HC Conquest: Ten Girls Campaign Chronicle

starburst

Given that I have only been using two or three males (Odin, Kaze or Silas) in my recent campaigns, I decided to try a girls-only run.
To spice things up, Camilla would be benched immediately after Chapter 10; and since I usually use foot classes, more cavalry would be used this time.

The chosen party was pretty vanilla:

· +Mag -Lck Corrinette (married to Odin), Noble until L5, then Dark Knight.
· Dark Knight Ophelia with Vantage and Dragon Fang.

· Great Knight Effie (married to Silas), re-classed as Cavalier right after marriage, with three level-ups as Sniper (A+ Mozu) for the skills.
· Great Knight Sophie.

· Sniper Mozu (married to Keaton), with three level-ups as Hero for the skills.
· Wolfssenger Velouria with Aptitude.

· Wyvern Lord Nina (Camilla's daughter), re-classed immediately as Wyvern Rider, with two level-ups as Malig Knight for the skills.
· Mechanist Anna, re-classed immediately as Apothecary.
· Strategist Elise, with two level-ups as Maid for the skills.
· The Voice's finalist Azura.

Ten girls only, all promoted at Level 20.
No 'backpacks', no Path Bonuses, no Internet, only the Awakening DLC will be played (seals and Pebbles will be discarded.)

Only suitors to main party girls can be deployed. Every other unit must be a girl (except forever-benched Camilla.)

Since I like to play as many chapters as possible with my main party, the Awakening DLC will be used right after Chapter 14 to grind support between Camilla and Niles, and Mozu and Keaton, so that their daughters are be available right away. Free items available in My Castle during the support grinding cannot be picked up.
Camilla will be forever benched, and her only Experience points would be those from Chapter 10.

(Nina could be 'unlocked' right after Chapter 10 with support grinding, yet I want her to be a Wyvern Rider immediately, and Mozu and Anna called dibs on the early Heart Seals. And since I do not want to play the Awakening map a dozen times [literally], Nina and Velouria have to be unlocked at the same time.)

I should have taken notes, sorry. From memory...

By Chapter 6, Corrinette was already L10.

Chapter 7
Effie started dating Silas and got to L9. Elise ended at L8 and Corrin, at L11.

Zombies Ate My Village
Units: Silas, Corrin, Effie and Elise.

I had to modify my strategy a bit so that Effie could make out with Silas and let Mozu got all the kills.
Mozu was an Archer by turn 4, and ended at Level 9. Effie ended at L10, C+ with Silas and C with Mozu.

Chapter 8
Units: Effie & Silas, Mozu, Elise and Corrin.

Visited all three southern houses by turn 4, then marched all around the map babysitting Odin and building supports.
Odin fell in love with Corrinette and ended at L8.
Effie got B with Silas and C+ with Mozu.
Elise ended at L10; Corrinete, at L12.

Chapter 9
Units: Effie & Silas, Corrin & Odin, Mozu, Elise... and Niles to open the chest.
Corrin & Odin got C+; Silas & Effie, B+.

Invaders I
Corrin & Odin got B; Effie & Silas, A.

Anna and the Inbreeds
After a few unsuccessful tries, I conceded and had to deploy Jakob and Arthur as pair-ups. On my defence, my party was still very short, and they did not land a single hit, but provided the girls with bonuses. It was more tricky than difficult.
Anna was immediately re-classed into an Apothecary.
Corrin & Odin got B+; Effie & Silas, A+.
Jakob and Athur left the party.

Chapter 10
Effie & Silas marched towards the eastern bridge.
Corrin & Odin marched south-east.
Anna hold the centre to gain a couple of levels, while Mozu, Azura and Elise were the support crew.
Beruka, Selena and Nyx dealt with the first wave of Onis. Camilla and Niles hold the south-west position and then helped with the Onis.

Beruka gained the much needed L10 so that, in the future, she could be insta-promoted to ferry the girls.
Selena, Camilla and Niles (L8) left the party.
Corrin & Odin got A.
Effie married Silas and re-classed into a Cavalier.

Sophie's Adventures
Units: Anna, Azura, Beruka, Corrin & Odin, Effie, Elise, Mozu and Silas

Anna and Beruka hold the position in the south bridge. The rest of the party marched north-west, Sophie killed Nichol by turn 8 and got three or four levels on her way. All Lemmings were saved.
Silas (L8) and Beruka left the party.
Corrin & Odin got A+. But they must have used Tinder Plus, because he proposed before Ch 11, and I did not play other maps. Anyway...

