it out. I did get Lugh pretty quickly, got Idunn and Thea back to back (plus a few more Idunns), and before the end of the banner I dumped a lot of orbs trying to get Sue to no avail, but I did get 5 more Lughs (and 2 Surtrs) in the process so I'll take the +5 for my favorite character I guess.

Haven't spend any money on it outside of getting the $4 starter pack thing and don't plan to spend much if any more. Still having fun with it for now.

Alrighty, on to the update then!

Spoiler

AADJbXE.pngTB5fMvG.pngrtSKnMG.pngUbGUtaN.png

6zus4DF.png8cDU7Ns.pngcBgl9rF.png

I hope everyone missed Pablo while we were on Ephraim's route, cause I sure didn't!

rtvHGTG.pngCWBX0Ms.pngLcxIzoW.pngbGNzw9r.png

Hey look, it's the gang! Minus a few people and plus some NPCs, we'll get to that shortly.

HArYAyG.png6P9FJd7.pngjJ7Vwln.pngINswIMj.png

So we actually don't have either Sain or Elincia in any of the cells.

x3PmiLt.pngPOPsPrG.png5PVpwSc.pngvlxMwCW.png

Decided to throw in some super short prison conversations for fun!

fCgclLJ.png

So uh...when I first added this conversation, I had Wolt still showing up in the coding for it and forgot to erase him from the left spot before putting Vanessa in the same spot, and the result was Vanessa stealing Wolt's palette. Just thought that was kind of interesting.

U10A2I9.png3peU31K.pngzw1zXUB.pngvLWBGgT.png5N9PiUP.png

Speaking of outside their cell, some friends have shown up.

0afcKEM.pngJNGbDPv.pngOQJHjvu.pngapuxs99.png

Icf6mMs.pngMpTQHh2.pngNtbDEwK.pngnd1tY96.png

wZFjOGY.pngwlAy4WS.pngecBsqCt.pngxCw0Dwi.png

wa1XsUN.png8thTxSh.pngEVS1bkZ.pngII1rpfN.png

FoqXCdC.pngtV4MePS.pngycJDZ2W.png

So while Ced and Asvel leave and don't join us for a little while, we do get these three, who we'll get to in more detail shortly. Lastly...

tV97IQd.png

Sothe has snuck in on the other side somehow!

dAUoIhc.png

Here's our map. Not much to see yet in terms of enemies, though that Archer has a Greatbow (better Longbow, Archer/Sniper locked) so he can hit Safy or Raigh in their starting positions. Of course our magic user and healer are in the furthest cell. For this chapter, Sothe carries our supply, so everyone can restock off of him. There's some NPC both in their own area, and one with Eirika, and we'll be seeing who they are very shortly here. Let's first take a look at our new units though:

g6BaLQK.png5bWOl9V.pngngGhjX8.pngXJ9TheE.pngn0mbhWy.png

Growths: HP 70%, Str 40%, Mag 30%, Skl 60%, Spd 60%, Luck 55%, Def 20%, Mov 5%

Supports: Nils, Bryton, Eirika, Rath, Ced, Sain

Lyn's kind of fun. Definitely comes very underleveled, but her growths and bases are all pretty solid, she's got a good number of support options, and of course she comes with Luna and a decent prf in Mani Katti. She's also force deployed for one chapter a little bit later, so I'll probably be giving her some levels throughout the next few chapters. If you do end up using her, she becomes an offensive monster and can be quite the dodge tank too, but her low defense and unimpressive res will always keep her rather frail. She does also come with one star to her name, which is always helpful as well. Unfortunately, she doesn't get branched promotion in this game and can only promote to Blade Lord and get bows, though it does come with +15% crit in this game as well.

HyzZ8ss.pngpRVY4Uk.pngWjG2QjH.png

Growths: HP 85%, Str 5%, Mag 65%, Skl 55%, Spd 90%, Luck 80%, Def 30%, Mov 10%

Supports: Ninian, Danved, Lyn

First of our two refreshers, Nils can be extremely useful. In addition to his barding, he can also use Anima in this game, and doesn't have a shabby magic growth either. Unfortunately, he can't promote, but once he's got a few levels he'll double nearly everything as long as he isn't weighed down too much, and some extra magic chip can always be nice. Thankfully, his growths in HP and defense aren't too bad, so in addition to dodge tanking he should eventually be able to take at least a hit or two and survive. He's also got the second highest move growth in the game at 10%, so with some luck he can be refreshing people from pretty far across the map. Probably not using him long term, but he might get some use in the next few chapters if I have the slots.

7gRhYQG.png9l8Zh5e.pngO7oadr4.pngO7oadr4.png

Growths: HP 75%, Str 35%, Mag 15%, Skl 30%, Spd 35%, Luck 25%, Def 40%, Mov 1%

Lastly (for now) we've got Bryton. He's special and gets to be an Axe Knight. His growths aren't too impressive, leaning towards defense and tanking. Wrath helps his offense a bit, but like the other two he's perhaps a tad underleveled, but does provide another axe user in a game that doesn't have too many. WIth just the stats and growths here he's not too impressive, however he's got one thing that's kind of a saving grace and is also insane.

So let's talk his promotion options. Take a guess as to what you'd think they are. I took a level 20 Bryton off of another file to demonstrate:

JkE643X.pngGPOAFt4.png

So the first one's pretty predictable, getting Great Knight, fairly standard promo bonuses and all with a notable +4 to defense. However, next up...

nSYts8S.pngiGteHiH.png

Yes. For some reason, Bryton can become a Maelduin. The Centaur monster promoted class. Why? I really have no dang idea. Is the creator saying something about Bryton's character? Do they just like monster classes?

As you can see, the promotion bonuses are absurd. +10 HP, +7 strength, +5 skill and speed and +8 defense. He also gets bows with it since that's what that class gets normally. So this promotion option takes the usually unimpressive Bryton and actually turns him into quite the force of nature (unless he's really RNG screwed), helping his offense a lot and strengthening his tankiness to an extreme, as well as giving him a ranged-locked option, which can actually be a boon. You see, the AI in this game loves to prioritize anyone who can't counter attack, even if they'll do nothing to them and they could easily kill someone else instead. Despite all this, Bryton is still kind of a pain to level as an Axe Knight and his growths are still pretty dang RNG susceptible, but Maelduin promotion is insane and gives him quite a bit of potential.

I've pretty much decided on everyone I'm using so I don't think Bryton's getting pulled in unfortunately, but lemme know if you really want to see him and I can try to make something work!

IacTFCT.png

Just showing off the Greatbow for a quick moment, I might be able to steal it, but the Killer Bow is also a solid choice, especially if Wolt goes Ranger.

Also, we do have two NPCs I'll quickly show here:

eKvIRsz.pnga0VkWSy.png

Rennac's only here for the first turn, having helped Dozla get in here I believe. A shame, it'd be nice getting someone who can steal WHO HAS SOME ACTUAL SPEED! But alas. I'll get to Dozla more once he's properly recruited though.

vXjA2dE.pngMCMMlN2.pngwBncP53.pngPXFg5iX.pngn89f6Ye.png

So while Sothe has our supply, it turns out I left some stuff on Eirika and she actually kept it...not sure how that works exactly. I've never actually tested if anyone else who's left with their stuff gets to keep it or not or if some do and some don't, but I've never wanted to risk it so I usually just dump everything. Still, it does seem those I hadn't brought to Chapter 10 did keep some stuff.

fgLUiIW.pngAS4B74s.png

We do open the door with some of the keys Lyn's group had, so the trio in the bottom right can join us, with Bors taking Vanessa's Javelin. Not a very long turn for me though.

mYTw5mD.pngQ5r3ulh.pngdfapJrw.png

3FcJOrX.pngmrgwAHH.png

Rennac takes one hit, but it really doesn't matter, as we're about to go to their turn. First though:

ksNvaCa.pngb6PWegc.pngSTl6GSL.pngpQAFwA3.png

kqFn5o8.pngxTQEaYW.png4KoepgX.pngpgFp2ir.png

SEICgFU.pngBDFq6Sg.pngWBHVr3v.pngQo2g1zG.png

ymnHFaQ.pngHZT0aaP.png5yDh5lO.png0VNniYM.png

1G1n3bO.pngBXtrJ9I.png

nsVjES5.pngRVSJ1oE.png

With that, Dozla does indeed break down the door and Rennac escapes while he moves towards the guards. On to our turn again, then.

4NqO4Xu.pngxzxguFF.pnggMhoj6U.pngxRj0QnX.png

Hi Gerik!

GRez605.pngeQyU7me.pnghjwz5ZG.pngJH1PtHE.png

fT3LYbl.pngXEYlcJy.pngFeqHFGS.pngoFLqA98.png

Vuw4ACJ.png

Nah, Sothe's not fast enough. 

SISxKA9.pngwr1V9md.pngrEZWrD5.png4UwlhQI.png

iSKJu2A.pngqzl1eOW.pngMcJ0nYi.pngv8yAEFn.png

Flute loops = more Megachin action!

dcCfhVA.png7LCz7Cl.png7q9nuGP.pngPGlpa80.png8CabIWF.png

Well at least Dozla can handle himself for now.

WF3y3PV.png

Now time to free Eirika, which gives us a scene.

eRn2OGc.png8777QvY.png31lT2N5.pnggMvvuNd.png

xxZVMG1.pngjEw30pS.png

Or, because Sothe is too slow, he got spotted and people followed him?

iP0REIf.pngOcSviNn.pngEEZg4nX.pngEj4ghHg.png

oTvmjG6.pngsmKUOdX.pngfxSfaXq.pngyysC57k.pngClYkEFJ.png

Not like she isn't already armed, but let's pretend shall we?

E5mK4rG.pngSHqkmJY.pngDlvnfv7.pngG1qMXcM.png

oeleD1i.pngRkLsVtZ.png

WoRN90Y.pngEtGLiOn.png5vcDdJk.png

DkPweiC.pngoKFm8Tm.pngo5sZi4b.png

So once you unlock that door, those reinforcements spawn to the left, and a bunch come from the right as well. First off, we've got another newbie to look at though!

o2GEUfN.pngRMxfLlw.pngAXcgpp6.pnglobanci.pngaz4T7V6.png

Growths: HP 85%, Str 45%, Mag 25%, Skl 40%, Spd 30%, Luck 25%, Def 25%, Mov 1%

Supports: Guy, Renault, Boyd, Rolf

Gerik's definitely not bad, coming fairly well leveled and with respectable bases. Critical and especially Sol are also pretty nice skills, and his high HP and decent defense combined with Sol can make him pretty reliably resilient. His growths aren't anything too special, especially the 30% in speed, but his bases are at least all good enough that it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Nothing too special in his supports, Guy is nice if you're fine with all the sword users and he can start from this chapter, but the rest can't be started until the two groups re-unite (and one is Rolf).

For promotion, Hero gets him axes of course, which are rather scarce in this game so another user of those doesn't hurt, plus he's got the strength to wield them. As usual though, the horse that comes with Ranger can also be pretty hard to pass up. I do kind of wish he had a leadership star though.

Vrb5tAS.pnggdtthOj.pngguhS6Tp.pngb5cEEQP.png

Now that Sothe has reached people, we can start getting into our supply as well! Also didn't point it out earlier, but Lyn came with a Critical skill manual. Would almost definitely be best on a lance user; I'm thinking Ephraim or Fee at the moment, though Bors could use some skills too.

Other than that, we'll set Bors up to start tanking the reinforcements coming from the right, with Lance in support range for him.

tAaYYZq.pngWZABsx3.pngYtU85xR.pngvkQqU2k.png

Bors practices his Javelin throws!

t5oTtMT.pngsbvDOdx.pngkMvFC7T.pngAUUY6Fu.png

5ugUrrJ.pngDUo4woH.pngF2eNI2a.png

Bors cares not for your doubling!

wDldMEA.png

He does get another level out of it though! His skill could use a little work and more speed is always great!

NsN1E4K.pngm95r3hV.png

Let's get our last new recruit for the map!

ksrDM1l.pngrz5IdUq.pngQwj6UAv.png

And now Dozla enact his revenge!

QtYtw3e.pnghPfRR6y.pngkqHJg32.png

With her magical continent portals for fast travel.

HiUc0ng.png3Jy7IAF.pngORsjQo5.pngV6TMcXF.png

So let's take a look at jolly ol' Dozla:

d7bUDKW.png2EVMTQ1.pngGurkukB.pngWc4KoeG.png

Growths: HP 80%, Str 30%, Mag 25%, Skl 35%, Spd 40%, Luck 30%, Def 50%, Mov 1%

Supports: L'Arachel, Danved, Tiki, Lugh

Dozla's kind of weird. His stats are super typical Berserker stats and aren't too impressive outside of great base strength. His growths are just bizarre though, with mediocre strength and skill, decent speed, and a quite good defense growth (not too shabby mag/res for a Berserker either). Provided he can hit things and not get wrecked in return, he should always do a fair amount of damage, especially since he'll crit decently enough. His high HP and eventually good defense can help him take many hits too.

Like Kyle, he's also got Accost, but I feel like it's a little more of a problem on him than the former. He doesn't really have the speed to proc it too much outside of against very weighed down units, and he doesn't have the defenses Kyle does to survive extra rounds of combat that don't go his way, or the occasional ranged double the skill creates.

Nothing surprising in his supports; L'Arachel is obvious and with the setup they've got here so is Devdan, and Tiki and Lugh likely fill in for Myrrh and Ewan. Unfortunately, he can't build any of these until the routes meet up, so he's stuck alone on this route for a while. Still, he's a force deploy on Chapter 15, so I'll probably be throwing him some levels here and there over the next few chapters.

UzQPuT2.pngoHLInL6.pngz44D6Dt.pngCNjXXYx.png

Kind of scary turn, and I was stuck with these options for a little, but decided to go for the Archer in the end.

5N8Z9T0.pngq1H1mpR.pngIcbExKv.pngB3EBpWZ.png

Slim Lance non-crits are so depressing.

avTCRvb.pngomEzYZV.pngCxww3AJ.pngKiQYng0.png

Can't quite kill these guys, but at least Bryton can weaken 'em.

EgQC1fi.pngmPK5U4U.png

Also not a bad idea to feed Karin some kills, but it probably won't lead to much.

gOiqjru.png

Some HP would be nice, all I really need is for her to be able to survive after recruiting Ilios later on.

uc7TK0z.png1vuOhp1.pngE8OrhbG.png

Muahaha! These poor fools have no idea what they're in for.

But...I do really need to Hammerne that thing.

h5LRuoY.pngmKhyy8y.pngmJXjfK3.pngFwrHgk9.png

Accost lets Dozla kill this guy, and he flexes in front of its ghost. You know, I can see Dozla doing that.

3m18FO1.pngsGaEw1V.pngk4e8rkH.png

I've missed Lotsin, I've missed him a lot.

fEP2h4C.pngWptijKs.png

And Dozla gets Accost doubled.

p1wJcrq.pngqQYb38p.pngukgSTYa.pngi78qV26.png

Should get Lyn some kills here as well.

4PuYYtg.pngcsMJXkO.pngkzi132X.png9q5VjfV.png

Mostly just setting up for the reinforcements coming in.

NkwcRB2.pngAui1pIg.pngrSlCvXB.pngdV62RnN.png

At least Knives being outside of the triangle is a nice thing Sothe's got going for him.

zQqv3Qi.png4LkWIJi.pngAccn7c4.png

Good job, better than earlier Bors! Glad to see the Chin never gives up.

d8qiUFC.pngeJ24XJF.pngm7HXzt9.pngmqPnHCl.pngVV61PkH.png

Ooh, nice Sol proc there Gerik. His high HP also helps things out here.

JVBJpF4.pngmUWK4OH.pngynEwqjT.pngwNpjChu.png

Unfortunately Eirika can't dodge like Bors or Sothe can.

INXCVF2.pngToFPKca.pnggg1gehu.pngbeqHUhp.png

Crits, crits for everyone!

yIeOFQP.pngJ8WXp0e.pngzpGVqmy.pngUFULHaA.png4IbycnW.png

So I am trying to show the pre-combat windows a lot more, since they also show where things are on the map, but lemme know if it's ever a little too excessive showing almost all of em.

xqCOevs.png

My hatred for Sothe continues.

O1WbBLP.pngyiNk4z4.pngkSkohQJ.pngM88EYQk.pngln1ivZ9.png

I want Safy back already!

KNd8gSR.pngxD2ms2D.pnga6ojGoE.pnglwJgJGX.png

YbNdffH.pngcmSi3Fu.png0bsnPJR.png33cR0Qi.png

Pssh, like he needs to use any other axe other than Pugi. You know, except for right now, so I don't break it...

MwLIK9Q.pngWMLkcUa.pngDuWGFIi.pngUyXuEkv.png

It's almost like Lotsin's just turned his back and is going "Talk to the axe."

6DQ7QCu.png

Sigh. At least his speed is capped.

QnVVrDR.pngVPJegzh.png9IJvkiX.png85j9bl0.png

Well I dun screwed up the kill shot. Maybe Sothe spared him and let him escape.

