FEE3 2018: Can't stop, won't stop!

Arch

Hello folks,

Yes, it's that time of year again. The event that we've all been procrastinating for, it's the eighth (EIGHTH!) annual FEE3.

For those of you who are new, FEE3 is a fangame convention that brings together hobbyists who work on Fire Emblem-related projects to showcase our collective progress and new initiatives. Back in the dark days of 2011, when it seemed like the series' days in the west might be over with the lack of an English translation of FE12, Fire Emblem hackers decided to band together and host our own E3 (with blackjack, and hookers!).

But fear not, there still Fire Emblem games in development. They're right here, and this event is designed to showcase them. It's an E3 for the FE community, meant to show off our contributions to the series.

In 2012, we did it again--inspired by the lack of a Fire Emblem: Awakening localization announcement at that year's E3. Two years of disappointment in a row, we thought. That was, until Reggie mistakenly made the announcement to the press thinking it was part of the media kits. Our fears turned out to be unfounded, and Fire Emblem has continued to spawn three new games since it appeared as though Awakening might be the end of the line.

So hey, to anyone who has an active fan project out there: come and join in the festivities! It's always great to see what amazing new things our community has been up to.

Fire Emblem Universe Thread

The Submission Form:

[b]Project Name:[/b]
[b]Platform:[/b] FE7, FE6, FE8, FE4, FE5, FEXP, FEXNA, etc.
[b]Showing:[/b] Trailer, Interview, Let's Play, etc.

In order to pull this off, we'll need some volunteer LPers to participate in the show and host demo showcases. Unfortunately, our usual cast of Mel and Mage Knight 404 won't be leading the charge this year. Project managers should feel free to recruit their own LPers, though! It'll help make the process easier if more people elect to make those arrangements themselves.

Volunteer LPers:

• kirb
  • Mekkah
  • Mage Knight 404
  • MCProductions

Returning Projects:

• Elibean Nights
  • Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword
  • Staff of Ages
  • Fractured Realms

New Projects:

• GFE1R
  • Fire Emblem Resonance: Resurgence
  • Runa Does a Thing
  • Void's Blitzarre Adventure: Blitz Tendence
  • Fire Emblem: Tales of Golden Knight
  • Legends of Avenir
  • Fire Emblem: Poop
  • Fire Emblem [Latino] 2.0 ~ You Can (Not) Ban

The deadline for project submissions will be 9/30/18, with the show taking place in mid-October.

Edited by Arch

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elibean Nights

Is this still not done? At this point it should probably be awarded for "most appearances in FEE3 history", or maybe even for "longest-running hack that won't die but won't be finished, either", lol

no offense to anyone intended, I just find it hilarious lol

• ghast pinned and unpinned this topic

Do you have to have a big following to volunteer? Because I’d be down to record a demo for someone. My Twitch community is pretty small, but we’re all into FE. 

• 3 weeks later...

Project Name: Joespehi's Return to the Mother Land

Platform: FE8

Showing: First Three Chapters

I'm fine with playing and commentating myself, but i'd rather have someone else do it with me since I can tend to be very biased and I would really like to hear genuine feedback.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by tommy7115

• ghast pinned this topic
[b]Project Name:[/b]Jugdral Saga Project
[b]Platform:[/b] Fire Emblem 8 ROM hack
[b]Showing:[/b] Let's play and a kinda jokiish trailer.

I'll send the patch once I'm done with the next demo version. As I plan to release the demo the same time this happens.

Question.  I'm thinking about submitting an SRPG Studio project just showing a Let's Play, depending on how far along I get.  I would like someone else to do the LP (ideally Mekkah), for reasons similar to those of tommy7115.

To whom would I send the FEE3 build?

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

So I just learned about this FEE3 thing a bit ago, but it seems like quite a neat idea, and since it appears that the deadlines have very recently been extended, i was thinking of submitting an LP of the first few chapters of an FE8 hack I'm working on. Since i know so little about this event, i don't know what specifics must be done in regards to LPs such as if I would need another person to LP it for me or if doing an LP for my own project would immediately put me into the list of people that must do LPs or something like that. So is there some in-depth set of rules and specifics or a FAQ about this event that people can access?

Project Name: Project Exile

Platform: FE5

Showing: Mekkah has already generously volunteered to LP the patch for FEE3. He can pick any of the translated chapters (we're done through 8x). I'm also up for an interview, I suppose, if that's something people are interested in.

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy notice: All submissions are due by 2:30pm PST October 15th.

The show will kick off on October 27th.

We've had a tremendous turnout so far, with almost thirty projects either submitted or confirmed to be making an appearance. It's going to be the biggest FEE3 yet!

Here's the updated project list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fItL676eBY0EY9ACkJ6Evx_oH1Iemv-p3Wubg7jdSO0/edit

Edited by Arch

• 2 weeks later...

We usually never make a schedule and just fly by the seat of our pants, but since people keep bugging me about it....

Day 1: Intro, FE8 Rewrite, Blitz Tendency, Vision Quest

Day 2: Elibean Nights, The Golden Kingdom, Nuramon Animation Showcase

Day 3: Staff of Ages, FE8 Self-Randomizer, SALVAGED Paladin

Day 4: Fractured Realms, Sanctea Chronicles, RedFE

Day 5: Project Exile, Radiant Dawn Redux, FE4 Binary English

Day 6: Souls of the Forest, Faith and Blood, The Heroes We Deserve, Legends of Avenir

Day 7: FETD II, Fallen Flame, BSFEGBA

Day 8: Sacred Echoes, Tales of the Golden Knight, Fallen Kingdom, Fire Emblem Poop

Day 9: Immortal Sword, Super Imperial Odyssey, Resonance: Resurgence

Day 10: DSA, Misaka Tech Demo, Tera Staff/Item Use Routine Demo

Day 11: GFE1R, Snek

Kickoff is at 12pm EST today. Let's get the hype train rolling!!!!

Edited by Arch