Oh wow, my own gallery !

Zeldacrafter_Swagg

Hello there ! (General Kenobi)

I see you've clicked on this page ! That's... Great ! Well, as you must have suspected, this is where I post my art. As I barely have any pixel-art talent, this is mostly (bad) splicing, but hey, might be worth a try ? 

So, let's catch your interest with character you (might) know about (a.k.a not my OCs) :

First we have Clements, from the indie game Organ Trail (Really good, more people should know about it) :

bWS0NLN.png

(I think his class would either be mercenary or archer)

Next, Ib from the eponymous indie game (Yeah I really like indie gaming) :

d9Jr9Cm.png

(Of course, as she's a barely modified Clarine, she'd be a healer...)

Then we have what I swear is the last indie game character... PAPYRUS UNDERTALE. I didn't really wanted to make him, but I had the base for skeletons and I was really bored. Sorry.

fy4k68l.png

And what would be a video-game art without Breath Of The Wild's Link ?

uwokrF5.png

(Note that I used Lucius as a base. Who would be better to play our beloved crossdressing hero than our favorite trap ?) However, the more I look at him, the ugliest he looks. *Sigh*... Fortunately, the next (And last) character is a lot more... Beautiful.

Spoiler

0MjMCwu.png

My best looking sprite so far. I'm so proud of him.

So... I guess that's it ? I'll post some of my OCs someday, but I think 5 sprites is already quite enough. Also, if you have suggestion of characters you'd like me to do, tell me ! I don't guarantee I'll do it, but this might give me ideas... Also, tell me what's wrong with my sprites, so that I can see how to improve them ! Thanks for reading !

Wow, seeing Ib here is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one :D I like how you've made her, only tiny-little thing that could be changed is her hair, as it shouldn't be that long in front of her ear. I guess? I don't really know how should I put it, so I'm just gonna put a picture here that shows what I'm talking about. The more I look at Link, the more I see him being a woman, but he does look like Link, so good job! For the other 2, well, I've never played Undertale, but I guess the skeleton guy does look like... a skeleton? As for Organ Trail, I've never heard about it, but that man looks like he would be one of the coolest Jagens of all time!

Spoiler

Ibgame.jpg.30b8d27afb446749be7ed551d812cc11.jpg So, like here, her hair os long only at the back, and behind her ears, but it's not like a problem, just something that I've noticed :)

7 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

Wow, seeing Ib here is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one :D I like how you've made her, only tiny-little thing that could be changed is her hair, as it shouldn't be that long in front of her ear. I guess? I don't really know how should I put it, so I'm just gonna put a picture here that shows what I'm talking about. The more I look at Link, the more I see him being a woman, but he does look like Link, so good job! For the other 2, well, I've never played Undertale, but I guess the skeleton guy does look like... a skeleton? As for Organ Trail, I've never heard about it, but that man looks like he would be one of the coolest Jagens of all time!

Reveal hidden contents

Ibgame.jpg.30b8d27afb446749be7ed551d812cc11.jpg So, like here, her hair os long only at the back, and behind her ears, but it's not like a problem, just something that I've noticed :)

Thanks for your reply ! I don't know why, but I always pictured Ib with long hairs near her ears, even when drawing her on paper. No need to say I wondered how this happened, I'm smarter than this... Anyways, here's Ib V.2 :

cQfLKtL.png

And here's Link V.2 as well (I realized there were no shadow under his hairs, and that BOTW's Link had brune hairs, not blonde hairs...

xejA57t.png

(Although something still feel wrong about him...)

Thanks for all the comments guys, it really means a lot to me !

Anyways, for the 150 people watching this page and not responding (138 of them probably being me), here's a bunch of MY OCs ! Yay ! 

First thing to know is that their world isn't similar with any of FE's worlds (Horses, wyverns and pegasi don't exist, however mermaids, centaurs, harpys, slimes, skeletons and lamias do.) but after a friend told me their designs reminded me of Fire Emblem, I decided to turn them into Fire Emblem characters... And the results were pretty good ! Let's take a look at a few of them, shall we ?

BLINK

KPxgCob.png

Here we have our main character. His class would be lord (Similar to Eliwood), although he isn't linked with any royalty whatsoever. 

FELICITY

LY3PhTw.png

This one, however, is linked with royalty. But there isn't any lord fighting with magic, so she'd just be a mage, I guess.