VMMXhdO.pngNGrOzTi.png

Well at least she won't take the hit!

0PB22Al.png

Well...uh...defense is nice I guess?

X1eIPkp.pngCm3Hg9K.pngElMfqwb.png0oFKNIr.png

ZCPjuwm.pngTV03WkF.pngWLczel0.pnguZIrel7.png

ars6pFq.png9xOxxuf.pnguzbIwaq.pngFKeJkDU.png

Dozla again gets "doubled", but both miss! Also Lotsin does double, but I got another white screen on the kill.

ESeexjT.pngsKAokUE.png2fAjIcQ.pnggzCSi1q.png

I do like how Lyn entirely disappears on her crit animation.

h5XOtBQ.png

I also just now realize I can steal things again! Which is nice, but I now have to pay attention a lot more to what people have.

2uOcbkF.pnge2zm1X5.png

Pretty much what I need out of him, go Nils!

whYoTMC.pngaqfuXHX.pngpq7wxSU.png2O15nyV.png

Good thing Eirika can crit at least, she definitely doesn't have the HP/defense to survive much.

LAxwhVK.pngd8EXtVQ.pngJDUxhHz.pngLYbuKcQ.png

Wolt doesn't follow suit however. Also, that reminds me, you guys know what item I accidentally left on Rebecca back on Ephraim's route? The Bownerary! And a few other bows. It also turns out I actually overwrote my prep screen stuff before I started from last chapter where I bought a Flux tome. So Raigh only has five uses to use for this map...

EAai4TT.pngGPludun.pngsUHnRE7.png

The Archer impact effect being off always bugs me slightly.

AVt2k8F.pngZfDhz9D.png

That mid-way shot looks...odd. Is Bors trying to flex in front of ghosts too?

feC2fKl.png

Sweet! Bors continues to not disappoint and I'm so happy to have him and his glorious chin and stache hair back.

iOv0xxS.pngks3t6oe.png

I'm dumb and messed up baiting the General, then this guy could have killed Lyn! That...actually woulda been kinda funny.

pxYkBQb.pngszM9Xsk.pngcS7y96b.png

Sweet! Shouldn't be too bad.

ry8guSj.png

OW! I forgot he had a sword. Thank goodness Lotsin is fast.

Miy4fcN.pngBORPzX5.png5XxV1Ii.pngmLvjyXX.png

Wow I'm pretty bad at getting these combat shots lately, or my emulator's weird. Or both. Probably both.

087VDcV.pngMqEeqqt.png4zYOA7K.png

Sothe gets looped and out of the way so Eirika can finish! Also yet another Master Seal, very nice cause I have a lot of promotions coming up.

HyuqN63.pngu5d47to.pngnLmH7Kf.png

c4x9fSe.png6zJ2XGZ.png

Cause I really need more Vulnerarys right? I always feel like if I have the ability to steal though, I must.

laUjrcx.png

Well...good level for Bryton at least!

GNCcv2i.pngLtLRTEj.png

Getting as much XP as I can from this guy. I think Eirika's capped speed now?

mKFU08U.pngSDaV3uK.png

Dang it Wolt, you'd started off so well, pick it up man!

x4rXMmn.pngocptXCn.png

Lyn meanwhile gets fantastic level ups. Maybe she's upset she doesn't get branched promotion and is determined to beat the system.

iIGCih3.pngdyUeI59.png

Loops and loots get us the monster-slaying Bow. Will be nice for Wolt at some point I guess.

tZXEt5e.pngtsw47io.png

Not much going on here but creeping forward, and we can see a nice Paladin in there.

VFE65bi.png

Ooh, sweet! I could always use more Silver weapons!

roCgMmh.png

...21 Speed. One higher. I feel like I'm gonna need to retitle this thread to "Damn it Sothe!".

lVjprhZ.pngfpohEi2.pngALKU0Dk.png

I decide to get the Killer Bow instead, figure it'll be more useful in the long run.

fX386rM.pngJ9muSfR.png

I think I wanted someone else to get that, but can't complain too much about Dozla getting some xp.

o89f8Rh.pngqwJf2TH.png

*Rage intensifies*

bfIFzOc.pngTM86RyR.png749rgWu.pngMkLy5A1.png

Totally not risky at all. Good thing there's practically no difference for units between 1 HP and death, can still totally perform their best!

evMqzbT.png

As evidenced by Lyn's levels, goodness!

qsAs04X.pngFUh5tLf.pngTvQSGAd.png

JswvHLD.pngE78nXqv.pngcpoXjQ8.png

2BFgnnl.png

We finally set our last three prisoners free, and Safy has a boatload of xp to get.

oWNwPWf.png92bBk06.png

RIP Raigh's xp though.

OHiwBee.pngWy9uBuw.png

I...think she's capped her strength! Fine level for Nils too, who I keep forgetting to give any magic.

AsZZDEK.png

Lotsin deserves the divine/holy looking light coming down on him for this.

sPKIpqi.pngxVDF0gy.png

Pugi's results speak for themselves.

yrNmgcU.png

And that's her magic cap! Also, I know it's not the same, but her level has exceeded her HP, unlike Lugh's.

cpVLD2I.pngTatWYIK.png

Just some trading (or re-equipping I think) while Bors sets up to tank this room.

F4tWmWB.png85di9RD.png

Well the hit values got cut off there that time, my emulator just keeps surprising me.

oyk7QjI.pngXcEZFPX.pngluJdrfj.png2QF6h0L.png

Jbk3dSu.pngfVwRkss.png

Lotsin's looped and gets enough Pugi crits to kill this guy!

XeSudN6.png

Improvement! Now make it a 3 stat next time!

1XBWIZO.pngHDztHZG.pngS5NWbKW.png

At least he's fast enough to steal from the cavs…*grumble grumble*

DlJvYnp.pngir7p3YC.pngLGR9KTb.png

I'll take it. Also, her defense is still two, just thought I'd point that out.

IYIbQtI.pngqiRtXSW.png

Ooh, and we've got our next ring! Strength one will be very nice. Now let's see what's behind the doors! Fun fact though, you can only open the one on the left for some weird reason.

46N629x.png

Oh....good. Also hard to see, but there's a Mage Knight boss on the stairs there.

VdtSNET.pngcbA88zU.png

And we've got our next Grommell! With the usual Eclipse and an Elixir + Skill Ring. Also, guess what? He's got 21 speed, so I can't even steal the Elixir!

kJF5FIX.pngB60XziQ.pngE5pU60Q.png

The enemy set up here is meticulously annoying, so let's see how we can manage this.

7UVhukX.pngNwXTQpU.pngi5db2V2.png

Safy grabs some more staves from Supply and we end in this position, my idea here was to bait the Archers...

nKBuWXP.png

However, those Knights say otherwise.

bjaSMbg.png

And now I'm terrified. Oh, and one of the Priests has a Sleep staff, that I probably won't get to steal. Granted, I could have Slept him myself and stolen it afterwards to get two more uses than my current single use one, but I didn't think of that till it was too late.

jo0fTP5.png6hs6sKk.pngEk7lKUd.pngFfOh70C.png

Grommell's usual spiel as he annoyingly Eclipses Nils the whole time. I do like the red MK magic effect though, don't get to see it often since enemy Mage Knights are rather rare I believe.

AvTvS9S.png

And Dozla gets to take a nice nap. Of course all FE units know how to sleep standing like this, right?

Y6L8wlL.pngcrtP9J4.png

It's the Axereaver Knights who went first, so Lyn can take them out rather easily.

And by Lyn I mean Eirika and I just wanted to keep my typo.

ZkHjRoS.pngOR5EWNC.png

Wolt does his job and takes care of this one too! This leaves me in a rather precarious situation on how to tank this, the Mages and Generals can hurt a lot here, the back two Knights have Short Spears too. The way everyone's positioned I can't get exactly how I want, tight corridor makes for tough positioning.

ixWbnoH.png

So, Safy grabs a lot of stuff from Supply for other people, the Physic being the only thing she's keeping. The plan here is to distribute rings and reavers and have Sothe and Bors tank.

5TomQ3K.pngrbWnajw.pngGQWCnRB.png6uq7ZOk.png

So after much finagling, Sothe makes his way up front and uses a Pure Water, while Bors grabs the Axereaver from Safy then takes the water from Sothe and uses it. Also need to keep Eirika and Lance in support range of both of them while being safe from ranged attacks. All of this took me way too long to figure out how to do.

SkzIfOH.pngD0HZZNj.pngN1ok5Te.pngr4rpiUB.png

BZfPId5.pngpAzmstw.png2O0rdCa.png

Thankfully, this all actually worked fairly well and both dodge quite well. I don't end up stealing the Battle Axes here, unfortunately.

zWfDVTh.png

*Angery noises*

nbsrZOQ.pngadKP5U9.pngBhhvwJk.png141KYu8.pnghlYH9Av.png

Not too worried about the sleeping people right now.

VWjqSyK.png9l0rCNs.png

No crits for Sothe unfortunately.

Pg2zLWs.pngGsIho8m.png

And then I remembered just how annoying enemy generals with 24 defense are, that's a 24% chance to proc Big Shield.

xNaqLkW.pngc3ylAwF.png

Raigh finally gets to see a little bit of action and finishes a General for me.

3WhoC6J.pngBhcoloN.pngFZZUeBR.pngtsuGVum.png

Not like Bors really needs it, but Safy will likely hit 30 by chapter's end.

EXkAekU.pngfvRH2Ji.png95LuKXQ.png

Back to fun blurry shots! At the very least, Sothe's almost sludge looking dodge frames always amuse me.

USviysu.png1zQLt9D.pngx2qiP6R.pngs6JgsKD.png

Big Sigh procs again.

jouHUSz.pngRi2ufwK.pngTvG0HO2.png4OI5T70.png

I still always forget about Vantage. I think that might have been the last Flux use too. Well, you were definitely very useful for the two minutes you got to be useful here, Raigh.

FpMGVgH.pngUSGwaPP.pngNv556El.pnguPCTL4i.png

So the Mages can definitely still hurt Lotsin a bunch, but thankfully both can't reach him.

uyvASZu.png0rYxxUO.png

3 for 3 on sleeps here.

0TuSALH.pngO8dCfBf.png

Thankfully, no Big Shield this time and Sothe actually crits! So, Big Shield has actually proc'd more this chapter than Sothe's speed growth I've realized.

i8sEz7Z.pngof1i87T.pngXfDvCGc.png

What is it with the Mages and Bors not wanting to Slim them to death?

UxiMZj0.pngheUveoH.pngscl3Xvx.png0QbZVQk.png

Rings get swapped around so Eirika won't die here, though thankfully she's been mostly good about dodging this time.

bc38xZb.pngx5s7tj9.pngSwSgtL4.png

Well, Nils got his 5% strength growth before his 10% movement growth, and I'm not quite sure how that makes me feel.

5HlajUL.pngDkauL4j.png86uHuYv.png

There we go Lotsin!

OqKvWLv.pngesKobXW.pngAFrUCgL.pngY2tt49u.png

Wolt's got the Power Ring now, so he can actually kill things sometimes!

afP2Q4t.png

Didn't except too much else, but a little more speed would be nice.

YTv564l.pngvdR3eQD.png

And so the poking at Grommell begins.

UHf08ph.png

Woo, more strength! Very nice level, though it has been a while since he's gotten speed.

5aozaIH.pngfaH41TJ.png

Aww, Lotsin! I do hope he can cap skill and get a little more defense/strength here.

CLMr0Mz.pngLL9DCPg.png

Bors meanwhile, continues to make sure no stat gets left too far behind! Keep it up you lovable stachehair man.

MEr2DAf.pngo2GxR8l.png

….Well, I guess it's time to look at Sothe's averages, let's see if my disappointment is actually warranted.

HP -1, Str average (cap), Mag +2, Skl average (cap), Spd -2, Luck -1, Def average, Mov average

Well it's only -2 on speed, and the only thing he's + on is Magic. Well at least some of my hatred is justified.

Also of note, Sothe actually uses a special item to promote, which we won't get till mid Chapter 16, so he's stuck for a while.

WkaygS7.pngsusvpbo.pngVqFlEIH.png

And Grommell decides to be annoying and use the Elixir I can't steal. More XP I guess?

X20od0O.png

And...that's Safy's last level, so let's take a look at her too:

HP +1, Str +1, Mag average (cap), Skl +1, Spd -1, Luck +1, Def -3, Mov +1

Fairly average I guess, a few +1's, most notable movement, but -3 Def and -1 speed kinda hurts. So, she can actually get promoted at the start of next chapter, and I'm still a little unsure which path I want her to take.

Right now I'm leaning towards Valkyrie since I made her a Bishop in my first playthrough (and Valks are one of my favorite classes). Valk gets her swords, and while her strength is good she's super frail if hit. The biggest boon is definitely the horse to allow her to go in and out for both healing and damage, so she can keep out of danger.

Bishop DOES get Dark Magic though, which is still boosted by Slayer on monsters. Since we're making Nino Druid, we will be getting at least one more Dark user though. Technically Eirika once she promotes as well, so I'm not too concerned about it.

bnGWihr.png

Moving on, we do get yet another great level for Lyn, which will definitely help at least a little bit throughout the next few chapters.

Pni7dRL.png3BgzDA4.png

Not wanting to be outdone, Eirika gets the kill and gets a terrific level for it, getting all of strength, magic AND defense! She's finally starting to be a little less frail, and if she can get a few more of these before 30 she'll be pretty great on promotion once she gets magic access.

l7ZSxBl.png

And with that, we can escape and end the chapter!

d0pZ14c.pngUWE8ySs.pngF3fkLrP.pngKTf5ojJ.png

Lyn seems annoyed that Ced got routed in the first place. I also almost typed Eirika when I meant Lyn...

48Puzdf.png8MS9Yo1.pngge0rIWy.png

cHrEmym.pngtz8LBGK.png

Eirika instead seems annoyed about this whole mountain path deal. Isn't she the one who gets tired and needs to rest on it in the normal game?

qCmJ9VQ.pngEviJVaK.pngxcZvt3k.pngr2b9ign.png

Hi Rath! He sticks to his silent schtick though as we rest up here.

pQKOZa8.pngmZlxhUP.png

Oh come on this should be easy pickings for Rath there, who's notable a Nomadic Trooper. And not a Ranger.

ESN9jok.pngZSMCkr4.pngEvyOIFo.pngz4QEe4C.png

I like to think Eirika was just taking a really long time to think of the answer there, Glen seems irritated about it.

9OCMj3n.pngG6bkXWt.pnghT51dBX.pngVDIJqGe.png

xnq1htb.pngqFexLVR.pngICYohmi.pngFJcP599.png

76j0GUb.pngHsA09nA.pngV6mZNLB.pngiEDH4f2.png

I still think he could have just gone to the port himself...or the emperor could have actually framed her...or something. And it's not like she doesn't have a reason for having a small army with her, given that there's a war going on and all.

jvjIav2.png06HHfLS.pngRd3Ckpt.png

No Innes (or Ced) means Lyn gets to take his place here.

keFaxq4.pngwhRcDSH.pngwMmHv6o.png6Nht3Jq.png

BHxxZ8V.pngmSBozrQ.pngdKgpcN1.png

Feels like she fits at least halfway decently I guess, though I think I like it coming from Innes better.

2intaQx.pngMvi3Gux.png31zYqqK.pngXeVdcig.png

zByAsdA.pngZw9yrEb.pngEY0pCv4.pngYJbgzIj.png

S76ZFlK.pngc9QLzVl.pngiMm9LCo.pngOpB2aHv.png

So time to go off on your own now when the emperor's surrounded by people like Valter and Riev! Come to think of it, I'd love to see what went through the other generals' minds as freakin Riev showed up in the capital.

DWHe6r6.pngy5eAvmd.pngVYUb0my.png

She also had more green hair, if the flashbacks are anything to go by. Clearly this is why he thought she might have stooped to such lows; the grief of losing green hair would be too much for anyone to bare.

Rcy3mw8.pngiVu0p9o.pngwlnzL0K.pngx9uKQbN.png

I like his last little threat there.

Zxh4tvi.pngVL0eQRG.pngjrKJowx.png

I like to think Valter here has the same continental warping system LA Rachel's got going on to hop cross continent so fast.

n1gksGg.pngr3LL40X.pngF0UkmOL.png1NUD5ri.png

8Fm73m1.pngaAjJbs2.pnghmhYROP.png9VSRI3i.png

c4ziqpL.pngfXJ8mzv.pngvNmFtL6.pngHm3HAPn.png

At least Valter had the courtesy to let him know ahead of time. What an admirable fellow. I should get and build him in Heroes. Clearly.

3a8O4bO.pngpj4mTN5.pngab3egtP.png1yR07WN.png

qG71NtZ.pngwaM0VPO.pngajaaQmf.pngk9yyjoD.png

I do wonder if they got along at all before that incident, or if they always knew that Valter was a loose cannon and it was only a matter of time. He must have acted at least half way decently at one point to have been given the rank he did by the normal Vigarde.