Free Experience 11
Units: Anna, Azura, Corrin, Effie, Elise, Mozu, Odin and Sophie

The whole party marched west, then south-east after the Samurai Room, then north again to face the Pegasus.
Brand-new Samurai Odin got two level-ups to pass Vantage to Ophelia.
Debut of and farewell to Kaze.

Ophelia's Adventures
Units: Anna, Azura, Corrin, Effie, Elise, Mozu, Odin and Sophie

Anna and Mozu took care of the enemies on the west and got the Horse Spirit, then helped in the centre.
Effie and Sophie went north for the +2 Magic item and then north-west for Calamity Gale. They were then immediately Rescued by Elise, so that Ophelia could take care of the north reinforcements and catch-up with the party. Ophelia got at least three levels.
The Hero of the Ages left the party (L11.)

Kana's Free Experience Gift
I usually do not play this map, but I wanted to complete Ch 12 with only seven girls. Thus I let the girls visit Kana, round their levels and complete the map in seven turns.
Kana the Kid left the party.

Chapter 12
Units: Anna, Azura, Corrin, Effie, Mozu, Ophelia and Sophie

Anna, Mozu and Calamity Ophelia took care of Saizo, Tits and Co.
Effie & Mozu were lunged by an Apothecary before using the DV, and Effie got hexed, which slowed me down for one or two turns and forced me to deal with the Apothecary reinforcements before facing Ryoma.
Since hexed Effie had had fewer kills, I calculated the player phase so that she could kill Ryoma. Well, Ophelia could not care less and killed him with a Lightning critical hit. Go figure.

Oceant's Seven got both chests and killed Ryoma in 14 turns, I think.
The womaniser and the serial killer left the party.

Chapter 13
Units: Anna, Azura, Corrin, Effie, Elise, Mozu, Ophelia and Sophie

I had to play the first turns two or three times to calculate the damage since I usually play this map with more units. This time, I sent my whole party to the right bridge and let Takumi suicide on full-bar Ophelia & Corrin. The rest of the map is easier.

When Benny appeared, the girls were fighting on the bridge and some mages had advanced and were already in front of him. I paired Benny with Charlotte, let him kill one mage and stayed still on the door, hoping for the best. He had to survive two phases before the girls could help him. Well, the sneaky bear dodged seven out of eight attacks!
I could not see the enemy hitting percentages, since animations were turned off, but it was funny to watch seven 'Miss' messages against the slowest unit in the game.

Dodgetank Benny and Charlotte left the party.

Chapter 14
Units: Anna, Azura, Corrin, Effie, Elise, Mozu, Ophelia and Sophie

Everyone but Corrinette promoted. Mozu and Keaton fell in love.

Tinder Awakening
I played the map six times, so that Camilla & Niles and Mozu & Keaton could marry. Sophie was the backup unit, for she can not support with any of them.
All Pebbles and seals were discarded, and no free items were picked up during the replays.

Nina's Adventures
Units: Niles, Anna, Azura, Corrin, Effie, Elise, Mozu, Ophelia and Sophie

I 'unlocked' Nina first since I wanted a flier when visiting Velouria and because Nina does not gain levels on her map.

With every girl now class-changed, armour-slayer Sophie, Corrin and Azura took care of the entire west side, got the Magic Bow and defeated Nina. In the meantime, the other five girls marched on the more dangerous east side, got the Seal and the money, and killed everyone just because.

Nina was immediately re-classed into a Wyvern Rider.
Visiting Niles (L8) left the party forever.

Velouria's Adventures
Units: Keaton, Anna, Azura, Corrin, Effie, Elise, Mozu, Nina, Ophelia and Sophie

Flying Nina and Corrin went to pick up Velouria. Then Elise, Azura and lift-Keaton stayed behind to activate the DV's, while the girls marched right through the centre.
Kills were handed for Nina and Velouria so that both could get a couple of levels.

Chapter 15
Corrin promoted and got rank D in tomes.
Resurrected Gunther finally said goodbye forever.

The final party was assembled at last.
The Fabulous Ten: Anna, Azura, Corrin, Effie, Elise, Mozu, Nina, Ophelia, Sophie and Velouria.

Chapter 16
I got less than 6,000 G because I wanted to hand kills for Nina and Velouria, so that they could reach L20 and promote before the Ninja Cave.