MAGNUS

afsgAxL.png

If I really made a hack about my characters, he'd probably be the Jagen of the hack. Actually, probably more a Seth or FE7!Marcus, but still. Oh, and he's a general.

SPECULA

A7BKxsk.png

Two reasons why she's a good character : 1) She's a healer. 2) She isn't another healing-loli. Yesss. Also she stutters.

PEPITO

4A4iL0a.png

Have you ever dreamed of a playable skeleton soldier ? Well I do. And he's the one, ladies and gentlementlemen. 

ARYA

fvlUeVy.png

I thought I haven't showed you enough waifus already, so here's the third one : Arya. A female mercenary, possibly with a knight's stats and growth (Maybe Oswin ?)

And, to end things in beauty, here's a character with a weird story. I actually made him as a simple recolor for a random boos in FE7 that looked like a famous actor to me, but ended up loving him so much I included him in the story, and now, instead of making a hack following the story I'm writing on Wattpad like the cringy 16y old I am, I think I'd make a hack about him and his team of bandits.

SYLVESTER

UF9gJhQ.png

No need to say he's a brigand. I'd like his stats to be the same as Gonzalez. Because I love Gonzalez a lot.

Next week, I'll continue with my pop-culture characters. PLEAAAAAASE tell me what you think of them, please please please ! I NEED my daily dose of attention !

These aren't bad, but I think you could challenge yourself to be a little more creative with your splicing, Blink looks almost unedited from Franz and Sylvester doesn't look changed at all from the FE7 brigand.

I like the girls, the hair has some messy connection points, but they're a bit more unique. I like Specula the most. Arya is cool, but her hair is kinda off-center on her head. The far side is too far over and the top right (opv) of her head is kinda shallow. I like the general hair concept though!

For you skeletons, if he's supposed to be a real skeleton you might want to check some references. I know FE is generally cartoony, but that's a little too cartoony to stand next to other sprites and not look silly. Cool idea for playable monsters though!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ! Thanks for your reply (and sorry for noticing it so late, I somehow haven't seen the notification)

You're right about Blink ! It was my very first splice, and I don't think I have modified him ever since. If I remember well, the only thing I modified from Franz's sprite was a bit of hairs that I took from Jaffar. However, the thing is, I made my OC's designs a long time before playing a real Fire Emblem game for the first time, and when I saw Franz, I told myself "Oh man, he looks exactly like Blink !" and it all started from here... But now that you mentionned it, I'm starting to work on an improved version (Well, I still think he looks exactly like Franz so I don't think I can really change it...)

About Sylvester, I could have sworn I mentioned it earlier, but apparently I did not. He started as a private joke because I thought Migal (The FE7 bandit you're referring to) looked a bit like a cartoony Stallone (Hence the name and color palette). It was just a joke, but I became more and more attached to it, making him a reccurent antagonist in my story. My love for him got as far as making a ROM hack centered about him (More info here, if you're interested : https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/84580-fe8-terror-of-the-forest/). Someone in the replies (Well actually the only person to really reply to me) said the same thing you said, that I wasn't challenging myself enough. So I decided to make an "improved" version of Sylvester. Or just a version of him with shoulder pads. Still, he looks a lot more different than the original one.

Thanks for the compliment about the girls ! I think I'll rework Arya a little bit, because she's an absolute mess. So far (And I've made more than 50 "unique" splices) she's the character that used the most parts from different characters. And the result isn't really that great (That may be why I never really tried to challenge myself after that...)... But yeah, I'll rework her ASAP ! (Still, I think I won't use as many characters as the first time, especially for the hairs. This seems like a really bad idea.)

For the skeleton, well, I tried doing something more "realistic", but... It just didn't seem right. (Unfortunately I deleted the first versions) Then I settled on taking FE6!Merlinus as a base and trying my best to make it look legit. Now that I think about it, doing the same with Gonzalez, Riev, Orson, Wallace or Garret might not be a bad idea... But in his defense, just try to look at Bors and tell me he doesn't look at least as cartoony ! (Also Pepito's character is supposed to be a silly goofball so the fact that he looks silly compared to the rest of the cast is a good point I guess ?)

Also, I've worked on a few other non-oc characters. I'll upload them (And the updated versions of my characters, as well as a few new ones) another day. Thanks again for the reply !