TjdyYdi.pngVIHfiKa.pngzBjO5ve.pngcqKVXp4.png

Odiv5Zz.pngOpfpAUs.pngxpNz5Kg.pngkXabETQ.png

CHQJ0IA.png8bgKc0n.pngNzMmEbZ.png

Valter always seems to luck out on triangle advantage when facing people who can also use lances.

0EmjNhj.png8ZON12Y.png

Rip Glen, if only you'd had green hair maybe you coulda been in this hack. :(

WQKVRSA.pngBsY2pao.pnghA880g1.png

I like to hope one of those random wyverns survived against Valter's.

Ti31bH2.pngYZoTws4.pngpq8zdor.png

And with that, we're at the end of this chapter! It honestly wasn't as bad as I was expecting, though I'm annoyed I forgot about the bows/flux. Next chapter shouldn't be too bad, a few hard parts but mostly it's a good chapter for experience and kind of a calm before the storm of Chapter 13. Hopefully will be able to get Raigh and Lotsin promoted before the end of next chapter. As usual, thank you for the patience and see you next time!

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

Eirika - 1

Danved and Devdan Crits:

Danved - 2

Devdan - 2

4 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

INswIMj.png

So we actually don't have either Sain or Elincia in any of the cells.

I mean, this isn't the Legendary Super Sain, so I understand Guy's concerns.

Lyn's kind of fun. Definitely comes very underleveled, but her growths and bases are all pretty solid, she's got a good number of support options, and of course she comes with Luna and a decent prf in Mani Katti. She's also force deployed for one chapter a little bit later, so I'll probably be giving her some levels throughout the next few chapters. If you do end up using her, she becomes an offensive monster and can be quite the dodge tank too, but her low defense and unimpressive res will always keep her rather frail. She does also come with one star to her name, which is always helpful as well. Unfortunately, she doesn't get branched promotion in this game and can only promote to Blade Lord and get bows, though it does come with +15% crit in this game as well

Lyn being an Est in this game is a bit odd when you think about it.

First of our two refreshers, Nils can be extremely useful. In addition to his barding, he can also use Anima in this game, and doesn't have a shabby magic growth either. Unfortunately, he can't promote, but once he's got a few levels he'll double nearly everything as long as he isn't weighed down too much, and some extra magic chip can always be nice. Thankfully, his growths in HP and defense aren't too bad, so in addition to dodge tanking he should eventually be able to take at least a hit or two and survive. He's also got the second highest move growth in the game at 10%, so with some luck he can be refreshing people from pretty far across the map. Probably not using him long term, but he might get some use in the next few chapters if I have the slots.

Double dancing's a thing in FE Green.

Whoa. You're not using him why then?

Lastly (for now) we've got Bryton. He's special and gets to be an Axe Knight. His growths aren't too impressive, leaning towards defense and tanking. Wrath helps his offense a bit, but like the other two he's perhaps a tad underleveled, but does provide another axe user in a game that doesn't have too many. WIth just the stats and growths here he's not too impressive, however he's got one thing that's kind of a saving grace and is also insane.

So let's talk his promotion options. Take a guess as to what you'd think they are. I took a level 20 Bryton off of another file to demonstrate:

Yeah, he doesn't look too crazy, but if you needed a cav....

JkE643X.pngGPOAFt4.png

So the first one's pretty predictable, getting Great Knight, fairly standard promo bonuses and all with a notable +4 to defense. However, next up...

nSYts8S.pngiGteHiH.png

Yes. For some reason, Bryton can become a Maelduin. The Centaur monster promoted class. Why? I really have no dang idea. Is the creator saying something about Bryton's character? Do they just like monster classes?

As you can see, the promotion bonuses are absurd. +10 HP, +7 strength, +5 skill and speed and +8 defense. He also gets bows with it since that's what that class gets normally. So this promotion option takes the usually unimpressive Bryton and actually turns him into quite the force of nature (unless he's really RNG screwed), helping his offense a lot and strengthening his tankiness to an extreme, as well as giving him a ranged-locked option, which can actually be a boon. You see, the AI in this game loves to prioritize anyone who can't counter attack, even if they'll do nothing to them and they could easily kill someone else instead. Despite all this, Bryton is still kind of a pain to level as an Axe Knight and his growths are still pretty dang RNG susceptible, but Maelduin promotion is insane and gives him quite a bit of potential.

I've pretty much decided on everyone I'm using so I don't think Bryton's getting pulled in unfortunately, but lemme know if you really want to see him and I can try to make something work!

It's not like Great Knight's all that bad, but why does Maelduin have these promo gains? Those are amazing. If you happen to need a spare slot I'd wonder if he could work from just getting a promotion immediately.

WBHVr3v.pngQo2g1zG.png

Impossible image #5434: Rennac having feelings for those who aren't Rennac.

Gerik's definitely not bad, coming fairly well leveled and with respectable bases. Critical and especially Sol are also pretty nice skills, and his high HP and decent defense combined with Sol can make him pretty reliably resilient. His growths aren't anything too special, especially the 30% in speed, but his bases are at least all good enough that it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Nothing too special in his supports, Guy is nice if you're fine with all the sword users and he can start from this chapter, but the rest can't be started until the two groups re-unite (and one is Rolf).

For promotion, Hero gets him axes of course, which are rather scarce in this game so another user of those doesn't hurt, plus he's got the strength to wield them. As usual though, the horse that comes with Ranger can also be pretty hard to pass up. I do kind of wish he had a leadership star though.

A decent choice of a unit, he'd be handy I think.

I'm always debating how green his hair actually is, I feel like he's got kind of straw coloured hair and it messes with me a bit.

Dozla's kind of weird. His stats are super typical Berserker stats and aren't too impressive outside of great base strength. His growths are just bizarre though, with mediocre strength and skill, decent speed, and a quite good defense growth (not too shabby mag/res for a Berserker either). Provided he can hit things and not get wrecked in return, he should always do a fair amount of damage, especially since he'll crit decently enough. His high HP and eventually good defense can help him take many hits too.

Like Kyle, he's also got Accost, but I feel like it's a little more of a problem on him than the former. He doesn't really have the speed to proc it too much outside of against very weighed down units, and he doesn't have the defenses Kyle does to survive extra rounds of combat that don't go his way, or the occasional ranged double the skill creates.

Nothing surprising in his supports; L'Arachel is obvious and with the setup they've got here so is Devdan, and Tiki and Lugh likely fill in for Myrrh and Ewan. Unfortunately, he can't build any of these until the routes meet up, so he's stuck alone on this route for a while. Still, he's a force deploy on Chapter 15, so I'll probably be throwing him some levels here and there over the next few chapters.

Well, it's not lik his growths were top tier before now. His defence could come good though.

Why's he forced on 13?

FwrHgk9.png

Accost lets Dozla kill this guy, and he flexes in front of its ghost. You know, I can see Dozla doing that.

Flexing as a farewell to a combatant.

I can see Dozla doing that.

LYbuKcQ.png

Wolt doesn't follow suit however. Also, that reminds me, you guys know what item I accidentally left on Rebecca back on Ephraim's route? The Bownerary! And a few other bows. It also turns out I actually overwrote my prep screen stuff before I started from last chapter where I bought a Flux tome. So Raigh only has five uses to use for this map...

Well that's not good to hear.

ZfDhz9D.png

That mid-way shot looks...odd. Is Bors trying to flex in front of ghosts too?

I guess Flexing to the Afterlife is the next exorcise exercise craze.

VdtSNET.pngcbA88zU.png

And we've got our next Grommell! With the usual Eclipse and an Elixir + Skill Ring. Also, guess what? He's got 21 speed, so I can't even steal the Elixir!

No skill ring either. :(

Also, why Grommel? He wasn't exceptional in PoR (Barring forcing a reset when I took him below half HP with Haar and watched as Haar died horribly)

MEr2DAf.pngo2GxR8l.png

….Well, I guess it's time to look at Sothe's averages, let's see if my disappointment is actually warranted.

HP -1, Str average (cap), Mag +2, Skl average (cap), Spd -2, Luck -1, Def average, Mov average

Well it's only -2 on speed, and the only thing he's + on is Magic. Well at least some of my hatred is justified.

Also of note, Sothe actually uses a special item to promote, which we won't get till mid Chapter 16, so he's stuck for a while.

Is it worth giving him a speedwings?

(Probably not this late on but still.)

X20od0O.png

Fairly average I guess, a few +1's, most notable movement, but -3 Def and -1 speed kinda hurts. So, she can actually get promoted at the start of next chapter, and I'm still a little unsure which path I want her to take.

Right now I'm leaning towards Valkyrie since I made her a Bishop in my first playthrough (and Valks are one of my favorite classes). Valk gets her swords, and while her strength is good she's super frail if hit. The biggest boon is definitely the horse to allow her to go in and out for both healing and damage, so she can keep out of danger.

Bishop DOES get Dark Magic though, which is still boosted by Slayer on monsters. Since we're making Nino Druid, we will be getting at least one more Dark user though. Technically Eirika once she promotes as well, so I'm not too concerned about it.

I'm thinking Valkyrie as well, shame on that super squishy defence..

(Also, wait did FE Green predict Heroes giving Eirika Gleipnir? Fuck me that's a funny one)

3BgzDA4.png

Not wanting to be outdone, Eirika gets the kill and gets a terrific level for it, getting all of strength, magic AND defense! She's finally starting to be a little less frail, and if she can get a few more of these before 30 she'll be pretty great on promotion once she gets magic access.

Eirika getting strength.

It's more likely than you'd think.

She also had more green hair, if the flashbacks are anything to go by. Clearly this is why he thought she might have stooped to such lows; the grief of losing green hair would be too much for anyone to bare.

Would it explain Nergal then?

Also it's bear there, not bare.

qG71NtZ.pngwaM0VPO.pngajaaQmf.pngk9yyjoD.png

I do wonder if they got along at all before that incident, or if they always knew that Valter was a loose cannon and it was only a matter of time. He must have acted at least half way decently at one point to have been given the rank he did by the normal Vigarde.

Actually he only got the rank as one of the generals by the undead Vigarde. He had a rank before that but had been cast out of the army after massacring a village, which is linked to that time he took a lance that was cursed and which helped to drive him mad and vindictive.

He actually has the lance in Heroes, but we don't see it in SS. Did he break it?

On 20/4/2019 at 7:31 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Do you have what his stats were? I'm curious.

Xqhzevu9 o

Doesn't look that bad, does he? Well, here's the thing: he pulled through a bit at the very end. The rest of the game, he was pure garbage and couldn't do anything at all. Then you compare him to the Eirika I had in that run...

Wb5iddfl o

Or the Eirika I had in my latest run (15% increased enemy growths), which I finished just a few days ago:

V34obmk6 o

Yeah... I tend to get lucky with my Eirikas, don't I.

I should add support for them for bonuses, not like either can support many characters anyways.

Please do.

Heroes

Well, you seem to be doing better than me. The only character I ever got that I really liked was Lyon, and I had to buy that one off the Grand Hero store (pretty sure that's what it is, anyway). Other than that, I got a thousand ninjas and characters I couldn't care less about.

Also, I stopped having fun real fast, so I'm happy that you aren't having a similar experience.

I hope everyone missed Pablo while we were on Ephraim's route, cause I sure didn't!

If nothing else, he's being more effective here than he was in the original. Though, to be fair, he more often than not survives the original, because just standing around in Aias's chapter is a terrible idea.

Lyn's kind of fun. Definitely comes very underleveled, but her growths and bases are all pretty solid, she's got a good number of support options, and of course she comes with Luna and a decent prf in Mani Katti. She's also force deployed for one chapter a little bit later, so I'll probably be giving her some levels throughout the next few chapters. If you do end up using her, she becomes an offensive monster and can be quite the dodge tank too, but her low defense and unimpressive res will always keep her rather frail. She does also come with one star to her name, which is always helpful as well. Unfortunately, she doesn't get branched promotion in this game and can only promote to Blade Lord and get bows, though it does come with +15% crit in this game as well.

Sounds like a fair deal. Unrelated thought, maybe I should play FE7 again one of these days. I haven't played it in years.

Blue hair. Just saying.

Anyway, bard. That's all there is to say, really.

Oh, hey. This fellow. He's from Thracia. I think that's about all there is to him. At least he has green hair.

JkE643X.pngGPOAFt4.png

nSYts8S.pngiGteHiH.png

Yes. For some reason, Bryton can become a Maelduin.

I'm going to guess the unbelievable stats are there to compensate for the fact that this makes no sense and doesn't fit his portrait or looks at all.

Qo2g1zG.png

Now that was out of character.

Ah, Gerik. Probably my favourite Mercenary in the series. He's just... different. He's like, this middle ground between more serious guys like Ogma and Raven, and carefree lads like Forde or Sain (well, Sain minus the womanizing). And then there's his whole story with Saleh, which is all sorts of great. I really like him. Plus, I really like his palette and both his sprites. Plus plus, actual green hair!

Yet another character I really like from FE8. Honestly, there are few characters from FE8's cast that I don't think much of (looking at you, Lute...). In this game, he looks to be pretty similar to what he is in FE8: a serviceable, if unremarkable, prepromote. Also, he's got enough green hair all over his head that he could probably share some with the ones who don't have any and are in this game for no reason at all.

gOiqjru.png

Some HP would be nice, all I really need is for her to be able to survive after recruiting Ilios later on

Ah, yes, good old Pink Fernand. 'Twould be a shame if he were lost to us.

xqCOevs.png

My hatred for Sothe continues.

He's got as much strength as speed now. How? How does he do it?

6DQ7QCu.png

Sigh. At least his speed is capped.

Yes, this is just as I remember him: no strength, but great speed. Though, mine traded a lot of that skill for a lot more defense.

85j9bl0.png

Well I dun screwed up the kill shot. Maybe Sothe spared him and let him escape.

Or was too slow to prevent the Knight from drawing a flashbang and using it on him.

feC2fKl.png

Sweet! Bors continues to not disappoint and I'm so happy to have him and his glorious chin and stache hair back.

He's, like, the world's best Knight. All around great stats.

roCgMmh.png

...21 Speed. One higher. I feel like I'm gonna need to retitle this thread to "Damn it Sothe!".

Ahahah... every FE thread should be named "Damn it, X!". We all got that one unit...

o89f8Rh.pngqwJf2TH.png

*Rage intensifies*

Pffft... He's so tired of all this. He already babied the Dawn Brigade, he doesn't want to baby this brigade too.

OHiwBee.pngWy9uBuw.png

I...think she's capped her strength! Fine level for Nils too, who I keep forgetting to give any magic.

What's with this game's clerics and being buff?

Also, with 5 magic, what's the point of giving Nils anything?

jo0fTP5.png6hs6sKk.pngEk7lKUd.pngFfOh70C.png

Grommell's usual spiel as he annoyingly Eclipses Nils the whole time. I do like the red MK magic effect though, don't get to see it often since enemy Mage Knights are rather rare I believe.

This guy again? Why are they always mages? It's not even a bolt axe meme, since he isn't even using thunder here!

As for the Mage Knights, I'm pretty certain the only time they're ever seen on the enemy side in vanilla FE8 (aside from Selena, of course) is in Last Hope. If you warp on top of Riev, there's a high chance you won't ever see any in the entire game.

xNaqLkW.pngc3ylAwF.png

Raigh finally gets to see a little bit of action and finishes a General for me.

And that's all he did today. Poor guy.

SwSgtL4.png

Well, Nils got his 5% strength growth before his 10% movement growth, and I'm not quite sure how that makes me feel.

"Nils caps strength before he caps level", anyone?

MEr2DAf.pngo2GxR8l.png

Man, this game really just doesn't like Sothe, eh?

X20od0O.png

So basically, the dark Bishop glitch is canon in FEGreen? Nifty.

I don't have any preferences here. Go with whatever you feel suits you best.

Glen

Man, Glen. Such a waste of a character. The other generals are all such great characters... what happened here? He gets the same amount of screentime as the FE6 Generals! Well, those not named Narcian, anyway. And he doesn't even do anything with his limited screentime. Like, Orson gets a similar amount, but his story manages to be amazing even with such few scenes.

What does Glen have going for him, exactly? He's nothing more than a mixture of his fellow generals Duessel and Selena. All he does is show how much of a scumbag Valter is by dying to him, and guess what, Selena does the exact same thing in Ephraim's route, except she doesn't need to die for it. He also questions the Emperor, something Duessel does better, and doubts his own loyalty, which both Selena and Duessel do in more interesting and developed ways.

I love FE8's story, but I won't deny it has its issues, and Glen is a very jarring one. He's there to expedite Cormag's recruitment and story, but only in Eirika's route. Now that's sad. At least Selena did things in her own route, even if she, too, completely disappeared if you went with Eirika.

Next chapter shouldn't be too bad, a few hard parts but mostly it's a good chapter for experience and kind of a calm before the storm of Chapter 13.

Sounds like chapter 13's gonna be fun. Looking forward to it already!

• 2 weeks later...

So I just checked out this thread today. When did this hack get English patched (by dialogue I mean)? Currently playing it myself, I never knew an English dialogue patch existed. I skimmed the thread so maybe you explain how you have it.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:37 AM, Syndixel said:

So I just checked out this thread today. When did this hack get English patched (by dialogue I mean)? Currently playing it myself, I never knew an English dialogue patch existed. I skimmed the thread so maybe you explain how you have it.