Chapter 17
The party marched in an inverse-C direction.
Poor Saizo had to walk alone, but I focused on Effie and Mozu, who had to grab skills on an alternate class in Levels 3, 4 and 5. And it is easier to level-up here than in Ch 18.

Effie's Skill is usually shaky, so the +40 Hit Skill is really good on her, and Quick Draw is just a steal. On the contrary, Mozu always has more than enough Skill, and thus Sol and Gamble complement her.
Effie was re-classed as Sniper (A+ Mozu) for Levels 3-5, grabbed the skills, then went back to Great Knight. Mozu did the same, but as a Hero (S Keaton.)

Hero Mozu accompanied by Wolfssenger Velouria is quite funny to watch. She is so small in comparison that looks like a hobbit.
Dodgy Kotaro was defeated by Hobbit Mozu (still grabbing skills.)

Chapter 18
Twelve or thirteen turns.

Mechanist Anna has surprisingly useful growths (both in theory and in action.) I finally met a useful puppeteer and an Anna not made of paper. With a Hunter's Dagger, she had no problems facing the Paladins.

Ophelia once again stole the show and killed both Generals on the same phase. Nina was supposed to finish the second one and get more Experience, but Ophelia lands critical hits just because. Maybe Nina was pissed off and that is why they do not have support conversations.

Since Mechanist Anna is slower, I let Elise took care of the every and all mages. She at least was educated enough to let Nina kill Zola.

Chapter 19
I was a bit worried about this map, since six out of ten of the girls were weak against Beast Bane (DK Corrin, DK Ophelia, GK Effie, GK Sophie, Stg Elise and Velouria.) And from the four remaining girls (Azura, Mch Anna, WL Nina and Snp Mozu), only Nina had strong Defence (but was still a couple of levels behind.)

All the fighting girls drank HP, Def and Skl Tonics, and I used a Star-formation when surrounded. If I remember correctly, the pairs were (lead first) Mozu & Effie, Anna & Sophie, Corrin & Velouria and Nina & Ophelia, with Elise & Azura at the centre.

I had already used Mozu with a Short Bow here, but Mechanist Anna kept on surprising me.

The girls were actually tougher than I thought, and the map was completed on the first try.

Chapter 20
Nothing really interesting here. The map is long but easy.
Fuga was defeated by turn 6 or 7, but I wanted the chests, and I had to make sure that both Corrin and Ophelia had 25 Mag and rank C in tomes.
Anna probably had a lucky dodge when surrounded by Great Masters and mages. Then again, she has the highest Luck.

Chapter 21
All Fabulous Ten were fielded and Beruka was invited.

When good mages are available, I use two mages with Lightning on the back of two Malig Knights to kill the Stoneborn and clear the zone.
Since Camilla was forbidden and Gunther has no tits, Beruka was promoted into a L10/1 Malig Knight, and Wyvern Lord Nina would be the second ferry (it was not worth re-classing her this early.)

I was worried that Corrin and Ophelia would not meet the Magic threshold to kill the Stoneborn in one phase. I gave them Mag, Skl and Def Tonics, and got a little nervous when I saw Xander at the cafeteria. Luckily, my buddy cooked a perfect +Mag +Def meal with a Nohrian touch, which doubled the bonuses for Corrinette and her mad daughter.

For the first time on my recent campaigns, the boss had been killed by turn 6 and everyone escaped at the beginning of turn 7. It usually takes me at least one more turn, but this time the whole party decided to land critical hits like crazy and move faster.

Chapter 22
Another easy map. The guy with lenses was defeated in the first seven or eight turns, and the girls just walked around rounding up her levels.

Chapter 23
I was worried about the right pairs to face annoying Hinata and his gang, and how to enter the roof. Well, Mozu and Ophelia solved those problems.

I sent Mozu & Effie to face the snipers, and the rest of the girls to deal with the lancers and Basaras. Then killed stupid Hinata and formed a pair-up barricade to hold the retaliation.

I had luck dealing with Rally Man's gang. Not because the girls dodged mortal attacks, but because they were powerful enough to finish the dangerous enemies in one phase, even though I had not calculated the damage.
The Master of Arms patrol is easy with magic and bows, and this time Anna had both.

Ophelia, again, killed the boss, even though the idea was for her to only fill the bar and let Corrin finish him. Annoying.

Chapter 24
This map was actually just as long as when I had only used foot soldiers. So much for cavalry. Whatever.