Right now there's only a menu patch made by Tequila publicly available. Any story translation you see here is likely made by UG11, and even then he directly translates only new dialogues unique to Midori itself.

I think that's how it is, UG can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by ShadowYoshi
Wrong number kek

3 hours ago, ShadowYoshi said:

Right now there's only a menu patch made by Tequila publicly available. Any story translation you see here is likely made by UG13, and even then he directly translates only new dialogues unique to Midori itself.

I see. I was hoping for an English translation so I was a bit hasty in assuming UG11 made one. 

Edited by Syndixel

Well, finally found time to stop back in, looking good, though your Cecilia just stands to remind me that THIS is all she got in Cipher. For those of you who don't play Cipher, she's B.A.D. Pretty much everything else was great, though, you gave me at least seven good laughs today, nice job!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't mind this yet! I'm working on the update and I guess I accidentally hit enter somewhere and it posted mid progress on me (my browser's been weird tonight too). Not gonna delete cause I don't wanna lose it, but the full update should be in the next day or two cause I'm not finishing the write up tonight.

EDIT: Full update is in my next post further below!

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

Honestly, I didn't bother with Karin. You already have Vanessa and Elincia if you need a flier and they turn out way better.

• 2 weeks later...

Well a day or two turned into a week since I didn't finish before going out of town, but despite that delay, here's the update!

On 4/20/2019 at 6:31 AM, Dayni said:

Lyn being an Est in this game is a bit odd when you think about it.

It really is. Like with many others, she's the first character I ever used in an FE game since I started with 7, so her joining late and being an Est is just kinda bizarre.

Double dancing's a thing in FE Green.

Whoa. You're not using him why then?

I'll be using him a tiny bit, and I should probably use both, I just have all the slots filled with people I wanna use more! Sure, I could totally abuse double dancing to some capacity I'm sure, but it's not something I necessarily care to do.

It's not like Great Knight's all that bad, but why does Maelduin have these promo gains? Those are amazing. If you happen to need a spare slot I'd wonder if he could work from just getting a promotion immediately.

If only I could promote at 10 and not have a 20 minimum promo level. There is the tower though...

Impossible image #5434: Rennac having feelings for those who aren't Rennac.

Yeah as Ruben pointed out, that was probably a bit too out of character.

I'm always debating how green his hair actually is, I feel like he's got kind of straw coloured hair and it messes with me a bit.

At least it's more than some certain people in this hack can say...

Why's he forced on 13?

Not 13, but 15 is where you have forced deployment due to the routes re-joining. The chapter's very weird though, because you can have Eirika and Ephraim talkif you want and effectively restart the chapter (respawning all enemies, but you can't get doubles of desert items). You then get to pick your units and have em all start at Eirika's location, but lose the NPC allies you had. If you really want to, you can basically play it twice for the xp, and extra items from enemy drops.

I guess Flexing to the Afterlife is the next exorcise exercise craze.

No skill ring either. ?

You actually can't steal the stat rings, even though most of the Grommel's come with one, so we'll get one of each of the rings in due time.

Also, why Grommel? He wasn't exceptional in PoR (Barring forcing a reset when I took him below half HP with Haar and watched as Haar died horribly)

He's a meme of some sort I guess maybe?

Is it worth giving him a speedwings?

(Probably not this late on but still.)

I did it in my last playthrough, but that was during chapter 10 Eirika and it was enough to nab me the Vantage manual.

I'm thinking Valkyrie as well, shame on that super squishy defence..

(Also, wait did FE Green predict Heroes giving Eirika Gleipnir? Fuck me that's a funny one)

Makes me wanna get mage Eirika and make a GBA horse team of her, LA Rachel, Cecilia and someone else.

Would it explain Nergal then?

Also it's bear there, not bare.

I feel like I should have known or caught that. Thank you for pointing that out though! Always feel free to correct me on grammar or call out typos and such.

He actually has the lance in Heroes, but we don't see it in SS. Did he break it?

Didn't Valter used to be really good in heroes early on too?

On 4/23/2019 at 4:44 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Xqhzevu9 o

Doesn't look that bad, does he? Well, here's the thing: he pulled through a bit at the very end. The rest of the game, he was pure garbage and couldn't do anything at all. Then you compare him to the Eirika I had in that run...

I'll believe it, I've had a few units do that myself. It's also why I usually don't drop people often cause I like to keep up hope they might turn around at some point. Though on my very first FE6 HM run I killed off a speed screwed Alan (had 12 speed a few levels into promotion), mostly so that I could give the Roy B support he had to Cecilia and I trained her instead.

Wb5iddfl o

Or the Eirika I had in my latest run (15% increased enemy growths), which I finished just a few days ago:

V34obmk6 o

Yeah... I tend to get lucky with my Eirikas, don't I.

That defense! Man that's a good Eirika!

Please do.

I just keep forgetting to do it. Should maybe throw something for Wolt in too, he could use a bonus...

Well, you seem to be doing better than me. The only character I ever got that I really liked was Lyon, and I had to buy that one off the Grand Hero store (pretty sure that's what it is, anyway). Other than that, I got a thousand ninjas and characters I couldn't care less about.

I guess at least you start with a Raigh, but he's unfortunately really bad. Yeah for the most part my luck's been pretty good, except for not getting Sue, but getting all the Lughs helped, I just wish his art/voice were more fitting. Can't get Pent off the current thing either. Now I just want them to give Raigh a weapon refine to start doing something with him.

Sounds like a fair deal. Unrelated thought, maybe I should play FE7 again one of these days. I haven't played it in years.

I should too! I'd probably do a class or recruitment randomizer to it though. I've also never played HHM.

I'm going to guess the unbelievable stats are there to compensate for the fact that this makes no sense and doesn't fit his portrait or looks at all.

It really doesn't at all. Maybe the creator really likes Maelduin or something...

Now that was out of character.

Yeah...you're probably right.

Ah, Gerik. Probably my favourite Mercenary in the series. He's just... different. He's like, this middle ground between more serious guys like Ogma and Raven, and carefree lads like Forde or Sain (well, Sain minus the womanizing). And then there's his whole story with Saleh, which is all sorts of great. I really like him. Plus, I really like his palette and both his sprites. Plus plus, actual green hair!

Yet another character I really like from FE8. Honestly, there are few characters from FE8's cast that I don't think much of (looking at you, Lute...). In this game, he looks to be pretty similar to what he is in FE8: a serviceable, if unremarkable, prepromote. Also, he's got enough green hair all over his head that he could probably share some with the ones who don't have any and are in this game for no reason at all.

I really need to give 8's cast more credit and play it again someday, there's a lot of good stuff in there. Interesting that you don't like Lute as most people I feel like her, but I think I can understand it.

Yes, this is just as I remember him: no strength, but great speed. Though, mine traded a lot of that skill for a lot more defense.

Or was too slow to prevent the Knight from drawing a flashbang and using it on him.

That knight's just off in the world somewhere now, maybe plotting revenge, or just buddying up with Rennac or something.

What's with this game's clerics and being buff?

Yeah come to think of it all three of her, Cecilia and LA Rachel all get really good strength. That's just...strange. I'm pretty sure Elincia has a really good strength growth too, for all that she'd count.

This guy again? Why are they always mages? It's not even a bolt axe meme, since he isn't even using thunder here!

Well we've got a few more Grommel's to go, so we'll just have to wait and see what they are.

As for the Mage Knights, I'm pretty certain the only time they're ever seen on the enemy side in vanilla FE8 (aside from Selena, of course) is in Last Hope. If you warp on top of Riev, there's a high chance you won't ever see any in the entire game.

Is there not one in Chapter 17 in the base game? Pretty sure this hack has one there on that chapter.

"Nils caps strength before he caps level", anyone?

Oh I wish...

Man, this game really just doesn't like Sothe, eh?

Neither do I at the moment, and I even used him in PoR to prep for eventually playing RD!

So basically, the dark Bishop glitch is canon in FEGreen? Nifty.

To be fair, when this is the FE with Riev, I feel like it's the best time to make it a thing (not like this hack gave him any dark magic as a boss though...)

Man, Glen. Such a waste of a character. The other generals are all such great characters... what happened here? He gets the same amount of screentime as the FE6 Generals! Well, those not named Narcian, anyway. And he doesn't even do anything with his limited screentime. Like, Orson gets a similar amount, but his story manages to be amazing even with such few scenes.

What does Glen have going for him, exactly? He's nothing more than a mixture of his fellow generals Duessel and Selena. All he does is show how much of a scumbag Valter is by dying to him, and guess what, Selena does the exact same thing in Ephraim's route, except she doesn't need to die for it. He also questions the Emperor, something Duessel does better, and doubts his own loyalty, which both Selena and Duessel do in more interesting and developed ways.

You bring up a lot of good points. Out of curiosity, what would you do to change him for the better?

I love FE8's story, but I won't deny it has its issues, and Glen is a very jarring one. He's there to expedite Cormag's recruitment and story, but only in Eirika's route. Now that's sad. At least Selena did things in her own route, even if she, too, completely disappeared if you went with Eirika.

Haha, oh Cormag! Guess who we don't get to recruit in this hack? Guess who still shows up next chapter?

Sounds like chapter 13's gonna be fun. Looking forward to it already!

I both am and am not at the same time. I love a few things the chapter does, but I've never gotten through it without resetting, and I doubt this'll be the first time.

On 5/21/2019 at 3:26 PM, Syndixel said:

Honestly, I didn't bother with Karin. You already have Vanessa and Elincia if you need a flier and they turn out way better.

Welcome! And sorry to disappoint about there not being an actual full translation, as ShadowYoshi said, I'm mostly writing in the Midori-unique scenes myself with sometimes minor translating, and otherwise I'm just either copying in SS text, copying it out of SS directly (with portrait/name replacements) or just writing on my own stuff.

With Karin, I'm really just trying to get her a tiny bit more survivability so she can recruit someone later. I did use her a lot in my first playthrough though, and she was very handy as a dodge tank and healer, along with doing some respectable damage sometimes with a Slim Lance due to Critical.

Glad to see some more people playing the hack though, do tell on how your playthrough is going!

On 5/2/2019 at 8:30 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Well, finally found time to stop back in, looking good, though your Cecilia just stands to remind me that THIS is all she got in Cipher. For those of you who don't play Cipher, she's B.A.D. Pretty much everything else was great, though, you gave me at least seven good laughs today, nice job!

Thank you! Glad to be entertaining and happy to see you responding again! I should look into how Cipher works more one of these days.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:58 PM, ShadowYoshi said:

Right now there's only a menu patch made by Tequila publicly available. Any story translation you see here is likely made by UG11, and even then he directly translates only new dialogues unique to Midori itself.

Pretty much correct, and thank you again for answering some questions in my far too long absences! Though the word "translates" is...generous. I'll throw a google translate to get a rough idea sometimes, but then I usually just try to write something up that I think fits it or works better for the Midori-unique scenes, and obviously for the entirely original ones.

And now, on to 12 Eirika! It's not the most exciting chapter, but we've got a handy share of promotions to come!

Spoiler

0JBHGzX.pngKidQl3M.png7QNbzIz.pngipUa0Mg.png

8UurgUf.pngWlmB8Xd.pngh3rcOtu.pngY9ZcezS.png

Pssh, please, Eirika's not even on a mountain tile or anything.

O8RZWAx.png8YMkXlZ.pngxjpgyMn.pngnLCgZh1.png

Oh no! Shadowy figures are approaching!

bE4KreU.pngtqV10VZ.pngcQaeUAf.pngGgB3lia.png

SmDAF0O.pngHXtdS3d.png

Not much original dialogue this time around, so let's take a look at the menu and our new person!

9ZASrvH.pngQBWiaaF.pnghRvr5z9.png

Growths: HP 80%, Str 50%, Mag 25%, Skl 40%, Spd 50%, Def 10%, Luck 30%, Mov 3%

Supports: Lyn, Guy

So this hack gets to have both Rangers and Nomadic Troopers I guess why is Oscar a Ranger????????????????

So I kind of just look at Rath as a slightly worse Eirika Route Oscar. He comes with similar stats and mostly similar growths, boasting a slightly higher base offense and a little more dodging for a much worse defense, and practically no growth in it. He joins a bit later than Oscar does too. However, he'll still be pretty useful for a few chapters before I likely drop him, though if one wants to use him his growths and bases are definitely serviceable, especially since horses are so good in this game. He does make me ask where any of the rest of the Elibe Nomads are like Sue/Shin/Dayan though. Especially while Oscar's a Ranger and could have been a cav instead of like...Sain or something.

In addition to our new character, we've got a promotion to do!

KmioN9D.png

Not going to make her a Bishop, but there's her palette, and let's take a look at the stats it gives:

GNDdn5M.png

Fairly solid promo gains, especially the +5 in defense and +7 in HP, but let's look at where we're actually going now, to Valkyrie!

FrXMRXo.png

m4t2d1N.png

So Valkyrie gives more strength and magic, but less speed, defense and HP, all things she does actually need to survive. Still, horses are great and she can move around a lot more to safety now. I also just really like Valkyries, so I'm looking forward to using her more.

EGWl57o.pngUJ3Iulq.png

Oh, so I guess with how I hacked Fee in she's still in the menu. We're just gonna pretend she doesn't exist for now. I also have to put up with the danged in-house store prices for Flux. Though I just had the thought, doesn't at least FE6 HM take away the in-house vendor? Does FE8 HM do the same thing normally?

J3lZ39c.pngqRHS9Js.pngQMIC4mc.pnguXsxdn9.png

Just getting ready for some promotions coming up here. Let's hope these last few levels are good! Now let's take a look at our map:

LzTCRxV.png 

As far as I know this is pretty much just the SS map, nothing really special here.

Well, let's get started here!

j0tIqlj.png

Pretty simply first turn just moving everyone up. This'll be a bit slow as I get all the xp I can out of this in preparation, but there's at least plenty of levels to come!

SBWm9Nl.pngec9nt6X.pngf8zcBFX.pngc0ovLPW.png

Well at least Wolt knows how to crit still.

DpHIIwZ.png

Unfortunately, his levels refuse to cooperate much with me. It's been so long since he's gotten speed, it's like he's emulating Sothe!

HLHJ7iF.png0rK9COY.png

Raigh can finally take part in combat again! Gets a pretty decent level to show for it too!

EO0MsYe.pngNLEFjvU.pngaUuXLEp.png5X6YOeB.png

Lotsin isn't happy with missing a giant spider, so he makes up for it nicely. Nils and Safy can get some nice xp too just by healing/playing as we trudge through here.

k4tv1j0.pngiJBnVpm.png

So I'm just gonna have Karin pick away at this guy and retreat for a while, she's getting 20+ xp per attack so hopefully she'll at least get a few HP or something.

lL9huz0.pngk2cDuk1.png

I'm so glad to have Pugi back and all repaired now too.

NnAp8kq.png

Woo! Finally getting some of that defense again. I'll be sad if he doesn't cap skill though.

133wa1j.pngRfhy72h.pngOUCLYBY.pngCpRu0P2.png

Good thing all of these guys I'm feeding xp have good survivability.

cDODwYJ.png2Hgsq8x.png4IM34xA.pnglc6dhcz.png1jKgu54.png

I'm loving some of these weird cut off shots.

YzbYux9.pnge5U4pm3.pngrmBnuhZ.pngzhGKNyY.png

Is it weird that the first thing that came to mind to describe that monster's attack was spin dashing?

Ms8X2BC.pngYD5Set4.pngU5eCpTk.pnguRSSoEK.png

kijpbUe.png1rZrgJh.pngyvDoXwd.png

Good thing these monster dogs biting someone's face off don't do much damage.

yvDoXwd.pnghKX8EHP.pnghKX8EHP.png

Part of me wonders why I'm really bothering on Karin, but it won't hurt.

295YgMU.pngagpg4F5.pnggUaKjNK.pngOMHZyLA.png

He's getting so close to promotion!

B7wL6s8.png9UFUQB2.pngyDdFOqk.pngHtemup9.png

LHfM1VO.pngfQbN5Dh.pngBwJ3IOq.pngkvcJmik.png

You know, with how Eirika was almost falling over in the intro, I'm glad there's no random hit/dodge penalties here or units randomly falling prone or something. Though I'm now picturing Knights having fallen over and needing Life Alert to get back up.

abN1hwW.png1tm3P35.pngRNkXeFo.png38yuMOB.png

The misses unfortunately make things take even longer going forward.

xezN2tD.pngUHUEPOh.pngQ7DODlJ.png

Case in point. Also, the Fiendcleaver is dang heavy if Lotsin's getting doubled wielding it. Granted, these guys have like 20 AS so I guess it makes sense. Just wait till we fight the promoted versions! AS in the 30s sounds fun right?

xFEloCq.png4jRSaX4.pngPoHDSCF.pngEV77mUV.png

lAlLJE9.png

Well...it's an okay level but it doesn't really help surviving...

HPGmlM8.pngPYOQiuH.pngh29fUwj.pngm1gFZaU.png

UmpksmH.pngsajLvUt.pngMImOchG.pngCNrrxYA.png

Yay, poison!