Here, Elise and Nina had to gain Levels 14 and 15 on their alternate classes to grab the skills. And getting level-ups as Maid Elise is always (math) fun. This time, I at least had puppeteer Anna to help Elise land the last hit on mages and Kinshis.
I let Anna kill Hinoka just because of her contribution to Elise's level-ups. Great service to the cause.

Oh! Both Anna and Elise had over 30 Luck and over 30 Resistance. And both were hexed by stupid Azama, who must have had less than 20 % chance of hitting them. He even had the nerve to trigger Miracle soon afterwards. F-U-C-K him! I made Sophie strip him just because.

Chapter 25
This map went faster than previous times, mostly because all fighting girls were bulky and all but Velouria provided defence bonuses.
Effie could kill Master Ninjas in one hit, and the rest of the girls could kill any other unit in Attack Stance.

Elise stole the show by Entrapping both Master Ninjas with Spy Shurikens on the east side, and then both Automatons with Spy Yumis on the west side. She also Froze the remaining Automaton with Spy Yumi and the Swordmaster with Life or Death.
All these staff charges let the party march really fast.

The battle with Ryoma took me more turns than usual because I let Corrin (with a pair-up) battle him, so that she could at least get some Experience.

Chapter 26
Velouria, Effie and Sophie took care of the Heroes, and Elise and Double-Anna did their part against the Sorcerers.
Against the Generals and Berserkers horde, Corrin & Effie and Nina & Velouria held the front lines, while the other girls had fun nuking enemies from the second row.
At the end, Velouria and Anna decimated the Stoneborn.

Chapter 27
I might have been lucky with the enemy Entraps, but every door-keeper went down in one phase, and the Merchant decided to walk alone into the only area where there were four girls, basically committing suicide. Garon was gone in a single phase, too.

Endgame
Fabulous Ten guest starring Beruka as Elise's Personal Staff Convoy

It took me four or five tries to finish the map without any casualties, until I realised that my teams had to do a zig-zag to face the second wave of Paladins. At the end, it was completed at the start of turn 7.

Outstanding Performance in a Support Role: Elise, for Freezing the Master Ninjas, Silencing the Great Master, Freezing the remaining Paladin pairs and, unexpectedly, killing Takumi.

Honourable mention for Mechanist Anna, who killed the mages and Malig Knights, and faced the Paladins and Bow Knights with no fear.
She was the greatest surprise of the campaign.

Final Statistics
Girl -- Str / Mag / Skl / Spd / Lck / Def / Res -- (items)

Dark Knight Corrin -- 33 / 34 / 28 / 31 / 23 / 32 / 21 -- (two Spirit Dust, one Goddess Icon)

Strategist Elise -- 5 / 37 / 21 / 32 / 34 / 11 / 33 -- (one Seraph Robe, one Talisman)

Great Knight Effie -- 40 / 0 / 21 / 28 / 28 / 29 / 14 -- (one Speed Wing, one Dragon Shield)

Sniper Mozu -- 29 / 8 / 37 / 35 / 27 / 30 / 18 -- (probably one Goddess Icon)

Mechanist Anna -- 29 / 25 / 28 / 29 / 33 / 23 / 33 -- (two Energy Drops, one Dragon Shield)

Great Knight Sophie -- 37 / 2 / 29 / 30 / 26 / 29 / 20   [at level 20/19]

Dark Knight Ophelia -- 25 / 36 / 29 / 29 / 30 / 27 / 22 -- (one Spirit Dust)

Wyvern Lord Nina -- 33 / 14 / 29 / 33 / 26 / 33 / 23

Wolfssenger Velouria -- 36 / 2 / 29 / 34 / 28 / 30 / 21 -- (one or two Goddess Icons)

Azura --  irrelevant --  (one Seraph Robe)

Mechanist Anna played the role normally played by Kaze in my campaigns, and even though she was indeed slower, she was stronger and bulkier. And her ridiculously high magic made her a more versatile unit, with the Snining Bow and the Flame Shuriken. A pleasant surprise for me.

I was afraid that Dark Knight Ophelia would not be as strong mage as a Sorcerer, or that she would land noticeably less critical hits. Luckily, her Magic was just as strong, and even though she was a bit slower, her Skill and, more importantly, her Defence well compensated for it.

Wyvern Lord Nina was a better Camilla. She could even wield a Bolt Axe as a WL.

Wolfssenger Velouria was the crit-machine of the campaign, more than Ophelia. Mozu's growths and Aptitude also helped.

Edited by starburst