PmEjetj.png

And with that we've got Lotsin's last level! Let's look at his averages then:

HP +1, Str -2, Mag +0, Skl +3, Spd +0 (capped), Luck -2, Def -3, Mov +0

Unfortunately, kind of below average, except in skill which is nice. However, he's still been amazingly useful even if he's a little below his averages, which I like to think speaks to just how handy he can be. Next turn we'll take a look at that sweet Warrior promo.

c6llHC8.pngKtnSxPB.png

Speaking of averages, I know at least one person beating most of his!

Q6KIi3U.png

Not one to let any stat go unchecked for too long, Bors gets yet another solid level. His magic being in double digits only adds to his already great tankiness.

2vx3ZV0.pngGQG2JR6.png

I forgot about Wolt pointlessly proccing Cancel on things. You know, that skill he's gonna need more speed to proc more anyways...

c44cWYx.pngmJlgyPF.pngRXLl8kC.png

YKVfC7m.png

Eh? I mean, the speed is fine, I guess he can hit things slightly better if I ever use him to attack.

J97UV3f.pngbmsZcSg.png

Least he can help speed up Raigh's promo.

Zqix0V3.png

Well, I won't have to worry about his magic at least!

z90TI5B.pngo2ErVVy.pngyNk841u.pngqHjesWi.png

47RQJm3.pngXdBdqgA.pngJwEiVGM.png

And that's a slight waste of XP now. Oh well.

bod8WF8.pngwWS4jRS.pngO8GHtRL.pngSnR3xt1.png

Well with those taken care of, let's take a quick glance at Lotsin's promotion! He's going Warrior, but I'll show off Hero for comparison first.

6HDIW2p.pngZsg4z2W.png

Good bonuses, with a slightly weird +4 in magic, but let's take a look at where we're really going now.

mzKuePA.pngCwAqyzH.png

Even being below average, them stats are pretty dang good! Might change up his palette to match his hair or something at some point, but Orsin's one will do for now.

3rbGswK.pngAjfDab6.pngE5511Jw.png6kb9mRg.png

I still nearly always forget about Raigh's Vantage being a thing. He finishes the spider with ease and avoiding getting poisoned.

laiYYwa.pngoe7MlqW.pngmfsfu1z.pngacRMGZU.png

More XP dripping through, good thing most of these guys aren't really a threat.

YKYlRQv.pnglsejPTo.pngKc9LdBj.pngHvj7W31.pngKc9LdBj.png

Again, I feel like this really isn't worth the effort on Karin here, but at least Nils can get xp?

Q1CbAT5.png4YCsKsV.png2wei7f2.pngvw5axlq.png

D4XrpY1.pngXEJaT2y.png

While the zombies are no problem, this guy does double Raigh. Only for three damage each of course.

BCz1Pw1.png

I'll always take more defense, and his skill's holding up very nicely too!

sdtfEmw.pnghzkZMQl.pngNK1I6Lh.png

Karin defies my expectations! And hits for that juicy three damage.

2YRQbge.png

Well the HP and I guess luck might help a little? This is probably really not gonna help anything.

GsRgKde.pngwVFQwqj.png

Wolt's really deciding to be the odd man out and just be...kinda bad now. How long has it been since he's gotten speed? 35% isn't THAT bad!

s8vVQE2.pngqzYJctc.pnggAnGs4A.pngTM78DxK.png

Just ever so slowly moving on up the mountain. I'd like to get Lyn and Eirika some xp, maybe even Dozla and Rath, but I'm focusing on my promotions mostly out of need.

XomJPyH.pngHTiZQYU.png

Some much needed speed and HP,  good job Safy. I should start working on her Light magic here soon...and maybe swords if there's ever time for that.

ekdXbn0.pngO9KTFdu.png0hM7FXh.pngiw1DjaD.png

Raigh should be next in line, hopefully not too much longer for his promotion here. I can't wait for him to get some more tomes too, though a Nosferatu is a long ways off, especially since it'd be lovely on him with Vantage. That does remind me, I had a Luna going into next chapter last time I did it on hard mode (from the ch7 shop). Not so much this time, and I'm a little scared to be without it.

kS0jF89.pngEtW7dcB.png

Boy howdy, are those reinforcements I see!? This is pretty much the most exciting part of this map.

kSRhchb.pngXLsmLHT.pngpZxChAW.png

Mostly just getting people in position here, to still try and feed all the kills I can to Raigh, Bors and Wolt.

eFQqdcQ.pngZ7vSVMO.pngjy9RSYJ.pngSrAg31W.pnggzX824G.png

Ah back to the old Vantage crits to gots us a Horseslayer. Get 'em Raigh!

CG2XdPj.pngWawpkBI.png

At least the poison is getting Safy some xp. Am I the only one who just purposefully lets people stay poisoned to get more heals in?

slfdUSC.png

Oh Bors, you never cease to make me happy with your levels. It's like he just can't let any one of his stats (except move) go too long without a level. Oh, his speed is capped now I believe, so there's that.

Ux120nC.pngBFPqMMV.pngC1RgiyN.png

Nice to know Dozla can dodge some. 

isIL6mR.pngm0GqCHo.pngCyqQ8cO.png

It's okay Bors, nothing you could do outside of dying would upset me much.

Ttn720x.pngJMbGMLC.pngf5DqDC9.pngokucxOQ.png

Finally time for Lyn to see a little bit of rather dangerous action.

9SM7FKu.pngHg8Fk8m.pngiLu4Se1.png

I am fairly glad the hack added more monster slaying weapons, very nice on chapters like these and more towards endgame.

ofLVW21.pngKyB8gxa.pngCzHd1BL.pngby1qz3l.png

ynkpuBe.pngnOb8ZPx.png4lQ6UQ2.png

After all this dodging, it's time for Lotsin to get in on the action himself!

Tit1aQ4.pngGpB8I65.pngKlxkHvq.pngttYX3RV.png

And he starts us off right! With Raigh following suit.

wA99A6v.png0DiZBAI.png

Eh, that could have been better. Still, can't complain too much on Raigh. One more level to go!

ftwt8v8.pngv173NbY.pngpSn7MQa.pnguO2dfNI.png

Rath finally gets to do something and decides to join the fun for what little use he'll get this chapter.

KKeIk3V.pngygA1pS2.pngmBuLgAr.png

Good enough for Nils, already at 19 speed!

th0c5HG.pngwWqbuaC.pngBPVfMqL.pnguG2ZJun.png

After seeing that Revenant's sick dodge moves, Raigh decides to become a Summoner so he can summon cool undead things too.

FahVBeq.pngErh2oBd.png8eXS3JH.png

Would you believe me if I told you HP is the one stat Bors is actually behind in?

e243MPA.pngriRuRnY.pngvu3hKkv.png

jvzdnLo.pngevNEnzR.pnghzJBZYa.png

Getting very close to 30 for Raigh here. In addition, that skeleton up there won't move.

MuPjozT.pngoxNy5pf.pngbmjTybt.pngJXKETIe.png

i1tzgmo.png

And with that we've hit Raigh's cap! So let's check out how he's doing:

HP +0, Str +1, Mag +2, Skl +2, Spd -1, Luck +0, Def +2, Mov +0

So he's not quite as blessed in offensive stats as Lugh, but still fairly solid pluses throughout. I can take a -1 in speed if it means all those other stats are above. Now in addition to being a great magic nuke, he'll get both healing and summoner utility, which I'm not used to using at all since I haven't used a Summoner probably since I played SS maybe 10-12 years ago?

Let's first take a look at Druid though just to compare like we've been doing:

3keSbv9.pngBx4MOiT.png

I'm gonna miss that defense +3...but let's see what Summoner gets us now!

eIfuUJB.pngmt16f8E.png

Pretty much only magic gets a higher boost, but I guess the phantom utility should really make up for it. Also, that's the palette he came with for Summoner, I think they didn't bother making a new one and just slapped his druid one on it...

oCJmB9d.png

Well, that's my attempt at fixing the hair for now. I mostly copied the same green tones for hair that Lugh's palette uses. With the Summoner palette though, hair color and part of the robe are linked to the same color, if they weren't I would have changed that. The Summoner sprite also just really isn't my favorite, but alas.

ywn9Qsj.pngFLZvzrw.pngm6G5205.png

Well those are the stats for now on one of Raigh's Phantoms. I can't remember, did Ewan and Knoll's have any statistical differences from each other?

BUgl70S.png

Also, did Phantoms always fly?

frBoyX2.pngOmizoqz.png

Poor Phantom and your 2 AS. Should I start keeping a Phantom death count?

jFgyROh.pngF7OaqQh.pngyP6zOg7.png

GTo9baq.png26UzVdC.pnguRtiudF.png

Raigh can also finally start getting in on the healing xp too, and I wanna get his staff rank up as fast as possible. Definitely shouldn't be too hard for him to level more with both healing and phantoms.

p6pGFTR.pngje3x3qH.pngwdsPEuA.png

P068TtH.pngKcORteo.pnghCYAR6Y.pngfG6zV21.png

I'm REALLY happy about Bors' great resistance too.

TTYm1vc.png

Can't complain at all, and one more level to go!

lVKtI1I.pngpVwApvq.pngOpUF7ij.pngeKnNAPh.png

Would you all believe me if I said Bors hadn't been part of my main team in my first playthrough? He ended up promoting, but barely got any use after that.

t2aQyGg.pngy5PwKId.pngSsAUNk5.png

Villages gots us a Barrier and a Fellguard! While normally not too impressive, with the mag/res combination in this game this Staff becomes ever so useful, and still retains its 15 uses! The Fellguard meanwhile, reduces monster damage by half, which will be greatly handy in some later monster levels. The halving doesn't display on the battle calculations, but it does indeed happen.

JDELhmb.pngJAJpOE0.pngMh1bMSn.png

RIP Phantom 2, you tried your best.

kUNxClC.pngs0ZJxea.png1UdnMfk.pngi4StiWn.png

Bors you're so close to promoting, stop these misses now!

z0OwgLY.png1WSQkCQ.png

Lyn finally gets a nice chance to get in on the action. You know, I wonder how bored some of the army gets while you're feeding a few people the kills. Especially when you consider younger characters, especially late joiners like Nino. Maybe they just think they're getting the newbies quickly used to how war works?

PElJiwr.png

Her strength is actually kind of absurd, granted Eirika's was early on and we've seen how that's stopped.

TP50HSr.png514RuZq.pngbalRbAH.png

g5RhyXj.png8xQ0vBG.png

Only a few more attacks now!

zesxhTg.png

We get some more of these reinforcements, but it's nothing we can't handle!

b8pUDor.pngFtlIcFa.png

It's not like the kill will actually get him much more xp, if any more at all, then just attacking.

OHXHKrp.png

Meanwhile, Nils gets a fantastic level, trying to be as useful as he can. 20 speed already though is really nice! I'm pretty sure he's got more survivability than Karin at this point.

qKAAO7n.pnghVBbd1g.pngjBz5MJB.pngQzL58ov.png

Argh! Seriously, he needed to hit that to hit 30!

buHjh2y.pngPQ6zLIv.png

Hahaha, yes! Great level to end it on! Now let's check out those averages:

HP -1, Str +3, Mag +1, Skl +1, Spd +3, Luck +1, Def +1, Mov +0

It doesn't seem like as much when you type it out like that, but man, he's + in everything except move and HP, and +3 strength and speed is just excellent! This promotion is gonna be fuuuuun.

QjLWnWq.png

Phantom 3 doesn't notice all the excitement, he only notices enemies, and goes off dutifully to combat the threat.

IfaBR7m.png

It's time! As we've been doing though, I'll demonstrate the option we aren't going first.

C2ksYxz.pngEpcvbTD.png

Some fairly good bonuses, and that +4 move would be so handy, but alas, General's also going to be a blast. I like the blue horse on his palette though, I must say.

DIVCV1N.pngS9JKd5a.png

There we go! He noticeably gets a lot more magic and skill, a little more speed, but less defense and obviously less move. Honestly, the magic and speed boost is probably better for his tankiness than the 2 extra defense in the long run.

ttqfoIU.png

Oh, and in case you didn't know, General's get Bows in this game too!

ry7VX3x.pngXZo5rCW.png0UpwwYk.pngUP9gN5O.png

Before we can show off Bors though, Lyn gets in for just a little more xp.

iebxpEP.png

Now that's a more typical Lyn level. Still, not bad by any means.

GtVr9Mg.pngOcOxviF.pngKctmUFF.pngmODqQCi.png

Oh my! Phantom 3, you dodged something! He even got to hit back! I'm so...

tg4LZeO.png

Oh Phantom 3, it just wasn't meant to be, was it? Still, he made more contributions than the other two, and he shall not be forgotten!

KWbWpVd.pnglQkobG3.pngmw5Muj0.png0reQ648.png

Well, Safy finally gets in on the fighting for a very good level! Definitely glad she's catching up a little on speed for now.

6inB55v.pngBs1UcCh.png

That Summoner attack sprite on the map is just huge, reminds me of Nergal's.

RE8JlM0.png

Very nice first Summoner level for Raigh! Can't wait to get Nosferatu and Luna on him...

Bk4RiQm.pngNOwQywl.png8Af7PbO.png

dDjUxxM.pngZ4KV7q0.png

Wolt's still got a little ways to go, so unfortunately he won't be promoting this chapter.

Kg4v1Pz.png

Sigh...dang it Wolt! It's not a bad level, but seriously, speed! More strength would be nice too...

M6IvTgh.pngbLWMEbc.pngmywtrvi.pngKj0ynPZ.pngHNp2xhz.png

Now that's a fun animation! Looking forward to seeing the crit animation again.

7dLo1LZ.png6SOR33J.pngHQe7UVu.png

XOXcHha.pngOm8OFSz.pnglYgDHdW.png

Mopping up the last few Gargoyles here, almost done with the chapter!

RkWGPy2.pngo0cCLqk.pngnsxRnHe.png

Eirika finally gets in a tiny bit of action too! I should stop neglecting her so much.

za6iVcD.pngNDHvHKA.pngVEL5KFc.pngP2YCmne.png

I could chip away this guy for xp, but at this point I was just feeling lazy. Maybe it's just Wolt has discouraged me so much already.

sOKNhtn.png

Oh right, random enemy who won't move.

moAHN6y.pngYLxUXYp.png

I mean, at least he got strength? Boss also dropped the Halberd he had.

WWxiEsj.pngbrdPVwe.pngK73wpX4.png

Even with a crit, it's not quite enough to down this guy, but...

L2lo92l.png

Not the greatest, but at least she can use the magic post promotion.

gI8X7kd.pngODuKZ0E.pngMYf2VFp.pngDVfz567.png

Wow, Phantom 4 did even better than Phantom 3, dodging twice in a row! Clearly this is a good trend.

gV0jzK2.pngc10lz6N.pngQ12VrQw.pngEsK8Hti.png

May as well get Safy a little sword experience, though I'm probably not gonna end up getting her too high if I'm being realistic.

zrQhoDg.pngIhn4QgM.png3RSdka1.pngAKfVXQP.pngVcnuxVW.png

Phantom 4, carrying on Phantom 3's brave crusade against the monsters, nobly sacrifices himself to put a small dent in the Entombed over here. Also, since they're fliers, Phantom's kind of glitch and look like they can canto after death, but once you move them they just disappear.

QdAAS9S.png

This shop, thankfully, has much more affordable prices than the in-house one, so we pick up a few things here.

fEYUs8h.png

Phantom 5 however, proves much inferior to his former brethren and can't even hit the dang thing.

qcqMApZ.pngbOacB67.pnglbrjdIL.png

The Entombed also doesn't move, thankfully, so these two start going to work.

Bdc7bfN.pngsm6h3Jf.png

The strength at least slightly makes me feel better, but gosh dang it Wolt get some speed!

fsGTK0R.png

Meanwhile, Phantom 6 is responsible for another nice level for Raigh, his magic's just skyrocketing at this point.

0HW4JYi.png

And with that, Wolt finishes the level off for us, and I guess that means Phantom 6 gets to live!

DX5TIIi.png8ZrLc85.pngBcMAV3a.pngsJ1dKw2.png

mB6eZRU.png94mw3O4.pngUwMEZDS.pngpXn88PM.png

SfktBKj.pngdsB6YzL.pngbWg1lem.png

You know, I just remembered Saleh DOES exist in this hack, he still shows up in dialogue way back in Chapter 5 or wherever it was, so I guess he's still wandering around looking for Myrrh. Whole war is gonna pass and he'll still be looking.

CIXi4C3.png1MsHzyI.pngrckWlOI.pngiBnjNVs.png

Oh, so now Sothe wants to move fast, does he?

jEW2KKO.pngmBmBnDY.pngMAdkBJU.pngy9AmoKW.png

It's like...Eirika route goes out of its way to make Eirika look bad here.

5ckr6J0.pngV5UhhS5.pngzQFdo7C.pngz0VWLmN.png

EEWb4Lt.png6nbTc7y.pngSABFJfU.pngiPxOcKj.png

And now she's so quick to interrupt the story...

UfeDtAa.pngAccw6R5.pngzkAmJ4W.pngxwv5vef.pngzxwvkju.png

At least it's not an evil dragon in this game I guess?

lQzx0CY.pngLSc1QVL.pngt611llT.png49uLVHc.png

o0ysBhv.pngtGGLyW2.pngLPUy39q.png7FQMK8R.png

Only people with green hair get to know everything, and neither of you two fully count. Y'know, Dara's got a green clothes and maybe her hair used to be green. Clearly she should be playable too.

oVkwNmK.pngp0jMBf4.pnggPiaCqI.pngvC6VzZB.png

YLpfnNo.pngoLLJWBY.png8KSEaPI.pngO5AQjy4.png

cOvGpqH.pngx7ZMaw4.pngjvW9mTi.png39MJilA.png

Maybe Saleh ended up getting thrown to another dimension with no green hair in it.

flOTO06.pngnWhPrP1.pngJvptfAv.pngPIsSK3Z.pngAnRJucI.png

It's like Lyn is wishing Eirika would just stop talking. This chapter isn't very kind to her, is it?

M4SgHv5.pngVeuRXwh.png9OfOxbe.pngp1TjOtA.png

1TKpxjf.pngEAOzxzP.pngUxLsOFQ.png8QT4jaS.png

Until she "walked" right out of camp and was noticed "walking" away by a guard.

BjR0Fht.pngh2ymzAG.png

BiW8tzq.pngm1YBRpk.png0Khzsko.pngm43XlPf.png

EeWsNeR.pngBRtknH4.png

And with that, we have our chapter! Sorry for not much in the way of original dialogue this time, but there will definitely be more to come. Chapter 13 may take a bit (though hopefully not a month this time), but it'll really depend on how many attempts the chapter takes me, as I've never gotten through it without a reset. Might do a partial update if I do fail, so we'll see how it goes once I start playing it shortly! 

As usual, thank you so much for the patience as I very slowly crank out some chapters. As I've said, things are kind of crazy busy and I'm going through a lot personally at the moment, but I'm by no means abandoning this, so don't worry if I'm taking a bit longer. Looking forward to the replies as usual and hoping you're all doing well!

Caused a reset:

Lance - 2

Eirika - 1

Danved and Devdan Crits:

Danved - 2

Devdan - 2

On 5/31/2019 at 5:42 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Interesting that you don't like Lute as most people I feel like her, but I think I can understand it.

I just don't like arrogant little dipshits that think they're better than everybody else. I do like her more than the likes of Clarine, though.

Is there not one in Chapter 17 in the base game? Pretty sure this hack has one there on that chapter.

Nope, none to be seen there. Riev's Mage Knights are the only ones that appear in the game.

You bring up a lot of good points. Out of curiosity, what would you do to change him for the better?

Hmmm...

Well, for starters, his death and the framing of Eirika are essential for Cormag's character, so it's inexcusable that it doesn't happen in Ephraim's route. Cormag just sort of joins because Duessel in that route. While we're at it, Caellach killing Ismaire also should've happened in both routes, since it's such a huge part of Joshua's character, but I suppose that would've been awkward to make happen in Ephraim's route, since he only goes to Jehana to save Eirika. Same goes for Selena taking Myrrh's dragonstone and Camus'ing on her.

That being said, I think Glen's death would be easy to do in both routes. In Eirika's route, she was accused of murdering all the people in Port Kiris, but Glen spared her because he met her once and couldn't believe she would do something like that. Afterwards, Valter catches up to him, they argue and Valter murders Glen.

In Ephraim's route, you could say Eph was accused of killing everyone in Bethroen. Glen finds him at sea after Phantom Ship, and questions him like he questions Eirika. Instead of Innes (who obviously isn't there), it's Myrrh that defends Ephraim, speaking of how he saved her when she was captured and how he's a good man despite his rash, reckless demeanor. Glen sees in Ephraim a man of great honor, and begins to doubt that he would mindlessly murder the people of Bethroen like he was told, so he lets him go. However, after the ship leaves, Valter flies up to Glen. They argue a bit like they do in Eirika's route, and then, Valter kills Glen over the misty sea.

And there you go. Now Glen doesn't just vanish in Ephraim's route, and Cormag's character arc doesn't depend on you going with Eirika. The only problem is that Cormag joins in Turning Traitor in Ephraim's route. Sadly, I'm afraid for this to work, Cormag's recruitment in Ephraim's route would have to be moved. He appears in Aias's chapter in Eirika's route, so I think Selena's chapter would be a reasonable place to put him in Ephraim's. He'd appear in the form of reinforcements, like he does in Eirika's route.

This fixes one of his problems (and also one of Cormag's problems), but not the fact that he only exists to get killed by Valter. That problem would be trickier to fix. More screentime would definitely be in order, and he would probably need to get a different personality from "basically just Duessel lite". Perhaps he could be more of a rash guy, outspoken and reckless. Openly defiant of the King. He already pretty clearly hated Valter, make him complain very directly to the King, forcing Cormag to try to hold him back, establishing him as the more cool-headed brother (which, in turn, makes the moment when he completely loses his marbles after seeing his brother's dead body more impactful). Maybe you could even do something interesting and have him be the one to attack Valter after the latter provokes him, but his rashness gets him killed, and Valter seizes the opportunity to bamboozle Cormag.

...Jeez, I wrote a full-on bible here. But that's the thing, man, you need a bible to fix Glen. Poor guy.

Sooo instead of a great Sage, you get yet another one of these. Eh. Lukewaaaarm.

FrXMRXo.png

m4t2d1N.png

So Valkyrie gives more strength and magic, but less speed, defense and HP, all things she does actually need to survive. Still, horses are great and she can move around a lot more to safety now. I also just really like Valkyries, so I'm looking forward to using her more

I like her Valk palette. Also she's Safiya now.

Though I just had the thought, doesn't at least FE6 HM take away the in-house vendor? Does FE8 HM do the same thing normally?

FE6 does do that, but FE8 doesn't. FE7 has no in-house vendor. GBAFE is fickle like that.

lL9huz0.pngk2cDuk1.png

I'm so glad to have Pugi back and all repaired now too.

NnAp8kq.png

Woo! Finally getting some of that defense again. I'll be sad if he doesn't cap skill though

Bhuj Doin' good, Lotsin. He traded a bunch of defense for the green hair, but oh well.

yvDoXwd.pnghKX8EHP.pnghKX8EHP.png

Part of me wonders why I'm really bothering on Karin, but it won't hurt.

My thoughts exactly as I play through Thracia.

PmEjetj.png

Unfortunately, kind of below average, except in skill which is nice. However, he's still been amazingly useful even if he's a little below his averages, which I like to think speaks to just how handy he can be. Next turn we'll take a look at that sweet Warrior promo.

Ah, well. Not as amazing as I thought he'd be, but still, pretty good.

6HDIW2p.pngZsg4z2W.png

Good bonuses, with a slightly weird +4 in magic, but let's take a look at where we're really going now.

mzKuePA.pngCwAqyzH.png

Even being below average, them stats are pretty dang good! Might change up his palette to match his hair or something at some point, but Orsin's one will do for now.

I like how, in this game, the Warrior gains are just plain better thanks to that +1 defense over +1 HP. In the original, Warrior had among the worst gains in the game.

GsRgKde.pngwVFQwqj.png

Wolt's really deciding to be the odd man out and just be...kinda bad now. How long has it been since he's gotten speed? 35% isn't THAT bad!

He's looking to be your worst unit, what the heck happened?

slfdUSC.png

Oh Bors, you never cease to make me happy with your levels. It's like he just can't let any one of his stats (except move) go too long without a level. Oh, his speed is capped now I believe, so there's that.

His low move is only there to prevent him from breaking the game as badly as Seth, Dagdar, Marcus, Palla and Titania combined.

th0c5HG.pngwWqbuaC.pngBPVfMqL.pnguG2ZJun.png

After seeing that Revenant's sick dodge moves, Raigh decides to become a Summoner so he can summon cool undead things too.

Hahahahahah Summoners in a nutshel. Except joke's on 'em, summons have no animations!

i1tzgmo.png

So he's not quite as blessed in offensive stats as Lugh, but still fairly solid pluses throughout. I can take a -1 in speed if it means all those other stats are above. Now in addition to being a great magic nuke, he'll get both healing and summoner utility, which I'm not used to using at all since I haven't used a Summoner probably since I played SS maybe 10-12 years ago?

Let's first take a look at Druid though just to compare like we've been doing:

3keSbv9.pngBx4MOiT.png

eIfuUJB.pngmt16f8E.png

Pretty much only magic gets a higher boost, but I guess the phantom utility should really make up for it. Also, that's the palette he came with for Summoner, I think they didn't bother making a new one and just slapped his druid one on it...

oCJmB9d.png

Well, that's my attempt at fixing the hair for now. I mostly copied the same green tones for hair that Lugh's palette uses. With the Summoner palette though, hair color and part of the robe are linked to the same color, if they weren't I would have changed that. The Summoner sprite also just really isn't my favorite, but alas.

Man, his magic. It's through the roof! Just as I remember it from all my old FE6 runs where he always capped magic. I may or may not have rigged some of those levels. I really liked abusing savestates a few years ago. Now I like pain.

Aaaaanyway, good job on the palette. I'd just say that his darker green shade could stand to be a wee bit darker, but other than that, it's a solid palette.

m6G5205.png

Well those are the stats for now on one of Raigh's Phantoms. I can't remember, did Ewan and Knoll's have any statistical differences from each other?

Yes, Knoll's summons were speedier and (ironically enough) way luckier, so they were better since they could dodge more reliably, unlike Ewan's which just had... more strength? What's even the point of that?

That being said, even Ewan's summons were useful for baiting. Any summon is useful, really. In my 15% increased enemy growths run, they were how I beat Orson, basically.

P068TtH.pngKcORteo.pnghCYAR6Y.pngfG6zV21.png

I'm REALLY happy about Bors' great resistance too.

Yeah, he's got to be the most resistant General I've seen.

t2aQyGg.pngy5PwKId.pngSsAUNk5.png

Villages gots us a Barrier and a Fellguard! While normally not too impressive, with the mag/res combination in this game this Staff becomes ever so useful, and still retains its 15 uses! The Fellguard meanwhile, reduces monster damage by half, which will be greatly handy in some later monster levels. The halving doesn't display on the battle calculations, but it does indeed happen.

That's oddly specific. Gonna guess this game'll throw some nasty monsters your way later on.

Now let's check out those averages:

It doesn't seem like as much when you type it out like that, but man, he's + in everything except move and HP, and +3 strength and speed is just excellent! This promotion is gonna be fuuuuun.

Holy shit +3 speed. He was the "speedy" general in the original, too.

C2ksYxz.pngEpcvbTD.png

Some fairly good bonuses, and that +4 move would be so handy, but alas, General's also going to be a blast. I like the blue horse on his palette though, I must say.

DIVCV1N.pngS9JKd5a.png

There we go! He noticeably gets a lot more magic and skill, a little more speed, but less defense and obviously less move. Honestly, the magic and speed boost is probably better for his tankiness than the 2 extra defense in the long run.

ttqfoIU.png

DS styled Generals? Don't mind that! I dig the 8 move on Great Knights (kinda baffled by the fact that he gets more defense out of that promotion), too, but General's really the only way to go. Those animations are too good to pass up on.

OcOxviF.pngKctmUFF.pngmODqQCi.png

Oh my! Phantom 3, you dodged something! He even got to hit back! I'm so...

tg4LZeO.png

Oh Phantom 3, it just wasn't meant to be, was it?

Phantoms.txt

6inB55v.pngBs1UcCh.png

That Summoner attack sprite on the map is just huge, reminds me of Nergal's.

They're just a block of clothes. That's what I love about their animations. That, and the oh-so-satisfying crit animation.

fsGTK0R.png

Meanwhile, Phantom 6 is responsible for another nice level for Raigh, his magic's just skyrocketing at this point.

What is the cap, again?

You know, I just remembered Saleh DOES exist in this hack, he still shows up in dialogue way back in Chapter 5 or wherever it was, so I guess he's still wandering around looking for Myrrh. Whole war is gonna pass and he'll still be looking.

Hahah, oh, poor guy.

Only people with green hair get to know everything, and neither of you two fully count. Y'know, Dara's got a green clothes and maybe her hair used to be green. Clearly she should be playable too.

Good point. Hack 'er in when we next find somebody without green hair.

Chapter 13 may take a bit (though hopefully not a month this time), but it'll really depend on how many attempts the chapter takes me, as I've never gotten through it without a reset. Might do a partial update if I do fail, so we'll see how it goes once I start playing it shortly! 

Go ahead and do that. As always, looking forward to the next update!

On 5/31/2019 at 4:42 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Makes me wanna get mage Eirika and make a GBA horse team of her, LA Rachel, Cecilia and someone else.

Clarine?

Didn't Valter used to be really good in heroes early on too?

Early.... early on? I'm still using him for clears as part of one of my older regular teams!

nLCgZh1.png

Oh no! Shadowy figures are approaching!

Ah, nega-Rath! And everyone else I guess.

Also, Shadowy text is approaching and I can't read anything!

Growths: HP 80%, Str 50%, Mag 25%, Skl 40%, Spd 50%, Def 10%, Luck 30%, Mov 3%

Supports: Lyn, Guy

So this hack gets to have both Rangers and Nomadic Troopers I guess why is Oscar a Ranger????????????????

So I kind of just look at Rath as a slightly worse Eirika Route Oscar. He comes with similar stats and mostly similar growths, boasting a slightly higher base offense and a little more dodging for a much worse defense, and practically no growth in it. He joins a bit later than Oscar does too. However, he'll still be pretty useful for a few chapters before I likely drop him, though if one wants to use him his growths and bases are definitely serviceable, especially since horses are so good in this game. He does make me ask where any of the rest of the Elibe Nomads are like Sue/Shin/Dayan though. Especially while Oscar's a Ranger and could have been a cav instead of like...Sain or something.

I mean, he has some decent parameters but that defence is an understandable turn off.

As for where they are, he's trying to find out. I'd hope.

EGWl57o.pngUJ3Iulq.png

Oh, so I guess with how I hacked Fee in she's still in the menu. We're just gonna pretend she doesn't exist for now. I also have to put up with the danged in-house store prices for Flux. Though I just had the thought, doesn't at least FE6 HM take away the in-house vendor? Does FE8 HM do the same thing normally?

Wait, is she on both routes?

1jKgu54.png

I'm loving some of these weird cut off shots.

It's like a peek behind the curtain of the white screen.

And with that it's something we're not supposed to see.

You know, with how Eirika was almost falling over in the intro, I'm glad there's no random hit/dodge penalties here or units randomly falling prone or something. Though I'm now picturing Knights having fallen over and needing Life Alert to get back up.

Knight Alert: When you've fallen down and can't get up because you're a chunk of armour.

PmEjetj.png

Strength and Defence could do with a top-up.

6HDIW2p.pngZsg4z2W.png

Magic swords? ?

mzKuePA.pngCwAqyzH.png

Guess not, with the res buff being the same.

It's 1 less HP for 1 more def though, seems like a mixed bag of a trade (if not much of one)

wVFQwqj.png

This is BB for you all over again.

i1tzgmo.png

I mean, he's slightly speed screwed.

It's all good otherwise though.

3keSbv9.pngBx4MOiT.png

The bulk increase would be nice, but I guess not.

eIfuUJB.pngmt16f8E.png

Three stats are lower.

But I guess Phantoms.

He's really got utility now if you can get his staff rank going.

They have differing growths actually, so the higher level the summoner the more you notice the difference.

Honestly though Ewan's ended up being worse than Knoll's, who was outdone by L:yon.

BUgl70S.png

Also, did Phantoms always fly?

Yep.

SsAUNk5.png

Did this come out before PoR?

That's neat if it was first to the guarding against damage item.

buHjh2y.pngPQ6zLIv.png

Hahaha, yes! Great level to end it on! Now let's check out those averages:

He's got combat!

That's so unlike him. ?

C2ksYxz.pngEpcvbTD.png

+4 Def too, that's neat as well.

DIVCV1N.pngS9JKd5a.png

Armours having Res.

This will only end badly. For them.

ttqfoIU.png

Ooof.

SD never convinced me archer armours were a good idea.

VcnuxVW.png

Phantom 4, carrying on Phantom 3's brave crusade against the monsters, nobly sacrifices himself to put a small dent in the Entombed over here. Also, since they're fliers, Phantom's kind of glitch and look like they can canto after death, but once you move them they just disappear.

I'm more surprised that they were treated as having canto.

Is Myrrh playable?

Maybe he found her already and they took cover.

mBmBnDY.pngMAdkBJU.pngy9AmoKW.png

It's like...Eirika route goes out of its way to make Eirika look bad here.

Sothe: Man I wish I was back with the Dawn Brigade.

That would be a difficult thing for him to say considering how those chapters are.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just quickly checking in to let you know it may be a bit longer before the next update, though I have started the next chapter.

In addition to just being super busy with work, I've also been struggling with both some physical and mental health stuff lately that's been taking a toll on me, and it's been hard to get much work done right now. I hope you guys will remain patient for me, as I still plan to see this thing through, I just feel bad that things are taking longer and longer as I'm just...not in the best place right now.

Ya'll are still great and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of this once I can take care of myself a bit more.

Don't worry man, just focus on taking care of yourself. Your health is more important than keeping up with the playthrough.

Criminally, I haven’t read this until now. I binged the whole thing in a few hours, and am looking forward to more whenever you feel up to it! 

On 7/19/2019 at 2:29 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Hey guys, just quickly checking in to let you know it may be a bit longer before the next update, though I have started the next chapter.

In addition to just being super busy with work, I've also been struggling with both some physical and mental health stuff lately that's been taking a toll on me, and it's been hard to get much work done right now. I hope you guys will remain patient for me, as I still plan to see this thing through, I just feel bad that things are taking longer and longer as I'm just...not in the best place right now.

Ya'll are still great and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of this once I can take care of myself a bit more.

Don't worry, your well-being comes first. Just come back whenever you feel you're ready!

• 1 month later...

Alrighty, so 13 Eirika time, a time much feared by me!

So I'm probably not quite to the point of being able to do any sort of "regular" updates again yet, but vacation recently gave me a good bit of time and I wanted to progress on this at least a littlebit. I'm hoping I'll be able to do at least one more update relatively soonish, but no promises.

EDIT: Turns out this'll be a partial update as I don't have time tonight to finish it, so I'll post the rest here in a few days, probably over the weekend! It'll still probably be a while for the update after that one, but again, I'll do what I can.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:46 AM, Syndixel said:

Well, I wanted to post my whole team here, but the PNGs go over the total size. Here's my Ephraim route team on ImgBB: https://syndixel.imgbb.com/
Since I'm running out of time tonight, I'll go back and comment on those when I post the second half of this update.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:58 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope, none to be seen there. Riev's Mage Knights are the only ones that appear in the game.

I'm always a little sad to see a class go unused by enemies, like Wyvern Knights. I also wish there were more random female enemies sprinkled in, especially since in some cases they have some small statistical differences.

Well, for starters, his death and the framing of Eirika are essential for Cormag's character, so it's inexcusable that it doesn't happen in Ephraim's route. Cormag just sort of joins because Duessel in that route. While we're at it, Caellach killing Ismaire also should've happened in both routes, since it's such a huge part of Joshua's character, but I suppose that would've been awkward to make happen in Ephraim's route, since he only goes to Jehana to save Eirika. Same goes for Selena taking Myrrh's dragonstone and Camus'ing on her.

That being said, I think Glen's death would be easy to do in both routes. In Eirika's route, she was accused of murdering all the people in Port Kiris, but Glen spared her because he met her once and couldn't believe she would do something like that. Afterwards, Valter catches up to him, they argue and Valter murders Glen.

In Ephraim's route, you could say Eph was accused of killing everyone in Bethroen. Glen finds him at sea after Phantom Ship, and questions him like he questions Eirika. Instead of Innes (who obviously isn't there), it's Myrrh that defends Ephraim, speaking of how he saved her when she was captured and how he's a good man despite his rash, reckless demeanor. Glen sees in Ephraim a man of great honor, and begins to doubt that he would mindlessly murder the people of Bethroen like he was told, so he lets him go. However, after the ship leaves, Valter flies up to Glen. They argue a bit like they do in Eirika's route, and then, Valter kills Glen over the misty sea.

And there you go. Now Glen doesn't just vanish in Ephraim's route, and Cormag's character arc doesn't depend on you going with Eirika. The only problem is that Cormag joins in Turning Traitor in Ephraim's route. Sadly, I'm afraid for this to work, Cormag's recruitment in Ephraim's route would have to be moved. He appears in Aias's chapter in Eirika's route, so I think Selena's chapter would be a reasonable place to put him in Ephraim's. He'd appear in the form of reinforcements, like he does in Eirika's route.

This fixes one of his problems (and also one of Cormag's problems), but not the fact that he only exists to get killed by Valter. That problem would be trickier to fix. More screentime would definitely be in order, and he would probably need to get a different personality from "basically just Duessel lite". Perhaps he could be more of a rash guy, outspoken and reckless. Openly defiant of the King. He already pretty clearly hated Valter, make him complain very directly to the King, forcing Cormag to try to hold him back, establishing him as the more cool-headed brother (which, in turn, makes the moment when he completely loses his marbles after seeing his brother's dead body more impactful). Maybe you could even do something interesting and have him be the one to attack Valter after the latter provokes him, but his rashness gets him killed, and Valter seizes the opportunity to bamboozle Cormag.

...Jeez, I wrote a full-on bible here. But that's the thing, man, you need a bible to fix Glen. Poor guy.

I do like some of your ideas for fixing him there, good stuff!

FE6 does do that, but FE8 doesn't. FE7 has no in-house vendor. GBAFE is fickle like that.

That's weird.

Bhuj Doin' good, Lotsin. He traded a bunch of defense for the green hair, but oh well.

Even when he's a little RNG screwed he's still super good!

My thoughts exactly as I play through Thracia.

I need to play that someday too.

I like how, in this game, the Warrior gains are just plain better thanks to that +1 defense over +1 HP. In the original, Warrior had among the worst gains in the game.

I'm always happy when promo gains are big and noticeable, I like that about 6 too, even though I know in that game mechanically it's literally just the base stat differences between the base and promoted class being applied and not actually "bonuses" of any sort really.

He's looking to be your worst unit, what the heck happened?

So funny enough, I ended up pulling two Wolts when he got in heroes on the summer banner, the second one being + speed, and he's been very useful there, so maybe he just threw his good speed there for me instead.

Man, his magic. It's through the roof! Just as I remember it from all my old FE6 runs where he always capped magic. I may or may not have rigged some of those levels. I really liked abusing savestates a few years ago. Now I like pain.

I used to RNG abuse back on my old FE6 cartridge some playthroughs. Before I did that though, I'm pretty sure my first playthrough Lugh capped magic by endgame and had capped speed very early into promotion. I remember Raigh capping speed too, they both were absolutely fantastic for me.

Aaaaanyway, good job on the palette. I'd just say that his darker green shade could stand to be a wee bit darker, but other than that, it's a solid palette.

Thank you!

That's oddly specific. Gonna guess this game'll throw some nasty monsters your way later on.

Especially when the last few chapters are only monsters, I really wish I got more than one of these.

Phantoms.txt

They're just a block of clothes. That's what I love about their animations. That, and the oh-so-satisfying crit animation.

The crit's nice, it's just personally not my favorite animation. Also the hair is just...weird shaped.

What is the cap, again?

40 for Druid!

On 6/3/2019 at 5:00 AM, Dayni said:

Clarine?

I've still never pulled her. I think I might actually have everyone from FE6 but her and Valentine's Roy/Lilina, who have never been on anything while I played. I got everyone from the FE6 banner, and the Elibe summer banner.

Funny enough that I can get mage Eirika now for free though!

Ah, nega-Rath! And everyone else I guess.

Also, Shadowy text is approaching and I can't read anything!

I mean, he has some decent parameters but that defence is an understandable turn off.

Yeah, especially when compared him to Oscar.

As for where they are, he's trying to find out. I'd hope.

Wait, is she on both routes?

I think the way I hacked her in in the first place resulted in her always being available on the prep screen, so I can technically access her in both.

It's like a peek behind the curtain of the white screen.

And with that it's something we're not supposed to see.

Knight Alert: When you've fallen down and can't get up because you're a chunk of armour.

I'm sure it'd sell!

Strength and Defence could do with a top-up.

Magic swords? ?

I think there's only one Light Brand in the game in a chest in a late chapter, and I missed that chest in my first playthrough so I'm not actually positive. I think you get a Runesword later too?

Guess not, with the res buff being the same.

It's 1 less HP for 1 more def though, seems like a mixed bag of a trade (if not much of one)

This is BB for you all over again.

I mean, he's slightly speed screwed.

It's all good otherwise though.

Yeah I do wish his speed was higher...let's hope it grows some soon.

The bulk increase would be nice, but I guess not.

Three stats are lower.

But I guess Phantoms.

He's really got utility now if you can get his staff rank going.

That's definitely the plan, I really want both him and Lugh to get at least to Physic status before too long.

Armours having Res.

This will only end badly. For them.

Bors makes me happy. Very, very happy.

Ooof.

SD never convinced me archer armours were a good idea.

I'm more surprised that they were treated as having canto.

It really almost makes no sense, I wonder if it's just something that was applied to fliers as a whole and phantoms got thrown in on technicality.

Is Myrrh playable?

She's not. We do get a Manakete who uses her palette weirdly enough, but it's because Myrrh doesn't actually have a palette of her own and uses the "generic class" slot, so I understand why cause you really can't edit that slot.

Sothe: Man I wish I was back with the Dawn Brigade.

That would be a difficult thing for him to say considering how those chapters are.

I finally beat PoR, so I'll have to play RD soon here!

On 7/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

Criminally, I haven’t read this until now. I binged the whole thing in a few hours, and am looking forward to more whenever you feel up to it! 

Welcome, glad you've liked it so far and happy to have another reader/replier!

Spoiler

Y8HwJn0.pnglRT7CdG.pngw1yzfCB.pnglvvEPtU.pngQTRpKEd.pngl0N2GR9.png

I know Valter is twisted and all...but going to this level just really hits a new low, at least to me.

CI8EO6q.png5aiYZPz.pngmslDg1z.pngj9gq72d.pngDqWtbB1.png

With the way Valter's acting, you have to wonder if Cormag even had any suspicion that he'd done it, or if they're all just so used to Valter being this disturbing.

YaB05JC.png9GHQPy8.pngeDalsRW.pngnOc2Lw9.pngEuwkMGT.png3J8RLJP.png

It's a real shame Cormag doesn't have green hair.

AsrdFoS.pngiXhvvjP.png6e9AO94.pngpHLWb85.pngTXHHRPZ.pngCD9egP5.png

I dunno why, but Valter calling her "my girl" just made me picture all of these characters having a similar drama in some old sitcom or something.

7r8eLxM.pngADhGfvn.pngU74tai3.pngFW3W7Ga.png

That's because Klimt is the best, he transcends the need for green hair.

1zoXtQ6.pngGiT4V1K.pngDLGfdCE.png4CLXCwv.png

No Innes kind of means a little less text here, and I'm okay with that for now.

ubzvdBc.pngRqtYy8R.pngYMzh0da.pngn103wfD.pngdyTKI0G.png

We'll get back to them in a few updates here, which might be a while, but it'll be oh so fun when it happens. Right @ShadowYoshi?

R6AArQu.pngDg18YBn.png

I'm still not convinced Raigh ever actually gave the bracelet back, at least not the real one.

WRaVdh0.pngYsALld2.pngOvqawSI.png

I do appreciate the slight difference in our Innes replacement and when he joins, and how that changes the situation.

YRXPoXw.pngPhLnoY8.pngm6kgAPL.png7.04eKC2n.png

Ah yes, generic bossman friend #7, otherwise known as Aias. He actually has a bit more to him than most generic bosses, he just kinda looks the part. Not as badly as some people though, especially if you look back at FE6...

HIpbB9P.png4ykuUPE.pngMsdFhTt.pngj4P4cWG.pngJHb2eFm.pngzeyXUTf.png

To be fair Aias could probably easily beat Eirika right now, it's some other people in the army he'd have to worry about. Like The Chin. I hope to make it happen, but we'll see.

c88ArVr.pngeWHbdHU.pngHxbPZr4.pngf9cehmh.pngaxKno43.png7b5Fd7v.png

I halfway wonder if Joshua ever met Aias back in the ol' mercenary days.

5O61MMD.pngFdBndF9.pngiDV065w.png4Mpy9eo.pngrK9v3HB.pngzC36oMA.png

If I end up not doing as well as I want, Aias statement could still prove true!

NpMimjv.pngbt0esgv.png

However, before we start this battle, Eirika finds the time to travel all across the continent, not to find Ephraim, but to shop for a Luna tome! I dunno if I realized before that this shop actually still has it on the map, but hey I'll take it!

eX9QvNb.png

Don't worry about why I'm giving Safy our 1 sleep staff. Hopefully, it'll come very in handy.

Rwo9tjQ.png

This chapter's map is a much larger extension of the SS map, with Aias being waaaay at the bottom. Forts obviously mean reinforcements at least in some cases, and we know Pablo will show up somewhere at some point. Early Sniper and Rangers at the start will be hard to deal with, but thankfully, only one of em' has a bow.

WaRAodA.pngk45DJZK.pngWBzrXoR.pngIKHHSlc.png

Aias himself can be hard to deal with, but his trash speed makes fighting him with magic a lot easier, if you can reach him that is. His 4 leadership is a little troublesome too. I want the Master Seal, but that's gonna be tough and it honestly might not happen. I'll try though!

Also, according to the FE wiki, the English version actually had a typo of sorts in that Aias' description used "aid" instead of "aide", but this hack has it correct! A tiny little thing, but I approve.

aRzz0Y4.pngnY114Yf.pngGJDJ7tS.png

The units around him have some fun inventories. I'd love to steal that Sleep and the gem/Physic, but with the turn limit that'll be very difficult. I've done it before, but I'm not so confident in my ability to do it here.

Well, let's get started here eh?

3KBWTXC.pngP6czzFE.png

Lyn and Gerik head to the left side while I trust Bors to lead the expedition into the right zone.

pVaSEdy.pngQetS8c4.png

Well, we're not off to a good start here with no crit, almost guaranteeing the Sniper will live this turn.

LSTaqDV.pngIcWpzb4.png9dqO8ni.png

As Lotsin blurs his top half away, he doesn't crit the Knight. Also unfortunate.

SJrscHY.png6x2Uoeu.pngbZzYlrI.png

Thankfully, Dozla manages to kill the Archer! That at least takes away the ballista threat from him.

Jz4l6LQ.pngM7thK34.pngy2bz8no.pngh2tpXGf.png

Raigh finishes the Knight while we position everyone else around, especially with the Sniper still being a threat here. And with that we move to the first enemy phase.

WTCemdN.pngjvMsvlK.pngqUxQdGc.png

Fortunately, the small fry are absolutely no threat to Bors and his magnificent Chin.

zOQcSfF.pngxDrGV5D.pngDK5ZIKf.pngpaqMd7d.png

Thankfully, no crits happen here and Dozla does his job.

bVxeqWi.pngIQXLP3b.pnghBcUXox.png

After watching Wolt pointlessly proc Cancel for a while, Bors has decided pointless proccing is a suitable pastime.

cicr9pU.png5aWayv5.png0NAVl9i.pngY7Fc6cK.pnguObbeXv.png

Eirika decides to get in on the crit fun, with the Lancereaver coming quite in handy.

AFSpK3N.pngvXNCGT4.pngoYXyWHR.png

All good things must come to an end, however.

IIy5zPh.pngc0bHpsT.pngbWfvM00.pngH0B0tSg.png2yiMR5B.png

At least Lotsin has the speed to avoid the double, but he almost definitely can't handle the sword Rangers on his own. Bors however...he doesn't care.

5kS42Q1.png3EhEbvz.pngFHmoGVh.pngUFLMV4T.png

Yeah, very glad Dozla wasn't crit earlier. Thankfully, his HP is at least very high.

uRxoAkN.png

Hey, any more bulk on him is helpful.

IHj8fTa.pngSIojpWn.pnguAC55sc.png

If only Lotsin remembered how to crit. Still, I'll take not having it happen to me.

ijZqJxa.png

WOO! Lotsin, you and your absolutely natural green hair know how to make me happy.

65o74d2.pngzwyyxLS.png2GeiPEX.png

Oh! Right! Lotsin has Wrath! Very helpful at this time.

shoxLYP.png

Oh and the new speed helps him double too!

X6FQ6TV.png

Oh, so this shot is out of order, but Bors leveled somewhere during that combat, it might have been on the cav, and he wants again proves his wonder. Now that we're on my turn again, the Sniper needs to die.

qg1HDiQ.pngpRgIVdt.png9Qtd9sd.pngLBPtOCo.png

Aaaaaaagggghhh come on! Trying not to panic here, maybe I can get him surrounded.

EjQYEXz.pngTY4uUQE.pngdamU8oK.png

Unfortunately, no crit for Raigh, and we're now faced with 3 promoted enemies still alive.

QHpgAQF.pngGRCBt71.pngXVW0gJ5.png

Safy comes just short, so I try to have Wolt weaken him...to no avail.

OpWLhKh.png4gNJPCt.png3mMpdGi.pngx5tGufL.png

Goodness, thank you Rath and Safy. That was far too close and risky.

KHGFssW.png

Bleh. Still, you came in clutch, so I can't be too mad.

PVnCDtw.pngkQqzI4S.pngw8DJm1K.pngjHZ1oIf.png

With Nils' help, she's able to heal Lotsin and move to block the Sniper. Ballista Archer is still a problem though...

smi2mN8.pngtHYvxOB.pngAWpL6ye.pngMNDIzQw.png

Lance switches Raigh to his Flux so he won't get weighed down and doubled by the Sniper, while Dozla continues holding off the southern Soldiers.

PNWASsd.pngGfN6Dzc.pngqT3ufHY.png

Oh right, there were reinforcements over there after the first turn. Lyn's combat against them isn't so great though, especially on the forts, so she'll retreat. Eirika holds off her end successfully though.

cWqwQ2Z.pngoSdaD7n.png

We end in that formation, and of course the hurt Ranger goes off and retreats.

TPss8Uo.png9mIxJF2.pngiTDeYbB.pnglRT5isV.pnguuRPwTm.png

Lance was only here to support Bors and he probably won't even get the chance to be helpful with that. At least he's a meatshield I guess.

LQO12Wj.pngLTAofr2.pngwKyZs9J.png

Raigh thankfully survives, though that was far too close for comfort. This map is making me so nervous.

ay4eUar.pngwsSV2pB.pngK4RewOA.png

Well, we've got more reinforcements to deal with, and we'll try again successfully on the Sniper, who's finally dead.

ffo0A3d.png

I'll take more skill and speed on him. His speed has finally gone over his strength!

uaiWjSt.pngHp30gdW.pngVWEe5um.pngfXrHfi7.png

Lotsin gets another crit in, but Safy finally misses, which'll hurt a little.

xTix3X7.pngi43oedp.png

Nils trades an elixir to Dozla to heal up and then plays for Safy. Of note, Dozla's carrying two rings to help his combat out here.

VSt40WW.pngqlsUV2Z.png3jhIfyb.png

Man those forts are really annoying. I should have just blocked them earlier.

4DHPc1s.pngbm0y15F.pngyV98nvK.pngsdxC6s4.png

Thankfully Wolt's able to finish, and Raigh's gonna attempt to weaken (or kill) the merc.

4l9aaAt.pngSHBgInn.pngLe33DjW.pngC0zb2MT.png

Raigh does land one hit, and Lance and the others help rescue Nils away. Time for Rath to try...

LXJ5QOJ.png

Success! And now he can block a fort too. Time for enemy phase again.

9Xj9jDW.pngEQyNRHJ.pngbemmNhw.pngF0AiRhw.pngb28awaI.png

Sothe takes position up north, unfortunately not getting any xp, but I just need him for now.

e1FENjL.pngT2M3dJL.pngythAdU9.png

Sothe once again proving that he is NOT a speedy thief, not even dodging an axe.

cVdlsmn.pngVTDr5gC.png

Thankfully enemy phase is pretty short this time, and Lotsin can sneak in a little healing.

h0ci6HF.pngkC6k8VB.pngKyGnhGd.pngDS2Y0ri.png

I don't even know what Rath is doing in that last shot, is he trying to fuse with his horse?

5UX2Ljh.pngO6v6MRC.pngHSymF41.pngZcAARWj.png

Well I'm trying to get Lyn some xp here. She's not helping that much.

XvuM6eN.png67hQsnD.png

You tried to be useful Wolt. You tried. Also, I really miss the ballista animations from FE6...

TosyEJQ.pngm6WULJB.pngLwBrtDb.pngSpUlNJv.png

Rath at least finishes the fort Fighter.

3EgL57h.png

For a...rather underwhelming level.

UdUmfy1.pngoB2HIqS.pngBp53sHB.pngRgCfI87.png

Some much needed healing before enemy phase, and then ballista wars start. At least the Ranger is taking up a fort, maybe it'll block a reinforcement.

81TX4hk.png

Speaking of reinforcements...it's fun time.

mm4ePSS.pngbCUpYmT.pngVKOYE9I.pngBFJ98om.pnglas411v.png

So Pablo makes his return, and is going to be a real nuisance. Let's take a look shall we?

mSaUvgu.pngmc8LAwV.pngSxoAdyZ.png

Yeesh, those stats, and 2 more leadership stars! Purge is obviously the big problem here, and at the very least it'll weigh him down a bit, but still! The single Warrior's also got a Swordslayer, which could prove interesting.

Aw4lkP0.png0YFCmcL.png

Forts also keep spawning enemies, so the Ranger did end up taking one up. I'm fine with that. 10 turns to go now.

YS3rQtl.pngECNhKl3.png

Wolt actually manages to beat out the other ballista dude with two hits! Good start to the turn.

F6l9JAU.pngzf2gj2x.pngi3BI5Xu.pngYfX01k7.png

Sothe just rubbing it in that he can't dodge or hit anything. Oh Sothe, poor misguided Sothe...

YjidIPP.pngVIaZlLO.pngUPOaMsu.pngLaUJK2z.png

Slowly whittling this Fighter down...

1fsyBIq.pngfl8ZSy1.pngad7E2lp.pngFoGiC8w.pngyDqPBDW.png

Sigh. The non-promoted squad ain't doing too well. At least Lyn learned a little more about swords by constantly missing her opponent.

OILUkYg.pnggcyfwfV.pnglBGDdgj.pngYfTtydO.png

Raigh misses twice, so Safy has to step in and finish him off. Thankfully, she doesn't miss too.

JEO5jK8.pngj0wI3Jp.pngRHsRaq7.png

Raigh sadly gets a not good level up. Though with his smug grin, he still looks very pleased with himself.

iKGRZNL.png8zO0tvx.png

Karin takes the Barrier staff which we'll use here pretty soon. I've got a plan for Pablo there...

AfXyu7u.pngidLEahY.pngZ8Iksy5.png7H1dPya.png

We're gonna go through a lot of Pugi here, aren't we?

6vYdDdH.pngDp4REWL.pngkrf3CBC.pngxXaZ20C.png

Mostly ditto, but with a level this time!

W4gFPkA.png

Also not very impressive. Lotsin, don't do this now...

lAysHj6.pngzGxp1p7.pngStPDFsd.pngD5QYsfz.png

As everyone in the south starts moving up...we do get one actual pleasant surprise!

6rdHOfu.png

Friends! Recruitable characters! Meatshields!

iKhOVuW.pngQikbXY0.pngmXk0O2u.pngSx71GuT.pngRRX7cR3.pngheBFSMj.pngGCC1tM2.png

First off we have Ced and Asvel. We'll get to them in a minute.

HorNB3x.pngstvrG9A.pngiYJCSCk.pngyY3LAOb.pngqrd9yGE.png

Sain comes, and doesn't have to be actually talked to!

jObzjXj.pngQ5LaY9W.pngJX2SKhb.pngBAacj7c.png

Elincia joins us again too, and gets her signature weapon alongside re-recruiting herself!

StJptPL.pngtndsUhW.pngCSJ51m3.png

Oh yes, and Klimt is also here! With Staves!

9O6pbBM.png

The non-fliers move closer to us, and we come back to our turn.

RdHuPOZ.pngctqd46g.png

Amiti's pretty dang good, though she is weighed down by it a little bit for now. Why can Sothe use it? I have no idea. Sain also comes unequipped since I unequipped him back in chapter 10 pre-switch.

9fkBT58.pngArLNJwN.png

And lo and behold the man himself, Elder Klimt! And his terribly broken stats for this point in the game. Sure, his HP's kinda low, but dude has capped magic and luck. He does only come with Staves this chapter, and will use Berserk before switching to Silence. He's also not the best at picking useful targets for Berserk, but still! He'll show up in one more map later on as well.

Unluckily for us, his leadership stars don't get applied to our team 😞

I'm not gonna have time to finish this chapter's update tonight, but I'll wrap up with new character recruitment and write ups.

jJpHDDV.pngt32BhUY.pngVK62ptE.pngrGAeIzG.pngsiaGQTu.pngoFfpPHq.png

We...maybe could have handled it without them?

mpyA1jT.pngZliajHq.pngoXImpP8.pngP7oFVum.png3mIIR1C.png

And be prepared to (probably) lose most of the Frelians here too!

Nswg7mk.pngOvhOE5z.pngojd5mj0.pngNK2un2h.png

Finishing that talk recruits both him and Asvel, thankfully. Let's start with Ced.

MvQshcF.png0SdW0zL.pngDiGcYUf.pngzB7LzIi.png

Growths: HP 75%, Str 10%, Mag 75%, Skl 75%, Spd 80%, Luck 65%, Def 20%, Mov 1%

Supports: Fee (I didn't even have to add this), Eirika, Asvel, Bryton, Karin, Lyn

Ced is actually kind of wonderful. His bases aren't great, but are definitely workable for his level, and his growths are just absolutely fantastic. He also boasts good weapon levels in everything he can use, comes with a leadership star, and a healthy amount of support options available all on the same route minus Fee, who was on his support list even when she wasn't a playable character.

He, along with Dozla, Lyn, and a few others, is force deployed during the first version of Chapter 15 as well, so leveling him a little bit will also help there too. Honestly, Ced's probably a fantastic unit once you can get him some levels, his only real problem is his really mediocre bases compared to if you've been training Lugh/Raigh/Safy, but even on HM they're good enough to manage, and he has instant access to any form of staff utility and experience, and gives you a Light user (that isn't Cecilia) if you didn't train Safy or make Lugh or Nino get it. He also is the only character other than Ephraim to have Resolve, although early on he'll struggle to get into the range for it safely, but the skill is one of the best once you can.

So using Ced would probably be smart right? However, I'll be taking the much more dumb, risky and investment heavy option in his apprentice! Cause I apparently just want to suffer and it gives Nino an A support.

IOX5kw0.pngWJLBydM.png3IkOEpt.pngzSNY5L7.png

Growths: HP 55%, Str 15%, Mag 35%, Skl 55%, Spd 75%, Luck 35%, Def 20%, Mov 2%

Supports: Ced, Nino

And here we have Asvel, another Nino/Sophia/etc. type late joining mage. Growths wise, he's got even less magic than Lugh but a lot more speed, and comes with Adept to hopefully make some use of that speed. His magic's right at that growth where it's asking to be RNG screwed though, and while his skill is good too, it won't matter too much if his damage suffers from low magic. He's also got fairly low strength and bulk, so keeping him alive to give xp is a hassle.

Honestly, you have so many more better options than Asvel when you have the twins join super early, Safy not long after, Nino being a much better Est-ish character who joins earlier and can take healing to level, and even Ced in this very chapter.

However, as I've stated before, I'm giving him a go this run! I've never used him main game before, whereas at least Ced has seen supplemental use, and like I said he fits my support options and I just wanna give him a try. And y'know, torture myself in trying.

This probably won't be the chapter for him to get kills though.

So, one last play before I close out this update.

kASyLnI.png8knQkzm.png

Karin comes over and gives Ced the Barrier staff, while Asvel trades him the Magic Ring.

3E18FmY.pngGZce7b0.png

Ced then trades the ring to Safy, and promptly uses Barrier on her. You can probably see where I'm going with this.

M7OfRIc.png

That's fair, right?

igbezXM.png

However, she can't quite get where she needs to go without some help. Now for what will make or break the rest of this chapter:

wEvisje.pngoE6qjxq.png

I'm very...very happy that didn't miss. And that I was able to steal the one use of this thing way back then. I guess Sothe is good for at least something.

SgyuuP3.pngmK5cnR2.png

You deserve it Safy, well done!

And with that, I'm gonna call this update a wrap. I should be able to finish this write up in the next few days and you guys can see if I actually get through this on the first try. Stay tuned, and as usual thank you for the patience!

16 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

I've still never pulled her. I think I might actually have everyone from FE6 but her and Valentine's Roy/Lilina, who have never been on anything while I played. I got everyone from the FE6 banner, and the Elibe summer banner.

Funny enough that I can get mage Eirika now for free though!

That's impressive.

Those free 5* units were fine, I got a bunch of merges out of it.

I finally beat PoR, so I'll have to play RD soon here!

I finished RD since the last update.

I might think it's one of the best FEs now.

I might be crazy.

w1yzfCB.pnglvvEPtU.pngQTRpKEd.pngl0N2GR9.png

I know Valter is twisted and all...but going to this level just really hits a new low, at least to me.

I mean, it wouldn't be that low to bring his dead brother home.

If he hadn't been the killer and proceeded to lie about it.

Rwo9tjQ.png

This chapter's map is a much larger extension of the SS map, with Aias being waaaay at the bottom. Forts obviously mean reinforcements at least in some cases, and we know Pablo will show up somewhere at some point. Early Sniper and Rangers at the start will be hard to deal with, but thankfully, only one of em' has a bow.

That right there's a map in "prologue of Genealogy" territory.

ijZqJxa.png

WOO! Lotsin, you and your absolutely natural green hair know how to make me happy.

I feel like he needs a dance or something for this.

X6FQ6TV.png

Oh, so this shot is out of order, but Bors leveled somewhere during that combat, it might have been on the cav, and he wants again proves his wonder. Now that we're on my turn again, the Sniper needs to die.

Another great level.

The chin's back, eh?

AWpL6ye.pngMNDIzQw.png

Lance switches Raigh to his Flux so he won't get weighed down and doubled by the Sniper, while Dozla continues holding off the southern Soldiers.

Also flexing on them.

mSaUvgu.pngmc8LAwV.png

Yeesh, those stats, and 2 more leadership stars! Purge is obviously the big problem here, and at the very least it'll weigh him down a bit, but still!

Why should Pablo be this good?

iKhOVuW.pngQikbXY0.pngmXk0O2u.pngSx71GuT.pngRRX7cR3.pngheBFSMj.pngGCC1tM2.png

First off we have Ced and Asvel. We'll get to them in a minute.

HorNB3x.pngstvrG9A.pngiYJCSCk.pngyY3LAOb.pngqrd9yGE.png

Sain comes, and doesn't have to be actually talked to!

jObzjXj.pngQ5LaY9W.pngJX2SKhb.pngBAacj7c.png

Elincia joins us again too, and gets her signature weapon alongside re-recruiting herself!

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

RdHuPOZ.pngctqd46g.png

Amiti's pretty dang good, though she is weighed down by it a little bit for now. Why can Sothe use it? I have no idea. Sain also comes unequipped since I unequipped him back in chapter 10 pre-switch.

Still a good threshold for quadding.

9fkBT58.pngArLNJwN.png

And lo and behold the man himself, Elder Klimt! And his terribly broken stats for this point in the game. Sure, his HP's kinda low, but dude has capped magic and luck. He does only come with Staves this chapter, and will use Berserk before switching to Silence. He's also not the best at picking useful targets for Berserk, but still! He'll show up in one more map later on as well.

Unluckily for us, his leadership stars don't get applied to our team 😞

I'm not gonna have time to finish this chapter's update tonight, but I'll wrap up with new character recruitment and write ups.

He heard Pablo was talking more shit and decided he was done.

MvQshcF.png0SdW0zL.pngDiGcYUf.pngzB7LzIi.png

Growths: HP 75%, Str 10%, Mag 75%, Skl 75%, Spd 80%, Luck 65%, Def 20%, Mov 1%

Supports: Fee (I didn't even have to add this), Eirika, Asvel, Bryton, Karin, Lyn

Ced is actually kind of wonderful. His bases aren't great, but are definitely workable for his level, and his growths are just absolutely fantastic. He also boasts good weapon levels in everything he can use, comes with a leadership star, and a healthy amount of support options available all on the same route minus Fee, who was on his support list even when she wasn't a playable character.

He, along with Dozla, Lyn, and a few others, is force deployed during the first version of Chapter 15 as well, so leveling him a little bit will also help there too. Honestly, Ced's probably a fantastic unit once you can get him some levels, his only real problem is his really mediocre bases compared to if you've been training Lugh/Raigh/Safy, but even on HM they're good enough to manage, and he has instant access to any form of staff utility and experience, and gives you a Light user (that isn't Cecilia) if you didn't train Safy or make Lugh or Nino get it. He also is the only character other than Ephraim to have Resolve, although early on he'll struggle to get into the range for it safely, but the skill is one of the best once you can.

So using Ced would probably be smart right? However, I'll be taking the much more dumb, risky and investment heavy option in his apprentice! Cause I apparently just want to suffer and it gives Nino an A support.

I like him.

Where's Forseti though?

IOX5kw0.pngWJLBydM.png3IkOEpt.pngzSNY5L7.png

Growths: HP 55%, Str 15%, Mag 35%, Skl 55%, Spd 75%, Luck 35%, Def 20%, Mov 2%

Supports: Ced, Nino

And here we have Asvel, another Nino/Sophia/etc. type late joining mage. Growths wise, he's got even less magic than Lugh but a lot more speed, and comes with Adept to hopefully make some use of that speed. His magic's right at that growth where it's asking to be RNG screwed though, and while his skill is good too, it won't matter too much if his damage suffers from low magic. He's also got fairly low strength and bulk, so keeping him alive to give xp is a hassle.

Honestly, you have so many more better options than Asvel when you have the twins join super early, Safy not long after, Nino being a much better Est-ish character who joins earlier and can take healing to level, and even Ced in this very chapter.

However, as I've stated before, I'm giving him a go this run! I've never used him main game before, whereas at least Ced has seen supplemental use, and like I said he fits my support options and I just wanna give him a try. And y'know, torture myself in trying.

This probably won't be the chapter for him to get kills though.

I'll be honest, I kind of want to grind in this game just to get more chances to use these units.

Why does Asvel not get more supports?